Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-20-2015, 06:32 AM   #3201
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies--It is Wednesday and I am posting Smoochy in hopes it brings a big smile to you today and that you have a great one!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:37 AM   #3202
SCS RAK Coordinator

I posted and it should be there after you approve. Seemed to work OK, but you will have to see if it is actually there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Need a favor. A lady left a comment on my blog this morning and said that she couldn't leave one using her iPad so basically had to go over to her other computer to leave one. Said I needed to change my setting to "pop up" under comments. That's what I have it on now though. If any of y'all have an iPad could you try to leave a comment on my blog and see if it would do through? You don't have to follow through and actually comment if you don't want, but am just trying to see what's going on. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2015, 10:09 AM   #3203
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Barb. I got another email this morning from that same person and now she said it worked for her. No clue on what was going on. The only thing I can think of is that it was something to do on her end of things and not mine. Weird! Also thanks so much for the comments! And YES, YES, YES......You're going to LOVE the MISTI!

If y'all haven't checked it out you may want to. The site is My Sweet Petunia. I have heard of some of them cracking (the plexiglass) but mine hasn't at all. Just wish I'd gotten the thing when I first started stamping!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:55 AM   #3204
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Glad your foot is doing a little better Maggie and nothing was broken. Jeanette, that sounds like a great trip they're taking. I hear parts of Alaska are so beautiful. Great for your sister too! Know she'll enjoy retirement.

All's well around here. Jim has his blood level tested last week and it is now at a whopping 13.8!!!!!!! We're very excited about that. I just think he had an excellent nurse (me!)! LOL! He's doing pretty good. Hasn't used the oxygen much but then again he hasn't been doing a lot of physical activity either. The garden is getting a ton or rain these days so that's been good. Beans, okra, squash and tomatoes will be here before we know it - hopefully.

Not much stamping going on with me. Seems there is always something else I need to do. Hard to get in the mood to do it right now too. I have a couple of cards I can stick up on the blog that I did a while back and then I'm at a dry hole I suppose. Guess I need to get with the program a little more. What motivates you to stamp when you get like that?????
Glad to hear that Jim is doing so much better. I really think it is his excellent nursing care also. It's good that he's not having to use oxygen very much. The garden all sounds great except for the Okra. Not a big Okrra fan.

When I have troubles getting into the mood, I'll check out the challenges on Paper Playful and find something that catches my fancy. I'm also in a swap group and I'm usually behind so that is when I catch up on my swap cards.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 05-20-2015, 12:01 PM   #3205
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I disappeared yesterday - doing some deep cleaning/purging in the closet. It took longer than I thought it would... but it sure looks better. I also had a couple of meetings - one was an hour+ conference call. Love when we can have meetings from the comfort of our home - though I also love going to meetings.

DH and DD both made it safely to Anchorage last night. DH arrived around 11:30 PM our time and DD around 1:00 AM our time.

Maggie, I'm glad you had your foot checked out - it didn't look good - and am also glad it is a sprain. Healing thoughts heading your way. I am sorry about the shot... and yes! I think you deserved that slice of cake.

Lynn, YAY for DH! He certainly DOES have a great nurse! For me, when I get in a stamping slump, it seems to help if I just jump back in. I don't usually like the first card (or more) that I make, but I do find the enjoyment of the hobby returns after a card or two.

I'm planning to dig into another closet today - and might try to make a card, too. I have to pick Brock up from work early this afternoon, as I have a meeting about 2 hours from our home and he'll have to go with me. I hate that I'll have him out so late tonight - we probably won't get home until 10:30 or so... and he's usually in bed before 8:00. Oh well, I guess he'll do okay.

BTW, our Brock turns 30 tomorrow!!!
Closets are the worst! I went through mine a couple of weeks ago, but I need to make another pass through and see if there are things that I really need to find a new home for.

Wish I could work from home in my PJ's

Thanks for the healing wishes. I can use them. The toe area is still pretty sore when walking and my wounds on top of my foot are just icky. Took the bandage off last night (Dr. said to change it every day). I think it was a good thing I did. I won't go into the TMI stuff, but I went into the tub and washed it all off and then cleaned it with peroxide and put some Rescue Cream on it and a clean bandage. It really stung and throbbed after that.

Hope all goes well with your meetings.

to BROCK!

Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:02 PM   #3206
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Need a favor. A lady left a comment on my blog this morning and said that she couldn't leave one using her iPad so basically had to go over to her other computer to leave one. Said I needed to change my setting to "pop up" under comments. That's what I have it on now though. If any of y'all have an iPad could you try to leave a comment on my blog and see if it would do through? You don't have to follow through and actually comment if you don't want, but am just trying to see what's going on. Thanks!
Hope you were able to work that out. I don't have an iPad so couldn't test it out.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:03 PM   #3207
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Lynn, did you get your answers/help?

Today IS a special day! Brock is a happy man - "his" Kelly was not at work yesterday, but is to be back today! And it's his birthday - which means "we get to open presents" after work. He gets to choose where he eats dinner tonight - it's family tradition. He's choosing Ryan's so after his evening chores and presents of course, he and I will travel to the small city an hour from our house for dinner.
Sounds like a fun time! Travel safely.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #3208
Quacker Stamper

Went and had lunch with my DD and DGD today at The Cheesecake Factory. She and I were both good. We had the Mexican Chicken Lettuce wraps. Very good, but light so I won't feel bad about eating that cheesecake later today. I got the chocolate mousse. They each got a piece to take home and share with the men of the family. It was nice to spend time with the girls. We're supposed to get together on Monday for Memorial Day dinner, but she's not sure yet what they are going to have. Kind of depends on the weather. If it's raining, it won't be a good day to BBQ.

One of the attorneys brought in a cheesecake wheel. I saw it in the kitchen right before I left for lunch and thought - I don't need that cause I'll have my own soon enough from TCCF. Someone is always bringing yummy food in to tempt us (me)!
Old 05-20-2015, 10:16 PM   #3209
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Testing : )
Old 05-20-2015, 10:31 PM   #3210
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hello : ) I stopped by last night and posted a LONG note, and poof- when I hit reply it disappeared.....So, I gave up and went to bed. (I stayed up and watched the Blackhawks).

Stephi is off to DC- she wanted to see my parents, so we went to Ky last weekend and she took a bus on Sunday- AM early. She missed a connection D/T a late bus at the first to 2nd stop, so did not get to DC until 4:30AM and had to work at 9AM. I think it is going to be a fabulous experience for her. She wanted to take a bus with a weeks worth of clothes, and Ray will head out Saturday to bring her the rest of her stuff. So, I will be home for the long weekend alone (to craft : ) )

Bathroom work begins next Tuesday. We have Chris girlfriend and a friend plus 2 dogs for the night on Thursday next week- they are traveling from Colorado to New Jersey....

I am off to bed- I am so sorry, I had personal replies to everyone last night, but it went poof...... I will get to blogs tomorrow. I had a nutty day and need sleep!

Shelly
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:43 AM   #3211
Mad Swapper

Shelly I have lost posts too - I have learnt the hard way to refresh the page before I type a comment.

Sorry I have been MIA - I have been able to keep up with reading the news, but not able to comment.

DH's son and DIL arrived Saturday evening - I worked hard to do all the prep on Saturday. Sunday we did a couple of family things in the morning, then in the afternoon we had a 'bun fight' with a few extra family members thrown in, as well as the locals. (I bought 24 cupcakes from a local lady who bakes them - they were stunning looking and fabulous tasting) It was a great time, but exhausting, and the local families did not go home until after dinner. 11 of us around the table - made for a noisy meal.

Monday was a quiet morning and the visitors left to head south to Lake Taupo for one night, then down to the bottom of the North Is to catch up with other family members before flying out tomorrow morning from Wellington.

Tomorrow morning I head up to Waikato Hospital - my brother is driving me - and have a leision taken off my face, so by tomorrow evening I will have a black eye and sore face

Winter is really hitting us now - we have had such a long and gentle end of summer/autumn that it is a bit of a shock!

Shelly I hope you have had a good night.

Jeanette I do hope you and Brock have a eonderful day, and that DH and DD enjoy their trip.

Maggie your foot looks aweful - praying it heals quickly . I know how those falls can hurt {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Good to see you here Kristie, and to see you creating again.

Great news about Jim, Lynn - we wives are the best nurses

Barb you always seemt o be sp busy - are you by any chance busier now you have retired than when you worked?? .

Waving fgrom a soggy NZ
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:44 AM   #3212
Swapper of the Month March 2013

YES!!! Smoochy made an appearance yesterday! I Smoochy! Thank you, Barb!

Okay, Lynn... you're going to make me look, aren't you? Mist... hmmmm...

Shelly, I'm sorry your post went poof. That is so frustrating!

Maggie, I'll continue to pray for healing. Sorry you're in such pain. I'm glad you were able to go to the Cheesecake Factory, though. It would have been bad if your injury had prevented that! THANK YOU for the adorable birthday greeting for Brock. I showed it to him and he smiled!

Maxine, you are in my thoughts... wondering how things are going with the lesion/black eye, etc.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 05-21-2015, 07:30 AM   #3213
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I am not sure what is on my list to do today as there are so many things........................ Yesterday, I did plant up our 6 hanging baskets and 10 other pots that go on the deck from the flowers in the greenhouse we started from seeds. Some of the petunia plants are pretty big already, but everything will stay in the greenhouse for another week or so as it still is pretty cool at night. I think it is supposed to get warmer next week and usually I do set out the flowers over Memorial Day weekend. Roomie took the day off and is working on the vegetable raised beds. The tomato, pepper, kale and chard plants are pretty big in the greenhouse and those should be planted outside soon too.

Have a Terrific Thursday!
Old 05-21-2015, 07:06 PM   #3214
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello : ) I stopped by last night and posted a LONG note, and poof- when I hit reply it disappeared.....So, I gave up and went to bed. (I stayed up and watched the Blackhawks).

Stephi is off to DC- she wanted to see my parents, so we went to Ky last weekend and she took a bus on Sunday- AM early. She missed a connection D/T a late bus at the first to 2nd stop, so did not get to DC until 4:30AM and had to work at 9AM. I think it is going to be a fabulous experience for her. She wanted to take a bus with a weeks worth of clothes, and Ray will head out Saturday to bring her the rest of her stuff. So, I will be home for the long weekend alone (to craft : ) )

Bathroom work begins next Tuesday. We have Chris girlfriend and a friend plus 2 dogs for the night on Thursday next week- they are traveling from Colorado to New Jersey....

I am off to bed- I am so sorry, I had personal replies to everyone last night, but it went poof...... I will get to blogs tomorrow. I had a nutty day and need sleep!

Shelly
Sorry about the post. I know how you feel.

Best of luck to Stephi with her job. I hope that she likes it and it all goes well for her in DC. Have fun crafting!

Great that you're getting started on the bathroom. How long do you expect it to take to get it finished. Sounds like you're going to have a houseful.

I did get around to visit blogs last night. Trying to get back into my routine.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:08 PM   #3215
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Shelly I have lost posts too - I have learnt the hard way to refresh the page before I type a comment.

Sorry I have been MIA - I have been able to keep up with reading the news, but not able to comment.

DH's son and DIL arrived Saturday evening - I worked hard to do all the prep on Saturday. Sunday we did a couple of family things in the morning, then in the afternoon we had a 'bun fight' with a few extra family members thrown in, as well as the locals. (I bought 24 cupcakes from a local lady who bakes them - they were stunning looking and fabulous tasting) It was a great time, but exhausting, and the local families did not go home until after dinner. 11 of us around the table - made for a noisy meal.

Monday was a quiet morning and the visitors left to head south to Lake Taupo for one night, then down to the bottom of the North Is to catch up with other family members before flying out tomorrow morning from Wellington.

Tomorrow morning I head up to Waikato Hospital - my brother is driving me - and have a leision taken off my face, so by tomorrow evening I will have a black eye and sore face

Winter is really hitting us now - we have had such a long and gentle end of summer/autumn that it is a bit of a shock!

Shelly I hope you have had a good night.

Jeanette I do hope you and Brock have a eonderful day, and that DH and DD enjoy their trip.

Maggie your foot looks aweful - praying it heals quickly . I know how those falls can hurt {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Good to see you here Kristie, and to see you creating again.

Great news about Jim, Lynn - we wives are the best nurses

Barb you always seemt o be sp busy - are you by any chance busier now you have retired than when you worked?? .

Waving fgrom a soggy NZ
Sounds like a fun family time Maxine. But, what is a "bun" fight? I've never heard of that. Do you throw buns at each other? Try to catch them in your mouth?
Old 05-21-2015, 07:10 PM   #3216
Quacker Stamper

I've actually been able to walk a little better on my foot tonight. But the top of my foot where I scraped it all up looks really bad. I've been cleaning it with Peroxide and putting some Rescue Cream on it, but it's all red and sore. I'm leaving it open for a little while and I think I'll just put band aids on it before bed. The gauze pads seem to irritate it a bunch.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:13 PM   #3217
Mad Swapper

Oh Maggie - your interpretation of a 'bun fight' had me smiling - it is a fairly loose slang term for a get together with a cuppa and food .

I have just got back from the hospital - so far no black eye, but a rather obvious dressing up the side of my nose so I can put my glasses on . Hopefully that will be the most noticable after effect. The stitches come out next Wednesday, and I am on strict orders to have a quite weekend, keeping my head up.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:13 PM   #3218

Maggie, I'm glad your foot is doing better, even though it doesn't look like it is.

Barb, you're quite the gardener.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:14 PM   #3219

Maxine, we were typing at the same time. I'm glad you're back home. Healing wishes heading your way!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-21-2015, 08:24 PM   #3220

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-22-2015, 03:53 AM   #3221

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-22-2015, 06:55 AM   #3222
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all - sorry I've been MIA! You can't even imagine my week(s) with all 3 kids in the drs', eye dr, ortho appts, schools, Prom, Prom weekend, DD's Senior Song recital and dinner, awards, yadda yadda! I'm ready to drop but one more week until Graduation and 9ish more days 'til school is out - I'll manage!

Hope everyone is well ~ and is ready for a long weekend!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 05-22-2015, 03:00 PM   #3224
Mad Swapper

What a busy lot you all are here - gardening and chatting and card swapping etc. kelly i don't know how you do it all!! We are baby sitting next weekend whilst the parents have a weekend away - and I am not looking forward to it... .

I have woken to the promised black eye this morning - partially covered by the dressing, but definately there!! It's freezing cold here and wet, so I can see that most of the day will be spent reading - thankfully I have some good books on hand.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:23 PM   #3225
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Hi all - sorry I've been MIA! You can't even imagine my week(s) with all 3 kids in the drs', eye dr, ortho appts, schools, Prom, Prom weekend, DD's Senior Song recital and dinner, awards, yadda yadda! I'm ready to drop but one more week until Graduation and 9ish more days 'til school is out - I'll manage!

Hope everyone is well ~ and is ready for a long weekend!
Hi Kelly! I'm sure it's quite a whirlwind with the kids at the end of the school year.

Just wanted to say Thank You for the cute images you sent. So sweet.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #3226
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
What a busy lot you all are here - gardening and chatting and card swapping etc. kelly i don't know how you do it all!! We are baby sitting next weekend whilst the parents have a weekend away - and I am not looking forward to it... .

I have woken to the promised black eye this morning - partially covered by the dressing, but definately there!! It's freezing cold here and wet, so I can see that most of the day will be spent reading - thankfully I have some good books on hand.
Oh my gosh! The grands are coming for a visit and you're not looking forward to it.

Sorry about the black eye! I can relate. The foot is still all pretty purple. My sis called me today to tell me that she had to go ahead and get her own injury. She fell/tripped while working at her church decorating and fell on her arm. She didn't realize at first that she had cut it open until one of the other ladies pointed it out to her that it was all bloody. She had her DD's SO take her to the emergency care center and she ended up getting 5 stitches! So glad I didn't have to get stitches.

I did have a terrible night last night. After I finished dressing my foot for the night - I started getting severe stabbing pains in the top of my foot right at one of the wounds. Couldn't figure out what the problem was, but I sure wasn't going to get any sleep with stabbing pains every few seconds! I think it may have been because I put Iodine on the wounds after the Peroxide. So about 1 a.m. I was up still and washed it off and redid it with just the Peroxide and the Rescue Cream and a couple of Tylenol and then went back to bed. Turned the alarm off and decided that I'd stay home. I did get to sleep and woke up at 6:45 so it wasn't too late. Decided I'd go ahead in to the office anyway and just be late rather than take a whole day off. I sure hope I don't go through that again tonight.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:31 PM   #3227
Quacker Stamper

Today was one of those long boring days. At least we broke it up by going out to lunch. Boss took 4 of us for an early celebration of his son (my other boss) birthday on the 28th. He (the son) wanted to go to a new BBQ place which was good for us. Then on the way we went by this other place called Pollo Tropical. It's a new place so we decided to go there. Well, wrong choice. The place had lots of customers but few employees and the wait was too long, so we left. I want to stop by there on my way home from work one night and go through their drive thru.

I worked on more filing/scanning/closing. Also did a bit of research on my dad's family on Ancestry.com.

I stopped at the grocery store on my way home from work tonight and picked up the things I'll need for dinner on Monday. I'm making potato salad and Cole Slaw to take to DD's for Memorial Day. Then made a stop at Whole Foods to pick up a tube of Rescue Cream for my foot. Gassed up my car for $2.39 a gallon. It's $2.45 by where I live and it's usually more expensive at this Kroger, but I got a deal today.

Hope to get to bed early tonight so I'll get a good night's sleep after last night.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:15 PM   #3228
Mad Swapper

We are going to the grands place, Maggie, and at 5 and 3 they are full on, and will, no doubt try it on for us!! It is from Friday night through until late Sunday, and DD and SIL will be right out of town (2 1/2 hours drive away. We will cope, but it will be chaos
Old 05-23-2015, 04:55 AM   #3229

Maxine, I'm wondering what the grands are going to think of your black eye??? BTW, I hope you are able to enjoy the time with them and that the chaos won't be too bad!

Maggie, I love potato salad, when shall I arrive on Monday?

Kelly, your schedule is always BUSY and you do busy so well!

Barb, wonderful graphic!

Brock and I are going to his first Softball game of the summer (there are only 4 this year). He loves going to play... and he tells me "his" Kelly will be there, which makes it extra special!

We'll also run some errands... and probably get him some cheeseburgers for lunch (a couple from our church gave him a McD's gift card for his birthday).

I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #3230
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Just dropping in to say hello and have a great weekend! I am home alone- not getting much done today- I think it is allergies, but sleeping alot this past week. I was in bed by midnight, and slept most of the morning...... geepers!

Maxine- hope you heal quickly, and hope you enjoy the grands too : )

Maggie- your BBQ sounds great I am hearing lots of rain will be coming to Tx., hope you stay dry! Your lunch sounds good, and your gas is so cheap! Ours is $2.79! Hope the foot is healing.

It is a nice day here- the rain came thru quickly this afternoon.

Waving hello to all- I am going to get in the craft room and create this afternoon, then will work on moving stuff to upstairs.

Shelly
Old 05-24-2015, 03:57 PM   #3231
Quacker Stamper

Jeanette, we will be eating about 1. You and Brock are more than welcome to join us.

I had a very busy day yesterday outside! Yep! I finally got outside to do some yard work - even with my sore foot. After I got my wounds all cleaned and covered with bandage, I put a sock over my foot so the bandages would stay in place and then my slip on Go Walks. I spent hours out weeding the flower beds, trimming shrubs and the rose bushes and then I planted some of my plants that I"ve had for weeks waiting for the right time to get them planted. With all the rain we've had, there was never the right time. I called my yard guy, but he didn't answer and hasn't called me back. I knew I had to get the plants in the ground or I was going to lose more of them. I already had 2 die. I think they got too wet in their pots. One of them had beautiful pick bell flowers on it. I got all in the ground except one in the front yard. By the time I got that all done and everything watered, it was 7:30! That was enough for one day. Came in and showered and worked in my stamp room for a little while.

Woke up this morning about 7 to thunder and lightning. Glad that it all came early so it was done by the time I had to go to church.

Planning to have some dinner and then go work on my DT cards. I started one this morning. The image is Thor! I'm going to make it for my SIL's birthday card this month since that is his name!

I'm going to DD's tomorrow for our get together. We're going to have chicken burgers, and I'm making potato salad and cole slaw. DD is also making milk shakes. Yummy! We're going to eat about 1. If the weather is decent I'm going to drive out to that place where I had the car accident and take my pictures. I'll almost be there when I get to DDs so it's a good time to do it.

Foot is about the same. It still hurts to walk properly - the pad under my big toe hurts when I put pressure on it, so it's also hard walking down stairs. The wounds on top of my foot really hurt when I change out the dressing, but I'm not getting the severe stabbing pains that I was getting a few days ago.

Ugh! Just called the HPD for the people across the street from me. They are having a party out on their front lawn with their music turned way up so loud that it's reverberating all over my house!!!! I haven't called HPD in a long time even some times I could have but just let them get away with it but this is just too much!

Old 05-24-2015, 05:42 PM   #3232
Pearl-ExPert

Going to try to write this from my iPad. The heating pad and I are having a date flat on my back in bed. LOL! Almost like having Brad Pitt in here! Nothing serious at all. Just pulled something. Not fun getting old.

Maxine, hope your nose is getting better. Know you'll be glad to have the stitches out. Know what you mean about keeping the grands. We love them dearly, but yes, they're a handful.

Maggie, glad the foot is better.

Waving hi to everyone.

We had flooding here last night. They even evacuated parts of town. We're in a high spot so we're fine. Lots of rain though. The garden is actually getting too much water now. A big change from the way it's been for so many years.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:28 PM   #3233
Mad Swapper

Hi from a decidedly frigid New Zealand - there was even a snow/sleet flurry here in town early afternoon - argh - too early!! We don't usually get anything like this until July/August, and then only about once in five years, and this is only a couple of years....

The nose does not like the cold, but overall is gradually improving. Stitches come out on Wednesday afternoon - about 48 hours away. It was wonderful to have a shower this morning .

I made two cards last week, and gave them both away before I photographed them - one I can retrieve, but the other is winging it's way to a friend over your way. I have an order for four more, and have got the concepts started already, including one for a hairdresser!!

Great to see you all here - have a great holiday and enjoy the warmth if you have any.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:21 AM   #3234

Shelly, I think it sounds like you needed to sleep in! I'm glad you were able to do that!

YAY! Brock and I will be heading to Maggie's family get together - for potato salad! Well, Brock will like the milkshakes better, but I'm going for the potato salad. BTW, did you get any of those horrible storms yesterday that affected TX, OK and other states, too?

Lynn, one has to wonder - does Brad Pitt make you hot (like a heating pad does)?

Maxine, when I read your comments about your weather, I have to smile, considering we are hot and muggy here. The opposite seasons are an interesting thing.

Waving at everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:48 AM   #3235
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! We are heading the Brewer game with 4 friends today. It is rainy now, so I am glad Miller Park has a retractable roof! Temps are to be close to 80 today, so it might be a bit humid!

Have a wonderful Monday, a Blessed Memorial Day and a great start to the last full week in May. That means summer is around the corner!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2015, 04:19 PM   #3236
Watercolor Wizard

hello strangers! sorry iʻve been crazy busy here. i decided to go back to school part time in the fall and pick back up my part time student job and my boss decided he wanted me to start over the summer... and summer session starts tomorrow!! so iʻve been busy getting things in order around the house as well as for work, and attending orientations and meetings and whatnot.

i sorely owe everyone some blog love and hopefully things will settle down once we get into a routine and i can get back to ʻnormal!ʻ

miss you guys and sending tons of love!!
Old 05-25-2015, 06:28 PM   #3237
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Going to try to write this from my iPad. The heating pad and I are having a date flat on my back in bed. LOL! Almost like having Brad Pitt in here! Nothing serious at all. Just pulled something. Not fun getting old.

Maxine, hope your nose is getting better. Know you'll be glad to have the stitches out. Know what you mean about keeping the grands. We love them dearly, but yes, they're a handful.

Maggie, glad the foot is better.

Waving hi to everyone.

We had flooding here last night. They even evacuated parts of town. We're in a high spot so we're fine. Lots of rain though. The garden is actually getting too much water now. A big change from the way it's been for so many years.
Sorry that you're having a back issue Lynn. I hope it clears up quickly.

The foot is getting there, but still giving me problems. The wound right in the middle of the top of my foot is still pretty sore and hurts/burns like crazy when I put the cream on it. I know it's just going to take time to get it well and all healed up.

I hear we're under a tornado alert tonight until 2 a.m. It's supposed to be to my house about 10, so I hope it comes and goes quickly and no bad issues. I'm so glad that I got those flowers planted on Saturday. The ones in the back are just mostly my Milkweed and a few little daisy type plants. They will be okay until I can get them in the ground.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:30 PM   #3238
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Shelly, I think it sounds like you needed to sleep in! I'm glad you were able to do that!

YAY! Brock and I will be heading to Maggie's family get together - for potato salad! Well, Brock will like the milkshakes better, but I'm going for the potato salad. BTW, did you get any of those horrible storms yesterday that affected TX, OK and other states, too?

Lynn, one has to wonder - does Brad Pitt make you hot (like a heating pad does)?

Maxine, when I read your comments about your weather, I have to smile, considering we are hot and muggy here. The opposite seasons are an interesting thing.

Waving at everyone else!
You must have taken a wrong turn, cause we missed you! The potato salad was yummy as well as the rest of the dinner.

We've gotten a lot of rain, but not nearly as much as they've had up in North Texas. I'm starting to hear thunder in the distance, so I'm going to close down the laptop until it's over.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:41 AM   #3239

Well, DRATS! I missed the potato salad! and worse than that... I missed meeting and spending time with Maggie.

Kel, it's so good to see you. WOW! You are so busy - and changes are coming that will make you even busier. I hope you'll be very happy with the choices/decisions you've made!

Barb, I hope you had a good time at the ballgame yesterday. How did your team do?

Today is my last day of housework, for tomorrow I play! YAY! My DH has been gone for over a week and I've purged and sorted and organized... and made room for our DD's summer with us. Today I am giving the house a good cleaning... and tomorrow is all about Me! I'm going to play with ink tomorrow! And I have a lunch date tomorrow, too - with Me!

But first, today I must clean!

I hope your day is FABULOUS!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-26-2015, 05:22 AM   #3240
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! We had a great weekend and I really feel like we accomplished a lot! We had a good time at the game yesterday, even thought the Brewers lost. We had tickets for a special section at the park that included a tailgate buffet, beverages and tables/stools for seating so we were able to talk a bit during the game too.

Today I need/want to spend all day in the stamp room as I have a couple of swaps that I need to get out by the end of the week. Yikes--it seems I am a bit behind there as I have been spending more time outside and in the gardens.

Have a Terrific Tuesday!