Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-01-2015, 08:13 PM   #3121
Pearl-ExPert

Jeanette, hope you have a WONDERFUL time!!!! Take care and we'll miss you.

Shelly, yikes on the hand but glad it's feeling better. Burns always hurt so bad. Did the doctor give you Silvadine (spelling). That works wonders! Sounds like the bathroom is moving right along - and at great savings too. Always happy about saving money. Know it's going to be pretty.

Kelly, I didn't realize the next one was up for graduation this year! They're growing up too fast. Know you'll be really busy for this next month.

Maxine, be sure and let us know about the surgery and when exactly they're doing it. At least maybe they caught it early and can take care of it pretty fast. I've got a place on the tip of my nose - of all places! LOL - that is probably going to have to go under the knife too. Not fun at all. And double yikes on the infection on your hand. Bless your heart! Hope that starts healing fast.

Maggie, I've never heard of a place named Loft. I assume it's like a department store. Sounds like you got a great deal though.

Kel, hope the baby is doing better this week. Not fun at all with no sleep for you I know.

Barb, I saw something about you planting or not planting. Hopefully it'll warm up soon and you can get all the flowers you want into the ground. They always make the yard look nice.

Kristi, I saw on FB ( I think ) a picture of your flowers. SO pretty.

Waving hi to everyone and hope you have a great weekend.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-02-2015, 06:03 AM   #3122
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Jeanette, hope you have a WONDERFUL time!!!! Take care and we'll miss you.

Shelly, yikes on the hand but glad it's feeling better. Burns always hurt so bad. Did the doctor give you Silvadine (spelling). That works wonders! Sounds like the bathroom is moving right along - and at great savings too. Always happy about saving money. Know it's going to be pretty.

Kelly, I didn't realize the next one was up for graduation this year! They're growing up too fast. Know you'll be really busy for this next month.

Maxine, be sure and let us know about the surgery and when exactly they're doing it. At least maybe they caught it early and can take care of it pretty fast. I've got a place on the tip of my nose - of all places! LOL - that is probably going to have to go under the knife too. Not fun at all. And double yikes on the infection on your hand. Bless your heart! Hope that starts healing fast.

Maggie, I've never heard of a place named Loft. I assume it's like a department store. Sounds like you got a great deal though.

Kel, hope the baby is doing better this week. Not fun at all with no sleep for you I know.

Barb, I saw something about you planting or not planting. Hopefully it'll warm up soon and you can get all the flowers you want into the ground. They always make the yard look nice.

Kristi, I saw on FB ( I think ) a picture of your flowers. SO pretty.

Waving hi to everyone and hope you have a great weekend.
LOFT is Ann Taylor. It's a clothing store.

I slept in a bit. So nice

Last night I worked on cleaning out in the workshop. First I went through the boxes of craft stuff I have on the shelves and rearranged them so I have some open space. Got some stuff off them to put somewhere else and some to trash. Then I cleaned out one of the storage cabinets! Yikes I had about 6 packages of napkins and a ton of plastic cups. I packaged them up and plan to give them to my DD. I don't use paper napkins when they come for dinner, so I don't really need them. They are all leftovers from different events over the years. I also put in there some small dessert paper plates. She uses them also sometimes for our desserts when I go to dinner. Now I have a ton of Mason jars I need to figure out what to do with. There are tons of projects to put in jars, so I'm thinking that I will save and repurpose them.

This morning it's the grocery store, but first I want to go to the nursery and look at plants and see what I want to get for my flower beds. I'm thinking in the back yard will be plants that attract butterflies and hummers. My Milkweed is growing great if I can get the butterflies to lay eggs. I also expect to get my closet cleaned out today - Winter put away and Summer pulled out.

Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 05-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #3123
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Weekends always fly by way too fast!

Hello to all : ) I had my ATC swap this weekend, and I had such a hectic week I did not get them done, so stayed up half the night Friday and finished them after a trip to the car dealership. Our theme was Deli Paper- always some really cool ideas!

We ended up buying a Honda CRV- I like the feel of the seat- just like the van and on long trips- my aching back can take the van......

I spent the afternoon taking pictures of the final pile of patterns and embroidery machine cassettes in my friends stash, then uploaded them on a Destash Facebook page. I am just shy of $400 total, so $200 to each charity. Everything is gone but the magazines and the stuff I listed today- hubby was shocked we got it all out of here so quickly.......

The burn is hardly visible- yes Lynn, they gave me Silvadene, and it works wonders- cept- I am allergic to Sulfa, so I did not use it as much as they told me too, as it makes me all itchy..... and I put it on sparsely when I did apply it.

I went through a few more crafting supplies- I have some extra TJ CD's......does anyone do Mini Album projects? or Scrapbooking? Or Emboss or dies (don't we all) that would want a CD?

The ladies in the ATC group are going to a retreat in Lake Geneva (Wisconsin) in 2 weeks, and they have a table of 'stuff' kind of an exchange, so I will be setting a box of stuff aside to send- just too much stuff in my crafting room! (aka Cabana : ) )

Katie got her ticket home- June 15th Yeah! Yippie Skippy!

Hope you had a productive day Maggie! We are almost there- the last frost is generally Mothers Day- that is when we can plant outside and put away the winter clothes.... Awesome pics of your trip on FB!

Maxine- Yikes on your hand and cellulitis. So sorry! Hope the IV antibiotics and all kick in really quickly!

Lynn- fun to see you back and you are sounding like your old self again (not old as in elderly, old as in just like you used to be....hehehe). You must have all of your gardening and tilling done for the day!

Waving hi to everyone- I have to get to bed! I have alot I want to accomplish tomorrow : )

Shelly
mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:31 AM   #3124
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Shelly--you are one busy lady! Congrats on getting those things sold and the donation. Have you been to Lake Geneva before? It is such a pretty town. I have a 2013 CRV and I love it! I had a Pilot before--had for 9 years.
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:38 AM   #3125
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Everyone! We had a great weekend--did the cancer walk Saturday morning, went to a birthday party that night, worked outside and in the gardens yesterday--raking and more cleaning in the flower gardens, cutting the grass, trimmed the rose bushes and other fun things like that! The weather was great the past two days, but it is supposed to be cooler and rainy this week. That is good as it we really need rain!

I hope you have a good start to the new week--enjoy the day!
Old 05-04-2015, 09:17 AM   #3126
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Stopping by in the day time..... Barb- think I remember you told me that- it will take some getting used to...only drove it to Church so far, but will drive it to Michigan this weekend for Stephi's graduation....then to DC. I have to say, you have the kind of life I want when I am retired- always on the go and lots of fun! I am not that busy now : ) Work gets in the way...hehehehe

Ray does our planting mostly as I have allergies and neck issues-my neck does not enjoy gardening for some reason. I do help outside...ha-choo!

Emboss and Die CD is spoken for- if anyone wants one of the others, drop a line. (Scrapbooking-with stamps and Mini Albums)

Have a great day- off to get busy and accomplish something with my slow room move- I would rather take my time and sort than just throw stuff in the new space....!

We started the bathroom demolition- our handyman- who does beautiful work- has bad knees, so we decided to remove the floor time and around the tub/shower, he wants us to just remove one tile on the outside and he will cut out the old tun and tile all as one.....put in new cement board. Cannot wait until to see all of the items I picked out all together.

Have a great day
Shelly
Old 05-04-2015, 11:40 AM   #3127
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, you should have been running that tiller on Saturday instead of me! It would have done wonders for your neck issue! LOL! Everything on my body is still in pain from it. Great news about the new wheels! Those are great autos too!!! You're going to really enjoy it. And now, Stephi is graduating! Kudos to her - that's wonderful!

Happy Monday to everyone! I know Monday isn't suppose to be a happy day like Friday, but it's still a great day to be happy!
Old 05-04-2015, 02:11 PM   #3128
Gabfest Goddess

Hello my neglected friends! I sure miss your chatter.

so many important issues on the homefront the last couple of months. I barely keep up with my job and all of the other "stuff". I want a little boredom.

DD & ex hubby needed to be rescued from their living arrangement - fast. It had become dangerous - drug usage, out of control people, etc. So, I managed to get his car towed up here (they were in a different state) where it is going to get fixed. Then he will relocated to Alabama to live nearer to his family.

DD31 is waiting for a bed in an inpatient detox ctr for heroin & other opiates Both of them are staying in my house with DS28 & my DIL (who live with me). It is very stressful. Ex & I are getting along fine, pretty hard for him to be a jerk to me when I moved him, her, his car & their belongings for them ($$)

It's been an interesting 10 days so far. We think we've searched her belongings enough times to have found all of her apparatus, so the past couple of days she's been detoxing here. NOT NICE.

I'm doing ok, considering all of this. But I do have to figure out what happens after she gets out of the rehab program, because I don't want her living here.

Prayers appreciated. Thank you!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 05-04-2015, 02:13 PM   #3129
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hugs and Prayers Darlene!
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #3130
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Yikes Darlene- Prayers for you and the entire family- remember God brings you to it, he'll bring you through it!

Hugs
Shelly
Old 05-04-2015, 09:20 PM   #3131
Mad Swapper

Oh Darlene - no wonder you have been MIA - will be praying for you all.
{{{{{hugs}}}} and blessings from down under
Old 05-05-2015, 07:15 AM   #3132
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I hope you have a Terrific Tuesday!!!!!!

Old 05-05-2015, 06:16 PM   #3133
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Weekends always fly by way too fast!

Hello to all : ) I had my ATC swap this weekend, and I had such a hectic week I did not get them done, so stayed up half the night Friday and finished them after a trip to the car dealership. Our theme was Deli Paper- always some really cool ideas!

We ended up buying a Honda CRV- I like the feel of the seat- just like the van and on long trips- my aching back can take the van......

I spent the afternoon taking pictures of the final pile of patterns and embroidery machine cassettes in my friends stash, then uploaded them on a Destash Facebook page. I am just shy of $400 total, so $200 to each charity. Everything is gone but the magazines and the stuff I listed today- hubby was shocked we got it all out of here so quickly.......

The burn is hardly visible- yes Lynn, they gave me Silvadene, and it works wonders- cept- I am allergic to Sulfa, so I did not use it as much as they told me too, as it makes me all itchy..... and I put it on sparsely when I did apply it.

I went through a few more crafting supplies- I have some extra TJ CD's......does anyone do Mini Album projects? or Scrapbooking? Or Emboss or dies (don't we all) that would want a CD?

The ladies in the ATC group are going to a retreat in Lake Geneva (Wisconsin) in 2 weeks, and they have a table of 'stuff' kind of an exchange, so I will be setting a box of stuff aside to send- just too much stuff in my crafting room! (aka Cabana : ) )

Katie got her ticket home- June 15th Yeah! Yippie Skippy!

Hope you had a productive day Maggie! We are almost there- the last frost is generally Mothers Day- that is when we can plant outside and put away the winter clothes.... Awesome pics of your trip on FB!

Maxine- Yikes on your hand and cellulitis. So sorry! Hope the IV antibiotics and all kick in really quickly!

Lynn- fun to see you back and you are sounding like your old self again (not old as in elderly, old as in just like you used to be....hehehe). You must have all of your gardening and tilling done for the day!

Waving hi to everyone- I have to get to bed! I have alot I want to accomplish tomorrow : )

Shelly
Wow! Lots of busyness in your life Shelly.

Glad you got your swap done, but sorry you had to stay up late to get them finished. I think I would have just said they'll be a day late! Congrats on the new Honda! That's fabulous. I heard on the news that they are doing a recall on some of the Fords including the 2014 and 2015 Fiesta which is my car, but I haven't gotten a notice in the mail about it yet, so I'm not doing anything about it yet.

Sorry about the allergy to the cream for your hand, but glad you can use a little bit of it anyway. I have several skin allergies. Since one of them is glycerin, I have a hard time finding something that will help the demititis that doesn't have glycerin in it.

Oh, i know you are so excited to have Katie come home. How long will she be home? Will she be there fore the whole Summer? What does she do in the Fall?

Things have been moving along here, but not as quickly as I'd like. I've gotten a lot done inside, nothing outside except buying plants. I wanted to work outside after work this week, but my hip bursitis is not allowing that to happen. I've started walking again at lunch time and I don't know if that is aggravating it or not, but I could barely finish my walk today it pained me so much. I made an appointment with my orthopedist on Thursday morning and I went to see my chiro tonight after work. He was disappointed that his work on my spine was not helping my hip as he hoped it would. I see him again Thursday after work and he said that he'd call me on Thursday to see how it went with the ortho.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #3134
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Everyone! We had a great weekend--did the cancer walk Saturday morning, went to a birthday party that night, worked outside and in the gardens yesterday--raking and more cleaning in the flower gardens, cutting the grass, trimmed the rose bushes and other fun things like that! The weather was great the past two days, but it is supposed to be cooler and rainy this week. That is good as it we really need rain!

I hope you have a good start to the new week--enjoy the day!
Barb, you do keep very busy and always seem to get a lot done. Wish you lived down here closer to me, I'd hire you to do my gardens!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:20 PM   #3135
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Shelly, you should have been running that tiller on Saturday instead of me! It would have done wonders for your neck issue! LOL! Everything on my body is still in pain from it. Great news about the new wheels! Those are great autos too!!! You're going to really enjoy it. And now, Stephi is graduating! Kudos to her - that's wonderful!

Happy Monday to everyone! I know Monday isn't suppose to be a happy day like Friday, but it's still a great day to be happy!
I wish I were strong enough to use a tiller! I'd really get some stuff going here in my flower beds. Maybe I should hire you. You're not that far from me.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:27 PM   #3136
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello my neglected friends! I sure miss your chatter.

so many important issues on the homefront the last couple of months. I barely keep up with my job and all of the other "stuff". I want a little boredom.

DD & ex hubby needed to be rescued from their living arrangement - fast. It had become dangerous - drug usage, out of control people, etc. So, I managed to get his car towed up here (they were in a different state) where it is going to get fixed. Then he will relocated to Alabama to live nearer to his family.

DD31 is waiting for a bed in an inpatient detox ctr for heroin & other opiates Both of them are staying in my house with DS28 & my DIL (who live with me). It is very stressful. Ex & I are getting along fine, pretty hard for him to be a jerk to me when I moved him, her, his car & their belongings for them ($$)

It's been an interesting 10 days so far. We think we've searched her belongings enough times to have found all of her apparatus, so the past couple of days she's been detoxing here. NOT NICE.

I'm doing ok, considering all of this. But I do have to figure out what happens after she gets out of the rehab program, because I don't want her living here.

Prayers appreciated. Thank you!
Hi Darlene. You sure do have a lot on your plate right now! So sorry to hear about your DD and Ex-DH getting all into the addictive stuff. So was it just her that was into the drugs and he wasn't doing anything about it? I"m glad that you were there for them and able to do something to get her at least detoxed. I hope you can find some good, suitable living arrangements for her where she won't just go back to her old ways. Is there some counselors or someone at a a facility that you can talk to and get her in a program or a group home where she can work and be around the right kind of people.

Of course adding you guys to my prayer list that He will help you know what to do.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:29 AM   #3137
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Wednesday and welcome to Hump Day! I had a few errands to run yesterday and today I get to play in my stamp room. Have a Great Day!
Old 05-06-2015, 06:28 AM   #3138
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning and happy post Cinco-de-wino, as I call it! LOL! We had a fun evening here with the kids and their friends - ended up with a table of 11 - having all sorts of fun Mexican foods and thrills ... ending up in a costume contest (you don't even want to SEE MINE! OH. My. Word. - I looked like Schmidty from 22 Jump Street - LOL!!!!!!) and then some karaoke - after one song, I was done!! It was hilarious and fun and a great stress reliever!

SO MUCH GOING ON IN HERE!!

Congrats on your new car Shell and the baby girl coming home! I know both will bring you smiles!

Darlene, prayers dear friend -- that has to be so very hard but please watch out for yourself in the process. It's hard being the one to have to be strong and tough in a situation such as yours. Hugs and prayers!

Lynn - yes, dd #2 is graduating this year - can't hard believe it. Just shy of 25 days left of school!

It's been crazy here -- appts every day with two different daughters, and myself, then rushing across town to the labs. Monday got a call from the school nurse and nearly had a heart attack - my son was on the monkey bars and apparently fell, landed smack flat on his back. He thought he was paralyzed! He ended up getting the wind knocked out of him and we rushed him to the peds - who sent us to the ER - and he's just bruised and banged up and couldn't walk upright for 2 days. Poor baby He's better now but what a scare.

I have to visit blogs and craft ~ I'm soooooo far behind. Just zero time. I promise to visit soon!
DT:  The Project Bin
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:17 AM   #3139
Quacker Stamper

That would have been very scary Kelly. So glad you DS is okay and only bruised some. Have him soak in a hot bath with Epsom Salts. That takes the soreness out and will relax his muscles.

Decided to take the day off today. I was so tired last night. Don't know why, but I went to bed early and slept pretty good. Only woke up twice but went right back to sleep. This morning I just couldn't get myself up and out the door to work. Still tired. Got up and fed the kitties inside their treat and then went back to bed for 2 more hours. Still feeling tired, but I'm up. The hip is feeling a little bit better this morning, but still going to the orthopedist in the morning.

I've got an insurance guy coming over this afternoon. Want to change my life insurance.

It's very muggy out. I was thinking that I might cut back my roses and maybe clean out the front bed a little bit. There are some lantana that are growing out there that I don't want and that I had pulled out last year, but I guess there were still some seeds or little plants left. That stuff will take over your whole flower bed if you're not careful and cut it back.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:58 PM   #3140
Pearl-ExPert

Darlene, sounds like you have more than a plate full right now. So sorry to hear all this but you know I'm thinking about you! Hang in there as best you can. Super big hugs!!

Shelly, is Katie coming home for good?

Maggie, this old gal is NOT for hire on tilling! Mercy me!!! That's hard work. It really did feel like it was beating me to death. Now I know what guys feel like when they use a jackhammer! LOL!

Kelly, yikes on your son falling like that! Glad he's ok but know that was a really big scare for everyone.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:21 PM   #3141
Mad Swapper

Hi girls

DH and I are just back from eye clinic - R eye was not treated - we have come to the conclusion that is it past help BUT the L eye is improving so that was good to hear as it went downhill big time over Christmas/New year - another visit in 6-7 weeks. So glad we went up a bit earlieer than the appointment, as we got away in good time, and got home just as it started to rain, and it was fair bucketing down!!

Lynn I won't even mention that torture machine - just you stay away from it you hear!!

Maggie I hope you are feeling better now

Darlene be assured I am praying for you

Kelly, I too am looking forward to your holidays so we can see you here , not just your dust as you streak through....

Barb I hope you have enjoyed your inky time - wich I sould get back to the studio, but life is so busy here at the moment I am lucky if I can get a couple of hours on Sunday afternoon!!

Praying Jeanette is doing well on her trip

Kristie - trust all is well with you and you are happy and healthy, and you too Kel.

Waving from a rather damp "down under"
Old 05-07-2015, 03:32 AM   #3142
Gabfest Goddess

Morning! Quickly checking in here before getting ready for work.

Thanks so much for all of the prayers and support - it means so much!

DD got a bed in a detox ctr, we drove her down to it on Tues AM. Won't go into all the reasons, but by 4 pm we all thought she'd left & was out on the street. But around 5 pm Weds she called me from there. It felt like 1000 pounds were removed from my back. So glad that she stayed. This is a 6 day program, if she's successful she is eligible for an in-patient 28 day program, which she needs. Fingers crossed.

Kelly: that must have been very scary for you and DS! Hopefully he continues to improve.

Shelly: how long is DD home for? I am happy for you!

Maxine: Sorry to learn that DH's R eye is so bad, that's a real blow. Hopefully his left continues to improve.

Maggie: Good luck at the ortho and Chiro app'ts today. Hoping you get some good news at the first one!

Lynn: Roto Tilling? Really?? Yikes! I'd be down for the count if I tried that-course I live on a granite ledge...

Waving to everyone! Off to get ready for work now.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 05-07-2015, 05:37 AM   #3143
SCS RAK Coordinator

It looks like lots going on in all of your lives--sending positive thoughts to all of you!
Old 05-07-2015, 08:56 AM   #3144
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wait! What? Maxine says I'm streaking! Noooooooo! Ya'll done want to see that, I assure you - ROFL!

I'm sorry to hear about dh's eye - and will pray for continued healing and a miracle for the right! How is Jordan doing? I pray for him often.

Darlene - that's wonderful news. Glad to hear you were all strong and she's just where she needs to be. Hopeful for the 6 days, followed by 28 more!

Waving to all! Looks like busy-ness for all of us -- love how life is like that, then moments of utter quite and peace (my summer!) Looking forward to moments of bliss and solitude ♥

Little man is doing better - soreness gone and he's back to his happy self. Glad he didn't break anything like Maxine's little Lydia - yikes, we don't have time for any more injuries!

Off to the bank, Michaels (didnt' know I was out of cupcake wrappers!), dr to pick up a script for dd, pharmacy, pick ups, drop offs and what not!

Hugs!
Old 05-07-2015, 05:44 PM   #3145
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Darlene, sounds like you have more than a plate full right now. So sorry to hear all this but you know I'm thinking about you! Hang in there as best you can. Super big hugs!!

Shelly, is Katie coming home for good?

Maggie, this old gal is NOT for hire on tilling! Mercy me!!! That's hard work. It really did feel like it was beating me to death. Now I know what guys feel like when they use a jackhammer! LOL!

Kelly, yikes on your son falling like that! Glad he's ok but know that was a really big scare for everyone.
LOL! I can just picture you with that tiller! I managed to get some yard work done yesterday. Hope to get some more done soon, but it's going to be a busy weekend.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #3146
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi girls

DH and I are just back from eye clinic - R eye was not treated - we have come to the conclusion that is it past help BUT the L eye is improving so that was good to hear as it went downhill big time over Christmas/New year - another visit in 6-7 weeks. So glad we went up a bit earlieer than the appointment, as we got away in good time, and got home just as it started to rain, and it was fair bucketing down!!

Lynn I won't even mention that torture machine - just you stay away from it you hear!!

Maggie I hope you are feeling better now

Darlene be assured I am praying for you

Kelly, I too am looking forward to your holidays so we can see you here , not just your dust as you streak through....

Barb I hope you have enjoyed your inky time - wich I sould get back to the studio, but life is so busy here at the moment I am lucky if I can get a couple of hours on Sunday afternoon!!

Praying Jeanette is doing well on her trip

Kristie - trust all is well with you and you are happy and healthy, and you too Kel.

Waving from a rather damp "down under"
So sorry about DH's eye that it's not getting any better. I'm glad that the left one is still doing okay. What a trial that has got to be for you guys.

My hip is doing better. I went to the Orthopedist today and got a shot for the bursitis. The PA told me that chiropractic would not do anything for the bursitis since it's soft tissue, but the chiro thinks that keeping the spine aligned will help. Dr. said to do some stretching and that will help, so I hope to get back to my yoga and I'll need to slow down with walking - 20 minutes instead of 30 and start slow.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:54 PM   #3147
Quacker Stamper

What a day today! Turns out the boss's arbitration got done a week early so he was back in the office today. I spent most of the day trying to clean up an engagement letter that my other boss prepared the other day. Oh, what a mess! Well, we made up for it with cupcakes. After my main boss got back from his run and lunch, he brought cake, a cupcake, and some cake pops. I was lucky and got the cupcake Yummy! Later there was a cupcake truck that came to our building. I didn't go get one, but a few of the girls did. Two of them didn't like theirs and one of them gave me hers. I tasted both of them and they were both good, so I don't know why they didn't like them.

Last night I worked some in my storage room. Got all my food storage organized, so now I need to work on the craft stuff that's in there. My workshop out in the garage is looking pretty good, so I'm making progress.

Some time this weekend I have to drive twice out to that place where I had the accident with my car. Their insurance company rejected our demand, so now I have to file a lawsuit. My boss thinks I have a pretty good case, but I need photos to show what it looked like both in the daylight and at night. I'm thinking that I'll drive out there tomorrow night. I think that it's going to be cloudy so that will be the way it was on the night I was out there and then Saturday morning I can drive out again.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:53 AM   #3148
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Maggie, I had to smile at all the cupcake talk - sounds like you were gifted some yumminess! I must have missed the post about your car and what happened to it -- a lawsuit, oh my! At least you are in the right field to get great guidance of what to do and how to do it Wishing you luck!

I'm off to help in the classroom today decorate Mother's Day cakes ~ that should be a wild day, considering they are mostly boys! I foresee a major frosting fight!

DD's Prom is next Friday and I've still got to go pick up her shoes that finally came in and pray that the dress does not need to be altered - no time for that! And since the bottom is all tulle, there is no way to do a simple hem anyway. The bodice is that lace/boning which means the dress would have to be pulled apart at the middle, not the bottom and that's a whole lot of work! Those shoes simply MUST be tall enough

Have a great day, ladies!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:09 AM   #3149
SCS RAK Coordinator

Yes, I am outta here today! I am headed outside to cut the grass this morning, I have hostess club this afternoon and then we are heading to central Wisconsin for a work weekend at roomie's sister's house. We had an auction at it last fall and there is lots of "stuff" still laying around that needs to be tossed before we put it on the market again the end of this month. Also--there are a few projects that need to be done in the house and two of the out buildings.

See you all Sunday Night--have a Blessed Mother's Day!
Old 05-08-2015, 12:40 PM   #3150
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Oh Maggie, I had to smile at all the cupcake talk - sounds like you were gifted some yumminess! I must have missed the post about your car and what happened to it -- a lawsuit, oh my! At least you are in the right field to get great guidance of what to do and how to do it Wishing you luck!

I'm off to help in the classroom today decorate Mother's Day cakes ~ that should be a wild day, considering they are mostly boys! I foresee a major frosting fight!

DD's Prom is next Friday and I've still got to go pick up her shoes that finally came in and pray that the dress does not need to be altered - no time for that! And since the bottom is all tulle, there is no way to do a simple hem anyway. The bodice is that lace/boning which means the dress would have to be pulled apart at the middle, not the bottom and that's a whole lot of work! Those shoes simply MUST be tall enough

Have a great day, ladies!
Not sure if I posted on this thread about my car. Back in February I went to a wedding for the DD of a girl here at the office that I was kind of friends with. I really didn't want to go because the weather wasn't great - it had been rainy during the day and it was cloudy. I don't like to drive at night and even more so when there is bad weather. Anyway, I went and the place where it was had no street lights or any kind of signs or lights at the driveway into their complex so I couldn't see well to turn into the place and ended up missing part of the driveway and went into the ditch on the side of the driveway (which was only big enough for one car to go on it). Anyway, we (my bosses and I) decided to write them a demand letter to get them to pay for the damage to my car, any residual damage to the car, and my rental. Their insurance co. denied the claim, so now we're considering filing in small claims court.

Hope you had fun at the school party today.

Yikes! I hope dd's dress and shoes fit okay.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:46 PM   #3151
Insane Embellisher

Hi everyone. I am so glad it's Friday.

I was still having issues on and off with my ankle until a few days ago. I also haven't been sleeping well and work has been busy so I've not been up to doing much at all. Feeling a bit more like myself today, thank goodness since the weekend is here and my Mom is off all weekend! She hasn't had a weekend off since January and just one Saturday or Sunday off each month since then. Tomorrow we are going shopping and then Sunday, I am taking her out for breakfast, my sister will go see her and then one of my stepsisters is coming down for a bbq. It will finally be warm enough for one, although it might be a bit humid but since I am stuck in an office all week, I am looking forward to being outside!!

I need to get Mother's Day cards done for my Mom and MIL. Was going to make my sisters cards but I will be lucky to get the main ones done at this rate. I did get the stamps/papers picked out and will start tomorrow morning when it's nice and sunny in my room Mom works until 10:00 tonight so we won't be going anywhere too early.

I will get caught up on blogs next week, promise. I miss seeing everyone's creations and miss making mine too!
Old 05-10-2015, 08:15 PM   #3152
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Late check in -- been a busy day here! But I'm hoping you all had a most wonderful day, mommies and grandmommies!

Old 05-11-2015, 05:58 AM   #3153
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm so excited, I get to be inky today! I'm heading into what's left of my Cabana - hee hee! Barring all emergencies, I have the morning free now that Bible Study ended for the summer to get inky - woohoo!

Maggie, I'm sorry to hear about your car - wow! That sounds like they really neglected the safety of those driving there. I do hope that you are able to get a resolution for your car and have their insurance take care of it. But mostly, that you are okay

HI Kristie - glad you are able to spend time with mom and she had a day off!

We had a fun Mother's Day - hoping from church to rushing home and getting an array of desserts done. We had to see my mom, dd went to see his mom and then we had a huge bash over here with the kids and a ton of food! We had music, wine, games, talking, WINE ........ WE didn't make it to bed until nearly 1 am after goodbyes, clean up, etc and the kids could not get up for school this am.

We need summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥
Old 05-11-2015, 06:20 AM   #3154
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I'm home!

I had an amazing trip!!! But now I am so far behind – at home, here on SCS, etc.… so I’m not going to attempt to read and catch up. Instead I’m going to just jump in right here and move forward. So, if I missed anything important, please let me know. Thanks!

I had adware on my computer and had lost a key and another couple of keys were loose, so I asked my DH to take my comptuer to the repair shop while I was on my trip. A day later - the quote to repair was too high for a 6 year old computer, so my DH bought me a new one. I spent way too many hours yesterday trying to figure out how to use it and remember the passwords I needed in order to get into sites, etc. My learning curve is being stretched. LOL!

I think I'll like this new computer - once I get it all set up and figure out all the things I need to know to use it.

Hugs for all!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 05-11-2015, 06:24 AM   #3155
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning and Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend and a wonderful Mother's Day!

We had a good working weekend up north and I left like I collapsed in my own bed last night................... Our hot tub sure felt good last night too!

Have a Marvelous Monday and a great start to a new week!
Old 05-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #3156
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi everyone. I am so glad it's Friday.

I was still having issues on and off with my ankle until a few days ago. I also haven't been sleeping well and work has been busy so I've not been up to doing much at all. Feeling a bit more like myself today, thank goodness since the weekend is here and my Mom is off all weekend! She hasn't had a weekend off since January and just one Saturday or Sunday off each month since then. Tomorrow we are going shopping and then Sunday, I am taking her out for breakfast, my sister will go see her and then one of my stepsisters is coming down for a bbq. It will finally be warm enough for one, although it might be a bit humid but since I am stuck in an office all week, I am looking forward to being outside!!

I need to get Mother's Day cards done for my Mom and MIL. Was going to make my sisters cards but I will be lucky to get the main ones done at this rate. I did get the stamps/papers picked out and will start tomorrow morning when it's nice and sunny in my room Mom works until 10:00 tonight so we won't be going anywhere too early.

I will get caught up on blogs next week, promise. I miss seeing everyone's creations and miss making mine too!
Sorry about your ankle still bothering you, but glad that it is doing better. Hope you enjoyed your weekend and time with your mom. Sounds like mom is on work overload. What kind of work does she do?

I did get over to the cemetery on Sunday to take flowers to my mom's gravesite. I've been trying to get there since her birthday in February, but the weather has been so bad.

I did get around to visit everyone's blogs over the weekend also, but I really need to do some work on mine. It's a mess.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:07 AM   #3157
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I'm home!

I had an amazing trip!!! But now I am so far behind at home, here on SCS, etc. so Im not going to attempt to read and catch up. Instead Im going to just jump in right here and move forward. So, if I missed anything important, please let me know. Thanks!

I had adware on my computer and had lost a key and another couple of keys were loose, so I asked my DH to take my comptuer to the repair shop while I was on my trip. A day later - the quote to repair was too high for a 6 year old computer, so my DH bought me a new one. I spent way too many hours yesterday trying to figure out how to use it and remember the passwords I needed in order to get into sites, etc. My learning curve is being stretched. LOL!

I think I'll like this new computer - once I get it all set up and figure out all the things I need to know to use it.

Hugs for all!
Welcome home Jeanette! I so enjoyed seeing some of your photos on FB from the trip.

Wow! New computer. I guess it has Windows 8 on it. I will not be happy if I have to get a new one and have Windows 8 on it. I hate it. A couple friends have it on theirs and I just can't seem to follow those icons as to where things are. Maybe because I don't have a smart phone and not used to using all those different apps.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:12 AM   #3158
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

I'm so excited, I get to be inky today! I'm heading into what's left of my Cabana - hee hee! Barring all emergencies, I have the morning free now that Bible Study ended for the summer to get inky - woohoo!

Maggie, I'm sorry to hear about your car - wow! That sounds like they really neglected the safety of those driving there. I do hope that you are able to get a resolution for your car and have their insurance take care of it. But mostly, that you are okay

HI Kristie - glad you are able to spend time with mom and she had a day off!

We had a fun Mother's Day - hoping from church to rushing home and getting an array of desserts done. We had to see my mom, dd went to see his mom and then we had a huge bash over here with the kids and a ton of food! We had music, wine, games, talking, WINE ........ WE didn't make it to bed until nearly 1 am after goodbyes, clean up, etc and the kids could not get up for school this am.

We need summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥
WOO HOO for getting Inky! Hope your creative juices are flowing and you get lots done.

It will be interesting to go back out to that place and see if they've made any improvements to the driveway area.

Yikes! Were the kids late for school. Sounds like a fun time.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:14 AM   #3159
Quacker Stamper

Hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day. I had a busy weekend.

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day.

Saturday morning I was up early to take a bunch of sytrofoam to the Environmental Dump and then went to the grocery store. By the time I got back and put groceries away it was about time to get ready to go out. DD and family were picking me up at 1 for us to go see The Music Man on stage and then we went out to dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. My DD was a little disappointed that they didn't have more entree type things on their menu, but as I told my other DD last night Hard Rock is a burger place. Anyway, she said next time we're going somewhere else. The show was fabulous! We all enjoyed it. I was so surprised that my DD had never seen it before - in the movies, and found out last night that my other DD has never see it either. When they came to pick me up, DD brought me a HUGE cupcake from a place called Ooh-La-La!

My DD in CA had already sent me flowers to the office. They got there on Wednesday when I was out, but one of the girls put them in water for me and then I arranged them on Thursday when I got in. They were from Pro Flowers and had pink and yellow tulips, purple irises, and some yellow lilies. Very pretty and not too overpowering. Sometimes lilies are too much for me. I posted photos on FB. When I got home from work on Friday, I went outside to get the mail, and while I was out there, the UPS man came and delivered me a box of Godiva Truffles!!!!!!!!!! Also from Lisa. Wow! There were 24 in one box and then a box of 6 that were Dark Chocolate. I think I went into sugar overload!

Yesterday was more low key. Had church and then I went to my DGD's final choir concert of this semester. They did great. I also had time to work over the weekend in my spare time on my 2 DT cards. I have them done except for adding a sentiment and some embellishments to them. I'll do that tonight and be done with both of them. Then I want to work some more on my storage room and sorting out that craft stuff.

It's going to be a busy week. I have my chiro Monday and Wednesday, Tuesday is Book Club, and Thursday is a women's church activity, so not much time to do anything until Friday.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:29 PM   #3160
Pearl-ExPert

Glad y'all had a good Mother's Day! We went to Jim's oldest sons house and that was nice (plus I didn't have to cook!) LOL!

Welcome home Jeanette. Know you had a wonderful time. That's funny about the computer...mine is 6 years old (or maybe older) and I know I need a new one but am scared half to death of Windows 8 and not being able to figure it out! In fact, I was looking at videos this afternoon on how to use it - and don't even have it yet!