Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-16-2015, 08:10 AM   #3041
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

And yes, we're not only over the hump of the week, we're also over the hump (finished) with Tax season. YAY! (We have a man in our church who owns his own accounting business here in town. During tax season, he goes to work at 6:30 AM and doesn't usually get home until close to 10:00 PM. His wife will be celebrating when this day is over. Truthfully, they always take a mini vacation in early May... head to the beach.)

Kelly, I hope the kids enjoyed the competition, even if they didn't win.

Maggie, what a relief for her, now that she's decided where she'll go to school!

I had a GREAT day yesterday! Shopped and shopped! And ate at Chipotle (not the same one that Hillary Clinton supposedly went to, though). I found most things on my list. Didn't find any shoes/sandals to take on my trip, though. Nor did I find a paper trimmer with a self-sharpening blade. I guess I'll have to search online for that one. And I may just have to go barefoot. LOL!

Hugs for all!!!
Glad that you had a good time shopping. What kind of shoes/sandals are you looiking for?

Who makes the paper trimmer with the self sharpening blade. I have various cutters and I'm not sure I reallly love any of them.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-16-2015, 08:12 AM   #3042
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Quick pop in before breakfast - Jeanette, the Dahle 507 or 508 personal trimmers are the way to go- they are self sharpening - I have had mine over 10 years and love it, and am currently lost without it as I broke the pressure ruler the other day - my fault entirely .

Cold here - had our first frost yesterday and it was no gentle hint of winter - it was -1.3oC, and there was ice on the bird bath until late morning . At least it was a sunny day
Yikes! That is pretty cold Maxine. We haven't gotten to the equivalent of heat here yet, it's still been not more than 80* Of course we've had a lot of rainy days to keep the temps down.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:15 AM   #3043
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Glad that you had a good time shopping. What kind of shoes/sandals are you looiking for?

Who makes the paper trimmer with the self sharpening blade. I have various cutters and I'm not sure I reallly love any of them.
Quoting myself: I have a Dahle 507. I like it and use it all the time, but I wish it had an arm extension on it so I could cut larger sheets of paper. If I need to cut something 12 x 12, then I have to use one of my other trimmers that are not as good.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:16 AM   #3044
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning--today is a getting inky day for me! Tomorrow I am heading to the Scrapbook Expo--I am sure lots of new toys will jump in my bag to come home with me! I am also taking a class. Should be a fun day!

I hope it is a great day for you too!
Have fun at the Scrapbook Expo.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:16 AM   #3045
Quacker Stamper

Tire has been doing okay, no low pressure light has come on yet, BUT I had quite a scare the other night after book club. Either someone at Discount Tire or at the dealership turned OFF my lights so they were not automatically on when I started up the car. I did not know this until I got in my car and started driving and realized that my headlights were NOT on. So scary and I couldn't find a place to pull over and look for where to turn them on. I haven't messed with the lights since I got the car so I couldn't just go right to the switch. There was one section of road that was really dark and I was so afraid that I was going to run off the road into a ditch or hit a car coming at me. I was surprised that no one blinked their lights at me as a warning, but I think these days people are afraid to do things like that for fear the other person will get mad and do something. Anyway, I was so grateful when I got home safe and sound and pulled out that manual first thing and fixed those lights for automatically coming on.

I woke up late this morning too and realized that I had forgotten to post my Creative Knockout card to my blog last night so I had to quick do that this morning before coming to work. I have to finish up my other DT card and get it on the DT blog tonight and then finish up cards for a swap I'm in. I also need to make sure I don't have anything that needs to be done while I'm gone.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:17 AM   #3046
Quacker Stamper

It's nice here this morning, but I understand that the weather is supposed to get really bad this afternoon. I hope I get home before it does. I hate driving in a really bad rainstorm. The weather girl said to do all your errands that you can do this morning and don't wait until after work. Glad I filled up my car last night. I had a $.30 discount from Kroger, so I only paid $1.87 a gallon.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:29 AM   #3047
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Wait for it.........

wait for it..............

Woo Hoo! We've been waiting for this all week, haven't we?

Maggie, I totally agree with your comments about the Dahle 507 (which is the one I, too, have). It's not perfect, but it's the best trimmer I've had so far - and I've had several over the years. I absolutely LOVE the fact that I don't have to buy blades!

We'll be walking a lot while I'm in the Domincan - and the roads are rugged and dirty - so I need footwear that will handle the rugged ground and clean up okay, too. I looked and looked and didn't find anything I liked. A friend here on SCS suggested yesterday that I try Keen sandals... so I googled (my best friend!) and found some I think will work. PRICEY!!! But I ordered a pair since time is of the essence... and they provide free returns if I'm not happy with them when they get here. I sure hope they work!

Yikes! That's scary about your lights on your car. I'd have been terrified, for sure. (My car has the lights on any time the car is on - but only the headlights. One time, my DH had taken it to town and it turned dark while he was gone. He didn't realize that feature, so he thought the lights were on. OOPS! The very nice policeman told him otherwise when he pulled him over.)

oh......... and guess what??? NO meetings today!!!

So, hopefully I can get some things done here at home - work on preparations for my Dominican trip (which is just over 2 weeks off), work on my Bible Study notes so I can teach Sunday, make a few phone calls recruiting exhibit hall workers for next week's 2-day Convention, etc.

Oh, and I guess I need to do laundry, since Brock is out of bibbed overalls and had to resort to wearing shorts today (not his favorite thing to do).

Hugs for all!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 04-17-2015, 03:45 PM   #3048
Pearl-ExPert

Just popping in waving hi.........sounds like everyone is staying busy.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:51 PM   #3049
Insane Embellisher

Popping in to say hi, it's been a super busy work week and I have not gotten crafty at all. Hoping to change that this weekend. I have been doing really well with exercising, nothing too crazy just walking or doing the elliptical Monday through today. I've done slightly over 20 minutes and have over 5,000 steps for each day. For someone that sits at a desk all day, it's a huge improvement over what I did during the winter. I'm hoping to keep up and add a few more minutes each day until I can get to 30 (well with the elliptical, walking at work stays 20-25 mins so I have time to eat too!)
Old 04-17-2015, 06:55 PM   #3050
Insane Embellisher

I forgot I did have one exciting thing happen this week, our flowers started to bloom. Finally, it's about a month later than usual. We have several that just pop up each year. We've never planted anything or done anything to maintain them. We have a few small clusters of daffodils and so far one cluster of irises. I have a few pictures on my facebook page.
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:33 AM   #3051

Waving at you, Lynn! Hope you're doing okay!

Kristie, we've been missing you. So good to hear you're doing well!

I’m so excited! I'll be leaving for the Dominican 2 weeks from today but I still have so much to do to get ready. Plus I'll be gone 3 days next week... and the days I am home have lots of meetings. So time is running short.

Enjoy your weekend, ladies. My day is going to be busy.

Hugs!!!

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener likes this post.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:47 AM   #3052

Enjoy your day, Shelly!

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:32 AM   #3053
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Saturday to all of you. I am going to have a lazy weekend as I am home, but had not planned to be. I was going to head out with roomie to do some things at her sister's house in central Wisconsin. I did not go to our church Euchre group last night and really did not feel like sitting in a car for 2 1/2 hours. So--just staying in and maybe replanting some of our seedlings to move from the grow lights in the basement to the greenhouse. 2 trays were moved last weekend and there are a few more that can be transplanted this weekend.

Have a great one!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:32 AM   #3054
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy, Happy Birthday Shelly!
Old 04-18-2015, 08:10 AM   #3055
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Birthday Shelly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a great day.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #3056
Mad Swapper

Happy Birthday Shelly. So glad I am able to be on time although iti s Sunday here - the joys of the time difference, I can be late but still be on time ... .
We had a really wet 24 hours yesterday, so I spent the afternoon in the studio and finished three cards. That included one using a new technique and some of the new goodies I got from STAMPlorations on Friday.
DH had a follow up appointment at hospital on Friday - all good and they got all the cancer on his neck out with good margins.
I will write more later as it is difficult with the smart phone as I cannot see what I am typing, and even more difficult to edit.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:36 AM   #3057
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Monday and Welcome to a New Week! I did accomplish a lot yesterday. I did the first lawn mowing of the year--we are to have temps only in the 50's all week, so I thought I would get it done while it was still nice. I also transplanted all of the vegetable seedlings. We now 8 trays of tomatoes, peppers, kale, swiss chard--no.......... they are not all for us as we give many pots away to friends and family! Most of the flowers are still too small to transplant--petunias, coleus, alyssum and geraniums are still in the basement.

I plan to get inky today as it is raining out and is a perfect day to spend in my happy place!
Old 04-20-2015, 06:17 AM   #3058
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm late, but the wishes are just as sweet! Happy Birthday Shelly!!

My husband's birthday was yesterday - drove nearly an hour away to a specialty bakery to get "the cake" - it's European and his very, very favorite - you have to order a month in advance! Oh was he happy! It's made with Spanish style Nata - yum!

DD made it back from Grad-Bash, that senior party in the theme parks they do every year - had a good time!

And ....... I got my laptop back!!!!!! I'm super excited to see I didn't lose ANYTHING! ALl my vacation photos, work, digis, etc - all intact and accounted for! I was really sad about that - now they they are transferred to our external hard drive AND my usb port!

I'm sure I missed a lot so I'll wave and send hugs!

DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:26 PM   #3059
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Just popping in waving hi.........sounds like everyone is staying busy.
Dear Lynn! I am sooooo very sorry that I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday on your special day!

Please accept this belated greeting and a card will be in the mail to you very soon!

Old 04-20-2015, 12:28 PM   #3060
Quacker Stamper

Dear Shelly! I am sooooo very sorry that I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday on your special day!

Please accept this belated greeting and a card will be in the mail to you very soon!

Dang, I really have been trying harder to remember and get cards out on time.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:31 PM   #3061
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Popping in to say hi, it's been a super busy work week and I have not gotten crafty at all. Hoping to change that this weekend. I have been doing really well with exercising, nothing too crazy just walking or doing the elliptical Monday through today. I've done slightly over 20 minutes and have over 5,000 steps for each day. For someone that sits at a desk all day, it's a huge improvement over what I did during the winter. I'm hoping to keep up and add a few more minutes each day until I can get to 30 (well with the elliptical, walking at work stays 20-25 mins so I have time to eat too!)
Good for you with keeping up with your exercises. I do try to get up often and work and walk around. I bought a Walkadoo about 6 weeks ago. It's a wireless pedometer that you wear that counts your steps and it's connected to my computer, so when I get close to my computer, it downloads the number of steps I've taken up to that point. Every day they send me an e-mail as to how many steps I'm supposed to walk that day. It varies. I don't walk as much on the weekends since I'm not here at the office. I haven't tried working out wearing it to see what that does, but when I get back from this trip I intend to really get back into the swing of things.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:32 PM   #3062
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
I forgot I did have one exciting thing happen this week, our flowers started to bloom. Finally, it's about a month later than usual. We have several that just pop up each year. We've never planted anything or done anything to maintain them. We have a few small clusters of daffodils and so far one cluster of irises. I have a few pictures on my facebook page.
Oh, I love irises and daffodils. Would love to be able to grow them down here, but they don't winter over - although probably could have this last winter since it was so cold.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:33 PM   #3063
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Waving at you, Lynn! Hope you're doing okay!

Kristie, we've been missing you. So good to hear you're doing well!

Im so excited! I'll be leaving for the Dominican 2 weeks from today but I still have so much to do to get ready. Plus I'll be gone 3 days next week... and the days I am home have lots of meetings. So time is running short.

Enjoy your weekend, ladies. My day is going to be busy.

Hugs!!!
Cute picture!

You are really one busy lady. You rival Kelly at keeping yourself going, going, GONE! I hope you enjoy your DR trip as much as you loved going to Thailand.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:36 PM   #3064
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning--Happy Monday and Welcome to a New Week! I did accomplish a lot yesterday. I did the first lawn mowing of the year--we are to have temps only in the 50's all week, so I thought I would get it done while it was still nice. I also transplanted all of the vegetable seedlings. We now 8 trays of tomatoes, peppers, kale, swiss chard--no.......... they are not all for us as we give many pots away to friends and family! Most of the flowers are still too small to transplant--petunias, coleus, alyssum and geraniums are still in the basement.

I plan to get inky today as it is raining out and is a perfect day to spend in my happy place!
Sounds like you are going to have lovely gardens and that is so sweet of you to give some of them away.

I'd love to be home in my happy place. I have to keep telling myself that my time will come soon enough!
Old 04-20-2015, 01:16 PM   #3065
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
I'm late, but the wishes are just as sweet! Happy Birthday Shelly!!

My husband's birthday was yesterday - drove nearly an hour away to a specialty bakery to get "the cake" - it's European and his very, very favorite - you have to order a month in advance! Oh was he happy! It's made with Spanish style Nata - yum!

DD made it back from Grad-Bash, that senior party in the theme parks they do every year - had a good time!

And ....... I got my laptop back!!!!!! I'm super excited to see I didn't lose ANYTHING! ALl my vacation photos, work, digis, etc - all intact and accounted for! I was really sad about that - now they they are transferred to our external hard drive AND my usb port!

I'm sure I missed a lot so I'll wave and send hugs!

You are such a dear sweet thing to go all that way to get DH his favorite cake. Have never heard of it. Glad that he had a happy birthday.

Glad to hear that DD had a fun time at the party. Great to have that place right there for everyone to enjoy.

Yeah for getting your laptop back and didn't lose anything. I really need to think about transferring more photos and digis to my external drive to keep them safe - at least to copy the digis over there. I would cry a million tears if I ever lost those because so many are irreplaceable.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:21 PM   #3066
Quacker Stamper

I had a pretty busy weekend. Started early on Saturday about 6:30. Fed kitties inside and out and had breakfast. Got to the grocery store early after making a stop at PetsMart to stock up on canned cat food while I'm away. I decided to make Vegetarian Chili for dinner with cornbread, salad and fruit. It turned out pretty good and everyone seemed to like it. I also bought some individual Ben & Jerry's for them to eat and not me so I wouldn't have any leftovers. DD was supposed to take a bunch of the cornbread home with some of the chili, but she forgot her package. I ate on hers over the weekend and brought the rest into the office.

After dinner we watched Charlotte's Web - the real people one, not the animated version. Cute and touching. We all enjoyed it. One of the DVD's that I own and have never watched, so I can cross that one off my list.

I was so happy to see sunshine yesterday. It stayed around all day until evening and then we got another storm coming through. Today is sort of sunny and cloudy and supposed to be like this tomorrow too and then rain comes back sometime on Wednesday and Thursday. I just hope it's not raining in the morning when I have to be flying out of here. I looked at the forecast for SLC and they are supposed to be having rain there too, so not happy about that. I hope that we start to have better weather when I get back home. I really do want to get out and start walking again.

Yesterday I worked on a swap that I want to have finished so I can mail out on Wednesday. Did some before church and then after church. It's all finished except for putting all the pieces together. It's not exactly how I planned it, but I think it will be fine.

I wanted to make cards for my DGD and her DH for their graduations and for my other DGD for her birthday, but I don't think that's going to happen. I still need to figure out what I'm taking and how much to take. My DD says that she's wearing a dress or skirt/blouse both Thursday night and Friday night and then I'll need daytime clothes too. I was hoping to only have to take my take on bag, but I'm thinking I may need my big one. Ugh!
Old 04-20-2015, 10:03 PM   #3067
Mad Swapper

Hmmm - thought I may have lost my signature, then realised that my last post was from my smart phone - that could explain it!!

I never did get back the other day too many cards to make Well, that's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

I had a great time in the studio during the weekend and accomplished a lot. Now the rain has gone away again and the weather is fine, I have spent some time in the garden - not doing a lot, but making sure the weeds are minimised before the winter really starts.

I got some happy mail from STAMPlorations late last week and have had a ball using some of it - they are a great firm to deal with, the goodies get here quickly (for us) and this month they are having no postal charges on [international] orders that made me really happy!

Hope you and Jim are behaving there Lynn

Kelly you sure spoil your man!!

Maggie it does sound as though you have a lot of fun with your family, albeit the cooking is challenging!

Kristie its good to hear that you are doing well with your commitment to exercise

Kel are you still hanging in there - hope you are feeling better soon.

Barb you sure do make a lot of cards - what do you do with them all??

Jeanette I agree that you rival Kelly with your busy-ness - I do hope all goes well with your trip to the Bahamas.

Darlene - trust you and yours are all o.k. - we have not heard from you for a while

Waving from down under to you all
Old 04-21-2015, 07:41 AM   #3068
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I looked out of my window a few minutes ago and it was snowing lightly! What???????????????? It was in the 70's last week! It has stopped, but since it is only in the high 30's right now, I guess it is par for the course. I bet those new seedlings in the greenhouse are wondering what is happening!

I stopped at my brother and SIL's house yesterday for supper before I had a meeting--they got back from 3 months in Arizona last week, so it was good to see both of them. My brother celebrated his 80th birthday the end of last month--he sure does not seem that old!

I am going to finish swapping out the variety swap cards this morning and I hope to get to the post office this afternoon.

Have a nice day!
Old 04-21-2015, 07:44 AM   #3069
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maxine--I donate a lot of my extra cards to my local Ronald McDonald House for the kids and their families to send.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:45 AM   #3070
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

LOL Maxine - your rain didn't go away, we have it! IT's POURING here! I was lucky to get home -- it's a torrential down pour out there!

Barb, I cannot believe you have snow - that's crazy!

YAY on stamps and happy mail, Maxine - can't wait to see what you make with them!
I am so far behind in getting inky and using stamps I've won/given - one day, I say!

Maggie, I'm with you on the birthday cards and everything cards - I actually went to Hallmark the other day! GASP! I just can't keep up! Can I just tell you how much I LOOOOOOOOVE Vegetarian chili! And cornbread! Ohhhhhhhhh now I'm going to want that all day! Especially because it's raining

dd20 and I were at her appt yesterday - all seems okay except she has to go to a specialist for testing. We just can't seem to get out of the lab, or dr! Went to the specialist that we were referred and guess what - she's too old! What! They see 19 and under. She's 20. Wish I had known that before Took her to lunch,
then zipped into Hobby Lobby - didnt' find what she wanted. Went all the way to Michaels, found exactly what she wanted! We also scooped up several boxes (size of microwaves) grab bag boxes for just $2 each! Oh my! They were filled to the brim with hundreds of dollars of items from diaries to toys to crafts and beyond - all with original prices ($1. to $3.99) and they had more boxes! Just $2 and inside each one is jam packed! What's going on there, I wonder! It was not just Easter stuff (One had craft items inside - woohoo!) She's planning on taking the toys ones to work as a 'treasure treat box' and the school where she does her volunteer hours, too

Went to my new dr this am as well - waited an hour - so I got to read 3/4 of a book
My results were pitiful but I'm not dyin' so I'm not complain'! Everything is manageable and I got a lecture on not eating right. I promised to eat better and behave as long as he stopped talking about slabs of meat!!

LIttle man has Boy Scouts this evening, gotta rush to get girls from their performance (some vocal competition) drop them off and get to Scouts. I'm thinking it's a drive through Boston Market night or something!

Hugs all around!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:03 PM   #3071
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hi ladies- been a busy week and I was able to drop in on phone and catch up, but have trouble posting from the phone....... I had the fabric garage sale and selling some of the magazines on a smocking facebook page- up to about $350 to donate : )

I had a fun Birthday- caught up with some older friends and today is Stephi's Birthday- 22!

Lynn- I missed your Birthday-sorry- Happy Belated BD! You would think since I have a list of Bdays that I could keep up- not.....

We are re-doing 2 bathrooms, and I am running around finding tile and Granite and faucets, etc.... and donating the fabric that is left, so keeping hopping.

Parents have hired a bit of help in, but will prob need to move before too long. Please keep them in prayers!

Barb- not quite 30 here, but sure is cold this week. That is alot of work on the plants- we tried doing that one year....now just head to the store.

Maxine- looking forward to seeing what you got done and cool to get free international shipping too.

Maggie- have a great trip- hope it does not rain the entire trip in LA.

Kelly- you did what? Hallmark? Oh, you are really busy! I hope you were not too anemic : ( And, hope your daughter finds another good specialist- why would they neglect to tell you that when you made the appt- didn't they ask for her birthdate?

Jeanette- yes- you are so busy lately! Hope you are enjoying each & every minute : )

Waving hello to everyone!

Shelly
Old 04-22-2015, 06:14 AM   #3072
SCS RAK Coordinator

Old 04-22-2015, 06:38 AM   #3073
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay Happy Birthday to our earth!

Shelly, glad you did so well in your sale! I didn't do quite as good in my stamp sale, but the Dog Rescue will still get a nice check We planned to go the 17th but had to reschedule when we realized dd would be stuck at Disney's Grad-Bash with no ride, etc. Now we go next month

Lynn, did I wish you a happy birthday? I'm sorry dear if I did not - I hope it was wonderful! So many Spring birthdays!

We got word that my son and his Odyssey mates will be honored in a ceremony at the Town Hall with the Mayor! WHAT! They are very proud of the local kids making it to State - as are we

This Saturday we have to head to the beach to 'clean up the bay!" with the local Baynanza - set up by ME! Why, why, why. LOL. It's for a good cause, but Lord it's like 500 degrees here and we'll be in the blazing sun for 4 hours, picking up garbage and detailing the oceans and waterways. Last year, a bird was saved from fishing line!

It also happens to be my 22nd wedding anniversary - I told the hubby, Happy Anniversary - we're going to go play in the mud and muck! LOL!

Sunday is the Boy Scouts Pine Derby - and little man doesn't even have his car whittled! It's just a solid block of wood. Yikes!

I have GOT To get into what's left of my Cabana and make some cards! It's about 50% done for dd's room, but we decided with everyone in this family going 900 mph, we need to wait until the summer. She can help move things and 'fix it up'

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:10 PM   #3074
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning Ladies--I looked out of my window a few minutes ago and it was snowing lightly! What???????????????? It was in the 70's last week! It has stopped, but since it is only in the high 30's right now, I guess it is par for the course. I bet those new seedlings in the greenhouse are wondering what is happening!

I stopped at my brother and SIL's house yesterday for supper before I had a meeting--they got back from 3 months in Arizona last week, so it was good to see both of them. My brother celebrated his 80th birthday the end of last month--he sure does not seem that old!

I am going to finish swapping out the variety swap cards this morning and I hope to get to the post office this afternoon.

Have a nice day!
Yikes! Snow! I'm flying into SLC tomorrow. They had 10 inches of snow there last week. I sure hope we don't get any surprises like that while we're there. The weather is going to be on the cool side with 40's at night and 50's 60's during the day.

Wow! 80 years young! That's fabulous. Won't be that many more years when I'll be up there too.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:10 PM   #3075
Quacker Stamper

It 's been a busy couple of days getting ready to leave tomorrow morning - EARLY! Ugh. I have to get up earlier than I do every day to go to work.

I've been feeling a little puny again today with throat issues. Ugh! Get rid of these allergies! I took a Zyrtec this morning to try to ward it off. It's not as bad as bad as before but still frustrating. Who was it that said that how you are feeling on New Year's Day is how your year will go???? Whoever said that - Don't ever say stuff like that again!

I'm just about packed - at least i have everything packed that I can do tonight. The rest I'll have to do tomorrow after I get dressed and ready to go.

I need to FB my niece and remind her I'm leaving tomorrow so she'll come by tomorrow night. I decided that I'm not taking my laptop. I don't think I'll have a lot of time to use it and I'll be in a hotel most of the time. I am taking my Kindle Fire so that will help with getting e-mails.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:13 PM   #3076
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hi ladies- been a busy week and I was able to drop in on phone and catch up, but have trouble posting from the phone....... I had the fabric garage sale and selling some of the magazines on a smocking facebook page- up to about $350 to donate : )

I had a fun Birthday- caught up with some older friends and today is Stephi's Birthday- 22!

Lynn- I missed your Birthday-sorry- Happy Belated BD! You would think since I have a list of Bdays that I could keep up- not.....

We are re-doing 2 bathrooms, and I am running around finding tile and Granite and faucets, etc.... and donating the fabric that is left, so keeping hopping.

Parents have hired a bit of help in, but will prob need to move before too long. Please keep them in prayers!

Barb- not quite 30 here, but sure is cold this week. That is alot of work on the plants- we tried doing that one year....now just head to the store.

Maxine- looking forward to seeing what you got done and cool to get free international shipping too.

Maggie- have a great trip- hope it does not rain the entire trip in LA.

Kelly- you did what? Hallmark? Oh, you are really busy! I hope you were not too anemic : ( And, hope your daughter finds another good specialist- why would they neglect to tell you that when you made the appt- didn't they ask for her birthdate?

Jeanette- yes- you are so busy lately! Hope you are enjoying each & every minute : )

Waving hello to everyone!

Shelly
Glad that you enjoyed your birthday and did well with getting rid of some of that fabric.

We won't get rain in CA, they are in the middle of a terrible drought. They would LOVE to have rain. The rain will be in Salt Lake City/Provo where we'll be Thursday through Saturday. I'll only be in CA overnight for the HS Musical and then on my way home Sunday.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:04 PM   #3077
Mad Swapper

Wow Maggie that sound like a flying trip - literally!! Here's praying the weather stays good for you!!

Shelly it's good to hear that your folks at least have some help, biut yes, will keep them in my prayers.

Barb your weather sounds about as crazy as ours, although we are back to more autumnal temperatures at the moment, it is still warmer than usual for this time of year.

Jeanette I hope all your planning and preparations go well... you really have been ultra busy this year!

Kelly I can understand you putting off the room change until life slows down a bit - congratulations on your forthcoming wedding anniversary - even if it will not be particularly romantic Awesome to hear that your son and his team are to be honoured!

Great to hear that those who were selling things managed to raise some $$ for their charities.

Lydia went to fracture clinic this morning, although she is healing really well, there is still a tiny part not fully healed, so rather than take risks after such a big break, she is back in plaster for another two weeks, which means her fifth birthday party and first week at school will be done in plaster!! I think DD was more upset about it than she was!!

My printer has decided to pack a spaz, and I cannot print anything straight - my son in law is going to work on it, but everything seems to be precluding it _ I will missing out on a couple of DT posts by the look of it - I have told the coordinator and she is o.k. about it, thankfully.

Waving to you all!!
Old 04-23-2015, 05:06 AM   #3078
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--the sun is shining today--YAY!!!! We did have some frost overnight, but it looks nice out today.

I hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 04-23-2015, 12:17 PM   #3079
Pearl-ExPert

I guess I'm popping through here again and can't even begin to catch up on all the chatter. Sounds like everyone is doing good and busy though.
I'm going to try - notice I say TRY - to get some commenting done today. Been trying to stay away from the computer for a few days getting some things done around here that had to be taken care of. Too much mowing and yard work - and yet the little showers keep coming. It's ok though since we'll be begging for rain in a few months. Thanks for the birthday wishes from everyone too. Very quiet and low keyed which is good sometimes.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:09 PM   #3080
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving hi to all- had a day of sunshine- even thought it was 50 it was beautiful here! I even went out for a walk- allergies or not! I had a quick visit to pick out Granite tops fr the bathrooms- 1/2 hour to the store - lots of construction. I then ran to Bible study, came home and was going to blog comment and I fell asleep..... Yikes. Oh well, will try to do a bit tonight.

Working the next couple of days, we are having a pot luck at work. I will most likely bring something to eat in case it is pizza or has dairy in it.....That would make for a miserable afternoon.....

Lynn, glad to see you popping in : ) Hope you do not get too work out doing all of that work! How is Jim doing? Is your ticker behaving?

Maxine- dang- I could not fix a printer either- not sure what I would do if hubby could not figure it out.....I might have to buy a new one...... hehehe

Barb- sun was nice today, huh? I was out without a coat this afternoon- so pretty!

Maggie- have a safe and fun - and hopefully dry trip! I am sure I will see pics on FB. I can scroll FB when working..... Boss will not be there tomorrow. Hope your throat is OK while you are traveling too.

Kelly- sounds like a busy week- the clean up is a great idea- and hope you and hubby have a nice dinner or something lines up for the evening to celebrate. Great idea to hold off on the move to the room till you have more time too.

Waving hello to all
Shelly