Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-09-2015, 04:39 PM   #3001
Watercolor Wizard

popping in to say hi. depression is rearing its ugly head so i've been down the past couple weeks and really down the past few days. just trying to breathe through it and keep myself busy with remedial tasks until i have enough energy to pick myself back up.

sending hugs will be back soon!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:28 PM   #3002
Mad Swapper

Oh Kel - I hear you! It is something I have battled in the past. Sounds as though you have strategies in place to cope, which is always good. Hang in there, and prayers coming your way.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:35 PM   #3003
Pearl-ExPert

Barb, sorry about the basketball game but they really did play good. I thought they were a better team than Duke but guess they were having a bad night. What do they say though......wait until next year!

Maggie, sorry about your friends husband. So sad.

Kel, yikes on the depression! Sounds like you've got a plan though and know you'll get through it fine.

Maxine, so glad Jordan is doing better now. Sad about the court system and all that and hoping it all comes out ok. How's the weather in your corner of the world?

Kelly, have fun in Orlando - and Disney too of course. Good luck to your son. That sounds like what my granddaughter has gone to for a couple of times at the world competition in Tenn. She's involved in something called Destination Imagination and may be similar to what your son is doing. That's great when they advance like that because they meet so many new friends.

Shelly, sorry to hear your mom is having health problems. Hope she's better now. WOW on all the sewing stuff!!!! You're going to need to add another room to the house.

I FINALLY have some good news! First of all, I made it to the cardiologist finally and I guess Mabel (the heart monitor) and I did good together after all. He said all appeared to be perfect and it was probably stress that caused the problem. Also, Jim went back for another blood test today and he's been stuck at 8.2 blood level - but due to heavy doses of iron, he's up to 9.4 now! We're SUPER excited about that. He's getting a little stronger every day now. He's still no oxygen and uses a walker most of the time but things are looking up. I'm usually exhausted by the end of the day around here. Between every thing I usually do and also having to do all he usually does, I get pretty tired. Of course with Spring hitting all the grass, flower beds, weed eating and all that has to be done. I'm keeping on top of it pretty good though. Tomorrow I hope to finish all the weed whacking and maybe one more flower bed. Long days!

Waving hi to everyone else!
Old 04-09-2015, 06:58 PM   #3004
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hello ladies : )

I took in my friends sewing stuff- not to keep- but to pass on- I am going to have a sale on the 18th and donate all of the $$$ to Make a Wish and Ronald McDonald House. And, YES, Barb- if you would like to see it-come on down! I am heading out of town tomorrow- be back Tuesday nite......

Barb- you make me look forward to retirement- I want to stamp whenever I please : )

Maggie- sorry about your friends husband- so sad! And, hoping your back is feeling better.

Maxine - you will have to keep up posted on the trial- and hoping Jordan does well with the surgery.

Kelly- have a fab time away- enjoy the competition, and especially enjoy Disney! SO fun!

Kel- big {HUGS} for you and I will keep you in prayers for the blues to lift! Glad you keep yourself busy and pluggin along! I am hoping you have lots of support from friends and family : )

Lynn- glad to hear things are looking better. And, super glad Mabel was boring and did not show up anything! I hope the yard work goes quickly for you- and hope you have fair weather!

It POURED rain here overnight, and the thunder and lightning- like the roof was coming off the house! I was up really late last night and hence got to bed late, night owl that I am......and the dog woke me up at 7AM just shaking (poor poochie was so scared!). I got about 4 hours of sleep total, but did not feel too bad all day. Had a busy day with lots to do! Looking forward to an early night tonight- yes, I did say that!

Waving hello to everyone
Shelly
Old 04-10-2015, 06:38 AM   #3005
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
popping in to say hi. depression is rearing its ugly head so i've been down the past couple weeks and really down the past few days. just trying to breathe through it and keep myself busy with remedial tasks until i have enough energy to pick myself back up.

Sorry about the depression Kel. I hope that you can joggle yourself out of that soon. Is this something that you've dealt with before? If it keeps up or gets worse, I'd suggest seeing your doctor.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 04-10-2015, 06:39 AM   #3006
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Happy Friday Ladies! We did get a lot of rain yesterday, more than 2 inches I think. It looks like the grass sure greened up with all of it. There were bad storms south of us, just south of the border in northern Illinois. We had some thunder and lightening, but the bad stuff petered out....................

I have hostess club today, so I get to get inky at Sarah's--YAY! We are heading to Chicago tomorrow to visit family and will be back later on Sunday.

Have a Fantastic Friday and an Awesome Weekend!
Old 04-10-2015, 06:41 AM   #3007
SCS RAK Coordinator

Kel--I hope things are on the upswing for you.

Lynn--great news from you!

Shelly--thanks for the invite................... Probably a bit of a drive, just for fabric--but I would get to meet you too!
Old 04-10-2015, 06:41 AM   #3008
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Barb, sorry about the basketball game but they really did play good. I thought they were a better team than Duke but guess they were having a bad night. What do they say though......wait until next year!

Maggie, sorry about your friends husband. So sad.

Kel, yikes on the depression! Sounds like you've got a plan though and know you'll get through it fine.

Maxine, so glad Jordan is doing better now. Sad about the court system and all that and hoping it all comes out ok. How's the weather in your corner of the world?

Kelly, have fun in Orlando - and Disney too of course. Good luck to your son. That sounds like what my granddaughter has gone to for a couple of times at the world competition in Tenn. She's involved in something called Destination Imagination and may be similar to what your son is doing. That's great when they advance like that because they meet so many new friends.

Shelly, sorry to hear your mom is having health problems. Hope she's better now. WOW on all the sewing stuff!!!! You're going to need to add another room to the house.

I FINALLY have some good news! First of all, I made it to the cardiologist finally and I guess Mabel (the heart monitor) and I did good together after all. He said all appeared to be perfect and it was probably stress that caused the problem. Also, Jim went back for another blood test today and he's been stuck at 8.2 blood level - but due to heavy doses of iron, he's up to 9.4 now! We're SUPER excited about that. He's getting a little stronger every day now. He's still no oxygen and uses a walker most of the time but things are looking up. I'm usually exhausted by the end of the day around here. Between every thing I usually do and also having to do all he usually does, I get pretty tired. Of course with Spring hitting all the grass, flower beds, weed eating and all that has to be done. I'm keeping on top of it pretty good though. Tomorrow I hope to finish all the weed whacking and maybe one more flower bed. Long days!

Waving hi to everyone else!
Thank you Lynn. Yes it is terribly sad - only 54.

Super happy about your news that you are doing OK and that Jim is getting better. I hope his counts will go up quickly and he'll be off that oxygen and back to his normal self again soon. I can relate to having to be the one in the home that does everything. Of course, I don't have someone else I'm caring for except for 4 inside kitties and 8 outsisde ones.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:44 AM   #3009
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello ladies : )

I took in my friends sewing stuff- not to keep- but to pass on- I am going to have a sale on the 18th and donate all of the $$$ to Make a Wish and Ronald McDonald House. And, YES, Barb- if you would like to see it-come on down! I am heading out of town tomorrow- be back Tuesday nite......

Barb- you make me look forward to retirement- I want to stamp whenever I please : )

Maggie- sorry about your friends husband- so sad! And, hoping your back is feeling better.

Maxine - you will have to keep up posted on the trial- and hoping Jordan does well with the surgery.

Kelly- have a fab time away- enjoy the competition, and especially enjoy Disney! SO fun!

Kel- big {HUGS} for you and I will keep you in prayers for the blues to lift! Glad you keep yourself busy and pluggin along! I am hoping you have lots of support from friends and family : )

Lynn- glad to hear things are looking better. And, super glad Mabel was boring and did not show up anything! I hope the yard work goes quickly for you- and hope you have fair weather!

It POURED rain here overnight, and the thunder and lightning- like the roof was coming off the house! I was up really late last night and hence got to bed late, night owl that I am......and the dog woke me up at 7AM just shaking (poor poochie was so scared!). I got about 4 hours of sleep total, but did not feel too bad all day. Had a busy day with lots to do! Looking forward to an early night tonight- yes, I did say that!

Waving hello to everyone
Shelly
Thanks for the good thought Shelly. The back is doing a little better. I go back today at 11:15.

I'm so glad to hear that you guys are OKAY! Saw on the news this morning about Fairdale (every home there was damaged and one lady was killed) and in Rochelle - also heavily damages. They are both somewhere outside of Chicago.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:45 AM   #3010
Quacker Stamper

We're supposed to have rain every day through Monday. Yes, we need it, but I'm getting tired of having it on the weekends. I really need to get out and do some work outside before my lawn guy can plant. I also noticed I had 3 pretty good size caterpillars on my Milkweed. I'm hoping they will survive to become butterflies. I put a tomato cage over the plant and then put some netting over and around that to keep predators away from them. Hope it works.

Tonight is the viewing. I'm going to leave work a little early to go home before I go to the viewing. After that, there are a few of us that are going up to our church building to tidy up. That will leave me free tomorrow for my hair appointment and the service if I get done in time, but I don't think I will since I'm having her do my color.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:49 AM   #3011
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maggie--our weekend is to be nice and that is about time too as we also have had not great weather in the past!
Old 04-10-2015, 12:43 PM   #3012
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, I think maybe caring for all those cats could be as hard as it is caring for Jim LOL!

Are any of y'all a SU demonstrator? Just wondering. They're having free shipping through today which is a good deal
Old 04-10-2015, 02:31 PM   #3013
Insane Embellisher

TGIF!!

My work week is just about done. The week flew by once again but I did manage to get to everyone's blog last night, finally!

I am so excited for tonight. Its the first Red Sox vs Yankee game of the season. We are going to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner and to watch some of the game.

I think we may finally get some nice weather over the weekend, I've still been wearing my winter coat!

I am caught up on the thread and am thinking of you all. Kelly - have a blast at MK on Sunday and say hi to Mickey for me!!
Old 04-10-2015, 02:33 PM   #3014
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Maggie, I think maybe caring for all those cats could be as hard as it is caring for Jim LOL!

Are any of y'all a SU demonstrator? Just wondering. They're having free shipping through today which is a good deal
Lynn, I am a demo but do not have a website. You can select my name if you need to choose one to place an order (Kristie Wilson, New Haven, CT 06513)

I wish I needed something to take advantage of free shipping! I am waiting for the new catalog before I place my next order.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:36 PM   #3015
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post

Big, big hugs to you!
Old 04-10-2015, 09:08 PM   #3016
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

LOL! Yes, could be.

I'm still an SU hobby demo, but they will probably be kicking me off the team pretty soon. I haven't ordered anything for awhile and missed my quota for the quarter. Free shipping is a good deal since it's usually so expensive.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:10 PM   #3017
Quacker Stamper

I left work early today (boss was gone). I was going to the viewing and then had to go up to church to do some tidying up. I was glad when I left my office that I had left early because my low tire pressure light came one. I was concerned because I had been in not that long ago for the tire pressure and it shouldn't have gone out so soon. I went on home and got something to eat and looked at the tires. They looked okay but decided I'd go to the tire store and have them checked out. Turned out that the rear on the passenger side had a nail in it and in a place where it couldn't be fixed and they didn't have the right size tire. I have a tire replacement agreement for my car, and unfortunately it's with the dealer so now I have to take the car back to the dealer to get a new tire on it. But I also have to call a certain # first to get the okay to do it. Ugh! I thought these were all under my warranty, but they aren't. It's like having a home warranty. I have to call them after my hair appointment and see what I need to do to get this tire fixed. Lucky I don't have anything else going tomorrow except for the grocery store.

I am a little concerned about my DD. I e-mailed her this morning and haven't heard anything back from her. We hadn't made any plans for this month for dinner and I'm going to be gone the last weekend of this month so it only leaves this weekend and next weekend for us to get together. Unless she wants to have dinner at her house on Sunday, we won't be getting together this weekend. Since her MIL is so sick, I am concerned that something might have happened, but I would hope that she would let me know if it did.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:56 AM   #3018
Pearl-ExPert

Kristie and Maggie! Thanks so much.......I think the free shipping ended yesterday but I will keep y'all in mind now when and if I want to order. I was really only looking at a couple of things. The problem I run into out here is that they won't ship to a PO Box (unless they've changed something) and we really live out in the boonies. We have a security gate at the end of the road so if I don't know they're coming I don't want to leave it open and if it's not open they just thrown it by the entrance (and anyone can take the package or it gets rained on or whatever). The last SU demo I had said she couldn't send me the tracking info so I could watch for it. No idea why she wouldn't send that to me at all.
Anyway, thanks and I may be hollering soon. Maybe they'll have another no shipping time in the future.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:23 AM   #3019
Insane Embellisher

Maggie - what a bummer on the tire! I hope you can get it fixed without too much trouble before the weekend is over. I hope you hear from your DD soon!

Lynn - How strange the demo wouldn't send you the tracking info! I was going to place an order for some cardstock last night and then decided to wait until the retirement list posts on the 21st.

I am dragging today!! Our game was on until after 2 am, it went 19 innings!! Mike quit watching during the 16th or 17th and I said I had enough when the 18th started lol. Our game today starts at 1 and we figure it will be a pitchers duel since the batters are going to be tired after playing over 7 hours.

We were supposed to go to MIL's but will wait til tomorrow. I am just too tired to go anywhere lol. Mike is doing some yardwork since it's in the low 50's. I am hoping this will be a trend of warmer weather coming!
Old 04-11-2015, 09:25 AM   #3020
Pearl-ExPert

I'll check back with you Kristi on the SU stuff. There's a single stamp I want of come tulips wrapped in newspaper. It's so pretty! Maybe a little pricey but thought if I could get the free shipping I would do it. Do they have clear stamps now??? Last I could from them was the rubber but not on a wooden block. I saw several sets that said "clear".
Old 04-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #3021
Quacker Stamper

Well, I had a wasted 3 hours. Went out to the car dealer (1/2 hour away) and after waiting there for almost 2 hours, they told me that they could NOT find any nail in any of the tires. They checked them all out. I did get the oil changed while I was there so that got done anyway. Very weird. Now I just hope that they were correct and I don't have to go through this any time soon. The guy there did tell me that I can take it to any Ford dealer with the service agreement and don't have to just take it there, so that's good for me because there is a closer Ford dealer to go to.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:03 PM   #3022
Mad Swapper

Hi all - I do hope your temperatures are going up as fast as ours are going down - nearly 20oF in just over a week, and there is snow in the South Island. Rain, and some wind here, and we were forecast hail and lightening and thunder today, but thankfully they have not arrived, but still possible tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about your car woes Maggie - we had our share last week too - cost us over $600 - ouch, and that on top of dentist expenses for me!!

Lynn, so good to hear Jim is on the mend, albeit slowly - don't you go blowing a phoo phoo valve doing all the extra work.... it's too easy to do.

Shelly sorry to hear there have been extra health problems for your Mum - such a difficult time when they are frail but still insisting on independence.

Jeanette and Kelly - are either of you going to slow down any time soon???

Kristie and Kel - take care, both of you, and praying you are soon back in full health.

Barb you really are a sports fan aren't you - I have no idea of what you are talking about other than you are currently following baseball

Waving from the cooler weather
Old 04-13-2015, 05:28 AM   #3023
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!
(says the long-missing Ranger) Sheesh! You'd think I could pop my head in here more often, wouldn't you?

I've been ever-so-busy........ with meetings and such. And I have no time to read the thread and catch up, so please tell me if I've missed anything important. Thanks!

Anyone feel like this?

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 04-13-2015, 06:37 AM   #3024
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy, Happy Monday!

It is raining again this morning but it is supposed to stop and get sunny later. We are going to have some great weather all week along, temps in the 60's, maybe close to 70 a day or so. We worked outside for most of the day yesterday and yes, I am a bit sore today.

I hope you have a great week!
Old 04-13-2015, 07:27 PM   #3025
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Just back from our weekend rendezvous! Stephi did great in her race- 5K champ again- ran in 17:38- which whittled 21 seconds off of her time from last year.

Many races all day- the last race was the 4x4. The boys went last, and the 'C' race- the final race- the boys used a hot dog as the baton. WHen the last boy was coming down the final stretch, the kids started chanting, "Eat the Dog"...... and he did! What a stitch!

Visit to parents was short and nice but stressful. Mom's memory is really bad and there needs to be some intervention soon- and they are totally into denial....... Please pray for discernment and safety for them if you would!

The weather was beautiful! And the flowers were all in bloom- about a week before us.

Off to visit blogs!

Shelly
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:17 AM   #3026

I never made it back to SCS yesterday - too many meetings. Sheesh!

Barb, I hope you had fun yesterday - inside - out of the rain. That means it was a perfect day to get inky, right?

Shelly, I'm glad you're home again. YAY! for Stephi doing well, but [sad face] for the condition with your parents, especially your mom. I'm praying for all of you!

Speaking of blog visits - I am sooooo far behind. Ladies, I am so sorry! I want to see what you've been making, but life has been so hectic lately. Soon. (I just hope you don't kick me out of this amazing group!)

I'm heading out of town (out of state, too, for that matter) as soon as Brock leaves for work today. I'm going SHOPPING! I need to get several things that I need for my mission trip to the Dominican Republic. So it's going to be a busy and fun retail day! Oh, and I also see Chipotle and Starbucks in my future.

I'll be back to SCS tomorrow.

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:15 AM   #3027
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Late start to my day - after drop offs, I went to Starbucks and the line was wrapped around the building! Of course, I waited in it - LOL! They need to give fast passes like the theme parks to regulars like me!

We are home from Disney! What a magical day!!

And, State competetion was interesting - we lost by a landslide :*( The kids were very sad but it's a good life lesson - they worked hard, wonderful teamwork and showed ingenuity and great character - who could ask for more! We didn't make it to Worlds but are planning a big congrats party here regardless. It was our "first rodeo" so we took it all as a learning experience!

And I meet up with one of my friends here from SCS since we were at Disney the same time! That was fun!

Sooo much to do here so I'm sending love to Jim and Lynn and her loss of Mabel *claps*
And Shelly for your mom. Glad you had a nice get away!

And Maggie - have you heard from your dd yet?

Scrambling along and sending hugs for all!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 04-14-2015, 07:18 AM   #3028
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post

Good Morning--Happy, Happy Monday!

It is raining again this morning but it is supposed to stop and get sunny later. We are going to have some great weather all week along, temps in the 60's, maybe close to 70 a day or so. We worked outside for most of the day yesterday and yes, I am a bit sore today.

I hope you have a great week!
After all the snow and bad weather, your weather today sounds wonderful! We are in the middle of the rainy season and I'm about ready for it to be over. Rain most every day this week and then again on the weekend. I wouldn't have time this weekend to do anything outside since I've got the kids coming for dinner on Saturday and then I need to get myself ready for my trip next Thursday. Need to decide what to take and if I can get along with just a smaller suitcase.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:20 AM   #3029
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hope you all had a great weekend!

Just back from our weekend rendezvous! Stephi did great in her race- 5K champ again- ran in 17:38- which whittled 21 seconds off of her time from last year.

Many races all day- the last race was the 4x4. The boys went last, and the 'C' race- the final race- the boys used a hot dog as the baton. WHen the last boy was coming down the final stretch, the kids started chanting, "Eat the Dog"...... and he did! What a stitch!

Visit to parents was short and nice but stressful. Mom's memory is really bad and there needs to be some intervention soon- and they are totally into denial....... Please pray for discernment and safety for them if you would!

The weather was beautiful! And the flowers were all in bloom- about a week before us.

Off to visit blogs!

Shelly
Kudos to Stephi for her win! That's fabulous. Funny story about the hot dog baton!

Sorry about your mom. I know that is a hard thing to deal with. How is your dad doing? From what I think I recall, your dad is not able to be her caregiver. What kind of care is she going to need? 24/7? If she went to an assisted living facility, would your dad go also?

Old 04-14-2015, 07:27 AM   #3030
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good morning! Late start to my day - after drop offs, I went to Starbucks and the line was wrapped around the building! Of course, I waited in it - LOL! They need to give fast passes like the theme parks to regulars like me!

We are home from Disney! What a magical day!!

And, State competetion was interesting - we lost by a landslide :*( The kids were very sad but it's a good life lesson - they worked hard, wonderful teamwork and showed ingenuity and great character - who could ask for more! We didn't make it to Worlds but are planning a big congrats party here regardless. It was our "first rodeo" so we took it all as a learning experience!

And I meet up with one of my friends here from SCS since we were at Disney the same time! That was fun!

Sooo much to do here so I'm sending love to Jim and Lynn and her loss of Mabel *claps*
And Shelly for your mom. Glad you had a nice get away!

And Maggie - have you heard from your dd yet?

Scrambling along and sending hugs for all!
Sorry that the State competition didn't go as well as everyone would have liked, but yes, they are life experiences and that's what we are here for. My great niece and nephew placed 3rd and 4th at their OM's, which wasn't too bad. They were happy with that.

Disney sounds like it was a fun time, but who wouldn't have fun at the Happiest Place on Earth!

I did text DD on Saturday while I was sitting waiting at the car dealership. She had not seen my e-mail from the day before and when I called, she was out. Well, I left a message on her voice mail. Guess she didn't listen to that either. Anyway, they are coming to my house for dinner on Saturday, so cleaning is in my future plans.

BTW, my DD accepted a spot in the Musical Theater program at University of Utah! They went out there last week and she took part in some of the classes, got a tour of the campus and did whatever they needed to do and she officially accepted the invitation. My DD posted on FB and did a #housedivided! FYI - her other DD is graduating from BYU and there is a big college rivalry between BYU and UofU.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:27 AM   #3031
Quacker Stamper

I went to my Chiro appointment after work. It is really helping me. I don't have so many issues getting up and down after sitting for a long time or when I get out of bed in the morning.

Last night worked on my other DT card. I have to make sure I have everything done before I go on vacation. I still have a swap to finish up.

Tonight is book club. We read The Orphan Train for our book this month. A book was suggested for next month, but not sure how it's going to be received. It's called I think. Between You and Me: Confessions of a Comma Queen" kind of dry, but I'm told that it is kind of funny and witty. I'm making up a book club list to hand out to everyone with good titles.

I need to drop clothes off at the cleaner and also my big comforter. I noticed the other day that one of the kitties upchucked on it and left a big spot. Glad it wasn't on the upper cover. It also has a seam split about 4" long and I want them to fix that too.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:11 AM   #3032

And yes, we're not only over the hump of the week, we're also “over the hump” (finished) with Tax season. YAY! (We have a man in our church who owns his own accounting business here in town. During tax season, he goes to work at 6:30 AM and doesn't usually get home until close to 10:00 PM. His wife will be celebrating when this day is over. Truthfully, they always take a mini vacation in early May... head to the beach.)

Kelly, I hope the kids enjoyed the competition, even if they didn't win.

Maggie, what a relief for her, now that she's decided where she'll go to school!

I had a GREAT day yesterday! Shopped and shopped! And ate at Chipotle (not the same one that Hillary Clinton supposedly went to, though). I found most things on my list. Didn't find any shoes/sandals to take on my trip, though. Nor did I find a paper trimmer with a self-sharpening blade. I guess I'll have to search online for that one. And I may just have to go barefoot. LOL!

Hugs for all!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-15-2015, 06:22 AM   #3033
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday--Happy Hump Day and Happy Tax Day!!!!!

I had a great day yesterday--I got a haircut in the morning, then went to my SU demo's house for a stamp class--I did a double set, so I made 2 sets of 5 cards. In the afternoon, I then had a birthday card class at my LSS and made another 5 cards. Yes, I did say it was a great day!
Old 04-15-2015, 06:25 AM   #3034

SMOOOOOOCHY!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-15-2015, 12:41 PM   #3035
Mad Swapper

Quick pop in before breakfast - Jeanette, the Dahle 507 or 508 personal trimmers are the way to go- they are self sharpening - I have had mine over 10 years and love it, and am currently lost without it as I broke the pressure ruler the other day - my fault entirely .

Cold here - had our first frost yesterday and it was no gentle hint of winter - it was -1.3oC, and there was ice on the bird bath until late morning . At least it was a sunny day
Old 04-15-2015, 12:44 PM   #3036

Maxine, I totally agree. I own a fable and love it!

That being said, I don't want to spend that much $$$ on this one since I'm giving it and lots of card making stuff to a pastor's wife in the Dominican republic when I go there on my trip in a little over 2 weeks
Old 04-15-2015, 08:13 PM   #3037
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

I just wrote a long post, and it went poof- so for now, just waving hello.....

Shelly
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:26 PM   #3038
Mad Swapper

Hi Shelly - i know the feeling!! Waving from a very sunny afternoon after another frost
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:48 AM   #3039

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-16-2015, 06:55 AM   #3040
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--today is a getting inky day for me! Tomorrow I am heading to the Scrapbook Expo--I am sure lots of new toys will jump in my bag to come home with me! I am also taking a class. Should be a fun day!

I hope it is a great day for you too!