Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-26-2015, 06:13 AM   #2921
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Everyone--Happy Thursday and it is a Badger Basketball Evening!!!!!

I am working on some swap cards today so I will be getting inky--on the cardstock and not my fingers I hope!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:21 AM   #2922
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Shelly, my time in Alaska was amazing. I got to go to an Eskimo Dance (these are movements to a story of the chanted music), visit DD's school on two different days, went to both stores in town, went to Bible Study at the home of one of the other teachers whose DH is a retired pastor on Sunday, saw the northern lights (though they were just color, no movement), and so much more. I ate baked salmon caught in the Yukon River and chili made with ground moose. I declined to eat the eel. EEK!!! Such an amazing trip!!!

I disappeared yesterday - due to way too much busy-ness. LOL! I keep telling myself (week after week) that "next week" will not be as busy... but, as I'm sure you also know, "Next Week" NEVER comes!

FYI, I'll be leaving in the dark tomorrow morning - heading to Chicago to lead a workshop/conference. I won't get home until way after dark on Saturday night............ see you again on Monday.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:27 AM   #2923
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, all -- still recovering here, albeit slower than I wanted! We have big plans for Saturday that I'm afraid now I"m going to have to reschedule But how to you reschedule a birthday ...... seriously. My son is barely better. Been to the dr twice - "flu" - yes, that we knew but it's been 6 days. He's better, but not well ...... I hope he heals soon!

Barb, I confess I have no idea what you are talking about with brackets and such -- lol. All I understood out of that was dinner

Jeanette, sounds magical and all things wonderful in AK!

Waving to all, much to do and just a few days left to do it all in here at home before the 'rat race' of back to school starts up. Thank Goodness it's been Spring Break, although a horrible one, at least everyone sick was able to stay home with no worries (me, ds!) ♥

Hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:21 AM   #2924
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies,

I will be MIA for at least the rest of this week. I finished getting the house cleaned up (now its just cluttered but not messy lol) and I got sick Tuesday night. Came on quick and strong. Swollen glands and sinus infection. I stayed home yesterday after seeing my doc but I am back in the office today. Lots to do since end of the quarter is looming. My friend is in town but not sure when I will get to see her since she has made tons of plans already. I was invited on a group outing tomorrow night but as of right now, I am passing on that since I am so stuffed up, ears clogged and some sinus pain

Just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #2925
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh yes - I have added embellishments to cover smudges and literal cut corners .

Lydia is doing well - she is now "bum shuffling" around the house. As they did not get to sell their buggy before they left Auckland, and it has now been hauled out and she is enjoying it, although she was not happy about the thought of it initially!! I did some fast talking about her Poppa having to use a wheelchair when he broke his leg, and that made it o.k.

She goes into a fibreglass cast next week, and then there are another four weeks immobilised. She has been given some gifts to help keep her occupied, and made a kitset (flat) teddy bear today in just over an hour!! Too clever for her mother's liking, she had hoped it would take longer!

Kelly I so hope the flu is confined to just the one patient in your house!!

Kristie it sounds as though your work situation has been stressful - glad to know the tension has eased.

Shelly it's always good to see you here - how are your parents keeping? It was good to hear that your Dad's birthday went well.

I see Jeanette is back and has blogged again - looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Barb it sound as though you are in sports heaven at the moment .

Lynn I hope for your sake Jim behaves himself - you won't be doing any more house renovations for a while by the sound of it!! Hope the garden doesn't suffer too much from this period of neglect....

Anybody seen Darlene of late??

Waving to you all
Glad to hear that Lydia is doing well and able to get around in one fashion or another. I guess the fiberglass cast won't be so heavy for her. Is she able to use crutches?
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 03-26-2015, 08:30 AM   #2926
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Yikes! I've been so far behind since I returned home that I couldn't seem to get to the computer and SCS. I've missed all of you!

I haven't blogged or anything since I got home - the blog posts you've seen on my blog were all scheduled before I left.

And I haven't read the thread to catch up - so if I missed anything please let me know!

I leave again in 2 days - and we'll be having revival services at our church when I get home - which is always way too busy! This time the evangelist is my DH's best friend!

How's everybody doing????????????
Can't wait to hear about your trip to Alaska. Hope you and DD were able to have tons of fun.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:33 AM   #2927
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hi ladies : ) I was in bed by 11PM last night and overslept for my 9AM piano lesson today .....I am not sure why I slept so much- hope I am not coming down with anything!

Kelly, are you keeping your flu germs confined to one side of the house?

Maxine- yes, clever way to get your little one in the stroller! I had a chance to browse strollers for a baby shower this weekend- the new Mom asked for one that was $500! And, the nursery monitors are video's now......Heavens I am out of touch!

Barb- would love a peek at what you are quilting. Sounds like fun picking out fabrics and a pattern too. I got my machine back and it was only $99.00 for fix- yeah! Are you in a pool for March Madness? Did you win your roomie bet?

Maggie- I hate it when that happens- glad you were able to save that card- and were able to still use it for the challenge. I have never heard of Spike seasoning....

Jeanette- well, I think you are winning the award for busiest lately...! I look forward to hearing about your Alaskan visit.

Lynn- hoping no news is good news- hope Jim's appt with primary doc went well.....

Thanks again if you happened to send a card to my Dad- he rec'd more cards than people replied to me- so I do not know who else sent him cards- it was a fab day- tired them both out with people stopping by to say hello. My brother is there now (from the Boston area) thankfully. He is a blast and there is always great topics of conversation. They really need help in the house and are kind of dragging their feet. The had Visiting Angels come by, and have an appt for GodSent to stop by- they do whatever you ask of them- cleaning, driving to doc or errands, etc..... They charge by the hour with a min. of 2 hours a visit. BUT, if anything happens to either of them, they will have to either hire someone or move........ Could be any day or could be a year, who knows...... (Thanks for asking Jeanette)

I saw a Pulled Pork recipe on Pintrest- new to me- Pork Butt Roast and Root Beer in a crock pot. Pour out the liquid and add your fav BBQ sauce...... It was very filling and delicious (and sweet too). I found a butt roast a few weeks ago for $1.00 a pound......so it was very reasonable- and huge- will bring some to a neighbor that just had a 3 lever back surgery.

Waving hello to everyone else : )

Shelly
Glad to hear that there are people in the area to help out at your parent's home and that your brother is spending some time with them too. It's so hard on everyone as the parents age if they are not healthy.

The pulled pork recipe sounds great. That was a great price. Sorry about your neighbor's surgery. That's sweet of you to take some food over to them.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:35 AM   #2928
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Shelly, my time in Alaska was amazing. I got to go to an Eskimo Dance (these are movements to a story of the chanted music), visit DD's school on two different days, went to both stores in town, went to Bible Study at the home of one of the other teachers whose DH is a retired pastor on Sunday, saw the northern lights (though they were just color, no movement), and so much more. I ate baked salmon caught in the Yukon River and chili made with ground moose. I declined to eat the eel. EEK!!! Such an amazing trip!!!

I disappeared yesterday - due to way too much busy-ness. LOL! I keep telling myself (week after week) that "next week" will not be as busy... but, as I'm sure you also know, "Next Week" NEVER comes!

FYI, I'll be leaving in the dark tomorrow morning - heading to Chicago to lead a workshop/conference. I won't get home until way after dark on Saturday night............ see you again on Monday.
Sounds like you did have an awesome time. I'm with you though, I would draw the line at eating the eel. No thanks!
Old 03-26-2015, 08:37 AM   #2929
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Good Morning, all -- still recovering here, albeit slower than I wanted! We have big plans for Saturday that I'm afraid now I"m going to have to reschedule But how to you reschedule a birthday ...... seriously. My son is barely better. Been to the dr twice - "flu" - yes, that we knew but it's been 6 days. He's better, but not well ...... I hope he heals soon!

Barb, I confess I have no idea what you are talking about with brackets and such -- lol. All I understood out of that was dinner

Jeanette, sounds magical and all things wonderful in AK!

Waving to all, much to do and just a few days left to do it all in here at home before the 'rat race' of back to school starts up. Thank Goodness it's been Spring Break, although a horrible one, at least everyone sick was able to stay home with no worries (me, ds!) ♥

Hugs!
Sorry you guys are still sick, but hope that you're better by the weekend so the party can go forward. It is fortunate in a way that it was Spring Break so there was no missed school.

Get well soon!
Old 03-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #2930
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi ladies,

I will be MIA for at least the rest of this week. I finished getting the house cleaned up (now its just cluttered but not messy lol) and I got sick Tuesday night. Came on quick and strong. Swollen glands and sinus infection. I stayed home yesterday after seeing my doc but I am back in the office today. Lots to do since end of the quarter is looming. My friend is in town but not sure when I will get to see her since she has made tons of plans already. I was invited on a group outing tomorrow night but as of right now, I am passing on that since I am so stuffed up, ears clogged and some sinus pain

Just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello.
Glad you got the house cleaned up, but sorry that you are a sickie now too. I hope you can get cleared up so you can visit with your GF. How long will she be in town?

Also, glad to hear that the work situation is okay and no stress there now.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #2931
Quacker Stamper

It's a little quiet here today. Boss flew in this morning from his mediation yesterday. He'll be in later. Later tonight is our Single Chicks dinner. We're going to a Mexican restaurant - Lupe Tortillas. Any of you have them around your way? It's kind of rainy here this morning, but should clear off by the end of the day, but it's to get colder for a couple days and then warm up again. We are in the yo yo weather pattern again.

I'm going to do grocery shopping on my way home from work tomorrow night since the kids are coming for dinner on Saturday and I'll have to spend time cleaning up the house.

Last night I worked on a card for The Outlawz Progressive Freebie challenge. I need to have it done by the 31st and also some ATC swaps. I picked out paper to use and an image which I stamped and now coloring. They also need to be out by the 31st.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:38 PM   #2932
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hi all,
We just turned on the TV and saw Wisc beat No. Carolina- so Barb had a great win today. We are now watching Ky- hubby says they will go all of the way- undefeated. I could not really care less, but it is exciting when people pick and get brackets right- I think lucky guesses as there are always upsets..... The Big Ten beat the ACC tonight- Wahoo! We are spending Sat evening with friends watching March Madness (and chatting).

Jeanette- loved the update- sounds like a great trip! Do you think your daughter will stay, or is it too early to tell? Does she eat Eel? And, is the Salmon way better there? Mmmmm I love Salmon!

Maggie- I used one of the BCA posts that got alot of attn- if anyone see's it on FB, I did not really get stopped by a traffic cop, and my boobs did not get me out of a ticket...... Hehehehehe And, I LOVE the cute image from the Outlawz Progressive challenge this month! I will be using it again : )

Kristie- so sorry to hear your sinus are acting up. I have allergies, and the pollens have already started....trees mostly... Each year I hear- this is just the worst year ever! Hope you feel better soon! I hope you have some creative time.

Kelly- sorry the week off was spent with the flu- and it hung on for a long time too! Hope your son feels better when it is time to return to school! OK, is it his B-day or yours??? I need to get the group b-days on my calendar!

Waving hello to all- have a great weekend! I am working and have alot planned, so will be back Sun nite or Mon nite!

Shelly
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:18 PM   #2933
Mad Swapper

Hi all,

We are following the Cricket World Cup - N.Z. is in the final for the first time!!! Go the Black Caps - the final game is being played Sunday night our time, in Australia against Australia .

Enjoy your baseball Barb - it's not a big sport here at all.

Jeanette it was great to hear about your trip - folk around here eat eel too - ba-rb-qued with brown sugar is the favoured way to eat them. Very high in Omega 3 oils. .

Shelly you are one busy lady!! I go to visit when DH wants to watch sport with his brother so I can chat with SIL.

Maggie - I hope you were not offended by my response to the f/b post, but it is something I feel very strongly about - of the eleven women that I can think of off hand who have had breast cancer, five have died from metastasis - five are so far in the clear, and one is living with metastases....

Kelly I do hope you and DS are the only ones who have that 'flu. It sounds horrible - hope you recover quickly with no complications. We are due to get our shots next month. We always have them, and as we are both asthmatics we get them free .

Kristie that sounds horrible - we are only just now nearing the end of our allergy season, and I have swallowed more antihistamines this year than I ever have!! Do you have shots for your allergies?

Better go and finish a DT card!!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:51 AM   #2934
SCS RAK Coordinator

Old 03-27-2015, 08:12 AM   #2935
Pearl-ExPert

Another quick trip through here. I'm not even going to attempt to catch up but did see that Jeanette is back from her trip - YEA!!!! - and also that Maxine's granddaughter is doing better - Double YEA! Just going to take some time for all that to heal and all that. At least she's young though so things heal a lot quicker than they do is us older folks. LOL!

Jim was sent home from the hospital on Saturday - and then we were sent back again on Tuesday as he was bleeding again. Got home once again yesterday. This time the ulcers were good but he was bleeding from something called Aoratic Venus Malfunctions (?) Got those cauterized and here we are again. HOPEFULLY he'll be on the mend now. All we can do though is to say a little prayer. I doubt if I'll ever NOT be exhausted anymore! LOL! We'll make it one way or the other I suppose.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:14 PM   #2936
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi all,

We are following the Cricket World Cup - N.Z. is in the final for the first time!!! Go the Black Caps - the final game is being played Sunday night our time, in Australia against Australia .

Enjoy your baseball Barb - it's not a big sport here at all.

Jeanette it was great to hear about your trip - folk around here eat eel too - ba-rb-qued with brown sugar is the favoured way to eat them. Very high in Omega 3 oils. .

Shelly you are one busy lady!! I go to visit when DH wants to watch sport with his brother so I can chat with SIL.

Maggie - I hope you were not offended by my response to the f/b post, but it is something I feel very strongly about - of the eleven women that I can think of off hand who have had breast cancer, five have died from metastasis - five are so far in the clear, and one is living with metastases....

Kelly I do hope you and DS are the only ones who have that 'flu. It sounds horrible - hope you recover quickly with no complications. We are due to get our shots next month. We always have them, and as we are both asthmatics we get them free .

Kristie that sounds horrible - we are only just now nearing the end of our allergy season, and I have swallowed more antihistamines this year than I ever have!! Do you have shots for your allergies?

Better go and finish a DT card!!
Not offended at all. Actually, I have a very good friend who is a breast cancer survivor and I know others who have been touched by other forms of cancer, myself included. It was not meant to be offensive, but to make people aware that there are many out there that are fighting for their lives every day from one form or another. My BF passed away last year from colon cancer; my DD's MIL has been diagnosed with colon cancer. I just saw on FB yesterday that the DH of a good friend from church was just diagnosed with cancer also. They were just in my last Family History class. The list goes on and on and hopefully those who take part or even if they don't will be more aware and be more mindful of their plight and send up prayers for anyone afflicted.

Sorry, didn't mean to get on my soap box.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:16 PM   #2937
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Another quick trip through here. I'm not even going to attempt to catch up but did see that Jeanette is back from her trip - YEA!!!! - and also that Maxine's granddaughter is doing better - Double YEA! Just going to take some time for all that to heal and all that. At least she's young though so things heal a lot quicker than they do is us older folks. LOL!

Jim was sent home from the hospital on Saturday - and then we were sent back again on Tuesday as he was bleeding again. Got home once again yesterday. This time the ulcers were good but he was bleeding from something called Aoratic Venus Malfunctions (?) Got those cauterized and here we are again. HOPEFULLY he'll be on the mend now. All we can do though is to say a little prayer. I doubt if I'll ever NOT be exhausted anymore! LOL! We'll make it one way or the other I suppose.
Glad to hear that you're back home again. Hospitals are not a fun place to be and it's hard to get well when you're there. I've never heard of that Aoratic Venus Malfunction. Is that related to the ulcers or something else entirely? I hope that things will calm down for you both now that he's home.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:16 PM   #2938
Quacker Stamper

Quiet day here. Boss came in this morning, but didn't stay long - about 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

I went and walked at lunchtime today. I wanted to stop in Brighton's and look at their purses. I need a new one for Spring, but I didn't want to take the time today.

Looked through a couple magazines I brought looking for dinner recipe for tomorrow. I'm going to make Vegetable Primavera Cassarole and have salad and bread and fruit. I also found this yummy cake recipe called Take-Along Cake. I'm going to make it for our dessert. It's made with a mix, but you add chocolate chips, marshmallows, and chopped pecans to it. It doesn't have a frosting on it, but I could make our Family Favorite - Fudgy Frosting. Going to stop at the grocery on my way home from work.

Tomorrow morning it's up and get the house cleaned up. The kids will be over at about 5.
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:25 PM   #2939
Mad Swapper

Lynn that sounds scary - glad it is under control now. You really have had a bad run.
{{{{{Hugs}}}}} and prayers from down under
Old 03-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #2940
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello-I hope you have a Blessed Palm Sunday. We had a wonderful Saturday--I finished the top of the table runner for my quilting class. I have two classes left so this week I think we add the border, binding, batting and backing--then quilt it the last one.

We went for a walk in the afternoon and then some friends came over for the Badger game. They won and are headed to the Final Four next weekend--Go Big Red!!!!!!

I have a meeting tomorrow in a Chicago suburb, and will leave early in the morning. I should be home in the early evening--so have a great start to the new week!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:35 PM   #2941
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Happy Belated Bday Kelly!!!

I am in for a bit and going out again to join friends for Fresh Steel Head Trout from Michigan : ) I am making a 'drop cake' where you just drop in - peaches, cake mix, melted butter, coconut and pecans. We are also bringing ice cream, although I cannot eat it......

Yeah Barb- did you see the cute Wisconsin (tourism) commercial the Wisc coach does- it is really cute. MSU won today in OT- so we will be watching and cheering them on too. Go Big 10!!! Sounds like you are making great progress with your table runner.

Lynn- where is the AVM??? (Esophagus? or colon? ) Glad they got that bleeding stopped and Wowza- hope this is the end of the drama with Jim's health! I used to tease men and tell them I bet you used to say your dream idea is to be surrounded by women....here you are! Sometimes you have to lighten the mood......

Maxine- sorry to say the Antihistamines are out already here.....it is goig to be wicked I think...... I have been stuffed up since I came back from Florida.......

Maggie- I hope you find a purse quickly. I do not carry one d/t my neck- just carry a kleenex in my pocket and a phone case with license, Credit & debit card........

Waving hi to all
Shelly
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:03 PM   #2942
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, I'm not sure about these doctors at all! When he went in the first time after throwing up so much blood they said he had three ulcers with one bleeding (close to an artery). They cauterized that one. He got three units of blood then. Then of course the oxygen went down and then he had A-Fib so they kept him for 11 days. He got out on Saturday and by Tuesday he was in worse shape than before. His blood was down to a 4 and they said that was critical. Went back in after immediately staring more transfusions (total of 5 units this time). Did another endoscopy and said the ulcers were fine but he was bleeding from the AVM's on his stomach. Anyway, he's re-cooping so much quicker now so I assume the bleeding has stopped. We got back to the primary doc Tuesday and hope to know more then but may not since the hospital in the city won't send the primary any records until he requests them - and then it takes about 5 or 6 days to get the report. Crazy! Anyway, he's getting stronger now but is still using a walker and on oxygen. Things are looking up right now anyway.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:27 PM   #2943
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Lynn

WOW- sounds like a rough go! When they do the emergent EGD (upper endoscopy), they can see the active bleeding and use cautery. When they see an ulcer, they see bleeding and 'assume' that is the cause of it all- which is very logical. Afterwards, they monitor the blood count and it can fluctuate a little depending on the level of fluids in the body- if you are dehydrated, the level can look like it is up a little higher than it actually is......just a tiny bit though.

AVM's are very common in adults over 50 and I am glad they figured that out. I hope after receiving all of that blood, and finding the cause of the 2nd blood loss that Jim will be quickly on the road to recovery!

4 is really a low blood count! I will keep you guys in continued prayers that the worst has passed and that Jim is fully on the road to recovery ! I would just make sure they monitor his blood count really closely and check and see if they will send nurses to the house instead of making you do all of that running around. A home health nurse could visit and do the labs if it is covered- would save you a bit of running around....

Hugs
Shelly
Old 03-30-2015, 05:29 AM   #2944
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, Shelly!

I hope all continues to go well, Lynn!

Good morning, all!
x0
Old 03-30-2015, 06:10 AM   #2945

I am home again - got home late Saturday. Had a great trip to/from Chicago... encountered snow on the way. It was pretty coming down, and didn't stick much. The conference/workshop went well and was a lot of fun!

Oh my, Lynn! That's so scary about Jim. Praying he's much improved!

Happy Belated Birthday, Kelly! Everyone feeling better now?

Maggie, I hope you had fun with your dinner guests! The meal sounded delicious!

Kristie, I'm sorry you've been feeling poorly!

Barb, enjoy your time away today! We will miss you!

Shelly, I love how you explain the medical stuff in simple terms that I can understand. Thank you! And yes, my DD did try the eel - just one bite. She had eel before and knew she really wasn't a fan, but she's a good sport and more adventurous than her mother. The salmon was VERY good - she seasoned it and baked it. The pieces/steaks were about 2" thick and so tender! I think the salmon there was a bit stronger tasting than ours here. Oh so yummy!!!

Maxine, I think I'll have to do without those Omega 3 oils... no eel for me plese!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-30-2015, 07:28 AM   #2946
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies,

I am on the mend I think. Still having sinus issues but the infection part seems to be gone. If I could get a full night's sleep, I would be in great shape but first I couldn't breathe well to sleep and now its been draining and keeping me up. I will be MIA a good portion of this week too. I am finally well enough to see my friend and want to spend as much time with her before she leaves. She has plans on Wed/Thurs so I am hoping to craft one of those nights. I have been needing to make a sympathy card and a few Easter cards. I bought several new sets this year and I am almost out of time to use them for this season!

Lynn - glad to hear Jim is starting to heal. Sorry to hear he had to go in the hospital again. I hope that was the last visit for awhile! Take care of yourself too!
Old 03-30-2015, 08:01 AM   #2947
Quacker Stamper

Dinner went well on Saturday with the kids. Everyone loved the Pasta and the chocolate cake! Yummy. They all got a Cadbury chocolate egg and then after dinner I gave each of the grands their Easter "basket." I had gotten some small basket containers at Dollar General and used them. This way when they are done with the candy in them, they can use them for other storage items in their rooms. We played Aggravation this time and DGD beat us all. By that time, we were all in a good position to win, but she managed to do it first.

Sunday was quiet. I had a Family History meeting at 11 and then church. It was so cold in the building. I had forgotten to take a wrap with me.
At the meeting we were discussing having a Family History Open House for the Ward and then one for the General Public. We are not having a class now until May so we can meet together and discuss this Open House and how it's going to work and what wew want to do for it.

Had leftovers for dinner and then worked on my DT cards for this week. I also need to finish up my swap for March. The image is done, but I have all these little images to cut out and mount on the STC card and figure out what else to put on it.

I"m going to a new chiropractor at lunch time today. This is the free consultation I got from when we had our chair massage a couple weeks ago. They say they will do x-rays if needed and I'd really like him to do x-rays of my low back. It has really been bothering me a lot lately. Not sure if walking is helping or hurting,
Old 03-30-2015, 08:06 AM   #2948
Quacker Stamper

Friends of mine from church could use some prayers. One lady has a serious lung condition and has been on oxygen for some time now and is periodically in and out of the hospital. This is not something that she'll ever recover from.

Also, a man at church was just diagnosed about a week ago with advanced stage pancreatic cancer and it is not operable. He's on chemo, but now he's in the hospital with pneumonia. I just had he and his wife in my Family History Sunday School class in February and he seemed fine at the time. One lady told me that he didn't tell anyone that he was sick. I did notice that he and his family were off doing some local traveling the last 4-6 weeks. It's sad because they do have 2 youngish children. The oldest is a teen about 16 and the other is probably 10 or 11. Both boys. The lady that I was talking to said that she saw him at the hospital the other night and he looks really bad and she would be surprised if he was able to recover from the pneumonia.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:00 PM   #2949
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello Ladies--I hope you had a good day, even if it was a Monday!
Old 03-31-2015, 05:23 AM   #2950

Kristie, I'm glad your health is improving! Enjoy the time with your friend!

Maggie, so fun to have an enjoyable time with family - and congrats to DGD on her win! I am sorry to hear of the ailing two you mentioned from church. Am praying for them - and the family of the gentleman, too. So heartbreaking!

Welcome back, Barb... I missed you!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-31-2015, 06:05 AM   #2951
SCS RAK Coordinator

I am going to deliver the orders this morning from my SU party and hope to be in my stamp room this afternoon. I did have a good meeting in Chicago and the traffic both ways was really not too bad. I was home by 5:00!

Have a Sweet Spring Day!
Old 03-31-2015, 07:55 AM   #2952
Quacker Stamper

I go back to the chiropractor today at 11 to get results of x-rays and see what, if anything, they can do to help my low back and neck. I'm not feeling so good though. Woke up with a scratchy throat AGAIN! Ugh! I've had a cup of tea with honey & lemon and just finished a Ricola throat lozenge. At least if I get sick I need to be over it by the 23rd before my trip to SLC and CA
Old 03-31-2015, 08:22 PM   #2953
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Maggie, do you have allergies? Hope your back is OK! I have issues with my back and my neck, and have to do alot of stretching and exercising. I got my desk at work ergonomically evaluated and it made a huge difference- plus, getting my schedule changed where I am not sitting so many days in a row really helps. Oh- will keep your friends in prayers.

Barb- can you believe I did NOT order during SAB? I think it is the first time ever....I have way too much stamping stuff..... SweetStamps just sent me a huge package... I need to use everything new at least once before I order more..... my new rule. Hope you got in your stamping room : ) I have a neighbor, Sue Brodie who is really into Basketball- played at Depaul- ever heard that name? You travel in some of the same circles.....

Jeanette-hoping you are getting a chance to catch a breath before you head out again!

Kristie- feel better!

Kelly- are you still on a cake high? You do eat cake on your Birthday, don't you?

So, what is everyone planning for Easter? Lots of church activities this week here, and a Spiral Ham on Sunday : )

Shelly
Old 03-31-2015, 09:15 PM   #2954
Mad Swapper

ARghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just typed up a big message and it all disappeared on me

We are planning to hibernate over Easter - church as we decide, and apart from that just rest and (for me) play in the studio. We seem to have been so busy recently, for us that is!

Shelly it's good to hear that your employer has accommodated your back issues as they have. You must be good and they don't want to loose you .

Maggie your back sounds a bit like mine - it's really swearing at me at the moment - got the x-ray results and there is arthritis and a couple of other things going on in my lumber spine.... not impressed!! and I guess you are not too.

Kristie it's good to hear you are improving - sinus infections are the pits!

Kel - hope you are still surviving - did you enjoy the spring break?

Darlene we are missing you {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Barb sounds as though you are really enjoying the baseball season.

Jeanette - I hope you get some down time over Easter to catch your breath - although I know that as a pastor's family life is busy then. Is Brock still enamoured of his supervisor??

Waving from a lovely sunny 'down under' - after a rainy spell earlier in the week we have a series of warm days forecast, which is ripening the sweet corn beautifully (it was late in) and the grapes are sweetening up too
Old 04-01-2015, 06:20 AM   #2955
SCS RAK Coordinator

We are to be in the 70's today--YAY!!!!!!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be Fooled!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:20 AM   #2956
SCS RAK Coordinator

Shelly--that name does sound a bit familiar. I loved all of the SAB items, so it was great to be the hostess in March!
Old 04-01-2015, 06:33 AM   #2957
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning - Happy First day of Passover, if you celebrate!

I'm so far behind! Life is just on overdrive - I'm wearing way too many hats and have way too many commitments - need to find the reverse shift!

Maxine, I pray Lydia is improving and doesn't mind being in the buggy Spring Break wasn't so good, lol -- it was probably one of the worst we've ever had (flu bug!) and I'm still slightly yucky as well but no time to stop! I have an apt on Friday to see what's going on w/ this sinus thing I'm lingering with. But the bright side is, as sick as my son was, he didn't miss a day of school which would have been disasterous. We will make it up to him another time!

Waving hi to all!

Old 04-01-2015, 06:34 AM   #2958

Maggie, I'm sorry you're feeling poorly - again! I can actually feel your pain. I'm dealing with allergies (dratted Easter lilies!) so I, too have scratchy/sore throat, along with sore eyes and and headache. Our church will have the Easter lilies on display for a few weeks - wish they'd take them down right after Easter. But they are pretty!

Shelly, I didn't buy anything during SU's SAB either. Time got away from me.

Barb, YAY for hostessing and getting lots of SAB items! BTW, I love your April Fools' image!

Waving at everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-01-2015, 06:36 AM   #2959

Oh Kelly... I just saw your post.... cute image!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-01-2015, 08:25 AM   #2960
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Maggie, do you have allergies? Hope your back is OK! I have issues with my back and my neck, and have to do alot of stretching and exercising. I got my desk at work ergonomically evaluated and it made a huge difference- plus, getting my schedule changed where I am not sitting so many days in a row really helps. Oh- will keep your friends in prayers.

Barb- can you believe I did NOT order during SAB? I think it is the first time ever....I have way too much stamping stuff..... SweetStamps just sent me a huge package... I need to use everything new at least once before I order more..... my new rule. Hope you got in your stamping room : ) I have a neighbor, Sue Brodie who is really into Basketball- played at Depaul- ever heard that name? You travel in some of the same circles.....

Jeanette-hoping you are getting a chance to catch a breath before you head out again!

Kristie- feel better!

Kelly- are you still on a cake high? You do eat cake on your Birthday, don't you?

So, what is everyone planning for Easter? Lots of church activities this week here, and a Spiral Ham on Sunday : )

Shelly
I never thought I had outside allergies. I am allergic to some medicines, but I've never been tested for anything. I take a Zyrtec every night. Not sure what it does except help me sleep.

I didn't order anything from SAB either and have gotten that little e-mail from SU saying I needed to get to my minimum or else! Well, there's just nothing that I'm really interested in except maybe paper and <EEEK> I have so much paper now I don't know what I'm going to do with it all. Besides, I really like 6 x 6 or 8 x 8 now. I wish SU would offer their papers in a 6x 6 also.

My sis is having Easter dinner at her house and everyone will bring something. I plan to go unless I'm not well by then, but hopefully will be. I stayed at home today to doctor my sore throat (more than scratchy) and had a low grade fever this morning.