Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-18-2015, 06:26 AM   #2881
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning. My second quilt class was fun and I even get to use my seam ripper for an entire strip . Too many things to do today, so this will be a short visit to SCS. Have a Great One!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:02 PM   #2882
Quacker Stamper

Tried to get on earlier, but the thread wouldn't come up. Weird. Not much going on. Boss is doing 1/2 day mediation and he didn't get in until 11:30 so it's been pretty quiet. I'm working on closing files, which means a lot of scanning.

Yesterday we had a chair massage person come and give free massages! They are affiliated with a chiropractic office and were also offering a free initial consultation with the chiro including x-rays if needed for anyone who wanted to sign up. I signed up for an appointment on March 30. It's free so it can't hurt and if he finds anything, at least my medical for the rest of the year is covered, so I won't worry about making any payments.

I was soooooooo perturbed last night. I wanted to get my OSAAT card done and had the image all colored and took forever to find a die that I could use to cut it out and then as I was cutting, somehow the die slipped and ended up cutting off the toe of one of the feet! By that time it was almost 10 so I left it. I need to figure out if I can paste them together and fussy cut the image out and make the card or whether I have to do the whole image all over again. Ugh!

Reading a new book for book club next month. It's the Orphan Train. A few of us have been wanting to read it, so it was a good choice (suggested by me). Glad that the others want to read it too.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 03-18-2015, 12:03 PM   #2883
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Whopee - I have just received some blog candy from Shelly - so exciting and a wonderful surprise - love it!!!!! Thank you so much Shelly. Looking forward to getting the stamps inky - hopefully this afternoon

Ex tropical cyclone Pam was a fizzer here - got a bit of wind and some rain, but nothing out of the ordinary for this time of year. In some ways I am thankful - and really feel for the people of Vanuatu who have nothing - no homes, no crops for income, and no materials to rebuild with as all the trees have been flattened.

Waving at you all - St Paddy's day passed here with the usual non-observance by us, but there were 'events' in the bigger cities.

Waving green waves for you who are in the middle of it
So glad that cyclone didn't come near you. It created such devastation where it hit. I feel so sorry for them.

I don't much observe St. Patrick's Day either although I did wear green yesterday.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:05 PM   #2884
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Happy St Patrick's Day! Yippee- I am 3/4 Irish- Dad is 100%! I just finished Corned Beef and Cabbage for dinner : ) I make it every year- it was quite tasty too. I always run some to the neighbor's as well. We will have plenty of left overs as well.
I either have allergy issues, or a cold. Hubby is wheezing still, but finally went and got a steroid inhaler yesterday.

Maxine glad to hear the candy arrived safely. I bet it smelled great from the dryer sheets : ) How do you keep static out of your clothes you put in the dryer?

Waving hi to all- I was able to blog hop finally- this is such a talented group!

Hoping all is well with Jim, Lynn- praying!
Shelly
I saw a DIY on the dryer sheets on the news this morning. Put a few drops of a nice essential oil on a wash cloth and through it into the dryer with your clothes. I haven't tried this, but it's supposed to work and will make your clothes smell nice too.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:32 AM   #2885
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I hope you have a Terrific Thursday. I will spend the entire day in the stamp room with the TV on to the high school boys basketball state tournament as well as the NCAA games. I love this time of year! Go Badgers--they play tomorrow!
Old 03-19-2015, 07:01 AM   #2886
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, all!

Just saw my dd off to the airport to catch a flight to Nashville for Spring Break - heading there with about 16 of her other Senior Friends. THey have a super fun itinerary planned and will be gone from today til next week - in fact, just got a text that they are landing soon! It should be a rip-roaring time and she could use the de-stressor from all this college stuff!

I'm sooooooooooo glad it's Spring Break, starting tomorrow! I'm absolutely exhausted -- I need to catch up on my sleep, crafting, cards, etc! I told my kids we are going to veg - lol, and that I need a break. Yeah, til like the first day of SB and we'll be somewhere .... LOL!

Happy day, all!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:33 AM   #2887
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Good Morning, all!

Just saw my dd off to the airport to catch a flight to Nashville for Spring Break - heading there with about 16 of her other Senior Friends. THey have a super fun itinerary planned and will be gone from today til next week - in fact, just got a text that they are landing soon! It should be a rip-roaring time and she could use the de-stressor from all this college stuff!

I'm sooooooooooo glad it's Spring Break, starting tomorrow! I'm absolutely exhausted -- I need to catch up on my sleep, crafting, cards, etc! I told my kids we are going to veg - lol, and that I need a break. Yeah, til like the first day of SB and we'll be somewhere .... LOL!

Happy day, all!
I hope she has a fun time!

My DGD and some friends are driving over the Louisiana at some point, not sure when exactly, for a Taylor Swift concert. They bought the tickets before they found out that she'll be coming to Houston. My DD is a little worried about the girls driving over there, but what can she do. They are all adults - out of HS and on their own so to speak. Can't tell her what to do, but she'll still worry about her (and wish she was there at the concert also).

You are always so busy Kelly. I hope you do take some time for yourself to craft or whatever makes you happy! You need some downtime or you're goiong to burn out!
Old 03-19-2015, 08:34 AM   #2888
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning--I hope you have a Terrific Thursday. I will spend the entire day in the stamp room with the TV on to the high school boys basketball state tournament as well as the NCAA games. I love this time of year! Go Badgers--they play tomorrow!
Sounds like my kind of day, well, except maybe for watching all that basketball. Don't get me wrong, I do like to watch BB, but I don't think I could do that all day. Have fun crafting.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:46 AM   #2889
Pearl-ExPert

Another quick check in. Sorry I haven't been over here to catch up on the latest news or been by your blog.
Jim is still in the hospital and I'm still running back and worth daily to the city. He got over the ulcer part, then the oxygen was too low to let him come home. Now he's having irregular heart beats - A-fib - so he's still there. Trying to get that under control and also get our insurance to get off their butt and ok for the oxygen to come home with him. On top of it all - and I'm sure from just being run-down and exhausted - I'm sick with bronchitis and the super crud. Stayed home today to get to the doc for meds.

I'm ok just so very tired.
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #2890
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Another quick check in. Sorry I haven't been over here to catch up on the latest news or been by your blog.
Jim is still in the hospital and I'm still running back and worth daily to the city. He got over the ulcer part, then the oxygen was too low to let him come home. Now he's having irregular heart beats - A-fib - so he's still there. Trying to get that under control and also get our insurance to get off their butt and ok for the oxygen to come home with him. On top of it all - and I'm sure from just being run-down and exhausted - I'm sick with bronchitis and the super crud. Stayed home today to get to the doc for meds.

I'm ok just so very tired.
Sorry to hear that Jim is still in the hospital. Sending up more prayers for him and you and hope he'll be able to come home soon. You need to stay well. I hope the doc gives you some good meds.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:59 PM   #2891
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Lynn....when it rains, it pours! So sorry for your troubles! A-fin stinks! Are they putting Jim on blood thinners? I sure hope you feel better and take care of yourself : )

Barb- enjoy the B-ball! A neighbor posted on FB she went to ND today to watch Depaul- where she is in the Hall of fame of woman's B-ball. I am assuming you are talking girls B-ball, right?

Maggie- have a fun weekend! I read the Orphan Train a while back- it was a quick read if I am thinking of the same book. We have some Irish ancestors that supposedly came here and were put on the orphan train.......

Had a haircut today and had friends over for dinner- it is chilly out, but OK weather for the grill- so we put Salmon on the grill : ) Tomorrow, there is a morning retreat starting at 8AM at church....going to have to get to bed soon, then Sunday AM working with the refugees teaching ESL. Then heading to my eldest sisters home 1 1/2 hours away for a baby shower, then going to a wake on the way home. (Will have to make a card tomorrow).

Hope you all have a fab weekend!
Shelly
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:18 PM   #2892
Mad Swapper

Drama galore today - DGD broke her right tibia and fibula - clean break straight across just below the knee. Very nasty for a nearly five year old. Prayers appreciated for all as we are tired after looking after DGS during the afternoon while the others were at the hospital. We also have an afternoon tea planned for tomorrow for DH's birthday.... Never rains but it pours.....
Old 03-20-2015, 10:20 PM   #2893
Mad Swapper

Shelly you sound as busy as Kelly... Enjoy your weekend
Old 03-21-2015, 06:49 AM   #2894
Insane Embellisher

Just a quick hello. Busy day here and I woke up with a horrible headache. My nephew will be 3 on Monday and tonight is a small family party for him. I need to get his card made and presents wrapped. I still need to start cleaning the house too. I do have some good news...I have been incredibly stressed out with work the last few months. We had very good news yesterday so I don't need to stress out (about that at least, there always seems to be something!)

I will be back tomorrow to catch up on the thread and blogs in between that cleaning and going to visit Mike's sister. Her bday was Tuesday.

Have a great weekend!
Old 03-21-2015, 12:52 PM   #2895
SCS RAK Coordinator

How About You?!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:55 PM   #2896
SCS RAK Coordinator

Shelly-I watch both men's and women's basketball. The Badgers did win last night. UW-Stevens Point, my alma mater where I too played basketball, is right now playing in the men's final four. They are playing Augustana, located in Illinois, where my roomie's nephew played and is in their hall of fame. A dinner and drinks bet is on the game!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:27 PM   #2897
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh Lynn....when it rains, it pours! So sorry for your troubles! A-fin stinks! Are they putting Jim on blood thinners? I sure hope you feel better and take care of yourself : )

Barb- enjoy the B-ball! A neighbor posted on FB she went to ND today to watch Depaul- where she is in the Hall of fame of woman's B-ball. I am assuming you are talking girls B-ball, right?

Maggie- have a fun weekend! I read the Orphan Train a while back- it was a quick read if I am thinking of the same book. We have some Irish ancestors that supposedly came here and waere put on the orphan train.......

Had a haircut today and had friends over for dinner- it is chilly out, but OK weather for the grill- so we put Salmon on the grill : ) Tomorrow, there is a morning retreat starting at 8AM at church....going to have to get to bed soon, then Sunday AM working with the refugees teaching ESL. Then heading to my eldest sisters home 1 1/2 hours away for a baby shower, then going to a wake on the way home. (Will have to make a card tomorrow).

Hope you all have a fab weekend!
Shelly
You have sure got a busy weekend planned. That is kinda strange - going from a baby shower (new birth) to a wake (death). I take it that it's not your eldest sister that is having the baby, just having the shower at her home?
Old 03-21-2015, 02:28 PM   #2898
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Drama galore today - DGD broke her right tibia and fibula - clean break straight across just below the knee. Very nasty for a nearly five year old. Prayers appreciated for all as we are tired after looking after DGS during the afternoon while the others were at the hospital. We also have an afternoon tea planned for tomorrow for DH's birthday.... Never rains but it pours.....
Sorry for the poor little tyke. How did she do that? Of course, sending up prayers for her and yes for you too. The afternoon tea sounds really nice. Is that just for family or have you invited friends over also?
Old 03-21-2015, 02:30 PM   #2899
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Just a quick hello. Busy day here and I woke up with a horrible headache. My nephew will be 3 on Monday and tonight is a small family party for him. I need to get his card made and presents wrapped. I still need to start cleaning the house too. I do have some good news...I have been incredibly stressed out with work the last few months. We had very good news yesterday so I don't need to stress out (about that at least, there always seems to be something!)

I will be back tomorrow to catch up on the thread and blogs in between that cleaning and going to visit Mike's sister. Her bday was Tuesday.

Have a great weekend!
Sorry about your headache. I hope it has cleared up by now.

So what's the good news???? Sounds like a lot of birthdays this month.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:31 PM   #2900
Quacker Stamper

We've had rain for most of the day, at one point it was coming down pretty hard. I'm so glad I went to the grocery store last night so I could stay in today and not have to go anywhere. I've been working on some household projects. The first thing I did that took me 2 hours was to put together a new shelving unit for all my DVD's. The one I had was smaller and they didn't all fit and since it was narrow, I had 2 rows, so I couldn't see all of them at the same time. Because of that I have 2 of 2 different movies. Now I can see what movies in a series I'm missing too, so I can order them.

I got a new supply of Personal Trainer food today. Glad I w home so the Fed Ex guy could slip it into the house. It's very heavy and hard to maneuvere. I had to clean up the freezers a bit first so I could make room for this stuff and put the older stuff on top to use up first. I can also get $125 my next order if I order within 90 days, which is no problem. What I paid this time turned out to be $4.98 per meal of chicken and veggies.

Also working some out in the workroom in the garage trying to get it all cleaned up and things put up out of the way that I need to keep so I can move my stamping tools out there - Vagabond, Cameo, Cricut, Cuttlebug. I really hope it will work to have them out there instead of in the house. I know it gets hot in the summer, but I can put a fan out there and there is a window if I want to open it. In the winter, I figure I can use my space heaters. And I won't be out there long at a time. Just to cut something or emboss. Gotta get back to it and get some laundry started.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:42 PM   #2901
Proud Fan Club Member

Dropping in for a quick hello- busy day, but was fun and quick moving! I went to a great retreat at church and then got a little shopping done- for the shower tomorrow..... a little last minute.....

Oh Maggie- I cannot imagine crafting out on the garage.... but you do not live in the really cold winter weather area I suppose..... Our garage lighting is not that great.

I am, surprisingly, of to bed already. Full day tomorrow. Yes Maggie, a baby shower and then a wake.... My friend's Mom was 87- same age of my Dad..... She is lucky- off to meet the creator! I know many members of the family- sad to loose your Mom regardless of age : (

Anyway, hope you are all having a great weekend!

Shelly
Old 03-22-2015, 09:01 AM   #2902
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Sunday Morning!
Old 03-22-2015, 10:32 AM   #2903
Pearl-ExPert

We're finally home from the hospital. Jim came home yesterday and is just super, super weak. He's on oxygen all the time but can't walk more than about 10 feet before having to sit down. He has a walker with a seat in it so that's helping. I'm afraid it's going to be a while before I'll be able to make any cards or comment. Shelly, I really don't think he's on a blood thinner. He's having to take about 6 different meds right now though so one of them could help with that. I'll be going over all the meds with our primary on Tuesday.

Of course the last thing the doctor told him was No Salt! You might as well shoot Jim when you tell him that! LOL! He said he'll try but I can already tell you it isn't going to happen. Going to get some salt substitute as soon as I can get to town this week. I haven't been using it at all in my cooking for several years but even when I did, he dumped more on his food. Now he really dumps it on there! Wish me luck on getting him to stop this one.

Maxine, I'm SOOO sorry about your granddaughter and the break! I know exactly what the parents are going though as the same thing happened to my daughter when she was 5 years old too. She broke hers at the top of her leg (whatever that one is) right below her hip. It's not a fun thing to have to deal with at all! She'll be fine I sure but it'll take a while. Hugs!
Old 03-22-2015, 12:02 PM   #2904
Mad Swapper

Oh Lynn, I hear you about Jim and the salt..... Same here!! DH would think I was trying to kill him too . I have not cooked with salt almost all our married life.... Remember to take care of yourself through all this.

The afternoon tea was a great success - it was fine warm day so we had the doors open to the deck and some folk were out there too, and the wee boys were in and out once they had eaten. Lydia was enthroned on the couch with plenty of adult attention. DH enjoyed his day, which ended with dinner at our Son and DIL's home.

Lydia is coping very well at this point, but once there is no Kindy I am sure she will get scratchy.

I made a card for DH on Friday afternoon. It eventually looked ok, but it took all the time I had and nearly every element on it was done at least twice and the bin received lots of stuff!!

Waving and sending hugs to you all.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:04 PM   #2905
Mad Swapper

Here is a photo of Lydia with her plaster just on, taken at the hospital.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:29 PM   #2906
Insane Embellisher

Aw Maxine, poor Lydia! She looks like a trooper though. How long will she be in the cast for? I'm glad your DH had a good birthday!

Lynn - I'm glad Jim is home! I hope he is able to rest and recuperate. Good luck with helping him give up salt! My husband puts salt on everything. I try to not use it as much as I used to. I'll be thinking of you both as you transition to a new lifestyle.

Maggie - Without going into too much detail on a public forum, our office is safe for now. There was some speculation there would be some big changes.

It was another busy day for us. Cleaning this morning, ran some errands, visited with SIL & MIL and then I returned stuff and shopped at Kohls while Mike and the dog napped in the car lol. I didn't plan on spending an hour in there but it was pretty busy and lots of stuff to look at. More cleaning tonight and one of our fave shows, Guy's Grocery Games. I did visit a few blogs earlier and will continue to catch up through the week in between more cleaning. Yes, I spent the last few months in a fog and now need to play catch up before my friend visits!
Old 03-22-2015, 08:13 PM   #2907
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Nurse Lynn- Oh boy- Jim has been thru a wild week, as have you! Will keep you both in prayers : ) I do not use salt when I cook, and we rarely have it on the table. We do keep salt in the house for guests. It cracks me up when Ray's brother comes here- he salts before he even tastes!

Oh Maxine- your poor darling G-daughter! Hope she has little or no pain and a quick recovery! My son broke both of the bones in his lower leg when he was 4..... He had a purple cast.....and it did get itchy as the time went on! Oh, afternoon tea sounds great- what kind of tea do you serve?

Kristi- I have never heard of that show.... Hope your cleaning is going along well! Hope things work out smoothly in your office as well.

The baby shower was well attended- about 45 people there and TONS of gifts! Wow they have another shower next week too. It was snowing a bit, but the snow was not really accumulating. Luckiny, the roads were not slick, as the shower was 1 1/2 hrs away, and hour to the wake and another 40 minutes home......

I am hoping to get some of my supplies moved upstairs this week.

Oh- My Dad had a fantastic birthday- he got lots of cards from all over - 10 or 12 so far, and an edible arrangement, flowers and lots of calls from family. People they know from church have been so wonderful to them! It was realy awesome.

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Old 03-23-2015, 07:25 AM   #2908
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, poor Lydia - my word she is a doll! Gorgeous baby girl you've got there -- and I'm so sorry for her leg break. Children are resilient and heal fast so that's a blessing!

Jim on the other hand - poor man! I hope you are able to breath a bit, Lynn!

Waving to all - not sure if you've seen my blog post, but the flu hit my house Friday. It's DAY 4! I've not seen a virus this compacted in a long while. I'm bleaching the house top to bottom, going thru Lysol, and keeping poor Victoria on the other side of the house from her brother! So far, it's just him ......... crossing fingers.

Hugs!
Old 03-23-2015, 08:08 AM   #2909
SCS RAK Coordinator

We have snow on the ground this morning and it is still snowing. We might get a couple of inches, and I am sure the robins and tulips that are poking out of the ground are not liking this at all!!!!!

I am off to swap out the WS/PB cards and hope to get to the Post Office today. I also need to make a couple of DT cards and then I have some "homework" to do from my quilting class--sewing some squares and cutting more out. I really like it and I am thinking it might be my new addiction!

Have a great day--even if it is a Monday!
Old 03-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #2910
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Dropping in for a quick hello- busy day, but was fun and quick moving! I went to a great retreat at church and then got a little shopping done- for the shower tomorrow..... a little last minute.....

Oh Maggie- I cannot imagine crafting out on the garage.... but you do not live in the really cold winter weather area I suppose..... Our garage lighting is not that great.

I am, surprisingly, of to bed already. Full day tomorrow. Yes Maggie, a baby shower and then a wake.... My friend's Mom was 87- same age of my Dad..... She is lucky- off to meet the creator! I know many members of the family- sad to loose your Mom regardless of age : (

Anyway, hope you are all having a great weekend!

Shelly
Oh, I won't be "crafting" out in the garage - just going out there to emboss or cut something that doesn't take 5 minutes to do, so it won't be so bad. I still have my crafting room in my house, but there just isn't enough space to set up all my machines and be able to use them.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:41 PM   #2911
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
We're finally home from the hospital. Jim came home yesterday and is just super, super weak. He's on oxygen all the time but can't walk more than about 10 feet before having to sit down. He has a walker with a seat in it so that's helping. I'm afraid it's going to be a while before I'll be able to make any cards or comment. Shelly, I really don't think he's on a blood thinner. He's having to take about 6 different meds right now though so one of them could help with that. I'll be going over all the meds with our primary on Tuesday.

Of course the last thing the doctor told him was No Salt! You might as well shoot Jim when you tell him that! LOL! He said he'll try but I can already tell you it isn't going to happen. Going to get some salt substitute as soon as I can get to town this week. I haven't been using it at all in my cooking for several years but even when I did, he dumped more on his food. Now he really dumps it on there! Wish me luck on getting him to stop this one.

Maxine, I'm SOOO sorry about your granddaughter and the break! I know exactly what the parents are going though as the same thing happened to my daughter when she was 5 years old too. She broke hers at the top of her leg (whatever that one is) right below her hip. It's not a fun thing to have to deal with at all! She'll be fine I sure but it'll take a while. Hugs!
Glad to hear that Jim is home. Why not try some fresh or dried spices on things instead of salt. That will give him flavor and maybe he won't miss the salt. I used to use Spike a lot. I only use a dash of salt now and then for my oatmeal. I rarely use it when I cook.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:44 PM   #2912
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh Lynn, I hear you about Jim and the salt..... Same here!! DH would think I was trying to kill him too . I have not cooked with salt almost all our married life.... Remember to take care of yourself through all this.

The afternoon tea was a great success - it was fine warm day so we had the doors open to the deck and some folk were out there too, and the wee boys were in and out once they had eaten. Lydia was enthroned on the couch with plenty of adult attention. DH enjoyed his day, which ended with dinner at our Son and DIL's home.

Lydia is coping very well at this point, but once there is no Kindy I am sure she will get scratchy.

I made a card for DH on Friday afternoon. It eventually looked ok, but it took all the time I had and nearly every element on it was done at least twice and the bin received lots of stuff!!

Waving and sending hugs to you all.
Poor Lydia, she looks so uncomfortable. Is there anyway that she can get around or is she laid up for the foreseeable future?

Glad the tea and dinner went well. Ugh! I have issues like that too with cards. In fact the Cowboy one I just did for OSAAT, I actually cut the right boot foot off a little bit. Rather than do it all over again, I was able to tape it on the backside so you can hardly tell that it had been cut. It went right back together.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:54 PM   #2913
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Haha Maggie - smart girl if I know I'm not going to mail a card and it's for the blog only, I've cut a few corners! Corners you can't see! Lol
Old 03-24-2015, 12:17 AM   #2914
Mad Swapper

Oh yes - I have added embellishments to cover smudges and literal cut corners .

Lydia is doing well - she is now "bum shuffling" around the house. As they did not get to sell their buggy before they left Auckland, and it has now been hauled out and she is enjoying it, although she was not happy about the thought of it initially!! I did some fast talking about her Poppa having to use a wheelchair when he broke his leg, and that made it o.k.

She goes into a fibreglass cast next week, and then there are another four weeks immobilised. She has been given some gifts to help keep her occupied, and made a kitset (flat) teddy bear today in just over an hour!! Too clever for her mother's liking, she had hoped it would take longer!

Kelly I so hope the flu is confined to just the one patient in your house!!

Kristie it sounds as though your work situation has been stressful - glad to know the tension has eased.

Shelly it's always good to see you here - how are your parents keeping? It was good to hear that your Dad's birthday went well.

I see Jeanette is back and has blogged again - looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Barb it sound as though you are in sports heaven at the moment .

Lynn I hope for your sake Jim behaves himself - you won't be doing any more house renovations for a while by the sound of it!! Hope the garden doesn't suffer too much from this period of neglect....

Anybody seen Darlene of late??

Waving to you all
Old 03-24-2015, 07:36 AM   #2915
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all! -- nice to see your happy smiling face today, Maxine! Glad Lydia is managing a little better - and LOL on the buggy & wheelchair - clever!
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:33 AM   #2916
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Yikes! I've been so far behind since I returned home that I couldn't seem to get to the computer and SCS. I've missed all of you!

I haven't blogged or anything since I got home - the blog posts you've seen on my blog were all scheduled before I left.

And I haven't read the thread to catch up - so if I missed anything please let me know!

I leave again in 2 days - and we'll be having revival services at our church when I get home - which is always way too busy! This time the evangelist is my DH's best friend!

How's everybody doing????????????

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 03-25-2015, 06:57 AM   #2917
SCS RAK Coordinator

YAY--Jeanette is home--at least for a bit and Smoochie made a visit too! Off to get some quilting supplies and get some errands done too. Will try to check in later. It too has been a busy week at home, so little time online.............................
Old 03-25-2015, 07:15 AM   #2918
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Smoochy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, Barb! You remembered how much I Smoochy!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 03-25-2015, 09:06 PM   #2919
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hi ladies : ) I was in bed by 11PM last night and overslept for my 9AM piano lesson today .....I am not sure why I slept so much- hope I am not coming down with anything!

Kelly, are you keeping your flu germs confined to one side of the house?

Maxine- yes, clever way to get your little one in the stroller! I had a chance to browse strollers for a baby shower this weekend- the new Mom asked for one that was $500! And, the nursery monitors are video's now......Heavens I am out of touch!

Barb- would love a peek at what you are quilting. Sounds like fun picking out fabrics and a pattern too. I got my machine back and it was only $99.00 for fix- yeah! Are you in a pool for March Madness? Did you win your roomie bet?

Maggie- I hate it when that happens- glad you were able to save that card- and were able to still use it for the challenge. I have never heard of Spike seasoning....

Jeanette- well, I think you are winning the award for busiest lately...! I look forward to hearing about your Alaskan visit.

Lynn- hoping no news is good news- hope Jim's appt with primary doc went well.....

Thanks again if you happened to send a card to my Dad- he rec'd more cards than people replied to me- so I do not know who else sent him cards- it was a fab day- tired them both out with people stopping by to say hello. My brother is there now (from the Boston area) thankfully. He is a blast and there is always great topics of conversation. They really need help in the house and are kind of dragging their feet. The had Visiting Angels come by, and have an appt for GodSent to stop by- they do whatever you ask of them- cleaning, driving to doc or errands, etc..... They charge by the hour with a min. of 2 hours a visit. BUT, if anything happens to either of them, they will have to either hire someone or move........ Could be any day or could be a year, who knows...... (Thanks for asking Jeanette)

I saw a Pulled Pork recipe on Pintrest- new to me- Pork Butt Roast and Root Beer in a crock pot. Pour out the liquid and add your fav BBQ sauce...... It was very filling and delicious (and sweet too). I found a butt roast a few weeks ago for $1.00 a pound......so it was very reasonable- and huge- will bring some to a neighbor that just had a 3 lever back surgery.

Waving hello to everyone else : )

Shelly
Old 03-26-2015, 06:05 AM   #2920
SCS RAK Coordinator

Shelly--I will post a picture of the table runner I am making in a few days. We need to have the top done by our next class Tuesday night, so I will be working on that tomorrow. It sure is fun!

Roomie and I each have a March Madness bracket that we "compete" against each other. I have three teams left of the Final Four, so I am OK. We then combine those brackets and have dinner bet against two friends. We are currently tied with them--and that is a strange thing--but the games this weekend will probably be good for one pair and not the other. We have won the dinner bet the last two years, so this might be the year they win. We have gone out to eat at a old fashioned supper club type place--the one where they still put a relish tray on your table--olives, carrots, pickles, etc.

The Badgers play tonight--so Go Big Red!!!!!!