Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-11-2015, 07:33 PM   #2841
Insane Embellisher

Sending prayers, Lynn. Please update us when you can. Hugs!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-11-2015, 08:02 PM   #2842
Mad Swapper

Oh Lynn - how scary - will be praying for you and Jim.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:38 AM   #2843
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn - praying for you and Jim!!!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 03-12-2015, 07:38 PM   #2844
Watercolor Wizard

lynn - sending tons of hugs and prayers your way. hope they figure out what's wrong and it's nothing serious.

kelly - so lucky you were able to sell everything at once! i need to do a thorough cleanout and purge in here. the mess has overwhelmed me and i've lost my mojo.

saying hello to everyone else. one of these days my life will be in order again.

the quarter ends tomorrow for the kids' school and of course at least one kid is needing to catch up on work. my oldest (the 11-yo tween!!) is having a complete mental breakdown because he's so stressed out on finishing his online math assignments - i am trying really, really hard to do the tough love thing because we've been through this before with him and he just hasn't learned. i try to stay on top of them throughout the quarter but if it's only me doing the schoolwork thing plus everything else needed to get the kids, pets, and house operating on a normal level with the baby in one hand it's overwhelming to say the least. thank goodness there's no sports or extracurriculars to chauffeur them to on top of it. been feeling like a single mom this past month and on the verge of a breakdown myself. definitely looking forward to spring break next week and hubby being on vacation to help out. i don't know how some of you do it!!
Old 03-12-2015, 09:01 PM   #2845
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello to all- sounds like a wild week for many!

Kel- awww, the youngest does grow up on the hip and learns so much from the older kids- enjoy them while they are young, even though it is so busy! Am I correct, you have all boys??? Enjoy Spring Break! How is Grandma doing?

Kelly- Yikes- I think you would crash if you were not going at top speed- and sleep for a day or two- what do you think? Kudo's on selling all of those stamps so quickly- and how cool one person wanted all of it- yeah! I have been procrastinating going through mine- I do not think I could get rid of so many of them......

Maggie- Oh no about the computer.....Hope it all gets straightened out quickly!

Maxine- what a day you both had! Glad it is over with and hope hubby does not have too much pain : ) Hope you get time to get some crafting- got your Blog candy out to you on Wednesday, and since you are doing lots of techniques, I added in a piece of waxed paper and some used dryer sheets : ) I know you cannot get those in the UK.....

Lynn- Yikes- please keep us posted! Will keep Jim in prayers for a quick recovery, and you in prayers for patience. And, how is the Rambo? How did your Holtor report come out?

Barb- have a great weekend. You have so much fun!

Jeanette- safe travels!

Kristie- are you keeping healthy with the weather? And, you are sure getting lots of paper crafting done- wahoo!

Hi Darlene!

Have a good week everyone! Working tomorrow, so need to get to bed!
Shelly
mschoener likes this post.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:56 PM   #2846
Mad Swapper

Oh Kel what a busy time you are having - just remember, this to shall pass - and looking back it will seem it did so in the blink of an eye, but when you are in the middle of it.... glad to hear DH will be with you next week.

Hope you have slept well Shelly Thank you for the drier sheets, I have always wondered about them - and I live in NZ, not UK - thankfully

Hope we hear from you soon Lynn, and with good news - still praying for you and Jim.

Kelly I hope you have had a chance to get a coffee and have a break, somewhere in your mad dashes to and fro!

Kristie how are you doing? - hope you have had a good week.

DH is doing well - the eyelids are nearly back to normal size and colour - he looked as though he had been through the back end of a boxing match and come off worst at one point!! I haven't had much craft time at this point - hopefully over the weekend and during the rain early next week when the ex-tropical cyclone hits - we will get rain and some wind, but being well inland will not get the worst of it by any means.

Waving to you all
Old 03-12-2015, 11:59 PM   #2847
Mad Swapper

Blogger is also being a pain and not letting me comment when the comment box comes up separately - anybody else having problems??
Old 03-13-2015, 06:28 AM   #2848
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Dashing through -- taking dd to the pediatrican as she had a major reaction to something during the night - she's beat red ,full of bumps and sore from head to toe ... we think it's a reaction to her thyroid medicine she took but not sure. Hoping it's not another hospitalization. Those bills just started rolling in

Hoped to see an update on Jim??????????
And how is your dh, Maxine??

We need some healing vibes in here!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs!
Old 03-13-2015, 08:04 AM   #2849
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
I know this is going to be short and sweet but just wanted to let y'all know why I haven't been around. Jim started throwing up blood on Monday and after two 911 calls and trips to the local hospital - and them sending him home 3 hours later both times saying he was fine - I called again this morning. He was transferred to the hospital in the city and stabilized. They'll be running an endoscopy in the morning to see if they can find out where it's going from. I'll let everyone know as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you pray, please say one for us.
Sorry I didn't post about this the other day but have been busy here and at home. I sure hope they were able to finally figure out what was going on with Jim. Does he have an ulcer? Certainly have been sending up prayers for you guys. I hope it's nothing serious that some good meds can't fix.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 03-13-2015, 08:08 AM   #2850
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi Girls - it's been an hectic 48 hours , but it's calming down now, thankfully.

We left in good time for Hamilton yesterday and arrived at the hospital about 30 minutes early as the traffic in the city was flowing freely. We reported to the theatre suite, only to find about an hour later that DH was not scheduled until mid afternoon .

I went and had a coffee at the cafe and hour or so later, and got back to find DH had had his first session of the processing.... as it turned out there was someone who did not turn up and he got into surgery at 1:00 p.m. I eventually got to see him about 3:15, and we left the hospital about 4:00 p.m., and home about 5:30, as we stopped for an ice cream part way home.

Turns out the surgeon had decided to work on both eyes... he corrected the bungle that was made last year, as well as working on the other eye to balance them out. He also removed a skin cancer on his neck. He looks as though he has been in a fight with two black eyes!!.

Thankfully we have the pain under control now and he is reasonably comfortable, and the swelling is starting to go down - there are loads of stitches, and I don't envy him getting them out next week!

Today has been busy catching up on housework and things and keeping DH happy, oh, and I had a good book too .

Maggie that is weird about your laptop and printer not communicating .

I had better go and finish the blog post I started yesterday.... waving to you all
Sorry that you guys had to wait until the afternoon to get the surgery done, but sounds like it all went well with both eyes being fixed and the skin cancer. Modern medicine is truly a blessing for all of us. I hope DH is feeling much better today.

It was weird. I think somehow the driver got messed up so it wasn't recognizing the printer. I ended up doing everything that our IT guy here at work told me could be the problem - reinstalled the drivers, unplugged the gateway and plugged it back in and then uninstalled the printer and then reinstalled it. It still didn't work until I rebooted the computer and it was all fixed. I worried over this quite a bit longer than it took to actually fix the thing. Glad I didn't have to spend $250 for the Geek Squad to come do it. I'm going to pay myself that $250.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:09 AM   #2851
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Maxine, your poor dh! Praying the swelling goes down and glad the Dr's were so diligent in his care w/ eyes and the cancer spot removal - here's to a swift and easy recovery!

Maggie, I did take pictures - it gives you the option to list w/ description and photos so that's what I did. Not each individual set, just I took a couple of the "lot" as a whole and said if they want names of each set, email me but no one did - they just said give me them ALL! I hope your boots sell quickly

Off to finish this disaster of a house!
x0
I need to take some time this weekend to figure that all out and see what I can do.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:10 AM   #2852
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
I do have a picture or two and will try to find them. I would not call it a win as we paid a nice price for the week, probably more than the actual value. But, it was a donation to the HSJC!
Looking forward to seeing the photos.

Yes, I guess with it being an auction, you do pay for it, but I'm sure it will be worth it.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:13 AM   #2853
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
lynn - sending tons of hugs and prayers your way. hope they figure out what's wrong and it's nothing serious.

kelly - so lucky you were able to sell everything at once! i need to do a thorough cleanout and purge in here. the mess has overwhelmed me and i've lost my mojo.

saying hello to everyone else. one of these days my life will be in order again.

the quarter ends tomorrow for the kids' school and of course at least one kid is needing to catch up on work. my oldest (the 11-yo tween!!) is having a complete mental breakdown because he's so stressed out on finishing his online math assignments - i am trying really, really hard to do the tough love thing because we've been through this before with him and he just hasn't learned. i try to stay on top of them throughout the quarter but if it's only me doing the schoolwork thing plus everything else needed to get the kids, pets, and house operating on a normal level with the baby in one hand it's overwhelming to say the least. thank goodness there's no sports or extracurriculars to chauffeur them to on top of it. been feeling like a single mom this past month and on the verge of a breakdown myself. definitely looking forward to spring break next week and hubby being on vacation to help out. i don't know how some of you do it!!
Sorry that things aren't going well for your DS and his math class. Any chance you can get him a tutor or a mentor (HS Student) to help out? Are you guys going to get to do something fun on Spring Break or is it a Staycation? My DD and her family weren't able to because the SB for each of the kids was a different week.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:15 AM   #2854
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Dashing through -- taking dd to the pediatrican as she had a major reaction to something during the night - she's beat red ,full of bumps and sore from head to toe ... we think it's a reaction to her thyroid medicine she took but not sure. Hoping it's not another hospitalization. Those bills just started rolling in

Hoped to see an update on Jim??????????
And how is your dh, Maxine??

We need some healing vibes in here!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs!
Oh no! So sorry Kelly. I hope she's okay and they'll be able to figure this out. Sending up prayers for everyone and their individual needs.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:45 PM   #2855
Watercolor Wizard

shelly - grandma is fine. she has 24hr supervision now so there's always someone with her. thanks

kelly - sending hugs and hope things are okay. and yikes, i know what you mean about the hospital bills. we dealt with that at the beginning of my pregnancy, but in our case, we knew it was coming and had put money aside for it.

maxine - hugs to you and DH too. sounds like things will be better soon!!

maggie - we had him in tutoring as his scores were on the verge of being below grade level average. his scores are now waaaay above and it's not so much a problem with comprehension or the ability to do the work as it is having the discipline to do the work. the teacher teaches like college/hs - meaning she assigns a set of skills to master by the end of the quarter and it's up to the kids to get it done on time. on one hand i think it's good because that's how things are going to be for him as he gets older, but on the other hand, the kids aren't being taught good study habits. and i know it comes from home too but it's EXHAUSTING!! haha. so he'll sit down and do half of the problems in the first week of the quarter, and then feel so good about getting ahead that he'll forget about the rest of them until the last week of the quarter. and honestly, i forget about them too!

oh well, it's over and done with, it's friday evening (for me!) and spring break is officially here. looking forward to NOT stressing out this week!

hugs and hellos to everyone else!!
Old 03-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #2856
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

shelly - grandma is fine. she has 24hr supervision now so there's always someone with her. thanks

kelly - sending hugs and hope things are okay. and yikes, i know what you mean about the hospital bills. we dealt with that at the beginning of my pregnancy, but in our case, we knew it was coming and had put money aside for it.

maxine - hugs to you and DH too. sounds like things will be better soon!!

maggie - we had him in tutoring as his scores were on the verge of being below grade level average. his scores are now waaaay above and it's not so much a problem with comprehension or the ability to do the work as it is having the discipline to do the work. the teacher teaches like college/hs - meaning she assigns a set of skills to master by the end of the quarter and it's up to the kids to get it done on time. on one hand i think it's good because that's how things are going to be for him as he gets older, but on the other hand, the kids aren't being taught good study habits. and i know it comes from home too but it's EXHAUSTING!! haha. so he'll sit down and do half of the problems in the first week of the quarter, and then feel so good about getting ahead that he'll forget about the rest of them until the last week of the quarter. and honestly, i forget about them too!

oh well, it's over and done with, it's friday evening (for me!) and spring break is officially here. looking forward to NOT stressing out this week!

hugs and hellos to everyone else!!
Kel, glad that your grandma is doing well with her caregiver there.

Glad to hear that your DS is doing better. Sounds like it's just a matter of scheduling his study time. It is hard to keep track. Hope you guys all have a fun Spring Break. So where to do go for Spring Break when you live in Hawaii????
Old 03-14-2015, 07:58 PM   #2857
Quacker Stamper

Met 2 GFs at the movies last night. We saw Still Alice. It's not playing too many places anymore and I wanted to see it before it left. It was sad and kind of reminded me of what we went through with my mom. I thought Kristen Stewart did a great job with her part.

I've spent a very productive day doing things around the house. I didn't get out to the grocery store until about 10:30 after I cleaned out the refrigerator. After I got back I tackled the pantry and got it all cleaned out and organized. I was shocked at how much stuff was outdated and had to be tossed. I really need to learn to shop better and not buy extras that I"m not going to use although at the time I think I'm gong to use them. All the jars and cans had to be opened and the contents either trashed or put down the disposal and then the containers rinsed out for recycling.

Went out and swept out the 2 cat dog houses and put new bedding in them. I was waiting for the rain to stop and it has although they say we may get some more by Wednesday, but for now everything is cleaned up out there. Put new towels and blanket on the chairs too.

All showered now, and went around and replaced burned out light bulbs, so I think we're good to go.

Yesterday I had a flyer on my porch from a new lawn guy.

I called and left a message and he called me back tonight. Told him what I needed to have done - cleaning out the flower beds, mowing, trimming, etc. and some planting and mulch. He's going to come by tomorrow at 4 to look at things and I guess he'll tell me how much he'll charge. If that all goes well, I call the current one that I've had issues with and tell him that I don't need him anymore.Then I have dinner at DD's tomorrow night. Hope to hear whether DGD has heard from either of the Music School's she's auditioned for.

Just got off the phone with my sis. We talked for an hour catching up. I'm jealous. She's taking a trip to Scotland and Ireland with my 2 cousins from Florida, a niece and the niece's GF. Not sure how long they will be gone. I was just looking at a trip to Ireland for $1499 or $1699 depending on how long you stayed, but the departure was from Seattle so I'd have to fly to Seattle to get to Ireland. Not doing that. Sure looking forward to that retirement and wish it was coming sooner than later.

Thought I'd get some crafting done tonight, but it's almost time for bed. I do have 2 DT cards that I need to work on
Old 03-14-2015, 08:32 PM   #2858
Mad Swapper

Glad to know your Grandma is cared for Kel - hope your Spring Break is fun and refreshing .

Kelly I do hope your DD is o.k., and is not set back with this upset. Boo to the bills, that's when I am so thankful for our public system which is reasonable efficient and free.

Anyone heard from Lynn - keeping them in my prayers

Maggie I know what you mean about old food - I have done that occasionally myself Hate throwing stuff out!

Do hope Jeanette is not frozen, and that Kristie is doing o.k. too. Waving at Barb and Darlene too.

We are all ready for ex-tropical cyclone Pam - I think - I have taken out one (blighted) tomato plant, and tied the other to the fence to help support it. Put some supporting ties around the sweet corn and hoping they don't get too battered. Thankfully it's not cold, so hopefully the rain will give the garden some more grow time before it turns cold.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:43 PM   #2859
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Request

A quick question- if anyone has an extra card hanging around, my Dad will be 87 on the 19th. We would like to get him many cards for his special day

Please PM me for his address if you could send a card.

Shelly
Old 03-15-2015, 07:10 AM   #2860
Pearl-ExPert

Quick update. Jim's still in hospital. He had three ulcers, one bleeding. They cauterized it and he's fine. He was going to come home yesterday but is having breathing problems. I'm headed back to the city in a few minutes. The drive up there (and hour and half up and then an hour and half back again) and back every day is about to kill me but can't stay with him since he's in a semi private room. I'm fine though. No idea about my heart. I did get off the monitor and that was a true blessing! LOL! Had to cancel my appointment on what's going on there due to Jim. Will holler when I can.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:00 PM   #2861
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Lynn- hoping Jim recovers quickly! Three ulcers- yikes! Is he on blood thinners? Did he get any blood transfusions? I am sure they told you your oxygen is carried on your red blood cells, so when you bleed (or have an ulcer and throw up blood) it is normal for your heart rate to go up and for your breathing to feel a little harder- but if he is SOB (Short of Breath) they will re check the blood level.

I will keep him in prayers! And, I will ask for God to give you strength thru this trial : )

Blessings
Shelly
Old 03-15-2015, 06:10 PM   #2862
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Shelly, I wish you were here! NO ONE told us that at all.....doctors or nurses! He's not on blood thinners but takes a baby aspirin at night. That's it. They gave him three bags/units, whatever of blood on Friday. He had the procedure done on Thursday morning. They said that the ulcer that was bleeding had an artery (?) running though it.
He threw up a ton of blood on Monday and the two times we took him to the local ER that day they kept saying he was fine and his blood levels were good. Yikes!!!! Needless to say we're very upset with the local ER - and our primary is going to hear about it this week! Right now I'm just thankful he didn't die.

Thanks so much for the prayers.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:16 PM   #2863
Mad Swapper

Oh Lynn what a run-around you are having - Praise God for Nurse Shelly!!
Still praying for you both
Old 03-15-2015, 08:08 PM   #2864
Watercolor Wizard

goodness lynn... i am so glad they know what's going on and it's nothing so serious it prevents him from coming home soon. sending hugs.

shelly - sent a pm about your dad's birthday! would love to send a card.

looking forward to spending the kids' spring break week cleaning up the craft room and getting some projects done as well as spending time with them. DH and i talked about going to the big island (45 minute plane ride) to spend a couple days relaxing in the pool AND taking the kids to see the volcano and up the mountain to play in the snow. but the wind is so bad they've closed summit road, the only road up so we'd only be able to see it from the bottom and not get anywhere near it. maybe if the winds change we'll be able to go but for now we've decided to just stay home.

have a nice week everyone!
Old 03-16-2015, 07:14 AM   #2865
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Lynn, your news is terrifying and I'm grateful they have the news to move forward with treatment! Praying all continues to go well!

I'll be by later to 'catch up' - sending hugs and lovies!
Old 03-16-2015, 08:53 AM   #2866
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Quick update. Jim's still in hospital. He had three ulcers, one bleeding. They cauterized it and he's fine. He was going to come home yesterday but is having breathing problems. I'm headed back to the city in a few minutes. The drive up there (and hour and half up and then an hour and half back again) and back every day is about to kill me but can't stay with him since he's in a semi private room. I'm fine though. No idea about my heart. I did get off the monitor and that was a true blessing! LOL! Had to cancel my appointment on what's going on there due to Jim. Will holler when I can.
Thanks for the check in Lynn. I kind of thought it might be an ulcer. Terrible that he has 3! Glad that got it looked after though and he'll be coming home soon. I hope he gets the breathing issues under control too. Sending up prayers for you guys. I hope you'll get to make your appointment about your heart issue soon. That's an important thing also.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:56 AM   #2867
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

goodness lynn... i am so glad they know what's going on and it's nothing so serious it prevents him from coming home soon. sending hugs.

shelly - sent a pm about your dad's birthday! would love to send a card.

looking forward to spending the kids' spring break week cleaning up the craft room and getting some projects done as well as spending time with them. DH and i talked about going to the big island (45 minute plane ride) to spend a couple days relaxing in the pool AND taking the kids to see the volcano and up the mountain to play in the snow. but the wind is so bad they've closed summit road, the only road up so we'd only be able to see it from the bottom and not get anywhere near it. maybe if the winds change we'll be able to go but for now we've decided to just stay home.

have a nice week everyone!
Sorry about the kink in your plans. Hope that can get worked out and you'' still be able to go. For now, I guess it's nice to have some time to relax and play with the little ones.

One of my Niece's and her family are over on Maui this week for Spring Break. I haven't been in 20 years! Yikes! I can't believe it's been that long. It's so beautiful over there.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:57 AM   #2868
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh Lynn, your news is terrifying and I'm grateful they have the news to move forward with treatment! Praying all continues to go well!

I'll be by later to 'catch up' - sending hugs and lovies!
Your "flutterby" is just beautiful. Love those colors. Marianne Walker has a tutorial on how to color a butterfly on her blog this week. I need to practice.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:58 AM   #2869
Quacker Stamper

I went over to DD's house for dinner last night and my SIL made dinner. He always cooks on the weekends and now he comes up with the menus. That way he can't complain to my DD if it's too much work or doesn't have the right ingredients. I completely forgot that they had late church this year, so I got there early. Good thing is that my DD left church early because her tummy was feeling upset so she got home just before I got there otherwise I would have had to wait out in my car for about 45 minutes. None of us like this time for them. It cuts our time down by an hour when I go over there. We still had time for dessert and played a game of Farkel. First time I played the board game. I remember playing it online I guess on FB games a long time ago. Anyway, I won! Came from behind and beat my DGS and SIL.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:30 PM   #2870
Insane Embellisher

Happy Monday!

I am not sure where I have been lol. Last week wasn't particularly busy yet I never even went in my craft room. I am out of things to blog since I finished posting the cards I made at my friend's last weekend. This past weekend was very busy. I went with my mom, sister, BIL and nephew to the Yankee Candle flagship store in MA. It's about 2 hours from us and we made a few stops on the way there and home. It made for a very long day! Yesterday Mike and I went for a drive to the LSS. Well he drove and walked Amber around the town green while I shopped Lots of new papers to scrap with and a few Easter/spring stamps hopped in my basket too.

My friend from high school will be visiting next week. I am not sure yet which night she will be over but I have a LOT of cleaning to do before then! My nephew's 3rd bday is next Monday and we are celebrating Saturday night as my sister and BIL are taking him to some Lego place in Boston on Sunday/Monday. I need to dust my Silhouette off and make a card with a trex on it for him.

Hugs to all!
Old 03-16-2015, 03:57 PM   #2871
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Hi Ladies--I am finally getting a chance to post in all of my threads...................... Been a busy day with things going on that I had not planned and it sure is cutting into my stamping time. I have to make a DT card yet for tomorrow and I am behind posting one that was due yesterday.

The state girls basketball tournament was a lot of fun---long days and nights, but it was great to be around all of the excitement! I got home early yesterday afternoon and I had a stack of mail and a boatload of emails to go through.................. This afternoon I went to my demo's house to do my hostess club cards and complete everything for my month as hostess--and a great month it was as I got over $200 of free stuff!!!

I hope you had a good Monday and a wonderful start to the week. We had temps in the 60's and had the sun been out, we would have hit 70! However, it is short lived as we will be back in the 40's the rest of the week and even a 30 next weekend. And, I thought spring was actually here. But, the snow is pretty much all gone, except for a few places that had big piles.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:57 PM   #2872
Insane Embellisher

Glad you had a good weekend, Barb! Wahoo on all that free stuff!! I am so jealous of the temps!! We didn't even hit 40 today. I sooooo need some warm weather!!
Old 03-16-2015, 06:16 PM   #2873
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Happy Monday!

I am not sure where I have been lol. Last week wasn't particularly busy yet I never even went in my craft room. I am out of things to blog since I finished posting the cards I made at my friend's last weekend. This past weekend was very busy. I went with my mom, sister, BIL and nephew to the Yankee Candle flagship store in MA. It's about 2 hours from us and we made a few stops on the way there and home. It made for a very long day! Yesterday Mike and I went for a drive to the LSS. Well he drove and walked Amber around the town green while I shopped Lots of new papers to scrap with and a few Easter/spring stamps hopped in my basket too.

My friend from high school will be visiting next week. I am not sure yet which night she will be over but I have a LOT of cleaning to do before then! My nephew's 3rd bday is next Monday and we are celebrating Saturday night as my sister and BIL are taking him to some Lego place in Boston on Sunday/Monday. I need to dust my Silhouette off and make a card with a trex on it for him.

Hugs to all!
Sounds like you've been having some fun times Kristie.

Does your HS friend scrap and make cards too? If not, maybe you can teach her. My DGS and DN's loved legos when they were younger. They loved to go to LegoLand in FL and we used to have a Lego store in the Galleria here, but it closed several months ago. Hope your nephew enjoys the adventure.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:21 PM   #2874
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Hi Ladies--I am finally getting a chance to post in all of my threads...................... Been a busy day with things going on that I had not planned and it sure is cutting into my stamping time. I have to make a DT card yet for tomorrow and I am behind posting one that was due yesterday.

The state girls basketball tournament was a lot of fun---long days and nights, but it was great to be around all of the excitement! I got home early yesterday afternoon and I had a stack of mail and a boatload of emails to go through.................. This afternoon I went to my demo's house to do my hostess club cards and complete everything for my month as hostess--and a great month it was as I got over $200 of free stuff!!!

I hope you had a good Monday and a wonderful start to the week. We had temps in the 60's and had the sun been out, we would have hit 70! However, it is short lived as we will be back in the 40's the rest of the week and even a 30 next weekend. And, I thought spring was actually here. But, the snow is pretty much all gone, except for a few places that had big piles.
Sounds like you had a fun weekend too Barb. It's fun to get away, but boy there is so much to catch up on when you get home.

Wow! Congrats on the great hostess month. Do you have your list all ready for what you want?

We're supposed to be in the 70's all week even with the rain coming on Wednesday. I guess maybe it might be time to call and get the A/C checked.

My new yard man came today and cleaned out all the flower beds. He left some plants in that I thought we talked about him pulling out, but no matter, I can pull them out myself to get ready for some planting. Just need to decide what I'm going to do with it this year.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:22 PM   #2875
Quacker Stamper

I left work early today. I had issues with one of my TV receivers last Friday. It's really an ongoing issue. Happens every once in awhile where when playing back a recorded show, it would just stop and say that it was unavailable and make sure my receiver was connected which it always was. Last Friday it was happening a lot, so I called in and the service rep couldn't fix it remotely so he set up an appointment. They put in a new receiver (wireless) and had to put in a small wireless modem also that connects just to that receiver so I have 2 modems. The picture looks so much better and he showed me how to use the new remote that they sent me and even set it up for me. It's all good to go.

Working on some cards. I really need to get at least one on my blog. I should do one a day all this week. Right now I have 5 sitting on my desk that need to be blogged and one that I need to go work on.

I've also been working some on my family history and located a bunch of new names today for my family tree. It's bad when I get started because I don't want to quit. I had to drag myself away from the computer and get dinner and go work on my cards.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:55 AM   #2876
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yep, I'm mostly Irish from my dad's side - just look at my name! Ha ha!

Heading to swap some cards and make a few if i'm lucky -- will be back later to 'catch up!'
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:11 AM   #2877
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Hello Ladies--Happy Tuesday!!!!!
Old 03-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #2878
Quacker Stamper

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:16 PM   #2879
Mad Swapper

Whopee - I have just received some blog candy from Shelly - so exciting and a wonderful surprise - love it!!!!! Thank you so much Shelly. Looking forward to getting the stamps inky - hopefully this afternoon

Ex tropical cyclone Pam was a fizzer here - got a bit of wind and some rain, but nothing out of the ordinary for this time of year. In some ways I am thankful - and really feel for the people of Vanuatu who have nothing - no homes, no crops for income, and no materials to rebuild with as all the trees have been flattened.

Waving at you all - St Paddy's day passed here with the usual non-observance by us, but there were 'events' in the bigger cities.

Waving green waves for you who are in the middle of it
Old 03-17-2015, 05:52 PM   #2880
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Happy St Patrick's Day! Yippee- I am 3/4 Irish- Dad is 100%! I just finished Corned Beef and Cabbage for dinner : ) I make it every year- it was quite tasty too. I always run some to the neighbor's as well. We will have plenty of left overs as well.
I either have allergy issues, or a cold. Hubby is wheezing still, but finally went and got a steroid inhaler yesterday.

Maxine glad to hear the candy arrived safely. I bet it smelled great from the dryer sheets : ) How do you keep static out of your clothes you put in the dryer?

Waving hi to all- I was able to blog hop finally- this is such a talented group!

Hoping all is well with Jim, Lynn- praying!
Shelly