Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-05-2015, 07:31 PM   #2801
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
WOW! I've really been missing in action around here. Don't even know where to start in responding to everyone though.
Shelly, glad y'all had a good visit but know you're sad to see her leave again. How much longer will she be in China?

Maxine, send some of that rain here. We had messy/drizzling weather for about a week and then it got cold once more.

Kelly, hope your daughter hears something soon but know wherever she goes she'll do wonderful.

Jeanette, how fun about Brock. He sounds like a joy to have around and know he is.

Maggie, bless you on all your patience! I know when my kids try to show me how to do something on the computer they feel the exact same way! LOL!

What size boots are the ones you're selling?? I don't wear then often except in the winter but it's so hard to find my size. I wear a ladies size 4 1/2 so usually have to go for children's shoes instead. Not fun shoe shopping at all - needless to say! If I have to get dress shoes I usually have to pay an arm and a leg to get my size.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Know there's so really cold weather around the country right now. We all need to head to Hawaii with Kel, New Zealand to Maxine's, or Florida to Kelly's!

Mabel the monitor and I are getting divorced! YEP! I've had just about enough of her and am ready to kick her and all her belongings out of this house! To put it bluntly, she's a pain in the butt! Anyway, the divorce becomes final on Monday evening and she'll be gone by Tuesday morning - if I'm still sane by then!!!
Sorry you're having a hard time with Mabel. Sometimes those relationships just don't work out. I hope it's helped in your diagnosis.

My boots would be too big for you. They are a man's 6 1/2 or women's 7 1/2. I wear a 7 1/2 and they fit me fine. Haven't had any bites on them yet. My mom used to have a hard time with shoes. She had polio when she was a kid and one foot was smaller than the other, so she had to always buy 2 pairs of shoes (different sizes) to get one pair that she could wear.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-05-2015, 07:34 PM   #2802
Quacker Stamper

Well, I had a great news today. Got an envelope from State Farm and guess what!!!! They sent me the whole thing minus the deductible, so they paid me for that whole towing bill! I couldn't believe it. Happy camper. Need to talk to my boss about whether we still want to go after the Venue to get the rest of it back including what I had to pay for the rental car.
mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:30 PM   #2803
Mad Swapper

Whoohoo Maggie - what a relief!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Well, I had a great news today. Got an envelope from State Farm and guess what!!!! They sent me the whole thing minus the deductible, so they paid me for that whole towing bill! I couldn't believe it. Happy camper. Need to talk to my boss about whether we still want to go after the Venue to get the rest of it back including what I had to pay for the rental car.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:41 AM   #2804
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--It is Friday!!!! I am headed out this morning to work on more of the decorations for the Fur Ball tomorrow. I am hoping to get most of it done so I do not need to go tomorrow morning, but can just go early tomorrow night for last minute details. The sun is shining and the temps are still cold today. But, it warms up above freezing tomorrow and even close to the 50's be the middle of the week.

It is going to be a busy few days, so I wish you a fun weekend!
Old 03-06-2015, 06:41 AM   #2805
SCS RAK Coordinator

Great News Maggie!
Old 03-06-2015, 07:01 AM   #2806
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well cheers for Maggie's big check! And Lynn's 'friend' Mabel going to a new home for someone else to love! LOL!

I'm with Barb, gallivanting around this morning. My son's Odyssey team took First Place in their competition (while I was gone at college with dd) I was so happy, he called and said he figured out how to pay for his sister's college dorm - "our team won and the medal is GOLD!" Bless his heart! Now they go to states in April. We are hotel booked and now we have to super prepare and only have 3 weeks! At least this one I'll be able to see

Hit the post office, grocery store and now dd wants to head to some stores to look for a dress ~ love it. 20 years old and still wants mommy to come along and help her pick 'the dress' for an event she was invited to

I so love my children ♥

Have a great day, lovelies!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn, mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:25 AM   #2807
Quacker Stamper

I left the office early to come home and meet the Window World guy to fix the screen in the back window that the neighbor's dog ripped out. Didn't take too long or cost much. I'm thinking though that I should still send my neighbor the bill and suggest that her dd pay it since it's her dog that she doesn't take care of. I could go back to work, but thinking I'll just take the rest of the day off.

Talked to a GF on the phone to see about setting up a time to go see Second Best Marigold Hotel. We saw the first one when it was out. She was invited to go with a couple to see it tomorrow afternoon, but she has other plans, so if they still go in the afternoon then she and I may go tomorrow evening.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:35 AM   #2808
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

That is great news!!!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:37 AM   #2809
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I left the office early to come home and meet the Window World guy to fix the screen in the back window that the neighbor's dog ripped out. Didn't take too long or cost much. I'm thinking though that I should still send my neighbor the bill and suggest that her dd pay it since it's her dog that she doesn't take care of. I could go back to work, but thinking I'll just take the rest of the day off.

Talked to a GF on the phone to see about setting up a time to go see Second Best Marigold Hotel. We saw the first one when it was out. She was invited to go with a couple to see it tomorrow afternoon, but she has other plans, so if they still go in the afternoon then she and I may go tomorrow evening.
Definitely get the neighbor's DD to pay for the repairs. You shouldn't have to foot the bill for her carelessness.

I say take the afternoon off and enjoy it!
Old 03-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #2810
Insane Embellisher

I am so glad this week is almost over. I had such a good weekend and then Mother Nature threw quite the fit this week. I am hoping tomorrow's crop will get me out of my funk.

We had snow/sleet on Tuesday, it took me an hour to get home (and I live 5 miles from work!) We had snow/ice/rain on Wednesday and then it changed back to snow that night and snowed through 5pm yesterday. If I was smart, I would have at least taken yesterday off but I did not. Most others did so the commute wasn't too horrible.

I haven't done anything other than work and go on the elliptical twice. I really need spring to show up soon!!
Old 03-06-2015, 05:17 PM   #2811
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, that's great about the check! Makes things so much nicer now. Yep, the boots would be a tad bit too big I'm afraid! LOL! I'd think they'd sell pretty quick though.

Kristi, that's terrible about all the bad weather y'all are having up there. Hopefully spring and summer will be here soon. Know how tired you are of all the snow.

Kelly, that's great about your son! Hope you and your daughter had fun clothes shopping.

Barb, the Fur Ball sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. Stay warm!
Old 03-06-2015, 05:40 PM   #2812
Mad Swapper

Barb - I am sure the fur ball will be a blast - but.... I don't think of a social gathering when I see the words 'fur ball" - the joys of being owned by a long hair cat!!

Kristie sounds as though you need to visit Kel or myself or Kelly (if she ever stays home that is ) - we are definitely seeing a change in the weather and autumn is starting to make it's presence felt here.

Maggie I hope the neighbours are as co-operative financially as the insurance firm was!

off to pull some weeds that are annoying me
Old 03-06-2015, 07:17 PM   #2813
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Definitely get the neighbor's DD to pay for the repairs. You shouldn't have to foot the bill for her carelessness.

I say take the afternoon off and enjoy it!
I did. Talked to a GF about going to the movies tomorrow night, then balanced my Quicken account which took some time. I had to run off pages of my bank account so I could make sure I had all the entries in my Quicken. Finally got it all done.

Worked a bit on a card tonight, but I'm really tired so I'm heading off to bed. I have a number of errands to run tomorrow.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:18 PM   #2814
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Maggie, that's great about the check! Makes things so much nicer now. Yep, the boots would be a tad bit too big I'm afraid! LOL! I'd think they'd sell pretty quick though.

Kristi, that's terrible about all the bad weather y'all are having up there. Hopefully spring and summer will be here soon. Know how tired you are of all the snow.

Kelly, that's great about your son! Hope you and your daughter had fun clothes shopping.

Barb, the Fur Ball sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. Stay warm!
I was hoping they'd sell quickly too since it's Rodeo time, but no one has shown an interest yet. In fact, I need to go bump it back up to the top of the list again.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:20 PM   #2815
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Barb - I am sure the fur ball will be a blast - but.... I don't think of a social gathering when I see the words 'fur ball" - the joys of being owned by a long hair cat!!

Kristie sounds as though you need to visit Kel or myself or Kelly (if she ever stays home that is ) - we are definitely seeing a change in the weather and autumn is starting to make it's presence felt here.

Maggie I hope the neighbours are as co-operative financially as the insurance firm was!

off to pull some weeds that are annoying me
She had said in her e-mail that she would pay for any damages, and since it's not that much, I think she will. I really would like her to have her DD pay it though.

I have tons of weeds growing and need to get out there to take care of that before I hire the landscaper to plant. Not good weather though.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:10 AM   #2816
Quacker Stamper

Looks like everyone is busy this weekend. Me too! It's been good and also very frustrating.

Yesterday I had a bunch of errands to run - Costco to redeem rewards check, bank to deposit, then off to EatFitters to redeem my Groupons for some healthy meals. The trip to Fitfinders was quite a hike, but there was no quicker way to get there. They do have one closer to my house, but the Groupon said I had to go to this specific one. The girl there was very nice and told me the really tasty meals. I got 9 meals and only had to pay $14 extra, so that wasn't too bad. I had to bring all that home before I went to the grocery store.

I also ended up going to Sears to get a new microwave. When I was warming up dinner last night, it made a loud noise, but it kept on working. I realized after it stopped that it wasn't working to full power and again this morning it was like that so since I had a $50 GC to Sears, I decided I'd use it to get the microwave. It was pretty heavy, but I was able to maneuver it into the house and get it set up without too much trouble and take the old one out which was also pretty heavy. I can't remember when I got that old one, so it's been around for a pretty long time so it was probably the right time for a new one.

I had computer issues pretty much all day. I realized after I got up and looked at the e-mails from during the night, that I wasn't getting anymore e-mails from anyone and that was strange because I was paying bills yesterday and they always send me messages that they've received my scheduled payment and I didn't get anything. Tried restarting my computer, but that didn't work either I clicked on the help button and read what they had to say and one of the things was that they used Javascrpit. I've been getting messages about updating Java but hadn't done it, so I went to the website to download that. It was right before I was going to leave - about 10 - and it said the install was going to take over an hour, so I thought it was a good time to run errands. By the time I got back it was finished, had auto restarted my computer and all my e-mails were waiting for me, so I know now that I have to remember to update Java when they tell me to.

Then last night I again stopped getting e-mails.
I tried all different things and it just seemed to make it all worse and then it denied me access to Firefox! I tried doing a system restore which didn't help at all in the long run. Finally about midnight I gave up and just shut it all down. This morning I found that I needed to update my Norton Security so I did that first thing and then got on IE and googled the error message I was getting about Firefox. I found that I needed to uninstall it and reinstall so I did that and after doing those 2 things, it was all okay. Firefox is running and I'm getting all my e-mails. Yeah! One of the things I did was clear all the History so now I'm having to log into all the sites that I usually visit and put in my ID and passwords again, but at least it's working!

I did get some time to work on a card last night so that was a good thing. I'm behind on my Monthly Challenges, so I was able to at least complete one month. Hopefully will get some more done today.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:34 AM   #2817
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies!
I hope you are all having a good weekend. Yesterday was fun. I got 6 cards made I shared them all on Instagram/Facebook and will be blogging them today and during the week as the challenge deadlines come up.

I need to hurry and get my errands done so I can park myself in front of the tv for a few hours. Spring Training game is on today. I can't wait!! Thursday it didn't air and I wasn't home to watch yesterday. I have been waiting for baseball season for months LOL!

Have a great day!
Old 03-08-2015, 11:17 AM   #2818
Mad Swapper

I was here on Saturday, Maggie, but you would have seen it as Friday . I got three cards made during the weekend, on one it took me as long to find seven identical sequins as to make the rest of the card;-(... We then went out for dinner with family.
Today and tomorrow are going to be really busy so I maybe MIA until Wednesday at least. DH has another couple of procedures in plastic surgery tomorrow, so that is a trip to Hamilton and back on top of everything g else ... This old age ain't for whimps!!!!
waving hi and sending hugs
Old 03-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #2819
Mad Swapper

To correct a couple of errors from the previous post - we were out two nights for dinner - one with each family! Does this grandma;s heart good to have them running out to meet us calling "Mamapoppop" all in one word as they are so excited to see us.

DH's surgery has been put back until the afternoon tomorrow - which means we may well be in the rush hour traffic on the way home - although the early start would have been a pain, we would have missed all the heavy traffic. To add to the chaos, there is also a World Cup Cricket match in Hamilton tomorrow.....
Old 03-09-2015, 06:21 AM   #2820
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I had a great conference/workshop this weekend. Now I'm in a time crunch as I leave early Wednesday morning to go to the airport to fly to Alaska! I'm sooooooooo excited! But I have a lot to do before I go... and today is filled with back-to-back meetings at church. EEK!

I've read to catch up - sounds like lots going on! Divorces! EEK! BIG checks! repairs, weeding, hanging out with friends, etc. I ♥ you all!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:42 AM   #2821
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ugh, Monday! What a morning - getting up late, accident on the way to the school, stuck behind a tractor for nearly 7 miles on the way home - LOL. Crazy! I think I was meant to play hooky from life today - ROFL!

Maggie, great news about the check but wow on having so much going on! I hope the new microwave works wonders and your pc!

Maxine, I"ll be keeping you and dh in prayer and thinking good thoughts!

We had an incredible busy weekend here and it just went by in a flash. Now today I have 1000 things to get done before noon so eeek!
Wanted to stop in and say hi and I'll stop in a bit later!

CRAFTING? CARD MAKING? What is that?!!!!!!!!!!!
I am Soooooooo far behind. It's sad.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:54 AM   #2822
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Monday!!!! I can say happy as it is going to be a great day--sunshine and temps in the 50's--YAY!!!!

The weekend was long, but fun. We decorated for most of the day on Friday and I remade all of the "ants on a log" Friday afternoon--the first batch froze in the garage Thursday night....... The Fur Ball a great time and the attire was so great--all 70's clothing and just so darn funny! We bid and won a live auction item that is a week stay in a condo in Manhattan--two blocks from Central Park. I have never been to NYC and has been on my bucket list. We hope to go the first part of September. I have a great-nephew who lives there, so he can also be our tour guide for part of it.

I am having a stamping party tonight at Sarah's with some friends as this is my month to hostess for club and it is still SAB. It is going to be a busy couple of days and on Thursday I leave for Green Bay to work at the high school girls state basketball tournament--Thursday through Saturday night--come home on Sunday. The school I used to work at just being there as they lost in the Sectional-final--that would have been great!

Have a Fantastic Monday!!!!
Old 03-09-2015, 08:03 PM   #2823
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

I think I am caught up- busy and chatty here!

The weekend in Ky was a bit stressful and it went by quickly. We drove home via Michigan and picked up Stephi, and she is home for a week for Spring Break. She had a couple of doc appts today, and has a couple of day trips planned for this week.

I am working tomorrow- too bad- it was 52 here today!!! And tomorrow it is going to be as nice- it will be hard to be inside......

Jeanette- glad all went well this weekend and have a Fab trip to Alaska- so cool!

Maggie- Yeah for insurance payment and hope you can recoup your car rental as well. Hope your computer gets back to normal and no more issues!

Barb- you have so much fun! The party sounds like a blast- and the b-ball tourney - hope you have a great time. Congrats on the win for the trip to NYC- how cool is that!

Kelly- ope you have a few minutes of 'me' time for yourself and things all fall in line for you!

Maxine- hope the procedure went well, and hoping the traffic was not too bad on the way home

Kristie- sounds like a productive day- lots of cards made! Yeah!

Lynn- Oh my- you have some small feet- no fun for you looking for shoes! Yikes : )

Waving hello to everyone else.
Shelly
Old 03-10-2015, 05:24 AM   #2824
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Kelly, you and I need a vacation at some relaxing place... at least for a day, what do you say? Can we meet and hang out in a hammock listening to nature and doing absolutely nothing but chat?

Barb, Woo Hoo! What a great win!

Thank you, Shelly - and yes, cool... or down-right COLD! The day I arrive, the high is supposed to be 3 degrees and the low a negative 15. Yikes! DH is now fretting that I don't have warm enough clothes to take with me.

I have an appointment to get my haircut this morning and then will go do the shopping - things to take to DD. Then it's home to pack! Supper tonight will be a feast, of sorts, for my guys - roast, mashed potatoes & gravy, etc. Not the easiest/fastest thing to prepare, but they needed a little spoiling, too, I suppose.

It's going to be a busier-than-busy day!

I'm guessing I won't be back to the threads today, so I'll say good-bye now. I'm leaving early tomorrow for the airport. I won't be back home until late on Saturday, the 21st... so I'll look forward to catching up on SCS on Monday the 23rd.

Hugs for all!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:21 AM   #2825
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Kelly, you and I need a vacation at some relaxing place... at least for a day, what do you say? Can we meet and hang out in a hammock listening to nature and doing absolutely nothing but chat?

Barb, Woo Hoo! What a great win!

Thank you, Shelly - and yes, cool... or down-right COLD! The day I arrive, the high is supposed to be 3 degrees and the low a negative 15. Yikes! DH is now fretting that I don't have warm enough clothes to take with me.

I have an appointment to get my haircut this morning and then will go do the shopping - things to take to DD. Then it's home to pack! Supper tonight will be a feast, of sorts, for my guys - roast, mashed potatoes & gravy, etc. Not the easiest/fastest thing to prepare, but they needed a little spoiling, too, I suppose.

It's going to be a busier-than-busy day!

I'm guessing I won't be back to the threads today, so I'll say good-bye now. I'm leaving early tomorrow for the airport. I won't be back home until late on Saturday, the 21st... so I'll look forward to catching up on SCS on Monday the 23rd.

Hugs for all!!!
I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip, Jeanette!!
Old 03-10-2015, 08:29 AM   #2826
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ohhhhhhhh did you all hear that -- I'm heading to Jeanette's to rest and relax and I KNOW she's going to save me some mashed potatoes and gravy! Pretty please! My fave! ♥ I hope the shopping and packing goes smoothly!

My morning - WOW. I met my new Dr -- I try to plan my annual physical around my bday (so I remember it!) and we have new insurance. My appt was 9:30 but at 7:30 am dd #3 tells me her head is pounding in the middle of an orchestra Tchaikovsky concert and PLEASE bring her some Tylenol - get it there before taking my son to school but not 2 minutes after that, I get another call that dd forgot today was the day to sign up for Senior Breakfast and buy tickets and OMG, I need $35 in the next 10 minutes!! Back to the school again and then finally zipped over to the new dr and on time - seriously . By the time I even got there to fill out papers, I looked like I ran a marathon! And the dr says "And you wonder why you are tired all the time because ..... why?" LOL! He seems nice enough and the EXTRA BONUS with a cherry on top was that they do all the blood work in house - yeah, one less place to run around to! Still have another appt this week, too, for the mammo/pap stuff at my OB/GYN whom I adore - I won't leave them EVER, even if I have to self pay. We've been together since my first baby! 20 years ♥

Shel, glad you have your baby home and I'm sure she has a lot of friends to visit and see and enjoy her spring break! How are mom and dad doing - better, the same?

Some good news: I listed all my SU! stamps (Over 130 of them) on Craigslist and within an hour, they flew! I had calls coming out of everywhere in Florida! I couldn't believe it. One lady wanted to drive 6 hours (one way!) I told her they were already promised and I felt so bad. They ended up going to a grandma who stamps with her granddaughter (15) who are new to SU! products - she scooped up every set AND all my ink pads and I'm so glad they are going to a new home . I had almost 200 sets and kept just a few - donated some - gave her a ton that were missing a stamp here or there so now I'm down to about 25 special sets that I won't sell unless I have to She was the kindest lady. We've talked and emailed and she said that I looked like a dedicated and wonderful mommy that loves her children. I almost cried! I thought to myself she doesn't even know me, how could she know that! But I guess some things just show, I don't know! It was sweet, regardless. And my Cabana looks semi naked!!! It was time for them to go, though. So just for the record, Craigslist worked wonders for me and I had to cancel the ad after just one day due to the overwhelming response!

Okay, I have GOT to get my coffee - before heading up for my mashed 'taters and gravy!

Hee hee!
barbaralynn, mschoener and KAcopan like this post.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:16 AM   #2827
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon. I had a hair cut this morning and I am headed to the hospital to visit roomie's sister who had hip replacement surgery yesterday. We are hoping she is able to come home tomorrow and another sister from Illinois is coming up to stay with her for a few days. Her son will be there over the weekend as we will both be in Green Bay for the state tournament.

The stamping party was a fun time last night and we made three sweet cards. I am taking a beginning quilting class at a local shop tonight--first night of a 6 week class. I have not sewn in probably 35 years and I bought a new machine before Christmas. I am excited to refresh my skills and learn tips on quilting!

Have a great day! Sun is shining and we might hit 60 degrees!
Old 03-10-2015, 08:16 PM   #2828
Quacker Stamper

Sorry I've been MIA here the last 2 days. It's been really busy at work. I usually have some down time to check in, but haven't been able to. Things have been crazy at home too. I was supposed to go to the show last night with a GF, but the weather was too bad and we decided to put it off until it was better. Tonight I got around to visit blogs and now I've found that I can't print from my laptop. Not sure what happened. I may have to uninstall and reinstall the driver, but I don't have time to do that tonight and tomorrow night is Book Club and I need to finish reading the book.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #2829
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi ladies!
I hope you are all having a good weekend. Yesterday was fun. I got 6 cards made I shared them all on Instagram/Facebook and will be blogging them today and during the week as the challenge deadlines come up.

I need to hurry and get my errands done so I can park myself in front of the tv for a few hours. Spring Training game is on today. I can't wait!! Thursday it didn't air and I wasn't home to watch yesterday. I have been waiting for baseball season for months LOL!

Have a great day!
You were busy creating. I got 3 cards made since Saturday. They are for the last 3 months of the Monthly Challenge Group I belong to. I need to get them on my blog and also in my Gallery on SCS.

Hope your team does well this year. Who do you root for?
Old 03-10-2015, 08:20 PM   #2830
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
To correct a couple of errors from the previous post - we were out two nights for dinner - one with each family! Does this grandma;s heart good to have them running out to meet us calling "Mamapoppop" all in one word as they are so excited to see us.

DH's surgery has been put back until the afternoon tomorrow - which means we may well be in the rush hour traffic on the way home - although the early start would have been a pain, we would have missed all the heavy traffic. To add to the chaos, there is also a World Cup Cricket match in Hamilton tomorrow.....
It is great to get together with the grands and family. I'll have dinner at DD's this Sunday. Then they will come here on the 28th.

Sorry that DH's surgery got put back until the afternoon. Hope the traffic wasn't too bad.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:24 PM   #2831
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

I had a great conference/workshop this weekend. Now I'm in a time crunch as I leave early Wednesday morning to go to the airport to fly to Alaska! I'm sooooooooo excited! But I have a lot to do before I go... and today is filled with back-to-back meetings at church. EEK!

I've read to catch up - sounds like lots going on! Divorces! EEK! BIG checks! repairs, weeding, hanging out with friends, etc. I ♥ you all!!!
So sorry that I missed saying Bon Voyage! I hope you have a fabulous time in Alaska!

Divorces!!!!!!! Who's getting a divorce? I must have missed that one.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:26 PM   #2832
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Ugh, Monday! What a morning - getting up late, accident on the way to the school, stuck behind a tractor for nearly 7 miles on the way home - LOL. Crazy! I think I was meant to play hooky from life today - ROFL!

Maggie, great news about the check but wow on having so much going on! I hope the new microwave works wonders and your pc!

Maxine, I"ll be keeping you and dh in prayer and thinking good thoughts!

We had an incredible busy weekend here and it just went by in a flash. Now today I have 1000 things to get done before noon so eeek!
Wanted to stop in and say hi and I'll stop in a bit later!

CRAFTING? CARD MAKING? What is that?!!!!!!!!!!!
I am Soooooooo far behind. It's sad.
It's always nice to have a hooky day.

Well, now I can't print from my laptop. I did a troubleshoot for the printer and it's okay, so it's somewhere between the 2. I don't have time to mess with it anymore tonight.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:28 PM   #2833
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Ladies! Happy Monday!!!! I can say happy as it is going to be a great day--sunshine and temps in the 50's--YAY!!!!

The weekend was long, but fun. We decorated for most of the day on Friday and I remade all of the "ants on a log" Friday afternoon--the first batch froze in the garage Thursday night....... The Fur Ball a great time and the attire was so great--all 70's clothing and just so darn funny! We bid and won a live auction item that is a week stay in a condo in Manhattan--two blocks from Central Park. I have never been to NYC and has been on my bucket list. We hope to go the first part of September. I have a great-nephew who lives there, so he can also be our tour guide for part of it.

I am having a stamping party tonight at Sarah's with some friends as this is my month to hostess for club and it is still SAB. It is going to be a busy couple of days and on Thursday I leave for Green Bay to work at the high school girls state basketball tournament--Thursday through Saturday night--come home on Sunday. The school I used to work at just being there as they lost in the Sectional-final--that would have been great!

Have a Fantastic Monday!!!!
Glad you had a good time at the Fur Ball. Did you take pictures? What a fabulous prize! Lucky Lady!

You've got a really busy week coming up.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:32 PM   #2834
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
I think I am caught up- busy and chatty here!

The weekend in Ky was a bit stressful and it went by quickly. We drove home via Michigan and picked up Stephi, and she is home for a week for Spring Break. She had a couple of doc appts today, and has a couple of day trips planned for this week.

I am working tomorrow- too bad- it was 52 here today!!! And tomorrow it is going to be as nice- it will be hard to be inside......

Jeanette- glad all went well this weekend and have a Fab trip to Alaska- so cool!

Maggie- Yeah for insurance payment and hope you can recoup your car rental as well. Hope your computer gets back to normal and no more issues!

Barb- you have so much fun! The party sounds like a blast- and the b-ball tourney - hope you have a great time. Congrats on the win for the trip to NYC- how cool is that!

Kelly- ope you have a few minutes of 'me' time for yourself and things all fall in line for you!

Maxine- hope the procedure went well, and hoping the traffic was not too bad on the way home

Kristie- sounds like a productive day- lots of cards made! Yeah!

Lynn- Oh my- you have some small feet- no fun for you looking for shoes! Yikes : )

Waving hello to everyone else.
Shelly
Glad to hear that things went well in KY and that you were able to get Stephi home. I hope you guys have some time to hang together with all her side trips this week.

I talked to my boss about the letter and we are still going to send it only Enterprise has never sent me my receipt so I need to call them tomorrow and have them e-mail it to me. Wish I could say that the computer issues were all fixed, but now I can't print from my laptop. Not sure what happened with that.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:37 PM   #2835
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Ohhhhhhhh did you all hear that -- I'm heading to Jeanette's to rest and relax and I KNOW she's going to save me some mashed potatoes and gravy! Pretty please! My fave! ♥ I hope the shopping and packing goes smoothly!

My morning - WOW. I met my new Dr -- I try to plan my annual physical around my bday (so I remember it!) and we have new insurance. My appt was 9:30 but at 7:30 am dd #3 tells me her head is pounding in the middle of an orchestra Tchaikovsky concert and PLEASE bring her some Tylenol - get it there before taking my son to school but not 2 minutes after that, I get another call that dd forgot today was the day to sign up for Senior Breakfast and buy tickets and OMG, I need $35 in the next 10 minutes!! Back to the school again and then finally zipped over to the new dr and on time - seriously . By the time I even got there to fill out papers, I looked like I ran a marathon! And the dr says "And you wonder why you are tired all the time because ..... why?" LOL! He seems nice enough and the EXTRA BONUS with a cherry on top was that they do all the blood work in house - yeah, one less place to run around to! Still have another appt this week, too, for the mammo/pap stuff at my OB/GYN whom I adore - I won't leave them EVER, even if I have to self pay. We've been together since my first baby! 20 years ♥

Shel, glad you have your baby home and I'm sure she has a lot of friends to visit and see and enjoy her spring break! How are mom and dad doing - better, the same?

Some good news: I listed all my SU! stamps (Over 130 of them) on Craigslist and within an hour, they flew! I had calls coming out of everywhere in Florida! I couldn't believe it. One lady wanted to drive 6 hours (one way!) I told her they were already promised and I felt so bad. They ended up going to a grandma who stamps with her granddaughter (15) who are new to SU! products - she scooped up every set AND all my ink pads and I'm so glad they are going to a new home . I had almost 200 sets and kept just a few - donated some - gave her a ton that were missing a stamp here or there so now I'm down to about 25 special sets that I won't sell unless I have to She was the kindest lady. We've talked and emailed and she said that I looked like a dedicated and wonderful mommy that loves her children. I almost cried! I thought to myself she doesn't even know me, how could she know that! But I guess some things just show, I don't know! It was sweet, regardless. And my Cabana looks semi naked!!! It was time for them to go, though. So just for the record, Craigslist worked wonders for me and I had to cancel the ad after just one day due to the overwhelming response!

Okay, I have GOT to get my coffee - before heading up for my mashed 'taters and gravy!

Hee hee!
I just can't fathom your crazy busy life Kelly! Your kids really keep you hopping! That's funny that your doctor is so observant!

Wow! That's great that you were able to sell all your stuff on Craig's List. I hadn't thought about that, but maybe I'll give it a go with my Cowboy boots that I haven't gotten a nibble on FB. Did you take pictures of all your stuff to post or just a description?

Old 03-10-2015, 11:12 PM   #2836
Mad Swapper

Hi Girls - it's been an hectic 48 hours , but it's calming down now, thankfully.

We left in good time for Hamilton yesterday and arrived at the hospital about 30 minutes early as the traffic in the city was flowing freely. We reported to the theatre suite, only to find about an hour later that DH was not scheduled until mid afternoon .

I went and had a coffee at the cafe and hour or so later, and got back to find DH had had his first session of the processing.... as it turned out there was someone who did not turn up and he got into surgery at 1:00 p.m. I eventually got to see him about 3:15, and we left the hospital about 4:00 p.m., and home about 5:30, as we stopped for an ice cream part way home.

Turns out the surgeon had decided to work on both eyes... he corrected the bungle that was made last year, as well as working on the other eye to balance them out. He also removed a skin cancer on his neck. He looks as though he has been in a fight with two black eyes!!.

Thankfully we have the pain under control now and he is reasonably comfortable, and the swelling is starting to go down - there are loads of stitches, and I don't envy him getting them out next week!

Today has been busy catching up on housework and things and keeping DH happy, oh, and I had a good book too .

It's been great to catch up on all the news - hope Darlene does not freeze up there in Alaska!!

Good to see you back home safely Shelly - sorry to hear that your weekend was stressful.

Maggie that is weird about your laptop and printer not communicating .

Barb I have made two quilts - one for each of the kids, and swore that I would never make another!!

Kelly isn't it about time you slowed down?? (No I am not swearing) Hopefully your annual physical and Obs/Gyni appointments all went well and you did not go through coffee withdrawal.

Kristie your cards that you are blogging are lovely

I had better go and finish the blog post I started yesterday.... waving to you all
Old 03-11-2015, 05:41 AM   #2837
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Maxine, your poor dh! Praying the swelling goes down and glad the Dr's were so diligent in his care w/ eyes and the cancer spot removal - here's to a swift and easy recovery!

Maggie, I did take pictures - it gives you the option to list w/ description and photos so that's what I did. Not each individual set, just I took a couple of the "lot" as a whole and said if they want names of each set, email me but no one did - they just said give me them ALL! I hope your boots sell quickly

Off to finish this disaster of a house!
x0
Old 03-11-2015, 06:48 AM   #2838
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Wednesday! I am off to run some errands to get some supplies for my sewing machine and the quilting class--plus stopping at a friend's house for some help in setting up my machine as it has only been turned on since I got it before Christmas. Busy day ahead and I do hope to stop in before I leave tomorrow morning. I am not taking my laptop as there will be no time to even check in, so I will see everyone again on Sunday if I do not get here tomorrow......................
Old 03-11-2015, 06:54 AM   #2839
SCS RAK Coordinator

I do have a picture or two and will try to find them. I would not call it a win as we paid a nice price for the week, probably more than the actual value. But, it was a donation to the HSJC!

Quote:

Glad you had a good time at the Fur Ball. Did you take pictures? What a fabulous prize! Lucky Lady!

You've got a really busy week coming up.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:27 PM   #2840
Pearl-ExPert

I know this is going to be short and sweet but just wanted to let y'all know why I haven't been around. Jim started throwing up blood on Monday and after two 911 calls and trips to the local hospital - and them sending him home 3 hours later both times saying he was fine - I called again this morning. He was transferred to the hospital in the city and stabilized. They'll be running an endoscopy in the morning to see if they can find out where it's going from. I'll let everyone know as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you pray, please say one for us.