Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-02-2015, 07:20 PM   #2761
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Hi friends - literally 2 seconds to check in but glad to see that Jeanette and Lynn (with her new friend Mabel!) made it home safe and sound! This is the wackiest weather! We drove to Tally in one wicked storm, too - torrential rain, wind gusts so strong we couldn't see 2" in front of us - for hours! It was terrifying! We made it there - loved the campus - she's gaga for the school - now comes the hopes for acceptance. We were bummed to learn they have 8 spots available in their BFA/MT program - whhhhhhhhat! We didnt' know that when we started it all. I snuck down the hall to the practice rooms and she nailed that audition - if she doesn't get in, it won't be because she didn't try her best. They had 440 applications, 280 auditions, 8 spots. I think the reality set in on the way home!

Happy Birthday to Amber! YAY on the furry party and puppy cookie! and congrats on your MFT win - that's awesome!

Maggie, sounds like a wonderful Christmas in March celebration! That's the best, getting together with family ♥ My dd watches OUAT - I've seen one show, just don't have time to watch tv! They are HUGE Walking Dead fans so that's always on around here, lol.

Barb, we had a bring your fave coffee mug to Bible Study a few weeks ago - the hostess took a picture of them all My favorite mug is one from Paris (not the Starbucks Paris one!) and I didn't dare bring it - if it broke, oh, I'd just cry and cry! Your nerdy party sounds funny but I'd like to hang out with the one who is bringing the Twinkies - ROFL!!
JK!

*waving to all and rushing!*
x0x0
Hi Kelly! Welcome back. Good luck to your DD. I talked to my DD tonight and she said how cold it was there in Florida. It sounds like it could have been my DGD that you saw there. I hope that your DD makes it into the program. My DD said that they were making their picks Sunday and letters should go out this week. I understand that you have to put a housing downpayment down before you know if they are actually going to go to that school.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:33 PM   #2762
Gabfest Goddess

Hello all. It's been a rough couple of weeks, so I've been absent from this thread. I apologize. I know that it's likely been some hard things for some of you too. I don't mean to ignore you!

I am determined to get better. My coping skills require life balance, and that includes my SCS friends. You are each prayed over by me, whether I know your specific needs or not. He certainly doesn't need me telling Him what you need!

Peace be with you & your families!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:11 AM   #2763
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning! It is snowing now and we are to get 4 inches or so. Then, this afternoon a mix of snow, ice and rain--YUCK!!! I was to take my car for an oil change this morning, but changed it to tomorrow. Where, or where is spring?!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:54 AM   #2764
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey all! I'm actually home this morning and can't decide if I want to tackle overdue cards, clean the house or get on my overdue book reviews! Notice I'm on the laptop ... ha!

Maggie, was your GDG there on Sunday with us? I tell ya, I thought I saw her!! But her name isn't on the list that was there for auditions from Sunday - maybe she was Saturday, or incognito Best wishes to her! Yes, we've already put the housing payment down just in case and if she doesn't get in, then it's a partial refund like UM and UCF, etc ..... she's officially accepted to every school applied for but the music theater we don't know. Competition is INSANE! Had I known this before this journey, I would have talked her out of it and put her into music instead and had her transfer over as a Sophomore. Oh well - we'll find out this week and end of March for all others! Best wishes to yours!

It's GORGEOUS here today - nice and breezy. We got home from Tally (in the 40s!) to the 80's there (yuck!!!) The older I get, the more intolerable this city becomes, lol.

Darlene, its' good to hear from you friend. I know God has his loving embrace around you as you are traveling this new journey in life and just know that we are here, always. I love you!

Barb, have fun with the car!

Hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 03-03-2015, 07:07 AM   #2765
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, I love how you respond to all of us. Thank you for taking the time to do that!

Kelly, I'm keeping your DD in my prayers - she must be anxious to hear. I know I would be.

(((HUGE Hugs, Darlene!)))

Barb, when you find spring, send it my way. I'm tired of winter, too. We're to get freezing rain/ice tomorrow. UGH!

Waving at everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 03-03-2015, 11:15 AM   #2766
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello all. It's been a rough couple of weeks, so I've been absent from this thread. I apologize. I know that it's likely been some hard things for some of you too. I don't mean to ignore you!

I am determined to get better. My coping skills require life balance, and that includes my SCS friends. You are each prayed over by me, whether I know your specific needs or not. He certainly doesn't need me telling Him what you need!

Peace be with you & your families!
Sorry you've been having a rough time Darlene. I hope things ease up for you soon. Yes, prayers are always welcome, and I too remember each of my online friends as well as my IRL friends and family.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #2767
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning! It is snowing now and we are to get 4 inches or so. Then, this afternoon a mix of snow, ice and rain--YUCK!!! I was to take my car for an oil change this morning, but changed it to tomorrow. Where, or where is spring?!
Wherever it is, it can't get here soon enough for me. Our weather is warming up for 2 days and then another cold spell. We had heavy fog this morning, but it has lifted and a little sunny out.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:21 AM   #2768
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hey all! I'm actually home this morning and can't decide if I want to tackle overdue cards, clean the house or get on my overdue book reviews! Notice I'm on the laptop ... ha!

Maggie, was your GDG there on Sunday with us? I tell ya, I thought I saw her!! But her name isn't on the list that was there for auditions from Sunday - maybe she was Saturday, or incognito Best wishes to her! Yes, we've already put the housing payment down just in case and if she doesn't get in, then it's a partial refund like UM and UCF, etc ..... she's officially accepted to every school applied for but the music theater we don't know. Competition is INSANE! Had I known this before this journey, I would have talked her out of it and put her into music instead and had her transfer over as a Sophomore. Oh well - we'll find out this week and end of March for all others! Best wishes to yours!

It's GORGEOUS here today - nice and breezy. We got home from Tally (in the 40s!) to the 80's there (yuck!!!) The older I get, the more intolerable this city becomes, lol.

Darlene, its' good to hear from you friend. I know God has his loving embrace around you as you are traveling this new journey in life and just know that we are here, always. I love you!

Barb, have fun with the car!

Hugs!
So what did you end up doing on your morning off or None of the Above?

I'm not susre when she auditioned, but I think it was on Saturday. I think they traveled home on Sunday, but not sure. My SIL tried to talk her out of it, but she is determined. At least she has changed from wanting to be strictly a dancer to Music Theater, so that makes a difference. My DD has a few more days (I think until the 10th) before she has to make the housing deposit. She's hoping that she hears whether Amanda gets accepted first so she doesn't have to do that if it's not necessary.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:23 AM   #2769
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Maggie, I love how you respond to all of us. Thank you for taking the time to do that!

Kelly, I'm keeping your DD in my prayers - she must be anxious to hear. I know I would be.

(((HUGE Hugs, Darlene!)))

Barb, when you find spring, send it my way. I'm tired of winter, too. We're to get freezing rain/ice tomorrow. UGH!

Waving at everyone else!
It's in the mid 70's here today and tomorrow and then another cold front comes in Thursday night and it'll be down in the 40's again!!!!!! Do you think daylight savings time will bring the warm weather?????

Love you all Jeanette!
Old 03-04-2015, 05:33 AM   #2770
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Hump Day Wednesday! I am headed to get the oil change in my car and then to visit a friend who had heart surgery last week. We did a couple of inches of snow yesterday and then some ice in the afternoon, but everything is OK today. We are to have temps in the high 30's this weekend and close to 50 the middle of next week--YAY!!!!!
Old 03-04-2015, 05:47 AM   #2771

As the saying goes, we dodged the bullet. The ice we were supposed to get overnight was merely cold rain... so Brock gets to go to work today! We are still expecting snow throughout the day today, but we'll see about that. It's currently 34 degrees out but the temperatures are supposed to drop throughout the day - to the mid teens.

Well, scratch that comment... we just got word that Brock's work is closed today. Not sure why; the roads here look clear. Brock is REFUSING to believe me. He has his coat on and his lunchbox in hand. He's NOT planning to stay home. EEK!

Oh Maggie, I sure hope the DLST will bring warmer weather!!! I'm so ready! And, yes.... I think you need visitors, since it's 70 degrees at your place, so I'm coming for a visit!

Barb, be safe during your outings today!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-04-2015, 06:20 AM   #2772
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, all!

Maggie -- haha! I cleaned up part of the house I ended up tossing in some laundry and that's as far as I got there and then listed a bunch of stamps locally in the free classifieds. Time to dump nearly all of my SU! stamp sets I'm letting them go dirt cheap because honestly, in 8 years, most haven't seen ink and they just need to go! It's bittersweet. I paid a fortune for most of the sets, some rare or ret'd, and now I'm practically giving them away - eeek!

No kidding on the house deposits! We did FSU and UCF just in case. She also put in the FSU bldg. where all the theater 'geeks' go and that's our first choice, otherwise, she goes into 'general pop', lol. But at $250.00 per school, it's pricey! And you do lose some of it if you break the deposit and go to another school.

Aw, poor Brock! Maybe its' a good day to take him somewhere, would that work? If he can't get to work, maybe you can have a day out somehow?

In the 80's here again - anyone want some SUMMER?!!!!!!!!!

Hugs!
Old 03-04-2015, 08:45 AM   #2773

Kelly, my DH did take Brock out to the "Red and Green and Orange and Yellow Store" a wee bit ago. He seemed to be pleased to get to do that. And soon it will be 11:30 which means he'll be digging into that lunch box and enjoying a tasty ham sandwich, doritoes, banana, grapes, cookies, and a fruit drink. Life isn't all bad.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-04-2015, 09:27 AM   #2774
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning--Happy Hump Day Wednesday! I am headed to get the oil change in my car and then to visit a friend who had heart surgery last week. We did a couple of inches of snow yesterday and then some ice in the afternoon, but everything is OK today. We are to have temps in the high 30's this weekend and close to 50 the middle of next week--YAY!!!!!
Glad that you are able to get out and visit your friend. I'm sure that will be appreciated.

Sounds like a warming trend in your neck of the woods.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:30 AM   #2775
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

As the saying goes, we dodged the bullet. The ice we were supposed to get overnight was merely cold rain... so Brock gets to go to work today! We are still expecting snow throughout the day today, but we'll see about that. It's currently 34 degrees out but the temperatures are supposed to drop throughout the day - to the mid teens.

Well, scratch that comment... we just got word that Brock's work is closed today. Not sure why; the roads here look clear. Brock is REFUSING to believe me. He has his coat on and his lunchbox in hand. He's NOT planning to stay home. EEK!

Oh Maggie, I sure hope the DLST will bring warmer weather!!! I'm so ready! And, yes.... I think you need visitors, since it's 70 degrees at your place, so I'm coming for a visit!

Barb, be safe during your outings today!
Oh poor Brock. I know how much he loves to go to work - for a lot of reasons. Wish I has that love and dedication for my job that he does. I'm counting years and days when I can finally retire from this one.

Come on down! Would love to have visitors as long as you don't mind kitties sleeping with you. But it's not going to be 70 for long. Going down into the 40's tonight and tomorrow night and only in the 50's I think for tomorrow.
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:32 AM   #2776

I'm rushing to get to Maggie's while it's still 70 degrees..............................

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener likes this post.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:35 AM   #2777
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning, all!

Maggie -- haha! I cleaned up part of the house I ended up tossing in some laundry and that's as far as I got there and then listed a bunch of stamps locally in the free classifieds. Time to dump nearly all of my SU! stamp sets I'm letting them go dirt cheap because honestly, in 8 years, most haven't seen ink and they just need to go! It's bittersweet. I paid a fortune for most of the sets, some rare or ret'd, and now I'm practically giving them away - eeek!

No kidding on the house deposits! We did FSU and UCF just in case. She also put in the FSU bldg. where all the theater 'geeks' go and that's our first choice, otherwise, she goes into 'general pop', lol. But at $250.00 per school, it's pricey! And you do lose some of it if you break the deposit and go to another school.

Aw, poor Brock! Maybe its' a good day to take him somewhere, would that work? If he can't get to work, maybe you can have a day out somehow?

In the 80's here again - anyone want some SUMMER?!!!!!!!!!

Hugs!
Well, at least you had some productivity! I have a bunch of SU stamp sets in boxes that I'd like to get rid of. I'd really like to have a craft garage sale and see if I can sell to some of the people in my neighborhood. I do belong to a beg, barter, trade FB group that I could try to sell through. I did put a pair of Lucchese cowboy boots up on it last night to see if I can sell them. They were given to me many years ago and I only wear them once a year on Go Texan Day, but they are hurting my back when I wear them. I tried to give them away to my DGD, but her foot was too small for them.

I guess no word yet. My DD told me yesterday that a couple of the girls from their coaching group got in, but that's all I've heard so far.

I'd love to have some Spring! I don't think I'm quite ready for Summer yet.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:36 AM   #2778
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Kelly, my DH did take Brock out to the "Red and Green and Orange and Yellow Store" a wee bit ago. He seemed to be pleased to get to do that. And soon it will be 11:30 which means he'll be digging into that lunch box and enjoying a tasty ham sandwich, doritoes, banana, grapes, cookies, and a fruit drink. Life isn't all bad.
I assume that the "Red and Green and Orange, and Yellow Store" has an actual name?

Sounds like a yummy lunch.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #2779
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I'm rushing to get to Maggie's while it's still 70 degrees..............................
76 right now - 38 tonight. 40's and 50's through the weekend. I'm afraid you're not going to make it Jeanette.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #2780
Quacker Stamper

Well, last night was an unproductive night, at least for me. I went over to my friend's house again to show her how to do Indexing on Family Search. ugh! It's hard enough to deal with people who understand English and are a little faster with their typing. Granted she is up in years, but it was such a chore. And to top it all off, one of her DD's was there who knows nothing about Indexing or the lady's computer and was trying to tell me and her mom what to do. I looked at her one time and asked her who was doing the teaching. I kept having to remind her to "tab" between entries and she was so slow at hunting and pecking. After 1 1/2 hours she only had 2 entries done. We left it at that and I told her to go ahead and practice on it and not to worry about whether she got it all right this time. For each batch, they have 2 people who work on it and then have an Arbitrator who checks the work so I wasn't worried that it would get submitted wrong. I just don't know how much of that I can do with her. Didn't get home until after 8:30 and was so exhausted by then.

I was going to do another blog post, but even after getting the images ready, I didn't get it done. I have another one for a DT that I need to do tonight, so the other one will have to wait a day or two. I don't like doing more than one in a day.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:47 AM   #2781

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
I assume that the "Red and Green and Orange, and Yellow Store" has an actual name?

Sounds like a yummy lunch.
I suppose it does, though I can't tell you what it is. Brock just calls it the "Red and Green and Orange and Yellow Store." He and his dad go there somewhat regularly.......... and they always buy a bag of those jelly-like candies (like orange slices, only the variety of flavors - Cherry/Red, Lime/Green, Orange/Orange, and Lemon/Yellow). They bring them home and Brock and I share.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-04-2015, 09:49 AM   #2782

Oh Maggie, last night's experience sounds draining. I feel for you!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-04-2015, 09:56 AM   #2783
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Not a bad lunch at all! (well ... except the ham!)
My dd and I were playing around in the kitchen earlier (her class was cancelled) making smoothie 'concoctions' ~ all I can remember in mine was juice, strawberries, banana and not a clue what else went in - but it wasn't half bad

I'm glad he had a nice time at the R, G, O, Y store!
Old 03-04-2015, 10:01 AM   #2784
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Right! I just want to clear up some space and declutter! Maybe it's Spring Cleaning - ha! Ya'll don't forget we Spring Forward this weekend - set your clocks ahead!!

No word here either but I refuse to think about it. TBH, I don't get a good vibe. Competition was just too thick and spots too limited. DD's bff was also up there with her and he got a business card and a smile from the director! She said "We'll call you". We were told in the meeting that if you are in, you get a phone call. A letter, too, but they usually call. I just want all this to be over. Dd is so stressed out its' ridiculous. If your dream school tells you no, its' a huge blow. She has options, but they aren't THE ONE. I don't want to hear about this anymore in my house ..... ROFL!
Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Well, at least you had some productivity! I have a bunch of SU stamp sets in boxes that I'd like to get rid of. I'd really like to have a craft garage sale and see if I can sell to some of the people in my neighborhood. I do belong to a beg, barter, trade FB group that I could try to sell through. I did put a pair of Lucchese cowboy boots up on it last night to see if I can sell them. They were given to me many years ago and I only wear them once a year on Go Texan Day, but they are hurting my back when I wear them. I tried to give them away to my DGD, but her foot was too small for them.

I guess no word yet. My DD told me yesterday that a couple of the girls from their coaching group got in, but that's all I've heard so far.

I'd love to have some Spring! I don't think I'm quite ready for Summer yet.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:07 PM   #2785
Mad Swapper

Hi all - we are still warm for this time of year if you want to come and visit, but jump on the next flight as we are due to get rain and lower temps this weekend - just as long as they come up again to fully ripen the tomatoes (which are incredibly late) and the grapes I don't mind - we need some rain

Oh Kelly what a wait - I won't mention what for........

Maggie your evening sounds enough to try the patience of a saint!!

Darlene - hang in there girl - we love you, and love to see you when you pop in. Take care and make time for yourself.

Jeanette I can see where Brock gets the name of the store from - the sweets - glad you can enjoy them with him.

Shelly are you working yourself to death - hope not and that we see you soon.

Barb I cannot imagine the snow and ice you are getting - we only get very light snow here about once in five years or so - it's remarkable if it stays on the ground for any time! The South Island gets some heavy snow at times.

Waving and blowing kisses at Kel and Kristie and anybody else I may have missed
Old 03-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #2786
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello ladies! Who caught up with what is going on with everyone- a busy group here!

Katie is headed back to China tomorrow- I am working, then hopping in the car headed to Ky to my folks, then heading to Michigan Sunday to pick up Stephi.....it is her Spring Break.

Katie and I went to a tea tasting today- it was wonderful- she knows alot about teas, and we learned about teas from all over..... and came home with some as well. Then we shopped and went to dinner. She is catching up with her girl friends tonight and I am on the computer and will be packing soon.

I have been a little MIA, and may be some more until next Monday or so. Hoping the folks are OK when we arrive, my oldest brother lives in the area- he just had hernia surgery, but today is his B-day, so hoping to catch up with him this weekend as well.

Maxine- Mmmmm I LOVE fresh tomato's.... Ours were late this past summer too- I think this year, I will plant the mini bite sized ones as well. And, I would be happy with 50-60 right about now!

Kelly- I know your daughter will do well where ever she ends up! She looked so much like you in her FB pic. There are a couple of FB groups for destashing...I have some stamps I purchased way back when for candy and never shared it. I decided to share them now- I really enjoy that- nothing like winning candy- although, I do not want more....have too much already!

Barb- we had slippery roads in the early AM, but it warmed up and melted- good think because Katie was in Michigan (drove Stephi back to school from a track meet at U of I) and was driving home back to Illinois- I am glad the traffic went well for her. I am so jealous of your fun stamping classes.

Maggie- oh what a test of your patience last night- I hope the lady catches on! You are a blessing to her! I hope you survive the winter weather- and I would come, but not so sure I would do well with the kitties- my allergies do not always agreee with my social plans : (

Jeanette- love the store, "Red and Green and Orange and Yellow Store."
Awww that is so sweet that Brock brings you a special treat on his outing. Have a safe trip and a great retreat.

Darlene- hugs to you- thinking of you and praying for you as well!

Lynn- I sure hope you and Mabel the Monitor behave! Or maybe not- if something is happening, you want them to see what it is.... So, what did you get on your trip downtown?

Kristie- wow- that is alot of stamping- and how great that has to feel when that much comes together for you! Congrats on your win : )

Kel- hope you and your family (Grandma) are doing well! Ahhhh, Hawaii sounds dreamy right about now- maybe we should all head to your house : )

Hope everyone has a fab weekend!
Shelly
Old 03-04-2015, 08:45 PM   #2787

Brock's going to have a repeat tomorrow.......... another snow day. Poor guy. At least this time he knew before he headed to bed!

Shelly, have a good/safe trip! Will be thinking of Katie as she makes her long flight back to China, too!

Maxine, yes, Brock and I do enjoy that little white bag of sweetness.

Kelly, Brock wouldn't have shared his sandwich with you, so you're safe. He's a sweet guy........ but when it comes to lunch, he does not share.

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:54 PM   #2788
Mad Swapper

Oh Jeanette - poor Brock - more and more snow and no work - or the ability to see his lady love......

Lynn, sorry I missed you before - hope all is well in your corner and Muriel is working properly and doing what she should.

Thinking of you Shelly as Katie returns to china - sounds as though you had a great time at the tea tasting.

Hugs to you all
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:47 AM   #2789
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I hope you have a awesome Thursday! March 5th is National Cheese Doodle Day, but tomorrow is National White Chocolate Cheesecake Day!
Old 03-05-2015, 06:51 AM   #2790

With all these snow days we're having....
it sure "feels" like Friday!

Maxine, Brock might ask for snow ice cream today; he considers that a benefit of a big snow.

Barb, please bypass cheese doodle day (eeewwww!) and send me a slice of white chocolate cheesecake today, as I'll be leaving for my next workshop tomorrow morning.

It was a short night here and I'm dragging this morning. I didn't go to bed until 2:00... I was working on a technical/computer glitch with the online courses I am the instructor for. Finally had to set up a new email account to make the system work. (It didn't like yahoo). UGH! Then, although I didn't have to be up for any reason this morning - Brock's work was canceled and no alarm was going to make that awful noise - I woke at 5:48 and could not go back to sleep. I'm going to be wanting a nap today, I fear.

Hugs for all!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-05-2015, 07:42 AM   #2791
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

WOWzers - between the candy, cheese doodles and cheesecake, y'all have quite a party planned in here! LOL!

Good morning indeed - late start to mine .... couldn't get to Starbucks due to the massive line of cars around the building - sadness! My phone has been ringing off the hook for different school functions, committees and volunteer work needed in the coming weeks and all I want to do is sllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Shelly, best wishes to Katie on her flight back to China - how wonderful to visit and share some tea! A caller to the radio station called in today on the topic of naughty pets and said her doxie is so short, she can't get on the couch but somehow managed and got into her purse where she had all this English tea in a bag. Tore open every last one of them and had little grains and granules all over the couch, floor, dog - wagging that tail like 'Nope, it wasn't me!" LOL!!

Good to hear from you, Maxine! I hope you get the best weather to make your tomatoes and grapes grow bountifully - if not, we have .......... candy and cheese doodles and cheesecake! ♥

*waving to all!*
Old 03-05-2015, 07:44 AM   #2792

Oh Kelly... your post had me giggling! That was one innocent dog.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-05-2015, 10:46 AM   #2793
Mad Swapper

Glad I did not know it was white chocolate cheesecake day - white chocolate gives me migraines!! How weird is that? I can eat dark chocolate fine, but not white....
Oh, and it is Friday here and it is starting to look like we may get the forecast rain
Old 03-05-2015, 05:59 PM   #2794
Pearl-ExPert

WOW! I've really been missing in action around here. Don't even know where to start in responding to everyone though.
Shelly, glad y'all had a good visit but know you're sad to see her leave again. How much longer will she be in China?

Maxine, send some of that rain here. We had messy/drizzling weather for about a week and then it got cold once more.

Kelly, hope your daughter hears something soon but know wherever she goes she'll do wonderful.

Jeanette, how fun about Brock. He sounds like a joy to have around and know he is.

Maggie, bless you on all your patience! I know when my kids try to show me how to do something on the computer they feel the exact same way! LOL!

What size boots are the ones you're selling?? I don't wear then often except in the winter but it's so hard to find my size. I wear a ladies size 4 1/2 so usually have to go for children's shoes instead. Not fun shoe shopping at all - needless to say! If I have to get dress shoes I usually have to pay an arm and a leg to get my size.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Know there's so really cold weather around the country right now. We all need to head to Hawaii with Kel, New Zealand to Maxine's, or Florida to Kelly's!

Mabel the monitor and I are getting divorced! YEP! I've had just about enough of her and am ready to kick her and all her belongings out of this house! To put it bluntly, she's a pain in the butt! Anyway, the divorce becomes final on Monday evening and she'll be gone by Tuesday morning - if I'm still sane by then!!!
Old 03-05-2015, 07:11 PM   #2795
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Right! I just want to clear up some space and declutter! Maybe it's Spring Cleaning - ha! Ya'll don't forget we Spring Forward this weekend - set your clocks ahead!!

No word here either but I refuse to think about it. TBH, I don't get a good vibe. Competition was just too thick and spots too limited. DD's bff was also up there with her and he got a business card and a smile from the director! She said "We'll call you". We were told in the meeting that if you are in, you get a phone call. A letter, too, but they usually call. I just want all this to be over. Dd is so stressed out its' ridiculous. If your dream school tells you no, its' a huge blow. She has options, but they aren't THE ONE. I don't want to hear about this anymore in my house ..... ROFL!
I like the Spring Forward, but I don't like losing an hour of sleep.

No word one way or the other on this end either. I hate the waiting.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:14 PM   #2796
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi all - we are still warm for this time of year if you want to come and visit, but jump on the next flight as we are due to get rain and lower temps this weekend - just as long as they come up again to fully ripen the tomatoes (which are incredibly late) and the grapes I don't mind - we need some rain

Oh Kelly what a wait - I won't mention what for........

Maggie your evening sounds enough to try the patience of a saint!!

Darlene - hang in there girl - we love you, and love to see you when you pop in. Take care and make time for yourself.

Jeanette I can see where Brock gets the name of the store from - the sweets - glad you can enjoy them with him.

Shelly are you working yourself to death - hope not and that we see you soon.

Barb I cannot imagine the snow and ice you are getting - we only get very light snow here about once in five years or so - it's remarkable if it stays on the ground for any time! The South Island gets some heavy snow at times.

Waving and blowing kisses at Kel and Kristie and anybody else I may have missed
Glad that you're getting some rain that you need. We've been getting it too, but don't really need it right now. That's great that you're getting tomatoes and grapes.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:20 PM   #2797
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello ladies! Who caught up with what is going on with everyone- a busy group here!

Katie is headed back to China tomorrow- I am working, then hopping in the car headed to Ky to my folks, then heading to Michigan Sunday to pick up Stephi.....it is her Spring Break.

Katie and I went to a tea tasting today- it was wonderful- she knows alot about teas, and we learned about teas from all over..... and came home with some as well. Then we shopped and went to dinner. She is catching up with her girl friends tonight and I am on the computer and will be packing soon.

I have been a little MIA, and may be some more until next Monday or so. Hoping the folks are OK when we arrive, my oldest brother lives in the area- he just had hernia surgery, but today is his B-day, so hoping to catch up with him this weekend as well.

Maxine- Mmmmm I LOVE fresh tomato's.... Ours were late this past summer too- I think this year, I will plant the mini bite sized ones as well. And, I would be happy with 50-60 right about now!

Kelly- I know your daughter will do well where ever she ends up! She looked so much like you in her FB pic. There are a couple of FB groups for destashing...I have some stamps I purchased way back when for candy and never shared it. I decided to share them now- I really enjoy that- nothing like winning candy- although, I do not want more....have too much already!

Barb- we had slippery roads in the early AM, but it warmed up and melted- good think because Katie was in Michigan (drove Stephi back to school from a track meet at U of I) and was driving home back to Illinois- I am glad the traffic went well for her. I am so jealous of your fun stamping classes.

Maggie- oh what a test of your patience last night- I hope the lady catches on! You are a blessing to her! I hope you survive the winter weather- and I would come, but not so sure I would do well with the kitties- my allergies do not always agreee with my social plans : (

Jeanette- love the store, "Red and Green and Orange and Yellow Store."
Awww that is so sweet that Brock brings you a special treat on his outing. Have a safe trip and a great retreat.

Darlene- hugs to you- thinking of you and praying for you as well!

Lynn- I sure hope you and Mabel the Monitor behave! Or maybe not- if something is happening, you want them to see what it is.... So, what did you get on your trip downtown?

Kristie- wow- that is alot of stamping- and how great that has to feel when that much comes together for you! Congrats on your win : )

Kel- hope you and your family (Grandma) are doing well! Ahhhh, Hawaii sounds dreamy right about now- maybe we should all head to your house : )

Hope everyone has a fab weekend!
Shelly
Hi Shelly,

Sounds like a fun time with Katie. I know you're going to miss her, but it's only 3 more months. Will she come home for good then? Hope you have a safe trip to see your folks.

I feel sorry for your brother. My SIL had hernia surgery 2 days before Christmas. It was 6 weeks before he was able to eat real food.

Supposed to get down below freezing tonight and stay cool for the next week or so.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:21 PM   #2798
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Brock's going to have a repeat tomorrow.......... another snow day. Poor guy. At least this time he knew before he headed to bed!

Shelly, have a good/safe trip! Will be thinking of Katie as she makes her long flight back to China, too!

Maxine, yes, Brock and I do enjoy that little white bag of sweetness.

Kelly, Brock wouldn't have shared his sandwich with you, so you're safe. He's a sweet guy........ but when it comes to lunch, he does not share.
Sorry that Brock won't get to go to work again.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:23 PM   #2799
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

With all these snow days we're having....
it sure "feels" like Friday!

Maxine, Brock might ask for snow ice cream today; he considers that a benefit of a big snow.

Barb, please bypass cheese doodle day (eeewwww!) and send me a slice of white chocolate cheesecake today, as I'll be leaving for my next workshop tomorrow morning.

It was a short night here and I'm dragging this morning. I didn't go to bed until 2:00... I was working on a technical/computer glitch with the online courses I am the instructor for. Finally had to set up a new email account to make the system work. (It didn't like yahoo). UGH! Then, although I didn't have to be up for any reason this morning - Brock's work was canceled and no alarm was going to make that awful noise - I woke at 5:48 and could not go back to sleep. I'm going to be wanting a nap today, I fear.

Hugs for all!!!
Sorry that you didn't get much sleep. I hope you were able to get a nap and get some more rest tonight.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:26 PM   #2800
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

WOWzers - between the candy, cheese doodles and cheesecake, y'all have quite a party planned in here! LOL!

Good morning indeed - late start to mine .... couldn't get to Starbucks due to the massive line of cars around the building - sadness! My phone has been ringing off the hook for different school functions, committees and volunteer work needed in the coming weeks and all I want to do is sllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Shelly, best wishes to Katie on her flight back to China - how wonderful to visit and share some tea! A caller to the radio station called in today on the topic of naughty pets and said her doxie is so short, she can't get on the couch but somehow managed and got into her purse where she had all this English tea in a bag. Tore open every last one of them and had little grains and granules all over the couch, floor, dog - wagging that tail like 'Nope, it wasn't me!" LOL!!

Good to hear from you, Maxine! I hope you get the best weather to make your tomatoes and grapes grow bountifully - if not, we have .......... candy and cheese doodles and cheesecake! ♥

*waving to all!*
Sorry no SB this morning. LOL! Funny dog story.