Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-14-2015, 11:01 PM   #2641
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

I hope everyone had a fab Valentines Day! We stayed home and watched an old Carry Grant Love Story Oh my he is so handsome!

Tomorrow is my last day off from vacation. I go back to work on Monday- but then have off until Thursday and then again until Tuesday. I may head back to Ky for the weekend to see my folks.......

Katie is headed to Ohio to see friends tomorrow, then will swing over to see my folks on Wednesday. She is transitioning well to the time change.

Jeanette- absolutely loved the story about Brock and his Valentine dance card- how sweet is that!

Waving hello to all- Oh, and Kel- I need your mail address, your birthday and your e-mail please to add to our list.

Brrrrrr it is so cold here- 2 with a wind chill in the negatives..... It is winter, and we are in Chicago......

Shelly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:14 AM   #2642
Pearl-ExPert

Jeanette, that's so cute about Brock! So did he get his dance with Kelly yet?

Shelly, sounds like you're busy and on the go once again. Glad Katie is adjusting to the time change. Know that can be so hard. How long will she be in the states?

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend and had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:31 AM   #2643
Gabfest Goddess

Hello from NH with our second blizzard of the winter. Hmmpf - this time Boston got it worse than we did. Poor folks down there. At least up here it's more rural and open and we have more places to haul the snow.

Now the winds are picking up. We're on the "backside" of the storm. That means the center is moving eastward & out to see, so the circular pattern of the storm winds will really start hitting us now through tomorrow morning. Will make for dangerous wind chills.

My friends - my little Lou died in my hands last night, right after her eating her dinner. Must have been a heart attack. She was young and completely healthy. At least I was holding her. I'm thankful for that.

Bijou is taking it hard, so I'm spending the day with him and we'll be getting inky together. Good for both of us I think.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:56 AM   #2644
Pearl-ExPert

Darlene, please stay inside and safe in that horrible weather! Been thinking about you and all that snow.

I'm so very sorry about Lou. She was such a pretty bird and I know both you and Bijou are missing her terribly. It's always so hard to lose a pet that we love. Hugs to you!
Old 02-15-2015, 06:48 PM   #2645
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Darlene - my heart aches for you! I hope bijou is giving extra pecks and feathered hugs!

Happy belated Valentine's! Cupid was very sweet and my wonderful dh surprised me with a beautiful heart diamond and blue sapphire necklace - my mouth dropped! So unexpected. I would have been just as happy with just my son's tissue paper heart card ❤️ For a little boy that doesn't like arts and crafts, he sure can make his momma cry!

While my daughter is better, the other one has us to and fro! She had a major audition on Saturday - yep, V-day. She won't get a letter either way until late March. It went well, but they are very particular. They know who and what they want so stressing or worry gets us nowhere! We have one this weekend and another next weekend and 2 somewhere in between but those are day trips. Were covering a lot of Florida this month!

Hugs!!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:27 PM   #2646
Mad Swapper

Oh Darlene I hear your pain - those wee birds take up a huge part of our hearts. Take care in that horrible weather too.

Shelly I am sure you are loving having Katie in the country - can't say she is 'home' as obviously she is visiting while she is in the States.

Waving at Kel, Kristie and Lynn

Jeanette you really do lead a very busy life Take care you don't burn out won't you.

Kelly what precious Valentines gifts - we were only just starting to come right and all I did was pick some flowers for DH - no card, nothing .
Old 02-16-2015, 04:33 AM   #2647
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

For those in the US - Happy President's Day! We're celebrating the day with a winter storm - possible 8" of snow. Yes, we do know how to have honor our presidents. LOL!

Shelly, it's good to see you - but shucks! Vacation is about over? It went by so quickly!

Darlene... I'm so sorry! Hugs, my friend... and feathery hugs for Bijou, too!

Lynn, YES, Brock did get to dance with Kelly....... as well as a lot of others. AND they had punch and cookies! He was so happy when he got home from work on Friday and he's still talking about it!

Kelly, that was so sweet of your two guys! Isn't it nice to be loved???

Maxine, I have been a bit busy lately. LOL! But I do love what I do! Are you and DH all better now?

Waving at everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 02-16-2015, 06:33 AM   #2648
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Monday to You!

I hope you had a good weekend and a sweet Valentine's Day! We were in Chicago and had a bit of a snowy ride home yesterday afternoon. The roads were not too good until we got to the state line and then it looked like we did not even get any snow. We went to our annual DePaul women's basketball game with nephew's family--and they won! We went out to dinner Saturday night with them to a German restaurant--how romantic is that?! The food was awesome! But I am a bit biased as I am a first generation German living in Wisconsin!

I get to play with ink, paper and stamps today--my craft desk is a mess right now with projects and it is time to finish at least one of them!
Old 02-16-2015, 06:33 AM   #2649
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Look at Jeanette, starting her monkey-business already this morning! hee hee!

Morning, all! I was supposed to be at bible study at 10 am but the mommy called and asked us to slow down or drive around the block as she's running late - so I'm skimming the blogs and threads. BTDT so I'm being patient! ♥

Be safe out there in all that snow and the storms! My dd Victoria was supposed to be in NYC this weekend with her friends that invited her to a bday celebration - she was not cleared to go medically and is so bummed out! Her Dr said absolutely not and gave us a big fat NO. We hope to make it up to her as we feel bad that she had to miss this event and they keep sending her pictures and snapchats, I know its' hard. We hope to make it up to her another time.

Max, I LOVE LOVE LOVE handpicked flowers - they are my very favorite I'm not a roses or flower delivery kinda girl - pick me a bouquet from a field and I'm swooning!!

Blessings, all!
Old 02-16-2015, 06:36 AM   #2650
SCS RAK Coordinator

Darlene--hope you are safe today and I too am sorry for your loss. I hope Bijou is doing better today too.

Kelly--what a wonderful gift from your hubby. I will continue to think positive thoughts for both of your daughters--one for healing and the other for success on stage!

Shelly--sorry it is back to work for you.

Jeanette--stay safe today in the snow. Stay in and admire the flakes from inside!!!!

Maxine--hope both of you are feeling better.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:18 PM   #2651
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies,

I'm sorry I've been MIA again. I was sick last weekend and took my first sick day last Monday. We've had more snow and then frigid temps. We don't have insulation in our walls so it's hard to keep it warm in here some days. We finally got the spare room clean enough for Mike to start assembling the elliptical. I have a LOT of work ahead of me in cleaning up the messes we now have in the bedroom and dining room. I'm getting a lot better with purging. I also started a project in my room today. Set up a tower with shelves and moved all my DCWV and SU 12x12 stuff off the floor onto the shelves. I'm forcing myself to go through some containers of ancient paper stuff that I moved with me over 5 years ago...making progress with my keep/give away/toss piles. We had an okay Valentines Day, Mike sent me 2 dozen long stem red roses at work a few days before and then the day of, we had dinner at home. We went out for lunch and discovered our favorite pizza place closed According to their fb, it's only temporary but we'll see. The place we did end up going was not that great so we will be on the hunt for good pizza that is easy to get. We have awesome pizza in New Haven but parking is terrible so we go outside our city to get it.

Darlene - I am so, so sorry about your Lou. Big hugs! Belated Birthday wishes to you too.

Lynn & Maggie - glad you are both feeling better!!

Kelly - So happy to hear that Victoria is doing well but sorry she had to miss her NYC trip.

Shelly - welcome back! I'm glad you had a good trip to Florida and enjoying Katie's visit home.

Maxine - oh no...so sorry you and DH got so sick! I have had food poisoning and know how icky it is.

Jeanette - the story about Brock and his Valentine was so cute! Glad he enjoyed the party.

Barb, Kel and anyone else I've missed - hello!

I'm going back to sorting papers until the Bachelor starts.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:13 PM   #2652
Pearl-ExPert

This is so sad and unfair!!!!!!!!! Kelly gets diamonds and sapphires and I get Whataburger! Yep! Jim's favorite place to eat so that's where we went! LOL! BUT, good news! After leaving there we went by the feed store and they gave all the lady customers a single long stemmed rose! LOL!!!! No where else but Texas at a feed store!

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend though and that's great! Barb, it really sounds cold up your way! Brrrrrr........

Kristi, I don't even want to think about purging and all that but yes, it needs to be done. That's so sweet that you got all the roses too!

Jeanette - sounds a little frigid in your part of the world too! Will winter ever end!!! So glad Brock got that dance! How excited he must have been - and still is!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:25 PM   #2653
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, and Kelly! Your necklace sounds gorgeous!!!!
Old 02-17-2015, 06:35 AM   #2654
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hiya Kristi - good to hear from you! I'm sorry you've been so sick, it's definitely the time of year, esp with this weather! Your V-day sounds like it was nice to get out and enjoy each other, even if your fave pizza place was closed. I have a friend in East Haven - not a clue where that is in relation to New Haven though! Is that near you?

LOL, Lynn - yes my little sparkly was a huge surprise, even after 30 years together, he can still surprise me - amazing But truly, it's the macaroni necklaces, hand made drawings and hand picked flowers that get me every. single. time. ♥

DD started college classes again this am -- she's been off for a week+. Ds and I are heading the park in a bit to bike ride since it's a gorgeous day out, and it's a No School Teacher's Work Day. I like how they squeezed one in there right after a holiday to make it a 4 day weekend! Works for me!

*waving hi to everyone!*
mschoener and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:08 AM   #2655

Kristie, it's good to see you. I'm sorry you've been sick.... but wow! Look at you! You are making great progress! (I need to do the same, but always seem to find an excuse to hoard my toys.)

Kelly, love that you and your little man get a 4-day weekend AND a bike ride! (Brock would love to go to the park today, too - to feed the ducks - and I'm sure they're missing him, but I suspect the snow will keep DH from taking him to his beloved ducks.)

Lynn, I love it! Whataburger and a feed store rose! Priceless! BTW, I've never had a Whataburger - though I did see them in the airport when I flew to Dallas last month. Are they good???? Should I have eaten one?

Barb, I did watch the snow from inside... didn't step out the door once yesterday. Of course I spent all day - hours and HOURS - working on my workshop lesson plans so I didn't have much time to admire the snow even from inside. LOL!

Waving at everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-17-2015, 07:52 AM   #2656
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Have a Terrific Tuesday!!!!
Old 02-17-2015, 08:35 AM   #2657
Gabfest Goddess

Hello fellow Stamp Addicts!

Bijou is spending his first day alone in there while I'm working in the next room. It's a hard adjustment for him.

Kristie, so sorry to hear how sick you've been. I admire you for your sorting & purging. It's a big job but you'll feel so good when it's done!

Lynn, I guess I need to go to a Texas feed store on Valentine's Day! lol

Maxine, how are you doing?

Waving to everyone & thank you for the kind thoughts about me, Bijou and Lou, It's very kind of you and much appreciated!

Old 02-17-2015, 09:09 AM   #2658

Hi Barb... it's been a wild Tuesday here so far!

Hi Darlene, awwwwwwwwww... I hurt for Bijou! Poor guy!

Our Brock is having such a stressful day. First, there was no work yesterday - President's Day. And now no work today - too much snow.

He just came to me with big wide eyes and said "I miss you." (Remember, he doesn't always word things quite like other people... so I knew he wasn't talking about me.) I said, "Brock, who do you miss?"

"Kelly!"

(I'm not surprised............. after all, he does have that man-sized crush, you know.)

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:06 AM   #2659
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Maggie, my DD did some research on food poisoning and meat can react as quickly as 2-6 hours or as long as 4 days - we had sausages for dinner Monday evening, and DH had three, I had one as I am not that keen on them anyway..... even the Dr at ER said it could be food poisoning. I was uncomfortable for a couple of days before it hit me.

We are gradually getting better DH slept most of yesterday, and on chatting with him today, he had not realised I had been ill too (I went and slept in another room for a couple of nights) - he must have been really quite "out of it". At least being deaf and not wearing his hearing aides at night he would avoid most of the 'sound effects' that were around him. .
Glad to hear that you are both recovering. Hope you are back to as normal as normal can be. That's funny that he doesn't wear his hearing aids at night. Something could come up and he would have to hear you.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 02-17-2015, 10:08 AM   #2660
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Ahhhh to catch up! I will head off to blog hop after dropping in here.

Maxine- glad it sounds like you are on the mend! I had a touch of food poisoning once- the night before my sister's rehearsal dinner. I think it was sausage or pork- we went to a Cubs game and I got sick after we ate out after the game........ That sounds dreadful, hubby must have been really out of it!

Lynn- sounds like you are on the mend as well! I hope the boys are both improving as well..... Is Jim OK now? And, hope the specialist for the dog does not break the bank!

We are back- I had to make a DT project when I got back- for today- I could not get it all done before I left. I stayed up late- we were on an early schedule in Florida, so I was propping my eyelids open with toothpicks! Not really, bit it was hard to stay up.

Off to hop= and hello to all!

Shelly
Glad you had such a fun time in Florida and now having your DD there with you for while will be so nice for you. Sorry you had to jump right back into getting a DT card done. I'm bad about doing last minute stuff.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:11 AM   #2661
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good morning, girls! I think I look like Jeanette's blinkie, too!

If all goes as planned Maggie, I'll be there this summer! My brother isn't available the week we have Spring Break so we're pushing it back to the summer, which is even better ♥ DD18 will be in Nashville over Spring break, not with me though - I wish we could have swung it, but it was too expensive and we were all just there in December. We must have had some foresight because I can't even imagine the doctor's bills that will be rolling in for Victoria in the next few weeks! Yikes! We have insurance but a high deductible - which, of course, rolled over in the new year so we have to start all over and pay, pay, pay!

Welcome back, Shel!

And feel better, Maxine!

Waving to all!
I had the same issue with my HSA. I had thought about having my cataract surgery last year because I thought out insurance year was good until April, but it ended on December 31, so I ran out of time. I'm almost up to my HSA deductible now though so most anything that I do after February this year will be paid at 100%.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:14 AM   #2662
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello from NH with our second blizzard of the winter. Hmmpf - this time Boston got it worse than we did. Poor folks down there. At least up here it's more rural and open and we have more places to haul the snow.

Now the winds are picking up. We're on the "backside" of the storm. That means the center is moving eastward & out to see, so the circular pattern of the storm winds will really start hitting us now through tomorrow morning. Will make for dangerous wind chills.

My friends - my little Lou died in my hands last night, right after her eating her dinner. Must have been a heart attack. She was young and completely healthy. At least I was holding her. I'm thankful for that.

Bijou is taking it hard, so I'm spending the day with him and we'll be getting inky together. Good for both of us I think.
Oh, Darlene, I'm so sorry to hear about Lou. I know how it is when we lose one of our little friends. I'm glad that you were right there when it happened. Poor Bijou, I'm sure he's wondering where she is. Will you get him another companion?

Old 02-17-2015, 10:16 AM   #2663
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh Darlene - my heart aches for you! I hope bijou is giving extra pecks and feathered hugs!

Happy belated Valentine's! Cupid was very sweet and my wonderful dh surprised me with a beautiful heart diamond and blue sapphire necklace - my mouth dropped! So unexpected. I would have been just as happy with just my son's tissue paper heart card ❤️ For a little boy that doesn't like arts and crafts, he sure can make his momma cry!

While my daughter is better, the other one has us to and fro! She had a major audition on Saturday - yep, V-day. She won't get a letter either way until late March. It went well, but they are very particular. They know who and what they want so stressing or worry gets us nowhere! We have one this weekend and another next weekend and 2 somewhere in between but those are day trips. Were covering a lot of Florida this month!

Hugs!!
I know how it goes with the waiting. I have two DGD's that are waiting to hear from schools about their future and where they will be attending school next year. My DD here in TX just applied to Music School at 2 colleges, so hopefully she'll get accepted at one of them.

My DGD and DD in CA have one last trip next weekend. I think they are going to Florida for auditions.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #2664
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

For those in the US - Happy President's Day! We're celebrating the day with a winter storm - possible 8" of snow. Yes, we do know how to have honor our presidents. LOL!

Shelly, it's good to see you - but shucks! Vacation is about over? It went by so quickly!

Darlene... I'm so sorry! Hugs, my friend... and feathery hugs for Bijou, too!

Lynn, YES, Brock did get to dance with Kelly....... as well as a lot of others. AND they had punch and cookies! He was so happy when he got home from work on Friday and he's still talking about it!

Kelly, that was so sweet of your two guys! Isn't it nice to be loved???

Maxine, I have been a bit busy lately. LOL! But I do love what I do! Are you and DH all better now?

Waving at everyone else!
Jeanette, what a sweet story about Brock and Kelly and that he had a good time at the dance. It is nice to see some of our children's dreams realized.
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:25 AM   #2665
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Look at Jeanette, starting her monkey-business already this morning! hee hee!

Morning, all! I was supposed to be at bible study at 10 am but the mommy called and asked us to slow down or drive around the block as she's running late - so I'm skimming the blogs and threads. BTDT so I'm being patient! ♥

Be safe out there in all that snow and the storms! My dd Victoria was supposed to be in NYC this weekend with her friends that invited her to a bday celebration - she was not cleared to go medically and is so bummed out! Her Dr said absolutely not and gave us a big fat NO. We hope to make it up to her as we feel bad that she had to miss this event and they keep sending her pictures and snapchats, I know its' hard. We hope to make it up to her another time.

Max, I LOVE LOVE LOVE handpicked flowers - they are my very favorite I'm not a roses or flower delivery kinda girl - pick me a bouquet from a field and I'm swooning!!

Blessings, all!
Oh, so sorry that Victoria wasn't able to travel and go be with her friends in NYC. I'm sure that made her sad, but I know that you and the rest of the family will do your best to cheer her up.

My favorite - yellow roses. So beautiful.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:29 AM   #2666
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi ladies,

I'm sorry I've been MIA again. I was sick last weekend and took my first sick day last Monday. We've had more snow and then frigid temps. We don't have insulation in our walls so it's hard to keep it warm in here some days. We finally got the spare room clean enough for Mike to start assembling the elliptical. I have a LOT of work ahead of me in cleaning up the messes we now have in the bedroom and dining room. I'm getting a lot better with purging. I also started a project in my room today. Set up a tower with shelves and moved all my DCWV and SU 12x12 stuff off the floor onto the shelves. I'm forcing myself to go through some containers of ancient paper stuff that I moved with me over 5 years ago...making progress with my keep/give away/toss piles. We had an okay Valentines Day, Mike sent me 2 dozen long stem red roses at work a few days before and then the day of, we had dinner at home. We went out for lunch and discovered our favorite pizza place closed According to their fb, it's only temporary but we'll see. The place we did end up going was not that great so we will be on the hunt for good pizza that is easy to get. We have awesome pizza in New Haven but parking is terrible so we go outside our city to get it.

Darlene - I am so, so sorry about your Lou. Big hugs! Belated Birthday wishes to you too.

Lynn & Maggie - glad you are both feeling better!!

Kelly - So happy to hear that Victoria is doing well but sorry she had to miss her NYC trip.

Shelly - welcome back! I'm glad you had a good trip to Florida and enjoying Katie's visit home.

Maxine - oh no...so sorry you and DH got so sick! I have had food poisoning and know how icky it is.

Jeanette - the story about Brock and his Valentine was so cute! Glad he enjoyed the party.

Barb, Kel and anyone else I've missed - hello!

I'm going back to sorting papers until the Bachelor starts.
Good luck on the purging and getting everything sorted out the way you want it. I really need to do some of that myself, but it's hard to find the time in the evenings or on weekends.

Sorry your favorite pizza place closed. I do hope for your sakes that it's only temporary. It's hard when you have favorite places to go and they disappear. That was sweet of DH to send you the roses at work so you could enjoy them.

Thanks. I'm so happy that I wake up in the morning now and do NOT have a sore throat. I'm still on meds until Saturday.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:33 AM   #2667
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi Barb... it's been a wild Tuesday here so far!

Hi Darlene, awwwwwwwwww... I hurt for Bijou! Poor guy!

Our Brock is having such a stressful day. First, there was no work yesterday - President's Day. And now no work today - too much snow.

He just came to me with big wide eyes and said "I miss you." (Remember, he doesn't always word things quite like other people... so I knew he wasn't talking about me.) I said, "Brock, who do you miss?"

"Kelly!"

(I'm not surprised............. after all, he does have that man-sized crush, you know.)
LOL! Funny that someone should be sad because they don't have to go to work. I do hope that this man-sized crush doesn't lead to a big let down in the future.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:41 AM   #2668
Quacker Stamper

I had a pretty laid-back weekend. It was great that I was finally feeling better and felt like going out to eat, so my GF Gloria and I went to a Chinese place. Food was good. I wanted some Sushi, but they only served the non cooked kind and I don't eat raw fish. I really enjoyed the night out though. Went to see my GF's new apartment. It's kind of a senior place although you don't have to be a senior to live here. Her youngest DD is living with her right now.

Saturday I did errands. Needed to go to Hobby Lobby (had a 40% coupon), Bed, Bath & Beyond (got GC for GF's DD's wedding this Friday night), Office Depot (needed ink - checked out their c/s - too expensive), Michael's (had a 25% off everything coupon), and then HEB (for groceries). I was out and about for some time going to all those places. Of course I picked up things wherever I went.

Worked on one of my DT cards on Saturday.

Sunday was church. We had a special meeting with 2 of our Stakes. You probably don't know what that is, but a Stake is made up of about 8-12 Wards. A Ward is my church family. These 2 Stakes have been growing and growing, so they divided them into 3 Stakes. Took 4 Wards from each and made the 3rd one. I will belong to the new one. We have Stake Conference now on Sunday to finish getting that all organized as they call a Stake President and all the other Stake Leaders that they will need.

Went over to DD's house after that for dinner. My DGD had just gotten home from San Antonio where she had gone with 2 other girls from her school choir and the director. They had young people from all over the State come together and do some singing together. She said it was awesome. She didn't venture out though and do any sightseeing.

Didn't do much last night. DD from CA called and we talked awhile. Her MIL is not doing well. Poor woman has Shingles in her mouth!!! She was in the hospital but they sent her home (shouldn't have) and she's had a caregiver there at her house, but the other day she passed out in the tub and I guess the caregiver heard her fall and went to see her and she was under water. Luckily, she didn't have any drowning issues, but she's very week still. My DD is afraid that she may have to come stay with them for awhile until she's back on her feet. It's sad. There are 6 children, but the 3 girls hardly speak to her so it's up to the boys to go check on her and since my SIL is the oldest boy with the big house and extra room they will all look to him as they always do. They are really a very dysfunctional family. My DD doesn't have the time to play nursemaid either with trying to get Amanda situated in college and she's also working and it's about to get busier for her with work. We would appreciate prayers for all of them.

I did work on my DT card that I need by Friday so they are both done now. The DD of one of my GF's at work is getting married at 7 pm on Friday night. Not sure if I'll make it to the ceremony or not because it is pretty far from my house and I'm not leaving work early to get there. I did get them a GC to Bed, Bath & Beyond and want to make a pretty card to go with it. I'll work on that tonight.

Saturday going with my DD and family from here to see Cirque de Soleil and then out to dinner. Should be fun.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:38 AM   #2669

That guy sure makes me smile!
Of course, Smoochy would make me even happier, Barb!
*hint *hint

I'm rushing RUSHING... trying to get these two workshops ready to teach... EEK! So much to do; so little time.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-18-2015, 05:50 AM   #2670
Gabfest Goddess

Morning all!
Maggie, sounds like a fun shopping day last weekend!! How awful for your DD in CA - Her MIL's health sounds scary! I didn't know you could get shingles in the mouth. I can't even imagine that. PTL that the caregiver was there when she fell in the tub. Will definitely add the whole family to my prayers.

Jeanette: sorry you're so rushed. Wishing you success with your workshops!

Maxine, still getting better? I sure hope so.

ok, off I go to get back to working. Waving hello to you all

Old 02-18-2015, 06:16 AM   #2671
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Oh, so sorry that Victoria wasn't able to travel and go be with her friends in NYC. I'm sure that made her sad, but I know that you and the rest of the family will do your best to cheer her up.

My favorite - yellow roses. So beautiful.
Of course! You're from Texas!

I love tulips most of all ~ they remind me of my childhood. My mom grew them on the side of our house in England and Germany ~ yep, and she even went to the nearby farmers and asked for their manure to fertilize them ... YUCK! Playing the backyard at times ....... stunk! LOL!
Old 02-18-2015, 06:20 AM   #2672

Kelly, I love tulips, too... my favorite spring flower. And the previous house-dwellers here planted some in front of our house so I get to admire them every spring. Just last week I noticed they were coming through the ground... about an inch tall. Now the poor things are all covered in snow.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-18-2015, 07:15 AM   #2674
SCS RAK Coordinator

Shelly--sounds like a great weekend!

Jeanette--sorry that Smoochy got trumped today!
Old 02-18-2015, 08:31 AM   #2675
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Morning all!
Maggie, sounds like a fun shopping day last weekend!! How awful for your DD in CA - Her MIL's health sounds scary! I didn't know you could get shingles in the mouth. I can't even imagine that. PTL that the caregiver was there when she fell in the tub. Will definitely add the whole family to my prayers.

Jeanette: sorry you're so rushed. Wishing you success with your workshops!

Maxine, still getting better? I sure hope so.

ok, off I go to get back to working. Waving hello to you all
Yes, just like you can get chicken pox in your mouth or anywhere on your body. Neither of my DD's had them very bad when they were young and I don't remember having them at all.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:34 AM   #2676
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Of course! You're from Texas!

I love tulips most of all ~ they remind me of my childhood. My mom grew them on the side of our house in England and Germany ~ yep, and she even went to the nearby farmers and asked for their manure to fertilize them ... YUCK! Playing the backyard at times ....... stunk! LOL!
LOL! I guess it would.

We had all kinds of beautiful Spring flowers also - tulips, daffodils, narcissus, hyacinths, lily of the valley, crocuses, and a lilac tree. I wish they would really grow down here, but you have to dig them up and winter them over before planting them again. Too much trouble.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:35 AM   #2677
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Kelly, I love tulips, too... my favorite spring flower. And the previous house-dwellers here planted some in front of our house so I get to admire them every spring. Just last week I noticed they were coming through the ground... about an inch tall. Now the poor things are all covered in snow.
They are hardy, so hopefully they'll survive the snow fall.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #2678
Watercolor Wizard

hi all - what a weekend. i'm taking this whole week to breathe and catch up.

Friday my aunt passed away. Saturday my grandma wandered off (she's 96 and has memory lapses, don't know if they're calling it dementia/Alzheimer's yet). Sunday she wandered off AGAIN so we've been looking for 24 hour supervision for her. not fun driving around for a few hours and playing phone tag with the rest of the family to see if anyone found her yet!!!

Thankfully everything is settled down now, just a funeral to go to on Friday morning.

Thinking of you all and waiting and praying for the rest of the month (at least!) to go smoothly!!!
Old 02-18-2015, 04:42 PM   #2679
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Hiya Kristi - good to hear from you! I'm sorry you've been so sick, it's definitely the time of year, esp with this weather! Your V-day sounds like it was nice to get out and enjoy each other, even if your fave pizza place was closed. I have a friend in East Haven - not a clue where that is in relation to New Haven though! Is that near you?

*waving hi to everyone!*
It's the next city over! I'm about two miles away from the border of NH/EH.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:52 PM   #2680
Insane Embellisher

Maggie - you have me longing for spring with the description of all those flowers!! Prayers for your DD's MIL and family. I hope they can find a way to help her without the burden being on your SIL and DD. I'm so glad you had a good weekend, it's been far too long since you've been able to enjoy one!

Kel - I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Sending prayers for you and your family on the loss and that you can find care for your grandma.