In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2014, 08:25 AM   #201
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Welcome Nancy--I too added you to my blog roll.
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #202
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,919
Default

I ♥ Smoochy!!!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #203
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Hmm - I think I had better make a blog roll for this group - I have been putting it off - not that I don't like y'all you know, just too preoccupied... well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Car is back in the garage so it's H$#@W#[email protected]!!K this morning - I won't say that word.

We got RAIN last night - in good quantities and with thunder and lightening at 3:00a.m. Fun - I enjoy a good electrical storm - I was awake as the cat had just walked the full length of me .

Hope you all have a good night/day where ever you all are.
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #204
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

Haven't been around much due to yard/garden work. This time of year is so busy it seems with everything that has to be done outside. Trying to get the yard watered a little - can't do a whole lot due to water restrictions and the cost of water, but trying to get it going as much as we can. The garden......tomatoes are doing great, cukes and squash great, and the green beans are really taking their own sweet time about popping up! It still gets a little cool at night so that's probably why they don't want to poke their heads out.

Speaking of Copics.............UCK!!! I have a DT card due pretty soon with this little girl on it and all this (ugly word) hair!!! LOL! I hate coloring hair, am not good at it, and it looks like a bad peroxide job when I'm done! So frustrating! I think I've watched every tutorial and video there is on it and probably watched them three times......still looks tacky. I'm trying to figure out a way to paper piece it I think!! LOLOL!!!!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:45 PM   #205
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Hmm - I hear that Lynn, about copics, and am almost glad I don't have many - only a few that I got in some blog candy once....
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #206
Proud Fan Club Member
 
mcschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 5,108
Default

Oh Maxine...... did you get back to sleep? Our dog can hear thunder long before the rain starts, and we'll notice him following us around.....! So sorry about the car costs....boo!

Barb- I love the hump day Smoochie as well : )

Lynn- when do you get tomatoes on the vine? Mmmmmm We get ours planted in May and they ripen in August- look forward to them all summer..... I love my Copics, but I am not so great with coloring hair either..... I took an online class, but they colored from dark to light (shading first) and I color light to dark: )


Maggie- I have heard of Kale chips, but I have a bag of Kale that is chopped- so not the full leaves, so need something else to make with these. I may buy some spinach and make a quiche with Spinach, Kale and maybe ham..... My sis told me if you plant Milkweed, put it in a milk jug with the bottom cut out so it does not spread all over..... have you ever heard that? I'll have to check on Pintrest.

Barb- Oh yes, we had 60's in Chicago today as well. I took the dog on a really long walk, and kept running into people...chatted. We were gone for a couple of hours. Then, went biking with hubby when he got home from umping (girls HS softball). It is a little chilly now that the sun has gone down.

Waving hello to everyone else! Gotta work tomorrow, so I may be quiet again for a few days.....

Shelly
__________________
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
Visit My Instagram HERE DT for  Jan's Digital Stamps
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #207
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hmm - I think I had better make a blog roll for this group - I have been putting it off - not that I don't like y'all you know, just too preoccupied... well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Car is back in the garage so it's H$#@W#[email protected]!!K this morning - I won't say that word.

We got RAIN last night - in good quantities and with thunder and lightening at 3:00a.m. Fun - I enjoy a good electrical storm - I was awake as the cat had just walked the full length of me .

Hope you all have a good night/day where ever you all are.
We know you love us Maxine! Sorry about the car. I hope they can get it all fixed this time and it won't be too costly.

Ugh! I don't like storms at all. I'm always afraid that the power is going to go off.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #208
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Haven't been around much due to yard/garden work. This time of year is so busy it seems with everything that has to be done outside. Trying to get the yard watered a little - can't do a whole lot due to water restrictions and the cost of water, but trying to get it going as much as we can. The garden......tomaoes are doing great, cukes and squash great, and the green beans are really taking their own sweet time about popping up! It still gets a little cool at night so that's probably why they don't want to poke their heads out.

Speaking of Copics.............UCK!!! I have a DT card due pretty soon with this little girl on it and all this (ugly word) hair!!! LOL! I hate coloring hair, am not good at it, and it looks like a bad peroxide job when I'm done! So frustrating! I think I've watched every tutorial and video there is on it and probably watched them three times......still looks tacky. I'm trying to figure out a way to paper piece it I think!! LOLOL!!!!
Now that my plants are in the ground, I need to get out and water them at least every other night. I had to go to the Garden Store and buy a new hose and spray nozzle. The ones I had let it spritz out all over me. It's still cool here at night too, but warms up nicely during the day.

Lynn, I feel your pain. Hair for me is really hard too. All I can say is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE! Maybe try a different color combo.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #209
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Oh Maxine...... did you get back to sleep? Our dog can hear thunder long before the rain starts, and we'll notice him following us around.....! So sorry about the car costs....boo!

Barb- I love the hump day Smoochie as well : )

Lynn- when do you get tomatoes on the vine? Mmmmmm We get ours planted in May and they ripen in August- look forward to them all summer..... I love my Copics, but I am not so great with coloring hair either..... I took an online class, but they colored from dark to light (shading first) and I color light to dark: )

Maggie- I have heard of Kale chips, but I have a bag of Kale that is chopped- so not the full leaves, so need something else to make with these. I may buy some spinach and make a quiche with Spinach, Kale and maybe ham..... My sis told me if you plant Milkweed, put it in a milk jug with the bottom cut out so it does not spread all over..... have you ever heard that? I'll have to check on Pintrest.

Barb- Oh yes, we had 60's in Chicago today as well. I took the dog on a really long walk, and kept running into people...chatted. We were gone for a couple of hours. Then, went biking with hubby when he got home from umping (girls HS softball). It is a little chilly now that the sun has gone down.

Waving hello to everyone else! Gotta work tomorrow, so I may be quiet again for a few days.....

Shelly
MMmm. . That Spinach, Kale Quiche sounds really good.

No, I've never heard that about milkweed. This is the first time that I'm planting it. I don't recall that my sis has any problem with hers spreading out. I'll see how it goes. If I don't like it where it is, I'll yank it up. That's the good thing about plants, they are not set in stone.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #210
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Hi Maggie - what sort of flowers does your milkweed have?
I have a Tropical Milkweed, or Blood Flower plant . Both my neighbours have the Swan Plant variety of milkweed,, which is way more common here.

And yes, - I did get back to sleep thanks
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #211
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi Maggie - what sort of flowers does your milkweed have?
I have a Tropical Milkweed, or Blood Flower plant . Both my neighbours have the Swan Plant variety of milkweed,, which is way more common here.

And yes, - I did get back to sleep thanks
I don't know. I haven't seen any flowers on it yet.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #212
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Maggie he Swan plant has narrow, light green leaves, the Blood Flower has wider leaves that have a reddish tinge to them.
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:52 PM   #213
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I had a HUGE long post typed up and then it just totally froze. Omgosh ....... LOL!

I don't even think I remember all that I typed!

Maggie, that recipe for your broccoli patty sounds DELISH!! I'll have to earmark it as it sounds like it something I would love to add to my recipe stash I'll have to look up the nutritional content through my WW book since I am counting points - hopefully it won't be too high as I'm really enthusiastic to give it a go!

Maxine, you are so good with the plants and have a lovely green thumb. I can't even keep plastic plants alive - no joke! I just did not inherit that gene I'm getting a kick out of seeing the royal visitors and Kate giggling over the loin clothes, etc -- hee hee!

Nancy - I, too, have to update my blog roll and am thrilled to see another Floridian! In fact, I used to live near you! Many MANY years ago Dad was in the Air Force and we were stationed at Ft. Walton Beach -- had a little place in Valpariso It's changed so much! My hubby and I went back to see my old school, house, etc and could not believe how much the area had developed. But I suppose that's just about everywhere

Well, let me see what's going on around here ........ Maggie, nailed it on the head with my dd's truck. iT's so old and will cost a half a fortune to get it running again. A simple pump turned out to be an entire engine overhaul. To the tune of more money than we want to sink into it - now we don't know if we should just put it towards a new one or sink it into the old one ........ we're going to give it a day or two to think it over. Meanwhile, I feel positively silly driving her to and from college and then to and from work, LOL!!

I'll catch up tomorrow after my meeting - my son is being staffed already for the Gifted program at his new school (next year's move to public school) and we are so excited and thrilled at how fast it's moving. I sure hope so - I could use quick and easy and problem free for once *smile!*

Hugs to all my lovelies!!!!
x0x0
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:07 AM   #214
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,919
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!


__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:52 AM   #215
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Good Morning.

barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:57 AM   #216
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi Maggie - what sort of flowers does your milkweed have?
I have a Tropical Milkweed, or Blood Flower plant . Both my neighbours have the Swan Plant variety of milkweed,, which is way more common here.

And yes, - I did get back to sleep thanks
I"ll have to check it out more That Troopical Milweed looks a lot like my Mexican Honeysuckle plants. I tried to get plants that will attract hummers and butterflies. I'd really like to have a back yard that is nature friendly. That's hard to do sometimes when you have 8 cats running around chasing everything they can including each other.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:02 AM   #217
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I had a HUGE long post typed up and then it just totally froze. Omgosh ....... LOL!

I don't even think I remember all that I typed!

Maggie, that recipe for your broccoli patty sounds DELISH!! I'll have to earmark it as it sounds like it something I would love to add to my recipe stash I'll have to look up the nutritional content through my WW book since I am counting points - hopefully it won't be too high as I'm really enthusiastic to give it a go!

Maxine, you are so good with the plants and have a lovely green thumb. I can't even keep plastic plants alive - no joke! I just did not inherit that gene I'm getting a kick out of seeing the royal visitors and Kate giggling over the loin clothes, etc -- hee hee!

Nancy - I, too, have to update my blog roll and am thrilled to see another Floridian! In fact, I used to live near you! Many MANY years ago Dad was in the Air Force and we were stationed at Ft. Walton Beach -- had a little place in Valpariso It's changed so much! My hubby and I went back to see my old school, house, etc and could not believe how much the area had developed. But I suppose that's just about everywhere

Well, let me see what's going on around here ........ Maggie, nailed it on the head with my dd's truck. iT's so old and will cost a half a fortune to get it running again. A simple pump turned out to be an entire engine overhaul. To the tune of more money than we want to sink into it - now we don't know if we should just put it towards a new one or sink it into the old one ........ we're going to give it a day or two to think it over. Meanwhile, I feel positively silly driving her to and from college and then to and from work, LOL!!

I'll catch up tomorrow after my meeting - my son is being staffed already for the Gifted program at his new school (next year's move to public school) and we are so excited and thrilled at how fast it's moving. I sure hope so - I could use quick and easy and problem free for once *smile!*

Hugs to all my lovelies!!!!
x0x0
I hate when that happens!

So sorry about DD's truck. I'm sure you will figure out the best thing for it. How old is it anyway? The other issue is do you still cover it for collision insurance? If it's too old and not worth the $$ for collision insurance, then it might be best to get a newer used model. I had a Fiat Spider many years ago and spent the $$ to have the engine rebuilt. I loved that car - sporty little convertible. After I had the engine rebuilt and the car painted and new top put on it, I had it appraised for value and when it was smashed, I was at least able to get something out of it. The insurance company wouldn't have paid me anything without that appraisal.

Good luck with the school meeting for your DS.

I was going to figure out the calories in the patties myself for my NS, but haven't done that yet.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:03 AM   #218
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Good morning Stamp Addicts! Hope you have a great day. One more until Friday!
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #219
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default

Oh ladies, what a morning ... won't even get into the logistics, miles on my Jeep, or places I've been all in the span of 4 hours but came home to some wonderful news from my dd17 .............. she's been upset for her friend that did not get into the college of his dreams. She, however, has wonderful news that I'm now able to share .......

CHRISSY IS A SEMI-FINALIST
in the vocal audition talent search!!


I cannot believe it!!! We were stunned by the magnitude of turn out and the sheer amazing talent. We are blessed they chose her to be considered among them ♥ She sang a musical theater piece and you are limited to a minute. At the one minute mark, they were just listening to her sing. When one of the markers said it's time to stop, one judge looked up with his hands in the air like "HEY!?" LOL!! Like, keep going!! It was so much fun, even the part where I was nearly hurling in the bathroom Thank you for letting me share and for thinking good thoughts for us!
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #220
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,919
Default

Woo Hoo, Chrissy!!!!






Smart judges!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #221
Pearl-ExPert
 
NancyK.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pace, Florida
Posts: 2,597
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Welcome Nancy! Where in CT were you raised? I have lived in New Haven my whole life...and on the same street LOL! My husband and I bought a house down the street from my mom and stepdad. I'll get you added to my blogroll and check out your work tonight.
I was born and raised in Stamford and most of my family is still in CT - scattered in Bridgeport, Mystic and Madison. I'll be back up that way in August for my nieces wedding.

Kelly - congrats to Chrissy - that is so awesome!!

Maggie: I got started in teaching copic classes by asking my local Scrapbook store if they were interested in anyone doing a class. They did not sell copics in the store, she just wanted to get people in and she had a backroom available. Apparently there were enough people in the area that had copics and were interested. She shut down her store but not leases space out for crops and classes and I'll be teaching in May.

I'm participating in a "crafter's yard sale" on Saturday. A bunch of crafters get together in one location and try to sell all the stuff we never use!! I've been cleaning out all my old stamp sets that have not seen ink an ages or are just not my style anymore. Hope to make some $$ because I have my eyes on some new stamps!! Does it ever end???
__________________

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
NancyK. is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #222
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

Kelly, HUGE congrats to your daughter!!!!!! WooHoo!!!! You're going to have to take a video of her singing and post it! That's wonderful!

Nancy, that's great that you teach Copic classes - wish they were right next door to me! LOL! The crafters yard sale sounds like fun! Y'all don't all end up buying each others things though do you! LOL!

Shelly, our tomatoes won't be ready for about a month now. By the beginning of July or late June it's always so hot and they're ready to be pulled up. By the middle on July everything is burned up - grass/garden/and me!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #223
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Oh ladies, what a morning ... won't even get into the logistics, miles on my Jeep, or places I've been all in the span of 4 hours but came home to some wonderful news from my dd17 .............. she's been upset for her friend that did not get into the college of his dreams. She, however, has wonderful news that I'm now able to share .......

CHRISSY IS A SEMI-FINALIST
in the vocal audition talent search!!


I cannot believe it!!! We were stunned by the magnitude of turn out and the sheer amazing talent. We are blessed they chose her to be considered among them ♥ She sang a musical theater piece and you are limited to a minute. At the one minute mark, they were just listening to her sing. When one of the markers said it's time to stop, one judge looked up with his hands in the air like "HEY!?" LOL!! Like, keep going!! It was so much fun, even the part where I was nearly hurling in the bathroom Thank you for letting me share and for thinking good thoughts for us!
WOW! WTG CHRISSY! So happy for her.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:17 PM   #224
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Heart

Wohoo Chrissy - well done and congratualtions all round!! Even to Mama for all her nerves and all her taxi service
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #225
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

And wohoo to our weather - it is still raining - a good 'wetting' rain.
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:27 AM   #226
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,919
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!





TGIF!!! Are you ready for it?
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:09 AM   #227
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:06 AM   #228
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default

Good Morning, lovelies!! Arent you glad its' Friday? I am! I'm exhausted. I don't know what happened to my year of endurance -- I think I picked the wrong word, LOL!

Thank you for your kind words for Christina She's sooo excited! I"ll keep you posted ♥

I'm so happy for you girls that are planting!! Our flower beds are just awful. We have one bloom still going but for the most part, they just wither us. It's so hot here. We have a marigold bush that started to overgrow out front and I just sort of leave it

Any big plans for the weekend? One of my dd's has a party, the other is going to see Divergent (again!) and I hope to clean up the Cabana and put away all the goodies that have been arriving. I need to reorganize so badly in there and purge, clean, donate, sell or something!
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:08 AM   #229
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyK.View Post
I was born and raised in Stamford and most of my family is still in CT - scattered in Bridgeport, Mystic and Madison. I'll be back up that way in August for my nieces wedding.

Kelly - congrats to Chrissy - that is so awesome!!

Maggie: I got started in teaching copic classes by asking my local Scrapbook store if they were interested in anyone doing a class. They did not sell copics in the store, she just wanted to get people in and she had a backroom available. Apparently there were enough people in the area that had copics and were interested. She shut down her store but not leases space out for crops and classes and I'll be teaching in May.

I'm participating in a "crafter's yard sale" on Saturday. A bunch of crafters get together in one location and try to sell all the stuff we never use!! I've been cleaning out all my old stamp sets that have not seen ink an ages or are just not my style anymore. Hope to make some $$ because I have my eyes on some new stamps!! Does it ever end???

OH sounds like fun! I've scored some of my best deals this way! Before our only scrapbook store closed down, they'd host tri-annual garage sales where crafters would buy a booth for $5 and sell all their old/unwanted craft items. I would buy HUGE wooden stamps for .25c! I sure miss those

__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:21 AM   #230
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:45 PM   #231
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
You too!
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #232
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning, lovelies!! Arent you glad its' Friday? I am! I'm exhausted. I don't know what happened to my year of endurance -- I think I picked the wrong word, LOL!

Thank you for your kind words for Christina She's sooo excited! I"ll keep you posted ♥

I'm so happy for you girls that are planting!! Our flower beds are just awful. We have one bloom still going but for the most part, they just wither us. It's so hot here. We have a marigold bush that started to overgrow out front and I just sort of leave it

Any big plans for the weekend? One of my dd's has a party, the other is going to see Divergent (again!) and I hope to clean up the Cabana and put away all the goodies that have been arriving. I need to reorganize so badly in there and purge, clean, donate, sell or something!
I had a quiet, but busy day at work. Finally took my car at lunch time to get it washed. Oh my, it was so dirty. I could barely see out the back window.

LOL! Right word - you have lots of endurance or you wouldn't be getting everything done that you do.

I got out tonight and watered the flower beds and also sprayed the back yard for weeds. It took a whole bottle to do that so now I'll have to go and get another bottle for the front yard.

I've got a couple errands tomorrow and a visit to my GF who is fighting cancer. I haven't seen her for awhile and I have to prepare myself for how she is going to look. She's not eating properly and is not very strong anymore. It's so sad. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Sunday I have a family get together which is about an hour and a half away. I don't plan to stay too late. It'll be a long drive back home. The kids are going to do their Easter egg hunt and they will celebrate a few birthdays.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #233
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyK.View Post
I was born and raised in Stamford and most of my family is still in CT - scattered in Bridgeport, Mystic and Madison. I'll be back up that way in August for my nieces wedding.

Kelly - congrats to Chrissy - that is so awesome!!

Maggie: I got started in teaching copic classes by asking my local Scrapbook store if they were interested in anyone doing a class. They did not sell copics in the store, she just wanted to get people in and she had a backroom available. Apparently there were enough people in the area that had copics and were interested. She shut down her store but not leases space out for crops and classes and I'll be teaching in May.

I'm participating in a "crafter's yard sale" on Saturday. A bunch of crafters get together in one location and try to sell all the stuff we never use!! I've been cleaning out all my old stamp sets that have not seen ink an ages or are just not my style anymore. Hope to make some $$ because I have my eyes on some new stamps!! Does it ever end???
See, that was my dream job. Quit my full time job and go work for Archivers and teach classes there. Only now, they've closed all their stores. We don't have any lone LSS stores around here now. They all closed when Archviers opened. I'm still thinking of Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

Good luck at the Crafters' yard sale. Hope you bring home less stuff than what you take and lots of $$.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #234
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi Maggie - what sort of flowers does your milkweed have?
I have a Tropical Milkweed, or Blood Flower plant . Both my neighbours have the Swan Plant variety of milkweed,, which is way more common here.

And yes, - I did get back to sleep thanks
I found the flower stick that came in the pot that said what mine was. It's Asclepias - Silky Deep Red like this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg asclepias.jpg (10.3 KB, 2 views)
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #235
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Hi Maggie - yes, that is what I have - although there are 15 caterpillars out there now they are rapidly becoming little more than sticks. The Very Hungary Caterpillar has nothing on these guys
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #236
Insane Embellisher
 
ksmile1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in my craft room
Posts: 808
Default

Happy Friday!!! Not sure where the week went, it seemed to come and go quickly!

Kelly - Congrats to Chrissy!!! How exciting!! Sorry to hear about the truck issues though. Tough call on whether to repair or replace.

Nancy - I love Mystic! Lots of fond memories growing up going to the Aquarium and shopping in the Village next door. We still go out there once a year or so.

We're watching the 2nd game of our 4 game series (Red Sox vs. Yankees). We are going to Sunday night's game at Yankee Stadium. So excited!!! Go Red Sox (DH is the Yankee fan). Tomorrow I have to get my allergy shots and then I'm going to the mall with my Mom. Hoping to craft some tomorrow night but we'll see how that goes.

Have a good one everyone!
__________________
~Kristie~
My Blog: My Paper Life
ksmile1978 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #237
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Done - I have just made a pair of pyjamas for Master nearly 4 yr old (DGS) - cut out and stitched up in an afternoon - only one tiny unpick

Hopefully I will get into the studio tomorrow afternoon and get some cards made before DD arrives for the funeral in Monday - then next week I will have to get about 5 done ready for my customer's May birthdays, as from Easter until May 3rd we will be being invaded by family
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:22 PM   #239
Proud Fan Club Member
 
mcschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 5,108
Default Hi!

Hello ladies! I have three days down, 2 to go, then off 5 days.... We had a beautiful day today- in the 70's today, so after work, we went to church then sat on the porch and had a beer : ) Tomorrow it is supposed to be colder and we are expecting LOTS of rain....they say April showers.....

Kelly- AWESOME for your daughter. Uggg- sorry about the truck!

Maggie- the quiche was terrific! One, I added Kale, mushrooms, cheddar cheese and a sour cream/egg mix- found it on Pintrest, and the 2nd- I used kale, mushrooms, garlic, and tomato, then cream and eggs (traditional) with 1/2 cheddar and 1/2 mozzerella...mmmmmm Prob not on weight watchers or your diet.

Maxine- you have been getting lots of rain! Hoping you get it all done before the daughter arrives- and how fun to stitch up some cute PJ's for the kids. Nothing more to make them feel special!

Kristi- we are Cubs Fans. One of my brothers lives in the Boston area- when he got married, we made a balloon man and put on a Yankee jersey and put him in one of the chairs at a table- OK- that did not go over well at all with the Red Sox fans....they were not happy.....

Nancy- we have those sales here- at a couple of different stores. How fun- I love shopping for treasures : ) It is so hard for me to get rid of some of my stamps- I may 'need' them in years to come.....hahahaha
I used to get into image swaps- until people started discussions about whether or not it was really stealing (Mo Manning)... I found I did not use a ton of the images anyway, so stopped that.....

Lynn- so wild about the tomatoes- do you pick and can any of the veg's/tomatoes?

Waving hello to all

Shelly
__________________
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
Visit My Instagram HERE DT for  Jan's Digital Stamps
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:57 AM   #240
Pearl-ExPert
 
NancyK.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pace, Florida
Posts: 2,597
Default

Good morning everyone!!

Yesterday's crafters yard sale went well. There were about 15 of us selling stuff (mostly scrapbooking stuff). I sold $85 worth of my stuff and avoided the temptation to look at what the other ladies were selling. I have my eyes on some of the new Penny Black images......

We have a bunch of bird feeders and houses in our backyard and this time of year we see many different types of birds as they migrate north. This morning we saw a few Indigo Buntings - they only hang around here for a few days then move on but they are probably the prettiest birds I've ever seen. Wish they were here year round!

Kristie - most of my family are Red Sox fans but somehow I ended up a Mets fan (we can both hate the Yankees!) And the Mets are already in last place with no hope to improve.......My husband is a Cardinals fan so he will have a more enjoyable season than me!

I hope everyones weekend is going well - the weather here is wonderful - warm and no humidity!!
__________________

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
NancyK. is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off