Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-25-2014, 12:16 AM   #2281
Mad Swapper

Christmas blessings to you all

Our day is just finishing here - it was thankfully quiet (as planned) as I started the day with a migraine - thankfully I respond quickly to the meds, but it's still a blight on the day!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-25-2014, 04:04 AM   #2282
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Christmas blessings to you all

Our day is just finishing here - it was thankfully quiet (as planned) as I started the day with a migraine - thankfully I respond quickly to the meds, but it's still a blight on the day!
Sorry about the headache, but glad you were able to enjoy some quiet time at last!
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-25-2014, 04:05 AM   #2283
Quacker Stamper

Old 12-26-2014, 07:01 AM   #2284
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Yes, we are having sunshine today and I think it is one of the first days in more than a week that I have seen it! I hope everyone had a Wonderful Christmas--I sure did and I must have been very good as I got some pretty nice presents................

Have a Fantastic Friday!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #2285
Insane Embellisher

Belated Christmas wishes to you all! We had a nice time with my inlaws on Wednesday night and with my family last night. I wanted to go shopping today but Mike insisted that we work on cleaning up the house. Boo! I finally finished unpacking this morning and have been working on laundry.

I think I am mostly better now. I still have a lingering cough but it hasn't been too bad so far today. Tomorrow I go get my shots and then I am meeting an old friend for lunch and at some point need to make a birthday card for my aunt. We have her 70th birthday party tomorrow night.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!
Old 12-26-2014, 08:44 PM   #2286
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Dropping in to say Hello- we are having a small gathering of family tomorrow- just 17 in total. We are going to make a small turkey breast and have Prime rib : ) I love beef : )

We had a low key Christmas eve- Midnight mass and decorated the tree, and Christmas day went to Chicago and went to the Sears Tower ( now called Willis). We had Chinese food for dinner, then home and opened gifts and called it a night. I did not get all of the presents I ordered- I ordered a composter for my hubby- and it required assembly when it arrives.

It was 50 here today- so weird- no snow as was predicted Wednesday-- not a stitch! I did some posy Christmas shopping today and stopped in at Joann's for one thing and ended up buying alot of other stuff. One niece that I buy for uses clay, and it was 1/2 off, then I had a 15% off coupon. I like to buy the kids art supplies : )

We do not normally do gifts- we do a White elephant exchange. Each year, there is generally one thing that everyone wants.

Have a great weekend!
Shelly
Old 12-27-2014, 12:50 PM   #2287
Quacker Stamper

Maple Leaf

Hi everyone. Glad to hear that some have had a great Christmas. Me too! I got over to DD's about 8 and we had breakfast. She made an egg casserole. Then we opened gifts. Everyone was very happy with what they received. My kids spoil me. My DD and I fixed dinner. It was nice spending time in the kitchen together getting it all ready. We had the traditional - turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli rice casserole, green bean casserole, twice-baked sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and a vegetarian loaf for my DGD. It was all very good. I made red velvet crinkle cookies that everyone loved plus some brownie muffins that have a york peppermint patty inside. My dd made pumpkin pie and a chocolate chip pie. I felt bad for my SIL who wasn't able to eat any of it. He's still on a liquid diet after his surgery on Tuesday.

I had PT yesterday at 8 and after coming home, went back out to Michael's. They were having a 30% off sale. I got a lot of storage stuff for my stamp room. I'm determined to get it all organized for the new year.

Last night worked on some cards - Happy Holidays for the New Year for those that didn't get a Christmas card from me. I got 10 of them done and want to get 10 more done today.

Barb, glad that you had a great Christmas and received lots of awesome gifts.

Kristie - glad to hear that you are doing so much better. Sorry that DH nixed your shopping trip. I picked up a bunch of Christmas things at Michael's too. They were having 70% off of all the Christmas things. Hope you have fun with your friend at lunch.

Shelly, sounds like you all had a lovely Christmas celebration too. They said on the news that we had snow for Christmas 10 years ago. It's all gray and dreary here with some rain, but it wasn't raining too much when I went to the grocery store earlier. We may get a thunderstorm later
Old 12-29-2014, 06:10 AM   #2289
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I have had a marvelous week, hence my absence from SCS. Our DS and DD were both here! YAY!

Our DD is still here, but DS went home. And DD is still in bed so I’m sneaking on SCS.

I’ve missed all of you – but the times with the family all here has been priceless!

I hope each of you had a very Merry Christmas!!!

Maggie, I received your BEAUTIFUL card! THANK YOU so much!

Kristie, I'm glad you're starting to feel better!

Shelly, I giggled when you said it was a small group - 17 sounds huge to me. It was 5 here, which is as big as it gets.

Waving at everyone else, as I'm rushing!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 12-29-2014, 07:29 AM   #2290
Gabfest Goddess

Hello friends!!

Yes, it really is Darlene posting here, haha. I am finally finished with my divorce, and my former spouse has finally taken most of his belongings from the house. Who knew this whole process would take 15 months? Sheesh.

I am really looking forward to the new year - totally ready for my new beginning The house (interior) is completely re-arranged, although not finished, just re-arranged. Waiting for my budget to improve before buying replacement furniture and painting, etc. But that's ok, I like it different!

DS, DIL & me are settling into a routine now and so far, we're fairly compatible. That's a good thing!

Even though I've been absent from SCS a lot lately, I have added each of you and your families to my prayers, for whatever your needs. You are all important to me!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #2291
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone!!!

I'm sorta back - not really but did want to pop in here and at least wave hi! Hope everyone had a good Christmas and is going to have a good new year too. We officially finished Christmas yesterday and I'm totally exhausted. Too much for this old lady! LOL! I haven't been by anyone's blog at all and haven't even looked - but will catch up when I do. I'm hoping to get at least one card made this week - and then next week the DT madness will hit once again. I'm enjoying being away from the computer but yet miss it at the same time.

Will catch up when I can!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:12 PM   #2292
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hello ladies! ''Maggie, Lynn & Kelly- thanks for the beautiful cards : )

Lynn- that is a great idea to take a blog break- and I need to give that a go next year!

Hi Darlene! Glad all of the formalities are done with the paperwork and all. Glad things are OK so far with the kids. Do they have a plan to save money for a period of time while living with you, or no plan at present? Thanks for the prayers : ) Always appreciate those...... Will keep you in prayers as well.

Jeanette- so glad your family was all together - everyone made the planes, etc...! Sounds like a fabulous week : )

Maggie- your Christmas dinner sounds delish! I am hoping the PT is helping you with your pains.

I am making ATC's for the weekend for an exchange, and I am teaching the ladies how to use modeling paste on ATC's as well.

We are out looking at vehicles- since the van A/C does not work, we are looking at a bit smaller- and so far- the Honda CRV is my top choice. We drove a really nice Ford, but the engine was not as smooth as the Honda, We'll see. Ray thinks this is the best time of the year to buy- good deals...... and all.

Waving hi to all!

Shelly
Old 12-30-2014, 05:32 AM   #2293

I hope you're enjoying this last few days of 2014. I know I am!

Darlene, I'm so glad things are getting settled for you. I am sure every step has its own heartache and/or challenges... but I'm praying with/for you as you forge your new path.

Lynn, so good to see you. I've taken a bit of a break from blogs, SCS, computer, too... been enjoying my kiddos.

Shelly, DS is home - he drove - it's only 7-8 hours from our house. DD leaves Friday. She flies out of St. Louis mid morning. Arrives in Anchorage around 11:00 PM and then catches the bush plane the next morning. They moved that flight up two hours and added a stop along the way. One has to love the adventure of living in the bush.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-30-2014, 06:20 AM   #2294
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Everyone! I have been battling bronchitis the past week and have been "enjoying" my time coughing.................. I really do not feel sick, just the icky cough. We are supposed to go to northern Wisconsin this weekend to visit some friends and try out our new snowshoes as we are to get snow. But, right now that is on hold until we see how I feel in a few days.

I hope you are having a good week and are ready for 2015!
Old 12-30-2014, 06:22 AM   #2295
SCS RAK Coordinator

Shelley--I have a 2013 CR-V and I love it! I had a Pilot before for 9 years and another CR-V before that. Yes, I like Hondas. The size is perfect for me and I love the ride. I test drove a Nissan and did not like it as much.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:22 AM   #2296

I wondered what that noise was... Barb, please stop coughing!

Seriously, I hope you get well soon. I don't like it when my RAZZing buddy isn't well!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:26 AM   #2297
SCS RAK Coordinator

I am trying to stop Jeanette--really I am!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:56 AM   #2298
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

I have had a marvelous week, hence my absence from SCS. Our DS and DD were both here! YAY!

Our DD is still here, but DS went home. And DD is still in bed so Im sneaking on SCS.

Ive missed all of you but the times with the family all here has been priceless!

I hope each of you had a very Merry Christmas!!!

Maggie, I received your BEAUTIFUL card! THANK YOU so much!

Kristie, I'm glad you're starting to feel better!

Shelly, I giggled when you said it was a small group - 17 sounds huge to me. It was 5 here, which is as big as it gets.

Waving at everyone else, as I'm rushing!
Glad to hear that you had a great time with the kids visiting. It's always nice to have the family no matter how many they are. We only had 5 for Christmas too, but Thanksgiving at my sis's there is always a huge crowd of over 20.

You're very welcome Jeanette. I'm still working on the New year's ones. I took a break on Sunday to clean up my stamp room a bit so I could get around. I was afraid I was going to trip over something and fall. Glad that you liked the card.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:59 AM   #2299
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello friends!!

Yes, it really is Darlene posting here, haha. I am finally finished with my divorce, and my former spouse has finally taken most of his belongings from the house. Who knew this whole process would take 15 months? Sheesh.

I am really looking forward to the new year - totally ready for my new beginning The house (interior) is completely re-arranged, although not finished, just re-arranged. Waiting for my budget to improve before buying replacement furniture and painting, etc. But that's ok, I like it different!

DS, DIL & me are settling into a routine now and so far, we're fairly compatible. That's a good thing!

Even though I've been absent from SCS a lot lately, I have added each of you and your families to my prayers, for whatever your needs. You are all important to me!
Glad to hear that you are on a new road to new adventures Darlene. Taking it one step at a time is good. How long will DS and DIL be with you? Are they job hunting or house hunting?

Thanks for the prayers. I know I can always use them and keep all my friends and family in my daily prayers.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:02 AM   #2300
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello ladies! ''Maggie, Lynn & Kelly- thanks for the beautiful cards : )

Lynn- that is a great idea to take a blog break- and I need to give that a go next year!

Hi Darlene! Glad all of the formalities are done with the paperwork and all. Glad things are OK so far with the kids. Do they have a plan to save money for a period of time while living with you, or no plan at present? Thanks for the prayers : ) Always appreciate those...... Will keep you in prayers as well.

Jeanette- so glad your family was all together - everyone made the planes, etc...! Sounds like a fabulous week : )

Maggie- your Christmas dinner sounds delish! I am hoping the PT is helping you with your pains.

I am making ATC's for the weekend for an exchange, and I am teaching the ladies how to use modeling paste on ATC's as well.

We are out looking at vehicles- since the van A/C does not work, we are looking at a bit smaller- and so far- the Honda CRV is my top choice. We drove a really nice Ford, but the engine was not as smooth as the Honda, We'll see. Ray thinks this is the best time of the year to buy- good deals...... and all.

Waving hi to all!

Shelly
You're welcome Shelly. I think the PT is helping with the neck popping. I don't notice it as much like I did before so I guess the traction is working. I still have some issues with my left shoulder, but hope that eases up too before my 4 weeks of PT are up.

Good luck on getting a new car. It's important to take your time and check them all out - hahaha - this coming from someone who just bought the first one I test drove, but I did check a few out online first. I'm glad that I'm happy with it.
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:04 AM   #2301

Maggie, I giggled at your car advice.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-30-2014, 07:06 AM   #2302
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Everyone! I have been battling bronchitis the past week and have been "enjoying" my time coughing.................. I really do not feel sick, just the icky cough. We are supposed to go to northern Wisconsin this weekend to visit some friends and try out our new snowshoes as we are to get snow. But, right now that is on hold until we see how I feel in a few days.

I hope you are having a good week and are ready for 2015!
Sorry about the bronchitis Barb. I hope that it clears up enough so you can go have fun. Snowshoes! How fun. Have you used them before? They look like they could be hard to walk in.

I'm on the verge of a scratchy throat, so trying to medicate with Advil, Vit. C, and some Chamomile w/Lemon herbal tea. I don't want to be sick on my time off this weekend. I have too much to do around the house and was wanting to get out with a friend for dinner and a movie one evening.
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:22 AM   #2303
SCS RAK Coordinator

We have used snowshoes before. My first pair is about 15 years old and time for new ones. They really are easy to walk in............
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:58 AM   #2304
Gabfest Goddess

Morning all!!

Barb, I said it in another thread, will repeat it here: sure hoping that you lick that stubborn bronchitis, it can really be awful.

Shelly: I have a 2014 Chevy Equinox, their version of the CRV. Everyone that I know who has the CRV just loves it!

Maggie: sorry to learn of your persistent neck pain. PT can be so hard. I sure pray that it is worth it.

What's everyone up to for tonight? My DIL's mom & siblings are coming over here for dinner. Should be interesting. I'll be lucky to make it until 10 pm, lol.

Oh, some of you asked: DS & Bride are going back to school. She is awaiting acceptance into Physicians Assistant program (she already has her first degree & works in the medical field). They are also saving $$ for a house/paying down her student loans while living with me. They contribute a small sum for rent and utilities.

We have fallen into a pattern of basically sharing the groceries, since our eating habits are so similar. So far, so good (they moved in the first of Sept.)

Not sure if I will be able to pop back in here, since I just found out that we're having company tonight. So, I wish each of you a safe and blessed New Year's Eve!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 12-31-2014, 06:24 AM   #2305

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

We're still enjoying having DD here... she leaves Friday. Soooooo I'm scarce on SCS.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-31-2014, 07:23 AM   #2306
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve. We are having some friends over and having a fondue party. They are staying overnight, along with their dogs and we are watching the Badger football game tomorrow morning!
Old 12-31-2014, 07:23 AM   #2307
SCS RAK Coordinator

Darlene--I am feeling better this morning--I woke up before the alarm and did feel like I slept well. I think I am turning the corner---hoping.......................
Old 12-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #2308
Pearl-ExPert

Darlene, that's great that all of y'all are getting along so well in the house. I know it's nice having them around too!

No plans for New Year's Eve around here - will be fast asleep no later than about 10:30 I'm sure. Such a party animal! LOL!
Old 12-31-2014, 10:39 AM   #2309
Mad Swapper

Happy New Year to you all. Looking good so far after some much needed rain overnight. We didn't stay up, but I was woken by the local fireworks and a horn tooting... And the dreaded hayfever, which is really bad this summer.
Waving to you all great to see you and catch up on the threads. Good to hear things are working out for you Darlene - how are your birds doing with the new arrangements.

Barb I pray that you are soon recovered - bronchitis is the pits.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:27 PM   #2310
Quacker Stamper

Hi Stamp Addicts!

Well, I've been home from work today, but not because I wanted to. Yesterday I started having a scratchy throat and it was really bad through he night - didn't get much sleep. This morning had a low grade fever, so stayed home from work. Had to cancel my PT, but I called my doctor to see if I could get an appointment. He was booked up so the girl just took down all my symptoms and said she would give them to the doctor and have him call something in to the pharmacy. Glad I didn't have to drive all the way to his office. He sent me a ZPack and some cough medicine. I still kind of have chills. Been in bed all day. Didn't even dress to go to the pharmacy. Just put my coat over my jammies. I't in the low 40's here and the cold bothers me when I have chills. I just hope it clears up soon. I was planning to be off the next 4 days to get things done here around the house.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:29 PM   #2311
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Happy New Year to you all. Looking good so far after some much needed rain overnight. We didn't stay up, but I was woken by the local fireworks and a horn tooting... And the dreaded hayfever, which is really bad this summer.
Waving to you all great to see you and catch up on the threads. Good to hear things are working out for you Darlene - how are your birds doing with the new arrangements.

Barb I pray that you are soon recovered - bronchitis is the pits.

We have had rainy dreary weather all week and supposed to have more this weekend. Just need to make a grocery store run on Saturday.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:31 PM   #2312
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Darlene, that's great that all of y'all are getting along so well in the house. I know it's nice having them around too!

No plans for New Year's Eve around here - will be fast asleep no later than about 10:30 I'm sure. Such a party animal! LOL!
I'm right with you Lynn. I hope that I can get some good sleep tonight as long as the kids across the street don't set off a ton of fireworks. They are illegal in the city, but they don't care.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:32 PM   #2313
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post

I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve. We are having some friends over and having a fondue party. They are staying overnight, along with their dogs and we are watching the Badger football game tomorrow morning!
Sounds like a nice evening. I was hoping to get a GF to go out to dinner and a movie, but that's not going to happen. Maybe if I'm better by Saturday.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:35 PM   #2314
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Morning all!!

Barb, I said it in another thread, will repeat it here: sure hoping that you lick that stubborn bronchitis, it can really be awful.

Shelly: I have a 2014 Chevy Equinox, their version of the CRV. Everyone that I know who has the CRV just loves it!

Maggie: sorry to learn of your persistent neck pain. PT can be so hard. I sure pray that it is worth it.

What's everyone up to for tonight? My DIL's mom & siblings are coming over here for dinner. Should be interesting. I'll be lucky to make it until 10 pm, lol.

Oh, some of you asked: DS & Bride are going back to school. She is awaiting acceptance into Physicians Assistant program (she already has her first degree & works in the medical field). They are also saving $$ for a house/paying down her student loans while living with me. They contribute a small sum for rent and utilities.

We have fallen into a pattern of basically sharing the groceries, since our eating habits are so similar. So far, so good (they moved in the first of Sept.)

Not sure if I will be able to pop back in here, since I just found out that we're having company tonight. So, I wish each of you a safe and blessed New Year's Eve!
Thanks Darlene, I hope so too. I had to skip my PT this morning and may have to skip Friday also. That will add 2 more visits to the end of my 4 weeks.

Enjoy your company tonight. That's great that you are able to give them a place to live while they get things together so they can find their own place. That's good that they are contributing to the household also.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:32 PM   #2315
Mad Swapper

I seemed to have missed a whole lot of posts, I have just realised, so have had a great read catching up i don't seem to have had much time of late, and I have only just got my house back to how I like it a few minutes ago..... no details, but it has taken some effort.

Glad to hear your house guests are fitting in well Darlene

Maggie what a disappointing way to spend your time off - get well soon friend. Hope the PT delay will not set your neck back any.

I had better get off here and go make a meal - cold ham, salad (with lettuce to be picked from my garden) and mashed potatoes - we were given some potatoes and they neither roast nor bake particularly nicely, so am trying mashing them today. I am not keen on mashed spud, but DH loves it.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:11 PM   #2316
Watercolor Wizard

happy new year friends! we've still got almost 6 hours to go but i'm just popping in before cooking dinner and whatnot. i apologize for not being around and probably won't be more frequent than every week or so until after the kids get settled back into their school routine - they don't go back until jan 13th!!

it's chilly here in hawaii - high 50's to high 60's and that is ridiculously cold for us!! hope everyone has a nice, safe warm and happy start to your year... japanese tradition states that how you start your year dictates how the rest of your year goes so i hope it's wonderful all around!!
Old 12-31-2014, 08:34 PM   #2317
Mad Swapper

Kel I checked our thermometer and we are on average about the 80 oF during the days and high 50's at night, and think that the night temps are warm!

It's been a wonderful day here - hope you all have a day as productive and enjoyable as we have had.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:53 PM   #2318
Mad Swapper

Kel, going by your Japanese 'tradition', and if today is anything to go by, I will have a very busy, but productive year . I have even sewn buttons on shirts, a job I hate!! The rest of the day I did the 'weekly' clean, ironed and even got some crafty jobs done, watered the gardens and spent a bit of time here

Hope the rest of you have a day as enjoyable as mine has been.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:36 AM   #2319
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
happy new year friends! we've still got almost 6 hours to go but i'm just popping in before cooking dinner and whatnot. i apologize for not being around and probably won't be more frequent than every week or so until after the kids get settled back into their school routine - they don't go back until jan 13th!!

it's chilly here in hawaii - high 50's to high 60's and that is ridiculously cold for us!! hope everyone has a nice, safe warm and happy start to your year... japanese tradition states that how you start your year dictates how the rest of your year goes so i hope it's wonderful all around!!
Hi Kel, since I'm starting the New Year sick, I sure hope that is not a portent of what is to come in 2015!
Old 01-01-2015, 04:38 AM   #2320
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Kel, going by your Japanese 'tradition', and if today is anything to go by, I will have a very busy, but productive year . I have even sewn buttons on shirts, a job I hate!! The rest of the day I did the 'weekly' clean, ironed and even got some crafty jobs done, watered the gardens and spent a bit of time here

Hope the rest of you have a day as enjoyable as mine has been.
You were very busy. I hate sewing on buttons and little things like that. Hopefully I'll have enough energy to at least take my little tree down and get the Christmas things put away,