Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #2241
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Maggie, hope your neck starts feeling better! I'm going to put up a bigger tree next year too - but already have one. I'm just being lazy not to do that every year I think and I love a Christmas tree! We put up a little 3 footer this year and it's just sad looking! LOL!

I'm leaving Friday (maybe) to go to my daughters. Not looking to the 7 hour drive but do want to see her. Jim won't be going as there's nothing for him to do there except watch us shop. He'll be staying with Rambo - and probably eating all kinds of weird stuff even though there are things in the freezer! LOL! I think he looks forward to when I'm gone so he can do that.

I'm also going to be taking a break from blogging/commenting/computer! Not sure when I'll be back on but know I won't be here at all next week and probably not until about the 1st of the year. I really think I need this bad right now. All Jim ever sees is my behind sitting at the computer and he needs to find out what I look like again! LOl! I'll get back over here before Friday - but just in case I don't, I wanted to tell everyone to have a very merry Christmas!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:58 PM   #2242
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

I missed my Sunday night stop in and blog visits- getting Steph packed...we dropped her off today and she is on her way to China. They delayed the flight for 2 hours for a weight distribution issue. Katie is SOOOO excited!
Speaking of weight distribution, it was a bit tricky to get everything packed so the suitcase was not over 50#, but I think Stephi will be shocked when she empties out all of Katies stuff how much free space she has left! Almost her entire carry on! and then some.

I saw the funniest looking get up on a car- we thought it was so creative. An older woman driving a car that had a Christmas tree strapped on the top- cept the tree was about 1 1/2 ft tall.....imagine that!

Have a safe trip Lynn- hope you have a fab time with your family!

Kelly is t-1 and counting hours now until her fab trip!

Kristie is heading back today- all of our travelers!

Maxine- I think it is t-9 for you and your cat : ) Hoping hubby responds quickly to the meds for his breathing. Uggg- bet the rest of your gardens are gorgeous- and, darn weeds!

Maggie- Awesome for you to get all of your wrapping done. Not sure how much wrapping I will be getting done myself. Hope the PT goes well- I used to love traction- took the nerve pain right out of my arm.
I would love a recipe for twice backed Sweet Potatoes : )

Barb- the trip to DC and the light touring- sounds so awesome! I have not been there for years- everyone says it is such a fun place to visit.

Jeanette- would love to see your angels : )

Off to bed- working tomorrow.

Shelly
Old 12-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #2243
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Haha Lynn, I'm not looking forward to the 16 hours in our car either! LOL! I HATE car trips! LOVE LOVE LOVE to travel - been all over the world - plane, train, even got around town on a Segway once - haha! But cars? oooooooooooof. Major headaches and nausea - but I'm so excited, it won't matter!

Hi ladies! I'm sorry I haven't been around - just NO TIME! I'm rushing on top of my rushing! I miss you all!

We have so much school stuff going on - last concert for my 2 daughters is Thursday (we roll out Friday 5 am!)

And college entrance decisions for dd17 and her first choice school is Friday - eek! Her 18th birthday is Saturday so it's either going to be a year to remember or one that she won't forget I told her focus on your 'pilgrimage' and the children and either way, you are blessed and God is directing you - have faith in whatever decision is heading your way.
But between ya'll and me, I can't sleep at night! This is SO nerve wracking. Should she get in, auditions begin in March ~ lots of trips in the future!

Maggie, I'm sorry you are feeling so great but STRONGLY agree with your p/t. It does wonders! Looks like you have to juggle that and your job which thankfully is a sit down, I think?

Jeanette, not long now before you have the kids home!! I know you must be so excited.

Barb, hope your trip was/is well and enjoy your bounty, my friend! Woot, woot! And Kristie, too- hope Disney was all things wonderful ,as it should be - Happiest place on earth!

Darlene, hope things are 'settling' .......... as well as Maxine, Kel, Lynn and crazy Rambo - hee hee!

Shel, how sweet the sisters will be together for the holiday!!! That will be a wonderful trip, no doubt -- as you probably remember it well and keep those memories of your time there tucked away at heart.

Gosh, gotta dash - dd17 needs a eye apt and I've got to put my make up - hee hee!

Waving hi to all!!

DT:  The Project Bin
Old 12-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #2244
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Hi Ladies--we are in Atlanta airport, waiting for our flight home. It was a great convention and we all had a great time. But, as usual, it is good to be heading home!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:31 AM   #2245
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Yep, I'm back after a brief hiatus. The bug was brutal... spent two entire days in bed. Whew! Glad that's over.

Maggie, I hope the "boys" have learned their lesson and are leaving the Christmas decorations alone!

Shelly, oh my! That's quite a delay for weight distribution. EEK! I know the two girls will have a GREAT time together!

Lynn, enjoy your shopping trip! We will miss you!

Kelly, tomorrow is the day! You must be super excited! I'm praying for you and for your DD (college, etc). (((HUGS)))

Barb, Welcome home!

Hi Kel... Kristie... Maxine... have I missed anyone?

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 12-18-2014, 11:12 AM   #2246
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon--I am finally getting to SCS today...................... I got home around 6:00 last night. Today, I unpacked and am doing wash and trying to get to a normal routine. I am hoping to get a swap organized, swapped and maybe even postal today.

I hope you are having a Terrific Thursday!
Old 12-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #2247
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello sweet friends!

I'm leaving for our Christmas in the mountains trip at 6 am - ouch! I wanted to wish you all a MERRY Christmas and the best wishes that this holiday brings you! I hope Santa is good to you all!

The kids are BEYOND excited (me, too!) and we hope the trip is super fun and all things we imagine!

In case you didn't hear, Chrissy did get into college #1 choice - FSU! So proud of her - she's been sweating it, now just to get through the audition next year and we'll be good! THanks for the good thoughts and wishes!

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you!
(you know I"ll be in touch during
, lol, and posting pics!)
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #2248
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, I just got through reading about your daughter on FB! BIG, HUGE congrats!!!! Know she's excited. Hope y'all have a wonderful trip and Christmas!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all and I'll check in when I get back!

Lynn
Old 12-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #2249

Barb, welcome back to SCS!

Kelly, have a great trip/Christmas! I know you will! And tell Chrissy congrats!!!

Lynn, have fun shopping and travel safely!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-18-2014, 03:44 PM   #2250
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies!
I got back late on Monday evening and have been busy with work and trying to rest when I am home. Mom went to Urgent Care yesterday and has a sinus infection. I think I have bronchitis, trying to medicate with OTC stuff until I can get to my allergy doctor on Saturday. My primary doctor just isn't equipped to help me like the allergy doc is. I have Monday off as my last PTO day so I'm trying not to use it before then!

The trip was great but it was pretty cold!! We weren't expecting that at all. We packed layers but they still weren't enough. I think my Mom had a good time. She really liked all the shows/parades and a few of the rides. She went more for the "experience" so I hope she got to see/do enough. There were a few things she wanted to do again but the wait times were crazy over the weekend. Much busier than when Mike and I went two years ago at the same time.

Mike took the week off as well and he got a lot of painting done on two cabinet doors and two new cabinets/drawers (one over the oven and one next to our dishwasher). We might finally finish our kitchen sometime next year! He has one set of cabinets left to paint and then I can paint the wainscoting. He also got the tree up but we still need to add lights and decorate. Hopefully we can start that tomorrow night. I can't believe Christmas is in a week. I'm very behind with everything!

Dinner is ready so I need to run! I'll try to read back a few pages to see what I missed.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:01 PM   #2251
Mad Swapper

Hi girls - lovely to see you all here - we are on the count down - four more big sleeps to go - if all goes according to plan. We drove past the rental today and the current tenant looked as though they were in the throes of moving out, so looking good!

Great to hear of all the travel - safe travels Lynn and Kelly, and great to hear you had a good trip Kristie - pity about the infections you picked up, and to see that Barb is back safe and sound.

Sorry to hear you have not been well Jeanette - did DH bring something back with him??

it is hot and humid here at the moment, but currently not raining - good for the garden, but not for tempers at times, particularly when miss 41/2 decides that her ears are painted on and she will not obey her parents......

How exciting for your daughter to get into her first choice of college Kelly - will that mean she will have to leave town?? I am not familiar with your education system and the college initials . I think your colleges would equate to our universities, going by her age...

Waving to Darlene and Shelly, Kel and Maggie
Old 12-18-2014, 11:57 PM   #2252
Watercolor Wizard

hi all! i am soooooo sorry i've been so MIA!! we keep running into problems with our new wall... the neighbor always has something to say about it as it borders his property and butts up to his wall... and they're legit concerns but i just wish it had all been hashed out at the beginning of construction instead of now that it's done and the contractor has to come back to fix it. UGH. that's all i can say about it. UGHHHHH.

tomorrow is the kids' last day of school and they have their winter program so i'm trying to finish up their teacher gifts tonight! i had the grand idea of making the teacher's covered compostition books and hand coloring images to decorate the cover. once again, UGHHHH. haha. at least they had their class parties and handed out their class goodies and bff goodies today so that's one less thing to worry about!!

hugs to everyone!! hope you have a nice weekend!!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:25 AM   #2253
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope you have a Great Friday and a Wonderful Weekend!

Old 12-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #2254
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hello all- Safe travels to Kelly and Lynn, and glad Barb and Kristie made it back safely.

Jeanette- glad you are better, and Kristie- hope you feel better ASAP too. I am with you re: the allergist and the reg doc treating sinus issues! My allergist told me if I get sick again this year (2 x's last year), I was going to have sinus surgery, so I am trying with all my might to get over this stuffy episode without an antibiotic or visit to the doc!

Maxine- praying for you all for a smooth transition. Hahaha where did the little one get the idea that her ears were painted on? hehehe

Maggie- I told my PT that I know it really stands for Physical Torture...... Bet it is funny to see how the kitties react to all of the decorations.

Kel- fun for the kids- the excitement has to be nutty at your house. So sorry about the construction woes!

Kelly- Yeah to your daughter and you- she has to be so excited to get into her 1st choice school! I always here about the sports teams there as well- good all around! OK- so will she move away and live on campus- how far is Tallahassee from Miami?

Hoping everyone is on schedule and ready for Christmas! I have some gifts left to buy, but not sure when my family is getting together still- my parents have decided not to travel, so not sure when I will see the kids- if we do not all get together, I will buy gift cards and not presents to open. (No shipping then...) I shipped a box to my son, and it cost $35.00....and there was not that much stuff in it, so would rather mail gift cards if necessary....OR, for the kids that live near my folks, I can send Amazon Prime free shipping stuff to my folks house.

And, I still have to buy something for my hubby- I think he is getting a composter.... just have to decide which one....he takes banana peels and all of that stuff and buries it in the yard and garden. He says the areas are now rich looking and many worms...... Not my thing, but he loves it, so I am happy to go along with it!

Stephi gets home from China Tuesday, we are seeing just a few pictures on Instagram..... They have been to Beijing and Jinan, and arrived in Shanghai today. They are 14 hours ahead, so truly on the opposite schedule of us. I catch them first thing in the AM and in the evening. They will end up in Beijing again and she will travel out from there......

I saw pics of them at the Great Wall and on bug street- Stephi tried a toasted scorpion and a starfish...... There is a really smelly tofu that is popular there, and I bet Stephi tried that as well.

Waving hello to all
Shelly
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #2255
Mad Swapper

Hi all - peace reigns here momentarily - they have gone visiting!! The 'painted ears' are her mother's expression as madam does not listen when it does not suit!! My goodness, i don't remember our two ever being quite so deaf.............
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:46 AM   #2256

Sorry... I went MIA again yesterday. Seems I had a mild set-back. Was so weak that my day went like this - put a load of laundry in the washer, lie in bed, put load of laundry in dryer, lie in bed, fold said, load of laundry, lie in bed.......... and repeat and repeat and repeat.

Oh my goodness! My son is coming today and I'm not ready - the house isn't ready - the gifts aren't wrapped - the groceries aren't purchased. But I'm excited!!! Because my DS is coming today! And my DD is in Anchorage!!! She was able to fly out of the bush with no weather delays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And she'll be flying into St. Louis tomorrow morning, where I'll pick her up at the airport! YAY!!!

WELCOME HOME, Kristie! Im glad you and your mom enjoyed your trip (and your DH accomplished so much while you were gone). But I am sorry to hear both you and your mom are sick. Please take care of yourself!

Maxine, no we cant blame DH for bringing the bug home with him. Brock got it first, but fortunately his was a mild case. He shared with his mom (BIG time) and his dad (very mildly). I loved the deaf story! How very funny!

Kel, oh my! Im sorry youre dealing with wall problems! I hope you enjoyed the winter program! Have fun with the boys home!

Barb, I love your graphic! I hope youre having a great weekend, too!

Shelly, I loved hearing about Stephi and Katies time in China and I know youre enjoying every tidbit youre seeing on Instagram. I suspect that you and Stephi will talk and talk on Tuesday! Oh, and it certainly sounds like your DH has an.ummmmmmmmmmm.. can I say, Interesting hobby.

I sure hope Kelly/family arrived safely to their destination last night. They were expecting to get there about 1:00 AM.

I also hope Lynn is enjoying her trip!

Darlene, hope youre doing well, too!

Not sure who I might have missed, so will just wave!

FYI Our DS will be here a week and our DD nearly 2 weeks... so, that being said, I might be VERY SCARCE on SCS the next two weeks. I know you'll understand. I'll check in if/when I can!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-20-2014, 10:22 AM   #2257
SCS RAK Coordinator

We have no major plans this weekend--YAY!!! We went out to dinner with a couple of friends last night and then went to a house in Hales Corners that has an awesome light display. Here is their FB page and there are some videos on it: https://www.facebook.com/hclightshow It is pretty cool and I bet is even prettier when we have snow on the ground............... they are forecasting snow Tuesday, so I am still hoping for a White Christmas!
Old 12-20-2014, 03:37 PM   #2258
Quacker Stamper

Hi Stamp Addicts! Sorry I've been MIA. As much as I love Christmas I will be so happy when this one is over. It seems to be more hectic this year I guess because of the funeral at Thanksgiving. I didn't get things done that I should have.

This has been such a busy week. I had book club on Tuesday night. It was a holiday party and I didn't get home until after 10! Late night. Thursday night I went out to dinner with some of the singles from church. Had some good food and good company. Last night my sis and I took 3 of her DGS's to see the TSO concert. It's a new one this year - The Christmas Attic. The traffic was horrible and we thought we were going to be late, but when we finally got there at 8, the people were still outside waiting to get in. I guess the 2 PM show went overtime so that put them off for the 8 PM show. We had great floor seats, but the laser lights and spot lights were awful, shining right in our eyes many times. I should have had sunglasses.

Thursday we had our office luncheon. I was too busy Wednesday night to cook so I bought a cheesecake and a broccoli rice casserole. All the food that we had was very yummy.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #2259
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Oh Maggie, hope your neck starts feeling better! I'm going to put up a bigger tree next year too - but already have one. I'm just being lazy not to do that every year I think and I love a Christmas tree! We put up a little 3 footer this year and it's just sad looking! LOL!

I'm leaving Friday (maybe) to go to my daughters. Not looking to the 7 hour drive but do want to see her. Jim won't be going as there's nothing for him to do there except watch us shop. He'll be staying with Rambo - and probably eating all kinds of weird stuff even though there are things in the freezer! LOL! I think he looks forward to when I'm gone so he can do that.

I'm also going to be taking a break from blogging/commenting/computer! Not sure when I'll be back on but know I won't be here at all next week and probably not until about the 1st of the year. I really think I need this bad right now. All Jim ever sees is my behind sitting at the computer and he needs to find out what I look like again! LOl! I'll get back over here before Friday - but just in case I don't, I wanted to tell everyone to have a very merry Christmas!
Thanks Lynn. It's doing a bit better, but still popping. Then I was carrying a heavy bag into work on Thursday and I guess it irritated my left arm again, so now it's hurting me more too and I can't get in to see my orthopedist until Jan. 8. I hope you have a fun time with your DD and have a safe trip there and back. With all the holidays it's hard to keep up with the chatting and having good family time. That's important. I hope you'll come back and join us after the New Year.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:02 PM   #2260
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
I missed my Sunday night stop in and blog visits- getting Steph packed...we dropped her off today and she is on her way to China. They delayed the flight for 2 hours for a weight distribution issue. Katie is SOOOO excited!
Speaking of weight distribution, it was a bit tricky to get everything packed so the suitcase was not over 50#, but I think Stephi will be shocked when she empties out all of Katies stuff how much free space she has left! Almost her entire carry on! and then some.

I saw the funniest looking get up on a car- we thought it was so creative. An older woman driving a car that had a Christmas tree strapped on the top- cept the tree was about 1 1/2 ft tall.....imagine that!

Have a safe trip Lynn- hope you have a fab time with your family!

Maggie- Awesome for you to get all of your wrapping done. Not sure how much wrapping I will be getting done myself. Hope the PT goes well- I used to love traction- took the nerve pain right out of my arm.
I would love a recipe for twice backed Sweet Potatoes : )

Off to bed- working tomorrow.

Shelly
Shelly, I hope Stephi has a great time with Katie. That's so nice that they are able to spend the holiday together.

LOL! Too funny about the little tree strapped to the car top. Maybe her trunk and car were full of packages.

I still have gifts to wrap for the Texas family. I'll do that on Christmas Eve. The traction is okay. I think we're going to up the pounds on Monday. I can't say that I love it, but it does feel good. It's the electronic massage that kind of hurts.

No real recipe for the twice-baked sweet potatoes. Just bake the potatoes, scoop out the pulp, mix with a little butter and then stuff the skins again. I have some thick sauce that I bought at HEB (grocery store) made with cranberry, pommegranate, and jalepeno. It's really good. I put the sauce on top of the potatoes before the 2nd baking.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:07 PM   #2261
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Haha Lynn, I'm not looking forward to the 16 hours in our car either! LOL! I HATE car trips! LOVE LOVE LOVE to travel - been all over the world - plane, train, even got around town on a Segway once - haha! But cars? oooooooooooof. Major headaches and nausea - but I'm so excited, it won't matter!

Hi ladies! I'm sorry I haven't been around - just NO TIME! I'm rushing on top of my rushing! I miss you all!

We have so much school stuff going on - last concert for my 2 daughters is Thursday (we roll out Friday 5 am!)

And college entrance decisions for dd17 and her first choice school is Friday - eek! Her 18th birthday is Saturday so it's either going to be a year to remember or one that she won't forget I told her focus on your 'pilgrimage' and the children and either way, you are blessed and God is directing you - have faith in whatever decision is heading your way.
But between ya'll and me, I can't sleep at night! This is SO nerve wracking. Should she get in, auditions begin in March ~ lots of trips in the future!

Maggie, I'm sorry you are feeling so great but STRONGLY agree with your p/t. It does wonders! Looks like you have to juggle that and your job which thankfully is a sit down, I think?

Waving hi to all!!
Kelly, sorry I wasn't here to wish you God speed on your trip. I hope it was uneventful and that you are all having a fabulous time already. Happy Birthday to you DD today!

I saw the post later that said that she was accepted at FSU! That's fabulous! I know you are all excited for her. My DD here in TX was invited to audition for the College of Music at University of North Texas at Denton. It's one of the schools that she is applying for to transfer from HCC.

Yes, I do have a lot of juggling to do - work, PT, exercises, and crafting!
Old 12-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #2262
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Yep, I'm back after a brief hiatus. The bug was brutal... spent two entire days in bed. Whew! Glad that's over.

Maggie, I hope the "boys" have learned their lesson and are leaving the Christmas decorations alone!

Hi Kel... Kristie... Maxine... have I missed anyone?
Jeanette, sorry about having the bug. Hope you're feeling better today. No fun being sick especially this time of the year.

Yes, actually, the boys are doing very well. They are very good. Once I tell them to leave it alone, they do it.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #2263
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Kelly, I just got through reading about your daughter on FB! BIG, HUGE congrats!!!! Know she's excited. Hope y'all have a wonderful trip and Christmas!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all and I'll check in when I get back!

Lynn
Merry Christmas to you too Lynn. I hope you have a great trip and a safe journey home.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:21 PM   #2264
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi ladies!
I got back late on Monday evening and have been busy with work and trying to rest when I am home. Mom went to Urgent Care yesterday and has a sinus infection. I think I have bronchitis, trying to medicate with OTC stuff until I can get to my allergy doctor on Saturday. My primary doctor just isn't equipped to help me like the allergy doc is. I have Monday off as my last PTO day so I'm trying not to use it before then!

The trip was great but it was pretty cold!! We weren't expecting that at all. We packed layers but they still weren't enough. I think my Mom had a good time. She really liked all the shows/parades and a few of the rides. She went more for the "experience" so I hope she got to see/do enough. There were a few things she wanted to do again but the wait times were crazy over the weekend. Much busier than when Mike and I went two years ago at the same time.

Mike took the week off as well and he got a lot of painting done on two cabinet doors and two new cabinets/drawers (one over the oven and one next to our dishwasher). We might finally finish our kitchen sometime next year! He has one set of cabinets left to paint and then I can paint the wainscoting. He also got the tree up but we still need to add lights and decorate. Hopefully we can start that tomorrow night. I can't believe Christmas is in a week. I'm very behind with everything!

Dinner is ready so I need to run! I'll try to read back a few pages to see what I missed.
Welcome home Kristie. Glad that you and your mom had a good time, but sorry that you both came back sick. I hope you both get well soon so you can enjoy the holiday.

Glad that you're getting the kitchen done. I love mine since I redid it about 5 years ago.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:25 PM   #2265
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
hi all! i am soooooo sorry i've been so MIA!! we keep running into problems with our new wall... the neighbor always has something to say about it as it borders his property and butts up to his wall... and they're legit concerns but i just wish it had all been hashed out at the beginning of construction instead of now that it's done and the contractor has to come back to fix it. UGH. that's all i can say about it. UGHHHHH.

tomorrow is the kids' last day of school and they have their winter program so i'm trying to finish up their teacher gifts tonight! i had the grand idea of making the teacher's covered compostition books and hand coloring images to decorate the cover. once again, UGHHHH. haha. at least they had their class parties and handed out their class goodies and bff goodies today so that's one less thing to worry about!!

hugs to everyone!! hope you have a nice weekend!!
Sorry about the wall issues Kel. I hope that you can get that worked out to everyone's desires.

I saw your images on FB. I bet the books will be great.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #2266
Quacker Stamper

I decided to brave the traffic and crowds this morning and make a stop at HL after the Post Office and before the grocery store. I was really looking for some Christmas decorations, but didn't see much that I was really interested in There was a lot of stuff using blue and I didn't want any blue. I did get some Poinsettias to take to mom's grave tomorrow and also some to stick on my BIL's grave also since it is right next to hers. I also got a musical snow globe and a Christmas mug for my hot chocolate. They were all half price. I also bought some sparkly red and green ornaments for my new tree next year.

Since it was a late night last night, I slept in til 7 this morning. Got up and ready and out the door to the Post Office about 8:30. No lines. I was so surprised. Went and gassed up my car at the Kroger's that I don't shop at anymore and found I had a $.20 discount so I got my gas for $1.93 a gallon. Left there and went to Hobby Lobby and then to HEB for groceries. I've been doing some cleaning up around the house this afternoon and shredded a year's worth of 1995 checks and bank statements. I think I have a couple more boxes to do, but later. So glad that I don't get my checks back or paper statements anymore.

I need to work on a couple cards that are due this week and try to get some more organizing done. Most everything is going into my stamp room which I intend to tackle on those weekends off coming up.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #2267
Quacker Stamper

Jeanette, have a great time with your DS. I"m sure you'll have everything perfect by the time he gets there and if it's not, then he won't really care about all that.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:36 PM   #2268
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies,
So I did get to the allergy doctor yesterday and as I suspected it is bronchitis. I had two breathing treatments, started a zpak and prednisone. I rested most of the afternoon and then I decorated the tree last night. Not quite happy with it but I didn't have the energy to go nuts like I usually do.

I have been resting a lot today too. Trying so hard to sleep but the cough is preventing that. I found some boxed Christmas cards and thought about trying to get them sent out tomorrow but Mike told me to just let it go this year. I have a lot of handmade ones but didn't want to battle the long lines to add extra postage to them. I decided to agree with Mike and give myself a break. I feel bad but I wasn't expecting to get sick

I tried to read back through several pages earlier.

Maggie - glad PT is going well even though some of it is painful. I hope it does help in the long run. The online SU event was really neat. I liked seeing the new products up close, so much better than just seeing them in the catalog. It also convinced me to place an order even though I said I wouldn't until next quarter lol. It came on Tuesday night but I haven't had the energy to do anything yet.

Jeanette - I hope you are feeling better! Enjoy the time with your kids. I hope you enjoy your trip to see your DD, Lynn!

Kelly - Hope you are all enjoying the start to your Christmas vacation!

Kel - Sorry you've had some headaches with the renovations, hoping it's been resolved by now!

Shelly - So glad to hear Stephi and Katie are having a great time together. Will Stephi fill up all the extra space with souvenirs? My Mom had to buy a bag to get her extra stuff home lol!

Waving hi to Darlene, Barb and anyone I missed! I hope to get to some blogs tomorrow. I so miss seeing everyone's creations!
Old 12-22-2014, 07:05 AM   #2269
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy Monday--I hope you are getting ready for Christmas! It is going to be here fast, and I hope you are on Santa's nice list!
Old 12-22-2014, 07:05 AM   #2270
SCS RAK Coordinator

Kristie-hoping you feel better today!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:52 AM   #2271
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi ladies,
So I did get to the allergy doctor yesterday and as I suspected it is bronchitis. I had two breathing treatments, started a zpak and prednisone. I rested most of the afternoon and then I decorated the tree last night. Not quite happy with it but I didn't have the energy to go nuts like I usually do.

I have been resting a lot today too. Trying so hard to sleep but the cough is preventing that. I found some boxed Christmas cards and thought about trying to get them sent out tomorrow but Mike told me to just let it go this year. I have a lot of handmade ones but didn't want to battle the long lines to add extra postage to them. I decided to agree with Mike and give myself a break. I feel bad but I wasn't expecting to get sick

I tried to read back through several pages earlier.

Maggie - glad PT is going well even though some of it is painful. I hope it does help in the long run. The online SU event was really neat. I liked seeing the new products up close, so much better than just seeing them in the catalog. It also convinced me to place an order even though I said I wouldn't until next quarter lol. It came on Tuesday night but I haven't had the energy to do anything yet.

Jeanette - I hope you are feeling better! Enjoy the time with your kids. I hope you enjoy your trip to see your DD, Lynn!

Kelly - Hope you are all enjoying the start to your Christmas vacation!

Kel - Sorry you've had some headaches with the renovations, hoping it's been resolved by now!

Shelly - So glad to hear Stephi and Katie are having a great time together. Will Stephi fill up all the extra space with souvenirs? My Mom had to buy a bag to get her extra stuff home lol!

Waving hi to Darlene, Barb and anyone I missed! I hope to get to some blogs tomorrow. I so miss seeing everyone's creations!
Do you take anything for the cough? My doctor and I swear by Robitussin DM. It works great! Glad that you were able to get some of the tree decorated, but as for everything else, don't push yourself into a relapse or worse.

The PT went well today. They uped the traction to 18 pounds and I could feel the difference. I love the ultrasound and heat massage. The girl could tell that I had a stubborn knot on my upper back in the middle of my shoulder. It just wouldn't let go. I think that has a lot to do with my arm because it's tight and it probably is pinching a nerve.

I got my Sale-A-Bration cattys in the mail the other day. Not inspired by too much. We'll see.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:53 AM   #2272
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post

Happy Monday--I hope you are getting ready for Christmas! It is going to be here fast, and I hope you are on Santa's nice list!
Of course I'm on the nice list. Only 2 more days. I get to the office at 9 this morning and on Wednesday since I have PT and then we get off at 3 on Wednesday, so not much time here at the office. Just looking so much forward to the 4-day weekend.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #2273
Mad Swapper

MOVING DAY HERE - see you this evening if I am still awake
mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #2274
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
MOVING DAY HERE - see you this evening if I am still awake
Yippee! It will be nice for you to have them again in their own place.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:04 AM   #2275
SCS RAK Coordinator

Wishing you a Terrific Tuesday!!!!

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #2276
Insane Embellisher

Today is a better day than yesterday. I went out with my Mom for a good portion of the day yesterday and should not have. I did go to work today and felt a little perkier so hopefully the worst is over. I will probably have the cough for awhile, it tends to happen when I have bronchitis. I've taken the Robitussin DM but then the doctor gave me something stronger so I can sleep. It finally worked last night.

The office is closing at 2 tomorrow so I am hoping to get Mike's stuff wrapped while he is still at work. We have to go to his sister's tomorrow night, not sure what time yet. I'm sure it will be a frantic rush once Mike gets home to get there.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #2277
Mad Swapper

Ah - I have survived and the house is quiet and the cat has come home from all but moving in with the neighbours!! I have been so busy, and am now so tired, please excuse me if I don't catch up on the blog visits. Tomorrow, Christmas Day, will be wonderfully quiet!

Waving to you all wishing you a wonderful and blessed Christmas.
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:01 PM   #2278
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Have a Blessed Christmas Eve- hope everyone one is not out finishing shopping tomorrow- I have to make a couple of stops and do not feel light fighting the crowds.......

Stephi made it home safely and she and Katie had a wonderful time!

I am going to spend a little time tonight getting to blogs- will not post again until Thursday.......

Shelly
Old 12-24-2014, 07:23 AM   #2279
Quacker Stamper

I was up and out early this morning to go to PT. My neck is doing a little better, but that muscle between my shoulder and neck is still tight and just won't let up even with all the ultrasound and massage.

I got some of my cards addressed last night, so some will go out today and I hope to get the rest finished over the weekend and mailed. Sorry if yours comes late. I do hope to keep up with them on a monthly basis next year and get them all finished by Thanksgiving.

Kristie, glad that you are feeling better. I should be out of here I think by 2 also. We are closing at 2:30 and I have a little comp time I can use.

Maxine - yes, blessed quiet. When will you get together with the kids to do Christmas?

Shelly, glad that Stephi made it home okay. I do have to make a grocery stop and go to Panera Bread to get some sweet rolls for tmorrrow.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:42 AM   #2280
SCS RAK Coordinator

mcschmidty likes this post.