Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #2201
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Opps, that should have read mornings

Yes Maggie I do go by Maxine D, and I have had three 'mentions in despatches' recently - once as Kiwime... Our Shelly is doing well at the moment too, I have seen her name pop up several times recently.
Do you check Paper Playful? I got a PM from another blogger friend that I won also over on Tuesday Throwdown. Need to check out what the prize is.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #2202
Mad Swapper

Yes Maggie - I do check Paper Playful, thanks, and you are forgiven -not that I was offended. For some reason folks often seem to think that NZ is part of Australia . In fact, during the war, my Dad was told NZ is in Sydney harbour!!! Not quite - only 1,400 miles away!!
Old 12-10-2014, 04:25 AM   #2203
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 12-10-2014, 05:53 AM   #2204
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--Look who I found hanging outside my house:

I did get all of my Christmas Cards written yesterday and they are ready to mail today--YAY!!!! I have a couple of errands to do today and then I need to start to pack for my trip since I leave early Friday morning............

Have a Great Camel Smooching Hump Day!!!!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:59 AM   #2205

Smoochy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:14 AM   #2206
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Maxine! My son was just given Australia as his research paper country - LOL! The teacher gave them out at random and he was praying for Germany, England, Spain and she said "OH, Australia!" He is quite stumped, I assure you - coming up with customs like who do they believe in for Christmas? Um. Jesus? LOL! What are the foods, etc ...... wicked fun!

Hi all! Running and running some more! Dd17 is rushing about with me in the evenings -- dinner and homework time and in between rehearsals We seriously need like 2 more weeks in December BEFORE Christmas - hee hee! She has a solo in the Winter concert next Wed but lucky she knows the song like the back of her hand so we aren't chained to the school as much.

We leave in .... 9 days? I'm sooooooooooo excited!!! I can't wait to (get out of Miami!) into the Winter! ♥ We're packing up the car on Wednesday -- visiting and spending Christmas with family on Thursday and rolling out bright and early Friday at dawn, me at the wheel. Dh can't drive long distance anymore and it will be me and the girls if they so fit -- about a 14-16 hour drive, straight through from Miami to Tennessee not stopping except for potty breaks (me!) and the puppies - LOL!

All in favor of more time before Christmas, raise your hand!

Hugs to all!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 12-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #2207
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Yes Maggie - I do check Paper Playful, thanks, and you are forgiven -not that I was offended. For some reason folks often seem to think that NZ is part of Australia . In fact, during the war, my Dad was told NZ is in Sydney harbour!!! Not quite - only 1,400 miles away!!
So glad to know that we are still friends! I'm guilty. I know very little about Australia or New Zealand except that I've always wanted to go visit there.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #2208
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Oh Maxine! My son was just given Australia as his research paper country - LOL! The teacher gave them out at random and he was praying for Germany, England, Spain and she said "OH, Australia!" He is quite stumped, I assure you - coming up with customs like who do they believe in for Christmas? Um. Jesus? LOL! What are the foods, etc ...... wicked fun!

Hi all! Running and running some more! Dd17 is rushing about with me in the evenings -- dinner and homework time and in between rehearsals We seriously need like 2 more weeks in December BEFORE Christmas - hee hee! She has a solo in the Winter concert next Wed but lucky she knows the song like the back of her hand so we aren't chained to the school as much.

We leave in .... 9 days? I'm sooooooooooo excited!!! I can't wait to (get out of Miami!) into the Winter! ♥ We're packing up the car on Wednesday -- visiting and spending Christmas with family on Thursday and rolling out bright and early Friday at dawn, me at the wheel. Dh can't drive long distance anymore and it will be me and the girls if they so fit -- about a 14-16 hour drive, straight through from Miami to Tennessee not stopping except for potty breaks (me!) and the puppies - LOL!

All in favor of more time before Christmas, raise your hand!

Hugs to all!
Sounds like a whirlwind 9 days coming up for you guys, but it will be so nice to be out of town and having a fun time making great memories. I did put an envelope in the mail to you DD today. It should make it before you leave.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #2209
Mad Swapper

Just to let you know that here in this corner of the world it's summer , but despite that it is raining - again ....... The vegetable garden is also thriving.

Roses 14 (2).JPG

Roses 14 (1).JPG

Roses 14 (8).JPG
Old 12-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #2210

Okay, Kelly may be wishing for snow............. but I want to to Maxine's house!

Maxine, your flowers are beautiful!!!

Maggie, I'm glad Maxine forgave you.

Kelly, 9 days?????? EEK!!! I have the same number of days (well, maybe one more) because then my other 2 will be home and I'll be busy enjoying them. So tell me......... how did Christmas sneak up on us so fast???

My DH is home! He got home around 3:00. We've talked and talked but he's about ready to crash now, I think.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:32 AM   #2211

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #2212
SCS RAK Coordinator

I am headed to the stamp room for the first time in two weeks or so--I am looking forward to it. I am pretty much ready for my trip tomorrow morning and am starting to get excited! The convention is at the Gaylord National Harbor in Maryland, across the Potomac from DC. On Saturday night, I am taking a bus trip around DC and we will see the sites and lights of Christmas--that should be fun! I have an all day meeting Saturday and the convention starts Sunday morning.

I am not sure how much I will be online in the next few days--have fun on SCS and keep enjoying the holiday season!
Old 12-11-2014, 07:45 AM   #2213
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Love this cute purple guy. Reminds me of the song, One-Eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater.
mcschmidty and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:46 AM   #2214
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Just to let you know that here in this corner of the world it's summer , but despite that it is raining - again ....... The vegetable garden is also thriving.

Attachment 303755

Attachment 303756

Attachment 303757
Love your patio area. Your roses are beautiful. I've been getting roses on my knockout rose bushes all summer and now they are even still covered with blooms.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #2215
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post

I am headed to the stamp room for the first time in two weeks or so--I am looking forward to it. I am pretty much ready for my trip tomorrow morning and am starting to get excited! The convention is at the Gaylord National Harbor in Maryland, across the Potomac from DC. On Saturday night, I am taking a bus trip around DC and we will see the sites and lights of Christmas--that should be fun! I have an all day meeting Saturday and the convention starts Sunday morning.

I am not sure how much I will be online in the next few days--have fun on SCS and keep enjoying the holiday season!
Enjoy your time today in your stamp room and sounds like a great trip. Hope you have a safe journey with no mishaps.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:48 AM   #2216
Quacker Stamper

We do not have off the Friday after New Year's (on a Thursday) and I was thinking about taking that day off so I could work in my stamp room and my proposed workshop area in the garage. I just never have time on the weekends. I also don't want to use up too many vacation days because there are lots of plans for next year in the works.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:06 AM   #2217
Pearl-ExPert

Barb that sounds like a fun trip!!! Know that it's beautiful.
Kelly, yikes! That's a long trip - but so worth it all. I also stuck an envy in the mail to your daughter yesterday.
Maxine, your flowers are GORGEOUS!!!!! Makes me wish Spring was here already!
Maggie - so what's in the plans for next year on trips?

All's fine around here. Rainy (but no rain), ucky weather but at least it's not cold. Jim was about to bust this morning. Looked out our kitchen window and about 100 yards from the house are two bucks and a doe. He was really itching to shoot one (sorry Kelly) and could already taste the meat. However, it's not cold enough and you should let them hang for a couple of days. Ok, Kelly, I'll stop now!!!!!!!!! LOL! Anyway, they were so pretty to just sit and watch. They stayed there for a few hours!

So, is everyone ready for Christmas!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #2218
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Barb that sounds like a fun trip!!! Know that it's beautiful.
Kelly, yikes! That's a long trip - but so worth it all. I also stuck an envy in the mail to your daughter yesterday.
Maxine, your flowers are GORGEOUS!!!!! Makes me wish Spring was here already!
Maggie - so what's in the plans for next year on trips?

All's fine around here. Rainy (but no rain), ucky weather but at least it's not cold. Jim was about to bust this morning. Looked out our kitchen window and about 100 yards from the house are two bucks and a doe. He was really itching to shoot one (sorry Kelly) and could already taste the meat. However, it's not cold enough and you should let them hang for a couple of days. Ok, Kelly, I'll stop now!!!!!!!!! LOL! Anyway, they were so pretty to just sit and watch. They stayed there for a few hours!

So, is everyone ready for Christmas!!!!!!!!
Wow! That's great that you don't even have to leave your own yard to bag a buck!

A few things going on next year - hopefully, my DGD's drama teacher will get something together for their Spring Musical which I would want to go see. My other DGD that is married graduates (as well as her DH) in April at BYU so that would mean a trip to Salt Lake City. I hope to be able to attend that, but I have no idea how many invitations they get. Then the other one that is in HS (Spring Musical) graduates from HS in June! so that's 3 trips out West just in the 1st half of the year and no idea what we'll do for next year's holidays.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:59 AM   #2219

Oh Lynn, I do NOT do well seeing "things" during hunting season......... just way out of my comfort zone... but I do admit I snickered a bit at your story - and could almost see your DH pacing and sweating as those gorgeous creatures tempted him. I amd glad common sense won out and saved the day for the creatures.

Maggie, you're right about the little purple guy! And my! You are going to be traveling a lot next year - and CELEBRATING a lot, too!

Barb, have a safe trip! I'm so jealous that you'll get to see all of the BEAUTIFUL Christmas decorations. Wish I were going, too!

Kelly, your Chrissy has mail heading her way from me! I hope it gets there in time.

Kristie, I'm thinking you're back home now. Am I right? I hope you and your mom had a great time!

Kel, how are you and your men doing?

Shelly, I hope you're feeling okay! Seems you were having a headache the last time I remember seeing a post from you.

Maxine, how are things going? Still counting?

hmmmmmm... have I missed someone?

I hope all of you have a GREAT day today! My day started early - I woke at 4:00 and crawled out of bed at 4:30. If I weren't so very tired I actually might accomplish a lot today - since the day will be longer than some.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-12-2014, 06:29 AM   #2220
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Jeanette, we should have chatted! I was up 4:37 am! Dh's snoring was just too much to bear - haha, almost literally! I went out and laid down on the couch but had two dogs pile on top of me -- they know the beds are off limits but the minute I lay down on a coach, it's a free for all ~ legs poking me in the stomach, head, you name it .... we need a NAP today!

Hi all!

Oh Lynn, *covering my eyes!* I am SOOO not looking forward to that in Tenn -- I believe that's 'huntin' season' up there - at least a few years ago, one of the neighbors I met on my morning walk with the puppies said it was. She's like "you hear them shots? That's Christmas dinner!" ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. No. LOL! I am sure Jim would have loved his venison ~ it is a way of life, after all

I hope everyone is well! I know I'm missing A LOT!!!!!! I'm just crunched for time and relaly shouldn't even be on the internet - so much to do!

But It's nice to stop in and say hello!!!!!!!!!!

OH, I did want to mention, we won't be posting anything about our trip on Facebook :*( At least not publicly. The kids are all private, and plan to snapchat and tweet everything out, I suppose - my inlaws would be heartbroken to know we aren't going to be here at Christmas but on vacation . It's the ONLY time my dh can go, but they are just unwilling to accept that. Plus, he always worries about his patients knowing where we are! So it's shhhhhhhhhhh for now

Thanks, Lynn (and all!) for thinking of Chrissy - she's really done so much ! I cannot wait to go - I think -- it won't be easy, but I'm looking forward to it. She has a video montage planned (private FB group, probably?! I dunno!) and I gave her your names! ♥

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2014, 07:35 AM   #2221

Oh Kelly... if only I'd known, I would have sent you a text and we could have chatted.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #2222
Quacker Stamper

Just wanted to pop on and say good morning! I was NOT awake at 4 or 4:30, but I did wake up at 1:30 with foot cramps. Ugh! I hate when that happens. I eat a banana every day (I hear mushrooms have more potassium) and I take a potassium tablet every night before bed. I got up and went out and took another one and after awhile the feet calmed down so I could get back to sleep. I've been doing so well lately - actually sleeping through the night.

Kelly, I hope that when you get back from the trip, you have some photos that you can share with us here.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #2223
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Maggie, there will be lots and lots of pictures! I'll be posting here when I'm away, I hope -- and probably try to do a private FB group ~ you'll definitely see our winter fun and visit ♥

Yes, J - we should have!
Old 12-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #2224
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, sounds like you're going to be doing a ton of traveling next year! That's great though!! Sorry about the cramps. A doctor told Jim one time to put a bar of soap at the foot of the bed and that'd take care of cramps. Um........I'm not sure if it'd work or not but your feet may smell nice in the mornings! LOl!

Kelly, can't wait to see some pictures.

Jeanette - y'all need to sleep later than 4:00 a.m.! WAY too early in my book!!!
Old 12-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #2225

Maggie, I'm sorry about the foot cramps! They are no fun at all!!!

Kelly, do I need to befriend your DD on FB so I can see the pictures?

Lynn, I totally agree! (I'm dragging now... and it's only 8:30).

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #2226
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hi Ladies : )

Stephi is on her way home! She has a paper to write tomorrow, and we have to get her to packed to get her to China on Monday. I have so much stuff for Katie, I think I Stephi will have to pack lightly! It will be interesting to see if lots of people want pictures with the two of them traveling together.

I am still having a bit of a headache, I think I had a touch of the flue, sinusie and my neck is irritated...... I try to just ignore it, and keep busy, but there are days, I am sure we all have them!

Maxine, how long until the kids move out? It will be so quiet! Your flowers are just gorgeous by the way! You should put them on your blog! Are you making many Christmas cards? And, congrats on your wins!

Maggie- glad your neck is OK- no surgical issue- if it's not one thing...... Oh- I was having leg cramps a while back, and an anesthesiologist told me tonic water OR Magnesium oxide. If you are on a diuretic, you need bananas for lower potassium, but it has to be getting pretty low for leg cramps- try the Mg. It works wonders for me- it has a little bit of mild laxative/gassy effect, so don't take it before work : ) toot toot!
Hahaha yep- love your comment about that purple guy ; )

Gheeze Kelly and Jeannette and Maxine- getting up that early- way way too early for me! Kelly, so excited to hear about the trip- I sent a letter out today. I hope to see the pics too, and will keep your family in prayers for safe travels and tons of fun! It will be a Christmas to remember for a long long time.

Lynn- how do plants stay alive there with no rain??? Do you have an irrigation system? Just thought of that with your no rain mention and Maxines flower pic......

Jeanette- are you on goal with all of your angel making and Christmas cards? Glad hubby is back- hope he brought you something good home : ) How many trees did you manage to get up? ANd, what is news with your daughter in Alaska?

Barb- you are on the go girl! DC, I imagine, will be so awesome. Stephi is going to spend the summer in DC, so guess where we will be going on vacation.... : ) : )

Kristi's pics on FB of Disney- looks like she and Mom are having a great time!

Waving hello to all- hope I did not miss anything!

Shelly

Last edited by mcschmidty; 12-12-2014 at 08:27 PM..
Old 12-12-2014, 09:10 PM   #2227
Mad Swapper

Still counting down - about 10 days, all going well !! I am sure our poor old cat is counting too - their cat is getting stroppy towards ours again...

I have made 43 of my cards to the one design, and 5 others...... I will be typing up the annual missive either tonight or tomorrow, and getting the cards away next week - even the overseas ones .

I have spent a lot of the day outside taming the gardens again - I have one big flower bed to go, and the rose bed across the front of the house needs a few weeds pulled.

DH was starting to paint one of the fences after scraping it down, and came in full of asthma, and has now hit the bed with another chest infection - thankfully we have the 'big gun' antibiotics on hand and so he is tucked up in bed, dosed to the eyeballs, and now asleep.... he goes down so fast it can be scary - so glad we have the meds on hand all the time now.

Great to catch up on all the news and see that you are all behaving yourselves... apart from Jeanette and Kelly who tried to have a secret rendezvous without us!! Safe and happy travels there Kelly, and Jeanette I am glad to hear your DH is home - hope the angels don't fly away with you, there sounds as though you may just have a whole choir of them!!

Kristie I have seen some photos and you look as though the trip has been magical.

Lynn those deer sounded beautiful - pity they become target practise and then dinner, but such is life.

Barb, - safe travels and enjoy the beauty of the city

Maggie that cramp sounds horrible praying you get a better night tonight!!

Shelly that 'flu sounds ghastly - take care of yourself.

Waving at you all - pity I can't find a wee waving icon.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:19 AM   #2228

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I was trying to get here earlier today - but the forest thread broke my computer! J/K.... I actually posted in the forest, and then immediately my internet went down and it's been down for hours! It's back now though... YAY!

Shelly, I'm almost finished with angel production...... and I don't do Christmas cards. I need to finish Christmas shopping - I'm going to the city on Monday to do that. DS arrives next Saturday from just north of you and DD flies in next Sunday, assuming flights are able to get out of the bush. She's really busy right now - she has 4 IEP meetings next week - but busy is good because it isn't allowing her much time to fret about potential flight problems. Last year the teachers got stranded in the bush and had to stay there for Christmas because the planes couldn't fly due to weather.

I'm sure you will enjoy having Stephi home a few days... and then the two will have great fun together in China!

Maxine, the next time Kelly and I can't sleep, we'll get in touch with you. How's that?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-13-2014, 01:00 PM   #2229
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Glad Stephi is coming in though and at least you'll have a couple of days with her before she leaves. Know they'll have so much fun!

Maxine, hang on for 10 more days! LOL! Tell the cat to deal with it all until then too. Going to be very quiet around your house then. Hope your husband starts feeling better.

Oh Shelly, you asked how me keep plants alive with no rain? We don't! LOL! I have a few in the front and back and it's a matter of watering them all the time. With water restrictions it makes it hard though and I finally just give up and let them die. We were able to keep the garden going by hand watering until it got through producing but the veggies just never do very well that way. Toward the end of summer we were in Stage 4 water restrictions (and think we still are) where you can't water - period! Not good at all! In Stage 3 you can water once every two weeks with a hand held hose. That's why everything just basically dies. The grass takes a beating and really hasn't come back right in about 3 years now. So sad to look at it all but not much you can do about it. It'd be nice to have our own well but we don't, so...........
Old 12-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #2230
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, sounds like you're going to be doing a ton of traveling next year! That's great though!! Sorry about the cramps. A doctor told Jim one time to put a bar of soap at the foot of the bed and that'd take care of cramps. Um........I'm not sure if it'd work or not but your feet may smell nice in the mornings! LOl!

Kelly, can't wait to see some pictures.

Jeanette - y'all need to sleep later than 4:00 a.m.! WAY too early in my book!!!
Thar's funny about the soap. I wonder if it makes any difference what brand it is.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:24 PM   #2231
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Still counting down - about 10 days, all going well !! I am sure our poor old cat is counting too - their cat is getting stroppy towards ours again...

I have made 43 of my cards to the one design, and 5 others...... I will be typing up the annual missive either tonight or tomorrow, and getting the cards away next week - even the overseas ones .

I have spent a lot of the day outside taming the gardens again - I have one big flower bed to go, and the rose bed across the front of the house needs a few weeds pulled.

DH was starting to paint one of the fences after scraping it down, and came in full of asthma, and has now hit the bed with another chest infection - thankfully we have the 'big gun' antibiotics on hand and so he is tucked up in bed, dosed to the eyeballs, and now asleep.... he goes down so fast it can be scary - so glad we have the meds on hand all the time now.

Great to catch up on all the news and see that you are all behaving yourselves... apart from Jeanette and Kelly who tried to have a secret rendezvous without us!! Safe and happy travels there Kelly, and Jeanette I am glad to hear your DH is home - hope the angels don't fly away with you, there sounds as though you may just have a whole choir of them!!

Kristie I have seen some photos and you look as though the trip has been magical.

Lynn those deer sounded beautiful - pity they become target practise and then dinner, but such is life.

Barb, - safe travels and enjoy the beauty of the city

Maggie that cramp sounds horrible praying you get a better night tonight!!

Shelly that 'flu sounds ghastly - take care of yourself.

Waving at you all - pity I can't find a wee waving icon.
Sorry about your DH. I hope that he gets over this soon. Sounds like he needs to quit trying to do too much work outside if this happens often.

Poor kitties. I'm sure they will both be happy to be all alone again in their own space.

Luckily I don't get those foot cramps every night, just once in awhile and I never really know what causes them.

Here you go Maxine for the waving icon -
Old 12-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #2232
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Shelly, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Glad Stephi is coming in though and at least you'll have a couple of days with her before she leaves. Know they'll have so much fun!

Maxine, hang on for 10 more days! LOL! Tell the cat to deal with it all until then too. Going to be very quiet around your house then. Hope your husband starts feeling better.

Oh Shelly, you asked how me keep plants alive with no rain? We don't! LOL! I have a few in the front and back and it's a matter of watering them all the time. With water restrictions it makes it hard though and I finally just give up and let them die. We were able to keep the garden going by hand watering until it got through producing but the veggies just never do very well that way. Toward the end of summer we were in Stage 4 water restrictions (and think we still are) where you can't water - period! Not good at all! In Stage 3 you can water once every two weeks with a hand held hose. That's why everything just basically dies. The grass takes a beating and really hasn't come back right in about 3 years now. So sad to look at it all but not much you can do about it. It'd be nice to have our own well but we don't, so...........
You must just be out of the line of storms that keep coming through Texas and down to Houston. We've actually had a lot of rain this season and I've not had to water this year as much as I did the couple previous years. And you're right, the lawn and flowers much prefer to get rain then the water from the hose and sprinklers.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:29 PM   #2233
Quacker Stamper

Just jumping on for a minute. I spent time last night wrapping all the gifts I had that needed to get shipped to CA today. I still have the ones that stay here that are not wrapped, but I have time for that.

It's been pretty nice here today - not too hot and a little cloudy, but I did put the A/C on in the car on my way home from the grocery store, but by that time it was noon and warming up outside. I was out early to the PO at 8 a.m. to get 2 packages sent off to CA. I'll have some additional things to send there, but they all haven't made it here yet.

Today I'm cleaning up the house so I can bring in the tubs with all the Christmas decorations to see what I'm going to use and what I'm going to put aside for all the kids to look at to see what they want. Too bad I couldn't do this while Lisa was here. I was talking to Debbie today about what we have having for Christmas dinner. It's going to be a little weird because my SIL is having hernia surgery 2 days before Christmas and won't be able to eat any of it. Since Morgan is vegetarian, there will only be 3 of us eating a traditional dinner and we are still going to do it only on a smaller scale. She has a couple of turkey breasts that she'll cook instead of ham or a big whole turkey. I'm going to make the green bean casserole with her recipe and I'm going to make twice baked sweet potatoes. That's as far as we got. We'll talk desserts later. I am going over there tomorrow night for dinner and to attend my SIL's Christmas Choir performance that he takes part in every year. I always look forward to that.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #2234
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, it's so weird because all summer long we'd look at the radar if it was even remotely cloudy in the area, and Houston ALWAYS looked like it was getting rain!!!!!!!! Nothing here though! Several times we could actually see it raining about 30 minutes from here - and nope, not here. So strange! Maybe this coming year will be better......at least we can always hope anyway.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #2235

My parents used to do the soap at the foot of the bed thing religiously - for years... and swore it worked. Then for some reason they changed their mind and quit doing it.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-14-2014, 05:37 AM   #2236
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning from National Harbor, Maryland. The sun is shining and temps are to be in the 50's. I arrived on Friday and had a meeting all day yesterday. The opening session was fun and then we went on the Washington DC tour. It was a nice tour and we got out of the bus 5 or 6 times to see some of the memorials. It was a bit cool--43 degrees, so it was nice and warm when we got back into the bus. It was a 4 hour tour, so we got back to the hotel after 11:30.

The exhibit hall opens this morning and we have a section meeting this afternoon, along with a couple of workshop sessions. The Packer game is at 1:00, so I will try to catch some of that too.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:59 AM   #2237

Yep, Fellow Stamp Addicts, it's Monday! But I'm here to wish you a...

Barb, I'm so glad you're enjoying your trip!

Me oh my! It's sure been quiet in this thread! Where'd everyone go???

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #2238
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, it's so weird because all summer long we'd look at the radar if it was even remotely cloudy in the area, and Houston ALWAYS looked like it was getting rain!!!!!!!! Nothing here though! Several times we could actually see it raining about 30 minutes from here - and nope, not here. So strange! Maybe this coming year will be better......at least we can always hope anyway.
LOL! That happens down here too. My sis lives 5 minutes away from me and it's been known to rain at her house and I don't get a drop! I do hope that you'll get some. We've had some in the morning the last couple of days. The patio is all wet when I go out to feed the kitties. Reminds me I need to call my yard man tonight to tell him to quit putting my grass cuttings and bags of leaves in my garbage can. He needs to just put them down by the street, but the City of Houston makes us use special biodegradable bags and I guess he doesn't want to do that. The last Friday he did that, the can was full of bags of leaves and it was so heavy I could barely push it down to the street.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #2239
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning from National Harbor, Maryland. The sun is shining and temps are to be in the 50's. I arrived on Friday and had a meeting all day yesterday. The opening session was fun and then we went on the Washington DC tour. It was a nice tour and we got out of the bus 5 or 6 times to see some of the memorials. It was a bit cool--43 degrees, so it was nice and warm when we got back into the bus. It was a 4 hour tour, so we got back to the hotel after 11:30.

The exhibit hall opens this morning and we have a section meeting this afternoon, along with a couple of workshop sessions. The Packer game is at 1:00, so I will try to catch some of that too.
Sounds like you are having a fun time Barb. That is a bit chilly to be going in and out of the bus. I bet the night lights in DC are just beautiful.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #2240
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Yep, Fellow Stamp Addicts, it's Monday! But I'm here to wish you a...

Barb, I'm so glad you're enjoying your trip!

Me oh my! It's sure been quiet in this thread! Where'd everyone go???
I spent most of my day on Saturday putting up all my Christmas decorations. I have a bunch of big tubs and didn't want to drag them all in the house, so I was going back and forth between the garage and my house with different things that I wanted. I only brought 2 tubs into the house. I decided that the little tree that I have is not big enough so Saturday night I ordered one online that is being delivered on Thursday, but I'll put it away until next year. I'm not going to put another one up this year. I also have been having to keep an eye on Casper and Corey. They think that the baby Jesus in the nativity set is a play toy and they did knock a couple things off the tree, but I've been stern with them so I'm hoping they get the idea that they are not "toyz" for them.

Yesterday I finished up a card that needs to be on my blog tomorrow. It's the last one I'm doing for Creative Card Crew. I decided to step down from that Team. I just seem to be so busy and not enough time to do some of my own projects. I didn't really think that I'd have time for it when I first joined the DT, but thought I would try it out and the girl that owns it really wanted me to join. I met her in Dallas at the last Copic's class that I went to.

I started my 4 weeks of PT today for my neck. Ugh! Traction is not a fun thing. I'm going again tomorrow and Thursday, but then the next 2 weeks will be M-W-F at 7:30 except on the Fridays which will be 8 a.m. I'll be off those 2 days, but they are still open.