Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-05-2014, 05:06 AM   #2161
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Tee Hee! I think that might be Darlene dancing in disguise! YAY for the day off, my friend! Well deserved!

Maggie, I'm sorry you're still dealing with pain. Hopefully the MRI's will help to determine whhat's going on and then the doctors can fix whatever it is!

Maxine, YAY for the family! I'm so glad for all of you that your DD and her family will be renting and living nearby - for visits but not constant togetherness!

Kelly, I hope you enjoyed your unexpected guest!

Lynn, we would do WHATEVER it takes to get you back, should someone kidnap you!

Barb, what time shall we all arrive for your party - and to view your gorgeous Christmas decor???

Waving to Shelly, Kristie, Kel... and others that I might have missed.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:31 AM   #2162
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

mschoener likes this post.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #2163
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all!

Thank you for the Joey prayers -- good news, he's being moved to ICU! He's on the mend and upswing and passing all the tests (they suspected brain trauma and injury - but he is looking better every day!)

Boy do I understand the running around part! LOL!

Cheers on that one, girls!

More good news (sort of) - we finally got administration to move our daughter from her math class! Unfortunately she had to move to a lower class (from Gifted to regular but it's either that or fail. Not an option. Back and forth since September and we are now where we should have been all along, LOL. It will work out, it has to! Thanks for cheering us on!

SOoooooooooo much to do - wishing you all a WONDERFUL weekend if I don't get a chance to stop in!

Hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #2164

Barb, I love your graphic!

Kelly, YAY for the good report on Joey and the good news for your DD!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-05-2014, 10:04 PM   #2165
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello- I made it back from Ky last night late and worked today. I forgot my computer cord there- boo! I asked them to mail it to me, so we'll see when it arrives. I will try to blog hop this weekend from my phone , or if hubby is not on his computer, I will use his. He is in Detroit tonight at a football game.

Working tomorrow and then going to a dinner.

Parents are old! My Dad looks so frail. He is so resistant to help and feels like we are invading his house and trying to take over. He behaved fairly well and was nice to my brother- he actually had a great visit. Mom loves having company, and I took her to get her nails done, then shopping. One store and she was done. My brother and I did all of the cooking- they ate well (Dad is down to 125#) and we did all of the dishes as well. I am not sure how Christmas will work out- but we'll see : )

It was the first time since the stroke that they had 2 visitors at a time- they were exhausted Thursday. I worked around the house and did some cooking/baking before I left, and they were napping on/off and just wiped!

DO you believe, even with the memory lapses- the neurologist and family doc both told my Mom she was good to drive....... Dad (who cannot see) but knows his way around well has to be in the car with her. Dear heavens!

Waving hi to all! I tried to catch up, but not sure I got all of the updates.

Lynn has come out of hiding and there was no ransom note at all. Did you do any black Friday shopping?

Maggie- love reading the Adventures of crating Kitties. Hope they do well at the vet! And, hope the MRI information gives the doc a good view of how to make you feel better.

Darlene- boo for the weather- and love the idea of you dancing and celebrating a day off- yeah! Wahoo : )

Jeanette- thanks for the compliment on the ornament- I took it with me to Ky and it is on their tree. Are you making any angel ornaments this year?

Kelly- glad to hear Joey is doing better. I could never work in a peds dept and see sick kids! Your kids and the B-day adventures- what a blast- and the Tenn. trip is going to be so cool! I love that you bought the dogs coats, and awesome you took the bag of goodies to the pound!

Kel- not sure how you do it- remodeling and taking care of three little ones- bless you! Hope your Christmas decorations and all is coming together well.

Maxine- the Nativity sounds beautiful. Whoa- the kids moving out- the quiet will be noisy at first! Bless you for helping them out and how nice they will be close by. Is it usually frosty there in the 'summertime'? It is in the 30-40's here this week.

I have to work in a trip to Chicago this week- to get Stephi's Visa for her trip to China. She is heading there on the 15th to see Katie- and Katie is SOOO excited!

Hugs to all- have a fab weekend!
Shelly
Old 12-06-2014, 05:00 AM   #2166

Welcome home, Shelly! We missed you! Reading your post made me smile (sensing your great love for your parents), and cry (hearing how your parents are aging/failing), and even get a little ticked (at the doctor giving your mom/parents permission to drive). You are an amazing daughter!

Oh how fun.... it won't be long until Katie and Stephi are together! I'm sure they will have a GREAT time!

Were your parents thrilled with your ornament? I hope so!!!

Yes, I am making angel ornaments - we'll be giving them to the church families a week earlier than usual this year, since I won't be home the Sunday before Christmas. That's the day I have to go to the St. Louis Airport to pick up our DD.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-06-2014, 06:58 AM   #2167
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Evening Addicted Friends!
Maggie, I sure hope that you get some answers for the shoulder & neck, it's been troubling you for quite some time now.

I am taking tomorrow off - yippee! One of my first treats will be to visit each of your blogs with my early morning coffee. I miss doing that. Glad to see my life getting a little more settled.

Kel, sure hope that you get to feeling better soon. A baby and remodeling would be more than enough. Add to it not feeling well, and it sounds really rough.

Waving - waving!
Thanks Darlene. It has been awhile and the MRI on my shoulder last night was tough. It started aching so badly during the 45 min test, but I couldn't move it so just had to tough it out. After awhile, it just sort of got numb.

Yeah! Glad you got some time off. I've been so bad about getting around to blogs with all that has been going on, but this weekend I plan to get things caught up. I also am planning to give up one of my DT's after the 1st of the year. I really think for me with a full time job that 3 DT's is just too much and I can't get my own things done that I want to do. I'm reluctant, but really think it's the best thing to do.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-06-2014, 06:59 AM   #2168
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Maggie, hope they don't find anything serious with the MRI. Will be thinking about you.

Jeanette, I'm afraid that if someone asked for ransom money for me they just wouldn't get a whole lot! LOL!

Everything is just fine. Just trying to get all the Christmas stuff sorted, cards made that I should have been doing all year, and the general running around. At least the weather isn't freezing so that's always a big plus in my book.
Thanks Lynn. I do hope that they find something that they can fix without anything invasive.

I'd love to work on Christmas decorating this weekend. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:01 AM   #2169

Oh Maggie, I'm sorry it was so uncomfortable to have the MRI. Ouch! (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-06-2014, 07:02 AM   #2170
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi all - from a wet but warm summer .... hanging out for some stable fine weather that lasts more than a couple of days .

Shelly your card arrived today - it is gorgeous, and the statement on the front is so true!! - thank you so much!

Maggie I do trust that the MRI reveals the source of your discomfort, and that a treatment is readily available and will resolve the issues. I loved your description of getting your cats caged!

Our old boy is so laid back it is almost a pleasure to catch and cage him. He has had his final bloods and although we need to track his thyroid function regularly, he is right back to normal!!

DD and family have a house - they have decided to move into a rental - partially as they won't be able to get a mortgage for up to 12 months after DD starts working... They will move either just before or just after Christmas. We will welcome the peace as the past month has been character building.... , but will also welcome their visits. As I said to DH this morning, now I know why we don't/can't start our family late in life, and not only because we would forget where we put them down.!!

I have yet to write our Christmas newsletter, but I do have the cards made!!

Waving and sending {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you all
Thanks Maxine - so happy to hear that your DD and family will be moving into their own home even though rented. Maybe if they like it enough and can do it, they'll be able to buy it later on.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:04 AM   #2171
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Hi all!

Thank you for the Joey prayers -- good news, he's being moved to ICU! He's on the mend and upswing and passing all the tests (they suspected brain trauma and injury - but he is looking better every day!)

Boy do I understand the running around part! LOL!

Cheers on that one, girls!

More good news (sort of) - we finally got administration to move our daughter from her math class! Unfortunately she had to move to a lower class (from Gifted to regular but it's either that or fail. Not an option. Back and forth since September and we are now where we should have been all along, LOL. It will work out, it has to! Thanks for cheering us on!

SOoooooooooo much to do - wishing you all a WONDERFUL weekend if I don't get a chance to stop in!

Hugs!
So glad to hear that you finally were able to get some help for your DD and get her in a good class where she can excel. At least she should have a good 2nd half of the year.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:05 AM   #2172
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Barb, I love your graphic!

Kelly, YAY for the good report on Joey and the good news for your DD!
Yes, forgot to mention the good news about Joey. I'll continue to keep him in my prayers.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:10 AM   #2173
Quacker Stamper

Good morning. I so enjoy reading all of your posts even if I don't comment on all of them although I try to do that.

Shelly, glad to hear that you and your brother had a good visit with your parents. Not sure if you've said what their ages are. I saw that with 2 of my BIL's siblings who are up in years and look like they could break at any time.

I talked to my sis yesterday and she's doing great. Says she keeps busy. She has lots to do around the house too. So many phone calls, and I reminded her that she needs to have his will probated and has to put the house in her name as well as other accounts. I"m thinking that her DS and sons-in-law will come sometime and get the workshop cleaned up and decide what to keep and what to get rid of. She's lucky that they live close by her so they can be there to help out.

Not a lot going on here today. I need to go to the grocery store and then plan on giving the house a good cleaning. It certainly needs it. Sure hope to get some things done in my stamp room today also.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:23 AM   #2174
SCS RAK Coordinator

Welcome Home Shelley--great to see a long post from you!

Maggie--sorry to MRI was painful, but I am hoping they get some results that help!
Old 12-06-2014, 07:23 AM   #2175
SCS RAK Coordinator

I put up the outdoor lights yesterday, so we are ready! Our cocktail party is tonight and we have a few things to make--blue cheese popovers, molasses glazed ribs-made with homemade harissa, spinach-artichoke dip and put a cheese platter together. The Badgers play Ohio State for the conference championship for football tonight at 7:00, so the game will be on in the family room. Our theme this year is "Bling it up with Christmas Jewelry"!

Have a Fantastic Weekend!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:03 PM   #2176
Mad Swapper

Oh Barb - we have been so busy this weekend I missed your party - sounds as though it would have been a fabulous one to attend.

Maggie I do hope all the discomfort is worth it and they find out what the problem(s) is/are.

Great to hear that you are starting to find some normality in life now Darlene - good to see you here.

Hugs to Kel and Jeanette and Lynn (I could only ransom you with hugs).

Great news about Joey, thanks for keeping us updated Kelly. God is so good.

Shelly I felt for you when I read about your parents - it is so hard when they are so feistily independent, and becoming suspicious of anybody wanting to help - very scary about the driving though. DH has voluntarily given up driving, but still has is licence - it is due for renewal next year, and he admits it could be very hard to actuallhy relinquish it.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #2177
Pearl-ExPert

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Sorry I missed your party Barb but I know it was fun. Love the theme you had for it!

Maggie, hope the should is better today. I saw the picture of Casper on FB! So cute.

Shelly, I know that's so hard on you being far from your parents. Hope your mom doesn't have to drive far to go to places! I asked my kiddos what they were going to do when I got old(er) and they said they'd slap me in a nursing home far, far away! LOL! Bless their hearts!

Maxine, I know you sorta hate to see the family leave but it will be good to feel like you have your life back a little. At least they'll be close by and that's all that matters.

No, I didn't do a bit of black Friday shopping! Not in the store and not on line either. Just didn't want to hassle with any of it this year. I know I probably missed good sales but.......

Kelly, that's great news on Joey and also your daughter getting in a better class for her.

Hope everyone else is doing good.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #2178
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Sunday!

Our cocktail party was very fun--lots of great bling and interesting necklaces and earrings! And the food was good too! However, the Badger game was horrible, but we watched it to the bitter end

Too Bad some of you were not able to make it--a Stamp Addicts Party would be a hoot!

I hope you have a Blessed Sunday!
Old 12-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #2179
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Dropping in on a Sunday- before noon. I woke up with a wicked pounding head and throbbing body! I took some Advil and put a pain patch on my neck, and went back to rest for a bit- much better now!
Thanks to all the supportive comments about visiting elderly parentals- I appreciate it!
I have hi-jacked hubby's computer and plan to get to blogs before he boots me off.... Mom and Dad left a message they got the cord to the P.O. on Sat., so hopefully it will be here tomorrow when I get home from work.

Have a fab day!
Shelly
Old 12-07-2014, 08:12 PM   #2180
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies, I didn't forget about you all! This past week was super busy with my stepdad's bday, my Mom's bday, a live stream event for Stampin Up, going to Christmas fairs and last minute shopping for our trip. I have my parents cards and December calendars to post but ran out of time. We got our village up but no tree yet Our storage room has a leak in the roof so we couldn't put anything out there. My stepdad will fix it this week and Mike will get the tree in place while I am away. He will leave the decorating to me lol. I will check in when I get back! Have a great week!
Old 12-08-2014, 04:51 AM   #2181

I hope your weekend was great! Mine was... just way too short.

Maggie, I'm glad to hear your Sis is doing okay. I'm sure there are many many little things to deal with. It's good that she has family nearby!

Barb, your party was a HUGE success, I'm sure! Maxine, Lynn, and I got lost and didn't arrive in time. Shucks!

Maxine, I can understand how your DH feels about the possibility of having to relinquish his driver's license. My MIL had to do that when she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She hadn't hardly driven in years... but it was still very difficult.

Lynn, hmmmmmmmm... your children sound like a fun bunch. I love when families can tease/joke!

Shelly, YAY! I'm glad your cord is in the mail! And I'm glad you're feeling better, too!

Kristie, Yikes! You've been busy! I hope you can relax and enjoy your trip.

Waving to Kelly, Kel... anyone else?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-08-2014, 05:33 AM   #2182
SCS RAK Coordinator

Well-I hope you are cheering today.................................
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #2183
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post

I put up the outdoor lights yesterday, so we are ready! Our cocktail party is tonight and we have a few things to make--blue cheese popovers, molasses glazed ribs-made with homemade harissa, spinach-artichoke dip and put a cheese platter together. The Badgers play Ohio State for the conference championship for football tonight at 7:00, so the game will be on in the family room. Our theme this year is "Bling it up with Christmas Jewelry"!

Have a Fantastic Weekend!
Such yummy food. Sure wish I had gotten an invite to that party.

Sorry about the game. I heard at church yesterday that Ohio didn't make it.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #2184
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh Barb - we have been so busy this weekend I missed your party - sounds as though it would have been a fabulous one to attend.

Maggie I do hope all the discomfort is worth it and they find out what the problem(s) is/are.

Great to hear that you are starting to find some normality in life now Darlene - good to see you here.

Hugs to Kel and Jeanette and Lynn (I could only ransom you with hugs).

Great news about Joey, thanks for keeping us updated Kelly. God is so good.

Shelly I felt for you when I read about your parents - it is so hard when they are so feistily independent, and becoming suspicious of anybody wanting to help - very scary about the driving though. DH has voluntarily given up driving, but still has is licence - it is due for renewal next year, and he admits it could be very hard to actually relinquish it.
But since your DH doesn't drive and shouldn't, he should get just an ID card instead of a driver's license. I don't know how things are there with the Aussies, but here we are asked for a photo ID quite often so we need to have something to show.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #2185
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Sorry I missed your party Barb but I know it was fun. Love the theme you had for it!

Maggie, hope the should is better today. I saw the picture of Casper on FB! So cute.

Shelly, I know that's so hard on you being far from your parents. Hope your mom doesn't have to drive far to go to places! I asked my kiddos what they were going to do when I got old(er) and they said they'd slap me in a nursing home far, far away! LOL! Bless their hearts!

Maxine, I know you sorta hate to see the family leave but it will be good to feel like you have your life back a little. At least they'll be close by and that's all that matters.

No, I didn't do a bit of black Friday shopping! Not in the store and not on line either. Just didn't want to hassle with any of it this year. I know I probably missed good sales but.......

Kelly, that's great news on Joey and also your daughter getting in a better class for her.

Hope everyone else is doing good.
Thanks Lynn. Yes, I thought that was such a cute pose for Casper with his head tucked in that way. Glad I was able to snap the photo before he moved. I'm hoping to hear from the orthopedist sometime this week and hoping for earlier than later.

LOL! I don't know what I'm going to do when I get "old." I really do NOT want to live with either of my girls as much as I love them. There are a couple nicer assisted living places around the area that aren't too expensive from what I hear. I can't go anywhere while I have my kitties still around so I'll be here for awhile yet.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #2186
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Dropping in on a Sunday- before noon. I woke up with a wicked pounding head and throbbing body! I took some Advil and put a pain patch on my neck, and went back to rest for a bit- much better now!
Thanks to all the supportive comments about visiting elderly parentals- I appreciate it!
I have hi-jacked hubby's computer and plan to get to blogs before he boots me off.... Mom and Dad left a message they got the cord to the P.O. on Sat., so hopefully it will be here tomorrow when I get home from work.

Have a fab day!
Shelly
Sorry about the headache, but glad that it's better.

Thanks for the post on my blog. I hope to get around tonight. Thought I would yesterday, but I had a card to get done and then
I went to a concert for Morgan last night. It was her choir class at HCC. There were 14 I believe and a couple of them are also in a director's class. It was really a lot of fun and she also had a small solo part in one of the songs. I'm hoping to upload it and another one to FB later. I would have last night only my camera battery died when I got home. So glad it didn't do that at the show. It was also announced that she and 2 other girls from her class are going to State in February for competition!! So proud of her.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #2187
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi ladies, I didn't forget about you all! This past week was super busy with my stepdad's bday, my Mom's bday, a live stream event for Stampin Up, going to Christmas fairs and last minute shopping for our trip. I have my parents cards and December calendars to post but ran out of time. We got our village up but no tree yet Our storage room has a leak in the roof so we couldn't put anything out there. My stepdad will fix it this week and Mike will get the tree in place while I am away. He will leave the decorating to me lol. I will check in when I get back! Have a great week!
Hope you have a great trip Kristie and that your mom will enjoy herself.

Bummer on the leak. My DD in CA discovered 2 leaks in their roof when they had heavy rain last week. It hardly ever rains there so they didn't know there was a problem.

Nothing up for Christmas at my house yet either, but hope to do that this weekend. At least my little trees and my door wreath.

How was the big Stampin Up event?
Old 12-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #2188
Quacker Stamper

Oh, Maxine, I think I saw your name on the winners list for Paper Playful. It was Maxine D, so I thought that was you. Sorry I don't remember exactly which day, but it was one of the last couple, so check it out.

I won a $20 voucher on the Craftinghazelnut Christmas challenge. Can't wait for her to send me the information for it so I can see what I want to buy.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:46 AM   #2189
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Well-I hope you are cheering today.................................
So sorry for your loss, Barb
Old 12-08-2014, 08:24 PM   #2190
Proud Fan Club Member

Love that Monday cheerleader- the life of a Bears fan- hubby really, I do not really care. My daughter in China (Katie) is a huge Football fan - she is a Buckeye, so is so happy to hear Ohio State will be in the final 4- playing Alabama though......

I woke up feeling HORRIBLE today. Hot poker in the back of my neck, and throbbing head! I felt better as the day progressed and even stayed over and did one more chart.....

Kristie- Have a BLAST at Disney with your Mom! How awesome! I hope you will post some of your Me and Mom pics on FB!

Maggie- awesome for your GD! Congrats to her. I saw something on FB while I was at work, but did not see the video. I'll have to get back on tonight and see what I missed.

Barb- sorry I missed the cocktail party- sounds like a blast!

Maxine- I know that before long the drivers license will be taken away and just pray no one gets hurt in the meantime...... DO you think your hubby will ever be able to drive again?

Lynn- hahahaha I guess that would be OK if you end up in a place where there are other spunky card making elderly as well! e used to joke at the sewing conventions- you had to have 25 unfinished projects to enter the stitchers retirement home....... (I do have 25 Unfinished projects too.....! We call them UFO's)......

Jeanette- you always make me smile. I found a cool angel ornament- thought of you : ) Once I get the computer cord back in the mail, I will post it.

Darlene- fun to see you poppin in and glad you are getting some 'me' time!

Kelly- waving hello- hope you are enjoying all of the holiday craziness while it lasts! (While the kids are still young).

Hugs to all
Shelly
Old 12-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #2191
Mad Swapper

Maggie - I live in New Zealand and am a Kiwi - . We joke here that one of the worst things you can call a Kiwi is an Aussie DH really will not need any form of ID as we are generally out together, and ID is not a big thing here in a small town.

Shelly I hear your apprehension about your Mothers driving - I know how I felt not long before DH decoded to stop . The eye specialists have told him he can't drive, and I cannot see his sight recovering to any great degree .

Shhh - don't say, but I am counting down until we are back on our own.....

Good to see you all here and that things are going well for most. I am so tired, thanks to DGS waking at 5:30 a.m. the past few minutes.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #2192
Mad Swapper

Opps, that should have read mornings

Yes Maggie I do go by Maxine D, and I have had three 'mentions in despatches' recently - once as Kiwime... Our Shelly is doing well at the moment too, I have seen her name pop up several times recently.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:28 AM   #2193

AND... the countdown begins/continues! (I love it, Maxine!)

Shelly, I can't wait for you to get your cord so I can see that angel. Thank you!

Maggie, you're much too young to be thinking about where you'll go when you're old. YEARS in the future!

Barb, you make me

Kristie, I hope you and your mom are enjoying the happiest place on earth!

Waving at Kelly, Kel, Lynn.... and others I've missed.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-09-2014, 05:29 AM   #2194
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--I hope you are having a great start to a Tuesday! I am going to work on writing Christmas Cards today. Our temps are to be in the high 30's and they say even close to 50 by the weekend. I am heading to Washington DC on Friday for our National Convention and it is to be in the 50's there too--and I hope all of the icky weather the east is getting right now, will be gone..........
Old 12-09-2014, 07:52 AM   #2195
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning!

Welcome home, Shel! It sounds like your visit with your parents was a wonderful one - you are a dedicated and dutiful daughter - a treasure, indeed!

Congrats on the wins, girls! I'm sure you will have fun spending your CG, Maggie - so many wonderful things out there in craft land I hope you are able to get some relief, too. Your DGD and my DD lead mirrored lives! They do the same things at the same time, same field It's nice they have that passion! We are in the midst of applications and scholarship aps and the waiting game. She hears from College choice #1 in January - eek! She heads to All-State Competition in January (luckily dh is taking her!) and landed a spot in the coveted Reading Choir.

Speaking of reading, I missed our Book Club meeting this month due to busy-ness but the book was fantastic!! Sue Monk Kidd's "Invention of Wings" - powerful, moving, intense! It's not for everyone but an incredible read - I was immersed, that's for sure.

Welcome home, Kristie -- and if you havent' left yet, have a great trip! Disney is a blast at Christmas! ♥

Waving at everyone!!!

DT:  The Project Bin
Old 12-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #2196
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning!

Welcome home, Shel! It sounds like your visit with your parents was a wonderful one - you are a dedicated and dutiful daughter - a treasure, indeed!

Congrats on the wins, girls! I'm sure you will have fun spending your CG, Maggie - so many wonderful things out there in craft land I hope you are able to get some relief, too. Your DGD and my DD lead mirrored lives! They do the same things at the same time, same field It's nice they have that passion! We are in the midst of applications and scholarship aps and the waiting game. She hears from College choice #1 in January - eek! She heads to All-State Competition in January (luckily dh is taking her!) and landed a spot in the coveted Reading Choir.

Speaking of reading, I missed our Book Club meeting this month due to busy-ness but the book was fantastic!! Sue Monk Kidd's "Invention of Wings" - powerful, moving, intense! It's not for everyone but an incredible read - I was immersed, that's for sure.

Welcome home, Kristie -- and if you havent' left yet, have a great trip! Disney is a blast at Christmas! ♥

Waving at everyone!!!

It is kind of weird that your DD and my DGD are heading down the same road of life. She goes to State in February and it will only be her, the 2 other girls, and the choir director. It's in the middle of the week in San Antonio. And she knows one of the other girls from church. Small world.

Oh we read that book for book club I think 2-3 months ago. I LOVED it! It was in the running for Book of the Year, but I didn't hear how that ended up.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #2197
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning Ladies--I hope you are having a great start to a Tuesday! I am going to work on writing Christmas Cards today. Our temps are to be in the high 30's and they say even close to 50 by the weekend. I am heading to Washington DC on Friday for our National Convention and it is to be in the 50's there too--and I hope all of the icky weather the east is getting right now, will be gone..........
Barb, you are always so well organized! Have a fun trip to DC, well I hope you can have fun on a "businss" trip. We've only been getting up into the 60's during the day and down in the 40's at night. More like our Winter weather.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #2198
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

AND... the countdown begins/continues! (I love it, Maxine!)

Shelly, I can't wait for you to get your cord so I can see that angel. Thank you!

Maggie, you're much too young to be thinking about where you'll go when you're old. YEARS in the future!

Barb, you make me

Kristie, I hope you and your mom are enjoying the happiest place on earth!

Waving at Kelly, Kel, Lynn.... and others I've missed.
LOL! thanks Jeanette - it's later than you think although some days I think I'm going to live forever! Some days not so much.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:34 PM   #2199
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Love that Monday cheerleader- the life of a Bears fan- hubby really, I do not really care. My daughter in China (Katie) is a huge Football fan - she is a Buckeye, so is so happy to hear Ohio State will be in the final 4- playing Alabama though......

I woke up feeling HORRIBLE today. Hot poker in the back of my neck, and throbbing head! I felt better as the day progressed and even stayed over and did one more chart.....

Kristie- Have a BLAST at Disney with your Mom! How awesome! I hope you will post some of your Me and Mom pics on FB!

Maggie- awesome for your GD! Congrats to her. I saw something on FB while I was at work, but did not see the video. I'll have to get back on tonight and see what I missed.

Barb- sorry I missed the cocktail party- sounds like a blast!

Maxine- I know that before long the drivers license will be taken away and just pray no one gets hurt in the meantime...... DO you think your hubby will ever be able to drive again?

Lynn- hahahaha I guess that would be OK if you end up in a place where there are other spunky card making elderly as well! e used to joke at the sewing conventions- you had to have 25 unfinished projects to enter the stitchers retirement home....... (I do have 25 Unfinished projects too.....! We call them UFO's)......

Jeanette- you always make me smile. I found a cool angel ornament- thought of you : ) Once I get the computer cord back in the mail, I will post it.

Darlene- fun to see you poppin in and glad you are getting some 'me' time!

Kelly- waving hello- hope you are enjoying all of the holiday craziness while it lasts! (While the kids are still young).

Hugs to all
Shelly
Sorry about your hot poker neck. I hope you feel better today. I got a call yesterday about my neck MRI. they said it didn't show anything serious except 2 bulges, but not anything to do anything about except more PT. They've scheduled for for 3 days a week for a month! Ugh! I set up my first appt for Monday at 8 a.m. I hope I don't have to miss too much work, but want to get it all done before the end of the year. Well, I'll actually get 3 weeks maybe. I'll decide at the end of the year if I still need to go because then I'll have to start paying for it again.

I did post a video, but when I looked at it after it posted, I couldn't hear anything so I deleted it and then my niece told me that she saw it and could hear it, so I guess I need to repost it and I have 2 other ones that I did that I want to post also. It's okay if I can't hear it on FB because I have the originals on my computer and they sound great. One thing I do have to say about my DGD is that she's not very loud. I think she needs to learn to project more and I hope that her voice teacher and choir teachers are telling her that.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #2200
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie - I live in New Zealand and am a Kiwi - . We joke here that one of the worst things you can call a Kiwi is an Aussie DH really will not need any form of ID as we are generally out together, and ID is not a big thing here in a small town.

Shelly I hear your apprehension about your Mothers driving - I know how I felt not long before DH decoded to stop . The eye specialists have told him he can't drive, and I cannot see his sight recovering to any great degree .

Shhh - don't say, but I am counting down until we are back on our own.....

Good to see you all here and that things are going well for most. I am so tired, thanks to DGS waking at 5:30 a.m. the past few minutes.
OOops! Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone.