In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2014, 11:14 AM   #2121
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,920
Default

Hi Barb!

Shelly, I received your card in today's mail - so pretty! THANK YOU!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #2122
Proud Fan Club Member
 
mcschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 5,108
Default Hi

Glad the cards are arriving, and so sorry they are late. I sorted out my cabinet and had a massive amount of Thanksgiving cards..... I should have done it a month ago, as I also have a huge surplus of Halloween cards. I am so bad about mailing out my cards.

A couple of years ago, I sorted out cards and gave a huge box to the USO here at Ohare airport.

Hope you are all having a great weekend. I am heading to Ky tomorrow, so may be quiet for the week.

Shelly
__________________
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
Visit My Instagram HERE DT for  Jan's Digital Stamps
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:46 AM   #2123
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

Hope you have a safe trip Shelly. I have to tell you....I really did have tears in my eyes after seeing that special ornament you posted on your blog! It's just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:35 AM   #2124
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

Everything went really well for the Vigil and Funeral service for my BIL. It was so nice to have immediate and extended family there. After all the funeral activities were over we did a photo shoot and got some great photos of all the families. It was kind of sad to see only 3 of my BIL's siblings still living and 2 of them are quite elderly. My DD had to fly out yesterday evening, but my brother, his wife, and my cousin are still here, and I'll be heading over there later today.

I'm glad to hear that everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving dinners.

Shelly, your ornament is very lovely. I'm going to have to look into that. It would be great to make some for my DD's as gifts with various family members in them. Something that could be passed on to their children.

Here's a photo of my sis, brother, and me and one of me with my girls and families.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 025.jpg (37.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 021.jpg (45.0 KB, 4 views)
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Forest Ranger and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #2125
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Good Afternoon--Happy Sunday. It has been an interesting few days here. We had a few changes in our plans as my roomie's sister--the one who lived with us for 8 months last year before getting a senior apartment in March a few miles from us--was hospitalized Wednesday night with some heart issues. We did go to my brother's house on Thanksgiving, and came home early. We did not go to Illinois on Friday, so I did a bit of online Black Friday shopping. They finally stabilized Donna's heart rate yesterday, but have found a few other issues while doing tests. She is still in the hospital and will be transferred to another hospital for a procedure that is hopefully scheduled for tomorrow or Tuesday.

We went to a wonderful concert last night--Cantus, performing All is Calm-- the Christmas Truce of 1914. It as a cappella group of 9 guys and three readers--it was outstanding! We bought 2 CD's of their music. Today is the start of the Christmas Transformation at the house--the main tree- a 9 foot one-is up and lit--with many boxes of ornaments waiting to be hung. I just packed up the Thanksgiving decorations and will begin shortly. But--the Packer game is also on this afternoon, and that is a priority!

I hope everyone had a Blessed Thanksgiving and a Great Weekend and maybe, got some great deals too!

Last edited by barbaralynn; 11-30-2014 at 12:41 PM..
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:08 PM   #2126
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Afternoon--Happy Sunday. It has been an interesting few days here. We had a few changes in our plans as my roomie's sister--the one who lived with us for 8 months last year before getting a senior apartment in March a few miles from us--was hospitalized Wednesday night with some heart issues. We did go to my brother's house on Thanksgiving, and came home early. We did not go to Illinois on Friday, so I did a bit of online Black Friday shopping. They finally stabilized Donna's heart rate yesterday, but have found a few other issues while doing tests. She is still in the hospital and will be transferred to another hospital for a procedure that is hopefully scheduled for tomorrow or Tuesday.

We went to a wonderful concert last night--Cantus, performing All is Calm-- the Christmas Truce of 1914. It as a cappella group of 9 guys and three readers--it was outstanding! We bought 2 CD's of their music. Today is the start of the Christmas Transformation at the house--the main tree- a 9 foot one-is up and lit--with many boxes of ornaments waiting to be hung. I just packed up the Thanksgiving decorations and will begin shortly. But--the Packer game is also on this afternoon, and that is a priority!

I hope everyone had a Blessed Thanksgiving and a Great Weekend and maybe, got some great deals too!
Sorry about your roomie's sister. I hope that she gets well soon and can go back home.

Sounds like a wonderful choir. I do love to hear good Acapella singing.

I didn't get any of my Christmas stuff out yet, but I have this week to work on it little by little. All my DT cards are done for the next week.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:14 PM   #2127
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

I went over to my sis's this afternoon about 2. I took some little cranberry pork sausages, cooked in a Cranberry, Pomegranate Jalepeno sauce. Everyone brought more food and all the kids and families came over. It was really nice to all be together for one last time before my brother and sil leave tomorrow to go back to NJ and on Tuesday my cousin goes back to FL. The food was good but of course we had to all go to Marble Slab before everyone went to their homes for the night. This is the 2nd time this weekend. Friday night 10 of us ended up there after the Vigil. It's all my brother's fault. He does love his ice cream and sweets! Tonight we had 17. While we were at my sis's we took some impromtu photos. I need to check them out and will probably put some on FB.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:24 AM   #2128
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,910
Default

Hello everyone!
Maggie,
so very sorry to learn of your loss. Will be adding your family to my prayer list.

Barb: will be adding Donna to my prayer list as well. Praying for a successful surgery.

What a wild T-Day in NH. All sorts of power outages due to the storm on Weds. night. Holy cow! Sure made for an interesting holiday that will be remembered for quite some time. My house didn't loose it for too long due to the storm. But in the days following we kept having power shut off so that repairs could be made elsewhere. Glad it's all done now!

Someone catch me up please - are we sending cards to each other again? Sounds fun!
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:21 AM   #2129
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default



It is quite cold here this morning--single digits and wind chills of zero! It is a good day for me to stay inside and continue to decorate. I do have a trip to the grocery store and a few other stops this afternoon. But, the sun is shining so it looks nice out!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:21 AM   #2130
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Maggie--what is Marble Slab? Like a Cold Stone by us?
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:43 AM   #2131
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default

Happy ........... !!

Can you believe it - already December! Our baby girl turns 16 on Wednesday! Our oldest turns 20 5 days after that, and the our middle daughter turns 18 on the 20th! And then Christmas is the following week! Can we say cah-razy!!!

At least our son cut me some slack and chose his own month- LOL!

Maggie, beautiful family pictures! I saw those on FB, too and you are all smiling and looking so wonderful - put that in a frame, my friend.

Barb - praying for Donna and hoping the surgery goes without a worry!

We didn't head out for Tgiving shopping but I did stop by a few stores - it wasn't bad at all, guess we missed the rush or something or no one wanted to go to Pet Stores, LOL! We bought the boys their 'winter' sweaters for up north - they are use to Miami weather, hee hee! My daughter was standing near the counter when the manager saw her, walked over to her and handed her a bag. It was a shopping bag filled to the brim with goodies and treats for dogs and cats - the last one, he said! We took it straight to the Fur-ever Friends shelter and dropped it off to them (cans of cat food, treats, dog things) We know how desperately they need it.

Now I"m off to make about 5000 cards! I'm so behind!

Hugs for all! ♥
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #2132
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Glad the cards are arriving, and so sorry they are late. I sorted out my cabinet and had a massive amount of Thanksgiving cards..... I should have done it a month ago, as I also have a huge surplus of Halloween cards. I am so bad about mailing out my cards.

A couple of years ago, I sorted out cards and gave a huge box to the USO here at Ohare airport.

Hope you are all having a great weekend. I am heading to Ky tomorrow, so may be quiet for the week.

Shelly
I received my card from you also Shelly. That was so sweet of you.

Have a safe trip.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #2133
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello everyone!
Maggie,
so very sorry to learn of your loss. Will be adding your family to my prayer list.

Barb: will be adding Donna to my prayer list as well. Praying for a successful surgery.

What a wild T-Day in NH. All sorts of power outages due to the storm on Weds. night. Holy cow! Sure made for an interesting holiday that will be remembered for quite some time. My house didn't loose it for too long due to the storm. But in the days following we kept having power shut off so that repairs could be made elsewhere. Glad it's all done now!

Someone catch me up please - are we sending cards to each other again? Sounds fun!
Thank you Darlene.

Sorry about the power blitzes.

Hmmm. . . was there talk of a swap? I guess I missed that or have had a brain freeze and don't remember.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #2134
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post


It is quite cold here this morning--single digits and wind chills of zero! It is a good day for me to stay inside and continue to decorate. I do have a trip to the grocery store and a few other stops this afternoon. But, the sun is shining so it looks nice out!
That's cold Barb. Glad that you can stay in where it's warm. It's supposed to go from the 70's down to the 30's here tonight. Hate those big changes.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:59 AM   #2135
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Maggie--what is Marble Slab? Like a Cold Stone by us?
Yes, big ice cream store and they have all kinds of toppings that they'll put in it for you and have waffle cones dipped in chocolate and some with sprinkles. Yummy! Last night we went again and I had dark chocolate with strawberries, almonds, and fudge mixed in.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #2136
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Happy ........... !!

Can you believe it - already December! Our baby girl turns 16 on Wednesday! Our oldest turns 20 5 days after that, and the our middle daughter turns 18 on the 20th! And then Christmas is the following week! Can we say cah-razy!!!

At least our son cut me some slack and chose his own month- LOL!

Maggie, beautiful family pictures! I saw those on FB, too and you are all smiling and looking so wonderful - put that in a frame, my friend.

Barb - praying for Donna and hoping the surgery goes without a worry!

We didn't head out for Tgiving shopping but I did stop by a few stores - it wasn't bad at all, guess we missed the rush or something or no one wanted to go to Pet Stores, LOL! We bought the boys their 'winter' sweaters for up north - they are use to Miami weather, hee hee! My daughter was standing near the counter when the manager saw her, walked over to her and handed her a bag. It was a shopping bag filled to the brim with goodies and treats for dogs and cats - the last one, he said! We took it straight to the Fur-ever Friends shelter and dropped it off to them (cans of cat food, treats, dog things) We know how desperately they need it.

Now I"m off to make about 5000 cards! I'm so behind!

Hugs for all! ♥
Thank you Kelly. Even with the funeral, it was a great weekend with all the family. My BIL left quite a legacy of kindness and generosity that was overshadowing the sadness of his departure. And it was so wonderful to have my brother, sil, and my dd and her family all here.

We also got some other great news. The parents of my sis's great granddaughter ELOPED! Well, they went to Hawaii for Thanksgiving with her SO's family and while they were there, they got MARRIED yesterday down on the beach! So happy for them. Their little girl is Trista and she is such a delightful little girl.

That was so nice of the pet store owner to pass along that bag of goodies and so nice of you guys to take it to a shelter that can really use it.

Today is my DGD's birthday. The one that lives here and is in her first semester of college. She turned 19. I pulled a boo boo. On her post this morning, I called her my "niece" OOOOPS! But when it was pointed out, I managed to get back to it on my Kindle Fire and edit it so I corrected that and then just posted that "I had no idea what they were talking about"
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #2137
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default

HAHAHA Maggie! "Deny, deny, DENY" - LOL!! Sounds like a fun month for birthdays! Woot woot!

I had to LOL at the bag of goodies. Apparently people wanted THE BAG. Didn't care what was in it. We didn't even know there WERE bags! He just looked at her, and suddenly freebies. People took the samples and things out and he had a box full - at least 4-5 bags full all shoved into one bag - someone else's trash was our treasure, and we knew just where it was going. Those poor babies. I want to take them ALL home :*(

I, too, got some cards - thank you, Shel-belle!! I enjoyed your Thanksgiving card making our home festive! And Kel-belle, too- little Zen is just adorable!!

Hugs!
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #2138
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Yes, that is exactly what Cold Stone Creamery is by us. Love it!


Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Yes, big ice cream store and they have all kinds of toppings that they'll put in it for you and have waffle cones dipped in chocolate and some with sprinkles. Yummy! Last night we went again and I had dark chocolate with strawberries, almonds, and fudge mixed in.
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #2139
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Now that sounds like one store I would LOVE to visit!! ( Cold Stone Creamery) Albeit briefly, 'cos I have to watch my weight or I balloon up in no time - I am sure I put on weight just by looking at yummy food!

I seemed to have missed the alerts of new posts so I have just done a big catch up - great to know you enjoyed Thanksgiving, even though you plans changed, Barb - praying Donna's surgery has happened.

Kelly sounds as though you had a great day - and actually slowed down a bit. Whew - all those December birthdays - not good planning at all.... lets hope they don't all get married in the same month What a blessing to be able to share the goodie bag with the shelter!

Maggie I am so glad to hear it was a celebration of your BIL's life, rather than all sad and gloomy, although I know you were all grieving. Had to smile about your boo boo - thought I was the one to do that! Great save though.

Darlene that was mighty inconvenient of the weather to 'rain on your party' on Thanksgiving Glad you managed a good day though.

We had a light frost here this morning, so I spent last evening going around the garden pegging newspaper over the tomato and bean plants, etc. This is our second day of summer - you would never know it

Kel I trust you are over your cold and that nobody else has caught it.

We have decided not to decorate for Christmas with the little people around - lack of space and lack of time - I may put out a tiny nativity I have, but that would be about all.

Waving to you all - Shelly, Jeanette and anyone else I may have missed
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:50 PM   #2140
Watercolor Wizard
 
KAcopan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: surrounded by boys in Kaneohe, HI
Posts: 8,245
Default

hugs everyone! sorry i've been quiet - got over the cold and then wet straight to cleaning, rearranging and purging. yikes!! we're having work done on the walkway aroung the side of the house - cement truck is coming friday. getting AC installed thurs & fri, and roofer is coming to start reroofing the whole house 'at the end of the week'... geeeeeez what bad planning and timing we did!!!!

so i'm over my head with things on my to do list... all with a newborn in one hand!! lol!! like riight now as i make many typos typing with one hand and holding this wriggling baby in the other!!

miss xhatting with you, will do a proper check-in soon, probably next week!! haha!!
KAcopan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:39 AM   #2141
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Good Morning--I am working on Christmas decorations again today. I hope to finish the main tree today and maybe a couple of the smaller ones. We are to have temps in the 30's all week, but close to 40 on Friday, so I hope to do the outdoor lights that day. We have a cocktail party Saturday night, so it needs to be done by then!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:59 AM   #2142
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default

Good Morning!

Wow, Kel - that's a lot of 'house' work! I hope the remodeling goes smoothly - we did that a few years ago, so I feel your pain - and with a newborn! Girl, you are amazing!

Maxine, I'm sure your nativity will be beautiful! Ours is a hand me down from Tony's paternal grandma and is a treasure! We are doing minimal decorating this year, as much as it makes my heart sad, no tree. Dh nixed the tree so there was no deciding! He flat out said it was a waste of time and money for 2.5 weeks and we'll have one in the cabin since that's where Cmas will be - I'm SO excited! Besides, it's birthday week(s) starting tomorrow and pure madness - as they say, 'Aint nobody got time for that!'

I've been watching carefully on Facebook for an update -- wanted to share for prayer.
My good friend from high school posted that her grandson was hit by a van on Thanksgiving and he's in bad shape. He was in a medically induced coma with horrible injuries -- broken collar bone, left leg, ribs, concussion, collapsed lung, and I can't remember what else. His fever is down now but they suspect some brain injury due to his slurring and eye movement and a few other things -- it's terrible. I hate to post bad news but I know she is of strong faith and believes in the power of prayer -- if you could all join in for Joey. He's just a little boy, I think he's 8, and fighting a long battle ahead.
Thanks, friends ♥
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #2143
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,920
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!





I wasn't online yesterday - we had an icy day - and apparently it took out our internet.

Oh, Kelly, my heart breaks for the family with the seriously injured son! Praying!!!

Shelly, your ornament IS gorgeous!

Maxine, I think your nativity sounds fabulous! That truly is what Christmas is about! (I'm excited! I have the Nativity my DH brought from Israel on display for the first time this year!)

Kel and Shelly - I got your cards! THANK YOU! Such beauties! And Kel, your little guy is adorable!

Maggie, loved seeing the pictures of your family! I love the marble slab ice cream places. YUM!

Barb, it's beginning to look like Christmas at your house!

Darlene, yikes! That was some storm!

Hi Lynn!

Hi Kristie!

Did I miss anyone???
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:44 AM   #2144
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,910
Default

Hello everyone! Winter weather has returned again, freezing rain etc this morning.

Kelly, will definitely pray for little Joey & his family. So terrible.

Shelly, I received your sweet card and just love that SU truck set! Thank you!

24 hrs from now I will be all out of time for my Board meeting, so off I go to get to work early. So much left to do.

Wishing everyone a great day today.
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 04:34 AM   #2145
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,920
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




Darlene, it's so good to see you! Sorry you're getting hit by winter weather again. Seems early inn the year to me. I hope all goes well with the board meeting! (((HUGS)))
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:41 AM   #2146
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default



Seems Jeanette and I both love Tweety!!!!!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #2147
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

I was up early by 1/2 hour this morning. I needed to be out early to take Corey and Maggie Mae to the vet for their teeth. MM is having hers cleaned, but Corey is supposed to have 1 or 2 extracted! Yikes! That's going to cost me big time. We had the whole fun and games of getting them into the crate. I put it in the bathroom last night and then closed the hallway door so they couldn't get out. I did catch MM in the crate at one point, but then she jumped out of it and wouldn't get close to it. When I got up this morning and went into the bathroom, MM and Casper followed me. I closed the door and then when I left, I let Casper out and closed MM in there. Dealt with Corey first who ran around the room under the bed, around and over the bed a couple times before he ran over and "hid" behind the little box. I was able to grab him from back there with my oven mitts on and get him put in the crate. Then when I opened the bathroom door, MM was able to scoot out of there and get under the bed. I finally got her trapped under one of my nightstands and was able to drag her out and into the crate she went. They are both small, so I just put them both in the same one. I even got to work just about the same time as usual. I'll go back and pick them up after work. I'm sure they'll probably both be a little out of it for awhile.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #2148
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Now that sounds like one store I would LOVE to visit!! ( Cold Stone Creamery) Albeit briefly, 'cos I have to watch my weight or I balloon up in no time - I am sure I put on weight just by looking at yummy food!

I seemed to have missed the alerts of new posts so I have just done a big catch up - great to know you enjoyed Thanksgiving, even though you plans changed, Barb - praying Donna's surgery has happened.

Kelly sounds as though you had a great day - and actually slowed down a bit. Whew - all those December birthdays - not good planning at all.... lets hope they don't all get married in the same month What a blessing to be able to share the goodie bag with the shelter!

Maggie I am so glad to hear it was a celebration of your BIL's life, rather than all sad and gloomy, although I know you were all grieving. Had to smile about your boo boo - thought I was the one to do that! Great save though.

Darlene that was mighty inconvenient of the weather to 'rain on your party' on Thanksgiving Glad you managed a good day though.

We had a light frost here this morning, so I spent last evening going around the garden pegging newspaper over the tomato and bean plants, etc. This is our second day of summer - you would never know it

Kel I trust you are over your cold and that nobody else has caught it.

We have decided not to decorate for Christmas with the little people around - lack of space and lack of time - I may put out a tiny nativity I have, but that would be about all.

Waving to you all - Shelly, Jeanette and anyone else I may have missed
I really need to watch it too Maxine, but I have so little willpower. I think I gained 3 pounds over the last week and a half. Now to get busy again and workout to get it off.

Frost at this time of the year down there. Hope it didn't affect any of your plants.

I have little furry people around and don't put up too much. I do have a small tree and I guess I had it up last year or maybe not since I wasn't home. I do think I'll put it up and see how the boys deal with it.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #2149
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
hugs everyone! sorry i've been quiet - got over the cold and then wet straight to cleaning, rearranging and purging. yikes!! we're having work done on the walkway aroung the side of the house - cement truck is coming friday. getting AC installed thurs & fri, and roofer is coming to start reroofing the whole house 'at the end of the week'... geeeeeez what bad planning and timing we did!!!!

so i'm over my head with things on my to do list... all with a newborn in one hand!! lol!! like riight now as i make many typos typing with one hand and holding this wriggling baby in the other!!

miss xhatting with you, will do a proper check-in soon, probably next week!! haha!!
Glad that you are doing better. Sounds like a lot of work going on at your house. I hope it all gets done to your liking and before the holidays.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #2150
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning!

Wow, Kel - that's a lot of 'house' work! I hope the remodeling goes smoothly - we did that a few years ago, so I feel your pain - and with a newborn! Girl, you are amazing!

Maxine, I'm sure your nativity will be beautiful! Ours is a hand me down from Tony's paternal grandma and is a treasure! We are doing minimal decorating this year, as much as it makes my heart sad, no tree. Dh nixed the tree so there was no deciding! He flat out said it was a waste of time and money for 2.5 weeks and we'll have one in the cabin since that's where Cmas will be - I'm SO excited! Besides, it's birthday week(s) starting tomorrow and pure madness - as they say, 'Aint nobody got time for that!'

I've been watching carefully on Facebook for an update -- wanted to share for prayer.
My good friend from high school posted that her grandson was hit by a van on Thanksgiving and he's in bad shape. He was in a medically induced coma with horrible injuries -- broken collar bone, left leg, ribs, concussion, collapsed lung, and I can't remember what else. His fever is down now but they suspect some brain injury due to his slurring and eye movement and a few other things -- it's terrible. I hate to post bad news but I know she is of strong faith and believes in the power of prayer -- if you could all join in for Joey. He's just a little boy, I think he's 8, and fighting a long battle ahead.
Thanks, friends ♥
Kelly, so sorry about little Joey. I'll be keeping him in my prayers and hope that he has a full recovery. I've heard stories of miracles.

Hope you all are having a fun time with all the birthday celebrations. My poor DGD didn't get much of one this year since it was just on Monday and we were still in funeral mode over the weekend although we did go to Marble Slab the evening before her birthday. At least she got her card and gift from me on Sunday. I do $$ for their birthdays and then gifts for Christmas.


__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #2151
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello everyone! Winter weather has returned again, freezing rain etc this morning.

Kelly, will definitely pray for little Joey & his family. So terrible.

Shelly, I received your sweet card and just love that SU truck set! Thank you!

24 hrs from now I will be all out of time for my Board meeting, so off I go to get to work early. So much left to do.

Wishing everyone a great day today.
Yikes on the freezing rain. Be careful when you go out. Good luck with your board meeting.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #2152
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,920
Default

Hi, Barb... yes, I think you're right! But my Tweety is having more fun than yours.

Hi Maggie... I giggled when I read about MM and Corey!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #2153
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

I know y'all thought I'd disappeared! Nope, I'm still around but just have been busy. I don't even know how to catch up on all the chatter so am not going to try! Just glad everyone is all ok and all that. Will do better about checking in now.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:48 AM   #2154
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,920
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!



Have a great Thursday!


Whew! So relieved! I thought Lynn had disappeared... or someone had kidnapped her. Was keeping my eye out for a ransom note.

Lynn, I 'm glad you're doing okay... I understand that word "busy" very well.
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:00 AM   #2155
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default

Good morning, dears!

Darlene is a star! And she's GORGEOUS! LOVED that magazine shoot, my friend - good luck on the meeting

OH Maggie, your cat stories have me in stitches -- it must be comedy hour (almost!) trying to crate them. I have scars from my cats doing that - no kidding. Those cat claws are not something you want to go up against - ever!

Lynn, glad you are okay -- yes, we worry when the boss isnt' here - LOL!

Waving to all - unexpected company this am who should be knocking on my door any second ............

HUGS!!!
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:05 AM   #2156
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default



Good Morning--The inside Christmas decorations are pretty much done. I am headed to the grocery store and a couple of other places for shopping for our cocktail party on Saturday. It is to be warmer tomorrow, so I hope to get the outside lights done--if not, Saturday morning.

I hope you have a great day!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:12 AM   #2157
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,746
Default

Lynn, glad that you are back from wherever you went off to.

Barb - lucky you with all your decorating just about done. I've not even started, but I did get my project done that I needed so that's one thing down.

Kelly, hope your company is for fun.

Hugs to the rest of the Stamp Addicts!


I had an appt this morning with my orthopedist (actually saw the doctor this time) for my neck and shoulder (again). We've finally decided to do MRI's for both issues, so I have one scheduled for my neck after work tonight and the one for my shoulder tomorrow night. Nice that the place has late hours and it's over by my house, so not a problem. I'll get a call next week from the doctor on the results and see what if anything they can do for the problems.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #2158
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,910
Default

Evening Addicted Friends!
Maggie, I sure hope that you get some answers for the shoulder & neck, it's been troubling you for quite some time now.

I am taking tomorrow off - yippee! One of my first treats will be to visit each of your blogs with my early morning coffee. I miss doing that. Glad to see my life getting a little more settled.

Kel, sure hope that you get to feeling better soon. A baby and remodeling would be more than enough. Add to it not feeling well, and it sounds really rough.

Waving - waving!
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #2159
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

Maggie, hope they don't find anything serious with the MRI. Will be thinking about you.

Jeanette, I'm afraid that if someone asked for ransom money for me they just wouldn't get a whole lot! LOL!

Everything is just fine. Just trying to get all the Christmas stuff sorted, cards made that I should have been doing all year, and the general running around. At least the weather isn't freezing so that's always a big plus in my book.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #2160
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Hi all - from a wet but warm summer .... hanging out for some stable fine weather that lasts more than a couple of days .

Shelly your card arrived today - it is gorgeous, and the statement on the front is so true!! - thank you so much!

Maggie I do trust that the MRI reveals the source of your discomfort, and that a treatment is readily available and will resolve the issues. I loved your description of getting your cats caged!

Our old boy is so laid back it is almost a pleasure to catch and cage him. He has had his final bloods and although we need to track his thyroid function regularly, he is right back to normal!!

DD and family have a house - they have decided to move into a rental - partially as they won't be able to get a mortgage for up to 12 months after DD starts working... They will move either just before or just after Christmas. We will welcome the peace as the past month has been character building.... , but will also welcome their visits. As I said to DH this morning, now I know why we don't/can't start our family late in life, and not only because we would forget where we put them down.!!

I have yet to write our Christmas newsletter, but I do have the cards made!!

Waving and sending {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you all
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off