Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-24-2014, 08:08 AM   #2081
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Maggie--sending prayers to your family.

Kelly--I am glad things worked out for your daughter--and hoping things really get better now! You are one busy mom!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #2082
Quacker Stamper

Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. They are truly appreciated.

Kelly, glad to hear that they are finally listening to you and will deal positively with your DD's issue.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 11-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #2083
Watercolor Wizard

maggie - so sorry for your loss. sending tons of love and hugs to you and your family.

kelly - hope you get some rest! and good to hear that things will be getting better for DD. it's always so painful as a parent to see our babies struggle.

shelly - i replied to your PM but just in case, i got the list too. thanks so much for resending!

we're being hit with a cold front here in hawaii. we've hit the high 60's low 70's!!! LOL!!! i know it's nothing compared to what you are all going through but for us it's chilly! i'm just grateful it's taken away the muggy, super humid 80's we've had for the last week.

hope everyone's having a nice week!
Old 11-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #2084
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, so sorry to hear about your nieces dad. Sending hugs.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #2085
Pearl-ExPert

Kel, that's wild about the weather there! Hope y'all can stay warm enough!!! That really is a change for you I'm sure.

Kelly, you're always so busy we're just going to have to re-name you "whirlwind"! LOL! Isn't it wonderful and fun being a mom though!
Old 11-24-2014, 11:22 PM   #2086
Mad Swapper

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} and prayers Maggie

Kelly you would never feel cold the way you seem to be rushing everywhere!!

We ended up on Dial up last night - (the joys of extra family here). We got it sorted this morning, but I must say I was very pleased to have SIL here to sort the provider issues out for me - he is real computer geek.

Hugs and waves to you all - can't stay long tonight - maybe tomorrow. I am also missing blog visiting - again, hopefully tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:28 AM   #2087
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

LOL yes, girls - it's wonderful to be mommy!

Running around like this guy!

Two more days until Thanksgiving - wow, it came up fast! We have an extra friend at the table this year, my daughter's best friend from college who lives here and is all alone It makes me sad for anyone to be alone so I'm super glad she's going to be joining us!

Have a great day! ♥
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 11-25-2014, 04:31 AM   #2088
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
maggie - so sorry for your loss. sending tons of love and hugs to you and your family.

kelly - hope you get some rest! and good to hear that things will be getting better for DD. it's always so painful as a parent to see our babies struggle.

shelly - i replied to your PM but just in case, i got the list too. thanks so much for resending!

we're being hit with a cold front here in hawaii. we've hit the high 60's low 70's!!! LOL!!! i know it's nothing compared to what you are all going through but for us it's chilly! i'm just grateful it's taken away the muggy, super humid 80's we've had for the last week.

hope everyone's having a nice week!
Thank you Kel.

Make sure to bundle up that baby if you go outside. Lucky for us we're on a warming trend so the weather will be fabulous by Thursday and for the weekend.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:34 AM   #2089
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Maggie, so sorry to hear about your nieces dad. Sending hugs.
Thank you Lynn.

Went over to my sis's house after work. They have all kinds of food over there so all the kids and grands were there for dinner. Even my DD drove in from Katy (1/2 hour) with my DGS to join in. My sis said come back tomorrow for more. My DD had made 3 different meals for them the other day and then they got some leftover food from something up at the school today. There was no end to it. They are all doing well and my sis is holding up very well. The oldest niece that I'm pretty close to is cried on my shoulder for a bit. I just had asked her how she was doing. It just lasted for a minute or two and then she pulled herself together. They are all very strong and a good close family.

Some good news is that my DD from CA will be coming with her family and her plan is to leave CA Wednesday night so they will be here for Thanksgiving!!! I"m so happy! She has wanted to come home for Thanksgiving for a long time, but it just never worked out so now since they will be coming for Friday and Saturday anyway, they'll just come a day early. It is too bad that we won't be doing all the fun Thanksgiving stuff we normally would be doing, but at least she will be here with all the rest of the family.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:36 AM   #2090
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
{{{{{Hugs}}}}} and prayers Maggie

Kelly you would never feel cold the way you seem to be rushing everywhere!!

We ended up on Dial up last night - (the joys of extra family here). We got it sorted this morning, but I must say I was very pleased to have SIL here to sort the provider issues out for me - he is real computer geek.

Hugs and waves to you all - can't stay long tonight - maybe tomorrow. I am also missing blog visiting - again, hopefully tomorrow.
Thank you Maxine.

Weird about your internet service.

I was hoping to get to blogs last night, but didn't, but should have some time to do that today. I needed to get to bed early last night. Was so tired from lack of sleep the night before.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:52 AM   #2091
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning All--seems to be a busy week for everyone!

I am headed out for a haircut this morning and then stamp class after that. This is the last class of the year and we also do not have hostess club in December, so it will be my last time at Sarah's until 2015. I did place a SU online order yesterday and got some good deals with the sale going on now........................ like I need more stamps and ribbon!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!
Old 11-25-2014, 06:50 AM   #2092
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, I'm glad your family is able to be together during this time - hugging, crying, even laughing over happy memories. You all need each other right now.

Maxine, I'm glad you got the internet situation resolved!

Kel, I'm so glad I'm not on my dream vacation to Hawaii right now - I want to come when it's warm enough to enjoy it.

Kelly, I love your turkey!

Barb, it sounds like you had a busy day yesterday! Did you also start putting up Christmas decorations?

Lynn, how are you doing? I hope things are going well!

Waving at Shelly, Kristie, and anyone else I might have missed.

Things are coming along here. DH leaves for Israel on Sunday.... so lots of odds and ends to tend to for him. Been working on laundry and putting up Christmas decorations, etc. I will decorate the foyer and living room today. The rest of the house is finished. It looks like there are going to be 14 trees. Shhhh!!! I know I said "6" but I couldn't restrain quite that much. I do love Christmas.

I also went Christmas shopping yesterday - from the comfort of my computer. Our DS sent me his wish list (I always ask for one) and so I got all of his Christmas gifts ordered. All I'll have to get for him now is some stocking stuffers. Unfortunately, our DD is the challenge - she doesn't need, nor want, anything. Oh my! Brock wants Oreos, dill pickles, Pringles, Rainbow Chip cookies... and on and on........ all consumables. LOL!

Okay, I've got to get busy. I need to get the laundry finished and some trees put up!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 11-26-2014 at 05:12 AM..
Old 11-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #2093
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, I'm so glad your daughter and family will be here for Thanksgiving! Wish it was under different circumstances but at least they'll be here. Know you miss not having them closer to you.

Jeanette, that's a slew of Christmas trees! Know they're so pretty though.

All is going good around here......nothing exciting to offer but I'm still alive so guess all is still good! LOL! I've been trying to get all my eggs in a basket as far as DT commitments go for next month. Doing pretty good on those so far. Luckily a couple of them will be skipping some of the challenges due to the holidays. Still can't decide if I want to do a little Christmas tree for the house or a small one. No matter, I'll still have to drag everything out to get to the ornaments, etc. Which means, it all has to be put back up again afterwards! Too many decisions! LOL! (This is what happens when you get older and the kids go their separate ways for the holidays!)
Old 11-25-2014, 08:12 PM   #2094
Mad Swapper

.........And when the kids come back bringing their kids you hesitate again 1, 'cos there is nowhere to put it, and 2, because of little fingers and the fact that I decorate it mainly with lace and old, as is over 60 yrs old, ornaments............
Old 11-26-2014, 05:16 AM   #2095

Lynn, I'm glad to hear you're doing okay. Sounds like you're busy with all the DT stuff, etc. I vote for a tree - any tree! I always want to cry when I hear our shut-ns talk about not having a Christmas tree. It would break my heart not to have at least one.

Maxine, I hear you about the space. Our child didn't move back home - but some of her furniture/stuff did.... so our teeny tiny house is bulging! But I'm happy to help her with this so she could go to Alaska!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-26-2014, 05:46 AM   #2096
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--it is going to be a busy couple of days and I am not sure if I will be able to stop in tomorrow, so here is my wish now for a Blessed Thanksgiving!

Old 11-26-2014, 06:05 AM   #2097

Hi Barb... Have a marvelous Thanksgiving!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-26-2014, 06:52 AM   #2098
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning!

Off to the school #2 in a bit to bring some pies for 'pie tasting' - hmmm, maybe they won't miss a small bite missing out the pumpkin one? Hee hee!

I won't be able to stop in again so I am sending Thanksgiving blessings today!
I'm cooking up a massive 26 pound turkey and all the trimmings. My daughters LOVE to get in the kitchen and help and they do well with learning 'tools of the trade'. If I could go bird-less, I would But then I'd probably be tossed out in the yard if I did not offer up a turkey to this meat loving crew. So much to do!!!!!!!!

Have a beautiful Thanksgiving holiday, all the US friends and Maxine - just enjoy LIFE sweet lady! ♥

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:38 AM   #2099
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Maggie, I'm glad your family is able to be together during this time - hugging, crying, even laughing over happy memories. You all need each other right now.

Maxine, I'm glad you got the internet situation resolved!

Kel, I'm so glad I'm not on my dream vacation to Hawaii right now - I want to come when it's warm enough to enjoy it.

Kelly, I love your turkey!

Barb, it sounds like you had a busy day yesterday! Did you also start putting up Christmas decorations?

Lynn, how are you doing? I hope things are going well!

Waving at Shelly, Kristie, and anyone else I might have missed.

Things are coming along here. DH leaves for Israel on Sunday.... so lots of odds and ends to tend to for him. Been working on laundry and putting up Christmas decorations, etc. I will decorate the foyer and living room today. The rest of the house is finished. It looks like there are going to be 14 trees. Shhhh!!! I know I said "6" but I couldn't restrain quite that much. I do love Christmas.

I also went Christmas shopping yesterday - from the comfort of my computer. Our DS sent me his wish list (I always ask for one) and so I got all of his Christmas gifts ordered. All I'll have to get for him now is some stocking stuffers. Unfortunately, our DD is the challenge - she doesn't need, nor want, anything. Oh my! Brock wants Oreos, dill pickles, Pringles, Rainbow Chip cookies... and on and on........ all consumables. LOL!

Okay, I've got to get busy. I need to get the laundry finished and some trees put up!
I'll be happy if I get one tree set up! I'm sure your house looks fabulous with all the trees and decorations. Do you have your new furnace yet?

All my family have Amazon Wish Lists. I seldom go to the stores to shop. I hate having to search and search for a place to park. With Amazon you can add anything you want to your list even if it's not on the Amazon site.

LOL! Brock has the right idea !!
Old 11-26-2014, 07:41 AM   #2100
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Maggie, I'm so glad your daughter and family will be here for Thanksgiving! Wish it was under different circumstances but at least they'll be here. Know you miss not having them closer to you.

Jeanette, that's a slew of Christmas trees! Know they're so pretty though.

All is going good around here......nothing exciting to offer but I'm still alive so guess all is still good! LOL! I've been trying to get all my eggs in a basket as far as DT commitments go for next month. Doing pretty good on those so far. Luckily a couple of them will be skipping some of the challenges due to the holidays. Still can't decide if I want to do a little Christmas tree for the house or a small one. No matter, I'll still have to drag everything out to get to the ornaments, etc. Which means, it all has to be put back up again afterwards! Too many decisions! LOL! (This is what happens when you get older and the kids go their separate ways for the holidays!)
Thanks Lynn, yes, I'm glad they'll both be here.

One of myDT's takes a long vacation over the holiday. Hope I can get some Christmas cards made for me to send out. I used to do some every month, but with the DT's I haven't had the time to do that. I do have some made that I've made for DT's so that's a start anyway.

I'm hoping to go through all my plastic crafts of Christmas stuff and decide what is staying and what will be going. My DD's will get first choice.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:42 AM   #2101
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
.........And when the kids come back bringing their kids you hesitate again 1, 'cos there is nowhere to put it, and 2, because of little fingers and the fact that I decorate it mainly with lace and old, as is over 60 yrs old, ornaments............
That will be a challenge. I hesitate because of 2 frisky kitties that love to run and play and will just love all those dangling things from the tree and would probably try to climb up it.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:44 AM   #2102
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning!

Off to the school #2 in a bit to bring some pies for 'pie tasting' - hmmm, maybe they won't miss a small bite missing out the pumpkin one? Hee hee!

I won't be able to stop in again so I am sending Thanksgiving blessings today!
I'm cooking up a massive 26 pound turkey and all the trimmings. My daughters LOVE to get in the kitchen and help and they do well with learning 'tools of the trade'. If I could go bird-less, I would But then I'd probably be tossed out in the yard if I did not offer up a turkey to this meat loving crew. So much to do!!!!!!!!

Have a beautiful Thanksgiving holiday, all the US friends and Maxine - just enjoy LIFE sweet lady! ♥

That's a big bird! We bought a 22 lb. butterball.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:10 AM   #2103
Mad Swapper

Happy Thanksgiving to you all looks as though we will be a wee bit quieter here until Friday .
Enjoy all your family gatherings, and safe travels to those who are on the move.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:36 PM   #2104
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Busy week- I am off for a week now, so will catch up on blogs and all.....

Maggie, so sorry about your BIL- so sad for the family.

Kelly- it's so nice of you to invite your daughters friend to join in the Thanksgiving celebration : ) Bet you are loving a couple of days off from the running around and enjoy a day at home with the family! I love Turkey- even though you don't, fun times with the girls in the kitchen together.

Maxine- oh my son used to touch everything! How frustrating for you- and hope your heirloom & lace ornaments remain safe!

Lynn- I am with you- now so sure I want to drag out all of the decorations when just Stephi will be here- it is fun getting it all up- I do not love putting it all back away : ) we do not have plans for Christmas yet- parents have had so much company, they are not really up for tons of us there at once.

Safe travels Barb : )

Jeanette- I would love to see some pictures of your trees. Hoping you gets lots done with making cards and all esp with hubby gone. Love the idea of Amazon wish lists.

Kel- hope it warms up there, and so sorry for the tourists that are there looking for some sunshine. Hope you are felling better too.

Off to work on a card- and get my salad ready for tomorrow.

Waving hello to Kristi and Darlene too

Have a Fab Thanksgiving to all!
Shelly
Old 11-27-2014, 05:15 AM   #2105

Kelly, I know your DD's friend is going to have a GREAT experience at your house for Thanksgiving! You and your family are such a blessing to others!

Lynn, Amazon IS great, isn't it - those wish lists solve a lot of headaches! But I also love the crowds, too - even the Black Friday shopping frenzy! So, yep... I'll be there.

Maxine, I guess it will be quiet here - but we'll be back.

Shelly, I have tried to take pictures before - but the trees just don't photograph well. They need to be seen instead - so come on over! Oh, I have soooooo much to do while DH is gone... which is going to cut into my cardmaking time, I fear. I have a 1 1/2 hour mission study I'm presenting (Ivory Coast) the day after he returns, so I have to get those teaching preparations finished. And I need to get the Christmas gift made for each of our church families... we usually give those out on the Sunday before Christmas, but this year I won't be at church that day. Our DD is flying home that day so I'll make the airport run. Therefore, we'll give our gift to our church members a week early - which is the Sunday after my DH gets home from Israel. And I will also give my Bible Study ladies a Christmas gift that day, too - which might be handmade.

Busy! Busy! BUSY!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-27-2014, 08:19 AM   #2106
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you all have a fabulous day with your friends and family. I've been cooking last night and this morning. I love to cook and I'm making a couple new dishes this year. Hope they come out good.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:45 AM   #2107
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maggie--sounds like a busy morning for you. I hope the new dishes are tasty!

Jeanette--and I thought you might have some free time while your hubby is gone.........
Old 11-27-2014, 08:45 AM   #2108
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Everyone!
Wishing you a Blessed Thanksgiving!

Old 11-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #2109
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Maggie--sounds like a busy morning for you. I hope the new dishes are tasty!

Jeanette--and I thought you might have some free time while your hubby is gone.........
They were so yummy! There were 30 of us and everyone brought food.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:53 AM   #2110

Barb, I love your Thanksgiving graphic! And yes, I was hoping I'd have some free time, too.

Maggie, it sounds like a delicious and fun gathering!

Waving to everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-28-2014, 05:59 AM   #2111
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Ours was super nice and a fun day, though there was SO MUCH to cook, then clean, then put away! Wow! I dont' think I will eat again the rest of the weekend!

I'm not heading out into the madness of Black Friday shopping today but did order a few things for my son on Amazon -- that's how I like it, delivered, LOL! I do love to go out to the malls and stores but not today -- too crowded, pushing and shoving, no parking - no thanks!

Waving hi and sending hugs!!

Old 11-28-2014, 06:08 AM   #2112

Woof! Woof!

Cute graphic, Kelly!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-28-2014, 06:59 AM   #2113
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

I'm with you Kelly, I like to do my shopping from the comfort and warmth of my own home.

I do need to make a grocery store run for my regular things I need for the week.

Later, may be going out for dinner with the girls and families. DD from CA offered to go pick up my brother and his wife at the airport so we'll see how it all plays out.

No plans today to go to sis's house even though I left my towel wraps there last night. I also left my slab apple pie there. I hope that they eat it at some point.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:30 AM   #2114
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving and are having a great Friday, black or not........................ No shopping for me in the stores today as we are heading to Chicago for our second celebration. We are coming home tonight as we have had a bit of change of plans............
Old 11-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #2115
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies,
I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. We went to my Mom's and my sister, BIL & nephew joined us. We enjoyed our day and all the food. My Mom and I went out last night and between in person shopping and online shopping, I'm just about done My list is relatively short and was pretty easy this year thankfully! We also went out for a bit this morning before she had to go to work.

Sorry for being so quiet the past week. I've not been feeling well. Female issues...ugh. My cycle is all screwed up. I think it was all the stress with my Mom's health problems. Mike is out right now and offered to bring up decorations when he gets home. He must feel really badly that I've been feeling so out of sorts because he's not a fan of decorating. But I'll take it, I think it's sweet

Maggie - I am so very sorry for the loss of your BIL. I'm glad your DD from CA was able to come home for the services and spend the holiday with you.

Kelly - I'm glad the reveal with the Christmas trip went over well with the kids. I am sure you will all have tons of fun!

Jeanette - Only 14 trees?? LOL! I hope you are able to get everything done while DH is gone, sounds like you will be super busy!

Time for me to take a nap before Mike gets home. I promised I would rest since I went to bed quite late and was out the door by 6 this morning!
Old 11-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #2116
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Happy Thanksgiving to all. No shopping for us either Kelly. We were going to look at cars today, but...whatever......

We had a fab day and awesome food at Ray's brother and SIL house..... Ray's sis brought old pictures for a nephew that does family history. I loved hearing the stories of old.

We were able to Facetime , quickly, with Katie in China. It was awesome. SHe was at work and grading papers. Stephi has 3 weeks until she leaves to visit her, and Katie thinks my accent is terrible- I am trying to teach Stephi to count in Chinese......

Kristie- feel better : )

Brab- safe travels.

Maggie- hope you get more family time with everyone before they head back.

Geepers Jeanette- you are going to be quite busy while hubby is gone...wow!

Waving hi to all- heading out to blog hop/visit!

Shelly
Old 11-28-2014, 05:50 PM   #2117
Pearl-ExPert

Quick check in..........we did our Thanksgiving today instead of yesterday - and I'm tired now and glad everyone is gone! LOL! Long day! Yesterday Jim and I just had a bowl of soup for lunch and a Tbone for supper last night. Not bad at all.......Today was all the cooking, etc. and we had fun but it's nice it's over with.

No Black Friday for me at all. I could have gone to a couple of stores yesterday but just didn't want to fight all the traffic and crowds at all. Just not my thing and never has been. There's about a million sales on scrap booking/crafting things today but I just passed over all those too. Not in the mood to shop at all. Pretty scary! LOL!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:34 AM   #2118

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Oh my goodness... yesterday was sooooo busy! DH needs a lot of help to get ready to go on these trips. I tell you, the man can't even manage to pack his own suitcase. Sheesh! (It feels so good to be needed, though! )

I told my DH I was going to sleep until noon today, because I was sooooo exhausted when I crawled in bed at 1:00 A.M. last night. I've been up since 5:15.

Today, I will not only be helping him finish up, I also have to type my notes to teach tomorrow, and I have to make soup for 25+ people. EEK!

Maggie, you and your family have been on my mind - and in my prayers.

Barb, I hope you're enjoying the holiday weekend. I know you're busy!

Kristie, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. UGH! It is very sweet of your DH to help with the decorations. My DH doesn't get into the decorations - but he does carry boxes (lots of boxes!) in and out of storage for me!

Shelly, I'm so glad you got to facetime with Katie!

Lynn, I hope you've rested up a bit since you posted!

Waving at Kelly, Kel, and anyone else I've missed.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #2119
SCS RAK Coordinator

Shelly--thanks for the cute Thanksgiving Card--so pretty.....................
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:51 AM   #2120
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope it is a great one for you.........................