Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-10-2014, 01:26 PM   #1961
Quacker Stamper

Sorry I was MIA all weekend. It was a busy one.

Started out Saturday morning rounding up all the kitties for their last ear appointment at the vet. Corey has learned all my tricks was it took me forever to trap him so I could get him in the crate. It was so funny with Casper. I had the hallway blocked off and the crate on the commode in the large bathroom. I chased him out from under the bed and he ran into the hallway and then back under the bed since the door was closed and I chased him again and he ran into the bathroom, so I quick went in there to grab him and get him in the crate and I couldn't find him. It's not that big of a room, but I didn't seem him anywhere then glanced down and saw him inside the crate all curled up. LOL! What a good boy. Too bad Corey can't do that.

After getting them home, went to the grocery store for a few things. I had an appointment over here at the Galleria at 2 at Aveda to learn about volumizing my hair. It's fine and thinned out. I had gone there last week to get some new products and they told me about this stylist that comes there every other Saturday. He was really nice and we had a great chat about hair. I'm thinking that I may go to him when I get back from CA to see about a new style.

After I got home from there, my GF came over. She's doing a project for her church that she needs by next Sunday. I have a Cricut cart of the New Testament figures and she wanted to cut some of those, so we did that which took until about 5:30. After we got done with those, we went and got some dinner. We didn't stay there too long. I had 4 cards I needed to get done before I leave for CA. Luckily, I got 2 completely done and one just about finished and 1 in the coloring stage. I'll have them finished hopefully tonight because tomorrow night I have to pack. I'll miss our book club discussion tomorrow night also, but there is just not enough time to do it all.

Sunday was church and worked on cards before it was time to go to DD's house for dinner. We had a good visit and great food. I had just a little bit of time when I got home to work on a card and then to bed.

My DD in CA posted on FB that my DGD won 1st prize in a singing competition. She sang a duet with another girl and they got 1st! So happy for her. She's doing so well. Can't wait to see her in her play this week.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #1962
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, I'm so sorry I missed your birthday too!!! Hope it was a good one anyway.......and Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!!!

Maggie, that sounds yucky about your back. Hope it's better by the time you go to California. Congrats to your granddaughter too! That's great on a 1st place!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #1963
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Dropping in after a long day- worked 9AM-7:45PM today. Hubby made dinner tonight, and I felt bad- he waited for me to get home before he ate. We are so busy, so I stayed a few extra hours to help out......

Kelly- sounds like quite the weekend. Glad you can see the good in it and not focus on the not so great event that occurred! Oh no abut your shiner...and your timing was perfect for avoiding the rain.

Barb- you had to be smiling after the Packers annihilated the Bears. Oh my, even the hang in there fans are disgusted! I dream of being retired and stamping like you get to : )

Maggie- busy weekend! I have the original Cricut- never use it...I am going to try to sell it and the 5 carts I have. I use the Cameo and have the Make the Cut software- love it! Sorry about your back and shoulder. I cut out stencils on the Cameo with page dividers and my friend that does catering does the same- she uses the stencils to decorate cookies- she does catering : ) Congrats to your sis' daughter- awesome for her!

Lynn- Oh boo on the kids not coming home- do they all come at Christmas? I think I remember you had quite the crowd- and revolving door at your house last year : ) So, do you make a Turkey for 4 of you??? That is alot of leftovers for soup and casseroles....!

Jeanette- how many Christmas trees this year? And, when do you start putting them up? Do you have an angel tree? I think of you when I see angels on pintrest- and saw on your blog that you were going to make another book angel- so awesome!

Kristie- I get allergy shots too. They started checking epi-pens....alot of people were bringing in expired ones to get their shots. One of the patients is one of our Orthopedic surgeons (big guy) and his was expired 2012- hehehehe. One of the nurses in my office was going to run up today- before me- so I told her to take mine- hers is also expired...... She told the allergy nurse- she raised her eyebrows but was chucking about us.

Maxine- fab for you having the family around- love the idea of a 2 yr old in the house- they are so innocent- but they have so much energy too.... Glad you got your class together in your 'down time'.

Waving hi to anyone I missed.

Hugs to all
Shelly
Old 11-11-2014, 05:49 AM   #1964
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--it is snowing today here and I am heading home this afternoon. Parts of northern Wisconsin got lots of snow yesterday and some of the AD's who are here at the conference had their schools closed. A few have a 2 hour delay this morning, but it is supposed to stop snowing today.

I will check in later tonight or tomorrow. Have a Great One!
Old 11-11-2014, 06:01 AM   #1965
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning - sending blessings and hugs on this day of Freedom and Honor!

DT:  The Project Bin
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:29 AM   #1966
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Okay, enough talk about snow... I simply am not ready to hear it.

Maggie, you had me giggling over the Casper story! How funny! And congrats to your DGD on 1st place!!!

Hi Lynn... how are you doing?

Barb, travel home safely!

Kelly, I love the graphic!

Shelly, this year Christmas decorations are a challenge for us. My DH is leaving November 30th (for Israel) and won't return home until December 10th. Sooooooooo the decorating has to be done before he leaves, and I'll be gone the rest of this week, which leaves us a little less than two weeks. Add to that the fact that our furnace has died - and is so old there is no way to buy parts for it, or so the repairman tells us. So tomorrow night I suspect the church will vote to put a new furnace in our house (the parsonage). Hmmmmmmm... I don't suppose they can do that while we have Christmas boxes EVERYWHERE, can they? Plus, we have become quite scrunched with the addition of DD's things - some furniture pieces she couldn't bare to part with - so we have little room for trees. Oh, and one more glitch............ I'll be going on 3 trips in January, so there's little time to take down Christmas, too.

I say all of that to say this........ we will be lucky if we have 6 trees and a village this year..... plus some nativity sets, of course. And furnace situation will determine when I start, but I'm hoping next Tuesday or Wednesday.

FYI... I am leaving early tomorrow - going to a huge Women's Forum in Nashville Tennessee - and won't be home until late Saturday night. I am rarely on SCS on Sundays.... so I'll be back here on Monday morning! Have a GREAT week!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 11-11-2014, 06:50 AM   #1967
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Jeanette we are chasing each other through the threads

Are you flying to TN or driving?? That's too bad about the furnace and interfering with holiday plans but the good thing is it won't be a cost to you all ... I can imagine it won't be cheap!

Maggie, congrats to your DGD! What a wonderful accomplishment!

Off to tutoring in a bit. Dd15 is still managing to fail math, despite tutoring for over 2 months and meeting with administration. I'm at my wits ends with this.

Have a great day, all!
Old 11-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #1968

Kelly, I'm hitchhiking to TN.

I will actually drive to a church near the interstate and hitchhike from there.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #1969
Gabfest Goddess

Hello!!!

Happy Veteran's Day to all. I am actually taking the day off- for real. (well, I've only checked work email twice...)

I have such a huge list of chores for around here that I'll be happy if I get even 1/5th of it done today LOL

Off to the stamp area to get caught up on some card kits that are overdue Wishing all of you a great day today!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 11-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #1970
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Kelly, I'm hitchhiking to TN.

I will actually drive to a church near the interstate and hitchhike from there.
Jeanette: so sorry to hear about your furnace. YUK! Remember that mine went out last March, not fun at all. It certainly sounds like you have a challenging Christmas schedule this year. Hopefully Brock can handle the changes in routine.

Have a safe trip, but I surely hope that you are joking about the hitchhiking - and you mean that you have a ride lined up at the church!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 11-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #1971

Darlene, I'm glad you're SORT OF taking the day off... checking email twice???

Brock will handle the changes better than I will probably. LOL! You know Christmas is my thing.

What??? You don't think I should hitchhike???

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #1972
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning--it is snowing today here and I am heading home this afternoon. Parts of northern Wisconsin got lots of snow yesterday and some of the AD's who are here at the conference had their schools closed. A few have a 2 hour delay this morning, but it is supposed to stop snowing today.

I will check in later tonight or tomorrow. Have a Great One!
Safe travels Barb!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #1973
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Okay, enough talk about snow... I simply am not ready to hear it.

Maggie, you had me giggling over the Casper story! How funny! And congrats to your DGD on 1st place!!!

Hi Lynn... how are you doing?

Barb, travel home safely!

Kelly, I love the graphic!

Shelly, this year Christmas decorations are a challenge for us. My DH is leaving November 30th (for Israel) and won't return home until December 10th. Sooooooooo the decorating has to be done before he leaves, and I'll be gone the rest of this week, which leaves us a little less than two weeks. Add to that the fact that our furnace has died - and is so old there is no way to buy parts for it, or so the repairman tells us. So tomorrow night I suspect the church will vote to put a new furnace in our house (the parsonage). Hmmmmmmm... I don't suppose they can do that while we have Christmas boxes EVERYWHERE, can they? Plus, we have become quite scrunched with the addition of DD's things - some furniture pieces she couldn't bare to part with - so we have little room for trees. Oh, and one more glitch............ I'll be going on 3 trips in January, so there's little time to take down Christmas, too.

I say all of that to say this........ we will be lucky if we have 6 trees and a village this year..... plus some nativity sets, of course. And furnace situation will determine when I start, but I'm hoping next Tuesday or Wednesday.

FYI... I am leaving early tomorrow - going to a huge Women's Forum in Nashville Tennessee - and won't be home until late Saturday night. I am rarely on SCS on Sundays.... so I'll be back here on Monday morning! Have a GREAT week!
I'm with you about the snow Jeanette. I sure hope we don't see any this year, but already it's going to be getting cold. Maybe into the 30's later this week and they said the cold weather should stick around for 2 weeks, so I'll miss some of it this week, but I guess I'll get some next week when I get home. I think it's really better this way than cold one day and hot the next. That really brings on the sickness, but if it gets cold and stays cold for awhile, maybe that will kill some of those germs.

Thanks, glad that I could bring a smile to your face. They really are all so precious to me - the 2 legged and 4 legged ones.

You really have some busy traveling time coming up.

I'm also leaving early tomorrow and getting home on Sunday, but I'm planning to take my laptop with me. If DD is feeling better (and it looks like she is) she'll be doing some working during the day, so I'll have time to work on some things also. I have a Kit & Clowder class that I haven't started on yet, so I'm thinking I'll take some of my markers and a few stamped images and practice with the class video.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:56 AM   #1974

Maggie, I think that storm that hit Alaska this weekend is coming south and causing all of us problems.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-11-2014, 08:56 AM   #1975
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Oh Jeanette we are chasing each other through the threads

Are you flying to TN or driving?? That's too bad about the furnace and interfering with holiday plans but the good thing is it won't be a cost to you all ... I can imagine it won't be cheap!

Maggie, congrats to your DGD! What a wonderful accomplishment!

Off to tutoring in a bit. Dd15 is still managing to fail math, despite tutoring for over 2 months and meeting with administration. I'm at my wits ends with this.

Have a great day, all!
Thanks Kelly. I'm very pleased for her.

Oh, sorry about DD15 and his math issues. What is he taking now? Algebra? I believe my DGS is also 15 and I know I asked him what he was taking and I think he said Algebra, but don't quote me on that. There are so many reasons that it could be a problem for him. I hope that you can figure it all out for him.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:57 AM   #1976
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello!!!

Happy Veteran's Day to all. I am actually taking the day off- for real. (well, I've only checked work email twice...)

I have such a huge list of chores for around here that I'll be happy if I get even 1/5th of it done today LOL

Off to the stamp area to get caught up on some card kits that are overdue Wishing all of you a great day today!
Hi Darlene! Glad to see you checking in. Good luck with your chores, but have fun in the stamp area.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #1977
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Jeanette: so sorry to hear about your furnace. YUK! Remember that mine went out last March, not fun at all. It certainly sounds like you have a challenging Christmas schedule this year. Hopefully Brock can handle the changes in routine.

Have a safe trip, but I surely hope that you are joking about the hitchhiking - and you mean that you have a ride lined up at the church!
Sorry, I meant to comment also on the furnace! I hope you get a new one installed soon. Do you have other means of heating the house? I have 4 space heaters and I usually use them around the house when it first starts to get cold and I don't want to turn the heater on yet. I'll probably have to have the heater when I get home from CA next week because it's supposed to be really cold. I'm going to have the heater set at 70 while I'm gone just to keep the chill off for the kitties.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #1978
Proud Fan Club Member

Dropping in to ask for prayers- my little nephew Brian (he is the one that had the Wilms tumor) has a ruptured appendix last night......

He has been loaded up with antibiotics and will be heading to surgery today.....

I would like to ask for prayers please!

Shelly
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #1979
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, I think that storm that hit Alaska this weekend is coming south and causing all of us problems.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip!
Yes, it is, and I had heard on the news just about 2 weeks ago that we weren't going to have any of those Arctic Blasts this year and here it comes!
Old 11-11-2014, 09:01 AM   #1980
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Dropping in to ask for prayers- my little nephew Brian (he is the one that had the Wilms tumor) has a ruptured appendix last night......

He has been loaded up with antibiotics and will be heading to surgery today.....

Shelly
Oh, Shelly, so sorry to hear this. Yes, will be sending up prayers for him.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #1981

Shelly, I am praying for your Brian. Oh my! Please keep us posted.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #1982
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew! Wishing him a quick recovery from all that. Know all of this has been hard not only for him but also the parents - and the entire family!

Seems that everyone is traveling somewhere - except me. That's fine though since it's just too cold to go anywhere! LOL! Hope everyone has a wonderful trip!!!!! Jeanette hope you get that new furnace! Know they're expensive but feel that the church will pop for that really quick. Much too cold up your way not to have one. Kelly, don't know what to say about your daughter and math. She must just have some type of mental block against it all. I know I came about a half inch from failing Algebra (until my cousin stole the final exam and HAD to share with me!!!! LOL!). Geometry was a snap though! Just never could figure out if x and y equals d, what is p! Whatever!
Old 11-12-2014, 07:44 AM   #1983
SCS RAK Coordinator

I am home and getting caught up on SCS and emails too. And doing wash! I will be heading to the stamp room in a bit to work on a swap and some DT cards.

The convention was great. My good friend was selected as the state AD of the year--she is one of the ladies who shares the condo with us at the conference. That was great to see her get the award and even though the weather was to be a bit dicey, her parents made it for the luncheon! Also, I was asked to come back to the Exec. Board as the retired AD liaison, so that will be fun to be a part of the board again. I was on the board for I think 12 years as a rep, then officer and then another liaison from 1998 or so on and I have missed being a part of it.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #1984
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Thanks Kelly. I'm very pleased for her.

Oh, sorry about DD15 and his math issues. What is he taking now? Algebra? I believe my DGS is also 15 and I know I asked him what he was taking and I think he said Algebra, but don't quote me on that. There are so many reasons that it could be a problem for him. I hope that you can figure it all out for him.
Hey Maggie! It's actually a her, lol! She has no idea! At first it was a lack of understanding - the teacher is REALLY bad, and just moves on whether kids understand or not. She's been fired, and is back. She quit, and is back. I don't know who she knows We have gone around and around with our daughter. We think at one point she just gave up. Literally her first "D" after all A's and a few B's her entire school career, woke her up but we cannot get it back up. She's studying til she's dizzy. We have tutors and she found one that was a good match. She's working hard. I'm praying!
Old 11-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #1985
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post

Shelly
Praying praying praying, Shel!!!!

May the Heavenly Father's healing hands and mercy cover this beautiful boy with a recovery that's swift and successful.

mcschmidty, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #1986
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well goodness what a fun morning!

dd19 has been having migraines again, debilitating in fact. She wasnt' able to go to school a few days and has been in such pain. She gets them from me

We met a new neurosurgeon today and he did an eval - starting her on a new medication (new to her, not to the market) so we hope this will do the trick. The good news is he does not feel she needs an MRI - yay!

Came home briefly as my son has math/science club today (he generously offered to teach my daughter her Algebra 2, LOL!) so I was able to launch a card. Anyone else having trouble with blogger??? I'm still getting that orange box with an error message?
It works. I can put a post up. But that big orange box is still there with an error message everytime I log on
Old 11-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #1987
Mad Swapper

Hi - I dared not post yesterday - I was too frazzled!! Today is another day and I am in a totally different frame of mind - thankfully!
Praying for Brian, Shelly, for total healing and a recovery that amazes the medical professionals.

Oh Kelly - those migraines are terrible - your DD has my sympathies. As I have got older mine have reduced to about two a year, and with the new meds I am pretty well right after a couple of hours lying down - fragile but functional. Your son teaching your daughter may do the trick, as the young ones have a great way of seeing things clearly.

Glad to hear you had a great weekend Barb, and that your friend was honoured.

Keep warm Jeanette - and blowing kisses to you before you leave us again - safe travels!
Maggie your story about Casper hiding in the cage was priceless! - Hope your back settles soon.

Shelly that was one long day at work - way to go to have your DH prepare a meal.

Lynn - it's cool here too for late spring - we even had hail yesterday but the garden is looking GOOD - the first of the broccoli is nearly ready to pick.
mschoener and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:53 AM   #1988
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope you have a Terrific Thursday!

Old 11-13-2014, 05:54 AM   #1989
SCS RAK Coordinator

I have some cards to post on mu blog today--I am crossing my fingers it goes well!
Old 11-13-2014, 09:29 AM   #1990
Insane Embellisher

Hello...hello...!!

So sorry to go a bit MIA...rough week in general and today I feel like I'm coming down from all the anxiousness I've been through over the last few months. We did get incredibly good news yesterday though! My mom's surgeon did get all the cancer out!! However while most of it was the non-invasive type there was one area of concern and she will need to meet with a medical oncologist and a radiation oncologist next week to decide if she needs further treatment still in the form of tomaxifen or radiation or if they will leave things be and treat if it comes back.

Barb - Congrats to you and your friend on your board positions! Glad you didn't get stranded with the snow.

Jeanette - I hope you are enjoying TN and didn't really have to hitchhike LOL! Sorry about the furnace. I LOVE that you are an enthusiastic decorator like me Although I don't put up 6 trees lol...my max is 3 so far, hoping for 4 this year but with our trip, I'm not sure how much time I will have. I usually take the week of Thanksgiving off to decorate but couldn't this year.

Darlene - Hi! good to see you pop in!

Shelly - Belated prayers for your nephew. I hope the surgery went well. Very cool that you cut stencils on the Cameo! I have only used mine to cut titles/page accents so far.

Maxine - Hope the little ones aren't driving you too crazy

Maggie - I hope you enjoy your trip to CA. I had to giggle about Casper already being in the crate. Which Kit & Clowder class are you taking? I saw that she has an animal one but it looks to be way over my head at the moment. I signed up for one at Online Card Classes that I hope to do in January. It looked to be more my speed at the moment since I don't color like I used to.

Kelly - Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe how rude those mothers were to you and their kids to your son. I'm sorry they had to put a damper on the weekend but it sounds like you otherwise enjoyed yourself (except for the shiner!) You could make up a good story about that

Hello to Lynn, Kel and anyone I missed!

My blog is still very quiet...hoping to get in the craft room this weekend. I think my mind is finally where it needs to be to get something accomplished.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #1991
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hey Maggie! It's actually a her, lol! She has no idea! At first it was a lack of understanding - the teacher is REALLY bad, and just moves on whether kids understand or not. She's been fired, and is back. She quit, and is back. I don't know who she knows We have gone around and around with our daughter. We think at one point she just gave up. Literally her first "D" after all A's and a few B's her entire school career, woke her up but we cannot get it back up. She's studying til she's dizzy. We have tutors and she found one that was a good match. She's working hard. I'm praying!
Of course, she's a her! :mrgreen: A bad teacher can have repercussions for years to come. I hope your DD can get turned around and start doing better. If she's doing the best she can, then what more can you ask of her.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #1992
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Well goodness what a fun morning!

dd19 has been having migraines again, debilitating in fact. She wasnt' able to go to school a few days and has been in such pain. She gets them from me

We met a new neurosurgeon today and he did an eval - starting her on a new medication (new to her, not to the market) so we hope this will do the trick. The good news is he does not feel she needs an MRI - yay!

Came home briefly as my son has math/science club today (he generously offered to teach my daughter her Algebra 2, LOL!) so I was able to launch a card. Anyone else having trouble with blogger??? I'm still getting that orange box with an error message?
It works. I can put a post up. But that big orange box is still there with an error message everytime I log on
Kelly, sorry about DD's migraines. I do hope that this new med for her will be just the right thing.

LOL! Hope that DS can make sense out of the math for DD. You never know. Kids have a way.

No problems with blogger here. Sorry you're getting that message box.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #1993
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hello...hello...!!

So sorry to go a bit MIA...rough week in general and today I feel like I'm coming down from all the anxiousness I've been through over the last few months. We did get incredibly good news yesterday though! My mom's surgeon did get all the cancer out!! However while most of it was the non-invasive type there was one area of concern and she will need to meet with a medical oncologist and a radiation oncologist next week to decide if she needs further treatment still in the form of tomaxifen or radiation or if they will leave things be and treat if it comes back.

Barb - Congrats to you and your friend on your board positions! Glad you didn't get stranded with the snow.

Jeanette - I hope you are enjoying TN and didn't really have to hitchhike LOL! Sorry about the furnace. I LOVE that you are an enthusiastic decorator like me Although I don't put up 6 trees lol...my max is 3 so far, hoping for 4 this year but with our trip, I'm not sure how much time I will have. I usually take the week of Thanksgiving off to decorate but couldn't this year.

Darlene - Hi! good to see you pop in!

Shelly - Belated prayers for your nephew. I hope the surgery went well. Very cool that you cut stencils on the Cameo! I have only used mine to cut titles/page accents so far.

Maxine - Hope the little ones aren't driving you too crazy

Maggie - I hope you enjoy your trip to CA. I had to giggle about Casper already being in the crate. Which Kit & Clowder class are you taking? I saw that she has an animal one but it looks to be way over my head at the moment. I signed up for one at Online Card Classes that I hope to do in January. It looked to be more my speed at the moment since I don't color like I used to.

Kelly - Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe how rude those mothers were to you and their kids to your son. I'm sorry they had to put a damper on the weekend but it sounds like you otherwise enjoyed yourself (except for the shiner!) You could make up a good story about that

Hello to Lynn, Kel and anyone I missed!

My blog is still very quiet...hoping to get in the craft room this weekend. I think my mind is finally where it needs to be to get something accomplished.
Hi Kristie! Fabulous news about your mom! I know that is a big load off of her mind and all of the family. That would be great if she didn't have to have any further treatment. Now you can all just move forward and get ready for the Disney trip.

CA is going well, quiet though, but I did expect that. Gives me time to play too and be away from work. Even though I'm here, DD has to continue with her PT, doctor appointments, and work. We did get to see the play last night. It was an international comedy - The Government Inspector. Originally written by a Russian in 1836. It was performed first in St. Petersburg in the presence of the Tsar. After that performance, he said, "What a play! Gets at everyone and most of all at me." It's a real spoof and no one is sacred. They all have their foibles.

I'm doing the Clothing class at Kit & Clowder and wondering about taking some of her other ones. I may do the animal one at some point, but it's not really my thing right now.

I do have some other classes that I need to go through also. Plus today I signed up for a Cricut online class. Looking forward to that also, but I need to be home with my machine to do that one.

Glad to have you back and I'm sure you'll get cracking on that blog when things are smoothed out more.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:52 PM   #1994
Pearl-ExPert

Kristi, glad things are better with your mom. Know this has been hard on her and all the family.

Maggie, glad you made it to California and are having a good time! The play sounds like it'd be fun. That's neat that you're taking the Kit classes! One of my blogging buddies has been wondering about them and I keep telling her she needs to do it. She already colors so pretty but think she'd like the class.

Barb - that's great about being on the board again! Congrats!!!

Maxine - Spring!!!!!!!!! Yikes! That makes me wish winter was already over with here!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #1995
Insane Embellisher

Sounds like you are having a great time, Maggie! Glad you enjoyed DGD's play

Lynn - you are speaking my language! We are expected to have a coating here in the morning...so dreading the start of "W"!!
Old 11-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #1996
Insane Embellisher

I am so excited! I finally figured out how to make a blogroll on my blog's sidebar. Go me! I've got you all listed now
Old 11-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #1997
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
I am so excited! I finally figured out how to make a blogroll on my blog's sidebar. Go me! I've got you all listed now
You are doing better than me Kristie - I really need to get my act together on that
Old 11-13-2014, 11:04 PM   #1998
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Dropping in before I head to bed. An update on Brian- he is recovering- they got him out of bed today and up in a chair. He is getting hungry- still has a stomach tube and is not eating at all......

We are heading out of town for the weekend- Stephi has Cross Country Nationals in Michigan- Michigan State is hosting the race. Outdoors- it is going to be 30's...so I will be getting out the long underwear...!

I worked 9AM-8:30PM again today- it is nuts there, and another one of our nurses is going to be leaving in 2 weeks. We have 2 out on maternity leave, one had a mastectomy and one out this week sick. They decided to offer a bonus $25 for 4 hours for anyone who can help with extra shifts.

Have a nice safe and warm weekend....! We had snow today- and hear it is even going to snow south of us..... May even get cold in Texas...!

Shelly
Old 11-14-2014, 06:15 AM   #1999
SCS RAK Coordinator

Old 11-14-2014, 06:26 AM   #2000
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

TGIF Indeed - though this weekend is massively busy, it won't be like a weekend at all!

Tonight is the Country "Hoedown" at the elem. school where it's carnival, games, country line dancing, cake contest, etc -- my son is new to the school and all he wants to do is get put in 'jail' buy the sheriff, LOL!

My daughter (17) has a cast party for the Opera (til 3 am!) then has to be up by 5 am to do a 5K Zoo Run - also set/up tear down for her Nat'l Honor Society group. That's just crazy - even with coffee, no way could I function/run on 2 hours of sleep!

We also have on Saturday my son's Odyssey program competition (something w/ robotics!), and then later we scoot across town to prep for the upcoming Science fair set up for Monday. He was put in charge of bottle rocket. And at some point, we have to go up to the next county to pick up his popcorn sales from Boy Scouts.

Sunday we have to get the youth ministry set up 2 hours earlier before services to get the food drive underway and packed up. And that's only what I know about - my daughters LOVE to tell me "oh I have to be here and there and everywhere .... like in 10 minutes!" ugh.

And if anyone tells you make up can hide a shiner, they fibbed!!!!!! You should see the looks I'm getting. Seriously. It's a black eye. I need to wear an eye patch - tee hee!

I'll take your "W" Kristie! I miss it!!!! I really do - I grew up in Europe with cruel, bitter winters and for some reason, it just resonates in my soul - I'm not a hot weather year round Florida girl and really want to book it out of here. Sadly, my dh cannot leave so I just dream

Shel, GREAT news!! Glad Brian is recovering!

Waving hi to Maggie in Cali! And everyone! *Muah!*