Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #1801
Swapper of the Month March 2013

ummmmmmm... Lynn, I was on the other side of the bars the first time, too. Nothing quite like hearing all those doors clang (and lock) behind you.

Slow down, Barb! You might be overdoing a bit... I'm just sayin'!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:20 PM   #1802
Pearl-ExPert

Um.......is right Jeanette! I went back and read it all now! LOL! You're a special kind of lady you know! Yes, I just image hearing yourself be locked in like that was a very scary feeling. That'll teach you in a hurry to mind your p's and q's!!! Don't know how some of those ladies - and men - ever survive! And know some don't.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:44 PM   #1803

Lynn, I can assure you, it's a sound one doesn't forget.

I don't know how some of them survive either. Especially the ones who showed me pictures of their children and with a mist to their eyes told me how much they missed them.

Oh, and the bathroom situation. Oh my goodness. It truly is just a commode in the corner of their jail cell. No privacy. Can you imagine???

We were there long enough that we had to use one of their "bathrooms". Fortunately the female chaplain guarded the door for us so we could have a bit of privacy, a privilege the inmates don't have.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #1804
Pearl-ExPert

Something like that really makes you appreciate what you have doesn't it!
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #1805

So true!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #1806
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn ... LOL!! Love your recap!!

Late night here but how exciting that Kel is joining us! Woohoo!!

*Hugs!*
DT:  The Project Bin
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #1807

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post

I also want you to welcome Kel--KAcopan--to this blog group. I, along with Maggie, Jeanette and Kelly are in another blog group with Kel. That group has become very inactive and I asked Shelly if she minded if Kel joined us here as a Stamp Addict! I am sure Kel will stop in and tell everyone more about herself as soon as she can--she is a new mama with a baby boy less than a month old! Thanks in advance for welcoming her. Maybe she can even join us at the Cheesecake Factory!
Woo Hoo! I missed commenting to this earlier... then Kelly mentioned it, which jogged my memory!

WELCOME, Kel!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you are now one of us, too!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #1808
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi Ladies--late check in for me today. I went for breakfast and coffee with the "boys" in the town where I used to teach and then had a haircut there at 8:00. I then went to church to fold, label, stuff and stamp letters for mailing for our Pay It Forward dinner in November. Came home and cut the grass--it is in the mid 50's today and the lawn was really long as it has been too cold to cut the last week or so. I am hoping this might be the last cut of the season. Off to work on a swap--I need to inky fix!

I also want you to welcome Kel--KAcopan--to this blog group. I, along with Maggie, Jeanette and Kelly are in another blog group with Kel. That group has become very inactive and I asked Shelly if she minded if Kel joined us here as a Stamp Addict! I am sure Kel will stop in and tell everyone more about herself as soon as she can--she is a new mama with a baby boy less than a month old! Thanks in advance for welcoming her. Maybe she can even join us at the Cheesecake Factory!
Yay! Now we just have to figure out how to get Kel here from Hawaii!

Sounds like you had a productive morning.

I was hoping to get some stamping done tonight, but had to leave right after I got home from work to go meet the Single Chicks and have dinner. Came home and had gotten a Halloween card from a GF who is currently OOT at her DD's in Kansas. I hadn't talked to her in awhile so I called her and we have been on the phone for over an hour! Now it's almost time for bed.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 10-23-2014, 07:32 PM   #1809
Mad Swapper

Welcome Kel - so I am the still the odd one out (I do not live in the USA) - thankfully you are all so warm and welcoming that I don't feel too bad .
mschoener likes this post.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #1810
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Hi Ladies--late check in for me today. I went for breakfast and coffee with the "boys" in the town where I used to teach and then had a haircut there at 8:00. I then went to church to fold, label, stuff and stamp letters for mailing for our Pay It Forward dinner in November. Came home and cut the grass--it is in the mid 50's today and the lawn was really long as it has been too cold to cut the last week or so. I am hoping this might be the last cut of the season. Off to work on a swap--I need to inky fix!

hello! thanks for the invitation and i look forward to getting to know you all!

my name is Kelli but I tend to go by ʻkelʻ because then people donʻt spell my name wrong haha I have 3 boys, ages 10yrs, 7yrs & 3 1/2 weeks... i just had DS#3 on 09/30 so I am slowly finding that balance between baby, big kids (including DH), work and home! Iʻm 31 (32 next month!) and live in hawaii with the boys and 3 furballs (2 dogs and 1 cat). I love crafting... mainly cardmaking and scrapbooking but also a bit of sewing, knitting and crocheting plus whatever school projects my kids need me to help with! My blog is slowly getting back to more frequent postings... I had to take a bit of time off due to pregnancy complications and it ended up taking more time to recuperate than i had expected!

Iʻd love to join you at Cheesecake Factory... as long as thereʻs no long wait! everytime weʻve gone weʻve had to wait at least 45minutes for a table!!
Old 10-23-2014, 11:13 PM   #1811
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Welcome Kel- we are happy to have you here! Sounds like you know about 1/2 of the group already, and you know we have a Kelly here already, so Kel is good and I will try not to get too confused : ) Three boys- God bless you! But, how fun at the same time. They grow up too fast.

My twins turned 26 on the 23rd.......... Holy Moly! I did not get older though!

I was too busy to get any stamping today- I did get my commenting on challenges done though. I have images printed out, but am working the next 2 days and have Stephi coming home from college for the weekend- although, she is in to visit her BF who is turning 21 and they are going to the city to see another friend @ Northwestern. I worked on getting a box ready to send to Katie- will do that before work tomorrow.....full of Halloween candy, and lots of other junk! She missed good ole spices from home, so I added lots of that and some pumpkin and spices to go with that.....

OK- off to bed- hope you all have a fab day today!

Shelly
Old 10-24-2014, 06:39 AM   #1812
Pearl-ExPert

Welcome Kel! I think you're really going to enjoy it here.

Maggie, forget the Cheesecake Factory and all of us coming to see you.......we're headed to Hawaii instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPEE!!!!!!! Surely they have the Cheesecake Facotory there - and if not we'll just find somewhere else to eat! I'll even bring my bikini - (um.....not that I'd wear it though!)
mcschmidty and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:01 AM   #1813
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Welcome Kel - so I am the still the odd one out (I do not live in the USA) - thankfully you are all so warm and welcoming that I don't feel too bad .
We love you Maxine and wouldn't trade you for anything!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:04 AM   #1814
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--Happy Friday.

I have a dentist appointment this morning, a quick stop at Goodwill to drop off two bags of clothes and a stop at Kohl's to spend some Kohl's Cash. I then hope to finish a swap and get it postal today--maybe...........

We are heading to Madison this afternoon for the weekend. We are meeting some friends from up north at the hotel and another friend is coming tomorrow to stay with us Saturday night. We are going to the Badger football game tomorrow morning--it is Homecoming, so it should be a fun time in Madison. Then, on Sunday, we are going to the women's volleyball game in the afternoon--they are very good this year and ranked #5 in the nation. They play Nebraska, who is ranked #14 and is coached by the former Badger coach. I guess the game is sold out, so that also should be fun.

We will not get back until Sunday night and then we will be watching the Packer-Saints game that night, so I probably will not be here until Monday. A full weekend of sports!

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-24-2014, 07:04 AM   #1815
SCS RAK Coordinator

Glad to see you found your way here Kel--Jeanette tried to eat the crumb trail I left!
Old 10-24-2014, 07:06 AM   #1816
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAcopanView Post
hello! thanks for the invitation and i look forward to getting to know you all!

my name is Kelli but I tend to go by ʻkelʻ because then people donʻt spell my name wrong haha I have 3 boys, ages 10yrs, 7yrs & 3 1/2 weeks... i just had DS#3 on 09/30 so I am slowly finding that balance between baby, big kids (including DH), work and home! Iʻm 31 (32 next month!) and live in hawaii with the boys and 3 furballs (2 dogs and 1 cat). I love crafting... mainly cardmaking and scrapbooking but also a bit of sewing, knitting and crocheting plus whatever school projects my kids need me to help with! My blog is slowly getting back to more frequent postings... I had to take a bit of time off due to pregnancy complications and it ended up taking more time to recuperate than i had expected!

Iʻd love to join you at Cheesecake Factory... as long as thereʻs no long wait! everytime weʻve gone weʻve had to wait at least 45minutes for a table!!
Hi Kel! So good to see you here! Glad that things are starting to settle down a bit after the birth.

I just texted DD to see if she made reservations. Said she didn't. Asked her if she wanted me to call them. Since there are about 11 of us going, I'd like them to be prepared for us tablewise.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:08 AM   #1817
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Welcome Kel! I think you're really going to enjoy it here.

Maggie, forget the Cheesecake Factory and all of us coming to see you.......we're headed to Hawaii instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPEE!!!!!!! Surely they have the Cheesecake Facotory there - and if not we'll just find somewhere else to eat! I'll even bring my bikini - (um.....not that I'd wear it though!)
wow! How quickly they turn on you.
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:20 AM   #1818
Pearl-ExPert

LOL!!!!! Well, come on Maggie..........if we have a choice of going to Houston or Hawaii.......???????? I've never been to Hawaii but have been to Houston you know! LOL!
Old 10-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #1819
SCS RAK Coordinator

Milwaukee has a Cheesecake Factory--can we add that to the list of sites to visit?!
Old 10-24-2014, 11:18 AM   #1820
Pearl-ExPert

Sure! I've never been there either!! Party time!
Old 10-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #1821
Mad Swapper

By the time we finish a Cheesecake Factory crawl the plane would never lift off - you realise that will include several stops in New Zealand
mcschmidty, mschoener, KAcopan and 1 others like this post.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:47 PM   #1822
Pearl-ExPert

Oh gosh! I've never been there either! What a party well'll have! Love the cheesecake crawl!!!
Old 10-25-2014, 06:39 AM   #1823
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Holy smokes, chatty girls! Looks like a lot of cheesecake visits, LOL!! Super fun! And um, we have several in Miami, too - and since Lynn and Maggie are wearing bikinis, you'll fit right in! Hee hee!

Shel, happy birthday to the twins!!! That's such an incredible moment They must have been so much fun growing up. And my daughter's best friend in HS is at Northwestern - oh how I'd love for my dd17 to go there for her vocal passion! We toured the university when we traveled to Chicago 5 years ago but no way could we afford that, they have their college paid as long as it's a Florida school unless she scholarships like crazy - LOL.

Kel, LOL on the spelling the name wrong - I get all kinds, including your Kelli! Or Kelley. Or Kellye. That one was my favorite.

Off to take dd to her tutoring - she tutors for her NHS hours and then we're off to find an audition dress.

Can you believe all the Christmas that it out already!!!!!!!!!!!!! I passed a pumpkin stand on the way home and all the stores have holiday trees, ornaments, lights and more! WOW!
Old 10-26-2014, 07:03 AM   #1824
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday, Jeanette!!!

Old 10-26-2014, 07:16 AM   #1825
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Birthday Jeanette!!!!!
Old 10-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #1826
Mad Swapper

Heart

This Happy Birthday is winding it's way north east to you Jeanette - I hope it gets to you in time
Old 10-26-2014, 11:05 AM   #1827
Mad Swapper

BTW - thought I had uploaded a card to my gallery last night and it is not showing up at all - no notification of moderation either - it's been so long that everything has changed. Is there a secret nose twitch or something I may have missed, or have I just miffed it?
Old 10-26-2014, 04:13 PM   #1828
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Maxine! I'd try again - it probably fell In that limbo of thinking it saved

I finally got a blog card up. Woohoo! I haven't been able to figure out the laptops new configurations. Everything got moved and switched when the laptop self updated. TG my dd19 is well again and hooked me up! It was so easy as soon as she pointed it out. LOL!
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #1829
Mad Swapper

I have just tried again and still no joy - do they freeze your gallery if you don't load anything for ages?
Old 10-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #1830
SCS RAK Coordinator

For My Special Friend Jeanette!

mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #1831
Mad Swapper

I Am now trying to contact the admin through the onsite form, and it won't submit - says I have not filled out the subject or massage panels - ARghhhhhhhhh
Old 10-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #1832
Mad Swapper

Opps - message panel, not massage
Old 10-26-2014, 08:19 PM   #1833
Mad Swapper

Hmmm - it got through once I ticked a box - now, as it is Sunday over your way, I have to wait until tomorrow until it appears........ hmmmm hopefully I have time - I am off to DD's for pre-moving help late morning. But I do get the smart phone once I am there
Old 10-26-2014, 10:36 PM   #1834
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Happy Birthday Jeanette! Yikes- I am 16 minutes late.......eekkkss! I hope you had a fab day : )

Stephi headed back to Michigan today- she was not home too long- and I had to work most of it.

I have been trying to do more with hubby on the weekend- I always seem to have stamping to get done, so will not use that as an excuse anymore, So, today we went out on a long bike ride. We ran into friends- randomly, so they biked with us for a bit, then we headed back here and sat n the porch for a while and chatted a bit. I finally got around to stamping after dinner- I had my card all planned out, images printed- just needed to color. We always watch the Good Wife on Sundays, so I colored while we were watching TV.

Tomorrow night is my last class for the literacy class(YEAH), and I tutor Tuesday AM. It was very interesting to hear all of the stories from the class- we have 15-20 people tutoring, so a wide variety of people- I meet my client at the library- one of the ladies goes to a clients home.

Maxine- sounds like SCS is giving you fits tonight! If you join the Fan Club, you can upload without moderation, and on Sundays as well...... I am so behind on loading cards to SCS- cannot keep up!

Kelly- glad your daughter is feeling better. So funny how much the kids know about how things work. My hubby always googles problems first, so I do that prior to asking him now....I still cannot figure out 1/2 of it. Someone told me Picasa is easier than PSP, so I did download it and it is so hard for me to figure out......Oh boy!

Off to bed- working tomorrow- then class. Have a great day!

Shelly
Old 10-27-2014, 04:40 AM   #1835
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Milwaukee has a Cheesecake Factory--can we add that to the list of sites to visit?!
I have a few photos on FB, but here's one of everyone that was there. Then there is one of my cheesecake. Unfortunately, I ate half of it before I remembered to take a picture. It's a combo of chocolate fudge cake and cheesecake. It was really yummy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002 (4).jpg (60.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (51.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-27-2014, 05:29 AM   #1836

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I've read all the comments made while I was gone and enjoyed seeing what's been happening. I also appreciate all of the wonderful birthday greetings.

Maxine is giving out massages now, I see.

Kel has found us! YAY!!!

and oh................. Barb, all I can say about your "crumby" comment is........... pfft!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-27-2014, 06:26 AM   #1837
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Monday Morning to You!

We had a great weekend in Madison--the weather was Wonderful! Both the football team and volleyball team won big--and it was Homecoming, so both games were sold out and huge crowds on the streets all weekend! The Packer game was a downer last night as they got pounded by the Saints!

Off to swap out the fall cards, get them packaged up and postal along with hopefully time work on some swaps!
Old 10-27-2014, 07:37 AM   #1838
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

OH Maxine, bless you! I don't think they freeze your gallery I think there is a definite error somewhere - I hope admin gets to the root of the problem as we want to see your gorgeous cards! I loved the one on your blog - between you and Shelly, ya'll have the BEST techniques!!! I'm so in a rut it's not even funny!

Shel, yay on the bike riding! I love bike riding - one of my fave past times But sadly my bike is a mess! It's more of a chore to ride than enjoy - LOL. Sweet to run into old friends and catch up!

Woke up to a GORGEOUS 65* weather - which is now gone, lol. Back up to the 70s. Blah!

Fabulous photo Maggie! Looks like a beautiful group of gals! What a wonderful bday celebration! ♥

Sorry about your Packers, Barb -- looks like you are into football like we are soccer! I don't even know who is playing - unless it's soccer, ROFL!!

Welcome back, Jeanette and hope your birthday 'high' continues for a little longer!

Waving to all!

Off to make a card - good thing I have the 'idea' in my head already ☻
Old 10-27-2014, 08:08 AM   #1839
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
LOL!!!!! Well, come on Maggie..........if we have a choice of going to Houston or Hawaii.......???????? I've never been to Hawaii but have been to Houston you know! LOL!
I've been to Hawaii, but would LOVE to go again. When my youngest DD and I went it was during Spring Break time and the weather was NOT what I would consider Hawaii weather. It was on the chilly side and rained every afternoon. I would not even go in the water, it was way too cold. My dd tried it though but I made her get out when her lips started turning blue!!!! Yikes!
Old 10-27-2014, 08:09 AM   #1840
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
By the time we finish a Cheesecake Factory crawl the plane would never lift off - you realise that will include several stops in New Zealand
I've never been to New Zealand either.