Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #1721
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Maggie, you go 'head and post about those kitties!! I love your fur baby stories! I don't think blogs should be all about cards anyway How many times has Lynn's doxies entertained us, too - LOL!! I think my crazy duo would be an entire book if I ever wrote about their antics, but they are too busy driving me nuts! Those two are worse than a couple of toddlers ~ Spoiled babes

Bah Humbug on the wallet! They never caught mine either. Or that I know of . But they were the worst of the worst criminals that took it way further than I ever knew possible. But I don't think it can ever be fixed so no sense frettin' over it. 100 enchiladas???? Bless her heart!!!!!

Today was fun - we went through the 'practice' for my son's black belt ceremony and presentation tomorrow. He advances forward! Dd17 is a the Homecoming Football game. She ran for HoCo last week - not taking it seriously, just put in her written essay - and they chose her for the court! She almost died!! She called me really upset saying she knew she'd never be chosen out of the massive amount of girls - they only choose 10. Well, she made it! Yesterday was voting and only top 3 move forward to be judged and crowned, she was not in the group, LOL but she will always have the memory of having been on the court and not even meaning to be! I told her well, you do everything with all your heart - you work hard, you fight for what is important, and you give it 110% when you apply yourself so let this be that ONE THING that you did just for the fun of it and let the chips fall where they may!

Or in this case ..... the crown? Hee hee!! What a wonderful memory of Senior year!
Tomorrow is the HoCo dance. We scrambled to find a dress with SLIM PICKINGS, let me tell you - we waited til the very, very last minute to go look. Eeek! She's just been so busy, and when she was free, I wasn't .......... we found one and she looked so cute.

Rambling ....... the cable bill for us will be cut by $130 or so a month. We are getting rid of AT & T (phone, internet) and Directv (cable) and only going with Comcast. The internet speed is LIGHTENING FAST! I am so enjoying this! I just put together a blog post and my pictures went through like lightening - before, it was like turtle slow. Anyway, by bundling them all now, we cut the 2 bills in half by going to just the 1. Woohoo!
You always bring a smile to my face Kelly with your enthusiastic rambling! How did it go with the Black Belt ceremony? Sounds like it is pretty special. Photos??

So cool and sweet that your DD was picked for the HoCo Queen's Court. I'm sure she's going to look beautiful. That's funny that she was upset because she was picked!

Glad that you got a deal on your Internet service and it's working so well for you. I still need to call AT&T to see about disconnecting the land line and rolling everything into one bill.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #1722
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Glad you're liking your new cable system Kelly! And BIG congrats to your daughter. What an honor!!!!

Maggie, the enchiladas sound delish......but can't image getting up that early and then having to make so many! Yikes!!!!

I did make it to Michael's today....and actually Hobby Lobby too. I was looking for a Corner Chomper. Last week I look at Michael's and they didn't have one. Today I drove across town to another one and they didn't either! Hobby Lobby was close by so stopped in there and they had it! YEA! Got a couple other things but nothing really exciting.

Tomorrow is defrost the freezer day..........and I'm SO not looking forward to that. I almost wish it'd go out so we could get a new frost free one! LOL! Plus I'm a little scared to see what's in this thing now!
I had to google that Corner Chomper to find out what that was. I had never heard of it. Looks pretty cool, but I hope you had a coupon for it.

Ugh! That is such a job. I've done it before, but I usually try to use up most of what's in the freezer first.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #1723
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Wow - have we ever chatted up a storm - I feel for you having to do the freezer Lynn - we have just done our wardrobe(s) ready for the invasion - we have one in our room, and we were using one in a spare room - now it's all in one and there is a huge pile to go to goodwill or somewhere similar!! ....

Hmm - I think I will join Maggie and stay away from the slobbery smooches, if you don't mind. Glad to hear you are secure again Maggie

Kelly, great to see you back and super fast - that will help you rush through your day .

Better fly as now I have to load more photos onto the N.Z. auction site (like e-bay, but called Trade Me) as we are selling stuff we don't need - like the cot and highchair we kept for grandies.........
Your house is going to be so organized Maxine after all the purging.

Good luck with your Trade Me site. I'm hoping to add some of my craft stuff to my GF's garage sale next Saturday. Hopefully I can sell some stuff.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:17 PM   #1724
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Ahhhhh, a day off! This time of year it really gears up where I work- everyone has met their deductibles (health insurance), so it is crazy busy at work! I worked an extra day for another nurse this week too, so I am smashed today!

We bought an Ooma box for $180.00 and pay $4.00 a month for our home phone now. We figured the box paid for itself in 6 months, we paid a little extra (forty bucks) to keep our home phone number. So now, we just have to bundle internet and cable for the TV. (which is $95/month). We had mixed feeling about keeping the home line- mostly calls from telemarketers, but my parents call and we talk for ~ hour- too long to talk on the cell with my neck issues. I usually use the speaker phone so I do not get a crick in my neck.

We are having a blustery day- and it is so pretty with the leaves blowing about- all different colors : )

Maxine- what an opportunity to sort and clean...... Baby proofing would be a challenge here- to see out of the eyes of a babe, get down and crawl around at their visual level is what we used to be told..... It is always amazing to me how different people are- some leave all of their Knick Knacks out and the kids do not touch them- not me!!! Sounds like a blessing in a way to have family living with you for a short time-especially to have that bonding time : ) Yikes for the health scares- DVT is nothing to take lightly!

Lynn- sounds like a great shopping day for you! Ohhhh, we also have to defrost the freezer- another chore we do 2 x's a year....due now. We open the door and turn it off- and work on it a little at a time- ours is in the garage, so we have a mess sometimes....but no worries. we pack all of the meat and 'stuff' in coolers and it is all frozen, so usually it stays that way for the few hours it takes to get it done.

Kelly- Congrats to your son on his black belt- and to your daughter for being chosen for the Senior court- what an honor! I hope to see her on FB in her dress- I loved the dances when my daughter went and seeing the girls dressed up and hair done- so beautiful and such fond memories!

Jeanette- what an incredible story about your life- I cannot imagine how hard that must have been and what a tribute to your character to not only come through an ordeal like the death of your young husband, but to have the focus to go back to school and finally meet another fine man and be where you are today! It is hard for so many folks to go through situations and not be mad at God! And to loose focus too. !
Yes- I look forward to hearing stories about your hubby and his Alaskan adventures with your daughter too.

Maggie- your Mexican fiesta sounds delicious! Wow- I cannot imagine getting up in the middle of the night to cook for a work party- but bless her for doing all of that! I hope people appreciated it! I have to say, I think you are the best cat mommie I know and I always enjoy hearing about them and all you do for them!

Barb- enjoy your cardmaking today- sounds like a blast!

Ok- gotta get a move on! Dog needs walking, laundry to do and back is killing me, so getting out of the chair will be a good thing!

Have a great day
Shelly
Never heard of an Ooma Box Shelly. How does that work? Who do you use for your Cable and T/V? How long have you been with them? I know a lot of companies give you a good deal to sign up with them and the it goes up after a year or so.

Glad that you guys don't mind hearing stories about my fur babies. They are pretty cute. One of these days I'll have to post some photos of my outside kitties.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:01 PM   #1725
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hi Ladies... it is so good to sit here at my computer and bask in your friendship. Just what a body needs after a busy day of studying and other volunteerism. THANK YOU!

Shelly, your words to me were so sweet and precious! THANK YOU!

Barb, oh how fun! I'm glad you had a good time today!

Lynn, that's interesting about calling 911. I never thought of that. I guess I figured they could track cell phones just as easily.

Waving at everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 10-18-2014, 05:26 AM   #1726

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener likes this post.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:59 AM   #1727
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning - had a few minutes waiting for my coffee to brew. Another research paper project to tackle - well, supervise! I woke up this morning an hour later than usual, must have been my body saying ENOUGH! LOL!

Oh I must go read about Shelly's post -- that is the very scariest. I am just looking at this how tarrying it is and how everyone is on edge. We went to the ER the other day w/ my daughter and already they were asking 2 questions NEW on the forms! 1. Had we ever been to Africa in the past month(s) and 2. In contact with someone from that region. I was shocked to see that on there, but get it at the same time.

happy Saturday ♥
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 10-18-2014, 07:03 AM   #1728

Good Morning Kelly... glad you got to sleep a bit later this morning. And yes, "E" situation is terrifying.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-18-2014, 07:07 AM   #1729
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Aw, thanks Maggie! Yes, my daughter is pretty funny that way, lol. She is so humble and caring - she actually worried that by trying out "for fun" might take the spot of someone who REALLLLY dreamed of it or wanted it. Truth is, I knew she wouldn't have much of a chance and just said have fun with it!

Now here's the kicker - I feel asleep last night after the belt ceremony and dinner out so I haven't talked to her other than a few texts through the night :cool I just couldn't stay up past 1 am and dh had 'kid watch', lol. She's home, saw her sparkly shoes and purse on the couch, Cinderella didn't lose one on the way home - ROFL! The belt ceremony made me cry though! I'm so proud of this shy little boy with a heart of gold and constant smile. It's not easy to get out there and do something like that. I know I wouldn't! I'll try to see if she has some pictures from last night - I took one as she was leaving and her eyes were closed in mine - cry, cry, cry!

Keep us posted on your land line decision We kept ours open just in case but only use cell phones. Lynn, that's a good tip about the 911! I know that as long as cell phones are charged and even if there is no contract or service on them, 911 will still receive the call and respond but the response time being slower - yikes!

QUOTE=mschoener;20785031]You always bring a smile to my face Kelly with your enthusiastic rambling! How did it go with the Black Belt ceremony? Sounds like it is pretty special. Photos??

So cool and sweet that your DD was picked for the HoCo Queen's Court. I'm sure she's going to look beautiful. That's funny that she was upset because she was picked!

Glad that you got a deal on your Internet service and it's working so well for you. I still need to call AT&T to see about disconnecting the land line and rolling everything into one bill.
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-18-2014, 07:08 AM   #1730
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, J! Good to see your happy self here, too! ♥

Has dh adjusted back to normal life of no flying? LOL!

We bask in your friendship, too! ♥
Old 10-18-2014, 07:10 AM   #1731

Kelly, my DH loves having his feet on the ground. He's been busy catching up on things - such is the case when one is gone from home/work for a week.

Love you!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-18-2014, 07:19 AM   #1732
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Jeanette, after this trip, I can imagine! It's one for the journals, lol! I think that's where the phrase vacation from the vacation come in - hee hee!

Back atcha, dear! ♥
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:26 AM   #1733

Kelly, did you see my "witchy" card on my blog today? That green DP is the exact piece of DP that you had written a note on the back of and sent to me in the Mystery swap. I loved that paper - and figured the note wouldn't matter, since it couldn't be seen. So I used it. It was the PERFECT splash of color for this card. So............. THANK YOU!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #1735

Hi Barb! Okay, I'll try!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #1736
Pearl-ExPert

Is Blogger going at a snail's pace today for everyone or is it just me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everything else comes up quick - but Blogger is SLOW!
Old 10-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #1737

Lynn, I had lots of problems with blogger about an hour ago. Yikes! Kept getting errors. Wouldn't save. Wouldn't post.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #1738
Pearl-ExPert

Same here. Driving me nuts.....nuttier!
Old 10-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #1739

LOL! Then I'm nuttier with you.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #1740
Pearl-ExPert

LOL! Just went to Blogger help. Seems like everyone is having the same problem. Grrrrrrr
Old 10-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #1741
Mad Swapper

Good Sunday morning to you all - i love this group and all you ladies <3

Wet here, but we needed some good spring rain again - I got out to the studio yesterday (interrupted by family arriving to use the drier - and made a tag for a DT post on the 1st. - hopefully i can stamp and create when the house is full - and call in here.

Blessings to you all
Old 10-19-2014, 05:35 AM   #1742
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamping Friends

Had a busy day running around with errands yesterday including 2 trips out to the dealer to get my front plate put on. Seems that the bracket that was supposed to be in wasn't. Somehow it didn't get included in the order they received. So they special order expressed it and they got it yesterday afternoon, so I had to make another trip out there to get it on. He said that the bracket is made for that particular car so they had to have that one. They did check my tires while I was there and the low pressure was just from the cooler temps we've been having in the morning.

Got in a workout in the afternoon - upper and lower using weights. I could still feel the sore muscles from doing the upper one the other day, but I worked through it.

Last night worked on a DT card that I need to get on the blog today and then did a blog post for OSAAT. Which reminds me MAXINE - I see that you won the October prize package at One Stitch at a Time!!!!!!! Congrats!

Off to get ready for church. I need to go pick up a couple of the young women whose mom is having to work and can't get them there. Usually another lady does this who lives closer, but she's out of town this week.

Tonight I have a Family History Fireside to go to. They have a couple people in from Salt Lake to give a presentation. We've got the youth in Sunday School again this week. This is the 2nd week for this group. Then we have 2 more groups over the next month. After that, we'll start working with the adults.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:37 AM   #1743
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow- just googled Ooma and it is down to ~ $90.00 for the box. My husband is an IT engineer- and the guys at his work all have it- all you pay is taxes- we have caller ID, Voicemail, etc and can call anywhere in the USA.... He set it up for us- we have never had any issues at all with it.

We went to a play (musical) last night- my nephew is a Freshman in college and he had a small part in it- She Loves Me- it was funny and it was 3 hours long, but it moved quickly. The college is about 30 minutes from home in a town I used to work in- I never ventured out to check out the college though. And, it was only $6.00 a ticket too.

It was freezing here this AM- first frost- yeah- goodbye Ragweed : ) And, my husband and his crazy tennis friends got up and played tennis from 7-9AM, not me, I stayed in my warm bed : ) We did not get home last night until 12:45....... The sun is trying to peek out and the leaves are all changing- it is just gorgeous!

I did not have any problem with blogger in the wee hours posting my card- so it is OK here.

Sunday is my Blog hopping day, so looking forward to seeing what everyone is up to in a bit : ) Then, to the work room to get creative!

Shelly
Old 10-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #1744
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

I hope you had and are having a good Sunday. We went to church, home for a late breakfast, a bit of grocery shopping, a hike at the state park and home to watch the second half of a great game!

Old 10-20-2014, 06:13 AM   #1745

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Lynn, it looks like blogger is fixed now. YAY!

Maxine, I hope so, too! Adjustments in the household may take some getting used to, but hopefully you'll still have time to play some!

Maggie, I'm so glad they got the part for/on your car. Sounds like you have had a good weekend.

Shelly, what fun to go to a college musical! They are usually reasonably priced and enjoyable! You hopped; I noticed - Thank You for your sweet words!

Barb, I'm glad you had a good Sunday!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-20-2014, 07:06 AM   #1746
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope you are having a good Monday, even though...................
Old 10-20-2014, 07:22 AM   #1747

Hi Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-20-2014, 07:42 AM   #1748
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, all ~ Sorry about the blogger troubles I havent' tried, so I am sure today when I put up my DT card there will be a struggle so I will give it some extra time!

Shel those musical are so fun, sounds like a lovely play! High Schools are great too - for everyone - $5 tickets usually Our Opera starts next week (tix to that is $10 but still fairly reasonable) and it's open to the public. My dd has the lead in the night shows (remember the Devil!) and it's going to be a packed house so I have to get myself there super early. I cannot miss her last show :***(

I had an exciting morning almost getting run over! Oh I was so not happy. I was in the middle of the crosswalk and a lady decides she wants to make a fast sudden left turn without looking LEFT - she just glanced right and turned and missed me and Buddy literally by and inch or two. I saw her in a nano second scooped him up and screamed -- she braked but went around (would have at that point run over the dog!) and then laid in on her horn, screaming AT ME! Hello. She'll go the rest of the day not having any clue she almost hit me or the dog and that I probably just jumped out in front of her. In the middle of the road? I must be Woman Wonder! Crazy drivers.

Glad you are getting your rain, Max - much needed for your veggies!

Well, I'm going to work on a book review! I'll see ya'll later on!

Old 10-20-2014, 07:45 AM   #1749

Hi Kelly! Oh my! How frightening! I'm glad you're okay!!! And Buddy, too! Crazy driver!

I think you'll find blogger in good working order today, BTW.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #1750
Mad Swapper

So glad to hear you are o.k. Kelly - that must have been skeeeery!!

Got a call from the big hospital yesterday - could we be in Hamilton at 6:00p.m. tomorrow (now today)?? DH has another extra growth that needs to be removed (long term sun damage). The hospital is overwhelmed and are sending us 'private' to have it off!! So late this afternoon it's another trip So glad it was not for next week when I would not be here.

May take some colouring to do while waiting - gotta redeem the time!
Old 10-20-2014, 01:06 PM   #1751
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Wow- just googled Ooma and it is down to ~ $90.00 for the box. My husband is an IT engineer- and the guys at his work all have it- all you pay is taxes- we have caller ID, Voicemail, etc and can call anywhere in the USA.... He set it up for us- we have never had any issues at all with it.

We went to a play (musical) last night- my nephew is a Freshman in college and he had a small part in it- She Loves Me- it was funny and it was 3 hours long, but it moved quickly. The college is about 30 minutes from home in a town I used to work in- I never ventured out to check out the college though. And, it was only $6.00 a ticket too.

It was freezing here this AM- first frost- yeah- goodbye Ragweed : ) And, my husband and his crazy tennis friends got up and played tennis from 7-9AM, not me, I stayed in my warm bed : ) We did not get home last night until 12:45....... The sun is trying to peek out and the leaves are all changing- it is just gorgeous!

I did not have any problem with blogger in the wee hours posting my card- so it is OK here.

Sunday is my Blog hopping day, so looking forward to seeing what everyone is up to in a bit : ) Then, to the work room to get creative!

Shelly
O M G! Can't believe that you have that cold weather already. It's still in the 80's here during the day.

I asked our IT guy here at work about the Ooma. He says that the only problem is that if you lose your electricity and don't have Internet service, then you'll lose your phone service also. I still haven't had the chance to call my phone provider about the land line. Maybe tomorrow while my boss is in mediation.

I do love to go to school theater presentations. The kids really do a great job for the ones that I've seen. I suppose that with my DGD going into Musical Theater, I may see her in a college show one of these years.

I haven't had any blogger issues either. I have a blog post that I need to put up tonight. I'll see how that goes.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:07 PM   #1752
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
I hope you are having a good Monday, even though...................
Boo Hiss!!!!!
Old 10-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #1753
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

LOL, Mag - not a fan of Mondays?

Maxine, hope the visit to the hospital goes well ~ sounds like the best place for dh to be and going private sounds like it might be faster than a big hospital!

Did you girls hear about the lady that called 911 saying she had Ebola? I was like what on earth. It was on the radio on the drive to school, they played the 911 tape. They asked her what she needed and she said she was sure she had Ebola, she had 107 fever (107??!!) and they asked her why that, had she been to West Africa recently? She said yes and they cordoned off her house with yellow tape and hazmat and all this medical necessity. Turns out she just needed a ride to the hospital and thought the ambulance would be the fastest! Yikes!!!!

So Maxine, make sure you drive there - yes? LOL!

I found a picture that my dd took of us on Friday, though grainy and cellphoney and really bad quality! Be for the most part, here are proud parents

And dd before she left, not quite ready but at least you get an idea The tall guy next to her is her bff and the next Josh Groban, I am CERTAIN! He is her singing partner through-out this year and the girl is her girl bff ♥
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled (113).jpg (45.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg untitled (112).jpg (43.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png untitled (111).png (389.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #1754
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning, all ~ Sorry about the blogger troubles I havent' tried, so I am sure today when I put up my DT card there will be a struggle so I will give it some extra time!

Shel those musical are so fun, sounds like a lovely play! High Schools are great too - for everyone - $5 tickets usually Our Opera starts next week (tix to that is $10 but still fairly reasonable) and it's open to the public. My dd has the lead in the night shows (remember the Devil!) and it's going to be a packed house so I have to get myself there super early. I cannot miss her last show :***(

I had an exciting morning almost getting run over! Oh I was so not happy. I was in the middle of the crosswalk and a lady decides she wants to make a fast sudden left turn without looking LEFT - she just glanced right and turned and missed me and Buddy literally by and inch or two. I saw her in a nano second scooped him up and screamed -- she braked but went around (would have at that point run over the dog!) and then laid in on her horn, screaming AT ME! Hello. She'll go the rest of the day not having any clue she almost hit me or the dog and that I probably just jumped out in front of her. In the middle of the road? I must be Woman Wonder! Crazy drivers.

Glad you are getting your rain, Max - much needed for your veggies!

Well, I'm going to work on a book review! I'll see ya'll later on!

Yikes! Kelly so glad that you are okay and that crazy lady didn't hit you or Buddy. Some people just shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel!

I've had 2 incidents of road rage directed at me. Both people live on the same street in a little incorporated part of town that I drive through to get to work. Both were because they were driving at 20 mph and I wanted to pass them. One lady actually followed me and when I stopped at a light, she was behind me and got out of her car and came and pounded on my window and tried to open my door!!!!!!! So glad it was locked. The other one was just last week and the guy was driving 20 mph again. I tried to pass him and he pulled over in front of me so I couldn't and stopped his car and came and pounded on my window and screamed at me!!!!!!!!! The speed limit is 30 mph and I don't ask that you speed, but I would like you to drive the speed limit. I didn't do anything back, just let them scream and then drove off.

Good luck to your DD in the Opera. I'm sure she will knock 'em dead!
Old 10-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #1755
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
So glad to hear you are o.k. Kelly - that must have been skeeeery!!

Got a call from the big hospital yesterday - could we be in Hamilton at 6:00p.m. tomorrow (now today)?? DH has another extra growth that needs to be removed (long term sun damage). The hospital is overwhelmed and are sending us 'private' to have it off!! So late this afternoon it's another trip So glad it was not for next week when I would not be here.

May take some colouring to do while waiting - gotta redeem the time!
Oh my! So you just have to drop everything when they call and go get it done. I guess it's good that they don't put off stuff like that which could get worse, untreated.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #1756
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

LOL, Mag - not a fan of Mondays?

Maxine, hope the visit to the hospital goes well ~ sounds like the best place for dh to be and going private sounds like it might be faster than a big hospital!

Did you girls hear about the lady that called 911 saying she had Ebola? I was like what on earth. It was on the radio on the drive to school, they played the 911 tape. They asked her what she needed and she said she was sure she had Ebola, she had 107 fever (107??!!) and they asked her why that, had she been to West Africa recently? She said yes and they cordoned off her house with yellow tape and hazmat and all this medical necessity. Turns out she just needed a ride to the hospital and thought the ambulance would be the fastest! Yikes!!!!

So Maxine, make sure you drive there - yes? LOL!

I found a picture that my dd took of us on Friday, though grainy and cellphoney and really bad quality! Be for the most part, here are proud parents

And dd before she left, not quite ready but at least you get an idea The tall guy next to her is her bff and the next Josh Groban, I am CERTAIN! He is her singing partner through-out this year and the girl is her girl bff ♥
Hmmmm. . . not so much a fan of Mondays. Would much rather be at home.

That's such a sweet photo of you guys and your DS.

Your DD is so gorgeous! Beautiful dress and great photo with her BFF's. He needs to go on one of the Talent Shows they have on TV these days.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #1757
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Monday is flying by- I think I have to agree with Maggie for this day! I did not sleep well- set my alarm, and got up and hit off, then rolled over- yikes- and woke up 5 minutes before I needed to leave.... Headed to the library where I was to meet my student- no student....after 1/2 hour, I called the Literacy Dupage office and they called her- she forgot...so I waited a bit longer for her to come, we ended up having a nice 1 hour session instead of two..... ran an errand, went to the dentist- stopped and got something to eat- walked the dog, and here it is 4PM... I have class from 6-9, so lets say- looking forward to 9PM!

Holy Cow Kelly- so glad you are OK- bet she had her face all up in GPS or phone or something and did not even see you- probably gave her a heart attack too. Yikes!
Your pictures are wonderful! Your daughter looks like your twin! Your daughter has to have one pretty amazing voice- how awesome!
Did that lady get into big trouble- the Ebola lady that just wanted a ride? That is terrible!
Yes, the play was reasonable. My nephew- although just a Freshman, had a part in the play- small as it was- and was funny in his role. I also got a chance to see my busy sister- not too much visiting with her lately!

Maxine- glad you got in on a dime like that- and hope you get lots of coloring done as well. I do not sit well without being occupied- but time sure passes on the computer with blogging and commenting! That is for sure...where I work we are wireless, so while waiting people can bring their computers.

Maggie- boy- if that was me, I might consider taking another route......how obnoxious of them to get out and bang on your window! I wonder if their block had something bad happen on the street that makes them all drive like that.
Yes, my regular phone goes out when the power is out too- it is plugged in as well. We have not had an issue, and have cell phones, so it does not matter really - for us.

Ok- off to try to accomplish something in the hour that I have before class!
Hope you are all having a great day!

Shelly
Old 10-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #1758

Oh my goodness.............. I'm almost speechless. Well, no, not that! I always seem to have something to say, I guess. Good golly, have you noticed the number of posts under my name.

But seriously....... why would anyone:

1. Say they had ebola to get a ride to the hospital?

2. Bang on someone's car window and scream simply because someone wanted to pass them?

I'm clueless!

Maxine, I am sorry you have to drop everything and go to the hospital for DH's procedure. (((HUGS)))

Shelly, you are such a good person to wait for your tardy student - especially since you're so busy!

Kelly, loved ALL of the pictures!

Maggie, if it makes you feel any better about Mondays... I think they were created for pastors and their families. We have traditionally taken life easier on Mondays. Not sure if it's by choice or pure exhaustion from the busy-ness of Sundays.

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:57 PM   #1759
Pearl-ExPert

WHOA! It's a world gone mad!!!! LOL!

Kelly, that's wild (and scary) about almost getting hit today - and then the lady turning it around like it was your fault instead of hers! Craziness!!
The pictures of your daughter are great! She's so pretty.

Maggie, speaking of wild........Craziness once again! YEP, I do think I'd try to figure out some other way to go to work from now on. Geeze! Next time they may pull a gun on you! SCARY!!!!

Maxine, what a rush call that was about getting to the hospital! At least they can get this taken care of on your husband before all the family hits!

Shelly, I thought when you weren't working so you were suppose to take it easy! HA!! That's a joke, right! You do sound busy!

Jeanette, I'm like you (almost) speechless over all the above. Especially about the lady calling saying she had Ebola! PLEASE!!!!!! They ought to throw her in jail just for being an idiot! LOL! I guess it takes all kinds to make up this world.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #1760
SCS RAK Coordinator

Lynn--if everyone who is an idiot is in jail, imagine how crowded they would be!
Forest Ranger and Kiwime like this post.