Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-14-2014, 06:24 AM   #1681
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-14-2014, 08:20 AM   #1682
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, girls!

Maxine, I'm glad you had a great day - let the celebrations continue all week!

Almost time to head back out -- seems like I just got home! My daughter made us some yummy oatmeal this morning ♥ She didn't have class and when I got home she was cooking her breakfast of hot tea w/ spices and oatmeal, she didn't have to convince me to eat!

Off to finish a card but sending hugs through-out the thread!!!!!!!!
DT:  The Project Bin
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:45 AM   #1683
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Good Morning! I am stealing a few minutes away to drop by- I finally have a day off- playing catch up and making a card.....Sigh...at the last minute of course. I am more productive when I have a deadline. I am just not one of those gals that gets it done way in advance anymore- used to be that way, but not anymore!

I went to my reunion at College -30 yrs- for Homecoming with a group of friends this weekend. I graduated from nursing school prior to that, but decided to go back and get a BSN.... my initial goal was to go on for my Masters, but that never did happen. Anyway, we had a great time despite the football team loosing.

Maxine- Hope you had a Fabulous Birthday- (Sorry I am late) and whoa- you will be busy with more people and kiddo's in the house!

Maggie- will keep your intentions in prayers!

I have two young men on my prayer list- one had his pancreas removed and is not doing too well (Brad-age 20) and another Andrew- senior in High School- spinal cord injury playing football.....he has some feeling in his fingers or tows, but is paralyzed otherwise....... his dad is an anesthesiologist at the hospital I work at.....

Two things- I invited Paula to stop by and look at the group- she may want to join- it may be a matter of time- so if she pops in you are all aware. Sorry I did not ask, but since we have lost a couple of members, I figured it would be OK......

And, lets get an updates list of birthdays ad addresses for the group- I know there is another B-day this month, but I am thinking there may be two and I only have one on my list. PM me privately with your name, address,ets and your birthday- you do not have to add in the year : )

Have a fab day!
Shelly
Old 10-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #1684
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Cute graphics Barb and Kelly!

Shelly, I'm praying for the two young men you mentioned. Tough situations.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 10-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #1685
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Thank for the belated birthday wishes - makes the day seem to last longer . I had a great day thanks, made all the more special as DS and family entertained me for dinner. They videoed themselves singing to me, then sent it through to DD and family - so they all videoed themselves and sent one back to us - via an app on their smart phones. They are all clubbing in together to buy me one

Big surprises yesterday - there has been a major change for DD and family and they are not only moving back here at the end of the month (6 weeks earlier than planned) but they will be moving in with us for a few months - you may not see much of me during that time

One of the houses next to us (over a Right of Way access) has changed hands, and the new owner is going to be removing trees and an old shed, and then laying meters of concrete (most of the back part of the section) and building a new double garage, so there will be lots of noise and dust over the next few weeks, to add to the confusion

Hopefully I will be able to escape to the studio for creative therapy
Wow! That must have been a big surprise to have DD coming back home for a bit.

That's cute that they were sending videos back and forth for your Birthday. Sweet that they are going to get you an iPhone. I'm considering getting one for myself actually, but may still hold off for awhile. The cell phone I have is just fine for now, but I'm considering getting rid of my home land line so maybe want more of a smart phone than what I have now since it will be my one and only phone. I realized last Friday that I had not been paying for my alarm service at my house. I looked back at my bank statement and the last payment was in March! I couldn't figure out why until I looked through my bank records and that was when my wallet was stolen and I had to get a new debit card, but in the past the security company has always contacted me when their payment didn't go through. This time they didn't so I've been without security since March. Really irritating. But I found another company that does it wireless and much less expensive, so I'm having them come on Thursday afternoon to install the wireless adapter. I will no longer need a land line and can't see spending the extra $$ for it. Most people that call do it on my cell phone anyway and it's not like I get a ton of phone calls.

Hope that the construction noise doesn't interfere with anything that you are doing.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 10-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #1686
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Good Morning! I am stealing a few minutes away to drop by- I finally have a day off- playing catch up and making a card.....Sigh...at the last minute of course. I am more productive when I have a deadline. I am just not one of those gals that gets it done way in advance anymore- used to be that way, but not anymore!

I went to my reunion at College -30 yrs- for Homecoming with a group of friends this weekend. I graduated from nursing school prior to that, but decided to go back and get a BSN.... my initial goal was to go on for my Masters, but that never did happen. Anyway, we had a great time despite the football team loosing.

Maxine- Hope you had a Fabulous Birthday- (Sorry I am late) and whoa- you will be busy with more people and kiddo's in the house!

Maggie- will keep your intentions in prayers!

I have two young men on my prayer list- one had his pancreas removed and is not doing too well (Brad-age 20) and another Andrew- senior in High School- spinal cord injury playing football.....he has some feeling in his fingers or tows, but is paralyzed otherwise....... his dad is an anesthesiologist at the hospital I work at.....

Two things- I invited Paula to stop by and look at the group- she may want to join- it may be a matter of time- so if she pops in you are all aware. Sorry I did not ask, but since we have lost a couple of members, I figured it would be OK......

And, lets get an updates list of birthdays ad addresses for the group- I know there is another B-day this month, but I am thinking there may be two and I only have one on my list. PM me privately with your name, address,ets and your birthday- you do not have to add in the year : )

Have a fab day!
Shelly
I also work well (or better) under pressure Shelly. I try to get cards done in advance, but something else always comes up and I just put the card off for another day.

Glad you had a good time at the reunion. I've always wanted to go to one of my HS reunions, but never heard about any after I left PA and not sure that I would have been able to afford it back then anyway. I see a couple of my GF's on FB so that's nice. They have both really changed a lot! I wonder if they think that about me. Do you ever think about going back to school now to get that Masters?

Thank you for the prayers. I haven't heard anything yet about how the surgery went or is going. Not sure how long it will take or if my SIL will call me anyway. I will keep your two young men in my prayers also. So sad they are both so young.

I'm sure Paula will be very welcome to come join in the group. We're a friendly bunch.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:57 AM   #1687

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, that is kind of strange that the security company didn't let you know they hadn't received payment........ instead of just quietly deleting your security measures. Yikes! Could have been a bad situation had you needed security.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-15-2014, 06:16 AM   #1688
SCS RAK Coordinator

This is in honor of Jeanette's hubby coming home today....... Big, Slobbery Kisses!

Old 10-15-2014, 06:44 AM   #1689

I Smoochy!

Thank you, Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:24 AM   #1690
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

There's a lot of SPIT in this thread today! WOW!!!!!!!! Getting my towels!

Tee hee!

Happy Day, all!

Been an interesting morning ~ but hopefully nothing eventful the rest of the day. We have the cable company coming tomorrow :*( I have mixed feelings but dh is adamant. Its' a better move, financially - but it's like we are losing an old friend! 20+ years and it's time to cut our ties.

Shelly, saying prayers for the two young men! That is so young, and very scary how things can move on a dime. I just reviewed a book called HIT ... I was lucky to receive an ARC and it was tragic. Young girl hit by her teacher, of all people, during a rainy day at a crosswalk. I can't imagine - esp knowing it's based on a true story.

Off to make my blog rounds! Have a good one, ya'll!
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:41 PM   #1691
Pearl-ExPert

Stopping in for a minute. I've just been busy trying to get some cards made working ahead on DT stuff. Don't have a single thing done for next week though! LOL! Sometimes there's just never enough time to do what we want.

Shelly, so sad and yes.....prayers sent.

Jeanette, yea on hubby coming home! Know you're looking forward to hearing all about the trip.

Maggie, saw on FB that your daughter was doing good. That's great!

Barb - loved the slobbery camel! LOL!

Maxine - you'll love the iPhone! Hope all is going good with the family there.

Kelly, sometimes change is good you know! You'll get used to it in a hurry I just image.

Waving hi to everyone else........

Tomorrow I have to go to the city to pick up my new specs - so I think maybe I'll just have to treat myself to Michael's! LOL! Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #1692
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi ladies- running this week- looking forward to Friday- off work and can catch up!

***I just need addresses and b-days from Kelly and Maxine- I should have them somewhere- cannot locate them though.......***

Just a reminder to all- ignore if it does not apply to you- please make sure you not only post here, but that you are visiting each others blogs at least once a week- minimum. That was what was decided on when the group originated- we are a group for friendship and support : )

It is bothersome enough to a few- enough for comments about it- and I have recommended if someone does not come to your blog- don't go to theirs......but that is really not the intent of this group. So, just a friendly nudge- all members need to visit each others blogs weekly.

If you feel you cannot meet these requirements, please let me know.

We have given a special pass on this requirement to Darlene- life happens and we are understanding of what you are going through right now- before S**t hit the fan, she was meeting the requirements here, and will be again once things smooth over.

Off to bed- working again tomorrow and then have a dinner party with hubby's Baseball team.

Shelly
mschoener likes this post.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:56 AM   #1693
Mad Swapper

Hi girls - all well here - if you don't mind DH with a frozen shoulder and me with a DVT scare yesterday, but all is well according to the blood tests. I have spent most of this afternoon out in the gardens weeding, and then planting my tomatoes

Great to see all the chatter - and the prayer requests which have been noted.

The family have found the phone - I will get it when I head up to Auckland to help them do a final pack and clean on the 28th. DD and children and I head back here on the 31st, and SIL will follow after the truck has left on the Saturday. In the meantime I keep seeing things that need doing here - like clearing the top of the fridge where my recipe books sit, so that DD can put her appliances there (she needs the mixer as she makes their own gluten free bread). We also have to find more towel rails and install them, and move low sitting plants to safety.... What fun
Old 10-16-2014, 06:00 AM   #1694

Kelly, the towels are worth it! I love slobbery Smoochy kisses!

Thanks Lynn, it IS good to have DH home again. We talked and talked last night before we both crashed. LOL! Neither of us had had more than 2 1/2 hours of sleep the night before.

Shelly, you were so sweet in the way you handled the "friendly nudge". Thank you. I want to publicly apologize for those weeks when I don't make it to the blogs. I try to! In fact, I try to do so more than once a week - because you ladies inspire me!!! But sometimes travel and other things get in the way and I don't make it. I hope that hasn't caused hard feelings - and private conversations with Shelly. KWIM? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings!!!

Maxine, YAY for finding the phone! And it sounds like the re-organization to accommodate your bulging household is going smoothly. I hope it continues to go well. (((HUGS))) BTW, I moved back in with my parents after being gone for four years - back in my former life. I married my high school sweetheart and when he died four years later (after a horrible 11-month illness), I sold our little house and moved in with my parents while I attended 4 years of college. The first three years I was a "weekend resident" as I rented with a few other college students in the town where my college was. The last year, I lived full-time with my parents and commuted 1 hour each way to college. I still have a great deal of admiration for my parents and the sacrifices that they made to allow me to do that. Being a "young" widow was not easy - EVER! - but with their help I managed to cope. While your daughter's circumstances are different (PTL!) you are making a difference in her (and her family's) life by sacrificing at this time. Kudos!!!

I love you ladies! Thank you for being who you are! And for letting me hang out with you!!! (yes, even YOU, Barb! )

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-16-2014, 06:32 AM   #1695
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--it is another rainy day in Wisconsin, but the sun is supposed to be out this afternoon and stay through the weekend! I am headed to the stamp room again today--getting inky!

I hope you have a Terrific Thursday!
Old 10-16-2014, 06:33 AM   #1696
SCS RAK Coordinator

Kelly--will you have a new email address?

Shelly--I too promise to do better with checking blogs.

Maxine--good luck with everything going on in your life.

Jeanette--I hope your hubby had a good sleep back at home last night!
Old 10-16-2014, 07:32 AM   #1697

Hi Barb! DH did sleep well - in his favorite recliner!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #1698
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi girls! We are back up and running! Larry the Cable guy came and went - LOL! J/K - he was FAR from LTCG! Glad dh was home to deal with him - he was quiet and methodical and didn't speak much, lol. I was glad I had cards to tend to and hid in the Cabana with my two 'guard' dogs. They barked for an hour!! All 5" tall and 12 pounds of them, LOL! I truly think they see 80 lb Rottweilers when they look in the mirror - LOL!!!

Shelly, thank you indeed for the nudge!! You are such a good "thread mama!" Thank you for taking care of us My bday is March 28. But for Jeanette, she can send prizes ANYTIME!!!!!!!! I am so inspired by you ladies -- your blogs, and cards, are all so unique! I am telling you I could pick ya'lls cards out of a line up! Each one has a signature style and I would recognize it anywhere Thank you for being an inspiration to me!

Maggie, I had forgotten about your wallet That's so bizarre about the alarm and the payments. We have a new phone/internet/tv package and we hope it will be a good move, I'm sure it will be - change is hard but not always bad And I hope that was the last ordeal with your wallet, too - did they ever find out who was behind that?

Jeantte, your story always brings a tear to my eyes. Though I did know that from before, hearing it really resonates your inner strength and the beauty of moving beyond triumph and reclaiming Life at it's fullest - and how you have your preacher man and 3 beautiful babes!

Maxine, goodness lady - you have so much on your plate and you always manage such kind words and lots of love to share! I am glad they found the phone and thinking good thoughts for you and dh. Will you be giving dd those recipe books on top of the fridge or just making room? ) Be well and enjoy those tomatoes!

Waving to Lynn, Barb ..... hope I'm not forgetting anyone! IT's been a LONG morning, lol ...........

Hugs!
Old 10-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #1699

Kelly, I'm so glad you're back in working order!

And I always love reading your posts - you sure know how to give warm woolies! Thank you for being who you are!!!

I am sorry you had to hear my story again - but thank you for being such a sweetie about it. And yes! I am certainly thankful that I have my dear sweet husband and those three delightful young adults that we know as our children.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-16-2014, 06:00 PM   #1700
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Maggie, that is kind of strange that the security company didn't let you know they hadn't received payment........ instead of just quietly deleting your security measures. Yikes! Could have been a bad situation had you needed security.
Yes, I was really annoyed with them when I realized it. It's all fixed now though. The security guy came this afternoon and installed the wireless router and it's all working! Happy to know that I'm protected again.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #1701
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Stopping in for a minute. I've just been busy trying to get some cards made working ahead on DT stuff. Don't have a single thing done for next week though! LOL! Sometimes there's just never enough time to do what we want.

Shelly, so sad and yes.....prayers sent.

Jeanette, yea on hubby coming home! Know you're looking forward to hearing all about the trip.

Maggie, saw on FB that your daughter was doing good. That's great!

Barb - loved the slobbery camel! LOL!

Maxine - you'll love the iPhone! Hope all is going good with the family there.

Kelly, sometimes change is good you know! You'll get used to it in a hurry I just image.

Waving hi to everyone else........

Tomorrow I have to go to the city to pick up my new specs - so I think maybe I'll just have to treat myself to Michael's! LOL! Hope everyone has a good evening.
Thanks Lynn. I'm not really sure how "good" she's doing. Texted her today and asked her a question. She responded to the question, but didn't say how she was doing. I know that she's sore and not sleeping well, and will probably be that way for awhile.

Hope you were able to get your specs and have a fun trip to Michael's. What did you get?
Old 10-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #1702
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi girls - all well here - if you don't mind DH with a frozen shoulder and me with a DVT scare yesterday, but all is well according to the blood tests. I have spent most of this afternoon out in the gardens weeding, and then planting my tomatoes

Great to see all the chatter - and the prayer requests which have been noted.

The family have found the phone - I will get it when I head up to Auckland to help them do a final pack and clean on the 28th. DD and children and I head back here on the 31st, and SIL will follow after the truck has left on the Saturday. In the meantime I keep seeing things that need doing here - like clearing the top of the fridge where my recipe books sit, so that DD can put her appliances there (she needs the mixer as she makes their own gluten free bread). We also have to find more towel rails and install them, and move low sitting plants to safety.... What fun
Sorry about DH's frozen shoulder. That was one of the issues that my DD had that they fixed during the surgery yesterday. Sorry about the DVT scare. Hope you're doing better now.

It's going to be interesting baby proofing the house again. Always seems to be something that is missed. Oh, I understand about the top of the fridge. Mine is much taller than me, so I don't ever see it. The other day I climbed up on a stepladder next to it to put some bowls away in the little cabinet over it and saw how dusty and dirty it was. Needless to say, i got the Wipes out and cleaned that off good.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:16 PM   #1703
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Kelly, the towels are worth it! I love slobbery Smoochy kisses!

Thanks Lynn, it IS good to have DH home again. We talked and talked last night before we both crashed. LOL! Neither of us had had more than 2 1/2 hours of sleep the night before.

Shelly, you were so sweet in the way you handled the "friendly nudge". Thank you. I want to publicly apologize for those weeks when I don't make it to the blogs. I try to! In fact, I try to do so more than once a week - because you ladies inspire me!!! But sometimes travel and other things get in the way and I don't make it. I hope that hasn't caused hard feelings - and private conversations with Shelly. KWIM? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings!!!

Maxine, YAY for finding the phone! And it sounds like the re-organization to accommodate your bulging household is going smoothly. I hope it continues to go well. (((HUGS))) BTW, I moved back in with my parents after being gone for four years - back in my former life. I married my high school sweetheart and when he died four years later (after a horrible 11-month illness), I sold our little house and moved in with my parents while I attended 4 years of college. The first three years I was a "weekend resident" as I rented with a few other college students in the town where my college was. The last year, I lived full-time with my parents and commuted 1 hour each way to college. I still have a great deal of admiration for my parents and the sacrifices that they made to allow me to do that. Being a "young" widow was not easy - EVER! - but with their help I managed to cope. While your daughter's circumstances are different (PTL!) you are making a difference in her (and her family's) life by sacrificing at this time. Kudos!!!

I love you ladies! Thank you for being who you are! And for letting me hang out with you!!! (yes, even YOU, Barb! )
I'm all for letting you have Smoochy, but I must say, I am not fond of slobbery kisses.

Glad that Dh made it home safely. Did he take pictures while he was there or just spend his time chatting with DD? Any good food stories from his visit?

What a sad, but sweet story Jeanette. Sorry that your first love only lasted 4 years, but I truly believe it's all part of the plan. You're one of the lucky ladies to have found love twice in your lifetime. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Maxine, I know even with all the rearranging you have to do for your DD and her family, you will love having them there close to you an getting snuggles every day!

Old 10-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #1704
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning--it is another rainy day in Wisconsin, but the sun is supposed to be out this afternoon and stay through the weekend! I am headed to the stamp room again today--getting inky!

I hope you have a Terrific Thursday!
Sorry about the rain, but glad you're getting time to play. We're going to need rain again soon. Oh, I looked on my milkweed plants and I have 2 baby caterpillars out there, one on each, but I don't hold out high hopes that they will make it to adulthood.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #1705
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Hi girls! We are back up and running! Larry the Cable guy came and went - LOL! J/K - he was FAR from LTCG! Glad dh was home to deal with him - he was quiet and methodical and didn't speak much, lol. I was glad I had cards to tend to and hid in the Cabana with my two 'guard' dogs. They barked for an hour!! All 5" tall and 12 pounds of them, LOL! I truly think they see 80 lb Rottweilers when they look in the mirror - LOL!!!

Shelly, thank you indeed for the nudge!! You are such a good "thread mama!" Thank you for taking care of us My bday is March 28. But for Jeanette, she can send prizes ANYTIME!!!!!!!! I am so inspired by you ladies -- your blogs, and cards, are all so unique! I am telling you I could pick ya'lls cards out of a line up! Each one has a signature style and I would recognize it anywhere Thank you for being an inspiration to me!

Maggie, I had forgotten about your wallet That's so bizarre about the alarm and the payments. We have a new phone/internet/tv package and we hope it will be a good move, I'm sure it will be - change is hard but not always bad And I hope that was the last ordeal with your wallet, too - did they ever find out who was behind that?

Jeantte, your story always brings a tear to my eyes. Though I did know that from before, hearing it really resonates your inner strength and the beauty of moving beyond triumph and reclaiming Life at it's fullest - and how you have your preacher man and 3 beautiful babes!

Maxine, goodness lady - you have so much on your plate and you always manage such kind words and lots of love to share! I am glad they found the phone and thinking good thoughts for you and dh. Will you be giving dd those recipe books on top of the fridge or just making room? ) Be well and enjoy those tomatoes!

Waving to Lynn, Barb ..... hope I'm not forgetting anyone! IT's been a LONG morning, lol ...........

Hugs!
Yippee for working Internet! What service did you go with? I need to call AT&T now and have them disconnect my land line and see if I can roll it into one bill and if that will save me any money. I'm going to save about $65 by getting rid of the land line that I hardly use.

No, they never were able to find out who stole the wallet, but I never really thought that they would. Those things happen all too often that we never hear about.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #1706
Quacker Stamper

Thanks Shelly from me too for the friendly reminder. I do know that life gets in the way at times, and I know that there are times that I'm late getting around to blogs. I don't mean to be so lax, but sometimes life does get in the way especially since I work 8 hours but gone from my house for at least 10 hours every day. I try to get around and do all my commenting and visits on Saturday, but that doesn't always work so sometimes it's Monday night before I can get there. My schedule got messed up after the OSAAT Summer break because we came back in on the odd week so now I'm making cards all bunched together where I used to have a week between them. Oh well, I keep trying to keep up.

OH, and I love to read all your stories too on your blogs. I try to write something on mine whenever I post so it's not always just about my card, but life is pretty dull here unless there's something going on with the kitties.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #1707
Quacker Stamper

We had a fun luncheon at work today. It was a Mexican Fiesta for Boss's Day. One of the girls got up at 3 a.m. and made 100 enchilladas - chicken, beef, and cheese. I ate one of the chicken ones, and it was delish! Packed full of white meat chicken. I took 3 boxes of taquitos and a pumpkin streusel cake. It turned out pretty good, but not like the one that someone brought to the office a couple weeks ago and won't own up to it and share the recipe.

Then I had to leave early to come home for the security guy. He was in and out of here in about 1/2 hour. Since I was home early, I decided to do a workout so I used my Kathy Smith Workout with Weights. Many of the upper body exercises are the same or similar to what I was doing at PT all those weeks. I can't get my DVD player to work with the DVD remote though and not sure how to fix it. I'm thinking I may have to get a new one. The one I have is quite a few years old.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:40 PM   #1708
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Maggie, you go 'head and post about those kitties!! I love your fur baby stories! I don't think blogs should be all about cards anyway How many times has Lynn's doxies entertained us, too - LOL!! I think my crazy duo would be an entire book if I ever wrote about their antics, but they are too busy driving me nuts! Those two are worse than a couple of toddlers ~ Spoiled babes

Bah Humbug on the wallet! They never caught mine either. Or that I know of . But they were the worst of the worst criminals that took it way further than I ever knew possible. But I don't think it can ever be fixed so no sense frettin' over it. 100 enchiladas???? Bless her heart!!!!!

Today was fun - we went through the 'practice' for my son's black belt ceremony and presentation tomorrow. He advances forward! Dd17 is a the Homecoming Football game. She ran for HoCo last week - not taking it seriously, just put in her written essay - and they chose her for the court! She almost died!! She called me really upset saying she knew she'd never be chosen out of the massive amount of girls - they only choose 10. Well, she made it! Yesterday was voting and only top 3 move forward to be judged and crowned, she was not in the group, LOL but she will always have the memory of having been on the court and not even meaning to be! I told her well, you do everything with all your heart - you work hard, you fight for what is important, and you give it 110% when you apply yourself so let this be that ONE THING that you did just for the fun of it and let the chips fall where they may!

Or in this case ..... the crown? Hee hee!! What a wonderful memory of Senior year!
Tomorrow is the HoCo dance. We scrambled to find a dress with SLIM PICKINGS, let me tell you - we waited til the very, very last minute to go look. Eeek! She's just been so busy, and when she was free, I wasn't .......... we found one and she looked so cute.

Rambling ....... the cable bill for us will be cut by $130 or so a month. We are getting rid of AT & T (phone, internet) and Directv (cable) and only going with Comcast. The internet speed is LIGHTENING FAST! I am so enjoying this! I just put together a blog post and my pictures went through like lightening - before, it was like turtle slow. Anyway, by bundling them all now, we cut the 2 bills in half by going to just the 1. Woohoo!
Old 10-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #1709
Pearl-ExPert

Glad you're liking your new cable system Kelly! And BIG congrats to your daughter. What an honor!!!!

Maggie, the enchiladas sound delish......but can't image getting up that early and then having to make so many! Yikes!!!!

I did make it to Michael's today....and actually Hobby Lobby too. I was looking for a Corner Chomper. Last week I look at Michael's and they didn't have one. Today I drove across town to another one and they didn't either! Hobby Lobby was close by so stopped in there and they had it! YEA! Got a couple other things but nothing really exciting.

Tomorrow is defrost the freezer day..........and I'm SO not looking forward to that. I almost wish it'd go out so we could get a new frost free one! LOL! Plus I'm a little scared to see what's in this thing now!
Old 10-16-2014, 07:25 PM   #1710

Hi Chatty friends!

Oh Maggie, what's not to like about Smoochy's Slobbery kisses? I am sooooo glad you are now secure again! YAY! And yes, my story is quite unique... not that I'd recommend it for others. LOL! But God is faithful! He saw me through the rough stuff and brought me great joy, too. God spoiled me, that's for sure! Now I'm hungry for Mexican food, though! Love that stuff!!!

Kelly, WOW! Your DD is one fine young lady; I'm not surprised she was chosen. I'm glad she's made that memory! Oh, YAY for the faster internet. Now I'm wondering - hoping - that you'll be able to load my blog faster!

Lynn, YAY for new toys! I'm glad you got to go to Michael's and Hobby Lobby - and found what you were looking for! I wish you well with tomorrow's task. I hate that job, too!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #1711
Mad Swapper

Wow - have we ever chatted up a storm - I feel for you having to do the freezer Lynn - we have just done our wardrobe(s) ready for the invasion - we have one in our room, and we were using one in a spare room - now it's all in one and there is a huge pile to go to goodwill or somewhere similar!! ....

Hmm - I think I will join Maggie and stay away from the slobbery smooches, if you don't mind. Glad to hear you are secure again Maggie

Kelly, great to see you back and super fast - that will help you rush through your day .

Better fly as now I have to load more photos onto the N.Z. auction site (like e-bay, but called Trade Me) as we are selling stuff we don't need - like the cot and highchair we kept for grandies.........
Old 10-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #1712

Even these guys are happy it's Friday!

Good luck with the sales, Maxine! I used to sell on ebay a lot... then profits started dropping at the same time that ebay costs went up, so I pretty much quit trying to sell there. I've considered it a few times in the past year or so, but haven't taken the plunge - yet.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #1714
SCS RAK Coordinator

I am off to a stamp-a-stack class this morning and I will be back later to read the posts and comment.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:12 AM   #1715

Hi Barb... cute graphic! Have fun today!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #1716
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

YAY Lynn, I'm glad you found your new toys I can't remember the last time I was shopping other than for the essentials, like glues and cardstock!

Max, good luck on the ebay - I haven't been there in years ~ after the added the fees, it just wasn't that cost effective for crafts. My friend made a small fortune selling half her house on Craiglist though!

It's HoCo and daughter is getting all dolled up. My son also has his 2nd degree black belt tying ceremony later tonight so it's going to be unreal in about 4 hours!

TGIF!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #1717

Hi Kelly - and those adorable nutty squirrels, too!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #1718
Proud Fan Club Member

Ahhhhh, a day off! This time of year it really gears up where I work- everyone has met their deductibles (health insurance), so it is crazy busy at work! I worked an extra day for another nurse this week too, so I am smashed today!

We bought an Ooma box for $180.00 and pay $4.00 a month for our home phone now. We figured the box paid for itself in 6 months, we paid a little extra (forty bucks) to keep our home phone number. So now, we just have to bundle internet and cable for the TV. (which is $95/month). We had mixed feeling about keeping the home line- mostly calls from telemarketers, but my parents call and we talk for ~ hour- too long to talk on the cell with my neck issues. I usually use the speaker phone so I do not get a crick in my neck.

We are having a blustery day- and it is so pretty with the leaves blowing about- all different colors : )

Maxine- what an opportunity to sort and clean...... Baby proofing would be a challenge here- to see out of the eyes of a babe, get down and crawl around at their visual level is what we used to be told..... It is always amazing to me how different people are- some leave all of their Knick Knacks out and the kids do not touch them- not me!!! Sounds like a blessing in a way to have family living with you for a short time-especially to have that bonding time : ) Yikes for the health scares- DVT is nothing to take lightly!

Lynn- sounds like a great shopping day for you! Ohhhh, we also have to defrost the freezer- another chore we do 2 x's a year....due now. We open the door and turn it off- and work on it a little at a time- ours is in the garage, so we have a mess sometimes....but no worries. we pack all of the meat and 'stuff' in coolers and it is all frozen, so usually it stays that way for the few hours it takes to get it done.

Kelly- Congrats to your son on his black belt- and to your daughter for being chosen for the Senior court- what an honor! I hope to see her on FB in her dress- I loved the dances when my daughter went and seeing the girls dressed up and hair done- so beautiful and such fond memories!

Jeanette- what an incredible story about your life- I cannot imagine how hard that must have been and what a tribute to your character to not only come through an ordeal like the death of your young husband, but to have the focus to go back to school and finally meet another fine man and be where you are today! It is hard for so many folks to go through situations and not be mad at God! And to loose focus too. !
Yes- I look forward to hearing stories about your hubby and his Alaskan adventures with your daughter too.

Maggie- your Mexican fiesta sounds delicious! Wow- I cannot imagine getting up in the middle of the night to cook for a work party- but bless her for doing all of that! I hope people appreciated it! I have to say, I think you are the best cat mommie I know and I always enjoy hearing about them and all you do for them!

Barb- enjoy your cardmaking today- sounds like a blast!

Ok- gotta get a move on! Dog needs walking, laundry to do and back is killing me, so getting out of the chair will be a good thing!

Have a great day
Shelly
Old 10-17-2014, 01:10 PM   #1719
SCS RAK Coordinator

Class was so fun--We made 12 cards--three cards of 4 different "snow" designs. I think everything was from the holiday mini. I also picked up my club order and I was hostess. A few things backordered--I ordered two of each of the variety packs of cardstock when they were 15% off and the wreath stamp and die is also on backorder. But--I did get everything else and it is so fun to have new toys!

Blustery day here too. We did have some sun early this morning, but not now. We have cards tonight with our church group--should be a fun night. No major plans this weekend, but we hope to get some things done for fall clean-up in the yard.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:57 PM   #1720
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, I put a note in my comment today on your blog - about keeping the home phone line. For everyone else that didn't see it......we were going to get rid of our land line and just use the cell phones. My daughter said that if you dial 911 from a cell phone and then say pass out or something horrible like that, it takes forever for them to trace to call to see where to go. If you have a land line, it traces it quick! So, we kept the land line but got rid of the long distance on it and just use our cell phone for that. SO much less expensive with long distance on a land line too!

The freezer is done!!!!! Pain in the hiney to say the least. I wish ours was out in the garage too Shelly - sure would be easier! I'd like to just chunk the thing and get a frost free one but can't do that as long as it works I guess. It's not fun but sure looks better now. You forget what all you throw in there! LOL!

Shelly, I just read your "share" on FB - the nurses perspective on Ebola! VERY, VERY good!!!!! I'd read a book years ago about Ebola when they had an outbreak over there and let me tell you......that is some kind of scary stuff!!!!!!!! Everyone should read your post! Not to cause a panic or anything like that - but just to make everyone aware of what it does and how it spreads, etc.