Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #1641
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooo oooooooooooooo!

We are back up and running!

The kicker: "We have NO IDEA what was wrong" Gah!
Guess it doesn't matter now that it's ON!

Hugs for Wes, the kitties, everyone!!!!!!!! ♥
DT:  The Project Bin
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #1642
Mad Swapper

Yay - welcome back Kelly
Old 10-09-2014, 05:43 PM   #1643
Quacker Stamper

Hi Stamp Addicts.

It was quite the ordeal. They all seem fine tonight except for Paisley. She's still kind of out of it and sleeping on her chair. Didn't want any of the new food that I got for them. The other guys seemed to like this first one - made with duck. The vet did call just as I came in the door from work and said all her tests were negative so she's healthy.

Yeah for your Internet Kelly. Is this still the old provider? Are you still going to go with a new one?
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 10-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #1644
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

I cannot imagine coraling 4 cats into carriers Maggie- Oh Boy- you have all of the fun with those cats! You are an awesome cat mommie! Bless you! Hmmm, will have to try E50, E51, and E53 for skin tones- I am always using E000, E00, E02, E11 and a touch of E11......

Yeah Kelly is back on-line! Yippee : ) I go crazy when I want to get online and there is no access!

Jeanette- my husband would love the meatloaf- I am not so sure about me- I do love beef/red meat, so maybe.....I do think the presentation is quite lovely though! What does your daughter say about it and about eating Moose? It is probably cooked just like any other meat.... Casseroles, baked, fried........ hmmmmmm Sounds like your hubby is a dear- remembering to tell you that yours is better : ) Brownie points...

Bark- the class I am taking is at Kit and Clowder Eventually, I want to take the class for distress markers as well, sine I have those as well..... I have access to the classrooms for.. Going to have to check that out. They have a forum for loading your artwork and she gives feedback to help you and there is a FB page....The recommend before and after images so you can see your progress, and there are quite a few vendors that give discounts on their images.

Maxine the weather sounds delightful- and a perfect day for a visit. Will you be able to get out to the garden?

We are heading out of town overnite on Saturday- working part of the day tomorrow, have a hair cut, then will work on DT cards due..... I would love to be able to work ahead, but it is apparently not in my nature!

Shelly
Old 10-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #1645
Mad Swapper

I have not got out to the gardens Shelly- too many phone calls from family . My DS has some full compost bins at their rental, so when we go over to them for tea this evening, I will be coming home with some bags of compost for the gardens , no excuses tomorrow for not gardening!

We got some more nasty phone calls the other night, so we have bitten the bullet and got a new phone number, which is not only unlisted, but confidential, so not even directory service can give it out!

I also need to get into the studio and prepare for next weeks class - I don't have any idea what I am going to teach......... ARghhhhhhhhhh
Old 10-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #1646
Swapper of the Month March 2013

YAY for internet! YAY for healthy cats!

BOO for nasty phone calls!

Shelly, I don't think my DD has had caribou yet. (Yet being the word, because I'm thinking she would try it given the chance.)

Today's Alaska update is a sad one... Kelly and Barb have heard, since I was texting with them and a few other friends.

But.............. my DH is a 35 minute flight away from DD's town. He got to Bethel and high winds caused DELAYS to flights. No flights leaving Bethel all afternoon/evening. Then they cancelled his flight... as well as all other flights. UGH! It gets worse, though.... the earliest flight he can get is Saturday at 11:00 AM so he is stuck in Bethel all day tomorrow, too............ and his time with our DD will be cut in half of the short time he was going to have with her.

But at least he is safe - and he has lodging for the night. So we are trying to stay positive.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 10-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #1647
Pearl-ExPert

Jeanette, the meat loaf looks "interesting"! LOL! So bad about your husbands flight but like you said at least he's safe and that's all that matters!

Maggie, thanks so much for the Copic color ideas (Shelly, you too). It's just hard to know where to start getting more. I have a few colors but well, you know......... LOL!
Sorry about the kitties but at least they're treated now and all should be ok.

Maxine, uck on the phone situation! But, that's terrible to get phone calls like that so it's good that you changed numbers now.

Kelly, great news on the internet being up and running again.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #1648
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, is that you that won the Reverse Confetti blog hop?? If so, woohoo!
Old 10-10-2014, 12:30 AM   #1649
Mad Swapper

Yes - that was me thanks Lynn - a $15 voucher. Will probably spend ,more now I have been there, and then the postage will take another $15 or so.
mcschmidty, mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:54 AM   #1650
Gabfest Goddess

Hello hello hello!!!!!

Yes, that really was me posting to my long-forgotten blog! Last weekend I unpacked some of my treasures and got back in the groove. I'll work on some more this weekend (I hope). My time is being pulled with competing priorities:
My perennial garden has weeds taller than some of the plants
My bedroom/work office sorely needs to be re-arranged
Grocery shopping lol
Bird cage cleaning
Card making
my friend's annual Oktober Fest on Sunday

We shall see what wins out...

Anyway, I've missed all of my friends here on SCS. Have included you and any needs unknown to me in my prayers. You are all special to me!

Off & running now, thank heavens it's Friday. Have a great day everyone!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:08 AM   #1651
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

mschoener likes this post.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:09 AM   #1652
SCS RAK Coordinator

Thanks Shelly--I will check the link later today. I am headed to church for a meeting and have a dentist appointment later in the morning and then a couple of errands.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:30 AM   #1653

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

CONGRATS on the win, Maxine!

Darlene! It's so good to see you.......... yikes! You have a long to do list! Is this a 3-day weekend for you? I hope so!

Ouch! I do not like going to the dentist, Barb... hope your visit goes well!

Lynn, it did look interesting (and pretty), but it did NOT look like meatloaf.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #1654
Quacker Stamper

MAXINE!

I hope you're having a great day. With the time difference, I don't know if I'm early or late.
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #1655
Mad Swapper

Thank you Maggie - it's Saturday here and yesterday was 'the day' , I know the wishes are sincere so the timing is irrelevant.

I was well celebrated, ending with dinner with DS and family, and a video of DD and family singing me happy birthday.

By the way - Saturday is another good looking day, just to encourage you all
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #1656
Mad Swapper

Jeanette - here is a link to a map of Alaska that you may want to use for something for you daughter - ithought of you as soon as I saw it
Create with TLC: More Vintage Map Freebies...........
Old 10-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #1657
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
I cannot imagine coraling 4 cats into carriers Maggie- Oh Boy- you have all of the fun with those cats! You are an awesome cat mommie! Bless you! Hmmm, will have to try E50, E51, and E53 for skin tones- I am always using E000, E00, E02, E11 and a touch of E11......

Yeah Kelly is back on-line! Yippee : ) I go crazy when I want to get online and there is no access!

Jeanette- my husband would love the meatloaf- I am not so sure about me- I do love beef/red meat, so maybe.....I do think the presentation is quite lovely though! What does your daughter say about it and about eating Moose? It is probably cooked just like any other meat.... Casseroles, baked, fried........ hmmmmmm Sounds like your hubby is a dear- remembering to tell you that yours is better : ) Brownie points...

Bark- the class I am taking is at Kit and Clowder Eventually, I want to take the class for distress markers as well, sine I have those as well..... I have access to the classrooms for.. Going to have to check that out. They have a forum for loading your artwork and she gives feedback to help you and there is a FB page....The recommend before and after images so you can see your progress, and there are quite a few vendors that give discounts on their images.

Maxine the weather sounds delightful- and a perfect day for a visit. Will you be able to get out to the garden?

We are heading out of town overnite on Saturday- working part of the day tomorrow, have a hair cut, then will work on DT cards due..... I would love to be able to work ahead, but it is apparently not in my nature!

Shelly
It was quite a challenge. Awww. . I love my kitty babies.

Isn't that funny how we all have our go-to colors to use for different things.

Hope you have a fun time this weekend.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #1658
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
I have not got out to the gardens Shelly- too many phone calls from family . My DS has some full compost bins at their rental, so when we go over to them for tea this evening, I will be coming home with some bags of compost for the gardens , no excuses tomorrow for not gardening!

We got some more nasty phone calls the other night, so we have bitten the bullet and got a new phone number, which is not only unlisted, but confidential, so not even directory service can give it out!

I also need to get into the studio and prepare for next weeks class - I don't have any idea what I am going to teach......... ARghhhhhhhhhh
Sorry about the nasty phone calls. I guess you don't have Caller ID so you can see who is making the calls? Some people are just so rude and obnoxious.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:21 PM   #1659
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
YAY for internet! YAY for healthy cats!

BOO for nasty phone calls!

Shelly, I don't think my DD has had caribou yet. (Yet being the word, because I'm thinking she would try it given the chance.)

Today's Alaska update is a sad one... Kelly and Barb have heard, since I was texting with them and a few other friends.

But.............. my DH is a 35 minute flight away from DD's town. He got to Bethel and high winds caused DELAYS to flights. No flights leaving Bethel all afternoon/evening. Then they cancelled his flight... as well as all other flights. UGH! It gets worse, though.... the earliest flight he can get is Saturday at 11:00 AM so he is stuck in Bethel all day tomorrow, too............ and his time with our DD will be cut in half of the short time he was going to have with her.

But at least he is safe - and he has lodging for the night. So we are trying to stay positive.
Sorry that your DH isn't getting to see you DD right away, but I hope that he gets to see her at some point before he has to come back.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:23 PM   #1660
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Jeanette, the meat loaf looks "interesting"! LOL! So bad about your husbands flight but like you said at least he's safe and that's all that matters!

Maggie, thanks so much for the Copic color ideas (Shelly, you too). It's just hard to know where to start getting more. I have a few colors but well, you know......... LOL!
Sorry about the kitties but at least they're treated now and all should be ok.

Maxine, uck on the phone situation! But, that's terrible to get phone calls like that so it's good that you changed numbers now.

Kelly, great news on the internet being up and running again.
The treatment has started, but they all need to go back in 2 weeks and then again in 4 weeks. Then, hopefully, they'll be fine.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:26 PM   #1661
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello hello hello!!!!!

Yes, that really was me posting to my long-forgotten blog! Last weekend I unpacked some of my treasures and got back in the groove. I'll work on some more this weekend (I hope). My time is being pulled with competing priorities:
My perennial garden has weeds taller than some of the plants
My bedroom/work office sorely needs to be re-arranged
Grocery shopping lol
Bird cage cleaning
Card making
my friend's annual Oktober Fest on Sunday

We shall see what wins out...

Anyway, I've missed all of my friends here on SCS. Have included you and any needs unknown to me in my prayers. You are all special to me!

Off & running now, thank heavens it's Friday. Have a great day everyone!
Life does get in the way of our play time sometimes. Glad to see you back and have fun at the OktoberFest.

Prayers are always welcome. I'd appreciate some for my DD who is having shoulder surgery on Tuesday. She's been in such pain for the last couple of months, so this will be a good thing. Also, one of my great nieces just broke up with her fiance. They have been together for a long time and he just broke it off with her. So sad. Not sure of all the details, but she is so hurting.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #1662
Quacker Stamper

Congrats on your win Maxine.

I also had another win on the Delicious Doodles challenge for last week with my Lucy Witch card. I was able to choose 5 images. One of the images I chose was actually a pack of digital paper. I can't wait to have time to play with it all.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #1663

Whew! The eagle has landed! Just moments ago, my DH landed in my DD's town.

Maxine, I'm sorry - I missed it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY + a day!!!

And thanks for the freebie link! Soooooooooo cool!!!

Maggie, I'm sorry to hear of the prayer requests for your DD and your niece. I am praying and will continue to do so!

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #1664

Oh, and Maxine......... I was born in Kansas... so the Kansas freebie is cool, too. Thanks again!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #1665
Mad Swapper

Glad you liked them Jeanette So glad to hear that DH and DD are now together - safely.

Have just come in from a few hours in the vegetable garden - it's HOT out there in the sun
Forest Ranger and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:53 AM   #1666

If I don't show up again in the thread today; I'll see you Monday morning (since I never make it here on Sundays)!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-11-2014, 05:54 AM   #1667

Heart DH & DD in Pilot Station, AK!

Lookie! Lookie!
Attached Images
File Type: png brent and brittney 2.png (319.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png brent and brittney 3.png (176.1 KB, 3 views)

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty, Kiwime and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:26 AM   #1668
Gabfest Goddess

Morning all!
I slept in (sort of) so Happy Saturday to me

Maggie, prayers will be said daily. Please keep us posted. So sorry to hear of their difficulties. Prayers for all your kitty clan too!

Jeanette: HOORAY !!! So very glad that DD & DH are finally able to start their visit!

Maxine: Happy Birthday - even though it's late, I sure am wishing you blessings of health and happiness! Sounds like you had a great dinner, I'm glad!

Well, off & running lots to do if I want to get any crafting time this weekend. Have a great day everyone!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Forest Ranger and Kiwime like this post.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #1669
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Lookie! Lookie!
Great photos. So glad that they finally connected. I wonder what she'll offer him to eat.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #1670
Quacker Stamper

I was up early this morning. Wanted to go get the license plates put on my car. Glad I decided not to do it myself because I didn't have a bracket for the front plate and they didn't have one in stock at the dealer, so they had to order one and I'll have to go back next Saturday to have that one put on.

Went by the vet on the way home to pick up some canned food. I got some of the duck. The can that I bought that had chicken in it didn't agree with one of the cats. One of them upchucked it last night. One of these days I'm going to go to PetsMart and see what kind of canned food they have and whether it's any cheaper than getting it at the vet.

Made my weekly trip to the grocery store to get food for dinner tomorrow night when the kids come over. It's really getting harder and harder to come up with vegetarian recipes. Now my sil is also doing low carbs making it even harder.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #1671

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Great photos. So glad that they finally connected. I wonder what she'll offer him to eat.
This morning they were cooking bacon and eggs..... and homemade biscuits. It's just now noon there; I haven't heard what's for lunch yet.

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:34 AM   #1672

Yes, it IS Monday... but it's a holiday! Doesn't that make it a happy monday?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-13-2014, 07:09 AM   #1673
SCS RAK Coordinator

Old 10-13-2014, 09:03 AM   #1674
Pearl-ExPert

Morning everyone!

Seems I was missing around here this weekend - just busy here - and I missed Maxine's birthday! SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAXINE!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you had a great day!!!

I know I've missed other things too - but will try and catch up a little later! Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 10-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #1675
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday Maxine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And hi to everyone!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 10-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #1676
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Yes, it IS Monday... but it's a holiday! Doesn't that make it a happy monday?
NO! Because it's NOT a holiday for all of us.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:10 AM   #1677
Quacker Stamper

Yesterday was good and a little quiet. I worked on a card for DT and the kids came over for dinner, well, almost all of them. My DGD wasn't feeling well, so she stayed at home. She's having some emotional issues right now and my DD and SIL have started her seeing a therapist. Not sure what exactly the problem is, but she's having some anxiety about some issues - like she was "afraid" to tell her work that she was quitting because of school so much so that she was making herself sick over it. I'm really glad that they aren't just ignoring the situation and have her seeing someone. It's also hard with her school schedule too. Prayers would be good if you don't mind.

Dinner was good. I made a Mexican dish with black beans in the slow cooker. You put it over crushed tortilla chips. I had salad, bread, fruit, and brownies. I also served some Zucchini soup. It came in a large bottle. I bought it about a month or so ago for my vegetarian DGD. She missed out though because she wasn't feeling well and didn't come with the family. We all tried it and I thought it was very good. Even my DGS ate it!

Also, my DD in CA is having shoulder surgery tomorrow, so prayers would be good for her also. She's been in such pain for months now and they were finally able to get this scheduled. It'll be a long hard road for recovery, but hopefully she'll be pain free. I'd like to be able to go now, but I'll see her in a month.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:28 AM   #1678

Hi Barb, Lynn, Kelly, and Maggie!

Oops! Sorry, Maggie... wish you were having a holiday today! Praying for those you mentioned!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-13-2014, 11:35 AM   #1679
Mad Swapper

Thank for the belated birthday wishes - makes the day seem to last longer . I had a great day thanks, made all the more special as DS and family entertained me for dinner. They videoed themselves singing to me, then sent it through to DD and family - so they all videoed themselves and sent one back to us - via an app on their smart phones. They are all clubbing in together to buy me one

Big surprises yesterday - there has been a major change for DD and family and they are not only moving back here at the end of the month (6 weeks earlier than planned) but they will be moving in with us for a few months - you may not see much of me during that time

One of the houses next to us (over a Right of Way access) has changed hands, and the new owner is going to be removing trees and an old shed, and then laying meters of concrete (most of the back part of the section) and building a new double garage, so there will be lots of noise and dust over the next few weeks, to add to the confusion

Hopefully I will be able to escape to the studio for creative therapy
Old 10-14-2014, 05:52 AM   #1680

WOW! Lots of changes in your home and neighborhood, Maxine! I hope you are able to cope with the noisy-for-a-spell neighbors. Is everything okay with DD and family? Praying so!

Find Me on Instagram