Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-03-2014, 05:00 AM   #121
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
LOL! No Shelly, my doctor doesn't make me pay the deductible first, it's our new insurance plan. We had a choice. This plan the company pays for and then we pay the deductible first and then it pays 100% of everything. The other plan is what we had before with a copay, but the total deductible is $4500. And we would have to pay $85 a month for it, so I'm taking the $85 a month and putting it in my savings account like having an HSA. Yesterday my cost was $-0- And since our preventive care is all paid 100% I really won't have much to pay for.

That sounds like a great plan. I am so thankful that my husband has good insurance. He works for one of the cities here. With all my allergy issues, I could spend a small fortune just on prescription meds.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:06 AM   #122
Crimping Master

Kelly - WOW! You were definitely in the right place at the right time to help that woman. I hope she will be okay. Good luck to your daughter! I hope she feels much better for her performances.

Barb - Welcome!

Shelly - There were so many 'fun' things going around on the 1st. I saw one last night (thankfully not on the 1st) that a local pizza place was closing. I wised up real quick and knew it couldn't be true. New Haven takes their pizza very seriously! Although if you were really moving to France, I'd be on that wagon with everyone else that wanted to visit!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:10 AM   #123
Proud Fan Club Member

Rushing through but had to say Good Morning, SA's!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:24 AM   #124
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Thanks Shelly..................... And others!

I am excited to be a part of this group as it sounds fun. Love the technique challenge--that will be good for me!

A bit about me--some of you who know me already can skip this part: I am a retired high school teacher and Athletic Director. I love to garden and had a greenhouse built a few years ago. We have 7 trays of flowers and vegetable seeds started under grow lights in the basement and we will move them to the greenhouse when it warms up a bit (not sure when that will happen ) I love my hobby/passion of card making. I love many companies--but Stampin' Up, Gina K and Whipper Snapper are a few of my favorites. Creative Pals is a LSS and is the home store of WSD--so if anyone loves their stamps, I can be your personal shopper and save you money on their high priced shipping charges....... I take cards and crafting supplies to a Ronald McDonald House nearby and also send boxes to OWH a few times a year. I love to participate in swaps and also really love to host them. My friend Jeanette recommended me for a DT more than a year ago and I have been active as a designer for a couple of teams. OK--that is enough about me!

I will add your blogs to a blog roll today--stop by and say hello!

Thanks for letting me join--Barb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Hi Barb- we do have two openings here. No, we do not vote- you just need to consider whether or not our group fits your blogging 'group' needs. We try to stop in at minimum 1-2 times a week and share something about yourself so we can get to know you- just as if we were all sipping tea- or coffee together......and all try to visit each others blogs a minimum of once a week and leave encouraging comments. That way we get to know and inspire/encourage each other.

If you feel that you can get involved in the chatter and stop by blogs- awesome! Let us know. We do try to do a card swap in the group once a month- not required but we have all been doing it, and we had also been doing a technique of the month- Darlene tells us what the technique is and we have usually the entire month to post something.

Think about it and let us know : )
Shelly
Old 04-03-2014, 07:40 AM   #125
Swapper of the Month March 2013

WELCOME BARB!!! I'm excited you're here! (And I love being your friend!)

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:31 AM   #126
Quacker Stamper

Just stopping in for a minute. I'm home again today. Had a relapse last night, but I think I might be on the mend - maybe as soon as my nose stops running. I have an eye doctor appointment later today. Was going to cancel, but decided to go ahead and go to it. I hope I make it through without too much problem.
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 04-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #127
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi!

Great- Welcome Barb- and I have added you to our front page!

So, do you have a sports pleasure??? B-Ball, football, swimming, Tennis..... I think that sounds like a fun job- AD!

Maggie- feel better!

I have the front page of the group updated with the blog list and working on my blog now. Lots to do, so better get back to it!

Shelly
Old 04-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #128
SCS RAK Coordinator

Shelly--I coached both high school girls volleyball--head coach and basketball--assistant coach for close to 20 years. I love both of those as well as most other sports. Love to watch football and basketball probably the most. I love college basketball!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #129
Die Cut Diva

I'm really thinking we all need to go to Disney and meet Kristie! YEA!!! Wouldn't that be fun.

I just got back from the city and am tired. I did manage to hit Hobby Lobby and Michaels but didn't spend a ton of money this time! LOL!! Also got some Columbine at Lowe's (thanks again for the tip Maggie), so am off to plant that now.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #130
Die Cut Diva

Oh, a big welcome to Barb too! And I get to say GO SPURS, GO! LOL!!

I've been following your blog for a while now so already know you do fantastic work!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #131
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I'm a bit delayed getting here this morning - we had a thunderstorm in the area so I had to unplug my computer. Alas, my battery on my laptop is basically gone - it only holds a charge for about 10 minutes. We need the rain, though, so it's good. DH sowed grass seed earlier this week - our yard is mostly gone due to the loss of the huge tree (they ground out the stump) so the rain will help the seed germinate.

Shelly, loved reading your post. Yes, I'm excited about going back to Thailand, and YES it will be Hot!!! It's usually nearly 100 degrees when we're there. But we are in air conditioned space with the children all day long, so it's okay. Remember, this isn't a sightseeing touristy sort of trip. We work long hours. By evening - when we go out for supper and a bit of shopping - it's cooled down a wee bit. That being said, this year we only have the children 5 days instead of 7, so we do get 2 free days that we haven't had the past two years. We'll do some sightseeing, but not sure where/what.

Maggie, I agree! Shelly would surely tell us FIRST!

Kelly, woo hoo for birthday presents!
If it wasn't for weeds, I'd have no backyard green at all. Seriously, it's pretty bad. I've been waiting for it to rain and clear up so I could spray the yard, but it hasn't come even though they keep predicting it like today. I should have gone ahead and sprayed last Monday.

Great that you'll get a little break while you're in Thailand - more time for sightseeing and shopping.
International Art & Soul
Old 04-03-2014, 05:15 PM   #132
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Good Morning Ladies--I noticed in your title that you may be looking for new members.................... If so, would you have me? I know many of you from other threads and would love to be a part of another blogging group!
Hi Barb. Welcome to the group.
International Art & Soul
Old 04-03-2014, 05:20 PM   #133
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good Morning, all ~ what a morning!!

I had some FUN this morning - not! After leaving a meeting w/ a friend, and was heading home, sitting a red light to make my left turn and a car next to me (green light) had a HUGE truck pull right into her path. I know she tried to avoid it but the collision still happened. I had to get out of the intersection when my light turned green so I pulled into the shopping center and ran back.

She was an older lady and was just sitting in her car dazed. The truck driver saw her, yelled something at her and waved his arms around and tried to leave but was blocked by (God-cidence) another truck delivering cars. Had it not been there, he would have sped away. She was fine, just shaken up. Her car is totaled, no doubt. I told her she needed to get out of the road, that I was just a witness and bystander and we got safely across 3 lanes of traffic. She called the police and her son. She was so shaken up, saying she had to get her grandson from school :*( I told her take it one step at a time. She needed to make some calls, get a tow truck and make arrangements because she wasn't picking up anyone in that car.

Meanwhile, the man comes over screaming and yelling IN SPANISH that she ran the red. Um. Okay. No she didn't. He doesn't speak a word of English but it wasn't my place to interject and she kept repeating I don't speak Spanish, I don't understand. I didn't want to use my ace card just yet and let him know I'm fluent in Spanish and he's just spewing non truths all over the place. A cop did show up (off duty, not THE COPS that she called for) and he starts telling him that she ran the red, yadda yadda and I finally told her he is not being honest - he said you ran the red. She was like Oh you understand him? Yes! And I said I just wanted to make sure you were okay, the cops are coming and she said please don't go I felt so bad for her.

When the police did arrive, he asked who was who and why was I there and I said I was just a witness but its' a good thing I stayed - it became her word against his and I FULLY saw him run that red. Scared this poor lady, totaled her car and the kicker ... yells at HER for it and not even in English. AND he had no insurance! That's against the law here!!! Well played, Karma - well played.

I finally let my ace card show and talked to him and I did talk to him and calmed him down and told him it was an accident. That's all. Everyone is fine. Your truck is okay. Insurance (hers) will pay and you will have to sort it out with the courts later. But no one was hurt, just his ego. Move on. Count your blessings.

And I hugged her and told her to call me if she has any issues. The police took my information and I will by golly show up in court as a witness if need be! She said thank you so much and that tomorrow was her birthday - Bless her heart!!!!

Crazy morning!
Wow! That lady was sure lucky that you were right there and could help her with the language barrier. It's terrible that there are so many on the streets that don't have insurance and cause so much pain and havoc to law abiding citizens. Big {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} for you for being in the right place at the right time and for being willing to help that lady. A lot of people would have just driven off and not want to get involved.
International Art & Soul
Old 04-03-2014, 05:24 PM   #134
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Just rushing through - yes, I'm glad I was there, too but not that I did anything special, just mediated sort of - lol.

My daughter's show was today during school and tomorrow night, Friday night so I will be a little scarce .... I wish her the best but am so nervous for her. She's coming off a MAJOR cold/flu bug and is asthmatic and on the nebulizer. Last night she sounded so bad and today had to sing so she kept it just at the level she needed so not to ruin her voice for the big Friday night show. I run the concession stand tomorrow so anyone some yummy snacks, come on down! ♥

Hugs all around!
I hope the school performance went okay. I"m sure she will be fine. She's done so well in all her performances lately. Good luck to her tomorrow night at the big Friday night show.

Oh, what's on sale in the concession stand???? Maybe could entice me.
International Art & Soul
Old 04-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #135
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh Maggie- I have been bad....... I do not know what possessed me to post that..... Ladies, I decided it would be fun to announce that we may be sent to France - as that is where Ray's work headquarters is.....to live for 6 months. I did not think anyone would believe it....but people were so excited.... A couple of friends who know me well knew it was not true- one Anna- posted it on FB and the other called me- her husband saw it and told her when she came home we were moving to France- hahaha Oh my nose grew 3 feet yesterday....... I had two people stop me at work today- they were all contriving reasons they had to come visit us while we were there....

Oh I am off for a week. I am making ATC's for swaps and cards for swaps and a DT card for Easter....lots to get finished tomorrow!

We are heading to Indiana at 5ish Friday- Stephi's running in the club Nationals for Indoor Track. Sunday after b-fast, we will head to my folks house- about 2 1/2 hours and stay till Mon Pm and then head home.

Kelly- how awful! Bless you for stopping and being a witness for that lady- you are her angel today! I hope your daughter feels great and has a wonderful show! I had allergy shots today, and they told me that this is going to be the worst allergy season ever- I said- I have been hearing that for the last couple of years.....so not sure I believe it- we'll see.....

Oh Jeanette- yes, you know I would tell you all first!

Ok- off here tonight - sad news about Ft Hood- I do not know what this world is coming to!!! Over in Asia, everyone thinks the USA is very dangerous!

Night
Shelly
That was pretty funny that all those people believed your post.

Good luck to Stephi in her run and have fun at your parents' house.
International Art & Soul
Old 04-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #136
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
I'm really thinking we all need to go to Disney and meet Kristie! YEA!!! Wouldn't that be fun.

I just got back from the city and am tired. I did manage to hit Hobby Lobby and Michaels but didn't spend a ton of money this time! LOL!! Also got some Columbine at Lowe's (thanks again for the tip Maggie), so am off to plant that now.
Disney would be fun!

Glad you were able to get some Columbine. I love the color of mine and can't wait until it gets plants on Monday. You'll have to post a photo of yours.
International Art & Soul
Old 04-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #137
SCS RAK Coordinator

Thanks for the nice words!

Quote:
Oh, a big welcome to Barb too! And I get to say GO SPURS, GO! LOL!!

I've been following your blog for a while now so already know you do fantastic work!
Old 04-03-2014, 11:36 PM   #138
Die Cut Diva

Hi folks - sorry I have been missing in action but life has been hectic here....

Welcome Barb!!

Kelly it was great that you were able to help, and are prepared to go to court too! One day you will slow down

Kristie - enjoy your trip to Disney

Shelly - safe travel for the weekend

Darlene we look forward to seeing you popping in here more often - glad to hear that life is settling down a bit for you now.

We were back to Hamilton yesterday for the eye clinic - and the specialist has finally started about removing the cataracts from DH's eyes - a risk as it may exacerbate the other condition....... then today he had an appointment with the local doctor for a "free Warrant of Fitness" i.e. a Cardio Vascular assessment.... his risk of a stroke or heart attack in the next five years is rated at 20%, plus he now has to go onto cholesterol reducing meds, and also cut back his sugar and salt intakes (things I have been trying for years)!! Oh the joys

I have not been in the studio all week, and then my daughter is staying overnight on Sunday as she is in town for a funeral on Monday, which we too will be attending, so it does not look like slowing down any time soon. Hopefully, as I got the lawns mown today, I will be able to make some cards and prepare for next week's class tomorrow....
Old 04-04-2014, 05:21 AM   #139

Late check in for me... We had repeated thunderstorms yesterday evening (at least two rumbled through our area) so I kept my computer unplugged. That meant this morning I had to put together today's blog post. So I'm late getting here.

Oh my, Maxine... (((HUGS)))! Sounds like life is bombarding you on all sides right now.

Maggie, weeds are green, at least. We have dirt! And chopped up tree stump. BROWN is not a good color for a yard.

Lynn, did you have rough weather last night?

Shelly, I'm still gigggling that you tricked so many people!

Barb! I'm smiling at you!

I hope everyone slept well and is enjoying this Friday!
WOO HOO!!! TGIF!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-04-2014, 05:58 AM   #140
SCS RAK Coordinator

Old 04-04-2014, 06:14 AM   #141
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmile1978 View Post
Kelly - WOW! You were definitely in the right place at the right time to help that woman. I hope she will be okay. Good luck to your daughter! I hope she feels much better for her performances.

Barb - Welcome!

Shelly - There were so many 'fun' things going around on the 1st. I saw one last night (thankfully not on the 1st) that a local pizza place was closing. I wised up real quick and knew it couldn't be true. New Haven takes their pizza very seriously! Although if you were really moving to France, I'd be on that wagon with everyone else that wanted to visit!
Wow, so much going on! Im' still rushing through as tonight is dd's last performance and the show last night was a HIT! They are expected to sell out again this year - 600 seats for a high school show - come on .... dedicated parents and community are we! And shockingly, she has an audition tomorrow with a local Children's Theater who does monthly productions - sort of a "talent scout" thing and she just told me she wants to go - holy Hanna! This weekend will be as busy as my week has been!

Kristie - is New Haven near East Haven? My bestie moved there and all I know is that's where her town is ...... not sure if New and East are like in the same town? LOL! Clueless here!

I'm looking forward to our Disney trip in 2 weeks!! It's going to be a bit chaotic. It's not our family trip which we do several times a year, but a school one and even though they are magnificently wonderful kids, it's still HECTIC! A lot to juggle and bounce around but it's all good!

Welcome, Barb!

Hi to everyone! Wish I could stay and chat!

Hugs!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:33 AM   #142

Hi Barb!

Hi Kelly! Good luck to your DD and her audition this weekend! And the show will be a hit, I'm sure!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-04-2014, 06:35 AM   #143
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm super excited!! They've worked so hard

And thank you, my friend! ♥
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #144
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Wow, so much going on! Im' still rushing through as tonight is dd's last performance and the show last night was a HIT! They are expected to sell out again this year - 600 seats for a high school show - come on .... dedicated parents and community are we! And shockingly, she has an audition tomorrow with a local Children's Theater who does monthly productions - sort of a "talent scout" thing and she just told me she wants to go - holy Hanna! This weekend will be as busy as my week has been!

Kristie - is New Haven near East Haven? My bestie moved there and all I know is that's where her town is ...... not sure if New and East are like in the same town? LOL! Clueless here!

I'm looking forward to our Disney trip in 2 weeks!! It's going to be a bit chaotic. It's not our family trip which we do several times a year, but a school one and even though they are magnificently wonderful kids, it's still HECTIC! A lot to juggle and bounce around but it's all good!

Welcome, Barb!

Hi to everyone! Wish I could stay and chat!

Hugs!
Tell DD to "break a leg." Seriously, hope it goes well for her and the whole performance tonight. I never did hear what you were selling in the concession stand, so I cancelled my airline ticket.

Since you're already in FL, do you just go there to Disney World or do you make the cross country trip to Disneyland?? My SIL was there a month ago with my DGD on their choir trip. They had a blast!

International Art & Soul
Old 04-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #145
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, that's great about your daughter - and good luck this weekend too.

Ok, Kristie is going to be at Disney next week and then Kelly the following week......so we'll all meet up there the very next week and Kristie and Kelly can come show us around! Sounds like a plan!!! LOL!

No rough weather here unless you want to call being dry, rough! We had a cool front move through - actually we call it a cold front, since yesterday the high was 90 and today was only about 70. Brrrrr......Doesn't take much for us to get cold around here. I think all the really bad weather was north and east of us. They thought we may get a little rain, but even that didn't happen of course.

Maxine - busy!! I'm sure whatever decision is made about your husbands eyes will be for the best. I know this is really on your mind though - so sending hugs.

Question for all you Copic experts...........I was coloring a dog (not real since Rambo is already a nice color) today and noticed that when I tried to blend it started looking muddy looking. What causes this?? I started out with E30, then added E31, and a little E33. That's when it looked muddy. Don't know how else to explain it.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:18 PM   #146
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Kelly, that's great about your daughter - and good luck this weekend too.

Ok, Kristie is going to be at Disney next week and then Kelly the following week......so we'll all meet up there the very next week and Kristie and Kelly can come show us around! Sounds like a plan!!! LOL!

No rough weather here unless you want to call being dry, rough! We had a cool front move through - actually we call it a cold front, since yesterday the high was 90 and today was only about 70. Brrrrr......Doesn't take much for us to get cold around here. I think all the really bad weather was north and east of us. They thought we may get a little rain, but even that didn't happen of course.

Maxine - busy!! I'm sure whatever decision is made about your husbands eyes will be for the best. I know this is really on your mind though - so sending hugs.l

Question for all you Copic experts...........I was coloring a dog (not real since Rambo is already a nice color) today and noticed that when I tried to blend it started looking muddy looking. What causes this?? I started out with E30, then added E31, and a little E33. That's when it looked muddy. Don't know how else to explain it.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Lynn, not an expert by any means, but I've heard that the "muddying" comes from too much blending too soon. If you're using colors that close together, then let each color dry a bit before adding the next color and then again, let it dry before adding the last color, then I would let that dry a bit and use the lightest tone to blend out. See how that works for you.
International Art & Soul
Old 04-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #147
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Maggie. I sorta thought maybe that's what it was but wasn't sure. I have ZERO patience!!!!!!!!!! Trying to get better but sometimes it's just doesn't work. Guess since I make so many clean and simple cards, I lose patience with my coloring. I'll try to let it dry a little more before jumping in now.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:07 PM   #148
Crimping Master

TGIF! We won't be in Disney next week, still have 3 weeks to go lol. I am alternating between wanting to go now and wanting it not to be too soon because then it will be over quickly. It would be fun to meet everyone there though

Kelly - hope your daughter has another great performance. That's so awesome that the parents & community support them so well! Good luck to DD on her audition! Yes, New Haven is right next to East Haven.

Lynn - Maggie gave good advice on the copics. I haven't been coloring as much lately so I couldn't think of an answer. Good luck!

Saying hello to everyone else. Hope to spend more time visiting blogs over the weekend. I've been so tired every night and only crafted one night. I want to spend more time in my room this weekend since we don't have many plans.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:37 AM   #149
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. Hope you have a great day.

I have to get out to the grocery store to get the few things that I normally have to buy. I also need to go over my NS order and figure out what I don't want to include in my order this time. There were a couple things they call "melts" that are like "hot pockets" that I'm going to eliminate. They were okay, I just don't like having all that crust/bread. I did have their frozen cinnamon roll this morning with some scrambled eggs. The roll was pretty good size and very yummy, so I'll probably get that again. I may try some new things too. I want to give most everything a chance to see if I like it.
International Art & Soul
Old 04-05-2014, 05:39 AM   #150

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #151
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning and Happy Saturday.

I hope this happens tonight!

Old 04-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #152
Die Cut Diva

Hey Barb, I'm assuming that big "W" is for Wisconsin!!! Since all the boys Texas teams are out of it, I'll be rooting for them too!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:29 AM   #153
SCS RAK Coordinator

right! The Final Four is in Texas. The Badgers play Kentucky in the second semi-final tonight.

Quote:
Hey Barb, I'm assuming that big "W" is for Wisconsin!!! Since all the boys Texas teams are out of it, I'll be rooting for them too!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:40 AM   #154
Die Cut Diva

Yes, it is. Shame we can't do but GO BADGERS!!!
Lynn
Old 04-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #155
Stazon Splitcoast

Checking in from the hotel before I hit the sack... : )

It was nice- sunny - in the 50's here in Indiana today! The meet started at 8AM, but we did not get there until 11:00 ish. There was a 1/2 marathon for the 1st event, where the times were anywhere from 1 1/4- 1 1/2 hours long. (Yikes, I cannot even run for 5 minutes....).... The sun was out, and I have to say- I got a little sunburned.....did not think to put on sunscreen at all.

Stephi had 3 races- the 1st was the 5000 meter run, and she got 1st place- National champ for the Club Nationals! SO exciting. Then, she ran 1500 meters- got 4th- someone passed her by with 2 steps to go to the finish line....and the last was a relay, and they got disqualified cause the last runner threw the baton to the ground at the finish line....

We went to eat with all of the kids and headed back to watch the rest of the Wisc/Ky game. It is an exciting game- will go to the wire!

Lynn- glad your trip to the city went well and did not cost you too much at the craft stores.

Kristi and Kelly- looking forward to your Disney reports. We have not been there for about 12 yrs. We have friends that live in Ocala, so it would be fun to go and see them, and other friends in Tampa- always fun to go there too! Now, have to add Miami to the list- would be fun to meet Kelly IRL- I am such a dreamer tonight- thinking WARM!

Maggie- I am not a fan of hot pockets....but the cinn roll sounds yummy! I am with you on the Copic shading- if I muddy an image and it is not going to get better, I take an old towel and use the blending solution and dab it on to texturize it and hope that saves it.

Maxine- hope hubby gets his surgery and - will it improve his vision??? Hope you have a nice visit with your daughter despite the circumstances- sorry for your loss : (

Jeanette- not sure if you have GREEN grass...ours is brown- and here is is Green! The kids pointed it out- it is so nice- makes the landscape look so much more alive. Next, flowers and leaves on the trees.

We have three trees that are Ash trees and are infected with the emerald Ash Beetle. The city is cutting down two of them and we have to do one in the backyard. So, we may not have trees with leaves after all. SO sad- one of the neighbors has 8 Ash trees lining the side and front of their house.

Well Barb, this game was sure exciting! This tournament has really been crazy for underdogs winning- and messing up people's brackets.

I'll be back Monday nite late- so will stop back on Tuesday. Have a great rest of the weekend ladies!

Shelly
Old 04-06-2014, 08:53 AM   #156
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Hi Hi!!!!!!!!

Went MIA again for a couple of days - but for good reasons The refinance of the mortgage has begun. Maybe I can see the light at the end of this yucky tunnel. My lawyer and I are working on an offer...Will sure be good to get this behind me and get my life back. (Kristie, am calling it quits after more than 30 yrs of marriage, refinance is to buy him out of the house)

Spring is taking it's sweet time, but there are signs of it up here, that is nice. There's still a lot of snow here & there, but even though it's brown and mushy, it still is good to see the grass!

Well, I'm off to straighten up some half packed boxes, and other sorting and packing clutter. The appraiser for the home inspection comes tomorrow morning and it would be nice if some of this was contained.

Maggie and Lynn, hope that you post pics of the Columbine, I'd like to see it!

As for Disney World - I've never been, LOL. Hmmmm, maybe I should go there when this is all over for a celebration...that could be fun!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 04-06-2014, 09:09 AM   #157
Die Cut Diva

Quick check in here and hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Shelly, big congrats to Stephi! A great accomplishment!

Darlene - hang in there and it'll all be over with soon. Thinking about you so much and knowing what you're going through.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #158
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
right! The Final Four is in Texas. The Badgers play Kentucky in the second semi-final tonight.
That was a tough loss.
International Art & Soul
Old 04-06-2014, 09:59 AM   #159
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Checking in from the hotel before I hit the sack... : )

It was nice- sunny - in the 50's here in Indiana today! The meet started at 8AM, but we did not get there until 11:00 ish. There was a 1/2 marathon for the 1st event, where the times were anywhere from 1 1/4- 1 1/2 hours long. (Yikes, I cannot even run for 5 minutes....).... The sun was out, and I have to say- I got a little sunburned.....did not think to put on sunscreen at all.

Stephi had 3 races- the 1st was the 5000 meter run, and she got 1st place- National champ for the Club Nationals! SO exciting. Then, she ran 1500 meters- got 4th- someone passed her by with 2 steps to go to the finish line....and the last was a relay, and they got disqualified cause the last runner threw the baton to the ground at the finish line....

We went to eat with all of the kids and headed back to watch the rest of the Wisc/Ky game. It is an exciting game- will go to the wire!

Maggie- I am not a fan of hot pockets....but the cinn roll sounds yummy! I am with you on the Copic shading- if I muddy an image and it is not going to get better, I take an old towel and use the blending solution and dab it on to texturize it and hope that saves it.

We have three trees that are Ash trees and are infected with the emerald Ash Beetle. The city is cutting down two of them and we have to do one in the backyard. So, we may not have trees with leaves after all. SO sad- one of the neighbors has 8 Ash trees lining the side and front of their house.

I'll be back Monday nite late- so will stop back on Tuesday. Have a great rest of the weekend ladies!

Shelly
Congrats to Stephi on her solo win. Sorry the other 2 races didn't work out for her or her teammates.

Sorry about the ash trees I used to have 4 big trees around my house including an ash tree, and now I just have my Pecan tree and the little Red Maple that was planted last year. None of them really shade the house anymore.

Hungry, so going to get something light for lunch since I'm making a big dinner tonight.
International Art & Soul
Old 04-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #160
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Hi Hi Hi!!!!!!!!

Went MIA again for a couple of days - but for good reasons The refinance of the mortgage has begun. Maybe I can see the light at the end of this yucky tunnel. My lawyer and I are working on an offer...Will sure be good to get this behind me and get my life back. (Kristie, am calling it quits after more than 30 yrs of marriage, refinance is to buy him out of the house)

Spring is taking it's sweet time, but there are signs of it up here, that is nice. There's still a lot of snow here & there, but even though it's brown and mushy, it still is good to see the grass!

Well, I'm off to straighten up some half packed boxes, and other sorting and packing clutter. The appraiser for the home inspection comes tomorrow morning and it would be nice if some of this was contained.

Maggie and Lynn, hope that you post pics of the Columbine, I'd like to see it!

As for Disney World - I've never been, LOL. Hmmmm, maybe I should go there when this is all over for a celebration...that could be fun!
Are you going to move out of that house, or are you just doing all this for the refinance? You said you were packing - is that just to get rid of clutter or are you packing up "his" stuff?

I'll take pictures of the beds as soon as they get planted tomorrow. I noticed last night that my Esperanza is starting to put on new leaves way down by the roots. I thought that it was gone and I bought another one to replace it, so now, not sure where I'm going to put the new ones that I got. I think I have my Milkweed out front too and I need to bring that to the back yard.
International Art & Soul