Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-21-2014, 09:27 PM   #1521
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Waving hello to you all.

I am still in Colorado- heading home tomorrow. I have had very limited Wifi- so could log on to FB and write one note and get bumped off.......

Will write more and read up more tomorrow nite or Tuesday nite after work.

Missing you all : )

Shelly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:12 AM   #1522
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Friends!

Woo Hoo! Lovely new wheels Maggie!

Lynn, enjoy your trip!

AWESOME news, Kelly! We ALL knew your little man would slay that big ol' Goliath!

Maxine, don't blow away!

Shelly, we've been missing you, too, but hope you had a great time! Travel home safely!

Barb, how are you doing? You're mighty quiet.

Hugs for all!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 09-22-2014, 06:28 AM   #1524
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Love the new car Maggie-no more issues with AC!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2014, 07:01 AM   #1525
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ditto what sweet Jeanette said!

Good morning, all!

Major issues already on a Monday morning but one day at a time, sweet Jesus ... that's all I'm asking ... Amen?!

Maggie, I had an after thought about your dd and the 1D concert! OMG, we've been to them all! LOL! My dd15 is the biggest UBER fan! She's dragged me to all three here in Miami,and the one that's the last leg of their tour on Oct. 5th. We had to buy the tickets ....... ready for this ......... over a year ago! They sold out in 8 seconds flat. We ere able to score floor seats ... or pit ... whatever that means. It was her bday gift (last year!) and she's waited (a year!) to use them. Oh the girl is about to go bananas. I looked up what pit means since I was on the phone trying to find row seats and dh beat me to it and got pit ... it's going to be a LONG LONG LONG LOOOOOOONG night! But she is over the moon happy, so I guess I will be, too The things we do for our kids, LOL.

Hugs all around ♥
DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn, mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:18 PM   #1526
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Oh Goodness, Maggie - your car is gorgeous!! I love the color! My husband has the same car - hee hee! Except his is the hatchback - and lime green! (don't ask -- it was the only one on the lot when he went and he refused to get the dark purple!) Enjoy girl, anyone deserves some happy wheels, it's YOU!

Thank you all for the lovely wishes -- my son did very well! We were so proud of him . I will not admit to how terrified I was! I literally was shaking and as soon as he did all the tests, passed each one with good marks, I got so teary eyed. He told me he could do it. And he did! Thank you so much for the good thoughts and cheering him on!

I'm dashing through - sending love to all and will catch up in the morning after school(s)!
I saw your DH's car at the dealer on the lot. Oh, I didn't see a dark purple one or I would surely have bought that one! I asked the salesman who came up with the colors that they chose for their cars.

Congrats to your little man on doing so well with his tests. Determination!
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-22-2014, 04:20 PM   #1527
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Blowing a gale here - we have been told to expect winds of up to 100 kph, easing tonight, and then the temperature dropping to -1oC overnight i.e. a good frost!! At least it is currently not raining and the sun is also shining

I got four cards made over the weekend but cannot blog them as three are DT's, and one is a replica of something I have already made and blogged......
Frost! I thought you were moving into Summer, not Winter!

Congrats on getting so much work done. I need to buckle down and get busy this week after I visit blogs tonight.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #1528
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Love the new car Maggie-no more issues with AC!!!!!!!!!!
Yes! It's fabulous. In this one there is a temperature gauge, so I can turn the knob and program it to be whatever temp I want. I'm so happy not to be dealing with that A/C anymore.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:29 PM   #1529
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Ditto what sweet Jeanette said!

Good morning, all!

Major issues already on a Monday morning but one day at a time, sweet Jesus ... that's all I'm asking ... Amen?!

Maggie, I had an after thought about your dd and the 1D concert! OMG, we've been to them all! LOL! My dd15 is the biggest UBER fan! She's dragged me to all three here in Miami,and the one that's the last leg of their tour on Oct. 5th. We had to buy the tickets ....... ready for this ......... over a year ago! They sold out in 8 seconds flat. We ere able to score floor seats ... or pit ... whatever that means. It was her bday gift (last year!) and she's waited (a year!) to use them. Oh the girl is about to go bananas. I looked up what pit means since I was on the phone trying to find row seats and dh beat me to it and got pit ... it's going to be a LONG LONG LONG LOOOOOOONG night! But she is over the moon happy, so I guess I will be, too The things we do for our kids, LOL.

Hugs all around ♥
So happy that you were able to get the tickets to One Direction, but I think it was Lynn's DD and girls that were going to see them. I'm seeing TSO in December and my DD that lives here invited me to go with them next year in February and May I think to see Cirque de Soleil and Music Man. I'm excited. It's nice that she is inviting me to outings with them because she didn't used to do that, so of course I go!
Old 09-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #1530
Quacker Stamper

I had some issues yesterday with my left eye. Went to the Opthalmologist this afternoon. He says I have eye herpes which is like the herpes that gives you cold sores, not the other nasty one. He says that they see a lot of it this time of the year. He gave me a few pills to take and I have to go back to see him tomorrow afternoon. It's feeling much better today, but still a little scratchy feeling. If untreated though it can cause cornea problems, so don't want to go there. Glad I went because I did think it was better and thought about canceling the appointment.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:45 PM   #1531
Mad Swapper

Yes Maggie - we get frosts here quite frequently in spring - and can have the odd one mid-summer too, to the bain of the gardeners!
At least the wind has gone and I have spent the morning on the deck in the sun, sorting out some bobbin lace I have not touched for years, and then doing a pattern repeat or so Bliss!
Old 09-23-2014, 05:07 AM   #1532

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #1534
Mad Swapper

It is sunny and cheerful here, so your Wednesday will be good, too
We were without internet for over 6 hours yesterday - the ISP was down , but all good now, thankfully.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:48 PM   #1535
Quacker Stamper

Glad that your Internet is back up Maxine. I hate when mine goes down for any reason.

Went back to the doctor today. My eye is feeling 100% better. He gave me a scrip for the pills. The one he gave me yesterday that he said not to fill was for drops. I think that was in case the pills didn't work. Without knowing that I had a steroid shot about 6 weeks ago in my arm, he told me that those can sometimes trigger an episode like I had so he said if I have to get another shot in the future, to make sure that I take one of my pills. I dropped the scrip off at the Pharmacy and will pick it up tomorrow after work since I still have some of the pills he gave me. Curious about how much it's going to cot me. I am rapidly approaching the $3000 deductible limit for my HSA.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:12 PM   #1536
Proud Fan Club Member

Back HOME!!! I had a great time in Colorado and Utah- we went hiking daily and put a few miles on the knees and hips : ) But, I KEPT UP!!! Yeah! Saw some Gorgeous scenery- 3 National Parks and a bautiful area that should be on in just 4 days!

Our first plane was late, so missed the connecting flight- we were put up in a hotel by the airline and when we got on the next plane at the crack of dawn, I realized we did not have our good camera.......Oh No! We filed reports with the airline and with United, got an e-mail Sunday that they would keep looking and would get back to us in 2 weeks or if it turned up....... Yikes!

I picked out a new camera- $1200.00 too......hehehe

My son's girlfriend suggested we file a police report, and they called us the next AM and said the camera was in the lost and found at the airport- who had just e-mailed us they had not found it...so we got it back! Although, to pick it up, the time it took, we missed our flight to Chicago..... My husband tried to get back- ran and was dripping in sweat- and was so disgusted! We got the last two seats on standby on the very next plane, so I told him not only is he lucky, but we are also quite blessed- especially to get a camera back- that rarely happens we were told.

Missed you all- and geepers- I am so far behind on commenting- I will do my best to catch up! Oh- I left my computer at my son's in Colorado accidentally..... Message from above maybe??? Oh Boy!

I told my son to get his GF flowers for hostessing us for all of those days and being so lovely to us. She is darling I tell you- and just saw the flowers on instagram- good for him!

So, I see Lynn is jet setting to Pa...ow fun is that! Hope her trip is awesome and no flight issues : )

Maxine- bless your heart- hope everything heals as it should and no further X-rays for you!

Kelly- awesome for your little guy to do well on his test- yeah! Glad you had a breather in your busy schedule too : )

Maggie- awesome car! Lucky you- we still have a van with no A/C ...but we do NOT live in Texas.... : ) Glad you got your eye diagnosed quickly- never heard of herpes in the eye after a shot......!

Jeanette- how are you and what is new with your daughter???

Barb- sounds like your ride was a huge success and the card making for Christmas cards sounds like a blast!

Darlene- the organizing sounds like it is successful and moving forward successfully : )

No- I have not heard back from Nancy- I e-mailed her and no reply- and nothing new on her blog either.....

Hugs to all!
Shelly
Old 09-23-2014, 11:10 PM   #1537
Mad Swapper

Our Kelly has won over at PDE Linky Party!!!!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:04 AM   #1538

Oh, oh, OH! It's Smoochy Day! (please Barb!!!)

Woo Hoo! Way to go, Kelly! CONGRATULATIONS on the win! (Maxine, thanks for letting us know!)

Welcome home, Shelly! Yikes! I'm glad you got your camera back! My daughter is continuing to adjust to the changes in her teaching position, so that seems to be filling her time rather than cultural adventures. That being said, she DID go on a 10-hour boat ride on the Yukon River on Saturday. She said it was beautiful... but she wished it had been a shorter trip.

Maggie, I'm so glad to hear your eye is doing better!

Barb, lovely greeting yesterday!

Maxine, I hate it when the internet is down. I hope it wasn't too big of a pain for you!

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:36 AM   #1539
SCS RAK Coordinator

It is Wednesday--time for Smooches........

Have a Wonderful Day!
Old 09-24-2014, 06:12 AM   #1540

YAY! Thank you, Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #1541
Quacker Stamper

Welcome home Shelly! Sounds like you had a fabulous trip. Glad that you were able to get the camera back. So now that you do, are you returning the new one. You're so lucky that the airline put you up in a hotel. Years ago when my DD was working for Continental I would fly standby and sometimes get stuck. That was not the most comfortable place to sleep.

A trip down the river sounds so relaxing, but that is a pretty long time to be on a boat. I hope it was the kind that had nice amenities - like a good dining room.

Congrats Kelly on your win and waving HI to all the rest of the Stamp Addicts.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #1542
Mad Swapper

Whoppee - Kelson has been discharged from the fracture clinic - still in the moon boot for another 10 days, but only for outdoors - just a shoe indoors will be fine. Thank you for your support .
Old 09-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #1543
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Whoppee - Kelson has been discharged from the fracture clinic - still in the moon boot for another 10 days, but only for outdoors - just a shoe indoors will be fine. Thank you for your support .
So happy to hear about Kelson's foot, Maxine. Glad that it's getting better.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #1544
Quacker Stamper

I was linking up a card to the Not Just Cards Challenge and saw my name as one of the Top 5 for my Inspector Em card. Got a new badge for my blog.
barbaralynn and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:54 PM   #1545
Proud Fan Club Member

Congrats on the graduation to your hubby Maxine! That seemed like a long haul!

Wahoo- congrats on the win Kelly : )

Maggie- I did not actually buy a new camera- just had one picked out. I told the neighbor I would take pictures at her wedding this Saturday, so wanted to have one for sure by then....so see- my hubby is doubly lucky and blessed and all!

I got my computer in the mail today- forgot it at my son's..... now I have my DT post up, I can get some commenting done- it is impossible on the Iphone for me anyway!

Waving hi to all

Shelly
Old 09-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #1546
Mad Swapper

Congrats to you, Maggie!! Well done

Glad to hear your camera and computer are now home safe and sound Shelly - and yes your hubby really is blessed .

Yes it was a long haul Shelly - nine and a half weeks and counting!
Old 09-25-2014, 04:13 AM   #1547
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Congrats on the graduation to your hubby Maxine! That seemed like a long haul!

Wahoo- congrats on the win Kelly : )

Maggie- I did not actually buy a new camera- just had one picked out. I told the neighbor I would take pictures at her wedding this Saturday, so wanted to have one for sure by then....so see- my hubby is doubly lucky and blessed and all!

I got my computer in the mail today- forgot it at my son's..... now I have my DT post up, I can get some commenting done- it is impossible on the Iphone for me anyway!

Waving hi to all

Shelly
Glad you got your computer back. Thanks for your comment on my blog.

I'm glad that you didn't spend all that money and then get your own camera back. I've been thinking of getting a new camera, but not one nearly as pricey as yours since I just take point and shoot photos.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:22 AM   #1548

Maxine, that is awesome news! I'm so glad!

Maggie, Congrats on the win and the "new badge"!

Shelly, I'm glad your laptop is back home where it belongs. (I can't comment from my iphone either.)

Waving at everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-25-2014, 06:28 AM   #1549
SCS RAK Coordinator

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:45 AM   #1550

Hi Barb... cute greeting!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #1551
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Another glorious day- it is in the mid 70's here- and just a little all sniffle....! I have a busy afternoon, work tomorrow, ten have a wedding on Saturday in Chicago.

My husband is taking a seminar on retirement- to see how we stand for now, and I am taking a seminar so I can tutor English at our local library- that starts Monday night. I am excited about that. Sometimes I get too enthusiastic and bite off more than I can chew, but that seems like something my heart wants me to do.

This afternoon, Bible study, then a doc appt- I still have tingling in my fingers- I do not know why- just getting used to it...... I'll see what the doc says today...

Have a great day!
Shelly
Old 09-26-2014, 05:45 AM   #1552

FYI, I'm going out of town later today and won't be home until late tomorrow evening........ so I'll see you again on Monday. Have a GREAT WEEKEND!

Shelly, I hope you get answers to your fingers! I had a similar experience many MANY years ago - the year my DD was born, in fact. They did all kinds of tests and ruled out a lot of really bad things. But they never found any answers. My fingers still tingle all the time - like my hand is asleep. I've gotten used to it.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-26-2014, 06:46 AM   #1553
SCS RAK Coordinator

Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:47 PM   #1554
Mad Swapper

Weird - I just refreshed the page and there were lots more posts and I did not get a notification........

Spent some time in the studio yesterday, and then discovered that one of the cards I had made for an order couldn't go to that person as I had made a similar one for them earlier this year.....

As I was lacking in mojo, I went onto Pinterest and wow, I am on a roll today with one made, one under way and more in the pipeline (I need three this coming week for myself, never mind my orders

Hope your Dr's appt went well Shelly - Jeanette that sounds horrible to have constant tingling .

The starlings are well and truly nest building now - but they get so much in, then others come and grab their material - it's quite funny some mornings watching them.

Hugs and waves to you all.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:14 PM   #1555
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon. I am watching the final minutes of the Packer-Bear game--and it will be a great win for the Green and Gold!

We did the heart walk this morning in downtown Milwaukee--3 miles--and the weather was outstanding. Our temps have been in the high 70's all week and there is to be one more day of it--then on Tuesday back to the low 60's. The trees are really changing pretty fast and they are stunning this year. We went for a hike in a state forest yesterday--gotta enjoy the weather outside for as long as we can!
Old 09-28-2014, 01:27 PM   #1556
Mad Swapper

Spring is springing here - with another windy day - not as bad as last week though. Some rain overnight, but not a lot.

I got 6 cards made over the weekend - wohoo for me, my mojo has returned

Hope you are not all buried under leaves.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #1557
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Happy Sunday to all : )

Yes Barb, we only watched the 1st half, but I picked the Pac in our no reward pool and my hubby picked the Bears. So, even though the Bears lost, I beat him (and he is really competitive, so I am smiling : ))

Just back from a walk with the dog- it is beautiful out and the trees are turning- the Honey Locusts are all yellow and loosing their leaves.....

We went to a wedding yesterday- it was beautiful- neighbor girl we have known since she was about 5....... She looked just gorgeous!

Yes Jeanette, they really do not know what is up- probably a pinched nerve, but she is giving me B-12 as my level was low normal- to see if it helps. Since it is water soluble, if it helps I need a shot daily for 5 days. It did not really do anything. I guess if that is the cause of tingly fingers, it will help. I am getting used to it and as long as I heard no surgery, I am calmer about it..... Hope you had a great trip!

Whoa- Maxine you are on a roll! I will have to get to your blog alot as you post them....!

Barb- cute dancing kitties (ha chew......I am allergic)

Maggie- hope your eye is better! One of the ladies at the wedding is from Dallas- she said it was 70 there when she left- really! That is cool for Texas

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Shelly
Old 09-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #1558
Pearl-ExPert

Short check in. Still in Pennsylvania but flying back to austin in the morning and will be home on tuesday. Will holler then. Sounds like everyone is doing great. Have had a fabulous time.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:33 AM   #1559

I'm home (had very productive planning meetings) and also survived the busy Sunday - though the real test will be next Sunday. Yikes! It's going to be a busyier than busy day!

Find Me on Instagram