Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #1481
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:51 PM   #1482
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Maxine, many prayers dear friend! That's terribly scary that it had a fracture and you weren't even aware! I am hopeful that your body receives a miracle of healing and you do not need to have it rebroken and/or surgery!

And feel better with your back! YOu need to stay put, girl! Hoping dh stays off those crutches and heals up nicely, too!

Waving hi -- sorry to post and dash, but it's been absolutely, 100%, unbelievably CAH-RAZY 'round here.

(((((((((((((( group hug! )))))))))))))))))
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 09-18-2014, 06:38 AM   #1483
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, you just really have your plate full with all the medical issues right now! I'm glad your husbands foot is healing and hope and pray it's all proper so nothing else has to be done. Your poor wrist!! Hopefully they can get that stabilized too. And now your back......I know how painful a back problem can be! Please take care and just take it easy for a while.

I haven't even told y'all but I'm flying out of here into the wild blue yonder on Monday!!!!! I'm so excited I'm pretty much beside myself over the whole thing! One of my blogging friends, Tammy, has been wanting to meet me and have me come visit.....so I'm flying to Pennsylvania and going to be spending the week with her! I'll leave here on Monday and drive to my brothers and then fly out of Austin on Tuesday morning. I'll be back the following Monday - to Austin and then on home the next day! I haven't flown in probably 15 years so this will be an adventure for sure! LOL! Any tips from you world travelers out there?????
Old 09-18-2014, 07:29 AM   #1484
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

OH LYnn, that is SOOO exciting!! You two seem like two peas in a pod - I can imagine your meet up with be filled with laughter and crafts and all things good!

One tip: Leave early! LOL! Call ahead, make sure all the flights are still in order
and have a great time!

Waving to all - early dismissal (school gets out half day) so I'm off!
Old 09-18-2014, 08:10 AM   #1485
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Have a Terrific Thursday!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #1486
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, I wonder what happened to Nancy, if she hasn't been posting. I hope she's okay. And speaking of okay......... YIKES! I sure wish your car were okay!

Darlene, YAY! So happy to hear you humming!!! I'm with Maggie, give Bill a deadline and then donate. You need to be able to have closure.

Lynn, how' it going? It is good to see you!

Shelly, thanks for asking about DD. She's doing okay. Funny thing is, her weather/temperatures have been about the same as ours these past few days - mid 50's. Weird. Of course, she also has fall-colored leaves - we don't yet. And she purchased her snow pants yesterday - we won't be needing those. So, reality is... she's in Alaska and it's going to get cold!

We talked yesterday - she had gone to the river in hopes of getting another free salmon - she's had 4-5 now - and the buckets are gone............. so no more free salmon this year. She does have a lot of it in her freezer though..... so she'll be good for a while.

It was kind of sad last night. For the past few years, she and I have watched Miss America together - albeit in different states, but we would text each other throughout... talking about what we liked and what we didn't. It was tradition. BUT.......... in the bush, they don't get Miss America live, they will see it later. So we didn't get to watch it together last night.

Oh... and her job has sort of changed. She now has 5 SpEd English classes....... and also coordinates the SpEd work of all of the secondary students - writing lessons for the para's to implement. She's been VERY busy. She will also have to re-write the IEP's for ALL of the secondary education SpEd students throughout this year.

FYI - I'm leaving tomorrow morning for an out-of-state trip. I'll have no internet/computer with me... so I will be missing on SCS for a few days. I'll be back by the weekend, though.
Don't know what happened to Nancy. Has Shelly heard from her - gotten a response to her PM. If there's some issue, I hope she'll let us know one way or the other.

My car is finally OKAY!!!!!! After a few more hiccups over the weekend, I got it back yesterday and everything is in working order! Yeah! I did miss my garage door opener when I got home last night - no where in the car or in my purse or tote. They found it in the loaner car that I used. I guess it just fell out of my purse and I didn't notice it.

Sorry you didn't get to chat with your DD during the Miss America pageant. You could have DVR'd it and waited until it was on TV for her and then watched it. Sounds like she is doing really well in her job. It's probably good for her to be so busy.

My GF and I just got some fresh, frozen salmon. I'm anxious to cook one of them. They are big though - half of a fish in filet form.

Have a fun time on your trip.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #1487
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning--I finally get back into the craft room today and it seems like weeks since I have been there. I am heading to stamp class this morning--Religious Christmas Cards-Stamp a Stack of 12 cards. Then, I get to play in my stamp room after that. I have a plan to do a bit of reorganizing--moving my Big Shot and dies to a counter closer to my stamp table while moving scrapping items farther away--and then I will get inky!

Have a Wonderful Monday!
Hope you had a fun time creating! I've been remiss about being in my stamp room. I have 2 DT cards that are due - one tomorrow night so I need to be in there. The one for tomorrow is a Christmas image so should be fun. The other one is all colored and just needs to be put together. Great to get reorganized.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #1488
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning, all! I was paroled today! LOL! The elem school computers were down so my volunteer work wasn't going to happen - off I went and happy to be home for these hours!

Ladies, I will be listing a lot of my stamps for sale if you would like to see some of them before they hit the B/S/T! I can email you the link as I'd love for them to go to happy homes ♥ I will have pictures etc but most are at cost, brand new or barely used -- time to send them to another home!

Oh Maggie and Jeanette's dd have me drooling with the salmon -- I love Salmon! That's the one reason I could never be Vegan - I love my seafood!
That's so sweet about your time with Miss America - there were people saying on the radio this am that she didn't have a 'real' talent and should not have won. Seriously, just be nice! I'm not sure I could flip cups around and sing Happy! And it's the 3rd year for New York to win - that's incredible odds! you'll always have the memories of the show together and that counts for a lot

Darlene - you go girl! Sounds like you are making progress! Baby steps, I say! It's so good to see you posting, even if it's just when ya can!

Maggie, good heavens girl! That car! You have me in stitches and it's not even funny! I just cannot believe one person's bad luck with cars - and your poor frozen food! I hope you made it home in time!

Hi Shel! Yes my back is better, thanks for asking - it lasted about 3 days and I still do not even know what I did, lol. It's sad, but I can't afford to be sick or off my feet - things would be disasterous! I hope you get some rest from the job ~ a lady called in the station today talking about her job as a ER nurse (yes, I spent hours in the car all day, every day - I hear a lot of stories, loL!) saying it will be a good 14 hours sometimes before she can even go potty! Like she's that busy - she has to wait til she finishes her shift! Dude, I've had 4 kids ... that would be a disaster for me, LOL!!!

Waving to everyone!!
Kelly, you are one busy lady. Glad that you were able to get a little bit of time off this week.

I've also got a ton of stamps that I'm going to sell. A GF is going to have a garage sale sometime and I thought I'd try to sell some there. I've never tried that before and I'm not really concerned much about how much they sell for. I figure a few $$ is better than them just sitting in boxes in my house. Maybe I can drum up some business this way - get people interested in the whole stamping thing.

So glad that I finally got my car back. And it's already to sell or trade. Still haven't decided which way I'm going, but I'm hoping to go look at a couple new cars this coming Saturday. Oh yes, the food made it home just fine on Saturday. In fact, we ate the ice cream on Sunday and it didn't even look like it had thawed at all before being frozen.

That's so ridiculous that someone would not be able to have a potty break all day. At my age, that certainly wouldn't work.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:39 AM   #1489
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
I agree, send the link please Kelly - at least I can daydream - and please slow down.

Jeanette - enjoy your trip and safe travels - looking forward to seeing you back. Oh and I too am drooling over the thought of the salmon..

Maggie, I can't believe the woes you and your car are having!! Not funny.

Darlene - give the man a deadline and keep to it - otherwise you will never be free of his 'stuff', although in saying that I know it is easier said than done, especially if you are trying to keep the peace between other family members.

Lynn I hope your lull is temporary - I too have been in a bit of a lull and now I am way behind on my cards for family members this month - will be posting one of the class cards as soon as the class is over this afternoon!

Hope your craft time has been profitable Barb.

Raining here now spring has hit, so I am getting some studio time, but I have class today so not much chance....

DH is now walking with the moonboot but without crutches We will know how things are going Thursday when we go back to the fracture clinic - they will be x-raying the leg to see how he is healing.

I have done my back a mischief between the shoulder blades, so I am off to the doctor tomorrow, as it is over a week since I first noticed it. The joys of age.... thankfully cardmaking is not too strenuous

Darn, have just had a phone call from the doctors - the x-ray I had on my left wrist last week has shown a small fracture there - it is healing, but still painful, so it is another thing to go onto the list tomorrow when I go in...

Waving gingerly to you all
I am very surprised how patient and calm I have been through this whole ordeal with the car. I figure it's because I know that I'm not having to pay for it. The mechanic ate the cost of the fuse box that they installed. I think it was because they caused the problem when they changed out the battery. I told them they should have put it through, but if it were their fault, then the warranty wouldn't have covered it and I certainly wasn't going to pay for it.

Glad to hear that DH is doing better with his walking. I hope he got some good news today about it

Ouch! So sorry about your wrist. I hope that the doctor can do something for it without any kind of surgery.

It looks like my DD will be having surgery on her right arm/shoulder in a few weeks. She went to the orthopedist yesterday and got the results of her MRI. There are a number of issues with it including now frozen shoulder. He said that they can't do anything surgically until the inflamation goes down so they gave her a shot yesterday. I'm thinking that it was a cortisone shot like I get for my bursitis.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #1490
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi All - I am back from the doctors and as the bone has healed, it's a case of wait and see if the discomfort subsides, and if it doesn't, then it will be surgery to have it re-broken and set correctly... I am also to have x-rays on my right wrist (?a small break after a fall on the wet deck ) and my back as it is also painful. I don't think I have ever had so many x-rays as I have had this year - and yes there is a possibility that I have osteoporosis .

So glad I have card making as a hobby
Oh my! You sure have been having the issues with the broken bones. I hope that they all heal up without having surgery.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #1491
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Maxine, you just really have your plate full with all the medical issues right now! I'm glad your husbands foot is healing and hope and pray it's all proper so nothing else has to be done. Your poor wrist!! Hopefully they can get that stabilized too. And now your back......I know how painful a back problem can be! Please take care and just take it easy for a while.

I haven't even told y'all but I'm flying out of here into the wild blue yonder on Monday!!!!! I'm so excited I'm pretty much beside myself over the whole thing! One of my blogging friends, Tammy, has been wanting to meet me and have me come visit.....so I'm flying to Pennsylvania and going to be spending the week with her! I'll leave here on Monday and drive to my brothers and then fly out of Austin on Tuesday morning. I'll be back the following Monday - to Austin and then on home the next day! I haven't flown in probably 15 years so this will be an adventure for sure! LOL! Any tips from you world travelers out there?????
What fun trip for you! Have a great time! At least you are going before the really cold weather sets in. Pack light depending on what airline you are flying on. If Southwest, then don't worry about it, bags fly free!
Old 09-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #1492
Mad Swapper

Enjoy your time Lynn - I would love to visit Pennsylvania, I have read heaps about it in the Amish fiction that is flooding the market these days. I have not done any flying for years now - last trip was to Australia with DD about 6 years ago.

So glad to hear that your car is now o.k. Maggie - and that you have not had any costs to bear.

Kelly I still don't know how you can keep going the way you do!!

Darlene, Barb and Shelly - waving to you all.

The right wrist x-ray is not back yet, the Dr didn't seem to know what was up with my back so nothing done at this point, but I will push it is it continues, which it has done so far. The left wrist has healed, but not in the right alignment, so like Kelly I am praying that it will not need surgery.

To top it all off I have developed a horrible spring cold , and have been sneezing and snuffling and generally uncomfortable for the last 18 hours or so, so I am going back to my chair and book and ignoring life for another few hours.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:33 PM   #1493
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, glad you car is finally fixed - and you have the garage door opener back!!!! YEA!!! Sorry about your daughter and the upcoming surgery but if that's the only way to get back on track with the shoulder, that's good.

Maxine, bless your heart! You've really been having the health issues for sure. Just get plenty of rest and hope that cold goes away soon.

Kelly, yes, I'm VERY excited!!!! Can't wait and already know we'll have a ton of fun. Oh, and Maggie, to my sorrow I'm flying Delta. I always have flown on Southwest but they don't even go to Harrisburg any more. They go to Philadelphia and then you have to change airlines. I didn't want to go through all that business of trying to find another terminal, etc. so am going on Delta. I'll have layovers in Georgia going and then Detroit coming home. Don't have to change airlines but will have to change flights. Hopefully I can handle that though. LOL!
Old 09-19-2014, 06:52 AM   #1494
Swapper of the Month March 2013

I'm home from my trip - had a MARVELOUS time!

Maxine, I'm sorry you're dealing with so many health issues. (((HUGS)))

Kelly, I thought it was against the law (federal law) not to schedule breaks and meal time for full-time employees. How does that nurse's work get around that?

Maggie, I'm so glad your car is now fixed!

Lynn, have a fun trip! Sounds GREAT!!!

Barb, you were sure quiet while I was gone. Did you miss me?

Shelly, how are you doing?

Waving to everyone!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #1495
SCS RAK Coordinator

I did miss you Jeanette!
Old 09-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #1496
SCS RAK Coordinator

mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:36 AM   #1497

awwww... I missed you, too, Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:37 AM   #1498
SCS RAK Coordinator

Thanks Jeanette!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #1499
Mad Swapper

Hi everyone - waving!! - wanted to put a waving icon up but cannot find one...

Anyways, the cold is now slowly abating, and the x-ray on my right wrist was clear... still not the most comfortable though, nor is my back - the doctor may see me again sooner rather than later.

We have election day here today and the weather is icy cold and raining, with a patch of sunshine at the moment... weird. So glad we cast our votes early and don't have to go out. I know why it is 'sunning' - I put the washing in the drier!!

Hoping to get out to the studio later - great to see you here again Jeanette , and wishing you all a great weekend
Old 09-20-2014, 03:21 AM   #1500

Maxine, it sounds like some baby steps towards feeling better might be happening. Please take care of yourself and get better soon!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #1501
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI all -lots of snuggles and love in here! Perfect!

Shelly, have you returned home yet? Safe travels!

Welcome back, Jeanette! I have no idea the answer to your question, lol -- but imagine if you a trauma nurse or ER worker, you can't put emergencies on hold to go potty

And, ladies .....................

I covet your prayers today for my son. He's facing a battle today - metaphorically speaking - of which is he fearful but charging forward. He's testing for his 2nd degree in TaeKwanDo. He's prepared. He's worked hard for this for 2 years. But it is grueling and demanding and one small slip up - it's all for naught. He has to do the form, break boards, flip num-chucks (sp?), etc. Spot on. I feel he can do this! He told me a few years ago that he would 'slay his Goliath' - I'm praying for just that tonight! At 7 pm, my baby will face that Goliath once again ...............

Thanks for listening ♥ I"ll keep you posted.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:49 AM   #1502

Hi Kelly... praying for your little man. Facing Goliath can be fearful. I will look forward to hearing how well your son does.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-20-2014, 02:08 PM   #1503
Mad Swapper

Praying, Kelly, that your son acquits himself well and is proud of his results.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #1504
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, that son of yours will do just great - no matter!!!! I'd just be so proud of him for getting this far - and he should be very proud of himself too! Be sure and let us know the results!!!

My daughter blew through here yesterday evening and left today. She's taking the girls to a One Direction concert in the city. Can't believe she drove 7 1/2 hours for that!!! HA! The girls are so excited they can't stand it though. The concert isn't until Sunday so they're spending the night in the city tonight and then go shopping some before all the action starts. It was good to see them even if it was only for a little while.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #1505

Lynn, it sounds like they are going to have a fun weekend... and the bonus was you got to see all of them.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-21-2014, 06:33 AM   #1506
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, just saw on FB........new wheels? If so, YEA! And very pretty!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:10 PM   #1508
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, so glad you got the new car! WOOHOO!!! What kind is it?

Just stopping by to tell everyone bye and I'll check back after the 1st!
Old 09-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #1509
Mad Swapper

What a car Maggie - I am drooling!! Looks wonderful and so classy You go girl, and watch your speed
Old 09-21-2014, 01:24 PM   #1510
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Enjoy your time Lynn - I would love to visit Pennsylvania, I have read heaps about it in the Amish fiction that is flooding the market these days. I have not done any flying for years now - last trip was to Australia with DD about 6 years ago.

So glad to hear that your car is now o.k. Maggie - and that you have not had any costs to bear.

Kelly I still don't know how you can keep going the way you do!!

Darlene, Barb and Shelly - waving to you all.

The right wrist x-ray is not back yet, the Dr didn't seem to know what was up with my back so nothing done at this point, but I will push it is it continues, which it has done so far. The left wrist has healed, but not in the right alignment, so like Kelly I am praying that it will not need surgery.

To top it all off I have developed a horrible spring cold , and have been sneezing and snuffling and generally uncomfortable for the last 18 hours or so, so I am going back to my chair and book and ignoring life for another few hours.
Gosh Maxine! So sorry that you're having all those health issues. I hope you don't have to have surgery and sorry about the cold. I think I'd do the same thing. Hope you're taking some good meds for it. Maybe some Vit. C - lots of it.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #1511
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, glad you car is finally fixed - and you have the garage door opener back!!!! YEA!!! Sorry about your daughter and the upcoming surgery but if that's the only way to get back on track with the shoulder, that's good.

Maxine, bless your heart! You've really been having the health issues for sure. Just get plenty of rest and hope that cold goes away soon.

Kelly, yes, I'm VERY excited!!!! Can't wait and already know we'll have a ton of fun. Oh, and Maggie, to my sorrow I'm flying Delta. I always have flown on Southwest but they don't even go to Harrisburg any more. They go to Philadelphia and then you have to change airlines. I didn't want to go through all that business of trying to find another terminal, etc. so am going on Delta. I'll have layovers in Georgia going and then Detroit coming home. Don't have to change airlines but will have to change flights. Hopefully I can handle that though. LOL!
Lynn, hope you have a fabulous trip and no airport issues.

After driving my car Friday and doing some errands yesterday morning driving around for over 2 hours to different places, I realized that it is really still NOT working like new. It cools, but doesn't get cold. Decided that I needed to do something about it and it was NOT taking it somewhere else to be looked at. It had it's day. As I was looking back over old invoices, I realized that I had taken it in to the dealer about 2 years after I got it because it was not cooling. Not sure that they finally did for it then. I have been looking online at a couple different cars and emailing with a couple of different sales people about cars. I was learning toward the Ford Fiesta and the Nissan Versa. I was already pre-approved for Ford, so decided to go there first. That was it. I spent 4 hours out there looking at cars, test driving one of them and working the numbers to see what the bottom line was going to be. I had told him up front that I wanted to go look at another car, but after driving the car I really loved the way it handled - drove like a dream. I got them to do me a little better deal than they offered at first so I decided to just do it and I bought it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fiesty.jpg (39.7 KB, 3 views)
barbaralynn and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #1512
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
HI all -lots of snuggles and love in here! Perfect!

Shelly, have you returned home yet? Safe travels!

Welcome back, Jeanette! I have no idea the answer to your question, lol -- but imagine if you a trauma nurse or ER worker, you can't put emergencies on hold to go potty

And, ladies .....................

I covet your prayers today for my son. He's facing a battle today - metaphorically speaking - of which is he fearful but charging forward. He's testing for his 2nd degree in TaeKwanDo. He's prepared. He's worked hard for this for 2 years. But it is grueling and demanding and one small slip up - it's all for naught. He has to do the form, break boards, flip num-chucks (sp?), etc. Spot on. I feel he can do this! He told me a few years ago that he would 'slay his Goliath' - I'm praying for just that tonight! At 7 pm, my baby will face that Goliath once again ...............

Thanks for listening ♥ I"ll keep you posted.
I hope all went well for your son last night Kelly and he was a Royal David. It is a trial when you are all prepared and have to perform.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #1513
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Kelly, that son of yours will do just great - no matter!!!! I'd just be so proud of him for getting this far - and he should be very proud of himself too! Be sure and let us know the results!!!

My daughter blew through here yesterday evening and left today. She's taking the girls to a One Direction concert in the city. Can't believe she drove 7 1/2 hours for that!!! HA! The girls are so excited they can't stand it though. The concert isn't until Sunday so they're spending the night in the city tonight and then go shopping some before all the action starts. It was good to see them even if it was only for a little while.
What a fun weekend for you DD and girls. One Direction is a top group right now. I hear about them everywhere, but haven't heard any of their music as yet. Glad that you had a little bit of time to visit with them before your trip to PA.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #1514
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, just saw on FB........new wheels? If so, YEA! And very pretty!
Yep! Thanks Lynn. Love it and it has all kinds of warranties on it so I' not going to have to worry about anything for a long, long time, won't even have to pay for oil changes.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #1515
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, so glad you got the new car! WOOHOO!!! What kind is it?

Just stopping by to tell everyone bye and I'll check back after the 1st!
It's a 2014 Ford Fiesta. I asked the salesman what was the difference between the 2014 and 2015 and he said there really wasn't any difference except there are new colors. It's noted for it's engine. Has a lot of get up and go and drives great. I was driving over some bumps today and it just glides over them without any bumping around. Remember that Hyundai Elantra I drove and hated because it bounced all over the place. This is nothing like that. It has won driving awards and has a fabulous crash test report. I will be really safe in this car.
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:44 PM   #1516
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

What a car Maggie - I am drooling!! Looks wonderful and so classy You go girl, and watch your speed
LOL! You must know me very well Maxine. One of my favorite sayings when driving is "I feel the need for speed." I do love to drive fast, but I'm taking it easy on the little girl for the time being.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #1517
Quacker Stamper

Ugh! I'm having issues with my left eye. I guess it must be allergies. Feels like something is in it, but it's been tearing so much that I'm sure if something was in it, it would have washed out by now. I notice it a couple times over the last 2 weeks maybe, but today it is just constant. It's hard to do anything because sometimes I just have to keep that eye closed so it doesn't hurt so much. I'll call the doctor in the morning to see if he can fit me in to check it out and see what's going on.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:08 PM   #1518
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Goodness, Maggie - your car is gorgeous!! I love the color! My husband has the same car - hee hee! Except his is the hatchback - and lime green! (don't ask -- it was the only one on the lot when he went and he refused to get the dark purple!) Enjoy girl, anyone deserves some happy wheels, it's YOU!

Thank you all for the lovely wishes -- my son did very well! We were so proud of him . I will not admit to how terrified I was! I literally was shaking and as soon as he did all the tests, passed each one with good marks, I got so teary eyed. He told me he could do it. And he did! Thank you so much for the good thoughts and cheering him on!

I'm dashing through - sending love to all and will catch up in the morning after school(s)!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:24 PM   #1519
Mad Swapper

WoooHoo!!! Great news about your son Kelly
Old 09-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #1520
Mad Swapper

Blowing a gale here - we have been told to expect winds of up to 100 kph, easing tonight, and then the temperature dropping to -1oC overnight i.e. a good frost!! At least it is currently not raining and the sun is also shining

I got four cards made over the weekend but cannot blog them as three are DT's, and one is a replica of something I have already made and blogged......

Last edited by Kiwime; 09-21-2014 at 07:30 PM..