Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #1441
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
HI girls - Happy Sunday! I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and watching the rain fall - so pretty!

Thanks for the sweet words - dd is quite excited. I see I typed her best friend is Mr. Scratch - got that wrong, it's Mr. Stone -- apparently the Devil is Mr. Scratch, lol. Not an Opera I'd normally go see but these kids don't get to chose what the play will be and they are wildly talented, I'm sure it will be phenomenal.

LOL on the essays - Shel - I never even saw my oldest dd's! She submitted it lock, stock and barrel - then again, she wasn't running for the hills like my singer is I was honored that dd17 asked me to read hers - one of them was a bit 'out there' for me but the school was very specific on what the wanted. She nailed it, that's for sure.

Mag, How funny your DGD is applying to Florida State - so is mine Wouldnt' that be amazing if they were both there! WOW! FSU is her 2nd choice.

I don't know what I did to my back but Sat. morning I woke up unable to stand up. THe pain is still so very severe today. No church for me. It's starting to spread also. I thought maybe a kidney stone, having seen my dh go through a few of those, but no other symptoms other than the severe back/side pain. I sure hope this goes away.

Little man's birthday is Tuesday! He's turning double digits!!!!!! I can't believe he is going to be 10. He's nearly as tall as me, too. I'm a shortie - 5'3" but he's passed my chin already and he's only 9! We were planning to go out today to celebrate since Tuesday they all have school/rehearsal/Karate, etc ......... but I can't even stand up!

And this week starts the week of insanity - clubs, fee weeks, book fair, etc ... yikes!
Not a good week to be bedridden!

Wishing everyone a wonderful SONday! ♥
I don't know if DGD will apply to Florida STate or not. It depends on what she decides to do about her classes this year. If she doesn't take that math class then she won't be able to apply, but that would be really cool if they were both there at the same time.

Sorry about your pain. I hope it has cleared up. The paralegal that I work with went to the doctor today after being home sick yesterday with horrible pain. He thinks that she passed a kidney stone. She said she also had fever and chills.

Happy belated birthday to little man. I hope you were feeling well enough to celebrate.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-10-2014, 06:07 PM   #1442
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

HI girls - Happy Sunday! I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and watching the rain fall - so pretty!

Thanks for the sweet words - dd is quite excited. I see I typed her best friend is Mr. Scratch - got that wrong, it's Mr. Stone -- apparently the Devil is Mr. Scratch, lol. Not an Opera I'd normally go see but these kids don't get to chose what the play will be and they are wildly talented, I'm sure it will be phenomenal.

LOL on the essays - Shel - I never even saw my oldest dd's! She submitted it lock, stock and barrel - then again, she wasn't running for the hills like my singer is I was honored that dd17 asked me to read hers - one of them was a bit 'out there' for me but the school was very specific on what the wanted. She nailed it, that's for sure.

Mag, How funny your DGD is applying to Florida State - so is mine Wouldnt' that be amazing if they were both there! WOW! FSU is her 2nd choice.

I don't know what I did to my back but Sat. morning I woke up unable to stand up. THe pain is still so very severe today. No church for me. It's starting to spread also. I thought maybe a kidney stone, having seen my dh go through a few of those, but no other symptoms other than the severe back/side pain. I sure hope this goes away.

Little man's birthday is Tuesday! He's turning double digits!!!!!! I can't believe he is going to be 10. He's nearly as tall as me, too. I'm a shortie - 5'3" but he's passed my chin already and he's only 9! We were planning to go out today to celebrate since Tuesday they all have school/rehearsal/Karate, etc ......... but I can't even stand up!

And this week starts the week of insanity - clubs, fee weeks, book fair, etc ... yikes!
Not a good week to be bedridden!

Wishing everyone a wonderful SONday! ♥
I'm glad to hear that DD's foot is improving so he can kind of walk on it. I hope that he doesn't have any more problems with it.

It's great when Spring comes. I think that's my most favorite season of the year. All the flowers are blooming and the birds are singing. Sweet! Oh, I finally saw some Hummers at my feeders today. Not sure how many of them there are, but I saw 2 come together to one of the feeders. They even found one feeder that is hidden in the fig tree. I saw one out there. So happy that they have finally returned.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #1443
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning (barely!) Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I've been MIA for a very long time. First our DS was here visiting from out-of-state, so I was busy enjoying him. Then I left for an out-of-state trip to a funeral. Was gone for several days. I'm home again now, for a few days until I head out on another out-of-state trip.

I'm so far behind, I'm not going to try to catch up on the chatter in the threads, so if I missed something important, please let me know.
You are quite the traveller Jeanette.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #1444
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
no time to read now--I will when I get home........................

Good Afternoon--checking in from Minocqua, WI. We have had a couple of interesting days--lots of rain here in the northwoods. We spent an extra night in a hotel in Ashland because of heavy rains and storms and hail. We skipped going to the UP of Michigan to save some travel time and added a third night at the campground in Washburn. We are now in a log cabin until Wednesday morning, until we head for home. Biking is good and we even found a tennis court today that had a Pickleball court marked on it. It is good to sleep in a real bed for the final three nights--instead of the air mattress that has a small leak and is low on air every morning. All in All--a great vacation!
Glad that you are having a fun time in spite of the wicked weather. I'm sure I would be spending all my nights in hotels. I'd never be able to sleep on an air mattress and then I wouldn't be able to get up off the floor.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #1445
Quacker Stamper

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been missing a bit. It's been a very stressful 3 days. I don't think I can go into all of it or I'd take up two pages! I will say that my car is back in the repair shop, only this time I took it to a repair shop that I used to use with one of my previous cars so I really trust them 100%. I could tell on Monday morning when I was driving to PT that the A/C was not cooling down. I was so frustrated that I just wanted to cry so decided to take it somewhere else. I went by the repair place on my way home to see if they would have time to look at it on Tuesday. They said they would. My boss told me he would pick me up in the morning and bring me to work. He doesn't live far from there. I took it in early Tuesday. It wasn't even 7:30 when I got there. My boss was already there. They called me a little after noon to tell me what the problem was. It seems that there was a leak in the evaporator core. This is why I would say it wasn't fixed after they gave it back to me. They would fill it with freon while it was there, but after I took it home, it would still be leaking so in a day or so, it wasn't working again. They do have to wait for an adjuster to go check out the car before they can get started fixing it so the Warranty will kick in and pay for all this. Then it will take 12 hours of repair work, so not sure if I'll get it back by the weekend or not.

I had to get a rental car (also covered under warranty) and that was a hassle. The Warranty has a relationship with Enterprise, so that's who I had to call. They were a little confused and thought I needed them to call the repair shop, but no they needed to call the GM Warranty people to get the okay and the billing information from them. We made arrangement so they would come pick me up at 4:30 because I had plans for dinner last night and wanted to get this all taken care of without any problems. Should have known. Went downstairs to get picked up and no one came. Went back to the office at 4:45 to call them. On hold for almost 10 minutes. They were waiting for the girl I had talked to to come back. She had gone to pick up a car. Finally talked to her and she told me someone would be there in 10 minutes. Had to go call again after 20 more minutes. Finally got there at 5:15. After doing the paper work I was able to get out of there and on my way. Because of what time it was, I decided to go directly to the restaurant where we were meeting for dinner. It was ladies from my Book Club. We decided to meet for dinner instead of reviewing a book this month. Had a great time! Didn't get home until almost 9.

Oh, and the car they gave me is a Hyundai Elantra! I hope none of you have one of those. Worst car I've ever driven. It has a real rough ride and feels like it needs new shocks. It looks pretty though.
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #1446
Mad Swapper

Oh Maggie what a performance!! So glad the evening went well for you, once you got there.
How wonderful to have hummingbirds in your back garden
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:05 AM   #1447
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Hi Maggie! UGH! Sorry to hear of the continuing saga of the car!

Elantra........ I used to have one. We bought it brand new in 1999 and I drove it for 5 years, then my DD drove it for 2 years, and finally my DS drove it for another few years until it needed to be sold as he was moving many states away, with well over 200,000 miles on it. It was a FANTASTIC car... great ride, fairly quiet.... and cute! And did I mention, it was also the most INEXPENSIVE new car we've ever purchased. It was a GREAT deal!!!

I'm sorry to hear your rental Elantra is NOT that way. hmmmmmmmmmmm... wonder if they've changed, or if the one you have is a dud or the one I had was a fluke?

Hi Maxine!

Waving at everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 09-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #1448
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

So much going on so let me just say hi to everyone and yay for Maggie and her car - YGG! 9 pm - you party animal you

Sending a special prayer to those remembering someone special today - family, friends, rescue workers .... 13 years ago today, our country changed forever. And I think of those still fighting for our Freedom - I'm PROUD to be a military daughter.

(((( Love to all! ))))

DT:  The Project Bin
Old 09-11-2014, 02:46 PM   #1449
Mad Swapper

Hi Kelly, Jeanette - waving to you all. )
I think the whole world changed that day, not to minimise your grief, but it has affected many around the world! And in many ways has taught those of us who believe to trust the Lord more fully.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #1450
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Evening Ladies. I am checking in from home--YAY!!!! We got home yesterday and I spent the evening and this morning doing laundry and getting everything else cleaned and put away. This afternoon I made a few phone calls to make some appointments--car repair tomorrow, repairman to come for refrigerator and washer next week, another one to come for the hot tub and then a trip to the DMV to renew my license.

The vacation was great--pretty nice weather for early September. A few days of rain and it was pouring yesterday morning as we were loading the car and the bikes as well as the majority of the drive home.

I hope you all had a good Thursday!
Old 09-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #1451
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh Maggie what a performance!! So glad the evening went well for you, once you got there.
How wonderful to have hummingbirds in your back garden
I sit outside when I get home every night now and wait for them to come. I love to watch them. Two of them like to fly around together and then will fly through under the patio cover. One of my feeders is out hidden in the fig tree. I noticed today that they are really using that one. It's already almost 1/2 gone.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #1452
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi Maggie! UGH! Sorry to hear of the continuing saga of the car!

Elantra........ I used to have one. We bought it brand new in 1999 and I drove it for 5 years, then my DD drove it for 2 years, and finally my DS drove it for another few years until it needed to be sold as he was moving many states away, with well over 200,000 miles on it. It was a FANTASTIC car... great ride, fairly quiet.... and cute! And did I mention, it was also the most INEXPENSIVE new car we've ever purchased. It was a GREAT deal!!!

I'm sorry to hear your rental Elantra is NOT that way. hmmmmmmmmmmm... wonder if they've changed, or if the one you have is a dud or the one I had was a fluke?

Hi Maxine!

Waving at everyone else!
They don't make them like they used too and it is certainly not the most Inexpensive car on the road.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #1453
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi Kelly, Jeanette - waving to you all. )
I think the whole world changed that day, not to minimise your grief, but it has affected many around the world! And in many ways has taught those of us who believe to trust the Lord more fully.
AMEN, my friend! Beautifully said! Indeed the world changed but how wonderful we have that remarkable strength in us to march forward in spite of!

Oh Maggie, there must be a cartoon out there somewhere with you and car your woes Kinda like the old Family Circle - remember those? Except it would be you. And the car Hugs, girl -- but happy to hear you were able to meet up with the Book Club ladies and enjoy dinner!

I took Sept off from ours, as I'm swamped and already falling behind in every area - no time to read! The book this month was one I'd already read anyway
Old 09-12-2014, 04:18 AM   #1454
Quacker Stamper

My morning routine has changed. Now it's get up and do my arm stretching and some strength training. They more arm stretches in the afternoon. I only have 2 more PT visits next week and then I'm most likely on my own. Thinking about joining a gym and going in the mornings. Not sure if I can get that routine down.

I've got a sore spot on my throat, not scratchy, just a spot. It's not like the way my colds usually start and I feel okay otherwise.

MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:05 AM   #1455

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-12-2014, 06:11 AM   #1456
SCS RAK Coordinator

jimlynn likes this post.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #1457
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! Just a quick dash through as it's been a busy morning, well, busy WEEK!

Maggie, I do hope your arm strengthening works and you can continue on with what the PT teaches you, maybe continue on your own at home. Do you have a Curves near you? Not sure if that's local, or all over the place, but my good friend went there after her PT after a car accident. She says it's great because it's only 30 minutes and at her pace.

sending big hugs to all - I won't be on again until Monday so I wish you all a fabulous weekend!!!

*MUAH!*
Old 09-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #1458
Pearl-ExPert

Did y'all think I'd dropped off the face of the earth! LOL! Glad everyone seems to be doing ok and Barb, I loved the pic of the little doxies! CUTE!

Maggie, I feel for you and your card - hope someone can get it straightened out for you soon.

Nothing much going on around here. We finally got a little bit cooler this evening so that's nice. We were suppose to have "heavy rainfall".....so far - nothing! Just the way it is I guess.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #1459
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hello to all! It is chilly and rainy here- I am not turning the heat on yet- always get sick when I do that from my dust allergies...... It is in the 50's tonight : )

My Hubby is out of town this weekend, I am working, so enjoying the quiet house- just me and the dog...... we just walked in the rain...he does not enjoy the rain or getting wet, but I firmly encouraged the walk and once he figured out we were walking, he did not fight me on it- he has a stubborn streak! He is only 25# Cockapoo........named Peanut : )

I am working again tomorrow- hope I can drag myself out of bed by myself tomorrow- will set a couple of alarms :

Barb- the ride sounds awesome- 'cept for the air mattress...hehehehe If i is not too cold, I do not mind rain either......in China, we went on an all day bike ride in a mild rain- it was pretty neat.......

Maxine- how is the house hunt going for your son and family?

Maggie- no way- your AC is still leaking? I still do not have working A/C, but we decided to take it somewhere else as well, and then I got busy and have been driving the small Honda....we have 2 of us here and 3 vehicles...but we do need to try to get this figured out. Glad you are feeling better and the arm/shoulder is better. I am listening to TSO on the internet- beautiful music. We have hummingbirds too- guess they fly in pairs- so we have 2 pairs and they dive bomb each other at the feeder- these 4 tiny birds go thru about 1/2 cup sugar water a day......We love watching them!

Kelly- beautiful tribute to 9/11 . I was on the run all day, so missed all of the tributes : ( Until the news. How is your back doing? Hope you are felling better! So cool to hear about your DD's journey- it will be fun to see where she ends up next year. The play sounds awesome- Oh senior year...... I graduated early, but can say all three of the kids had senioritis...My brainy third one was even asking if she could sleep in and miss 1st hour.....

Jeanette- you have such a busy life too- hope you had a great visit with family! Yum- saw a delicious elephant ear on FB- got me hungry! I am with you about FB and Pintrest from the phone- I find it hard to blog hop or hit SCS on the phone though.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

I PM'd Nancy, but have not heard back from her.

Shelly
Old 09-13-2014, 04:39 AM   #1460

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-13-2014, 07:01 AM   #1461

Shelly, I saw your gorgeous card - with the smooched background - and confess, I have been drooling! You mentioned that you used one of the spritzing-style of hand sanitizers to help get the effect. Can you please tell me more........ I really want to try your technique, but can't figure out what your technique is.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-13-2014, 07:05 AM   #1462

Oops! Did I know we have a Nancy? (I went to the first page and found her listed.) I just added her to my blog list.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-13-2014, 11:12 AM   #1463
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi all! Just a quick dash through as it's been a busy morning, well, busy WEEK!

Maggie, I do hope your arm strengthening works and you can continue on with what the PT teaches you, maybe continue on your own at home. Do you have a Curves near you? Not sure if that's local, or all over the place, but my good friend went there after her PT after a car accident. She says it's great because it's only 30 minutes and at her pace.

sending big hugs to all - I won't be on again until Monday so I wish you all a fabulous weekend!!!

*MUAH!*
I do have a Curves close to me. I used to go there, but I don't think that their routine is what I need. I need to be doing stretching and strength training. I can probably use my Kathy Smith Workout with Weights DVD at home.

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:14 AM   #1464
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Did y'all think I'd dropped off the face of the earth! LOL! Glad everyone seems to be doing ok and Barb, I loved the pic of the little doxies! CUTE!

Maggie, I feel for you and your card - hope someone can get it straightened out for you soon.

Nothing much going on around here. We finally got a little bit cooler this evening so that's nice. We were suppose to have "heavy rainfall".....so far - nothing! Just the way it is I guess.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Glad that you are back with us! We were a little cooler and less humid this morning. Felt good. I have some plants to set out. Not sure if I'll get to that today. We had a lot of rain this morning, so it would probably be a good time. There are some plants in the front flower bed that I want to pull out.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:22 AM   #1465
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello to all! It is chilly and rainy here- I am not turning the heat on yet- always get sick when I do that from my dust allergies...... It is in the 50's tonight : )

My Hubby is out of town this weekend, I am working, so enjoying the quiet house- just me and the dog...... we just walked in the rain...he does not enjoy the rain or getting wet, but I firmly encouraged the walk and once he figured out we were walking, he did not fight me on it- he has a stubborn streak! He is only 25# Cockapoo........named Peanut : )

I am working again tomorrow- hope I can drag myself out of bed by myself tomorrow- will set a couple of alarms :

Barb- the ride sounds awesome- 'cept for the air mattress...hehehehe If i is not too cold, I do not mind rain either......in China, we went on an all day bike ride in a mild rain- it was pretty neat.......

Maxine- how is the house hunt going for your son and family?

Maggie- no way- your AC is still leaking? I still do not have working A/C, but we decided to take it somewhere else as well, and then I got busy and have been driving the small Honda....we have 2 of us here and 3 vehicles...but we do need to try to get this figured out. Glad you are feeling better and the arm/shoulder is better. I am listening to TSO on the internet- beautiful music. We have hummingbirds too- guess they fly in pairs- so we have 2 pairs and they dive bomb each other at the feeder- these 4 tiny birds go thru about 1/2 cup sugar water a day......We love watching them!

Kelly- beautiful tribute to 9/11 . I was on the run all day, so missed all of the tributes : ( Until the news. How is your back doing? Hope you are felling better! So cool to hear about your DD's journey- it will be fun to see where she ends up next year. The play sounds awesome- Oh senior year...... I graduated early, but can say all three of the kids had senioritis...My brainy third one was even asking if she could sleep in and miss 1st hour.....

Jeanette- you have such a busy life too- hope you had a great visit with family! Yum- saw a delicious elephant ear on FB- got me hungry! I am with you about FB and Pintrest from the phone- I find it hard to blog hop or hit SCS on the phone though.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

I PM'd Nancy, but have not heard back from her.

Shelly
Ugh on working this weekend, but I know you've had some time off during the week.

I have to say that the A/C is finally fixed!!!!!! Yeah! Only problem is now I'm having issues related to them putting it back together. I went yesterday morning early to get it and I couldn't get it out of park. Left it and took a loaner. Went back at lunchtime, gear shift worked, but the windshield wipers wouldn't work. Left it and took the loaner. Back after work. Went ahead and brought it home even though after I started to drive it, I noticed that the Intermittent wiper setting wasn't working; I had no dashboard lights; and the power door locks weren't working. I could live with that over the weekend and take it back in on Monday.

Today started out okay. Went to my GF's to pick up my salmon. I thought they would be small salmon steaks Instead they are large fillets, like 1/2 a fish. Can't wait to cook one up. Got that home and then went to do errands - first bank to deposit a check; then to cat vet to get bags of food. Last stop - HEB for groceries which included some ice cream and frozen meals. Went and got everything loaded into the car and then when I opened the driver's door, the alarm went off, so I shut that off, got in and started up the car - alarm went off again!!!!! I couldn't start the car without the alarm going off. First called to get a someone to come pick me up to take my groceries home. Got in touch with one of my niece's. Next, called the Repair Shop and got the number for the tow truck. Called tow truck to set up coming to get car, then called car rental to get them to come get me to get rental. All taking precious time. Niece finally got there, got groceries moved to her car and started on our way. I forgot I left my garage door opener in the car, so had to go back to get that. I was prepared when I unlocked the car for the alarm to go off, but it didn't!!! Then I got in and tried to start it, and it started okay without the alarm. Since the groceries were already in her car, she was going to take them and meet me over there. On my way I called the tow truck driver so he could go do something else. Couldn't believe it, but I beat my niece to my house. She took the long way. Called the car rental and cancelled that and then called the repair shop to let them know that I wasn't coming today, but would bring it in early on Monday. They will give me a loaner car so I can still make my PT appointment. Suzy, he said that the battery is hooked up right, but they are having problems with the fuse box, so now they are just going to change out the fuse box on Monday Sure hope this is still covered under the warranty. Then had to call the car rental and cancel that.

Home now and have tons to do. Don't plan to go anywhere except to church tomorrow. Kids are coming here for dinner.

Old 09-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #1466
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oops! Did I know we have a Nancy? (I went to the first page and found her listed.) I just added her to my blog list.
I have been visiting her blog all along, but she hasn't posted anything there or here for some time now.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:09 PM   #1467
Gabfest Goddess

Hi everyone!!!!

Guess what??? Today I cleared the boxes and assorted small furniture pieces, etc. that were in front of my stamping space and now I can actually use it!! I am so happy. I feel like I am getting my life back under control - somewhat.

Just don't look at my formal living room - that is the holding space for things that need to be repacked & stored. Plus there is a LOT of Bill's things there. Hopefully he collects his stuff soon.

Anyway, you can never know how much I've missed being online here and keeping in touch with all of you. I am literally humming and kind of skipping around the house here today - I'm that happy to feel like normalcy can return!

...Off to play with my neglected toys LOL. {{Super Big Hugs}} to each of you!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 09-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #1468
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hi everyone!!!!

Guess what??? Today I cleared the boxes and assorted small furniture pieces, etc. that were in front of my stamping space and now I can actually use it!! I am so happy. I feel like I am getting my life back under control - somewhat.

Just don't look at my formal living room - that is the holding space for things that need to be repacked & stored. Plus there is a LOT of Bill's things there. Hopefully he collects his stuff soon.

Anyway, you can never know how much I've missed being online here and keeping in touch with all of you. I am literally humming and kind of skipping around the house here today - I'm that happy to feel like normalcy can return!

...Off to play with my neglected toys LOL. {{Super Big Hugs}} to each of you!
Yay! Darlene. So glad to hear that you're finally able to see the end of the tunnel.

I know what I'd be doing with Bill's stuff! It seems to me that he's had more than enough time to come get his stuff. I'd give him a deadline and if it wasn't gone, I'd donate it to Goodwill or some other charity.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #1469
Pearl-ExPert

Morning everyone!

Darlene - good that you're making room for you now. Know that's a good feeling. Saw some photos of you on FB and the wedding celebration. Looks like you were having a blast!!

Barb - loved the picture of the three doxies! Too cute.

Shelly - the little doxie I had before Rambo was named Peanuts! I think all dogs are a little stubborn when it comes to walking in the rain or getting wet. LOL

Maggie, I'm STILL laughing about your car woes even though I know it's not funny to you! LOL!!! I'm thinking maybe your car is just possessed - and it's not even Halloween yet! You poor thing having to deal with all that. Sounds like maybe they got some wires crossed or something.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #1470
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Sunday! Stopping in to say hello in the morning.....! Wahoo

Hubby is headed home soon from his weekend of golfing. I slept in- went to bed pretty early for me : )

Today I am working on DT cards- as I will be heading to Colorado and Utah for a few days- leaving Wednesday...so I have lots to do! I work Monday and Tuesday, so I had best get BUSY!!!

We hung a hummingbird feeder right outside of the kitchen window- it is so fun to watch them. There are 2 pairs out there- 2 dive bomb each other- two never come to drink at the same time yet... I went out this AM to fill the feeder and one dive bombed me- jeepers! They are tiny and so fast!

Jeanette- what is your daughter up to? No new tales lately!

Have a great day to all

Shelly
Old 09-15-2014, 04:37 AM   #1471

Yep, it's Monday again.
Didn't we just have one of these a week ago???

Maggie, I wonder what happened to Nancy, if she hasn't been posting. I hope she's okay. And speaking of okay......... YIKES! I sure wish your car were okay!

Darlene, YAY! So happy to hear you humming!!! I'm with Maggie, give Bill a deadline and then donate. You need to be able to have closure.

Lynn, how' it going? It is good to see you!

Shelly, thanks for asking about DD. She's doing okay. Funny thing is, her weather/temperatures have been about the same as ours these past few days - mid 50's. Weird. Of course, she also has fall-colored leaves - we don't yet. And she purchased her snow pants yesterday - we won't be needing those. So, reality is... she's in Alaska and it's going to get cold!

We talked yesterday - she had gone to the river in hopes of getting another free salmon - she's had 4-5 now - and the buckets are gone............. so no more free salmon this year. She does have a lot of it in her freezer though..... so she'll be good for a while.

It was kind of sad last night. For the past few years, she and I have watched Miss America together - albeit in different states, but we would text each other throughout... talking about what we liked and what we didn't. It was tradition. BUT.......... in the bush, they don't get Miss America live, they will see it later. So we didn't get to watch it together last night.

Oh... and her job has sort of changed. She now has 5 SpEd English classes....... and also coordinates the SpEd work of all of the secondary students - writing lessons for the para's to implement. She's been VERY busy. She will also have to re-write the IEP's for ALL of the secondary education SpEd students throughout this year.

FYI - I'm leaving tomorrow morning for an out-of-state trip. I'll have no internet/computer with me... so I will be missing on SCS for a few days. I'll be back by the weekend, though.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-15-2014, 06:15 AM   #1472
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I finally get back into the craft room today and it seems like weeks since I have been there. I am heading to stamp class this morning--Religious Christmas Cards-Stamp a Stack of 12 cards. Then, I get to play in my stamp room after that. I have a plan to do a bit of reorganizing--moving my Big Shot and dies to a counter closer to my stamp table while moving scrapping items farther away--and then I will get inky!

Have a Wonderful Monday!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:15 AM   #1473
SCS RAK Coordinator

Jeanette--sounds like your daughter is getting more paper work!
Old 09-15-2014, 07:15 AM   #1474
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, all! I was paroled today! LOL! The elem school computers were down so my volunteer work wasn't going to happen - off I went and happy to be home for these hours!

Ladies, I will be listing a lot of my stamps for sale if you would like to see some of them before they hit the B/S/T! I can email you the link as I'd love for them to go to happy homes ♥ I will have pictures etc but most are at cost, brand new or barely used -- time to send them to another home!

Oh Maggie and Jeanette's dd have me drooling with the salmon -- I love Salmon! That's the one reason I could never be Vegan - I love my seafood!
That's so sweet about your time with Miss America - there were people saying on the radio this am that she didn't have a 'real' talent and should not have won. Seriously, just be nice! I'm not sure I could flip cups around and sing Happy! And it's the 3rd year for New York to win - that's incredible odds! you'll always have the memories of the show together and that counts for a lot

Darlene - you go girl! Sounds like you are making progress! Baby steps, I say! It's so good to see you posting, even if it's just when ya can!

Maggie, good heavens girl! That car! You have me in stitches and it's not even funny! I just cannot believe one person's bad luck with cars - and your poor frozen food! I hope you made it home in time!

Hi Shel! Yes my back is better, thanks for asking - it lasted about 3 days and I still do not even know what I did, lol. It's sad, but I can't afford to be sick or off my feet - things would be disasterous! I hope you get some rest from the job ~ a lady called in the station today talking about her job as a ER nurse (yes, I spent hours in the car all day, every day - I hear a lot of stories, loL!) saying it will be a good 14 hours sometimes before she can even go potty! Like she's that busy - she has to wait til she finishes her shift! Dude, I've had 4 kids ... that would be a disaster for me, LOL!!!

Waving to everyone!!
Old 09-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #1475
SCS RAK Coordinator

Kelly--I would love to see the link of the stamps you are selling--I do not think they would mind the cold temps in Wisconsin........................
Old 09-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #1476
Pearl-ExPert

Same here Kelly......send the link whenever you get it done. I'm always willing to spend money! HA!!!!!!
Glad you had a nice 3 hours to yourself today. That's always nice.

Barb.....glad you were able to craft some today too. I just haven't been in the mood at all for some reason. The cards I'm posting were all done a week or so ago. In a lull I guess.

Jeanette, have a great trip!!! We'll see you when you get back. Yes, it sounds like your daughter is super busy - but that's good too.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #1477
Mad Swapper

I agree, send the link please Kelly - at least I can daydream - and please slow down.

Jeanette - enjoy your trip and safe travels - looking forward to seeing you back. Oh and I too am drooling over the thought of the salmon..

Maggie, I can't believe the woes you and your car are having!! Not funny.

Darlene - give the man a deadline and keep to it - otherwise you will never be free of his 'stuff', although in saying that I know it is easier said than done, especially if you are trying to keep the peace between other family members.

Lynn I hope your lull is temporary - I too have been in a bit of a lull and now I am way behind on my cards for family members this month - will be posting one of the class cards as soon as the class is over this afternoon!

Hope your craft time has been profitable Barb.

Raining here now spring has hit, so I am getting some studio time, but I have class today so not much chance....

DH is now walking with the moonboot but without crutches We will know how things are going Thursday when we go back to the fracture clinic - they will be x-raying the leg to see how he is healing.

I have done my back a mischief between the shoulder blades, so I am off to the doctor tomorrow, as it is over a week since I first noticed it. The joys of age.... thankfully cardmaking is not too strenuous

Darn, have just had a phone call from the doctors - the x-ray I had on my left wrist last week has shown a small fracture there - it is healing, but still painful, so it is another thing to go onto the list tomorrow when I go in...

Waving gingerly to you all
Old 09-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #1479
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, that's terrible about your wrist!!! Hope they don't have to cast it and all that! Not good at all! It is nice though that your husband is off crutches. Hope you have good news after seeing the doctor on Thursday.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #1480
Mad Swapper

Hi All - I am back from the doctors and as the bone has healed, it's a case of wait and see if the discomfort subsides, and if it doesn't, then it will be surgery to have it re-broken and set correctly... I am also to have x-rays on my right wrist (?a small break after a fall on the wet deck ) and my back as it is also painful. I don't think I have ever had so many x-rays as I have had this year - and yes there is a possibility that I have osteoporosis .

So glad I have card making as a hobby