Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-29-2014, 12:20 PM   #1401
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Shelly, your posts make me smile from ear to ear. You always include all of us and know just how to make us feel special. THANK YOU for being the wonderful woman that you are!

Maxine, THANK YOU for the sweet words. I'm excited to be on the JLO team!

Sending (((HUGS))) all around and praying for the needs in this group.

*sniffling to see Kristie go (for now, at least)....... but totally understand.

Update on DD....... well........ school has started! She has 16 students! I think that seems like a lot of special ed students in a fairly small school... and hers are just secondary ed. There's another teacher who has the elementary ed ones. Last night the school had a community event where the parents came to the school to learn about what's happening at school this year and to meet the new teachers.

Next week, DD will fly to another village for a few days of Sped training. (I sure hope her flight isn't overweight.) Did I tell you about that??????? A week or so ago a group of teachers were flying on a bush plane to meetings. One teacher had to wait until the next day to go because when the plane went to take off, if started nose-diving because it was overweight. EEEKK!!! I told DD if that ever happens on a plane she's on, I'd recommend volunteering to wait to go the next morning. Sheesh! I would have been TERRIFIED!

DH looked online last night for prices to fly from here to Anchorage and then on to the bush in a bush plane. He's hoping to go see DD in October. I'll probably not go until next spring, since I don't really think I want to go in the winter.
That would have been so very scary for DD on that plane. I can't even imagine! What exactly is Sped training or is that a misspelled word? That will be so exciting to fly up there to visit with her, but I'm like you, too cold in the Winter. Brrrrrrrrr. . . . Is this going to be a permanent thing for her?
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-29-2014, 12:21 PM   #1402
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Thanks for posting Shelly. I didn't get a chance to come on last night.

I have really enjoyed getting to know you all and hope that someday I can return when I have more time.
Sorry to see you leave Kristie. I know that you are busy making cards because I see a post from you just about every day.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #1403
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning SCS Buds. This may be the last time I am on SCS until later in the weekend. Our friend Pat is flying in this afternoon and then we start to get ready for our 11 day bicycle trip. We are not sure if Deb is going to be able to join us--a bit of a hang-up right now, but tomorrow she is still bringing over her Suburban for us to use even if she does not go. She might be able to meet up with us next week, so she will take my CR-V home and drive that up.

I will check in when I can while we are gone. I am not riding most of the time--my job is to be the sag-wagon! I may drive them out 40-50 miles in the morning and they will ride back to where we are staying. Or, they will do a loop back to camp. Or, if we are moving to a new place, they will ride a bit of the way and I will pick them up.

Have a great rest of the week and if I do not get back here, a Wonderful Labor Day Weekend!
Have fun Barb. Sounds like you get the easy job.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:23 PM   #1404
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Lynn, I definitely think waiting til spring is the plan.... hope DD agrees.

Ladies, our DS is coming for a visit - he'll arrive today and stay until next Tuesday! YAY!!! I am sooooooooooo excited to see him!!! So, I probably won't be on SCS at all this weekend, maybe not even until Wednesday of next week. Try to have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend!!!
How exciting! Enjoy your time with him.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:24 PM   #1405
Quacker Stamper

So happy for Friday! Boss has left for the day and I guess I should be getting some filing/closing files done, but thought I'd take some time to catch up.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #1406
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Oh, so sorry, Kelly. I sure hope you have quite recovered from this terrible experience. Was that the first day of school? I could understand why there were so many people needing a little pick me up!
Haha! No, it's been 2 weeks we've been back in school -must have been up all night doing reports for the kids or something, LOL!

Good to see so many smiling happy posts from you Maggie! Glad the boss let us have you back!

I'm actually sneaking online while waiting for dd to pick up a paper - then we're back out again. It's been a CAH-razy week, shaping up to be a hectic weekend as well!

Not Jeanette, but I can answer the Sped part, since my daughter is studying it as well It's short for Special Ed - specializing training and teaching children with either learning disabilities, autism, Ausbergers, etc ..... here, in FL, it requires a full BA in Education but there are some paraprofessional that can work in the field. My dd hopes to work with them one day and is about half way through her degree (switched from nursing, much to our dismay - said she is convinced it's where God called her to be). I support her no matter what

We are scrambling here for a new vocal coach for my dd17. Her last year of high school, and with her MPA, Solo/Ensemble, Federation and All-State intentions, it's required to have one. She's been with her choral director for 4 years, and he retired due to the severity of his ALS. Yes, the same one that's going around with the Bucket Challenge, of which we've done and donated No! You will NOT see my video, lol! I was challenged by my son, bless his heart. But I'm not posting it Anyway, it left us with a huge scramble to find a new one. We thought we did. But then she dropped us 2 days after taking us on (a close friend, actually) due to personal reasons - nothing personal, we didn't take it as such But we had to scramble all over again! We did find one at the college but he is UNBELIEBABLY pricey -- on a budget, that's just not going to be a good match for us . So we went yesterday to the college (her first choice in schools for this Fall, btw) and was blown away by his kindness, his talent - we thought he was a grad student or someone in the upper years of education (MA, PHD) - turns out his is the DIRECTOR of musical theater!! Oh. My. Gosh. That's exactly where she wants to apply, lol! Their first meeting went well, and he's going to work with her on what she'll need for auditions, mostly. Crossing my fingers. And toes.

We're also anxiously awaiting the results of her Opera audition at the High School. Call backs and/or the cast list will go up soon (online) We keep checking!! She is a Senior, and she is one of the sweetest, gentlest natured, kindest souls you will ever meet - just all around beautiful girl. Not a mean bone in her body. Well, the part is the Devil - LOL!! I told her she would have to pull out all abilities to ACT like never before - the part is positively wicked!! There are other spots as well but she went for THE LEAD ... oh my, we are so nervous.

My other two daughters (the more sassier ones of the group, lol!!) are both sick - one with a cold, one with a flu! Yay! Welcome back to school!!

Shel, I'm so proud of you and your piano lessons! Look at you! I am sure you will have a recital of your own soon Do you have a piano at home?

Maggie - your air, is it on or off? LOL!

Waving to everyone - dashing back out ,now that the papers are found

*Hugs!*
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 08-31-2014, 07:18 AM   #1407
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, hope your daughters get over the flu and cold soon. Not fun at all and especially with school just getting into full swing.
Also great that you finally found a voice coach! That's wonderful. Know she'll do great.

Just popping in for a few minutes here. Company on the way but won't be staying long.

It's a nice laid back weekend around here. Hope to get some mojo back and create today!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #1408
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Haha! No, it's been 2 weeks we've been back in school -must have been up all night doing reports for the kids or something, LOL!

Good to see so many smiling happy posts from you Maggie! Glad the boss let us have you back!

I'm actually sneaking online while waiting for dd to pick up a paper - then we're back out again. It's been a CAH-razy week, shaping up to be a hectic weekend as well!

Not Jeanette, but I can answer the Sped part, since my daughter is studying it as well It's short for Special Ed - specializing training and teaching children with either learning disabilities, autism, Ausbergers, etc ..... here, in FL, it requires a full BA in Education but there are some paraprofessional that can work in the field. My dd hopes to work with them one day and is about half way through her degree (switched from nursing, much to our dismay - said she is convinced it's where God called her to be). I support her no matter what

We are scrambling here for a new vocal coach for my dd17. Her last year of high school, and with her MPA, Solo/Ensemble, Federation and All-State intentions, it's required to have one. She's been with her choral director for 4 years, and he retired due to the severity of his ALS. Yes, the same one that's going around with the Bucket Challenge, of which we've done and donated No! You will NOT see my video, lol! I was challenged by my son, bless his heart. But I'm not posting it Anyway, it left us with a huge scramble to find a new one. We thought we did. But then she dropped us 2 days after taking us on (a close friend, actually) due to personal reasons - nothing personal, we didn't take it as such But we had to scramble all over again! We did find one at the college but he is UNBELIEBABLY pricey -- on a budget, that's just not going to be a good match for us . So we went yesterday to the college (her first choice in schools for this Fall, btw) and was blown away by his kindness, his talent - we thought he was a grad student or someone in the upper years of education (MA, PHD) - turns out his is the DIRECTOR of musical theater!! Oh. My. Gosh. That's exactly where she wants to apply, lol! Their first meeting went well, and he's going to work with her on what she'll need for auditions, mostly. Crossing my fingers. And toes.

We're also anxiously awaiting the results of her Opera audition at the High School. Call backs and/or the cast list will go up soon (online) We keep checking!! She is a Senior, and she is one of the sweetest, gentlest natured, kindest souls you will ever meet - just all around beautiful girl. Not a mean bone in her body. Well, the part is the Devil - LOL!! I told her she would have to pull out all abilities to ACT like never before - the part is positively wicked!! There are other spots as well but she went for THE LEAD ... oh my, we are so nervous.

My other two daughters (the more sassier ones of the group, lol!!) are both sick - one with a cold, one with a flu! Yay! Welcome back to school!!

Shel, I'm so proud of you and your piano lessons! Look at you! I am sure you will have a recital of your own soon Do you have a piano at home?

Maggie - your air, is it on or off? LOL!

Waving to everyone - dashing back out ,now that the papers are found

*Hugs!*
Keeping fingers crossed for your DD in her audition Kelly. Can't even imagine what an incredible voice she may have to do opera! Hope you can find the right coach for her. I know my DD is going through the same thing with all that you have to do to get the DD's into a musical theater program.

Boss left early on Friday which is why I was able to gt on If he's around it's hard to be sneaky about it

Sorry the other DD's are sick. Hope they're feeling better so they can enjoy their day off.

A/C is ON at the house. Not quite back ON in the car. Talked to the Service Manager on Friday and he said that they wanted to keep it a little longer. Guess they are not quite sure that it's fixed yet. They didn't have a Cruze available for me, so I've still got the Equinox. I'm getting pretty used to driving this one and mine is going to seem like a little sports car when I get it back.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:04 AM   #1409
Quacker Stamper

It was a busy weekend here. I had cancelled the handyman because it was supposed to rain - supposed being the operative word here. Never did! :( Maria came though to do the cleaning. She got everything done in 2 1/2 hours. I need to e-mail this company to see if I'm going to get a refund since I paid for 3 hours. She doesn't do all the dusting of shelves because there's stuff on them and I don't want her climbing on anything. But I guess if she did that, she'd be here longer. I don't think I'm going to have her come back though. Spending $100 for 2 1/2 hours is just too much every month. I want to see if I can find someone single and not with a company that will do more for even the same price or less.

While Maria was cleaning I was working in my stamp room (one of the perks of having a cleaning lady) and I was reorganizing all my ribbon boxes. I had 2 boxes with just lengths of ribbon in it. Most I got from Bowdabra when I was doing cards for their website. I wrapped them up and stuck them in little plastic zip bags so they'd fit in the color box for each one.

I had to spend some time getting ready to teach my class at church yesterday. I did a class to the men and women on using Family Search and how to do Indexing. It was just an overview because we didn't have all that much time. It went well though.

This morning - watering the yards and flower beds. Going to spend time playing in my stamp room and later this afternoon, going over to a friends house to help her with a project. No Labor Day activities here.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #1410
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Hello from Moose Lake, MN. This may be quite short as Pat and Rebecca just got here, but it has been great so far. Heavy rains last night, but the tents were fine! Blog post is up on biking blog with details through yesterday.

Hope all is well!
Old 09-02-2014, 06:25 AM   #1411
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Hello from Moose Lake, MN. This may be quite short as Pat and Rebecca just got here, but it has been great so far. Heavy rains last night, but the tents were fine! Blog post is up on biking blog with details through yesterday.

Hope all is well!
Hope you have a great time Barb.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:27 AM   #1412
Quacker Stamper

SCS is driving me nuts! I get email updates and whenever I get one and click on it to go to a thread, instead of taking me to the current page, it keeps taking me back a week and then I have to scroll down and go to the last page. It's doing this for all the threads, so very annoying.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:28 AM   #1413
Quacker Stamper

Today is a play day. Took the day off from work for a vacation day. So glad that I did because I was not ready to go back to the office.

Wondering if I'll hear from the car people today?
Old 09-02-2014, 07:36 AM   #1414
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Tuesday! OMGosh my days are OFF! I went to the bank yesterday to see it was closed - doh! Of course, it was a holiday, lol. Today the line was out the door! I went to a different branch (in a not the best part of town!) and I was the only one there. Go figure!

I'm home with a sick young 'un. My son was throwing up at school right at drop off. Nice way to make new friends at a new school! LOL!! He had a couple sweet moms take him to the office while the teacher called me. Luckily I was just pulling out of the parking lot and had to repark back in. That's two kids down with the flu.

Thanks for the kind words, Maggie. We find out today!

Just like I hope you find out today your car will be done once and for all!

* Hugs all around *
Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Keeping fingers crossed for your DD in her audition Kelly. Can't even imagine what an incredible voice she may have to do opera! Hope you can find the right coach for her. I know my DD is going through the same thing with all that you have to do to get the DD's into a musical theater program.

Boss left early on Friday which is why I was able to gt on If he's around it's hard to be sneaky about it

Sorry the other DD's are sick. Hope they're feeling better so they can enjoy their day off.

A/C is ON at the house. Not quite back ON in the car. Talked to the Service Manager on Friday and he said that they wanted to keep it a little longer. Guess they are not quite sure that it's fixed yet. They didn't have a Cruze available for me, so I've still got the Equinox. I'm getting pretty used to driving this one and mine is going to seem like a little sports car when I get it back.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #1415
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Uck Kelly! Hope the kids start feeling better soon. No fun for them OR you!

Maggie, sounds good that you took off the day! Have fun! Oh, SCS does that to me too. It's been doing it for a couple of weeks I think. No telling what's going on. I don't even get the updates that someone has posted very often but when I do that's what I see too.

Barb, sounds like a good time is being had by all.....rain or not.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #1416
Pearl-ExPert

I just sat down to do all my commenting this morning - and ooops......looks like Blogger could be on the blink once again! Frustrating!

How's everyone doing this morning?
Old 09-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #1417
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Happy Tuesday! OMGosh my days are OFF! I went to the bank yesterday to see it was closed - doh! Of course, it was a holiday, lol. Today the line was out the door! I went to a different branch (in a not the best part of town!) and I was the only one there. Go figure!

I'm home with a sick young 'un. My son was throwing up at school right at drop off. Nice way to make new friends at a new school! LOL!! He had a couple sweet moms take him to the office while the teacher called me. Luckily I was just pulling out of the parking lot and had to repark back in. That's two kids down with the flu.

Thanks for the kind words, Maggie. We find out today!

Just like I hope you find out today your car will be done once and for all!

* Hugs all around *
Be careful of those neighborhoods that aren't too good and you're not familiar with.

Sorry about the sickie. Is he better today? Glad you weren't too far away.

No news yet about the car. It's been a week. I think (and hope) that they are just rebuilding the whole thing.

So how'd the audition go?
Old 09-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #1418
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
I just sat down to do all my commenting this morning - and ooops......looks like Blogger could be on the blink once again! Frustrating!

How's everyone doing this morning?
Oh, I need to do that too for Creative KNockouts. I did some the other day, but I'm sure they have more on the site tonight. Gotta get my blog post on my blog tonight too for tomorrow.

Sorry about the Blogger issues.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #1419
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hello to all! It sounds like everyone had an OK weekend. I got a call from the boss- need help on Tuesday - so I worked 8:30 - 11:30, then had a Dr appt- derm.... Kelly- I did the same thing- I went to the Dr appt on Monday- doors closed, lights off....hahahaha so mixed up!

I am working Friday as well- since I had Monday off- I have to use vacation time unless I work another day- boo! Anyway, we had friends over on Tuesday night- she makes fab cookies (she does catering but wants to up the cookie sales) and wanted to see my Silhouette- she wants to airbrush on the cookies and I showed her how to cut stencils : ) So, guess what I did all day today .....I cut out a number of ATC sized stencils for my ATC swapping friends- we have a meeting Saturday...I have not been able to go for a few months- and we are making envelope art.

Maggie- Hoping they get your car fixed before too long- so lucky for you it is covered.....our A/C does not work in the van..... it looks like we have a decision to make- we will have to take it in for a 2nd opinion before anything else though. For cleaning, we pay about the same, but have 2 ladies and it is generally 3 hours. I cannot live without it- it is great to have it all done in one day. Good for you taking an extra day off.

Jeanette- hope you had fun with your DD!

Lynn- my blogger has so many blogs on it, I have no idea how you keep on thru it...I have most of my main blogs on my sidebar, but there are others I have to remember..... Hoping you enjoyed your weekend visitors : )

Barb- hoping that is the last of the rain and that you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Boo for the flu Kelly- hoping you can stay well- wash hands, wash hands......!!! hat did you hear about the audition???

We went to a close-by city that has a 'beach' that used to be a huge quarry. It is really cool and we had a great day with friends. I finished DT work on Monday for the TJ newsletter. One more to go, then we'll see how it goes..... I do not know the plan to keep the TJ's alive.

Off to work on my ATC/envelope swap : )

Shelly
Old 09-04-2014, 06:29 AM   #1420
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

I get to order our TSO tickets this morning. Have to wait until 10 a.m. Can't wait to see this new show this year. My sis and I have been going every year. I think we've gone about 5-6 times, but I had to miss the last 2 years because I was in CA for Christmas and the show has been the weekend right before Christmas and I've been gone. This year it's on the 19th and I'm not planning a Christmas trip to CA this year. My sis is bringing along 3 of her grandsons to see it. They're up in the HS age, so it'll be fun with them.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:06 AM   #1421
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:17 AM   #1422
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi girls!

Maggie, what is the TSO? I can only think of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra since you mentioned holidays ....... if that's them, LUCKY!!!!!!!! I've heard them only once and must say, it's a bucket list item for anyone that never has!

We're like that with the Nutcracker ....... we go every year, it's a tradition. And we've missed last years and looks like we'll miss it again this year if all that we are planning pans out...... time will tell

Lynn, I hear you with SCS and blogger issues - one day it's fine, the next I get rerouted ........ it's almost like it has a kink or something and time is so limited for me ! I hop on trying to squeeze in comments and threads and boom - LOL! Surprise! No no no, not today!

Shel, yay for the beach!! I love the beach!!! And for days off - woohoo! I see all your babes are back in their prospective places and homes - that must be a strange feeling. My dd is planning college AWAY - she's dreaming of the stage and bigger places .... her older sister dreamed of literally DOWN THE STREET, lol. But God is good and placed her just where she was meant to be.

DD and I are up to our eyeballs in college apps and essays (her writing, me proofing) but she is determined and a fighter. She's going for every scholarship there is, basically the only way we will afford her to go away to school. We bought their college plan as infants, but it pays for school 100%, not dorms. Or food That's extra! So we're hoping for a talent based, maybe even academic since she is a Nat'l Honors Scholar with a high GPA and a very good SAT score. But so is the rest of the country! She is literally batting 1 in 1000 at every turn, but she has this outlook that maybe she could be the 1 in that 1000. Maybe!

I heard the list was out, and 'some' of the kids know, but they are tight lipped as the Director has been out and he has to make the final announcement. Nervous I am!

Hugs to all - gotta get a card done for tomorrow, eeek!!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #1423
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi girls!

Maggie, what is the TSO? I can only think of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra since you mentioned holidays ....... if that's them, LUCKY!!!!!!!! I've heard them only once and must say, it's a bucket list item for anyone that never has!

We're like that with the Nutcracker ....... we go every year, it's a tradition. And we've missed last years and looks like we'll miss it again this year if all that we are planning pans out...... time will tell

Lynn, I hear you with SCS and blogger issues - one day it's fine, the next I get rerouted ........ it's almost like it has a kink or something and time is so limited for me ! I hop on trying to squeeze in comments and threads and boom - LOL! Surprise! No no no, not today!

Shel, yay for the beach!! I love the beach!!! And for days off - woohoo! I see all your babes are back in their prospective places and homes - that must be a strange feeling. My dd is planning college AWAY - she's dreaming of the stage and bigger places .... her older sister dreamed of literally DOWN THE STREET, lol. But God is good and placed her just where she was meant to be.

DD and I are up to our eyeballs in college apps and essays (her writing, me proofing) but she is determined and a fighter. She's going for every scholarship there is, basically the only way we will afford her to go away to school. We bought their college plan as infants, but it pays for school 100%, not dorms. Or food That's extra! So we're hoping for a talent based, maybe even academic since she is a Nat'l Honors Scholar with a high GPA and a very good SAT score. But so is the rest of the country! She is literally batting 1 in 1000 at every turn, but she has this outlook that maybe she could be the 1 in that 1000. Maybe!

I heard the list was out, and 'some' of the kids know, but they are tight lipped as the Director has been out and he has to make the final announcement. Nervous I am!

Hugs to all - gotta get a card done for tomorrow, eeek!!!!
Yes, it is the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They are FABULOUS. When I first wanted to go, I wasn't sure my sis would like them since they are a heavy metal rock band, but their performance of the Christmas music really sold us on them and we have gone back many, many times since the first time and ALWAYS stay afterward to meet them and get autographs. When they did Beethoven's Last Night, we drove over to Louisiana to see them.

Good luck to your DD with her college apps. I know that my DD is going through this same thing right now with my DGD.

Oh, don't you just hate waiting and sitting on pins and needles until the list is published!!!!!! Fingers crossed!
Old 09-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #1424
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Enjoy that TSO, Maggie! They are indeed unbelievably beautiful to hear - lucky girl!

And It's Official ..... Cast list went up ..........

The DEVIL lives in my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DD is the Devil in The Devil and Daniel Webster! WOW! She was shocked, but danced all through the house all night ♥
It will be an interesting role for her, completely opposite of who she is, but that's acting/Opera/theater for you! Her very best friend landed the role of Mr. Scratch so it should be a wild time for them both this year - their Senior year!

Thanks for the good thoughts, all!

We are celebrating today ♥

Just finished my son's "Fun Run" at his school, good Lawd, it was like 95* out there and these poor kids were running 30 laps! In the heat. I wanted to pass out and I was just marking their laps as they ran by! It's to raise money and we sponsored him $1 a lap and he did 35 (they were smallish laps, not a mile!) but still - way too hot and my heart ached for them running in that heat.

How's everyone?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs!*
Old 09-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #1425
Pearl-ExPert

WooHoo! BIG congrats to your daughter Kelly! That's fantastic news!

Lynn
Old 09-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #1426
Quacker Stamper

So happy for your DD Kelly. My DGD just went back to school yesterday and my DD (I talked to her last night) said that she has tryouts on Monday, I believe for different things - choirs, etc. We talked a lot about where DGD may go to college. One of the schools she wants is Florida State, but she only has 3 years of Math and she needs 4. My DD is trying to get her to take Statistics this year. My DGD doesn't want 6 classes, but like I told my DD, if she really wants a certain college, then she's got to work for it.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #1427
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Poof went my long winded note I was just writing.....darn!

Hello all- had a hectic week- glad it is the weekend! I did get on FB quickly on my phone at work- no news is good news!

I had to make a ATC swap for today-envelope art- luckily, I cut them out last week, so just had to colorize and do the designs today. I am going to get them on my blog later : ) I used one of my Shaving Cream BG's for one of them......mine were very heavily colorized......

Maggie- never heard of that group- will have to google or You Tube them....

Kelly- yeah for your DD! Wahoo!!! Bet your house is full of singing kids- how awesome that must be. So wild, my kids did all of their essays without any help from us and we edited very little.

OK- off to edit pics and figure out dinner

Have a great weekend- HI to everyone : )

Shelly
Old 09-07-2014, 06:17 AM   #1428
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI girls - Happy Sunday! I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and watching the rain fall - so pretty!

Thanks for the sweet words - dd is quite excited. I see I typed her best friend is Mr. Scratch - got that wrong, it's Mr. Stone -- apparently the Devil is Mr. Scratch, lol. Not an Opera I'd normally go see but these kids don't get to chose what the play will be and they are wildly talented, I'm sure it will be phenomenal.

LOL on the essays - Shel - I never even saw my oldest dd's! She submitted it lock, stock and barrel - then again, she wasn't running for the hills like my singer is I was honored that dd17 asked me to read hers - one of them was a bit 'out there' for me but the school was very specific on what the wanted. She nailed it, that's for sure.

Mag, How funny your DGD is applying to Florida State - so is mine Wouldnt' that be amazing if they were both there! WOW! FSU is her 2nd choice.

I don't know what I did to my back but Sat. morning I woke up unable to stand up. THe pain is still so very severe today. No church for me. It's starting to spread also. I thought maybe a kidney stone, having seen my dh go through a few of those, but no other symptoms other than the severe back/side pain. I sure hope this goes away.

Little man's birthday is Tuesday! He's turning double digits!!!!!! I can't believe he is going to be 10. He's nearly as tall as me, too. I'm a shortie - 5'3" but he's passed my chin already and he's only 9! We were planning to go out today to celebrate since Tuesday they all have school/rehearsal/Karate, etc ......... but I can't even stand up!

And this week starts the week of insanity - clubs, fee weeks, book fair, etc ... yikes!
Not a good week to be bedridden!

Wishing everyone a wonderful SONday! ♥
Old 09-08-2014, 01:21 AM   #1429
Mad Swapper

Hi girls - I was just off line for four days - went to DD's to stay, and forgot to pick up the computer as we went out the door after going to the fracture clinic with DH - he is in the moonboot and partial weight bearing now. Trouble is his ankles are swelling heaps at the moment.......... bit worried about the implications as I know what it may mean His chest is also not the best, but will just have to take things as they come.

Great to read all the news - Oh Kelly, I do hope your back is improving that sounds horrible and a bit skeery , but what great news about your DD's success.

Waving to you all from a wonderful spring-like weather - in fact we are so dry here we are watering the gardens, but at DD's it has rained for nearly 6 weeks (on and off) and they are so 'over' it .

DS and family will be over again on Friday house hunting, so it is all go here at the moment, with offspring and medical appointments.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #1430
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning (barely!) Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I've been MIA for a very long time. First our DS was here visiting from out-of-state, so I was busy enjoying him. Then I left for an out-of-state trip to a funeral. Was gone for several days. I'm home again now, for a few days until I head out on another out-of-state trip.

I'm so far behind, I'm not going to try to catch up on the chatter in the threads, so if I missed something important, please let me know.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 09-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #1431
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday indeed!

Hee Hee, Jeanette - I knew when I saw you pinning over on Pinterest, you'd stop by with a sunny greeting! So glad you did!

Maxine, wow, house hunting -- go ds go! I'm sure the right one is waiting there and it's always better to find the one you really want rather than rush. Glad you guys are doing well - you are on my mind and dh has my continued prayers. At least the doctors are keeping a close eye and he's in the right hands -- or right feet?! ♥

Lots to do today so hugs for all and have a great rest of the day!
Old 09-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #1432
SCS RAK Coordinator

no time to read now--I will when I get home........................

Good Afternoon--checking in from Minocqua, WI. We have had a couple of interesting days--lots of rain here in the northwoods. We spent an extra night in a hotel in Ashland because of heavy rains and storms and hail. We skipped going to the UP of Michigan to save some travel time and added a third night at the campground in Washburn. We are now in a log cabin until Wednesday morning, until we head for home. Biking is good and we even found a tennis court today that had a Pickleball court marked on it. It is good to sleep in a real bed for the final three nights--instead of the air mattress that has a small leak and is low on air every morning. All in All--a great vacation!
Old 09-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #1433
SCS RAK Coordinator

oops--double post

Last edited by barbaralynn; 09-11-2014 at 07:40 PM..
Old 09-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #1434

Hi Kelly...... I "pin" from my phone sometimes (like earlier today)... but I seldom get on SCS from my phone. I'm not sure why.

Hi Barb! Hi Barb! (tee hee! Barb is sooooooooooooo old and forgetful that she forgot she posted here and then did it again.) Ducking now, before Barb throws something.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #1435
Pearl-ExPert

Just checking in here.......

Kelly, hope your back is better today. That's a pain - as you already know!

Maxine, glad you go to visit your daughter and family. Know that's always fun. Take care of that husband of you as I know you already do! Hopefully the swelling goes down soon. Have fun with your son and family this coming weekend too.

Shelly, LOVED your envelope art! WOW!

Jeanette - nice to see you're back even though you're leaving again!

Barb - glad you're having a good time.......glad you're having a good time! LOL! SCS does crazy stuff sometimes - like not posting at all OR posting twice! The log cabin sounds like it could be very nice and like you said, a bed is much better than a leaky air mattress.

All's fine around here. I guess no news is good news!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:32 AM   #1436
Mad Swapper

Arghhhhh - finally finished a blog post, which I loaded the photos of last week before we went away, and had hoped to get it 'done' which away - couldn't get it done on my daughters computer - was not a grandmother friendly one - and now it won't publish!!!
I haven't had a chance to get around the blogs, so may have to do a bit of a miss......

Barb - my experience of a leaky air bed was so good that after 4 hours of being on it I was on the floor..... I can appreciate you relief t being in a bed!!
Old 09-09-2014, 05:29 AM   #1437

Thanks Lynn! I am home long enough to do laundry and cook a few meals.

Maxine, I hate when computers don't cooperate, don't you?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-10-2014, 02:52 AM   #1438

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-10-2014, 05:49 PM   #1439
Quacker Stamper

Welcome home Jeanette! Sorry I wasn't at the door to great you back from your wonderful travels.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #1440
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Poof went my long winded note I was just writing.....darn!

Hello all- had a hectic week- glad it is the weekend! I did get on FB quickly on my phone at work- no news is good news!

I had to make a ATC swap for today-envelope art- luckily, I cut them out last week, so just had to colorize and do the designs today. I am going to get them on my blog later : ) I used one of my Shaving Cream BG's for one of them......mine were very heavily colorized......

Maggie- never heard of that group- will have to google or You Tube them....

Kelly- yeah for your DD! Wahoo!!! Bet your house is full of singing kids- how awesome that must be. So wild, my kids did all of their essays without any help from us and we edited very little.

OK- off to edit pics and figure out dinner

Have a great weekend- HI to everyone : )

Shelly
You're not the only one with a crazy week. I just feel so tired every day with all the stress going on.

Shelly, I'm sure if you listen to Christmas music on the radio that you've probably heard TSO's music. They have a couple of very popular hits.