Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #1361
Mad Swapper

I have just been 'locked out' of SCS for an hour or so - no hassles with blogger though.

Love this group - and yes I do see you each day, even if I don't comment much as life is hectic at the moment with helping both offspring and their families as they look to move here - plenty of visits and emails and texts etc!!

I do get round the blogs regularly as all but one of you are in my feed....

Will comment more fully later today as I am cooking dinner at the moment, and will be outside pruning roses and then in the studio this afternoon.... and in between times checking on DH and making sure all is well there - he is much better on his crutches now, thankfully!! only another week and he will be able to start weight bearing.

Waving to you all!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #1362
Quacker Stamper

Hi Stamp Addicts. Sorry I've been MIA the last couple days. Busy. Going to catch up.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 08-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #1363
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Hello-Happy Late Sunday afternoon...................... It has been a busy weekend. I took a Copic Class on Saturday morning--coloring faces and hair. It was very good and I hope I can practice all that I learned. We went to a friend's house for party on her new deck later that afternoon. Today, after church we met some friends to play pickleball.

AND--this will be a busy week. We are leaving next Saturday for a bicycle trip and will not be back until the 10th. We are camping most nights and have one night in a hotel and the final three nights in a log cabin in northern Wisconsin. Our friend Pat, from Colorado--one of the riders-- is coming in on Thursday, so I have three days this week to get all caught up and get ahead with stamping along with packing for a trip! Here is a link to the blog I will be updating along the way. Lavendula Biking Adventures 2

Have a great rest of the weekend!
I loved that class. So much fun. I took it from Lori Craig. Who was your instructor?

Hmm. never heard of Pickleball?

Have a great time on your camping trip. My idea of camping is a hotel room with A/C and a shower.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #1364
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi ladies!

yes, it's the MIA member popping in again. I swear I really am not that busy but time seems to keep flying by. Last Monday was my birthday and I took the day off from work to scrap, it was a nice day followed by dinner out and cake. Then my mom and stepdad had their 25th anniversary on Friday so we went there on Thursday night. Yesterday was spent at a crop with friends I haven't seen in a year. We had a good time and I made 8 cards. Today has been a very lazy day. I need to get off the couch soon and help clean up the kitchen so Mike can make dinner.

Maggie - I cannot believe you are still having a/c problems!! I hope they can fix it once and for all when you bring it back. Good thinking on getting the thermometer to put inside.

Shelly - Sorry to hear you are having a/c problems too!

Lynn - hopefully your time for traveling and visitors is over for a bit so you can relax

Barb - enjoy your riding adventure!

Maxine - Hope you and DH are doing well and haven't had any more health issues.

Waving hi to everyone else! Hope you are all doing well too.
Sorry I missed your birthday Kirstie. Sounds like you had an awesome day.

Thanks, I hope so too. Dropped it off this morning. Haven't heard anything yet. It will be to their best advantage to make sure that it is completely fixed when I get it back.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:58 PM   #1365
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Oh! I forgot to add some exciting news

My Mom and I are going to Disney World in December!! I am SO very excited to introduce her to my favorite place. We started discussing a possible trip a few months ago and weren't sure if we would go this December or next but she said since we were talking about, let's just go. Ok, Mom! We were able to get a room discount at my favorite resort (Port Orleans French Quarter), it's nice and small and I know it well. I wanted somewhere familiar since my hubby isn't going and I need to lead the way.

I am a little bit nervous since we haven't traveled together, just her and I, hoping to keep her busy enough not to be homesick or nervous lol!
That will be so fun. I guess she's never been there before.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:01 PM   #1366
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Kristie, first of all...........happy belated birthday!!! Hope you had a good day.
That should be a lot of fun with you and your mom going to Disney! YEA!

Barbara, your bike trip sounds like fun........but please tell me what pickleball is!

Maggie, wish I'd been with you shopping at Macy's. Did they have some good end of summer deals? I need to get up there in the next week or so.
I wish you had been there too! That would have been fun to have a shopping buddy.

They were having a benefit sale for the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society. I had to buy a $5 shopper's pass and then I got 25% off all my purchases. Saved a ton of $$ even though I spent a bunch too.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #1367
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Happy belated birthday, Kristie!

Oh Macys - my favorite store! Well, used to be - before kids ate up all our money, LOL! Now it's Abercrombie, Hollister ..... hee hee.

I'll be curious to see what they say about that thermometer in the car, Maggie. That's just bizarre!

Question ....... has anyone ever used Neenah Bright White? I found a pack of 75 pages cardstock in Target for $2 .... picked it up because, well, for the price, it was the right thing to do But I haven't opened it yet - does it work, anyone know? Momento ink is a match? Copic friendly? I don't have any, but often stamp images for card kits, etc ... If so, this was a bah-gain!
Wish you had been there too!

The thermometer showed that the a/c was just blowing outside air into the car which is exactly what I thought.

I have used that before and it seems to work okay with Copics. Sounds like you got a great deal. I would have picked up a couple packages.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:09 PM   #1368
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello to all!

Summer has just flown by, hasn't it???

I wanted to take a minute to ask everyone to evaluate whether or not this group is working out for you- do you have time to stop in once a week here on SCS and are you able to get to blogs once a week to comment/say hello???

I love meeting people and have such an attachment to everyone here : )

Kristi- belated Happy Birthday!!! I just realized we did not update the B-day list when you joined us- we'll have to get on that! And, the Disney trip sounds so cool!

Kelly, Neenah Bright White is the first cardstock I used with my Copics- it is great with Memento Tuxedo and Copics. What a deal! I will have to check out Target and see if mine has it! What weight is it? WOW : ) You'll have to let us now how it works out!

Barb- the bike trip sounds very cool! And, what is Pickleball- I have never heard of it either??? You have so much fun!

Maggie- Boo on the A/c still being out- and how lucky you are covered for the issue. The Honda's are not covered under the warranty for some reason....it is not maintenance or something BS.....

Lynn- glad you had a nice visit with your brother and SIl, and that you got out of cooking : ) Are you getting any stamping done? 100's all week- that is HOT!

We encouraged Stephi to see her adviser at school to make sure she had to go an extra semester for 3 hours of credit to graduate- with her 3 bachelor degrees..... she called with exciting news- she will have enough credits to finish on time! YEAH!!! Best news we have had all year- hehehehe

Oh- starting piano lessons on Wednesday : ) I am excited!

Have a fab week to all! And waving hello to everyone else!

Shelly
This group works for me and seems to work for all the rest of us. Y'all are like family. I try to get around once a week. Sometimes it gets to be 10 days.

Maybe mine is covered because I have an extended warranty which covers the total car. I don't know if the regular maintenance warranty would have covered it either.

Glad to hear about Stephi. That's great!
Old 08-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #1369
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Putting on group hat:
Reposting- please let me know either by answering here or sending me a PM- I will repost again until I hear from everyone as I think this gets lost in the thread:
I wanted to take a minute to ask everyone to evaluate whether or not this group is working out for you:
1) do you have time to stop in once a week here on SCS, and
2)are you able to get to blogs at least once a week to comment/say hello???

Thanks so much
Shelly
Yes, and Yes!
Old 08-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #1370
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Late night checking in! Sent a PM as I'm truly stumped with this blogger thing - haven't tried as h/w was brutal today as well as college ap 'stuff' ....... then Karate, dinner, dishes ...... LAUNDRY! I think my laundry secretly doubles when I turn my back!

Maggie, I wish I could have bought more packs but that was all they had, LOL!

Maxine, how wonderful dh is getting up and around and enjoying the garden Is your son back home yet?

Waving evening to all .......

YAY for everyone staying!!! *Claps!*
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 08-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #1371
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

1--yes, I do stop in this thread every day I am on SCS.

2--I do try to get to the blogs, but I know I am slacking there.

I will be fine with whatever the majority wants!
You could stop by my blog any time!
Old 08-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #1372
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I can't seem to get my "login" to stay on here - and am having to log back in every time I come here! Grrrrrr...........But Shelly, I did PM you just a few minutes ago regarding the questions.

Barb, thanks for the info on Pickleball too! Sounds like fun. I'm with you on that Recollections card stock from Michael's. It's even heavier than SU card stock! And Kelly, it's not like what's in the packages of color card stock from there. Totally different and so nice and heavy. They only seem to have it in the white and cream but I love it and wouldn't use anything else for card bases at all.
I've had the same problem since yesterday. First SCS was down and I couldn't log in at all and then when it ws back up, it wouldn't take my PW. I had it written down so I knew it was the right one. I've been back and forth a couple times the last 2 days resetting it. I hope this time it sticks.

That heavyweight is good for card bases, but I don't like it to stamp on for my images. Most of the Michael's c/s is too thin for stamping. I've never liked it, but I haven't bought any of theirs in a long time. I love my Xpress It Blending Card for my images.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #1373
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oops. Maybe I spoke to soon about commenting .......... haven't tried it yet but it may not even matter. Now when I bring up blogger it says I'm not following any blogs! Went to the help area again and it looks like everyone is having the same problems..and also the error on commenting Kelly.
Sorry you're having blogger issues. I posted a card last night and it went okay. It does say on my Dashboard that I'm not following any blogs either.
I do follow a bunch with Bloglovin. I'm not sure how Networked Blogs works, but I've followed a few that way also.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:56 PM   #1374
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Yikes! Sounds like some challenges with blogger and SCS are going on. Not good! Not good at all!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 08-27-2014, 05:19 AM   #1375

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #1376
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Did you hear that? Crying! Sobbing! The tears!! Starbucks had a MILE LONG line today and I could not wait in it - like 30+ cars, stretching around a bend and down a road. Did they not know their #1 customer was there!???? *tears!*

I was able to get into blogger this morning! I'm catching up! But it will take awhile, lol -- and still trying to figure out another part of it, but eh .... baby steps!
Old 08-27-2014, 07:30 AM   #1377
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Old 08-27-2014, 07:33 AM   #1378

Hi Kelly!

That silly Starbucks should have a special drive thru for their favorite/best customer... so you would NEVER have to wait in line again!

Find Me on Instagram

Kiwime and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #1379
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default lookie lookie!

Congratulations to our very own ...
Jeanette!

I spy with my little eye a new DT! She has made the Jessica Lynn DT!! Her love of owls, the cuteness of the images, it's a perfect match! I look forward to your creations!

(and there's a freebie, too, if you want to scoop it up!)

Free Digital Brentwood Owl Stamp - JessicaLynnOriginal

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 08-27-2014 at 07:39 AM..
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:37 AM   #1381
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

I do plan to get to all of your blogs soon--just too little time this week. I promise!
Old 08-27-2014, 01:25 PM   #1382
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Putting on group hat:
Reposting- please let me know either by answering here or sending me a PM- I will repost again until I hear from everyone as I think this gets lost in the thread:
I wanted to take a minute to ask everyone to evaluate whether or not this group is working out for you:
1) do you have time to stop in once a week here on SCS, and
2)are you able to get to blogs at least once a week to comment/say hello???

Thanks so much
Shelly
Hello my Addicted Friends!! Remember me - the crazy bird lady who thought that it would be no big deal to:
1. Clean out 23 years of a spouse's "Treasures"
2. Get a divorce and extricate all the legalities of being joined at the hip since 1980
3. Help pay for and coordinate her son's wedding (arrange the catering, do a rehearsal dinner at her house, host out of state guests, do all the flowers and bouquets from her garden and so on)
4. Fix her dang plumbing issues (plumber left at 10 pm last night. I'm too old for this)
5. Rearrange the house & home office so that the newly weds can move in.

HOLY COW. I am tired. And yes, I've been very lax lately on participating here in this thread and in visiting your blogs. But have faith (if you can) I am GETTING THIS UNDER CONTROL. (laughing but stomping her foot too make the point!) I refuse to let my life continue in this tornado any longer than it has to hahaha.

Soon I plan to be back here regularly and back drooling over your creations. My mental state needs it!!

However, if you need a more reliable contributor than I have been the last couple of months, I totally understand. No hard feelings!

Miss you all!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:18 PM   #1383
Pearl-ExPert

Hi, Darlene! You've just had a ton of stuff on your plate and I know everyone understands that totally!!!!!! Glad you're ok - but it would be nice to have all the plumbing issues worked out I'm sure! LOL! I take it you don't have an outhouse! Things will get back to normal for you soon and you'll sit back and wonder how in the world you did everything you did!

Kelly, I'm so sorry about Starbucks! Hang in there and like Jeanette said, they just need a special line for you!

And speaking of Jeanette! WOOHOO!!! Big congrats on the new DT!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:27 PM   #1384

Awwwwwwwwwwww... thanks Kelly and Lynn! I'm super excited!

Darlene, you WILL get this all worked out.... and then you can sit back and relax. Hang in there, my friend............... and please don't leave us!

Hi Barb........ you know I sure wish you'd let us have Smoochy kisses today!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #1385
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Late nite check in- thanks fto all or answering the group question- seemed like a good time to re-evaluate. Kristie decided to step back and drop the group for now, and of course, if/when her schedule lightens up she can come join us again later.

I started piano lessons today- I am so excited to take lessons : ) A student that does their homework : )

Call my folks tonight- kept me on the phone for just shy of 2 hours...just chatting up a storm! My nephew went to visit them last weekend, and they took him and his wife to the mall- Dad took a rest close to the kidy train- which was getting no business, so they train guy got my Dad on the train, then Mom joined him.....so Kyle posted a pic on FB of my parents riding the kiddy train at the mall....hehehe put a smile on my face. My dad looks like he is having a great time!

Anyone have any special plans for the weekend- other than Barb going on an awesome biking trip?

Jeanette- Congrats! More beautiful cards for us to see- and such darling images too! So, what had your daughter been up to???

Darlene- glad to see you stop in- hope the move this weekend goes smoothly! No funny bathroom stories like Lynn's? Did I hear outhouse???

Kelly- dread- line at Starbucks? How did you do without it? Have you ever tried the $1.00 coffee at McDonalds? That is what my daughter Katie drinks when she cannot get to Starbucks..... In China, they have packets like crystal light packets and it looks like instant coffee- she says it is not too bad. Coffee is really expensive in China- you can get it, it is just expensive! So are coffee makers...... How are the kids enjoying school so far?

Maxine- hope you are having fun with the son in the area- looking for a house! How is hubby doing? Are you getting any free time for yourself???

Barb- looking forward to hearing about your ride : )

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
Old 08-27-2014, 09:55 PM   #1386
Mad Swapper

Hi all - I am here - I have just been able to plant the first of my summer garden - I put some lettuces in the herb garden last weekend, and today, after my dear brother came and sorted the sides of the raised bed (they were collapsing) I planted some celery. No studio time at the moment, but I have promised myself some tomorrow!!

Darlene - great to hear from you again - you have had some huge changes with lots of work, so don't beat yourself up and we will expect you when we see you

Shelly - yes DH is improving - the sight is marginally better in the eye that had the cataract removed - his leg is also not as painful, and he is due to start weight bearing (with crutches) this time next week - I think he is doing a bit of that now, truth be known!

I see you have had a couple of wins recently - congratulations!

Kelly - how did you survive without your Starbucks - praying for you my friend for the other issues.

Lynn - trust you are surviving the heat and the outside 'dunny' - oh , thats right, you are all fixed up again . Loved your Dog Day card !!

Barb - hope you have a great weekend and don't get calluses where you shouldn't have them....
Old 08-27-2014, 09:56 PM   #1387
Mad Swapper

Jeanette - I didn't mean to leave you out - congrats on the new DT position
Old 08-28-2014, 05:29 AM   #1388

Shelly, your posts make me smile from ear to ear. You always include all of us and know just how to make us feel special. THANK YOU for being the wonderful woman that you are!

Maxine, THANK YOU for the sweet words. I'm excited to be on the JLO team!

Sending (((HUGS))) all around and praying for the needs in this group.

*sniffling to see Kristie go (for now, at least)....... but totally understand.

Update on DD....... well........ school has started! She has 16 students! I think that seems like a lot of special ed students in a fairly small school... and hers are just secondary ed. There's another teacher who has the elementary ed ones. Last night the school had a community event where the parents came to the school to learn about what's happening at school this year and to meet the new teachers.

Next week, DD will fly to another village for a few days of Sped training. (I sure hope her flight isn't overweight.) Did I tell you about that??????? A week or so ago a group of teachers were flying on a bush plane to meetings. One teacher had to wait until the next day to go because when the plane went to take off, if started nose-diving because it was overweight. EEEKK!!! I told DD if that ever happens on a plane she's on, I'd recommend volunteering to wait to go the next morning. Sheesh! I would have been TERRIFIED!

DH looked online last night for prices to fly from here to Anchorage and then on to the bush in a bush plane. He's hoping to go see DD in October. I'll probably not go until next spring, since I don't really think I want to go in the winter.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-28-2014, 05:29 AM   #1389
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for posting Shelly. I didn't get a chance to come on last night.

I have really enjoyed getting to know you all and hope that someday I can return when I have more time.
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:14 AM   #1390
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning SCS Buds. This may be the last time I am on SCS until later in the weekend. Our friend Pat is flying in this afternoon and then we start to get ready for our 11 day bicycle trip. We are not sure if Deb is going to be able to join us--a bit of a hang-up right now, but tomorrow she is still bringing over her Suburban for us to use even if she does not go. She might be able to meet up with us next week, so she will take my CR-V home and drive that up.

I will check in when I can while we are gone. I am not riding most of the time--my job is to be the sag-wagon! I may drive them out 40-50 miles in the morning and they will ride back to where we are staying. Or, they will do a loop back to camp. Or, if we are moving to a new place, they will ride a bit of the way and I will pick them up.

Have a great rest of the week and if I do not get back here, a Wonderful Labor Day Weekend!
Old 08-28-2014, 08:20 AM   #1391

Kristie, take care of yourself, okay... and hurry back.

Barb, have a fun time; we'll miss you while you're gone!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #1392
Pearl-ExPert

Kristie, going to miss you - but I'll still be checking on your blog!

Jeanette - yikes on your daughter and the weight of the plane, etc. Scary for sure! I'd wait until spring to make a trip up there too. A tab bit too cold for this old Texas girl I'm sure. LOL!

Shelly, I was smiling after reading about your mom and dad on the mall train. How fun is that!!!!!!! And your piano lessons! Oh my goodness - FUN! Be sure and practice - that's the only way to learn. It makes me wish I hadn't given my piano to my son. I play - or play at it rather. Took lessons for years and am glad I did. My brother plays "by ear" and is all over that thing. Beautiful music!

Barb - have fun on that bike trip! Wish I was with you. I could drive the car behind the bikes and make sure everyone was behaving themselves! LOL!

Maxine - that's great that your husband is improving - and a big yea too on starting the garden!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:38 AM   #1393

Lynn, I definitely think waiting til spring is the plan.... hope DD agrees.

Ladies, our DS is coming for a visit - he'll arrive today and stay until next Tuesday! YAY!!! I am sooooooooooo excited to see him!!! So, I probably won't be on SCS at all this weekend, maybe not even until Wednesday of next week. Try to have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-29-2014, 07:39 AM   #1394
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

ACK! I just wrote this HUGE long post and poof! It went!

J, so glad your son will be home! woot! And your daughter's travels, the plane - wow! Glad they made it safe and sound, I'm sure they are in good hands though and they are practiced pilots I'm with you, I'd be waiting on the next one! That's so great about her small class - here, they cannot have more than 8 and that's with a paraprofessional. She sounds like she will not only enjoy it there but love making a difference!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #1395
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Did you hear that? Crying! Sobbing! The tears!! Starbucks had a MILE LONG line today and I could not wait in it - like 30+ cars, stretching around a bend and down a road. Did they not know their #1 customer was there!???? *tears!*

I was able to get into blogger this morning! I'm catching up! But it will take awhile, lol -- and still trying to figure out another part of it, but eh .... baby steps!
Oh, so sorry, Kelly. I sure hope you have quite recovered from this terrible experience. Was that the first day of school? I could understand why there were so many people needing a little pick me up!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #1396
Quacker Stamper

Wow! Jeanette! That's fabulous news for you about the new Jennifer Lynn DT. I don't know how you have the time or inspiration to belong to so many different DT's. You do fabulous work and they are ALL lucky to have you on their teams.

So weird - I did a quote on Kelly's post and none of that showed up.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #1397
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I do plan to get to all of your blogs soon--just too little time this week. I promise!
Thank you for your lovely comments on my cards.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #1398
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello my Addicted Friends!! Remember me - the crazy bird lady who thought that it would be no big deal to:
1. Clean out 23 years of a spouse's "Treasures"
2. Get a divorce and extricate all the legalities of being joined at the hip since 1980
3. Help pay for and coordinate her son's wedding (arrange the catering, do a rehearsal dinner at her house, host out of state guests, do all the flowers and bouquets from her garden and so on)
4. Fix her dang plumbing issues (plumber left at 10 pm last night. I'm too old for this)
5. Rearrange the house & home office so that the newly weds can move in.

HOLY COW. I am tired. And yes, I've been very lax lately on participating here in this thread and in visiting your blogs. But have faith (if you can) I am GETTING THIS UNDER CONTROL. (laughing but stomping her foot too make the point!) I refuse to let my life continue in this tornado any longer than it has to hahaha.

Soon I plan to be back here regularly and back drooling over your creations. My mental state needs it!!

However, if you need a more reliable contributor than I have been the last couple of months, I totally understand. No hard feelings!

Miss you all!
I feel your pain Darlene. My ex and I have been divorced for over 30 years and I think there is stuff junk in the garage that I need to get rid of.

You have sure had a lot on your plate recently. I didn't realize that the newlyweds were going to be living with your for the time being. How long are they planning to stay there? Are they job hunting or looking for a house?

We miss you, but understand how life can get sometimes. Hope if all calms down soon.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #1399
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Late nite check in- thanks fto all or answering the group question- seemed like a good time to re-evaluate. Kristie decided to step back and drop the group for now, and of course, if/when her schedule lightens up she can come join us again later.

I started piano lessons today- I am so excited to take lessons : ) A student that does their homework : )

Call my folks tonight- kept me on the phone for just shy of 2 hours...just chatting up a storm! My nephew went to visit them last weekend, and they took him and his wife to the mall- Dad took a rest close to the kidy train- which was getting no business, so they train guy got my Dad on the train, then Mom joined him.....so Kyle posted a pic on FB of my parents riding the kiddy train at the mall....hehehe put a smile on my face. My dad looks like he is having a great time!

Anyone have any special plans for the weekend- other than Barb going on an awesome biking trip?

Jeanette- Congrats! More beautiful cards for us to see- and such darling images too! So, what had your daughter been up to???

Darlene- glad to see you stop in- hope the move this weekend goes smoothly! No funny bathroom stories like Lynn's? Did I hear outhouse???

Kelly- dread- line at Starbucks? How did you do without it? Have you ever tried the $1.00 coffee at McDonalds? That is what my daughter Katie drinks when she cannot get to Starbucks..... In China, they have packets like crystal light packets and it looks like instant coffee- she says it is not too bad. Coffee is really expensive in China- you can get it, it is just expensive! So are coffee makers...... How are the kids enjoying school so far?

Maxine- hope you are having fun with the son in the area- looking for a house! How is hubby doing? Are you getting any free time for yourself???

Barb- looking forward to hearing about your ride : )

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
Woo Hoo! Good luck on the piano lessons. One day you'll be posting on You Tube on on FB. Can't wait. Another Van Cliburn among us. (I would have picked a woman's name, but after looking over a list of famous female pianists, I didn't recognize any of the names. )

Glad you got to talk to your parents and that's funny that they took a ride on the kiddy train at the mall. We had one here at our mall for awhile, but I guess it didn't have enough riders so they did away with it.

No special plans here. I think the kids may go to my DD's in-laws. They usually try to go there when they have long weekends since it's quite a drive for them. I have my cleaning lady coming tomorrow. I rescheduled my handyman for 2 weeks. I want him to stain the new leaf for my old dining room table and he needs to do that outside. We're supposed to have rain tomorrow so I don't want him doing that when the air is so moist. Hopefully it will be dry in 2 weeks to get that done.

Then I have the whole weekend to play and catch up on my DT cards. Maybe even make some just for fun.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #1400
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi all - I am here - I have just been able to plant the first of my summer garden - I put some lettuces in the herb garden last weekend, and today, after my dear brother came and sorted the sides of the raised bed (they were collapsing) I planted some celery. No studio time at the moment, but I have promised myself some tomorrow!!

Darlene - great to hear from you again - you have had some huge changes with lots of work, so don't beat yourself up and we will expect you when we see you

Shelly - yes DH is improving - the sight is marginally better in the eye that had the cataract removed - his leg is also not as painful, and he is due to start weight bearing (with crutches) this time next week - I think he is doing a bit of that now, truth be known!

I see you have had a couple of wins recently - congratulations!

Kelly - how did you survive without your Starbucks - praying for you my friend for the other issues.

Lynn - trust you are surviving the heat and the outside 'dunny' - oh , thats right, you are all fixed up again . Loved your Dog Day card !!

Barb - hope you have a great weekend and don't get calluses where you shouldn't have them....
Glad to hear that the weather is improving Maxine and that you're able to start your planting. I've never thought about growing celery. Does it need cooler weather to grow. Someone told me I should plant asparagus. Love it!

Glad to hear that DH is improving with his eye and foot.