Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-22-2014, 08:48 AM   #1321
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning, all!

Sorry to be MIA - life got in the way around here! It's still chaotic but settling - and a major decision to be made soon, alas ...... lots to think and pray over.

I can't read back up at all that I've missed so I'm wishing everyone is well!

Maxine, still praying for your husband and the eye appts -- what a dedicated pair you are.

Maggie, saw your prayer requests on my phone and although I wasn't here, I did pray for you and your DGD's as well ~ always an honor to pray for a friend!

Shel, one of my daughter's Senior pics is now on FB! It's so her, lol. She's a performer at heart - grabbed that little frame and posed, LOL! So grown up. I can't believe it.
dd19 starts 2nd year college next week and is determined to stay on her chosen path (we think she should have stayed in nursing, but it's not up to us!) She's already been pretty much guaranteed a job when she's done but she's heading for the hills of Tennessee/North Carolina when she graduates. Yikes!

Hugs all around - I'm missing a lot, I'm sure - thinking of you all!
I did see on FB this morning that her eye surgery went well and she's rapidly recovering from that. Haven't heard anything about the neck issue yet. Everyone else seems to be doing okay. Thanks for the prayers for them.

I saw your DD on FB. Very classy photo. She looked fabulous! What does dd19 want to do with her life besides nursing? One of my great niece's is starts at A&M this year in their nursing program. Wow! that's fabulous that she has a job lined up already.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:52 AM   #1322
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Shelly, I've been thinking of you. I'm sure you've had some great times these past few days, but the goodbyes are tough. I hope you aren't sweating!!! AC is such a nice thing, and it needs to work! About DD and her moose leg... yes, she cut it up and packaged it in appropriate serving sizes and put it in the freezer. Fortunately, each of the teacher rental homes have two big freezers in them... so the teachers have enough room to store up needed items for the winter.

Maggie, I sure hope you get a "good" call from the dealer today!

Hi Barb........ and SMOOCHY! YAY!!! So nice of you to share him today!

Kelly, I've been thinking of you, too... knew life must be very busy... but didn't know there are decisions to make, etc. Will be praying for you and your family as you seek His will!
Oh my goodness! I read your DD's blog and saw all that wonderful food she was getting. Amazing girl she is. She is really getting an education beyond an education! Life on the job.

I don't even want to talk about my car. I'm so sick of this whole ordeal. Now I'm thinking that I may get the rear bumper fixed and trade it in for a new car although I have not idea what kind of new car I want or want to pay for. It's nice not to have a car payment. Picked it up night before last and the a/c is STILL NOT working. They assured me that it was fixed and blowing cold air, well, it's not!!!!! I'm taking it back on Tuesday (I have other things I have to do and don't have time to mess with it before then) and they had better get it right . Just pull everything out that has to do with the A/C and start from scratch!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #1323
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Jeanette, I loved reading your daughters post and those pictures are great!! She's turning into a true outdoor adventurer! Good idea on the meat grinder too. That's really going to come in handy.

Kelly, I saw the picture of your daughter on FB. She's so pretty!

Let's see - I remember that Darlene is purging......um......wish you'd come do my house next. Also notice Shelly and Maggie having AC vehicle problems! Hope y'all get those straight. Too hot otherwise. Barb had a great time and the estate sale.......Shelly, so sorry Katie had to go back but know you enjoyed every minute with her. I don't even know who else I missed now. Forgive me.

I got back yesterday evening. LONG 7 hour trip coming home but didn't have any problems. That's always good. I started in this morning on the computer and just have an absolute ton of things that need to be done......and then got a phone call from one of Jim's son saying he and his family would be here after lunch! Grrrrrr..............there went the rest of the day. Oh well, guess there's always tomorrow still. Right now I just need to put this old body to bed! LOL! I'll check back in tomorrow if I get a chance.
They keep telling me it's fixed, but it never is. I even asked the service tech if he test drove it and he said he did. If he did it was only for a few minutes and didn't have time to even see if it would get cold. I've been on a website called CarGurus and one of the guys said the a/c temp should be able to get down to 40! I'll be happy with 65-70.

That was a long trip, but glad that you got there and back safely. Don't you just love drop in company. Oh well, they're family. Did they come for a particular reason or just to hang out with you.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #1324
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Loved the blog entry - what an awesome community to be in [despite the blood and gore ] That salmon looked fabulous!! Jeanette she is one lovely and adventurous woman!!

Great to see you all here - prayed for you this morning Kelly, and your daughter looks amazing!

Lynn I can understand your irritation after being away to then have unexpected guests ..

Darlene I do hope your purging is therapeutic

Barb you sure do get a round a bit, and what a busy weekend - glad it all went well for you.

Maggie I trust all your A/C issues are sorted - so glad the house one was relatively simple - bummer about the car though .

Kristie - hope all is well with you - have not seen you for a day or so....

I am still alive - DH is now in a moon boot (after fracture clinic this morning, thankfully at the local hospital) and feeling somewhat more comfortable, and the eye is o.k., but for some reason a bit sore at the moment - eye clinic on Monday so will see if there is anything amiss then.

DS and family are arriving tomorrow afternoon for a couple of nights, before they head down to Turangi for a couple of nights and a trip up Ruapehu (mountain) to the snow. They will also be scouting out housing etc ready for their move here early October.

The neighbour popped across this afternoon with a bird house to attract the Starlings this afternoon and attached it to the bean fence - I can just see it from the kitchen, so that will be interesting watching them nest.

We have a forecast for 10 fine days in a row - spring just may be here - at last I did some gardening yesterday, and also pruned a few roses - I am late with that job this year... darned RSI, I have to be so careful not to overdo any one thing.
You will see above that the car a/c is NOT fixed yet.

Glad that DH is progressing with his foot and hope that things go well at the eye clinic and that the pain goes away. Thanks for your prayers and sending up more for all that need them.

Enjoy your time with DS. I keep forgetting that you are opposite seasons for us. I don't think there's anywhere with snow in the US these days. I'm sure you're beyond thrilled that they will be moving there very soon.

That's funny that you are watching Starlings. I think they are the least popular bird around these parts. There seem to be thousands of them and they chase a lot of the other birds away. I haven't seen any here for awhile, so they must be spending the Summer down your way where it's a tad cooler.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #1325
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

I'm glad some of you (sans Kelly) enjoyed DD's blog post. ummmmmmm... Kelly, dear, I DID warn you not to go to her blog post! (And if you read the words in her blog that say, "Mom, don't read this........" that's a good clue. I don't doe gruesome!

Welcome Home, Lynn! Glad your trip was safe. Sorry unexpected company changed your day yesterday, but hope it wasn't too stressful!

Kelly, I absolutely LOVE your new avatar! Did you make that?

Maxine, it sounds like your DH is making healing progress. That's good.

Maggie, how are things going with the car situation now?

Waving at everyone else....... and dashing off!

I'm leaving town in a couple of hours for meetings, meetings, meetings.... so I won't be back here in the threads until Monday. Have a great weekend!
I hope you have fun at your meeting!!!!!!!! Enjoy the weekend and being away.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #1326
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Don't know what I did but at least I got it to come up in Reader. Does anyone hate computers like me????? LOL!

Love the pic of the puppy.
Glad you got it figured out. I don't know anything about how computers work or any of the software and especially blogger and Reader.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #1327
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, that's horrible about your car!!! It seems after as many times you've had it in there they'd put a new one in just so you'd quit coming in. LOL!!!!! I know the feeling about the new car business. I just keep putting off getting one.......but I did read that from Sept. to December is the best time to buy like a 2014 model since they're getting the 2015 cars in them. I keep telling Jim I need to go start looking...........and then think about that dreadful payment again. uck!

My brother just called last night and he and his wife will be here in the morning. I swear I need another vacation! LOL!
Old 08-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #1328
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
I did see on FB this morning that her eye surgery went well and she's rapidly recovering from that. Haven't heard anything about the neck issue yet. Everyone else seems to be doing okay. Thanks for the prayers for them.

I saw your DD on FB. Very classy photo. She looked fabulous! What does dd19 want to do with her life besides nursing? One of my great niece's is starts at A&M this year in their nursing program. Wow! that's fabulous that she has a job lined up already.
Oh Maggie! I cannot believe the a/c problems. I'm sure hoping they are driving and looking at it like they say they are?!! That's just crazy. Stay on it, don't settle and let them know you mean business 😊

My dd19 isn't studying nursing anymore. She changed her major in the Spring to Special Ed. She now wants to be a special ed teacher! She works with an aftercare class at a school and 3 of the children are autistic and Ausbergers and it really struck a cord with her. She's always done well at Sunday school and vbs but we never pegged her for this she says she is certain it's where God wants her to be. She hopes one day to be in The Appalacians working with the severely impoverished in our own backyard. Or something like that. Maybe then she will finally meet her cowboy
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 08-22-2014, 11:48 AM   #1329
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn ... Good luck with the company!!

Maggie. Our book club is reading Girl in translation this month. Have you read it? So far, so good!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #1330
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, that's horrible about your car!!! It seems after as many times you've had it in there they'd put a new one in just so you'd quit coming in. LOL!!!!! I know the feeling about the new car business. I just keep putting off getting one.......but I did read that from Sept. to December is the best time to buy like a 2014 model since they're getting the 2015 cars in them. I keep telling Jim I need to go start looking...........and then think about that dreadful payment again. uck!

My brother just called last night and he and his wife will be here in the morning. I swear I need another vacation! LOL!
That is the truth! Could of had a whole new one by now. I better by the time they get done. They get one last chance and then I'm unleashing the bear on them. Grrrrrrrrr. .. .

I've always heard that this is a good time to buy. I just haven't a clue what I would even want, although I have looked online at the Smart Cars Cute.

OH my. Is everyone in your and Jim's families retired? Seems that one or the other one is always coming to your house to visit. Do you ever go and drop in on them?
Old 08-22-2014, 05:31 PM   #1331
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh Maggie! I cannot believe the a/c problems. I'm sure hoping they are driving and looking at it like they say they are?!! That's just crazy. Stay on it, don't settle and let them know you mean business 😊

My dd19 isn't studying nursing anymore. She changed her major in the Spring to Special Ed. She now wants to be a special ed teacher! She works with an aftercare class at a school and 3 of the children are autistic and Ausbergers and it really struck a cord with her. She's always done well at Sunday school and vbs but we never pegged her for this she says she is certain it's where God wants her to be. She hopes one day to be in The Appalacians working with the severely impoverished in our own backyard. Or something like that. Maybe then she will finally meet her cowboy
Well, I think if they were driving it (for more than 5 minutes) and looking at it correctly, they would know that it's not getting cold and that it's not fixed! Ugh!

What a wonderful vocation. My DGS is a special needs child. He was originally diagnosed as Autistic, but as he grew older, they've rediagnosed him with Asbergers. He is such a blessing to our family. My DD and SIL are wonderful with him - so patient and loving.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:34 PM   #1332
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Lynn ... Good luck with the company!!

Maggie. Our book club is reading Girl in translation this month. Have you read it? So far, so good!!!
No, I haven't read that one, but it sounds like something that I'd like to read. I'll have to put it on my Goodreads list. This one we're reading now is really deep and intense Evening in the Palace of Reason- all about music and old European History. I don't understand a lot of it when they start talking music, but I enjoy reading the history parts of it.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #1333
Proud Fan Club Member

Aaaahhhhhhhh! End of a nutty week! Katie's party was fun, she was able to spend a day with Stephi on Monday- I worked all day..... Stephi and I took her to the airport on Tuesday early AM. She is in Jinan now.=, already telling me she forgot a few things- oh boy...! hehehe

Stephi went back to school on Wednesday- we had the van in Monday again- we have NO A/C at ALL!!! The told us when the first past goes out, it spews out debree into the system, and even though they flush the system, it can get clogged in the system........ OK, so we have spent over $2000,00 and they are telling us we would have to spend a couple of thousand more and get the entire system replaced now....really!

SO, I drove her up to Michigan- luckily we were blessed with a hot day, but not that bad...and I drove back later at night when it was cooler, so it was not horrible....... My Dad says we should trade it in......

Kelly- love the picture of your daughter- turned out beautifully! Bless her- working with Specal needs is such a great job- but challenging too.

Jeanette- LOVE the blog post your daughter put up- mmmm the Salmon looks delicious! The moose leg is an interesting story- and taking the meal to the people that gave it to her. What a neat experience this is going to be for her and you!

Maggie- so sorry about your car- hoping you have a better outcome than we have had!!!!! Glad the family eye surgery went well and hoping for a good outcome with the neck issue as well : )

Lynn- sounds like the car trip- although long- was successful. Did your daughter work you hard? Glad Jim had the dishes done before you got into the house : ) You have trained him well!

Maxine- glad your hubby is improving and has graduated to the boot. Hoping his eye is OK and the pain is just from the surgery and that it heals quickly. SO neat to hear your son will be living closer- you will be busy with them closer- lots of snuggle time too- if the kids hold still for that!

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Old 08-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #1334
Pearl-ExPert

Popping in for a few minutes before I head to bed.

I swear you gals and your car A/C's is not good at all! You'd think that someone, somewhere could get them fixed the first time. Hope it all works out. I can't image driving anywhere for more than about 5 minutes in the heat we have around here. Not good at all. We're suppose to have 100 plus all week long. Guess this is the "dog days of summer"! But even the dog doesn't like it! LOL!

My brother and his wife came and spent the day with us. That was nice and we even went out to eat at lunch so I didn't have to cook! YEA. Since they left about 5:00 no supper was cooked either. I had a handful of pretzels and for dessert had a handful of Cheetos! MY kind of cooking! LOL!

No, Maggie, not everyone in the family is retired. LOL! They just are either off on the weekend or take a day off, etc. My brother is retiring on Friday though - about time! He's worked at the Archives in Austin for 37 years!!! Still loves it but has gotten to where he hates the dive every day. He'll be working at home though as he does a lot of research and is writing another book.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!
Old 08-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #1335
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI girls! Long week here but woot for the weekend I'm glad we didn't have plans for after church as ds already has homework lined up and the girls have papers to write. Gonna be a busy year ahead! I am aghast at my daughter's schedule but she says she can manage.

Lynn, that's cool that you had company but didn't have to cook! My kind of company! LOL!

Waving hi to all the lovelies!

mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #1336
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Aaaahhhhhhhh! End of a nutty week! Katie's party was fun, she was able to spend a day with Stephi on Monday- I worked all day..... Stephi and I took her to the airport on Tuesday early AM. She is in Jinan now.=, already telling me she forgot a few things- oh boy...! hehehe

Stephi went back to school on Wednesday- we had the van in Monday again- we have NO A/C at ALL!!! The told us when the first past goes out, it spews out debree into the system, and even though they flush the system, it can get clogged in the system........ OK, so we have spent over $2000,00 and they are telling us we would have to spend a couple of thousand more and get the entire system replaced now....really!

SO, I drove her up to Michigan- luckily we were blessed with a hot day, but not that bad...and I drove back later at night when it was cooler, so it was not horrible....... My Dad says we should trade it in......

Kelly- love the picture of your daughter- turned out beautifully! Bless her- working with Specal needs is such a great job- but challenging too.

Jeanette- LOVE the blog post your daughter put up- mmmm the Salmon looks delicious! The moose leg is an interesting story- and taking the meal to the people that gave it to her. What a neat experience this is going to be for her and you!

Maggie- so sorry about your car- hoping you have a better outcome than we have had!!!!! Glad the family eye surgery went well and hoping for a good outcome with the neck issue as well : )

Lynn- sounds like the car trip- although long- was successful. Did your daughter work you hard? Glad Jim had the dishes done before you got into the house : ) You have trained him well!

Maxine- glad your hubby is improving and has graduated to the boot. Hoping his eye is OK and the pain is just from the surgery and that it heals quickly. SO neat to hear your son will be living closer- you will be busy with them closer- lots of snuggle time too- if the kids hold still for that!

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
That's great that Katie and Stephi were able to spend some time together before both going their separate ways again.

I feel your pain about the A/C Shelly. Mine is still not working and I'm thinking that I probably should have taken it back in on Friday and gotten a loaner car even if they didn't work on it until tomorrow. At least I would have had a car that had some A/C in it rather then driving around in a hot car all weekend. But when I first got it back, it was getting a little cool, not cold though. As the days have progressed though, that little bit of cool ans gone away and it's just plain HOT! I am thankful that I have the extended warranty on it so I've only had to pay the $200 deductible. That has been a blessing.
I thought about trading mine in too, but I'd want to have it all in working order first.

Thanks for prayers for my family. I"m told that my great niece's neck is just fine - no lasting damage and that she is recovering nicely from the eye surgery.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:15 PM   #1337
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Popping in for a few minutes before I head to bed.

I swear you gals and your car A/C's is not good at all! You'd think that someone, somewhere could get them fixed the first time. Hope it all works out. I can't image driving anywhere for more than about 5 minutes in the heat we have around here. Not good at all. We're suppose to have 100 plus all week long. Guess this is the "dog days of summer"! But even the dog doesn't like it! LOL!

My brother and his wife came and spent the day with us. That was nice and we even went out to eat at lunch so I didn't have to cook! YEA. Since they left about 5:00 no supper was cooked either. I had a handful of pretzels and for dessert had a handful of Cheetos! MY kind of cooking! LOL!

No, Maggie, not everyone in the family is retired. LOL! They just are either off on the weekend or take a day off, etc. My brother is retiring on Friday though - about time! He's worked at the Archives in Austin for 37 years!!! Still loves it but has gotten to where he hates the dive every day. He'll be working at home though as he does a lot of research and is writing another book.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!
Yes, you would think wouldn't you. I've been told that the different between a service tech at the dealer and a regular mechanic, is that the mechanic will work and work until he gets it all repaired whereas the service guy at the dealership looks at it, finds the first thing wrong, fixes it and then gives it back without checking to see if there is anything else that needs to be fixed.

Glad you had a nice visit with your brother and family. Yeah for going out to eat. Really don't want to do much cooking in this weather although I am going to do some later today, but nothing elaborate. I need to cook up some chicken for lunches this week. I also am going to make a "magic" cake.

That's great that your brother is finally able to retire. That is a really long time to work someplace. I hope I don't have to work at my job for that long.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #1338
Quacker Stamper

I had a busy day yesterday. Started out with getting my hair trimmed. It's a little shorter than I wanted, but looks good. I was thinking of getting it cut short, but put that off for awhile.

My hairdresser is in an area of town that is old and has quaint shops. I wanted to go check some out to see if I could find a place to sell my cards, but the one place I had heard about wasn't where I thought it was and couldn't find another place. Then there was another place but there weren't any parking places, so that all turned into a bust. I did talk to my friend though who does my hair and she suggested that I have a basket hanging on her all with some sample cards along with my business cards (which I don't have yet) and then people can contact me. I had thought about asking her about putting some cards in her shop, but it is a small place and she really doesn't have room, and I don't want to ask her to be responsible since she doesn't really sell things there. She had to go find a Christmas card that I had sent her a couple years ago and just raved about it.

Went shopping at Macy's after that and picked up a bunch of tops for me and also a couple things for my sis for her birthday in October and then for Christmas. So I've got one person done. By the time I was done and off to do my grocery shopping, it was pretty hot in my car. The a/c gets worse everyday. When I first get it back, it feels a little cool and gets hotter and hotter every day. I bought a thermometer at the store though and put that in my car so I can show them at the dealership how hot it gets in there.

The rest of the day was just cleaning up, doing laundry and working out in the garage getting some things together to put out for heavy trash pickup this week. I think this year at Christmas, I'm going to do a purge and get rid of some stuff that I don't use anymore since I don't have a big tree.

Old 08-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #1339
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Hello-Happy Late Sunday afternoon...................... It has been a busy weekend. I took a Copic Class on Saturday morning--coloring faces and hair. It was very good and I hope I can practice all that I learned. We went to a friend's house for party on her new deck later that afternoon. Today, after church we met some friends to play pickleball.

AND--this will be a busy week. We are leaving next Saturday for a bicycle trip and will not be back until the 10th. We are camping most nights and have one night in a hotel and the final three nights in a log cabin in northern Wisconsin. Our friend Pat, from Colorado--one of the riders-- is coming in on Thursday, so I have three days this week to get all caught up and get ahead with stamping along with packing for a trip! Here is a link to the blog I will be updating along the way. Lavendula Biking Adventures 2

Have a great rest of the weekend!
Old 08-24-2014, 02:50 PM   #1340
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies!

yes, it's the MIA member popping in again. I swear I really am not that busy but time seems to keep flying by. Last Monday was my birthday and I took the day off from work to scrap, it was a nice day followed by dinner out and cake. Then my mom and stepdad had their 25th anniversary on Friday so we went there on Thursday night. Yesterday was spent at a crop with friends I haven't seen in a year. We had a good time and I made 8 cards. Today has been a very lazy day. I need to get off the couch soon and help clean up the kitchen so Mike can make dinner.

Maggie - I cannot believe you are still having a/c problems!! I hope they can fix it once and for all when you bring it back. Good thinking on getting the thermometer to put inside.

Shelly - Sorry to hear you are having a/c problems too!

Lynn - hopefully your time for traveling and visitors is over for a bit so you can relax

Barb - enjoy your riding adventure!

Maxine - Hope you and DH are doing well and haven't had any more health issues.

Waving hi to everyone else! Hope you are all doing well too.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #1341
Insane Embellisher

Oh! I forgot to add some exciting news

My Mom and I are going to Disney World in December!! I am SO very excited to introduce her to my favorite place. We started discussing a possible trip a few months ago and weren't sure if we would go this December or next but she said since we were talking about, let's just go. Ok, Mom! We were able to get a room discount at my favorite resort (Port Orleans French Quarter), it's nice and small and I know it well. I wanted somewhere familiar since my hubby isn't going and I need to lead the way.

I am a little bit nervous since we haven't traveled together, just her and I, hoping to keep her busy enough not to be homesick or nervous lol!
Old 08-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #1342
Pearl-ExPert

Kristie, first of all...........happy belated birthday!!! Hope you had a good day.
That should be a lot of fun with you and your mom going to Disney! YEA!

Barbara, your bike trip sounds like fun........but please tell me what pickleball is!

Maggie, wish I'd been with you shopping at Macy's. Did they have some good end of summer deals? I need to get up there in the next week or so.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #1343
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy belated birthday, Kristie!

Oh Macys - my favorite store! Well, used to be - before kids ate up all our money, LOL! Now it's Abercrombie, Hollister ..... hee hee.

I'll be curious to see what they say about that thermometer in the car, Maggie. That's just bizarre!

Question ....... has anyone ever used Neenah Bright White? I found a pack of 75 pages cardstock in Target for $2 .... picked it up because, well, for the price, it was the right thing to do But I haven't opened it yet - does it work, anyone know? Momento ink is a match? Copic friendly? I don't have any, but often stamp images for card kits, etc ... If so, this was a bah-gain!
Old 08-24-2014, 08:42 PM   #1344
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hello to all!

Summer has just flown by, hasn't it???

I wanted to take a minute to ask everyone to evaluate whether or not this group is working out for you- do you have time to stop in once a week here on SCS and are you able to get to blogs once a week to comment/say hello???

I love meeting people and have such an attachment to everyone here : )

Kristi- belated Happy Birthday!!! I just realized we did not update the B-day list when you joined us- we'll have to get on that! And, the Disney trip sounds so cool!

Kelly, Neenah Bright White is the first cardstock I used with my Copics- it is great with Memento Tuxedo and Copics. What a deal! I will have to check out Target and see if mine has it! What weight is it? WOW : ) You'll have to let us now how it works out!

Barb- the bike trip sounds very cool! And, what is Pickleball- I have never heard of it either??? You have so much fun!

Maggie- Boo on the A/c still being out- and how lucky you are covered for the issue. The Honda's are not covered under the warranty for some reason....it is not maintenance or something BS.....

Lynn- glad you had a nice visit with your brother and SIl, and that you got out of cooking : ) Are you getting any stamping done? 100's all week- that is HOT!

We encouraged Stephi to see her adviser at school to make sure she had to go an extra semester for 3 hours of credit to graduate- with her 3 bachelor degrees..... she called with exciting news- she will have enough credits to finish on time! YEAH!!! Best news we have had all year- hehehehe

Oh- starting piano lessons on Wednesday : ) I am excited!

Have a fab week to all! And waving hello to everyone else!

Shelly
Old 08-25-2014, 05:14 AM   #1345
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Oh, I really shouldn't leave for so many days. I've read and read to catch up.

UGH! Maggie, that just stinks about your AC! I'd be throwing a hissy fit!

Shelly, YAY for your great news! I'm glad the graduation is on target!

Lynn, I'm just wondering... can I come visit tomorrow? Pretzels and Cheetos would be fine.

Seriously? Homework already, Kelly? I hope it went well!

Belated Birthday Greetings, Kristie.............. and how fun to plan a trip to DW with your mom!

Barb, your biking adventure always sounds like so much fun!

Maxine, thinking of you and your DH!

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 08-25-2014, 06:16 AM   #1346
SCS RAK Coordinator

Old 08-25-2014, 06:25 AM   #1347
SCS RAK Coordinator

I too have used Neenah cardstock and like it. It does work with Memento.

Pickleball--it is played with a solid wood or composite paddle, about the size of a paddleball racket--smaller than a tennis racket. The court is the same size as a badminton court--so it can be played on one side of a tennis court. The net is the same height as a tennis net and the ball is like a whiffleball--plastic with holes, the size of a baseball.

The game is very fun and fast--but the players do not need to move as fast and as much as in a game of tennis. The game is very popular with older people who used to play tennis. There are courts and tournaments all around the US--but mostly in the warmer areas. We found out about it from a friend who has two older friends who played it all the time in their winter community in Florida. We also taught it in high school and played in indoors on the badminton court. The kids loved it as it is a pretty fast game. Singles are fun, but doubles are great! The ball needs to bounce on the serve and second shot--but after that, it can be hit in the air and that is when it gets fast as it is hit back and forth while the players are close to the net.

That is maybe more than anyone wanted to know about Pickleball!
Old 08-25-2014, 06:30 AM   #1348
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all - scrambling through the threads!

Glad to see the Neenah is okay to work with - I have yet to stamp/color on it! The weight, Shell is ......... lemme go look ........ lol ......... 65 lbs. I thought for the price it would be worth bringing home Not sure why they call it Bright White though? Like is it literally whiter than normal cardstock? It doesn't appear so .......

Now, I normally ONLY stamp with PTI cardstock. LOVE LOVE LOVE that stuff. But they changed their paper sheet size in a stack (to half) and the shipping is as much as the paper, so I've had to start going outside my happy zone. I buy the 110lb white cardstock at Office Max now and it does the trick!

Thanks for sharing your Pickleball, Barb - I had no idea

Old 08-25-2014, 07:22 AM   #1349
SCS RAK Coordinator

Kelly--you can also check out the cardstock at Michaels. They have 110# in both white and ivory--they both are wonderful to work with. When you have a 50% off--it is $6.50 for a pack of 100 sheets. Here is the link of what to look for:

Recollections Heavyweight Cardstock Paper Value Pack
Old 08-25-2014, 07:37 AM   #1350
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Barb!

Now, this has me curious! I love that it's 110# -- I've worked with recollections before, and it's SO THIN! Like a hair above regular copy paper -- so this one might be worth looking into. The Office Max is about $12, I think -- so yours is half price. Me Likey!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:19 AM   #1351
SCS RAK Coordinator

Yes, this cardstock is nice! Carol got me hooked on it and I love the weight! Plus, to have both white and ivory is awesome.

Quote:

Thanks Barb!

Now, this has me curious! I love that it's 110# -- I've worked with recollections before, and it's SO THIN! Like a hair above regular copy paper -- so this one might be worth looking into. The Office Max is about $12, I think -- so yours is half price. Me Likey!
Old 08-25-2014, 03:38 PM   #1352
Proud Fan Club Member

Putting on group hat:
Reposting- please let me know either by answering here or sending me a PM- I will repost again until I hear from everyone as I think this gets lost in the thread:
I wanted to take a minute to ask everyone to evaluate whether or not this group is working out for you:
1) do you have time to stop in once a week here on SCS, and
2)are you able to get to blogs at least once a week to comment/say hello???

Thanks so much
Shelly
Old 08-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #1353
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes and yes!

I'm SERIOUSLY downsizing my online time and crafting/blogging in general - this is going to be a hellacious year for me for many reasons, some I can't get into just yet.
But I do covet your blind prayers, and I know is healing, listening, guiding. I'm trusting!

I'm also dropping out of a few threads on SCS to lighten the load, so to speak, and I'm no longer swapping (unless it's an established swap - that's grandfathered in)

But I will always have time for you all

I love this group ♥
Old 08-25-2014, 07:26 PM   #1354
SCS RAK Coordinator

1--yes, I do stop in this thread every day I am on SCS.

2--I do try to get to the blogs, but I know I am slacking there.

I will be fine with whatever the majority wants!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Putting on group hat:
Reposting- please let me know either by answering here or sending me a PM- I will repost again until I hear from everyone as I think this gets lost in the thread:
I wanted to take a minute to ask everyone to evaluate whether or not this group is working out for you:
1) do you have time to stop in once a week here on SCS, and
2)are you able to get to blogs at least once a week to comment/say hello???

Thanks so much
Shelly

Last edited by barbaralynn; 08-25-2014 at 07:31 PM..
Old 08-25-2014, 07:29 PM   #1355
Pearl-ExPert

I can't seem to get my "login" to stay on here - and am having to log back in every time I come here! Grrrrrr...........But Shelly, I did PM you just a few minutes ago regarding the questions.

Barb, thanks for the info on Pickleball too! Sounds like fun. I'm with you on that Recollections card stock from Michael's. It's even heavier than SU card stock! And Kelly, it's not like what's in the packages of color card stock from there. Totally different and so nice and heavy. They only seem to have it in the white and cream but I love it and wouldn't use anything else for card bases at all.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:30 AM   #1356
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Oh, oh! Question time...

1. Yes I do check in here 6 days a week (I take Sundays off of SCS due to the busy crazy day that it is in the home of a pastor. ) Of course there are times when I'm traveling that I can't get here, but when I'm home I look forward to coming to this thread.

2. I am usually able to get to the blogs 2-3 times a week, and love doing so because you are all amazingly creative..... and you inspire me!

Lynn, I had trouble with staying logged into SCS yesterday. There were also a couple of hours that it wouldn't even let me get here. I think maybe there was some work being done.

Kelly, I'm praying..... blindly.... to a God who knows/sees all.

Barb, now I need to go to Michael's. Sheesh! Thanks! Seriously, I will try to find that CS the next time I'm in the city.

Shelly, you are such a joy! Thank you!!!

Waving to everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 08-26-2014, 06:06 AM   #1357
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Tuesday-Hope it is Terrific!!
Old 08-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #1358
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving hello!

CAH-razy morning, running around, meeting at the school - good grief, my head is pounding and I'm about to drop from lack of sleep!

I get the same problem with SCS log on - now Blogger is down (for me) I couldn't comment on any blogs I visited and said Blogger has discovered an error? What on earth .........

*group hug!*
Old 08-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #1359
Pearl-ExPert

My commenting seems to work ok ( maybe ) but my scheduling of a post refuses to cooperate completely! I've tried everything including pinging the Feedburner deal. Nothing! SO frustrating! Does anyone have any other ideas? Oh, I posed a question in the Blogger help section too but of course they never respond to those at all. Grrrrrr.....
Any ideas!
Old 08-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #1360
Pearl-ExPert

Oops. Maybe I spoke to soon about commenting .......... haven't tried it yet but it may not even matter. Now when I bring up blogger it says I'm not following any blogs! Went to the help area again and it looks like everyone is having the same problems..and also the error on commenting Kelly.