Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #1241
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Okay, I'm with Kelly... plugging my ears. LOL! (I'm not a vegetarian... but also not a good meat eater.)

Oh how fun to go out for dinner with RR lookalike, though. Tee Hee!

Maggie, I have a daily planner book that I keep all my specs for the cards I make in. That way, when it's time to put the post together, I just turn to the appropriate day to see the supply list. I also make a notation of what I named the picture file, which makes it easy to find in my pictures.

Drats! You ran out of salmon before I made it to your house for dinner, Barb. (I do like salmon)

Oh, and this one is safe, Kelly.......... today DD and two of her co-workers went and picked fresh blueberries and fresh raspberries.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #1242
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, it's so nice to know I'm not the only one to like deer meat. It really is good! And Barb......does reindeer taste like deer meat.

Sorry, to gross Kelly and Jeanette out around here! LOL!

Salmon I can take or leave. I do like catfish and bass though. When Jim and I go fishing that's usually what we go for. We're not the 'catch and release' type either....we're the 'catch and eat'. LOL!

Kelly, sounds like you're soaking up every ounce of summer! That's great. When does school start for the kids?

That's a neat idea y'all had about the notebook and writing down what you used to make your card! I'm going to try that now. I usually just grab a post it note and put it inside the card with all the info on it. The problem with that though is that I have old post it notes scattered all over. Good idea on the notebook! Thanks!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:52 PM   #1243
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Maggie, I think you mean you and 3 GF's and Robert -- don't forget him! ♥

I'm just going to stick my fingers in my ears and pretend I'm not hearing any stories about any of that eatin' or what is being eaten!

We spent the day outdoors in some the luscious gardens and oceanside - bliss! Took a ton of pictures, and came home to find them all mostly blurry! I think the camera chip was damaged at some point - luckily, we have the phones with back up pictures but I have dinner to get on the table and settlin' down to do.

Tomorrow we're heading to the Keys - oh, I can't wait. Countdown to school days!
MEH!

Maxine, hugs for your dh and I agree, stay off the foot and YAY for your son! That is the most wonderful news! In this day and age, jobs are so hard to find and secure -- if you find one, keep it if you can!

Hugs all around!
LOL! Sorry, Robert wasn't invited. It was a girls night out. Had a great time and the food was yummy. Of course I had the salmon.

Sorry Kelly about the photos not being very good. Glad that you had some back up anyway. My DD and her family were just down in the Keys about a month ago and had a great time.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 08-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #1244
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Happy Saturday Afternoon! First Pre-Season Game. It is in Nashville and it is pouring rain, so it will not be a good game at all................. But, I am still going to watch!

Haven't heard any news. How'd the game go?
Old 08-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #1245
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Okay, I'm with Kelly... plugging my ears. LOL! (I'm not a vegetarian... but also not a good meat eater.)

Oh how fun to go out for dinner with RR lookalike, though. Tee Hee!

Maggie, I have a daily planner book that I keep all my specs for the cards I make in. That way, when it's time to put the post together, I just turn to the appropriate day to see the supply list. I also make a notation of what I named the picture file, which makes it easy to find in my pictures.

Drats! You ran out of salmon before I made it to your house for dinner, Barb. (I do like salmon)

Oh, and this one is safe, Kelly.......... today DD and two of her co-workers went and picked fresh blueberries and fresh raspberries.
I tried to grow blueberry bushes, but they didn't do so well. I think it was the summer we had the big drought, so nothing much survived that year. I'd love to have both blueberry bushes and raspberries. I love them both.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #1246
Quacker Stamper

Well, I've decided that I don't need Robert Redford, I need an auto mechanic! Yep, you guessed it, the A/C is NOT working!!!!!!!!! Oh, I'm so annoyed. It's in the high 90s and I have to drive with no A/C. Grrrrrrrrrrr. . . car is going right back to the dealer tomorrow morning and I'm going to give them a piece of my mind and ask to see the service manager. This is so ridiculous. I've had it there 3 times and it's still not working right.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:18 PM   #1247
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey Mrs Redford!

We're back! We didn't go all the way to Key West, just the first key (45 min drive) Lots of shells I found! We had to head back early as dd got really sick, we arent' sure it was from bfast (On the road) or too much sun, but we'll head back on Tuesday TOmorrow is appts, one back to back - ugh!

Sorry about your a/c We had that happen with dh's car and he finally went in there are read someone a riot act (he's normally SOOOOOO Laid back it's ridiculous!) and yep, working fine now - LOL!

Off to get a few things done in the house -- hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 08-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #1248
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, what do you do with all the shells you find? Hope your daughter is ok and y'all can go back this week.

Maggie, Uck on the AC going out. Yes, it's MUCH too hot to be driving without one right now. Hope they can take care of it pretty quick!
Old 08-11-2014, 04:37 AM   #1249

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, I think you do need a good mechanic! Sheesh! Sorry you're still having car problems!

Kelly, Oh no! Sorry you had/have a sick one. Hope she's all better now!

Lynn, I do like salmon... so would/will definitely eat it if/when I go visit DD. Yum!

Oh.......... and yesterday she had Eskimo Ice Cream (Akutaq)! EEeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww!!! I'm not sure I'd try it either. If you're unfamiliar with what is in Eskimo Ice Cream, click here.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-11-2014, 05:41 AM   #1250
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--Happy Monday and the start to a new week!

I am headed to stamp class this morning and the theme is Framelits! Then, come to work on a swap or two as I am a bit behind in getting some done and postal!

I have you have a Marvelous Monday!
Old 08-11-2014, 05:45 AM   #1251
SCS RAK Coordinator

Packer Update--I did not watch the entire game. It was pouring and not well played at all. I went to bed when it was tied and they ended up losing.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:58 AM   #1252
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, peeps!

Dropped dd17 off at high school today for some rehearsal - she and 9 of her peers were chosen to sing for something and are practicing today. Tomorrow is her "Senior Year Crown" making (the juniors put this one for the incoming Seniors, very cute -- they decorate it and wear it on the first day of school. Last year, a guy walked passed me with Christmas lights on the top of his! You go boy!)

I think I need a Senior status crown *grin*

Barb - I remember the first game of the World Cup is was POURING rain. I was flipping, thinking they needed to stop the game, make it fair. Nope. FIFA does not agree to rain delays and you play on in spite of. I can't count how many times they fell, but they seem to do that anyway in soccer - LOL! You bump them and they fall over and scream like their legs are broken! I so love me some soccer, but I think having classes in drama are a prerequisite to playing, hee hee! I'm sorry your guys didn't win. I'm sure they will turn it around.

Lynn, the shells! We are making a few holidays gifts -- including shell paintings and my personal fave, napkin rings! OUT OF BURLAP! ::: Hi, my name is Kelly and I have an obsession with burlap ::: I hope they turn out marvelous. The Pin looked fabulous so I'm going to recreate them

DD is better - thanks! In fact, she's the one at the school today. I think it was the sun.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a blackberry, raspberry bush of my own! I'd be the happiest on the planet!! OH yummy. They are so flippin' expensive at the store, too - we're lucky to get decent strawberries.

My SIL is leaving her small Alaskan town (somewhere near Anchorage). She is ecstatic! She absolutely hates it there. She's been there 3 years, they promised her a normal base but stuck her at some smaller remote area. She's from Europe, so it's not the weather, lol. And in 3 years, she's seen one bear, she says - LOL. One! It's raining 5/7 days and just all around miserable. She just learned she will be moving back home - YAY!!

Off to walk my crazy dogs ....... BBL!
DT:  The Project Bin

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 08-11-2014 at 08:40 AM..
Old 08-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #1253
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Hey Mrs Redford!

We're back! We didn't go all the way to Key West, just the first key (45 min drive) Lots of shells I found! We had to head back early as dd got really sick, we arent' sure it was from bfast (On the road) or too much sun, but we'll head back on Tuesday TOmorrow is appts, one back to back - ugh!

Sorry about your a/c We had that happen with dh's car and he finally went in there are read someone a riot act (he's normally SOOOOOO Laid back it's ridiculous!) and yep, working fine now - LOL!

Off to get a few things done in the house -- hugs!
Hope that DD is feeling better today. Sorry it cut your trip short, but nice that you'll go back. Will that just be for the day or are you planning to stay a few days?

I used to have a little box full of shell that I got either up North or down on South Padre and for the life of me, I have no idea what I did with them. I wanted to use a couple on a beach card I made and couldn't find them.

No riot act yet, but you'll hear it if it's not fixed today!!!!!! Then I'll get the service manager involved. I did tell the service tech that they owed me $295 refund that should have been covered under my warranty.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #1254
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, I think you do need a good mechanic! Sheesh! Sorry you're still having car problems!

Kelly, Oh no! Sorry you had/have a sick one. Hope she's all better now!

Lynn, I do like salmon... so would/will definitely eat it if/when I go visit DD. Yum!

Oh.......... and yesterday she had Eskimo Ice Cream (Akutaq)! EEeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww!!! I'm not sure I'd try it either. If you're unfamiliar with what is in Eskimo Ice Cream, click here.
I think I'll pass on the Eskimo Ice Cream - I'll take the kind with cream and leave out the blubber fat and the ground fish.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #1255
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Happy Monday to all!

Bears won on Friday night, we had a crazy weekend, even though Katie was in the city- I had to make a card, so colored while the game was on.

I am taking the Kit and Clowder coloring class, so have printed out lots of digi's and it will take ALOT of practice for me to even remotely color like the class teaches- light touches and small strokes......Yikes! If I am not doing that, working on Piano lessons : )

Saturday- very HUMID here- we worked around the house, made a B-day card for my neighbor and went to the Arboretum to look at trees We have two Ash Trees that the city removed and now can only put one tree in the parkway- so we looked at many of the trees on the list that the city provided- and definitely crossed one of the trees off of our list. I stayed up late working on a blog post and editing card pictures.....man it takes me a long time to post a card!

Sunday- worked in the house and at 4PM, we went to the neighbors house to help her some set up for the party. The people who were invited showed up at 6PM and she arrived about 6:30. For a kid 26 yrs old, he did a fab job getting that party together! Any and all complaints about him from her in the future- not valid- hehehehe He even had flowers for the tables- really!

Maggie Redford- glad you got some needed rain- cannot even imaging the humidity down there. Our air was fixed the first time- it was the compressor- and then the condenser. Now we notice if we are sitting idle- like stuck in traffic- the temp is warmer than the A/C is set at, so our car is going in tomorrow....plus needs maintenance. So, best of luck with the A/c getting fixed once and for all!

Jeanette- what an adventure for your daughter-I love Salmon, guess I would try Reindeer, but not sure about that ice cream....I am lactose intolerant, but it does not look like there is any dairy in it. Glad she is sleeping well too. It will be interesting to hear what she thinks of the kids levels of educ- whether they are on target, ahead or behind.

Maxine- Yippee- great news about your son moving closer- and will pray for your DIL to find a good job too.

Kelly Burlap - glad your daughter feels better- and well enough to sing today! And, so cool that you can go back again with the crew! We went to the 1st key and went snorkling once- fun fun! The hat/crown wearing sounds really fun too.

Lynn- My hubby loves Catfish- I can eat it if I have too, but like salmon and cod better. How is the bathroom coming along? Is it complete?

Barb- that Salmon sounds delicious and the S&H sounds well worth it! So sorry the Packers lost (I am a Bears fan- but I do mean it- it is only preseason though.....).

Waving hello to all!
Shelly

Last edited by mcschmidty; 08-11-2014 at 01:18 PM..
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #1256
Insane Embellisher

Hi everyone.
Sorry to be MIA again. I thought I would really be adjusted to my new summer schedule by now. I don't want to wish summer away but I am really looking forward to sleeping in the day after Labor Day! I left two blogging groups and I am hoping that will give me more time to hang around here.
I need to get back to work but wanted to stop in and say hello
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #1257

LOL! Maggie Redford, I won't eat either of the eskimo ice creams... the non-fishy one has a cup of Crisco in it. YUK!!!

Kelly, I thought your obsession was buttons. Oh my! I can't keep up! LOL!

Barb, I hope you had fun today, since the game wasn't any fun!

Shelly, you are a hoot! Love reading your posts!

Kristie, we miss you when you aren't around, but please don't stress. Life is what it is... and we will chat when you can be here. (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #1258
Quacker Stamper

Hi all. We've got a storm coming through right now, so I unplugged my laptop so I can keep going. It's pretty windy. I almost forgot to let my outdoor umbrella down so it wouldn't blow away. And I can hear pecans falling from the tree onto the patio cover.

Talk about stress!

Well, no car today. I called about 2:30 or so and they hadn't even looked at it yet. But they did give me a loaner - a Cruze! LOL! That's what I had when they had the great flood there I sure hope that's not an omen. He said they'd look at it first thing and he'd let me know what's going on. Not a clue yet what is wrong.

Then I come home to a 90* house!!!!!!!!!! Yep now the A/C at the house is out. I kind of saw it coming since it's been acting up, but didn't think it would just quit like this so soon. Dilemna - I just got a whole house warranty and can use it for the A/C, but it's not effective until Wednesday and then no telling how long to get someone out here. Or I could just call my regular A/C people tomorrow and not sure when they could come and I have to figure about the car too. Not sure for how many days I can live in a 90* house let alone sleep like this. I do have ceiling fans everywhere and have them going so at least the air is moving even if not cooling. I tried the deal turning it off and then turning it back on after it rested a bit, but that didn't work at all, so I turned it off completely. No send having it running up a huge electric bill when it's not going to do anything.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:46 PM   #1259
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Happy Monday to all!

Bears won on Friday night, we had a crazy weekend, even though Katie was in the city- I had to make a card, so colored while the game was on.

I am taking the Kit and Clowder coloring class, so have printed out lots of digi's and it will take ALOT of practice for me to even remotely color like the class teaches- light touches and small strokes......Yikes! If I am not doing that, working on Piano lessons : )

Saturday- very HUMID here- we worked around the house, made a B-day card for my neighbor and went to the Arboretum to look at trees We have two Ash Trees that the city removed and now can only put one tree in the parkway- so we looked at many of the trees on the list that the city provided- and definitely crossed one of the trees off of our list. I stayed up late working on a blog post and editing card pictures.....man it takes me a long time to post a card!

Sunday- worked in the house and at 4PM, we went to the neighbors house to help her some set up for the party. The people who were invited showed up at 6PM and she arrived about 6:30. For a kid 26 yrs old, he did a fab job getting that party together! Any and all complaints about him from her in the future- not valid- hehehehe He even had flowers for the tables- really!

Maggie Redford- glad you got some needed rain- cannot even imaging the humidity down there. Our air was fixed the first time- it was the compressor- and then the condenser. Now we notice if we are sitting idle- like stuck in traffic- the temp is warmer than the A/C is set at, so our car is going in tomorrow....plus needs maintenance. So, best of luck with the A/c getting fixed once and for all!

Jeanette- what an adventure for your daughter-I love Salmon, guess I would try Reindeer, but not sure about that ice cream....I am lactose intolerant, but it does not look like there is any dairy in it. Glad she is sleeping well too. It will be interesting to hear what she thinks of the kids levels of educ- whether they are on target, ahead or behind.

Maxine- Yippee- great news about your son moving closer- and will pray for your DIL to find a good job too.

Kelly Burlap - glad your daughter feels better- and well enough to sing today! And, so cool that you can go back again with the crew! We went to the 1st key and went snorkling once- fun fun! The hat/crown wearing sounds really fun too.

Lynn- My hubby loves Catfish- I can eat it if I have too, but like salmon and cod better. How is the bathroom coming along? Is it complete?

Barb- that Salmon sounds delicious and the S&H sounds well worth it! So sorry the Packers lost (I am a Bears fan- but I do mean it- it is only preseason though.....).

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
I signed up for one of the K & C classes, but haven't had time to even look at it yet. I hope too soon.

I'm glad that the party went well. I bet that made her DS feel really good that he was able to do a nice thing and have it go well.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:47 PM   #1260
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi everyone.
Sorry to be MIA again. I thought I would really be adjusted to my new summer schedule by now. I don't want to wish summer away but I am really looking forward to sleeping in the day after Labor Day! I left two blogging groups and I am hoping that will give me more time to hang around here.
I need to get back to work but wanted to stop in and say hello
Glad to hear that you're going to stick with us Kristie. It can be a bit much especially if you have other demands on your time.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #1261
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, you'll have to share a picture of those napkins rings and also the other things you do with the shells.

Maggie, YIKES on the AC going out in the car and house both! We were up to 103 today so I know I wouldn't be able to stay here. A couple of weeks ago ours went out but then we remembered it'd done the same thing last year and it had frozen up. Jim squirted it off with the hose and then we waited a couple of hours and it started up again. That was a relief! Hope you can get yours fixed - in both places - soon as it's too hot without it.

Shelly, I was wondering about the Kit and Clowder classes. She really does color beautifully.

I'm still laughing about "Maggie Redford"! LOL! It has a good ring to it for sure.......

Jeanette, I looked up the link for the Eskimo Ice Cream and no......I'll have to pass on that one too I'm afraid! UCKY!!!!! I'll eat just about anything but I'd probably draw the line on that one. LOL!

I'm leaving on Friday to go to my daughters for a few days. Will be back Tuesday but probably not until the evening....and then I'll be way too tired to even look at a computer I image. Seven long grueling hours and so boring. Jim's staying here with Rambo because he never can find anything to do up there and says that Kimberly and I spend our whole time shopping! LOL! We actually don't though. I have a feeling she'll put me to work this trip. She was recently divorced and just purchased a new home.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:40 AM   #1262

Okay, Maggie... I think that is just too much - no AC in the car or the house. How very challenging. UGH!

Lynn, I can't imagine anyone eating the older/traditional type of Eskimo Ice Cream, can you? DD's sample was the new version, but still............ EEeeeeeeeeeewwww!

And (Kelly, please don't read this...) last night DD said they had a "cultural" experience for the new teachers as part of the inservice yesterday - served them whale, seal, and moose. Eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww!!! She tried them all. She's definitely my adventuresome child.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:34 AM   #1264
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Kelly, you'll have to share a picture of those napkins rings and also the other things you do with the shells.

Maggie, YIKES on the AC going out in the car and house both! We were up to 103 today so I know I wouldn't be able to stay here. A couple of weeks ago ours went out but then we remembered it'd done the same thing last year and it had frozen up. Jim squirted it off with the hose and then we waited a couple of hours and it started up again. That was a relief! Hope you can get yours fixed - in both places - soon as it's too hot without it.

Shelly, I was wondering about the Kit and Clowder classes. She really does color beautifully.

I'm still laughing about "Maggie Redford"! LOL! It has a good ring to it for sure.......

Jeanette, I looked up the link for the Eskimo Ice Cream and no......I'll have to pass on that one too I'm afraid! UCKY!!!!! I'll eat just about anything but I'd probably draw the line on that one. LOL!

I'm leaving on Friday to go to my daughters for a few days. Will be back Tuesday but probably not until the evening....and then I'll be way too tired to even look at a computer I image. Seven long grueling hours and so boring. Jim's staying here with Rambo because he never can find anything to do up there and says that Kimberly and I spend our whole time shopping! LOL! We actually don't though. I have a feeling she'll put me to work this trip. She was recently divorced and just purchased a new home.
When I was driving home from the dealer in the new Cruze loaner, the temp read 103* also. Glad it wasn't that hot in the house. Hopefully, I'll be able to get both fixed today. Called the A/C people this morning and they'll send a guy over after he finishes his job this morning. Sounds like it will probably be after noon. Called in to the office to say I'll either be late or not in.

Are you driving those 7 hours to DDs house by yourself? That is a long trip. I'm better these days driving longer, but I don't think I'd want to drive that far all by myself.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:42 AM   #1265

Hi Barb!

Maggie, I'm glad it looks like the house AC will be fixed today!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-12-2014, 11:02 AM   #1266
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, close your ears..........Jeanette, I think I've heard that moose is very good. The whale and seal would probably have to stay where they are though. LOL!

Maggie, glad you're getting the AC fixed today. Entirely way too hot! Yes, I do by myself to see Kimberly. It's long...........and boring......and long! The problem is that it's so far between towns - like usually 45 to 60 miles. I just pat my little hood on the car and hope it makes it each time. I'm going to have to break down and get a new vehicle but hate the thought of a car payment at the same time. Right now mine has 108,000 miles on it so it's getting time to start looking I'm afraid.
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #1267
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi Barb!

Maggie, I'm glad it looks like the house AC will be fixed today!
FIXED!!!!!!!! The house a/c is back in business. Lucky it was a capacitor for the compressor and a bad start up for the compressor. It was able to be fixed and didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Car had a hose under the compressor that was leaking. They had to go get one somewhere so he said it wouldn't be done until late today or tomorrow, but hopefully that will fix it.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #1268
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Kelly, close your ears..........Jeanette, I think I've heard that moose is very good. The whale and seal would probably have to stay where they are though. LOL!

Maggie, glad you're getting the AC fixed today. Entirely way too hot! Yes, I do by myself to see Kimberly. It's long...........and boring......and long! The problem is that it's so far between towns - like usually 45 to 60 miles. I just pat my little hood on the car and hope it makes it each time. I'm going to have to break down and get a new vehicle but hate the thought of a car payment at the same time. Right now mine has 108,000 miles on it so it's getting time to start looking I'm afraid.
Just drive safely. How long does that drive take?
Old 08-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #1269
Quacker Stamper

Not going to the office. I still need to take a shower and do my hair and by that time it'll be too late and won't make any sense to go all the way there for maybe an hour.

I've been working in my stamp room, cleaning up and organizing stamps.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #1270
Mad Swapper

Hi girls - sounds awful hot where you lot are - Maggie take care that you don't melt

Lynn - drive safely and we look forward to you being back.

Jeanette I might try the meats, but the ice cream hmmmmmmmm????????? dunno!

Kelly I too would like to see your 'shell' projects.

Shelly that sounds like an awesome class you are taking. Your neighbours party sounds amazing, what a son! Hope you get a tree you like soon.

Kristie - good to see you popping in.

Barb - good to see your funnies - the salmon sounded wonderful - love the stuff myself!

DH is doing o.k., but thanks to a clash of appointments he stays in the backslab for another week as we have a post op Eye Clinic appointment tomorrow morning, then next Thursday a\the fracture clinic appointment... We have been able to borrow a wheelchair which means he can now go out - he is a little less scary on the crutches, but finds it very hard work with his lungs not functioning particularly well.... old age ain't for wimps!!!

I am feeling very tired at the moment, and to top it all off I had to have the car into the mechanics real early this morning - we picked up a screw in a tyre... we have an insurance cover that lets us call their courtesy service for a wheel change, so at least yesterday I did not have to wrestle with that. But it did mean an early start this morning to get the tyre repaired. Oh the joys of car ownership. At least in a small town the garages protect their reputations jealously as they loose business if they don't do a good job!

Waving at you all - don't know when I will be back as I seem to have to do twice as much at the moment with DH so incapacitated.

Card class went well yesterday though, so that was good, and enjoyable.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #1271
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Maggie- whew- glad you got that A/C fixed- I was sweating just hearing about it! Great that you took a day off too. So, can you eat the pecans that come off of your tree? (wow)

Lynn- safe travels! Hope your daughter does not work you too hard! Any bathroom repairs this time? Hahaha more bathroom stories to entertain us coming?

Maxine- Bless you- hope you get caught up on your rest : ) We had a flat Sunday- nail in the tire and it could not be repaired, so had to buy one new tire. Glad the class went well- & hope hubby is not too demanding of you!

Kelly- fingers in your ears please- Jeanette- I could see trying the meat- although for some reason I feel sad for the reindeer and the whale- but could not go for the ice cream!

Kelly- did you get back down to the keys? I too would love to see the burlap & Shells project.

Kristi- glad you could pop in to say hello- hope your time frees up a tad!

I love the coloring class- as I am visual, so I have all of my Copics upstairs where the lighting is better and I try to watch the videos and apply- I am going to need lots of practice.

I made a cut out of all of my dies, and put them in a binder- color coated by company. I needed to get them organized. For the multi-sized sets, I cut out one of each and saved the frame too, punched a hole n the upper corner and tied a loose string- that way I can pull them out and see if images will fit still. I finished it up tonight - SO MUCH BETTER!

Question- if you are on a DT- do you make comments on your teammates cards posted? Do you make an effort to comment if you have a GDT visiting? Just curious.

Waving hello to all- hugs from Illinois
Shelly
Old 08-13-2014, 05:15 AM   #1272

Maggie, I'm so glad your house AC is now working - I thought I was going to need a second shower yesterday just thinking about how hot it was at your place.

Maxine, I'm sorry you're having to work so hard (and tend to car repairs). Hopefully you'll be able to get enough rest. Please try to take care of yourself!

Lynn, travel safely! I've driven many a long trip - alone - and sometimes it can present challenges. I'll pray that your driving time is uneventful!

Shelly, to your question - I try to post a comment on fellow DT members blogs on the day of the DT post/challenge. I also try to do that for GDT members. That being said, I don't sweat it if I don't make it to the blogs and do that. I used to try to comment on fellow teamie's blogs every few days, but I discovered that very VERY rarely did I ever receive a comment from other DT members so I decided it must not be something that is important to do.

Today's Alaska update - Kelly you CAN listen to this - last night's cultural experience for the new teachers was beading. DD made a very fun pair of dangly earrings out of tiny beads. (YAY for no weird eating experiences!)

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #1274
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, bless your heart! I know how hard this must be on you with your husband not being able to do much and you having to take care of it all. Take care of yourself too!!!!

Maggie, the trip to Lubbock takes me between 6 1/2 and 7 hours. SO LONG! That's why I don't go often at all! I haven't been up to see my son in so long but it's hard on Jim going that far (another 6 hours or so) and the driving in Dallas is horrid!

Shelly, the bathroom! I thought I told everyone it was finally finished! YEA! It's not professional I don't suppose but ok. It's too hard on Jim anymore and he just refuses to get someone to do it for us. It does look nice - and we didn't end up killing each other in the process! LOL! Sorry.....no more stories on that experience!

In answer to your question........yes, I comment on all the other DT members blog - at least for the day of the challenge. After commenting for several weeks if I get no comment in return I just stop doing it. I've noticed that some of those teams do it and some don't. I always, always comment on the guest designer for the week. I think it's an honor to be the guest designer so I always make a point of letting them know we appreciate it and like/love their card, etc. I was a guest designer not long ago for a challenge blog and only one of the other members commented on my cards. That really made me feel like no one even wanted me there.
I also try to follow all the other DT members - either as a "follower", through bloglovin or subscribing. This isn't always returned by the other members though. I do know that when I first started stamping it was normal to follow and comment on each others cards. Seems that lately, more and more aren't commenting/following as much. Does that make sense? Maybe that's just the new generation of stampers! LOL!

If I don't get a chance to check in tomorrow - as it's going to be busy - I'll see everyone back here next week!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #1275
Mad Swapper

Talking on commenting - one DT team I was on expected us to follow and comment on each others cards, but of late that is not a requirement.... certainly no one does it on my current team, although I do follow several on it.

Got to the eye clinic and back with not much rain, thankfully, and it was dry as we left and arrived home, so DH (and I) did not have to try and dodge the rain and manipulate the chair/crutches etc. The report on his eye is o.k., and they are going to start looking at removing the cataract on the right eye. Delightful man has three 'issues' with the right eye, and now only two with the left one!

We were so late back to town that we bought fish and chips for dinner - and they were the best we have had in years. Partly I suspect because I asked for no salt, and we just put on what we like, which is waaaaaaaaay less than the shop cook uses!!
Old 08-14-2014, 06:10 AM   #1276
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Have a Terrific Thursday.

I will probably not be back online until Sunday or Monday. We are heading out of town early tomorrow morning as roomie's sister has an auction at her former house on Saturday. We are helping the auctioneer set everything up as there is lots and lots and more stuff to sell! Donna was a hoarder/antique dealer with much more coming in the last 15 years and very little going out. She has a three story-5 bedroom house and three outbuildings that were filled floor to ceiling, wall to wall, with furniture, toys, household items--you name it along with many boxes and bins of personal items. We spent a few weekends this spring and summer going through everything--lots of trips to Goodwill, the dump and then a burn pile too! The weatherman is saying possibility of rain on Saturday, so I am not sure how much we are going to be able to pull out and set up under the two tents that we being set up today. Donna now lives close to us in a Senior Apartment--one bedroom and has not lived at her house since last July. The house is also on the market to sell, but there has only been one interested party so far.

So.....................we are heading up tomorrow morning--it is about 2 1/2 hours away and coming back sometime on Sunday--much more relieved than we are now. I am going grocery shopping today as we need to plan meals for about 15 people--family and our friends-who are helping with all of this. I am making a double batch of baked beans along with potato salad to take along.

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!
Old 08-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #1277

Late getting here this morning.......... for some reason (we can't figure this one out) my computer AND my phone did not have wifi in our house this morning - HOWEVER, my DH's computer did. Weird!

Travel safely, Lynn!

You, too, Barb... sounds like you have a lot of work to do. Take care of yourself!

Maxine, I'm glad you made it to the eye doctor and back okay!

Maggie, did you get your car back?

Waving at everyone else!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-14-2014, 09:27 AM   #1278

Oh! OH! I forgot to give you an Alaska update. (Seriously, you can tell me to stop, if you'd like.)

Yesterday evening's cultural experience for DD and the other new teachers was a ride on the Yukon River and an Eskimo Dance event. How fun!?!?! Today she has meetings until about 3:30 and then flies back to her home village.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 08-14-2014, 06:38 PM   #1279
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi girls - sounds awful hot where you lot are - Maggie take care that you don't melt

Lynn - drive safely and we look forward to you being back.

Jeanette I might try the meats, but the ice cream hmmmmmmmm????????? dunno!

Kelly I too would like to see your 'shell' projects.

Shelly that sounds like an awesome class you are taking. Your neighbours party sounds amazing, what a son! Hope you get a tree you like soon.

Kristie - good to see you popping in.

Barb - good to see your funnies - the salmon sounded wonderful - love the stuff myself!

DH is doing o.k., but thanks to a clash of appointments he stays in the backslab for another week as we have a post op Eye Clinic appointment tomorrow morning, then next Thursday a\the fracture clinic appointment... We have been able to borrow a wheelchair which means he can now go out - he is a little less scary on the crutches, but finds it very hard work with his lungs not functioning particularly well.... old age ain't for wimps!!!

I am feeling very tired at the moment, and to top it all off I had to have the car into the mechanics real early this morning - we picked up a screw in a tyre... we have an insurance cover that lets us call their courtesy service for a wheel change, so at least yesterday I did not have to wrestle with that. But it did mean an early start this morning to get the tyre repaired. Oh the joys of car ownership. At least in a small town the garages protect their reputations jealously as they loose business if they don't do a good job!

Waving at you all - don't know when I will be back as I seem to have to do twice as much at the moment with DH so incapacitated.

Card class went well yesterday though, so that was good, and enjoyable.
Hi all! Instead of melting, I'm almost freezing! The A/C in the house is working GREAT! I usually keep it at 77 and now I have to turn it up to 78! So happy to have the house and car back to normal again.

Hope all went well at the eye clinic today and DH is able to get around a little better. He's so lucky to have you there to help him.

Sorry about your car tire. I hope you were able to get that fixed with no problems. I have warranties on my tires to get them fixed without any problem, but I don't have AAA which will come to your car and change the tire. I've always been lucky to have some nice man stop and change it for me when I've needed it. In my younger days I could d
Old 08-14-2014, 06:48 PM   #1280
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Maggie- whew- glad you got that A/C fixed- I was sweating just hearing about it! Great that you took a day off too. So, can you eat the pecans that come off of your tree? (wow)

Lynn- safe travels! Hope your daughter does not work you too hard! Any bathroom repairs this time? Hahaha more bathroom stories to entertain us coming?

Maxine- Bless you- hope you get caught up on your rest : ) We had a flat Sunday- nail in the tire and it could not be repaired, so had to buy one new tire. Glad the class went well- & hope hubby is not too demanding of you!

Kelly- fingers in your ears please- Jeanette- I could see trying the meat- although for some reason I feel sad for the reindeer and the whale- but could not go for the ice cream!

Kelly- did you get back down to the keys? I too would love to see the burlap & Shells project.

Kristi- glad you could pop in to say hello- hope your time frees up a tad!

I love the coloring class- as I am visual, so I have all of my Copics upstairs where the lighting is better and I try to watch the videos and apply- I am going to need lots of practice.

I made a cut out of all of my dies, and put them in a binder- color coated by company. I needed to get them organized. For the multi-sized sets, I cut out one of each and saved the frame too, punched a hole n the upper corner and tied a loose string- that way I can pull them out and see if images will fit still. I finished it up tonight - SO MUCH BETTER!

Question- if you are on a DT- do you make comments on your teammates cards posted? Do you make an effort to comment if you have a GDT visiting? Just curious.

Waving hello to all- hugs from Illinois
Shelly
Sure you can eat the pecans off the tree if you're lucky to get any. I've had a lot of green ones fall off before they ripen and the squirrels love them, so they tend to get a lot of them also before they ripen. I just hate to go out there and pick them up. Two years ago I picked up a ton of them and gave them to my DD who gave them to a GF of hers for her to use to make treats for her son who is highly allergic to peanuts so she would use the pecans.

I just commented on another thread that I had finished up getting all my stamps organized and now I'm going to start on my dies. I want to get them organized just like you did. Cut them all out and put them in a notebook with the name of the company and the name of the dies so I'll have them when I use them on a card and need to make a blog post. For the nested ones, I was going to see if I could lay them all on the c/s at once and run them through the Vagabond so I wouldn't have to do each one individually.

I most always comment on the other DT's blog posts as well as the ones that are playing that I'm assigned to unless I'm unusually busy that day and can't get to them. None of the DT's I'm on have had GDT's so no, I haven't done that, but if we did, I"m sure I would. They don't always comment back so if I miss a week, I don't feel bad about it. Some are very good about commenting on my blog post if I comment on theirs.