Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-16-2014, 02:56 PM   #1081
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Maxine, sorry about the migraine. Not fun at all I'm sure.

Don't worry about losing stuff Kelly. Somehow it always seems to turn up - somewhere. You must be kin to Jim though. I'm not even sure how he keeps from losing his head! I feel like a gopher most of the time just finding stuff that he's sat down and doesn't know where. I always get behind him in the checkout line at a store. He'll leave his check book, billfold, glasses....you name it. LOL!

My sister in law asked if I'd make her 30 bridal shower invites for a shower she's hosting. So, ran up to the city today and got some stuff for that. She doesn't have to have them until Sept. so it shouldn't be a problem anyway. That's all I did today - I've completely lost my mojo - gone forever it seems! What do you do when that happens to you?????????????? Need help bad!
That sounds like a fun project! That should help get get the mojo juices flowing again. I'm in too many DT groups to lose my mojo. Got to Paper Playful and look over the challenges that are listed and pick out one or two to work on.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-17-2014, 07:29 AM   #1082
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning. It will be a busy couple of days. A friend is coming in today and will stay until Monday. She is from northern Wisconsin and is taking the bus into Milwaukee this afternoon. I plan to take her to lunch at TGI Fridays as that is at Miller Park, home of the Brewers. The restaurant looks over the park and she along with her late hubby are big baseball fans. I think that will be fun.

Not sure what are in the plans for tomorrow as she does not move around too well--but I think she will be fine just hanging out here. I think I still will be able to play in the stamp room. Tomorrow night, roomie and I have tickets to see David Hyde Pierce--Niles Crane from Frazier. He is at Ten Chimneys, a local "attraction" that was the summer home of Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne--Broadway legends from the 30's to the 60's. We have done a tour of the estate a couple of times and once a year, a famous actor comes in a does a week fellowship. A few years ago we saw Dick Van Patten--of 8 is Enough. The program tomorrow night is a Conversation with Pierce-a moderator asks questions and takes some from the audience too. It is a fun evening!

As far as the rest of the weekend--nothing planned. And, the weather is supposed to be very nice too!
Old 07-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #1084
Quacker Stamper

Sounds like a fun weekend for you and your friends Barb.

I'm supposed to go to the Miller Outdoor Theater tonight with a GF to see Best Little W-house in Texas! It's a fun show and is based on a real life incident that happened here in Texas involving a now deceased TV local celebrity - Marvin Zindler that happened years ago. Now if it will just quit raining early enough so it won't be too wet in the Park.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #1085
Pearl-ExPert

Going out of town for a few days. See everyone on Tuesday.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:37 AM   #1086
Mad Swapper

Just a quick call in here - the migraine cleared reasonably quickly, then I twisted a knee... not the best of weeks.

We are off to see family tomorrow, and then DH has his first cataract removal on Monday, so I probably won't be back until Tuesday at the earliest.

Waving to you all, and sending you some of our cold - can you please send some warm
Old 07-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #1087
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn- safe travels!

Maxine- glad you are feeling better- except for your knee..... I will keep you in prayers! And, hoping your hubby's surgery goes without any issues!

It's been a crazy week- moved along way to quickly! My son heads back to Colorado tomorrow. I have to say- I love his GF and so do all of his friends and the other parents of his friends. We had a gathering here on Thursday so they could all see him- it was a beautiful nite, so we were able to sit out on the porch. I had the kids come earlier than the parents and made chicken and beef taco's.

Hope you all had a blessed weekend- we went to church tonight, so I will be totally confused tomorrow as to what day of the week it is!

Shelly
Old 07-20-2014, 05:22 AM   #1088
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Going out of town for a few days. See everyone on Tuesday.
Hope it is for a vacation. Have a fun time.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:23 AM   #1089
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Just a quick call in here - the migraine cleared reasonably quickly, then I twisted a knee... not the best of weeks.
b
We are off to see family tomorrow, and then DH has his first cataract removal on Monday, so I probably won't be back until Tuesday at the earliest.

Waving to you all, and sending you some of our cold - can you please send some warm
Sorry about your knee Maxine, but I'm glad that your headache has cleared up.

I'll keep DH in my prayers tomorrow and hope that all goes well with the surgery.

Would you believe it's in the mid 70's here this morning. Feels so good.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:25 AM   #1090
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Lynn- safe travels!

Maxine- glad you are feeling better- except for your knee..... I will keep you in prayers! And, hoping your hubby's surgery goes without any issues!

It's been a crazy week- moved along way to quickly! My son heads back to Colorado tomorrow. I have to say- I love his GF and so do all of his friends and the other parents of his friends. We had a gathering here on Thursday so they could all see him- it was a beautiful nite, so we were able to sit out on the porch. I had the kids come earlier than the parents and made chicken and beef taco's.

Hope you all had a blessed weekend- we went to church tonight, so I will be totally confused tomorrow as to what day of the week it is!

Shelly
So glad that you DS's GF fit in with the crowd. That shows he's choosing wisely. Are they serious about each other? How long have they been together now?
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:26 AM   #1091
Quacker Stamper

I had a nice time with the kids last night. Dinner was yummy of course as always. They made a new dish though with Quinoa and added corn, black beans, cilantro to it. It was a side dish, but you could easily make it a main dish. After dinner we played a game call Telestrations. Fun. After 4 rounds of that, we went off to have Gelato at a local restaurant. So good. I took my own car there so I could just drive home after dessert. By that time it was getting after 8 and since it takes me 1/2 hour to get home, I like to be on the road by 8.

Off to get ready for church. I have a meeting for Family History after church and I'm conducting a class with the Youth about how to do Name Extractions.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:15 AM   #1092
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Happy Sunday!

Well, the kids are on the road- 7AM- they have 20 hours of solid driving..... Peanut is going to miss the other dog, but was getting a bit jealous....

Sitting here enjoying the hummingbirds at the feeder Ray set up right outside the window......so awesome They seem to be territorial...only one comes to the feeder at a time.

Maggie- glad the gathering went well. The dish sounds great- I just bought Quinoa.....it was expensive! I am not sure how much it should cost, as I have never really paid attn to it before!

Off to make some DT cards- if it were not for DT's, not sure how much stamping I would do in the summer time!

Waving Hello to all
Shelly
Old 07-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #1094
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Well, the kids are on the road- 7AM- they have 20 hours of solid driving..... Peanut is going to miss the other dog, but was getting a bit jealous....

Sitting here enjoying the hummingbirds at the feeder Ray set up right outside the window......so awesome They seem to be territorial...only one comes to the feeder at a time.

Maggie- glad the gathering went well. The dish sounds great- I just bought Quinoa.....it was expensive! I am not sure how much it should cost, as I have never really paid attn to it before!

Off to make some DT cards- if it were not for DT's, not sure how much stamping I would do in the summer time!

Waving Hello to all
Shelly
My DD was looking at the cost of the Quinoa. At the grocery store it was about .30 per ounce and I think there were 10 ounces in the package which was a very small package. They used 1 1/2 packages for our dinner. She also checked online for Quinoa in food storage #10 cans and it was $50+ for 4.5 lbs. which averaged out to about $.70 per ounce.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:08 PM   #1095
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening! Late evening check in - super busy but fun weekend with beach and snorkeling Nice and red but not totally burned, lol. Even got a few cards made - woot!

Shel, sorry to hear the kids are on their way back but I'm sure you had a wonderful visit! I can't imagine my kids not being at home, though I know that will be one day - just not too soon Poor Peanut! We took our dogs to the doggie park yesterday and they had a blast with the other doggies - they normally only 'visit' while on their walks so they had a great time romping and playing with the other puppies.

Lynn - short and sweet, lol! Have fun wherever it is you are going!

Hi to everyone - we have company so I'm dashing by with a quick hello
DT:  The Project Bin
mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #1096
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Sad news

I have sad news tonight- my nephew and his significant other- Adam and Madison- pregnant and due in 2 weeks- they could not hear fetal heart tones yesterday and she delivered a stillborn baby today : ( SO sad.......!
Please keep the family in prayers- they posted a picture of my brother holding the baby on Facebook and it had me sobbing- and I am a girl that does not cry often...aka rarely- too dang sad......!

There will be an autopsy to determine cause of death.....my nephew has had some rough breaks- I hope he can deal with this without too much difficulty- feeling so sad for him!

Shelly
Old 07-20-2014, 10:57 PM   #1097
Mad Swapper

Oh Shelly that is horrible news . I will pray for them.

DH's cataract surgery went well, but they did have difficulty extracting the actual lens. We are home now and he is reasonably comfortable. Hard drive to the hospital, but a good trip home.
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #1098
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Maxine, blessings for you and dh and hope he recovers nicely. You are a wonderful wife, my friend.

Shelly, oh that is the saddest news of all to read -- I'm so very sorry and my heart aches for the parents. May they find solace in God's mercy and healing, in His time.

Good Morning, everyone - busy morning, running around on campus with my dd then drove home in torrential rain. Now I'm homebound and not leaving!

She's baking a loaf of her 'famous' thyme bread - oh the smell in my house! Yum. She should have gone into baking - she's always baking.

Hugs all around!
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #1099
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello ladies--I hope your day is going well, even if it is a Monday.

I need to spend some time in the craft room today. I took our house guest to the bus station this morning and also had a couple of stops on the way home. I have a meeting tonight and also a couple of returns to do on the way. We have some friends coming in from Colorado the end of the week and have another golf outing in Green Bay on Friday. Then, Saturday, we leave for Palm Springs, CA as roomie has a convention there and are extending it a few days. Will be back on Sunday, the 3rd.

I have two swaps that I need to get postal by Thursday and also need to swap out the WS/PB swap I am hosting when the last of the packages arrive. Will be a busy week I am sure!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:52 AM   #1100
SCS RAK Coordinator

We are going to need these sunglasses today! Our temps are to hit 90 and with the heat index, it will be close to 100. First time this year it is so hot and I am glad I am staying inside!
Old 07-22-2014, 08:55 AM   #1101
Pearl-ExPert

Here I am again!
Shelly, glad you had a good visit with the kids and know you already miss them once again. So sad about your nephew's little baby.
Maxine, what's the latest on your husbands surgery? Hope all is ok.
Barb, sounds like it's going to be a very hot day for you. Grab the sunglasses for sure.
Maggie, I've actually seen the real Best little W-house in Texas! We were at a volleyball tournament in LaGrange and made our sponsor take us by there to see it. This was back in the 60's and it was still in full swing then! Too funny.
Kelly, wish I was at the beach with you!
Hope everyone else is doing good.

No vacation - just went to Jim's sister in laws for a few days. It was nice to get away though. We did have to go to funeral while there and of course those are never fun. Didn't even get any shopping in but that was ok. Back to the daily grind now.........
Old 07-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #1102
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi girls!

Lynn, I'm sorry your away trip included a funeral - but the blessing is that you were there for the SIL who was probably grateful for you both close by.

Full swing at the W-house ........ hmmmm, I think I won't touch that one, LOL!!! *wink!* Jeanette would be all over that comment! ROFL!!!!!!!!

We have been hitting the home stretch of 'oh boy' with things before school. Having 4 kids can break the bank! They need uniform tops (required), my son uniforms totally top and bottom (new school - chaching!), and jeans they have all worn out or grown out of, plus shoes all around - not to mention school supplies! Oh. My. Word.

Off to get a card done that's already late - eeek!

Hugs!
Old 07-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #1103
Pearl-ExPert

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 07:46 PM   #1104
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Maxine- did the difficulty extracting the lens cause any additional pain/discomfort for hubby? Hoping his vision will improve alot for him!

Kelly- be safe driving in those rains! Oh, going to the beach and sitting in the sand sounds so delightful! Hmmm never have heard of thyme bread- sounds delicious though!

Lynn- hope you had a nice visit- so sorry you had to attend a funeral. Is that the same SIL that just came to visit you?

Barb- yes, it was a hot one- but I am not going to complain- seems like the snow just stopped....!

Thanks for the sympathies for the baby- I suggested we plant a tree in his memory......we'll see!

Hugs to all
Shelly
Old 07-23-2014, 02:06 AM   #1105
Mad Swapper

Hi girls - life has been a bit busy - thanks for your support re DH's surgery. I am not sure if the difficulties caused any extra pain, as this is his first cataract procedure, but his eye was really painful Monday evening, but by Tuesday morning it was a lot more comfortable and now there is no pain, just some redness still. He is seeing a lot more light, but things are still blurry, and may be like that for up to a month, according to the leaflet.

Today we were up in the next town with my brother who is a (retired) mechanic - our car has had a rattle, and today we discovered that we need a new shock absorber on the left rear - thankfully with him doing the work, the labour costs will be far less that usual. We have to wait until the parts come to finish the job, but we can drive the car until then - thankfully

I have not got any crafting done for ages, it seems, although I did get a couple of images coloured today while I waited .......

Kelly I do hope you don't get as wet as part of NZ has been recently - i.e. flooding.

Lynn it 's good to see you back - pity the visit had to include the funeral .

Waving to you, and heading off to bed shortly - I am, um, er, weary - I nearly said something a wee bit naughty there
Old 07-23-2014, 03:28 AM   #1106
Gabfest Goddess

Hello!! Wedding mode is in full swing here - no W-house though LOL

My sister flies in later this afternoon, Best Man (I call him my Almost Son) arrived last week, his girlfriend arrives at noon today. Big gathering/barbeque at my house tonight.

I'm making the bridal and maid of honor bouquets from flowers out of my garden, that will be on Saturday. Although picking a couple tomorrow for a trial see how they hold up in those little water tubes for the bouquet...

Shelly, so sad about your nephew & wife's baby. Maybe they will get some answers...but not sure that it helps the pain any.

Maxine, was working in my garden last weekend and thought of you...wondered how DH's surgery went or if he had it yet. Now I see that one eye is done. Hope it continues to heal well.

Lynn, I struggled about 3 months with my mojo - or lack thereof. I finally broke out of it by going old-school. I made a set of cards the way I would have years ago when just beginning to stamp. No fancy technique, folds, coloring, etc. Just ink and colored cardstock. I did cut out one image, a bumble bee, and used that as an embellishment. Know what? I really enjoyed it!! And it broke me out of my slump.

Kelly, I can only imagine how expensive it is to get your gang ready for school. Wooooweeee!!! Just about the time your checkbook recovers it's December and time for the holidays and all the birthdays. Ouch!

Maggie, how are you my friend? I'll be more active on here after this weekend. Once the wedding is over it coincides with a few other items that are now getting behind me I feel like I'm reclaiming my life! I think I will just feel tired for a bit, LOL

Waving to Barb! Enjoy your visit and the nice weather!!

Hugs to Jeanette, I need to catch up with you sometime.

Kristie and Nancy, hope that all is well with both of you too. Off & running now, food to prepare and bathrooms to clean. Ahhh, the joys of entertaining house guests

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 07-23-2014, 06:53 AM   #1108
SCS RAK Coordinator

Darlene--I hope all goes well this week and you have a lovely weekend for the wedding!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #1109
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I have sad news tonight- my nephew and his significant other- Adam and Madison- pregnant and due in 2 weeks- they could not hear fetal heart tones yesterday and she delivered a stillborn baby today : ( SO sad.......!
Please keep the family in prayers- they posted a picture of my brother holding the baby on Facebook and it had me sobbing- and I am a girl that does not cry often...aka rarely- too dang sad......!

There will be an autopsy to determine cause of death.....my nephew has had some rough breaks- I hope he can deal with this without too much difficulty- feeling so sad for him!

Shelly
Oh, Shelly, that is so sad - to be that close . . . Sending up prayers for comfort and peace for them. I hope they understand that one day they will be reunited with that little spirit.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:55 PM   #1110
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh Shelly that is horrible news . I will pray for them.

DH's cataract surgery went well, but they did have difficulty extracting the actual lens. We are home now and he is reasonably comfortable. Hard drive to the hospital, but a good trip home.
Sorry that he had issues with the surgery, but glad that it is all over and done and he is doing well after it. Hope he doesn't have any problems with his sight in that eye now.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #1111
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Hello ladies--I hope your day is going well, even if it is a Monday.

I need to spend some time in the craft room today. I took our house guest to the bus station this morning and also had a couple of stops on the way home. I have a meeting tonight and also a couple of returns to do on the way. We have some friends coming in from Colorado the end of the week and have another golf outing in Green Bay on Friday. Then, Saturday, we leave for Palm Springs, CA as roomie has a convention there and are extending it a few days. Will be back on Sunday, the 3rd.

I have two swaps that I need to get postal by Thursday and also need to swap out the WS/PB swap I am hosting when the last of the packages arrive. Will be a busy week I am sure!
You are a very busy and social lady. Sounds like some fun times.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #1112
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Here I am again!
Shelly, glad you had a good visit with the kids and know you already miss them once again. So sad about your nephew's little baby.
Maxine, what's the latest on your husbands surgery? Hope all is ok.
Barb, sounds like it's going to be a very hot day for you. Grab the sunglasses for sure.
Maggie, I've actually seen the real Best little W-house in Texas! We were at a volleyball tournament in LaGrange and made our sponsor take us by there to see it. This was back in the 60's and it was still in full swing then! Too funny.
Kelly, wish I was at the beach with you!
Hope everyone else is doing good.

No vacation - just went to Jim's sister in laws for a few days. It was nice to get away though. We did have to go to funeral while there and of course those are never fun. Didn't even get any shopping in but that was ok. Back to the daily grind now.........
Yes, we used to drive by it all the time when we were going here and there around the state.

Glad you were able to get away. Sorry you had to attend a funeral while you were there.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #1113
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Hi girls!

Lynn, I'm sorry your away trip included a funeral - but the blessing is that you were there for the SIL who was probably grateful for you both close by.

Full swing at the W-house ........ hmmmm, I think I won't touch that one, LOL!!! *wink!* Jeanette would be all over that comment! ROFL!!!!!!!!

We have been hitting the home stretch of 'oh boy' with things before school. Having 4 kids can break the bank! They need uniform tops (required), my son uniforms totally top and bottom (new school - chaching!), and jeans they have all worn out or grown out of, plus shoes all around - not to mention school supplies! Oh. My. Word.

Off to get a card done that's already late - eeek!

Hugs!
It was bad enough having to buy new clothes for my girls as they were growing up and going to school. Luckily we didn't have uniforms back then like they do now. I don't know how you do it.

Last night I worked on my card that needed to be on the DT blog last night. I need to post it to my blog tonight for tomorrow's reveal. It's Christmas in July. It was fun pulling out some of my Christmas things for it. I have another one next week that is also Christmas. Think they are trying to tell me something - like get your cards going soon.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:41 AM   #1114
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! This might be my last post until Sunday. I am headed to the Post Office this morning to mail the swapped out WS/PB cards, along with some swaps I completed. I have a couple of errands and some grocery shopping as we have out of town guests for the next two nights. Tomorrow is an early morning as we, along with our Colorado friends, will leave around 7 for Green Bay with Ovarian Cancer Golf Outing, that was started 4 years ago by one of my college roommates who sadly passed away of that disease 3 years ago. We will not be back home until around 10. Saturday we leave for California and I will probably not be online that day. I hope to see everyone on Sunday!
Old 07-24-2014, 07:02 AM   #1115
Insane Embellisher

Hi everyone!

I am so sorry to have fallen off the face of the earth! We started summer hours at work 3 weeks ago and it's kicking my butt. I go in a half hour earlier each day and get out at 3 on Fridays. I've been so tired that when I get home on those Fridays, I veg on the couch. I told my husband that I am looking forward to September 2nd when I can sleep in LOL!

I am also sorry I've been hit or miss (mostly miss) on returning blog visits. I am trying to set a better schedule for myself so I can get something accomplished at night after work. I've even slowed down on the mega crafting I was doing. I need to catch up on my Christmas in July cards this weekend and hopefully get more scrapping done.

I did make two trips to the LSS earlier in the month. I bought MFT stamps and ordered storage containers for my dies. I think I bought paper on the first trip too but can't even remember now! Everything is still sitting in bags. I have so much to catch up on. I just renewed my Fan Club membership, looking forward to the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges!

The infection is gone. When I was a teenager, I had an infected sweat gland under my left arm. I had surgery for it twice and had no issues for 18 years until the last few months. It took 3 weeks of antibiotics to clear it up...the doctor said if it happened again, he would treat it with antibiotics again or "possibly" look into surgery. So if it happens again in the next year or two, I will definitely look for a different surgeon to go to.

Maxine - I'm glad your husband's surgery went well.
Shelly- I am so sorry for your nephew and his significant other's loss. How heartbreaking
Barb - I hope you have a great time at your golf outing and Cali trip.
Darlene - How exciting that the wedding is almost here. Sounds like it will be lovely.

I hope the rest of you are doing well.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:20 AM   #1116
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts! I'm home... for a week, then gone again. I didn't have time to read everything, but skimmed.

Shelly, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your nephew's baby. (((HUGS))) and prayers for all of you!

Darlene, woo hoo! Wedding time! Enjoy it as much as possible - especially having almost DS and others home for the event!

Kelly, what's this about swinging in a "w-house"????

Kristie, I'm glad the infection is over!

Maxine, I'm sorry to hear your DH had significant pain with his surgery... and you had health problems, too.

Lynn, are you who had the mojo problems? I must confess, every time I'm away on a trip - when I get home, I experience a bit of that. And I'm seldom happy with the first card to two I make after some days away from stamping. It's a frustrating feeling.

Barb, hmmmmmmmmmmm... can't think of a thing to say to you. I must be coming down with something. LOL!

Waving to everyone!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 07-24-2014, 12:07 PM   #1117
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi everyone!

I am so sorry to have fallen off the face of the earth! We started summer hours at work 3 weeks ago and it's kicking my butt. I go in a half hour earlier each day and get out at 3 on Fridays. I've been so tired that when I get home on those Fridays, I veg on the couch. I told my husband that I am looking forward to September 2nd when I can sleep in LOL!

I am also sorry I've been hit or miss (mostly miss) on returning blog visits. I am trying to set a better schedule for myself so I can get something accomplished at night after work. I've even slowed down on the mega crafting I was doing. I need to catch up on my Christmas in July cards this weekend and hopefully get more scrapping done.

I did make two trips to the LSS earlier in the month. I bought MFT stamps and ordered storage containers for my dies. I think I bought paper on the first trip too but can't even remember now! Everything is still sitting in bags. I have so much to catch up on. I just renewed my Fan Club membership, looking forward to the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges!

The infection is gone. When I was a teenager, I had an infected sweat gland under my left arm. I had surgery for it twice and had no issues for 18 years until the last few months. It took 3 weeks of antibiotics to clear it up...the doctor said if it happened again, he would treat it with antibiotics again or "possibly" look into surgery. So if it happens again in the next year or two, I will definitely look for a different surgeon to go to.

Maxine - I'm glad your husband's surgery went well.
Shelly- I am so sorry for your nephew and his significant other's loss. How heartbreaking
Barb - I hope you have a great time at your golf outing and Cali trip.
Darlene - How exciting that the wedding is almost here. Sounds like it will be lovely.

I hope the rest of you are doing well.
So glad that you are done with the antibiotics Kristie and hope that it will not return. You need to be extra careful. Would not want to have surgery on the schedule.

Sorry about the work schedule. I would love to work a little longer during the week and get some time off on Friday. I was thinking I was going to have to save my vacation days for my DD, but things have changed with them, so my time is my own again. I'm going to take off at Labor Day an extra day and make it a 4-day weekend. I usually do that and I have time to do a big project at the house.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #1118
Quacker Stamper

Welcome home Jeanette.

I have Single Chicks Dinner tonight. We're going to a place call the Red Onion Cafe. I haven't been there in a long time, so I hope the food is still as yummy as it was.

Still no word about Maggie Mae. Hope to hear something by tomorrow. Her eye is looking better today though.
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:34 PM   #1119
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
So glad that you are done with the antibiotics Kristie and hope that it will not return. You need to be extra careful. Would not want to have surgery on the schedule.

Sorry about the work schedule. I would love to work a little longer during the week and get some time off on Friday. I was thinking I was going to have to save my vacation days for my DD, but things have changed with them, so my time is my own again. I'm going to take off at Labor Day an extra day and make it a 4-day weekend. I usually do that and I have time to do a big project at the house.
Having an extra day to do a big project sounds like a good plan. We should do that too. I have several things on my list for this year that I wanted to tackle and we've pretty much ignored it.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:16 AM   #1120
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Far behind, trying to keep up with myself!

Maggie, the Red Onion caf has a neat name, that's for sure -- even as a vegetarian, I detest onions - LOL. Of course the caf probably just has a cute name and nothing to do with that exactly - like our local Big Red Tomato caf ... it's really an Italian restaurant If I have to cook with them for my dishes or steaks n onions, etc .... I usually grab Vidalias as at least it's a sweeter and easy to handle! Glad the single chicks had a great time out!

Hi to everyone - thinking of you all and just enjoying the splendors of summer