Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #1041
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
LOL! The potty is working and all is well! Shelly, I also saw the "potty" on FB and told Jim about it. We worked until about 9:30 or 10:00 that night and got it all going again otherwise I was heading to Walmart for a noodle and bucket! LOL! The bathroom is fairly well completed now - still working on a little of the molding though. Jim just can't do this stuff anymore and wears out too easy now. We should have never even attempted it ourselves but........don't think we will anymore since he's seen how hard this was. He's 76 years old and just getting up and down with a bad back and legs hasn't been good at all. I won't even attempt the molding by myself so that's the hang up right now. BUT, all is good and except for one day when things got a little testy, we still have the humor!

Shelly, sounds like Katie will be here before you know it now! YEA!!! Y'all are going to have so much fun.

Maggie, I need to clean up my room now too if you want to come help. I'm not even sure where to start!

Barb - sounds like the party was a smashing success! YEA!
Sounds like old Jim robbed the cradle when he married you.

I'd love to come help you clean up and organize. Even though my craft room is usually always a disaster, I do really like neat and orderly with a place for everything, and everything in its place, but it doesn't usually work out that way.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #1042
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
I taught the shaving cream technique today, and I added embossing resist to my sample to add to the effect. Here is my sample.
"tis late and cold so will write more in the morning.... Waving from here to you all.
It turned out really pretty Maxine. Love the way the colors are and the embossing looks so pretty over it.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:18 PM   #1043
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Finally got some Shaving Creme BG's made- I was...heavy handed with the ink OR the Distress markers are heavier coverage- one or the other- there is very little white.....and Barn red and yellow + Shaving cream turns Tangering...hehehehe I was going to make an Asian themed card and that changed- but I am not complaining. I have to say, the 'other side'- if you put another piece of cardstock over it, turned out fully covered but lighter in color...... I made 8 sheets and some scraps. I put some Brilliance Gold on one of them- the gold shows as a sheen- not really as Gold streaks, but I really like it.....

Katie arrives in the States on Thursday afternoon- please pray for her to have safe travels! She has a doc appt early Friday for a lump in her breast- hoping all of that works out quickly and smoothly as well. I should have done more housework today, Oh well...... I had a mammogram, then came home and I made 2 cards instead of washing sheets- I will do that tomorrow.

Shelly
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:03 AM   #1044
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 07-09-2014, 09:02 AM   #1045
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Finally got some Shaving Creme BG's made- I was...heavy handed with the ink OR the Distress markers are heavier coverage- one or the other- there is very little white.....and Barn red and yellow + Shaving cream turns Tangering...hehehehe I was going to make an Asian themed card and that changed- but I am not complaining. I have to say, the 'other side'- if you put another piece of cardstock over it, turned out fully covered but lighter in color...... I made 8 sheets and some scraps. I put some Brilliance Gold on one of them- the gold shows as a sheen- not really as Gold streaks, but I really like it.....

Katie arrives in the States on Thursday afternoon- please pray for her to have safe travels! She has a doc appt early Friday for a lump in her breast- hoping all of that works out quickly and smoothly as well. I should have done more housework today, Oh well...... I had a mammogram, then came home and I made 2 cards instead of washing sheets- I will do that tomorrow.

Shelly
I still need to work on the Shaving Cream technique. I don't know about this weekend. The kids are coming for dinner on Sunday to celebrate DD's birthday that was July 1. I've ordered her birthday cake so that's one less thing I have to worry about. It's a new place in town called Nothing Bundt Cakes and all their cakes are in bundt forms. I'm getting an 8" one that feeds 8 people so plenty big enough for the 5 of us and she can take the leftovers home. I bought a Groupon for it so got 1/2 off. I have to pick it up on Saturday morning.

Also, got a lead on another shop where I might be able to put some of my cards, and I want to go over there on Saturday also. I need to get some of my cards ready to sell with insides done and an envelope and take them with me so I can show the owner and maybe have them ready to sell.

Book Club was great last night. Would you believe they were at my house until 10 PM!!!!!! There were only 4 of us. The other 5 that usually come, didn't. One is on vacation, one was leaving today on vacation, one is allergic to cats, and not sure where the other 2 were. We had a great discussion though and a lot of chatting and eating. I had a ton of food left over and ended up giving everyone some. We had a new lady this time who is a nanny. Super sweet lady. I gave her a lot of what was left. She was very appreciative. Some of it would have been great for me like the fruits and veggies, but my fridge is full right now with other stuff and I really didn't have a place to put it all.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #1046
Pearl-ExPert

Breezing through once again...........Seems like I'll never catch up with everyone here but will try on Friday. Off tomorrow playing "cowboy" once again - and it's SO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggie, the book club sounds great (and so does all the food)!!!!
Shelly, I'm so excited for you with Katie coming home! Y'all have FUN! Hope all goes well with the doctors appointment for her.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:19 PM   #1047
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

YAY Maggie has extra food! I know where we can go for dinner! LOL! Especially if you have fruits and veggies! YUM!!

Did I tell you guys my daughter's garden is HUGE! And suddenly in a matter of days all her pumpkins (vines, mostly, but with sprouts) died She researched it over and over and we think it might have had some disease, but we don't know what or why ... she also read that if you don't remove it, it will affect the rest of the garden and veggies so she uprooted them all. It was doing so well!

What book are you all reading? I might have asked you already - I'm literally exhausted! Ours is reading "The Perfume Collector." I am not impressed with it, but all these sites gave it 5 star reviews .... it's about as entertaining as a dr's office wait to me, LOL!

Lynn, wouldn't that be you are playing cowgirl? I hope you get to cool off!

We had horrendous torrential rains again today -- and I had to drive in it I am absolutely terrified to drive in the rain!!! But dd had her Senior Portraits today - hair all done up, make up, high heels and a fancy dress ...... in the rain! We made it, and she looked beautiful. We waited an hour and a half I was not happy! They left her for the very last even though we had an appt because she didn't have the portrait preview (we will come back for ours when dh can view them with us and chose pictures) everyone else was buying on the spot so we kept getting pushed back and back and back ....... they were closed, lights were being turned off, the vacuum was going, etc and we were still there. They rushed through her pictures and I was about to cry! I might call tomorrow and talk to the manager and ask them to refund our sitting fee or offer to retake them again .... I don't normally complain and run the other way from adversity, but that was just not right :*( The positive was they had the game on so I watched Netherlands -v- Argentina, LOL!

I just learned that I have a new GDT starting from August to ........ JULY! WOAH! Crunch time! I'm super excited and now have to get crackin' on like 20 cards asap!

Many blessings for Kadie's arrival! And Jeanette's adventurous daughter! Darlene, hugs ...... for all the reasons why

Waving to Maxine and Barb who are giving me a run for the money in the busy department, lol! Nancy, Kristi ........ eeek, did I forget anyone?

Hugs to everyone!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 07-10-2014, 05:33 AM   #1048

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #1049
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #1050
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Hello Ladies--It has been a few days since I have been here. Yesterday I was in a golf outing about an hour and a half away, so that took me away all day. We then picked up a dog that we are watching for the next 8 days while his owners are on vacation. This morning I got my hair cut, took Skokie for a long walk, cut the grass and finally am checking in here. I am heading to the craft room in a bit to work on a couple of swaps!
Old 07-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #1051
Gabfest Goddess

Hello!!!!!

Yes, I went MIA again. Didn't mean to, just seem to be so swamped with the wedding coming up, people coming from out of town for it, etc. Guess July will be a blur.

Lynn, read about the bathroom escapades. Glad you kept your humor - and no one went to jail, LOL

Maggie, good luck with the card selling! Your's are beautiful enough, people should clamor for them.

Maxine, just left you some love on that amazing card. Really, really pretty! I bought some shaving cream, want to give it a try this weekend.

Shelly, saying a prayer for Katie. Hugs!

Barb, glad that your annual party was a hit. Wow, that's a lot of people.

Kelly, are the rains over? You guys sure got hit.

Waving to Jeanette, Kristie & Nancy!

If I overlooked anyone, please forgive me. Just popping in here quickly during work hours - shhhh...don't tell that mean woman who's my boss!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 07-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #1052
Pearl-ExPert

Breezing back through once again! LOL!

Got through playing cowboy/cowgirl today and it's been a VERY LONG DAY! And it's still HOT!

Tomorrow, Jim's sister in law (the wife of his brother that recently passed away) is coming and will be staying until Sunday...................SO! That means I won't be back over until at least then. Hope everyone has a good weekend - and hi Darlene! Nice to see all is going good with you and you're staying busy!
Old 07-11-2014, 04:59 AM   #1053

Have a GREAT day!

FYI - I am leaving town tomorrow morning - early - for 11+ days. I will most likely not have time/internet to check in while I'm gone. I'll see you when I return.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-11-2014, 07:14 AM   #1054
SCS RAK Coordinator

Old 07-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #1055
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Rushing through -- waving hi!!

Old 07-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #1056
Mad Swapper

Oh you girls live at 100 mph!!

Jeanette I look forward to seeing you slow down and spend some time with us again - is this another retreat?

Darlene it was great to see you here - hope the wedding goes smoothly

Kelly are your holidays over that you are rushing through so quickly these days?

Barb - waving at you and Nancy and Lynn

Shelly I hope your days off are refreshing.

Waving between rain drops and wind gusts to you all And we are not as badly off as folk up in the northern tip of the North Island........ they have taken about a five day hammering and a lot of areas are without power as well as being flooded
Old 07-11-2014, 05:43 PM   #1057
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Breezing through once again...........Seems like I'll never catch up with everyone here but will try on Friday. Off tomorrow playing "cowboy" once again - and it's SO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggie, the book club sounds great (and so does all the food)!!!!
Shelly, I'm so excited for you with Katie coming home! Y'all have FUN! Hope all goes well with the doctors appointment for her.
Hope you had fun playing cowgirl.

We have yet to hit 95 this Summer, but they say it will get that hot over this weekend. No rain in sight for a few days.

Came home tonight and went and watered the front yard. We haven't had rain in at least 4 days and some things were looking a little wilted. I'll do the back yard tomorrow. It's supposed to get up to 95 this weekend. Ugh! I can't complain too much. We have really been having a mild summer so far, but I dread what it's going to be like in August. That's usually our hottest month of the year.

I've got to go grocery shopping in the morning for DD's birthday dinner. Again have to figure out what to have for the vegetarian. I want something that I can add some chicken too for the rest of us and it still be good for her. I'm cheating on her cake - I'm buying one instead of making one. I got a Groupon deal for a place here in town called Nothing Bundt Cakes and they make all their cakes in bundt pans. I ordered a chocolate chocolate chip one decorated for her birthday. It's an 8" size and feeds 8 people so with the 5 of us, it should be enough with little leftover that she can take home.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #1058
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
YAY Maggie has extra food! I know where we can go for dinner! LOL! Especially if you have fruits and veggies! YUM!!

Did I tell you guys my daughter's garden is HUGE! And suddenly in a matter of days all her pumpkins (vines, mostly, but with sprouts) died She researched it over and over and we think it might have had some disease, but we don't know what or why ... she also read that if you don't remove it, it will affect the rest of the garden and veggies so she uprooted them all. It was doing so well!

What book are you all reading? I might have asked you already - I'm literally exhausted! Ours is reading "The Perfume Collector." I am not impressed with it, but all these sites gave it 5 star reviews .... it's about as entertaining as a dr's office wait to me, LOL!

Lynn, wouldn't that be you are playing cowgirl? I hope you get to cool off!

We had horrendous torrential rains again today -- and I had to drive in it I am absolutely terrified to drive in the rain!!! But dd had her Senior Portraits today - hair all done up, make up, high heels and a fancy dress ...... in the rain! We made it, and she looked beautiful. We waited an hour and a half I was not happy! They left her for the very last even though we had an appt because she didn't have the portrait preview (we will come back for ours when dh can view them with us and chose pictures) everyone else was buying on the spot so we kept getting pushed back and back and back ....... they were closed, lights were being turned off, the vacuum was going, etc and we were still there. They rushed through her pictures and I was about to cry! I might call tomorrow and talk to the manager and ask them to refund our sitting fee or offer to retake them again .... I don't normally complain and run the other way from adversity, but that was just not right :*( The positive was they had the game on so I watched Netherlands -v- Argentina, LOL!
I just learned that I have a new GDT starting from August to ........ JULY! WOAH! Crunch time! I'm super excited and now have to get crackin' on like 20 cards asap!

Many blessings for Kadie's arrival! And Jeanette's adventurous daughter! Darlene, hugs ...... for all the reasons why

Waving to Maxine and Barb who are giving me a run for the money in the busy department, lol! Nancy, Kristi ........ eeek, did I forget anyone?

Hugs to everyone!
LOL! YOu would have been disappointed Kelly, I gave all the extra food away. And I took the bagel chips and pita chips to the office. They were just about gone by today.

That's strange about the pumpkin vines. I hope the rest of the garden is doing well.

I started reading The Invention of Wings. So far I like it, but I haven't gotten very far in it yet. I didn't know when we picked it that it had been an Oprah Book Club pick which doesn't surprise me because it is about slavery.

Sorry about the picture taking not going very well. That sucks that they made you wait until the very last without an appointment. I think I would have made a scene. I don't like being walked on and taken advantage of.

Yikes! You're in a GDT for a whole year!!!!!!! That's not a guest, that's permanent! Good luck with it. Who is it with?

Old 07-11-2014, 05:51 PM   #1059
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello!!!!!

Yes, I went MIA again. Didn't mean to, just seem to be so swamped with the wedding coming up, people coming from out of town for it, etc. Guess July will be a blur.

Lynn, read about the bathroom escapades. Glad you kept your humor - and no one went to jail, LOL

Maggie, good luck with the card selling! Your's are beautiful enough, people should clamor for them.

Maxine, just left you some love on that amazing card. Really, really pretty! I bought some shaving cream, want to give

it a try this weekend.

Shelly, saying a prayer for Katie. Hugs!

Barb, glad that your annual party was a hit. Wow, that's a lot of people.

Kelly, are the rains over? You guys sure got hit.

Waving to Jeanette, Kristie & Nancy!

If I overlooked anyone, please forgive me. Just popping in here quickly during work hours - shhhh...don't tell that mean woman who's my boss!
When is the wedding? I"m sure it will all come together perfectly!

Thank you for the sweet words. I'm going to go check out this place tomorrow and see what it's like and if she already has cards in her shop and what they are like. I really need to put some together with envelopes that I can show and maybe leave there if she likes them. I really have no clue on what to sell them for though?
Old 07-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #1060
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Breezing back through once again! LOL!

Got through playing cowboy/cowgirl today and it's been a VERY LONG DAY! And it's still HOT!

Tomorrow, Jim's sister in law (the wife of his brother that recently passed away) is coming and will be staying until Sunday...................SO! That means I won't be back over until at least then. Hope everyone has a good weekend - and hi Darlene! Nice to see all is going good with you and you're staying busy!
Glad you had fun! Is it Hot up there yet??????

That's nice that you'll get to visit with Jim's SIL. Is she there for a specific reason or just needs to come visit for a few days?

Old 07-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #1061
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Rushing through -- waving hi!!

So cute!
Old 07-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #1062
Proud Fan Club Member

Dropping in to say hello- Katie and I ran around and did Doc appts and errands all day long! We really got alot accomplished : )

I blogged my Shaving creme card tonight- either I used too much reinker, or the distress reinkers really go a long way- hehehe not too much white left on the background I thought I would use red and yellow and make an Asian card, and what does red and yellow make? Hehehehe Looks coral IRL.......

Thanks for a great challenge Kelly!

Kelly- I would not just call the manager and ask for another sitting- I would INSIST on it- unless the proofs turn out satisfactorily...... Your daughter is so pretty....bet they look good even with adverse conditions. Weird about the pumpkins- boo! One year, we got something in the vine that just cleaned out the inside and it collapsed.....

Lynn- enjoy your visit with your SIL: ) Cowgirl huh Lynn? Boots and stirrups and all?

Jeanette- safe travels!

Maxine- so glad you are safe from the worse of the storms and that you have power! Hope hubby is feeling well- you too : )

Maggie- sounds like a fun gathering- hope you do get some warmer weather. There are some really good recipes on Pintrest- I started a vegetarian board- Katie does not eat a ton of meat- I am lactose intolerant and Chris's GF is gluten intolerant..... The store sounds interesting- don't price your cards too low : )

Darlene- so glad to see you popping in! The wedding will be here before you know it- when do they move in with you?

Barb- the golf outing sounds like it was a blast! So, so you have a dog already? What kind of dog are you babysitting?

Waving hi to everyone else!

Shelly
Old 07-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #1063
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, girls!

YAY for Katie in the house! I'm sure there is much she wants to do while back home. WTG on your pinterest recipes - I've incorporated a few into the house and the kids goobled it up without realizing it! They will never go totally vegetarian - they are quite carnivorous, lol, especially with burgers n bacon (esp together!) Praying for her as well and know that all will be well!

Oh Maggie, I don't even know what I typed if I put a GDT for a year! LOL!! It's just for July - the stamps just arrived, all the way from Norway! FAB-U-LOUS! She's a sweetie, too. The other DT (JFF) is 6 months -- maybe that's what I meant, I confuse myself!

Thanks for the good thoughts about the pics -- I'm sorry I vented. I was really sad for her but hopefully the proofs will come back fine, otherwise, it's a re-do! We find out this week *crossing fingers!*

Maxine, zipping in and out because we usually try to be outside in between rain drops but yes, school starts in a month here! Summer just flew by, sadly. We haven't done much either - just around town. We usually have one big vacation but with dh working like crazy and catching up from being ill, hospital bills, etc ... it's taken it's toll and we have to be a little more conscious of the budget now.

Not to mention dd applying to colleges - and lots of them! Too bad that money isn't refundable if they arent' accepted, LOL!

Hugs everyone!

Old 07-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #1064
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Dropping in to say hello- Katie and I ran around and did Doc appts and errands all day long! We really got alot accomplished : )

I blogged my Shaving creme card tonight- either I used too much reinker, or the distress reinkers really go a long way- hehehe not too much white left on the background I thought I would use red and yellow and make an Asian card, and what does red and yellow make? Hehehehe Looks coral IRL.......

Thanks for a great challenge Kelly!

Kelly- I would not just call the manager and ask for another sitting- I would INSIST on it- unless the proofs turn out satisfactorily...... Your daughter is so pretty....bet they look good even with adverse conditions. Weird about the pumpkins- boo! One year, we got something in the vine that just cleaned out the inside and it collapsed.....

Lynn- enjoy your visit with your SIL: ) Cowgirl huh Lynn? Boots and stirrups and all?

Jeanette- safe travels!

Maxine- so glad you are safe from the worse of the storms and that you have power! Hope hubby is feeling well- you too : )

Maggie- sounds like a fun gathering- hope you do get some warmer weather. There are some really good recipes on Pintrest- I started a vegetarian board- Katie does not eat a ton of meat- I am lactose intolerant and Chris's GF is gluten intolerant..... The store sounds interesting- don't price your cards too low : )

Darlene- so glad to see you popping in! The wedding will be here before you know it- when do they move in with you?

Barb- the golf outing sounds like it was a blast! So, so you have a dog already? What kind of dog are you babysitting?

Waving hi to everyone else!

Shelly
I don't think it hit 95 yet Shelly, but I'd really rather NOT have the warmer weather. I'd much rather it stay maybe in the mid 80's.

I found a bunch of recipes on a website called Midwest Living. We are having Linguine with Black Bean Sauce for dinner tonight along with salad, fruit, bread. I didn't make a cake for DD's birthday, I had a Groupon for a place called Nothing Bundt Cakes, so I ordered one from there. It's chocolate chocolate chip. Their big cakes only come in 3 flavors, but they had a bunch of other small individual cakes in other flavors so I bought one in Lemon Raspberry, but it's in the fridge. I haven't tried it yet.

I didn't go by the shop yesterday. I needed my 6 x 6 envelopes for the cards and I can't find where I put the ones I just got. I think I ordered 5 packs of them and don't know where I put them.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #1065
Pearl-ExPert

I'm finally back - sorta! Just tired. It's amazing how having company for several days can do that to a person. Don't think I'll ever catch up on the commenting on blogs - and not even going to try I don't think. Just go on from this day forward I guess! LOL!
Jim's sister in law (his brother died several months ago) came and stayed for a few days. It was nice and she just wanted to get away for a while. She's a very sweet lady and I don't feel like I have to scrub the house before she gets here. Pretty laid back. But just the cooking and all that wears you out. We did manage to go to the city yesterday and just hit a couple of re-sale shops and then a very upscale grocery. It was fun, crowded, and didn't even come home with much.

Back to the weekly grind now I guess.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #1066
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 07-13-2014, 06:39 PM   #1067
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I'm finally back - sorta! Just tired. It's amazing how having company for several days can do that to a person. Don't think I'll ever catch up on the commenting on blogs - and not even going to try I don't think. Just go on from this day forward I guess! LOL!
Jim's sister in law (his brother died several months ago) came and stayed for a few days. It was nice and she just wanted to get away for a while. She's a very sweet lady and I don't feel like I have to scrub the house before she gets here. Pretty laid back. But just the cooking and all that wears you out. We did manage to go to the city yesterday and just hit a couple of re-sale shops and then a very upscale grocery. It was fun, crowded, and didn't even come home with much.

Back to the weekly grind now I guess.
Yes, I do think that company can wear you out. That's nice of yu to have her come visit for a few days. Sounds like a fun shopping trip even if you didn't spend or buy a lot.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #1068
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
I hope everyone had a good weekend!
Dinner with the kids turned out fabulous. They all loved the dish that I prepared and my SIL said he "really" liked it. That's saying something because he most always likes whatever I cook. DD took a copy of the recipe home with her plus 3 more that I had found that DGD said she would like.

I ended up making some broccoli and cheese for my DGS. He's not big on salad although he'll eat it. The dessert went over really big. The cake was so yummy and I had Triple Chocolate Gelato to go with it. We all indulged and it was so yummy. First time I've had Gelato. I couldn't put any candles on the cake because of the decorations, so after we sang happy birthday, my DD pretended to blow out the candles.

The card I made her is an easel card and the sentiment on the inside said "If you are what you eat, then eat something sweet."

After dinner we played a game of Clue and my DD beat us all! I think my DGD was right behind her though. It's a fun game and one we like to play often.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nothing Bundt Cake.jpg (67.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Debbie blowing out candles.jpg (69.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Happy B'day card.jpg (43.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #1070
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, all!

Maggie, what a beautiful girl! And so happy - the card is perfect but okay, let's talk about that cake!!! There IS extra, right? It looks sooo yummy! Now I can put that on my list with the Crave cupcakes .... LOL! You are a wonderful hostess, my friend.

Hi Barb, Lynn - glad you are back! I am scrambling to get a few blog posts done -- was supposed to be at the beach today, but now ds is dragging his feet and wants to watch tv and play Xbox Not sure I'm happy with this arrangement, lol, but at least I can get my cards done!

I've been looking FURIOUSLY all over the Cabana for where I set down a stamp and cannot find it. Oh my. Tell me ya'll have done this, too! I have looked EVERYWHERE, and it's probably right in front of my face -- I'm waiting it out and going back in a few minutes, after my coffee, to see if I can see it. If not, yikes!

Thanks for the comment on my blog, Lynn and Maxine -- you made my day (my week!)

Hugs all around!
Old 07-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #1071
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning, all!

Maggie, what a beautiful girl! And so happy - the card is perfect but okay, let's talk about that cake!!! There IS extra, right? It looks sooo yummy! Now I can put that on my list with the Crave cupcakes .... LOL! You are a wonderful hostess, my friend.

Hi Barb, Lynn - glad you are back! I am scrambling to get a few blog posts done -- was supposed to be at the beach today, but now ds is dragging his feet and wants to watch tv and play Xbox Not sure I'm happy with this arrangement, lol, but at least I can get my cards done!

I've been looking FURIOUSLY all over the Cabana for where I set down a stamp and cannot find it. Oh my. Tell me ya'll have done this, too! I have looked EVERYWHERE, and it's probably right in front of my face -- I'm waiting it out and going back in a few minutes, after my coffee, to see if I can see it. If not, yikes!

Thanks for the comment on my blog, Lynn and Maxine -- you made my day (my week!)

Hugs all around!
Thank you Kelly for your sweet comment about my DD. I'm pretty partial to both of them and they are lovely women.

Oh, there were leftovers, but I made DD take it home since it was her birthday. It was only 8" so enough for 8 slices. She said she could cut the leftover into 4 pieces for them and it wouldn't be as much as what we had. It was really very good. I'm trying to think of another reason to get another one.

LOL! I do that too. In fact last Friday night I was getting cards together to take to the shop I was told about to see about putting them in there, but I needed my 6 x 6 envelopes and couldn't find them. I looked in my big box where I keep all my envelopes and they weren't in there. I had just bought them so I knew that they had to be somewhere. So I blew off taking the cards to the shop since I didn't have envelopes for all the ones that I wanted to take. Actually I was so busy Saturday that it was probably a good thing because I ended up not really having time for it. Anyway, I went in that room yesterday to get something from my food storage and guess what! That pile of new envelopes was sitting on top of an IRIS container right NEXT TO the big envelope box!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2014, 03:10 PM   #1072
Mad Swapper

Kelly and Maggie I know what you mean - I loose my rolls of adhesive ALL the time, and they are generally just there in front of me where I put them down!!

Feeling a bit 'hung over' this morning as I collected a migraine yesterday

Maggie I love the cake looks gorgeous. Hope it tasted as good as it looks.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:12 PM   #1073
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Kelly and Maggie I know what you mean - I loose my rolls of adhesive ALL the time, and they are generally just there in front of me where I put them down!!

Feeling a bit 'hung over' this morning as I collected a migraine yesterday

Maggie I love the cake looks gorgeous. Hope it tasted as good as it looks.
Sorry about the migraine Maxine. I hope you're feeling better.

That cake was most delish!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:23 AM   #1074
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday. I was able to spend most of the day yesterday crafting and will also today. We are dog sitting our friend's dog, so I am trying to stay close to home this week. I might go over to my SU demo's house to help her finish her swap cards for convention--yes, she leaves tomorrow and always does these at the last minute.

I hope you have a Tremendous Tuesday!
Old 07-15-2014, 12:48 PM   #1075
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Barb, I hear so many people talking about convention -- how lucky, eh!

Maxine and Maggie, thank you for making me feel Human, LOL!! I am the WORST! I lose stuff ALL THE TIME. And I'm organized! That's what I don't get! I put stuff down and have no clue where I put it - go figure! My phone. My kids are ready to duck tape it to my forehead! I am like 10 times a day "baby, can you call my phone? I can't find it." Them "AGAIN? Mom. Seriously." LOL! Sorry! At least twice a week it's my car keys

Running around doing errands today - caught in the rain, yikes! I had to wait it out at Party City which worked out well for lil man - scored those 15 pieces of candy for $1 Where can you buy candy for that little anymore - not many places! Ya'll remember going to the general stores for a pop! and a small candy here or there with your 10c!
Aw, those were the days :_)

When we first moved to Germany from England, I was just 6. The deutsche mark back then was almost 2 to 1 - for $1 American, it was 2$ deutsche mark. Long before the Euro My dad would give us $1 - 50c for my brother and 50c for me and we'd live like Kings! The stores took both currencies and were very kind to the American kids - happy to take that American dollar, too, LOL.

Maxine, I hope your migraine is gone, my friend.

Hugs to all!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:16 PM   #1076
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, sorry about the migraine. Not fun at all I'm sure.

Don't worry about losing stuff Kelly. Somehow it always seems to turn up - somewhere. You must be kin to Jim though. I'm not even sure how he keeps from losing his head! I feel like a gopher most of the time just finding stuff that he's sat down and doesn't know where. I always get behind him in the checkout line at a store. He'll leave his check book, billfold, glasses....you name it. LOL!

My sister in law asked if I'd make her 30 bridal shower invites for a shower she's hosting. So, ran up to the city today and got some stuff for that. She doesn't have to have them until Sept. so it shouldn't be a problem anyway. That's all I did today - I've completely lost my mojo - gone forever it seems! What do you do when that happens to you?????????????? Need help bad!
Old 07-16-2014, 12:03 PM   #1078
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Wednesday : ) Back home finally and taking a break between chores.....

We went to Mackinac Island on Sunday -so we could all be together- had a glorious day weather wise- went biking around the Island, and we also broke down and bought some fudge......

Kelly- hope you found your stamp : ) And, how did the pics turn out?

Maxine- feel better! I did not remember that you had Migranes : (

Barb- how fun to stamp, stamp, stamp! I offered to help my SU demo last year, she did not take me up on it, but was up all night! She did not go to convention this year.

Lynn- hope you had a great time with your company : )

Maggie- you are so good- I would have kept some of the cake for later : ) I know me..! They have a bundt store here as well

I have to go- dog walking time has arrived and Peanut and visiting pooch Zoey are ready to hit the road!

Shelly
Old 07-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #1079
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning and Happy Tuesday. I was able to spend most of the day yesterday crafting and will also today. We are dog sitting our friend's dog, so I am trying to stay close to home this week. I might go over to my SU demo's house to help her finish her swap cards for convention--yes, she leaves tomorrow and always does these at the last minute.

I hope you have a Tremendous Tuesday!
I have two blogger friends that went to Convention. They have been going on 100% getting swaps and stuff ready to take with them. There's a lot of work that goes into the preparation.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #1080
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh Barb, I hear so many people talking about convention -- how lucky, eh!

Maxine and Maggie, thank you for making me feel Human, LOL!! I am the WORST! I lose stuff ALL THE TIME. And I'm organized! That's what I don't get! I put stuff down and have no clue where I put it - go figure! My phone. My kids are ready to duck tape it to my forehead! I am like 10 times a day "baby, can you call my phone? I can't find it." Them "AGAIN? Mom. Seriously." LOL! Sorry! At least twice a week it's my car keys

Running around doing errands today - caught in the rain, yikes! I had to wait it out at Party City which worked out well for lil man - scored those 15 pieces of candy for $1 Where can you buy candy for that little anymore - not many places! Ya'll remember going to the general stores for a pop! and a small candy here or there with your 10c!
Aw, those were the days :_)

When we first moved to Germany from England, I was just 6. The deutsche mark back then was almost 2 to 1 - for $1 American, it was 2$ deutsche mark. Long before the Euro My dad would give us $1 - 50c for my brother and 50c for me and we'd live like Kings! The stores took both currencies and were very kind to the American kids - happy to take that American dollar, too, LOL.

Maxine, I hope your migraine is gone, my friend.

Hugs to all!
LOL! I'm with your kids. Need to ducktape that phone to your forehead! I make sure I keep mine right by me at all times after I left it in my stamp room one night and went off the next day without it!

We had rain today too, and I hope it rained at my house. It didn't start until after I got back from lunch so I was lucky.

I worked on putting a notebook together all afternoon after going out with a GF to lunch today. We went to a place called the Harvest Organic Grille. Here's a link to their website. Harvest Organic Grille | Houston's Organic Fresh Healthy Restaurant The food was excellent and it's a really nice place and the wait staff was very friendly and helpful. I'd like to go back here again. It was a little pricey, but they have a good lunch menu that is not as much as the regular menu.

I grew up in a very small town and we had a little general store. You had to drive to the next town to actually go to a slightly larger grocery store. The man had penny candy displayed there. We used to love to go there and get jawbreakers and those papers with the candy dots, the chocolates with the little white beads on them, and tons of other stuff I can't even remember. It was heaven on earth for us.