Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #1001
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Im back from a WONDERFUL trip to Thailand and trying to recover from jet lag, as well as catch up with things left undone while I was gone. Im finally making an appearance here, but Im so far behind I will never catch up in the threads, so if Ive missed something important, please let me know.

Welcome home Jeanette! Glad that you made it safely. How was the trip? Any fun stuff to share with us?

My car has been in the shop since Tuesday to get the A/C fixed.
The service guy called me earlier and my car is going to be ready today!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy! I was hoping and praying that I'd have it back before the weekend. And the best part is that it was only one little valve that was broken that cost $32! So my repair bill won't be too bad. Of course there will be labor attached to that. Waiting for him to call me back to let me know that it's ready. Hoping to leave a little bit early. Guess I will have to so I can have the rental car back to them before 6.

Today was another crazy busy day up until lunch time. I'm pretty much done with work and my boss has left for the day. Be glad when this one is over.

I'm planning on playing a lot this weekend.

I have dinner at my DD's on Sunday to celebrate her July 1 birthday. They've been gone to Key West since last Friday, just a short trip. They did have an eventful trip home. Flight was delayed for over 2 hours because of "no crew availability." Then they thought that they lost their luggage, but it caught up to them and everything was fine. That was on her real birthday.

As far as I know, there are no plans for the 4th. We used to go to the horse track on the 4th for the races and fireworks, but they haven't had them the last few years. Also, one of my nieces and her DH just bought a house up at Lake Livingston, so I'm thinking that they will be hanging out there. All good, I have a lot of stuff to do at the house and I really need the time to get things done
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-03-2014, 12:42 PM   #1002
Pearl-ExPert

Glad you're back Jeanette and know you had a wonderful time!

Maxine, glad you're feeling better too. Nothing worse than falling and making you sore all over.

Maggie, that's great that you're getting the car back today and it didn't cost an arm and leg! Well...........at least until they add their labor cost in of course! LOL!

We're back on Project Bathroom today. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Potty got ripped out this morning and I've only had to hit the brush twice! I didn't think before I drank that diet soda! LOL! I already told Jim if the thing was completed by this evening, I was going to a motel! He could come if he wanted but that's where I was headed. Y'all keep your fingers crossed that won't be the case though!!!!!!!!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #1003
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

YAY for Jeanette's return, car's being ready, and Lynn not having to go potty in the brush, LOL!!! Dude, you are brave! I'd be at the neighbors!

We spent the day at the zoo - HOLY HANNA it was hot!!! And then it poured lickety split without warning, typical of FL in the summer - whew! We had a blast though
Now I'm off to karate in a few -- while I'd rather just sit and chill!

Hugs, all!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 07-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #1004
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies,
I've been MIA since I'm not sure when?? Still dealing with a minor health issue that I think I posted about the last time I was here. It's aggravating but hoping the 2nd round of antibiotics works or it will be time to find another doctor.

Still creating a bunch here, it's what keeps me sane! I joined a Christmas in July card challenge. We have 5 prompts every 5 days and have until the end of the month to get them all done. Also hoping to get some layouts done this month and work on my Disney recaps some more. I kinda forgot about them after having blog issues last month.

No big plans here for the 4th. We are supposed to go to my Mom's and Mike's cousin's who lives a few streets over. It really depends on the weather. It's supposed to start storming tonight and keep up through some time tomorrow. All fireworks tonight and tomorrow night have been postponed until Saturday. The weekend will be nice though so I'm hoping to take a drive to the LSS, it's about a 40 minute drive so I don't go often...I'm spoiled by a short work commute so a 40 minute drive is like a "trip" to me LOL!
Old 07-03-2014, 06:15 PM   #1005
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Glad you're back Jeanette and know you had a wonderful time!

Maxine, glad you're feeling better too. Nothing worse than falling and making you sore all over.

Maggie, that's great that you're getting the car back today and it didn't cost an arm and leg! Well...........at least until they add their labor cost in of course! LOL!

We're back on Project Bathroom today. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Potty got ripped out this morning and I've only had to hit the brush twice! I didn't think before I drank that diet soda! LOL! I already told Jim if the thing was completed by this evening, I was going to a motel! He could come if he wanted but that's where I was headed. Y'all keep your fingers crossed that won't be the case though!!!!!!!!
OMG! That is just too funny Lynn. I don't think I could do that. I guess you only have the 1 bathroom in your house. I think I'd have been at the local McDonald's a couple of times during the day. I hope you were able to get it all fixed up so you could sleep at home tonight.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #1006
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
YAY for Jeanette's return, car's being ready, and Lynn not having to go potty in the brush, LOL!!! Dude, you are brave! I'd be at the neighbors!

We spent the day at the zoo - HOLY HANNA it was hot!!! And then it poured lickety split without warning, typical of FL in the summer - whew! We had a blast though
Now I'm off to karate in a few -- while I'd rather just sit and chill!

Hugs, all!
Sorry about the rain, but sounds like you didn't let it stop you any. Hope your evening is better.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #1007
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi ladies,
I've been MIA since I'm not sure when?? Still dealing with a minor health issue that I think I posted about the last time I was here. It's aggravating but hoping the 2nd round of antibiotics works or it will be time to find another doctor.

Still creating a bunch here, it's what keeps me sane! I joined a Christmas in July card challenge. We have 5 prompts every 5 days and have until the end of the month to get them all done. Also hoping to get some layouts done this month and work on my Disney recaps some more. I kinda forgot about them after having blog issues last month.

No big plans here for the 4th. We are supposed to go to my Mom's and Mike's cousin's who lives a few streets over. It really depends on the weather. It's supposed to start storming tonight and keep up through some time tomorrow. All fireworks tonight and tomorrow night have been postponed until Saturday. The weekend will be nice though so I'm hoping to take a drive to the LSS, it's about a 40 minute drive so I don't go often...I'm spoiled by a short work commute so a 40 minute drive is like a "trip" to me LOL!
Kristie, sorry you are still dealing with health issues. I hope that you can get on the mend or yes, go see another doctor. It seems that it has been way too long that you've been dealing with this.

At least you're able to do some crafting while you're trying to get well. I really need to get busy with Christmas cards. I think I have 5 that I've done this year so far.

No plans here for the holiday. Kids are out of town. I thought this was the weekend that they were coming here to celebrate DD's birthday, but they came back from vacation on Tuesday and have now gone to visit her IL's for the weekend. It's all good. I have so much to do here at the house and grateful for the time I'll have to tend to things.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:20 PM   #1008
Quacker Stamper

Speaking of rain Kelly, My car did get finished this afternoon so I went to pick it up. Yikes!!!!!!! As I was driving from the office, the skies got darker in the direction I was headed and soon the rain started. Rain, more like someone tipped a bucket and the water just poured out. It was crazy. I was soooooooo nervous driving that rental car and hoping that no one would get close to me or hit me. We were all inching along on the highway. You could hardly see the car in front of you or behind you.

Then once I got there I forgot where the rental place was in the complex. There are a couple of different buildings for service, parts, body shop, etc. The parking lot was all flooded where I pulled in and I waited in the car until it slacked off a little bit (a very little bit, it was still coming down). I was finally able to move the car to a parking space right by the door, so I moved it and got out and ran into the place. Ooops! Wrong place. It was the Parts Department. Ugh! Back out into the rain and into the car with wet feet. The water was about 6" deep right there. Had to go back around and over further to where the Body Shop is. Yikes! That was even worse. I was able to pull into a spot right by the door, but the water there was about a foot deep! I had on mid-calf capris and they got wet at least the lower 2" of them, maybe more. It was still raining a bunch so I got all wet.

The rental girl wasn't there and they had to call another branch to get someone over there. I did have to wait around there for some time until he got there. Most of the time I stood outside because it was just a tad not as cold. I was shivering in the a/c and I was wet from head to foot. I had called the service guy and he said that he would come get me when I was done there because I wouldn't have been about to walk all the way back over to the service dept. Even the guy who came to get me had a time. He was driving an Equinox and couldn't drive in the high water to get close to where I was so he went around to the back door where it wasn't quite so deep. By this time the rain had pretty much quit, but the deep water wasn't going down very fast. I left the office at 4:15 and got home about 6:45! At least the bill wasn't too bad. Even though the part was only $35, I still had to pay for labor, but even so wasn't that bad. So happy to be home and not having to go anywhere. I will go to the grocery store tomorrow. I'll also have to go by Discount Tire on Saturday morning to have the air checked in my tires. The low pressure light was on when I left the dealer.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #1009
Quacker Stamper

I think it's time for a snack!
Old 07-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #1010
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, so glad you finally got home ok! What an ordeal.

Still working on potty issues around here at 9:00 at night. This is not good in any way shape or form. I think Jim and I have almost lost our humor in the whole situation now! LOL!
As far as "hitting the brush"........it's really not so bad. Now after dark it could be a totally different story but am hoping it doesn't last that long! And nope - it takes about 20 minutes to get to a McDonalds!!!!!! There is a convenience store a few miles down the road but trust me......it's better in the brush! LOL! Y'all have just never been out in the boonies fishing or you'd know exactly how fun it is to hit the brush! LOL!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #1011
Mad Swapper

Maggie - aren't snacks forbidden on your diet ?? Just teasing - sounds as though you need one! Glad the costs weren't too high. We have a rattle in our car, and my brother, a mechanic, has told us what it is and when to get it repaired, but even with him doing it (he is retired) it will still cost the best part of $500.

Welcome back Jeanette - no pregnancies while you were away , at least, none that Kelly has told us about.....

Better get off here before Kelly gets back and explodes at me

Nice to see you back here Kristie - hope the infection clears up soon - nothing worse than a lingering infection.

Barb I love your funnies, but would love you to chat too, so we can get to know you .

Is Nancy still in the house???

Lynn I do hope your potty is now functional and you don't have to jump ship for the night

Darlene it's good to see you popping in here again How are your feathered friends?

Waving from a sunny day following a frost
Old 07-03-2014, 07:34 PM   #1012
Mad Swapper

CONGRATULATIONS
to our Shelly
- she has won over at DRS Challenge !!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #1013
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Oh my... what fun to read the posts.

Kristie, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well!

Maggie, what a rain!

Lynn, did the potty get fixed or are you at the motel?

Kelly, love your post!

Maxine, Kelly tends to keep her pregnancies a secret, I think. We need to snoop!

YAY for Shelly!

Hugs for all!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 07-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #1014
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hello ladies!

I spent a little time in the dungeon - with intention to organize my dies, and instead made a card I needed for Mingle- which is a 1-4-1 swap. Then poked around on the piano : ) I went to the library and checked out a few books on how to play piano, so am at the stage of getting familiar with the keys and practicing fingering the keys- will get a teacher later in the summer......After the kids are all gone back.

ONE MORE WEEK- till Katie is home from China! Yippee!

Thanks Maxine for the heads up about DRS- and Congrats to Lynn- see you won at Artistic Impressions- such fun images! Not your first win there either : )
Heavens, your bathroom story- was funny- not so cool with the bush potty- I would have to use a container and throw it out when all is said and done (no pun intended)...I am really allergic to Poison Ivy- my luck, I would pick a bush of it to piddle on.

Maxine- cold and icky- does not sound too great! So sorry about your fall- hope you feel better soon: ) OUCH!

Kristie- you have been creating alot of SB pages- fun! Hope you had a successful trip to the LSS today- do tell- what did you find? Sorry you are fighting the bug : (

Maggie- what an adventure picking up your car! Wish we got off that cheaply- we are out $2200........ but at least the AC is working on the car- we are not trading our car in anytime soon, so wanted it to work.....

Barb- I am with Maxine- do tell us more about what you are up to : ) we'd like to get to know you!

Kelly- the zoo sounds fun- I have not been in ages! So, do you have rain gear with you when you go out, or do you just get wet when the skies open up? I finally remembered to pick up Shaving Creme today.....
Oh- and CONGRATS on your new DT at Just For Fun : )

WELCOME HOME JANETTE!!! Looking forward to hearing how the trip was and how your travels were.

We skipped the fireworks tonight and watched a movie- American Hustle. Hubby likes to try to see all of the movies nominated for awards- I was not in the mood for 12 years a slave- I am not fond of watching whippings/beatings- maybe another day..... Did anyone see it?

Going to the parade in the Am- will ride bikes downtown, then will attend a BBQ tomorrow afternoon- working Saturday.
Have a wonderful 4th!

Shelly

Last edited by mcschmidty; 07-03-2014 at 10:54 PM..
Old 07-04-2014, 03:41 AM   #1015

Thank you, Shelly! Oh, how fun! I'm sure you're excited about Katie coming home!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-04-2014, 07:25 AM   #1016
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, so glad you finally got home ok! What an ordeal.

Still working on potty issues around here at 9:00 at night. This is not good in any way shape or form. I think Jim and I have almost lost our humor in the whole situation now! LOL!
As far as "hitting the brush"........it's really not so bad. Now after dark it could be a totally different story but am hoping it doesn't last that long! And nope - it takes about 20 minutes to get to a McDonalds!!!!!! There is a convenience store a few miles down the road but trust me......it's better in the brush! LOL! Y'all have just never been out in the boonies fishing or you'd know exactly how fun it is to hit the brush! LOL!
Ugh! It was and I was so wiped out last night that I couldn't get anything done. Went to bed early.

I hope that you finally got that potty done last night.

I don't camp or be outside where there is no facilities.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:29 AM   #1017
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Maggie - aren't snacks forbidden on your diet ?? Just teasing - sounds as though you need one! Glad the costs weren't too high. We have a rattle in our car, and my brother, a mechanic, has told us what it is and when to get it repaired, but even with him doing it (he is retired) it will still cost the best part of $500.

Welcome back Jeanette - no pregnancies while you were away , at least, none that Kelly has told us about.....

Better get off here before Kelly gets back and explodes at me

Nice to see you back here Kristie - hope the infection clears up soon - nothing worse than a lingering infection.

Barb I love your funnies, but would love you to chat too, so we can get to know you .

Is Nancy still in the house???

Lynn I do hope your potty is now functional and you don't have to jump ship for the night

Darlene it's good to see you popping in here again How are your feathered friends?

Waving from a sunny day following a frost
Maxine, I am allowed a dessert at night, and I do make use of it. I also have snacks during the day - a banana mid morning nd usually yogurt and fruit in the afternoon. Small meals during the day are best for you.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:37 AM   #1018
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello ladies!

I spent a little time in the dungeon - with intention to organize my dies, and instead made a card I needed for Mingle- which is a 1-4-1 swap. Then poked around on the piano : ) I went to the library and checked out a few books on how to play piano, so am at the stage of getting familiar with the keys and practicing fingering the keys- will get a teacher later in the summer......After the kids are all gone back.

ONE MORE WEEK- till Katie is home from China! Yippee!

Thanks Maxine for the heads up about DRS- and Congrats to Lynn- see you won at Artistic Impressions- such fun images! Not your first win there either : )
Heavens, your bathroom story- was funny- not so cool with the bush potty- I would have to use a container and throw it out when all is said and done (no pun intended)...I am really allergic to Poison Ivy- my luck, I would pick a bush of it to piddle on.

Maxine- cold and icky- does not sound too great! So sorry about your fall- hope you feel better soon: ) OUCH!

Kristie- you have been creating alot of SB pages- fun! Hope you had a successful trip to the LSS today- do tell- what did you find? Sorry you are fighting the bug : (

Maggie- what an adventure picking up your car! Wish we got off that cheaply- we are out $2200........ but at least the AC is working on the car- we are not trading our car in anytime soon, so wanted it to work.....

Barb- I am with Maxine- do tell us more about what you are up to : ) we'd like to get to know you!

Kelly- the zoo sounds fun- I have not been in ages! So, do you have rain gear with you when you go out, or do you just get wet when the skies open up? I finally remembered to pick up Shaving Creme today.....
Oh- and CONGRATS on your new DT at Just For Fun : )

WELCOME HOME JANETTE!!! Looking forward to hearing how the trip was and how your travels were.

We skipped the fireworks tonight and watched a movie- American Hustle. Hubby likes to try to see all of the movies nominated for awards- I was not in the mood for 12 years a slave- I am not fond of watching whippings/beatings- maybe another day..... Did anyone see it?

Going to the parade in the Am- will ride bikes downtown, then will attend a BBQ tomorrow afternoon- working Saturday.
Have a wonderful 4th!

Shelly
I know that you are super excited to have Katie home for awhile.

I did think about you when the service man called and told me it was just an inexpensive value that had to be replaced. It is so great to have my own car back. I was driving a Chevy Cruze and to be honest, I didn't like it and would never buy one for myself. I don't intend to get rid of mine either anytime soon. It's a good little car and all paid off. I take good care of it and do all the service so I hope that it will last a really long time.

I wanted to see 12 Years, but never did. Maybe one of these days when it comes out on Netflix or DVD.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #1020
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

We finally finished the mulch pile today and I also cut the grass. We have some friend coming over for supper tonight. Then--tomorrow night, roomies nephew, wife and their two kids are coming to stay over night before our family party on Sunday. We have 38 people coming. The 4th was my dad's birthday and we always had a party at the farm. After he passed away, more than 25 years, I have had the party ever since. It is our summer family get together. I grill the brats, Italians and hot dogs as well as make hash brown casserole. Everyone else makes salads and desserts. We have a great time!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:13 AM   #1021

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #1022
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy Weekend!
Old 07-05-2014, 06:20 PM   #1023
Mad Swapper

We have had two days of fine but cold weather - what a relief I am about to head out to the studio and spend the afternoon in preparation for the class on Tuesday....

Have a great day and enjoy the long weekend those of you in the States - waving from 'down under'
Old 07-06-2014, 05:02 AM   #1024
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
We finally finished the mulch pile today and I also cut the grass. We have some friend coming over for supper tonight. Then--tomorrow night, roomies nephew, wife and their two kids are coming to stay over night before our family party on Sunday. We have 38 people coming. The 4th was my dad's birthday and we always had a party at the farm. After he passed away, more than 25 years, I have had the party ever since. It is our summer family get together. I grill the brats, Italians and hot dogs as well as make hash brown casserole. Everyone else makes salads and desserts. We have a great time!
Sounds like a busy weekend, but lots of happy times.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:03 AM   #1025
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

We have had two days of fine but cold weather - what a relief I am about to head out to the studio and spend the afternoon in preparation for the class on Tuesday....

Have a great day and enjoy the long weekend those of you in the States - waving from 'down under'
I spent the better part of the afternoon and evening cleaning up my stamp room. What a job, and it's not done yet, but I did take time to make a card.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #1026
Pearl-ExPert

Quick check in and hope everyone had a great weekend!
Maxine, send some of the cold weather to Texas!!
Old 07-06-2014, 08:40 PM   #1027
Mad Swapper

O.K. Lynn - as long as you send some warmth down this way. Another dry day today and the washing dry outside - bliss.

I finally got the second project done for the class and the kits packed this afternoon. Oh, and I took my surplus cards into a shop in town today and they loved them and were happy to have them - they wanted to put some in the window as soon as they were 'processed'.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:05 PM   #1028
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Heading to bed- working tomorrow- only 4 more sleeps until Katie is home : ) Yippee! I may be MIA a bit while she is home....... Chris comes home on Sat night with his GF Kayla and the dog (very active : ) ) We are going to head to a Schmidt reunion Sunday, then heading up to Michigan (about 6 hrs in the car.....) to see Stephi for a few days.

I helped my neighbor with some wedding shower cards for her daughter- I cut out a bunch of dies and decided she needed something underneath the picture and die- and she wanted them plain...so I took out some old vellum with a floral pattern, and brayered on some blue- looked great! I should have taken a picture....but forgot. with a die in each of three corners and a little floral arrangement- 3-D sticker that she picked out- they were not totally CAS but did not look like too much either.
Maggie- soun
Lynn- I saw a pic on FB or Pintrest yesterday- made me think of you- had a 5 gallon bucket with a pool noodle sliced and former round to fit on the top- porta potty...... hehehehe I hope your bathroom project is under control.

Maxine- stay warm and hope you do not get the sniffles! Congrats to you for getting your cards in the shop! Awesome. Hope you enjoy the card class too- sounds like a blast!

Maggie- sounds great to be organized!

Barb- what a fab party that sounds like! Lots of work though I imagine : ) Hope your weather was good- we had a beautiful day here : )

How is the adjustment back to the US time Jeanette???

Hugs to all- waving hi to everyone : )

Shelly
Old 07-07-2014, 04:11 AM   #1029
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Quick check in and hope everyone had a great weekend!
Maxine, send some of the cold weather to Texas!!
The question is - do you have a working potty?
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:31 AM   #1030
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Monday and the start to a new week!

The party yesterday was very nice and we had wonderful weather, though a bit hot at times. We had 37 people here and wonderful food that everyone brought! The last people to leave were a niece and her fiance about 7:00 and then I cleaned up and put extra tables and chairs away. We had a kiddie pool set up and the little ones enjoyed splashing around in it.

I am headed to the stamp room to play today--and I hope you too have a good one!
Old 07-07-2014, 07:48 AM   #1031
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, girls! I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th! We were busy, fun-filled and way too tired this morning! I'm heading to the bank as soon as the T-storm lets up and then to Starbucks! ♥

Thanks to those who left some love on my blog! I appreciate you!! I'm excited to join the DT, especially since the Just For Fun is right here in my own home state It will be an exciting journey, no doubt!

Shelly, yay for the family coming in! I love it when my babies are all around, like all summer they have been

Waving hi!

DT:  The Project Bin
mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:02 AM   #1032

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #1033
Pearl-ExPert

LOL! The potty is working and all is well! Shelly, I also saw the "potty" on FB and told Jim about it. We worked until about 9:30 or 10:00 that night and got it all going again otherwise I was heading to Walmart for a noodle and bucket! LOL! The bathroom is fairly well completed now - still working on a little of the molding though. Jim just can't do this stuff anymore and wears out too easy now. We should have never even attempted it ourselves but........don't think we will anymore since he's seen how hard this was. He's 76 years old and just getting up and down with a bad back and legs hasn't been good at all. I won't even attempt the molding by myself so that's the hang up right now. BUT, all is good and except for one day when things got a little testy, we still have the humor!

Shelly, sounds like Katie will be here before you know it now! YEA!!! Y'all are going to have so much fun.

Maggie, I need to clean up my room now too if you want to come help. I'm not even sure where to start!

Barb - sounds like the party was a smashing success! YEA!
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:36 AM   #1034
Mad Swapper

I taught the shaving cream technique today, and I added embossing resist to my sample to add to the effect. Here is my sample.
"tis late and cold so will write more in the morning.... Waving from here to you all.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:29 AM   #1035

Fabulous card, Maxine!

Ugh! I forgot... I still need to do a shaving cream card. Note to self: Buy shaving cream.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-08-2014, 07:23 AM   #1036
SCS RAK Coordinator

very cute card!

Quote:

I taught the shaving cream technique today, and I added embossing resist to my sample to add to the effect. Here is my sample.
"tis late and cold so will write more in the morning.... Waving from here to you all.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:23 AM   #1037
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Tuesday!
Old 07-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #1038
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Heading to bed- working tomorrow- only 4 more sleeps until Katie is home : ) Yippee! I may be MIA a bit while she is home....... Chris comes home on Sat night with his GF Kayla and the dog (very active : ) ) We are going to head to a Schmidt reunion Sunday, then heading up to Michigan (about 6 hrs in the car.....) to see Stephi for a few days.

I helped my neighbor with some wedding shower cards for her daughter- I cut out a bunch of dies and decided she needed something underneath the picture and die- and she wanted them plain...so I took out some old vellum with a floral pattern, and brayered on some blue- looked great! I should have taken a picture....but forgot. with a die in each of three corners and a little floral arrangement- 3-D sticker that she picked out- they were not totally CAS but did not look like too much either.
Maggie- soun
Lynn- I saw a pic on FB or Pintrest yesterday- made me think of you- had a 5 gallon bucket with a pool noodle sliced and former round to fit on the top- porta potty...... hehehehe I hope your bathroom project is under control.

Maxine- stay warm and hope you do not get the sniffles! Congrats to you for getting your cards in the shop! Awesome. Hope you enjoy the card class too- sounds like a blast!

Maggie- sounds great to be organized!

Barb- what a fab party that sounds like! Lots of work though I imagine : ) Hope your weather was good- we had a beautiful day here : )

How is the adjustment back to the US time Jeanette???

Hugs to all- waving hi to everyone : )

Shelly
It's going to be so great to have the kids home again and nice that you'll all be able to go see Stephi while Katie and Chris are there. The reunion should be fun. That is a long drive up to see Stephi, but will be worth it I'm sure.

I just wish I could stay organized. I'm trying to, but I usually end up making a big mess when I get creative.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #1039
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning--Happy Monday and the start to a new week!

The party yesterday was very nice and we had wonderful weather, though a bit hot at times. We had 37 people here and wonderful food that everyone brought! The last people to leave were a niece and her fiance about 7:00 and then I cleaned up and put extra tables and chairs away. We had a kiddie pool set up and the little ones enjoyed splashing around in it.

I am headed to the stamp room to play today--and I hope you too have a good one!
Glad you had a successful party.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:56 PM   #1040
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning, girls! I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th! We were busy, fun-filled and way too tired this morning! I'm heading to the bank as soon as the T-storm lets up and then to Starbucks! ♥

Thanks to those who left some love on my blog! I appreciate you!! I'm excited to join the DT, especially since the Just For Fun is right here in my own home state It will be an exciting journey, no doubt!

Shelly, yay for the family coming in! I love it when my babies are all around, like all summer they have been

Waving hi!

Congrats on the DT for JFF. It looks like it will be a lot of fun. I know you'll be a great asset to the DT.