Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-27-2014, 04:05 AM   #961
Gabfest Goddess

Morning all!!

Looking forward to the weekend. Starting to set up my deck garden - herbs & various flowers. Bought some last week.

Lynn: Oh my - hopefully Jim can master the art of putting on his glasses. Maybe a few remedial lessons for good measure? LOL

Barb: way to go on the stamp sale!! Which D. Morgan's did you score?

Maggie: I have done what your boss has done. Arrived at a city and have no clue where to go from there. hahaha. Now I have some techniques to save me from myself.

Hmmm, seems I need to add shaving cream to this week's shopping list

Off to see Kelly & Maxine's handiwork.

Bye for now!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:13 AM   #962
Gabfest Goddess

Wow Kelly - what a card & bookmark!! Love, love, LOVE them! OK, shaving cream is on my shopping list for the weekend hehehe

Maxine, just noticed that I have to wait a couple of days to see yours. Can't wait.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:54 AM   #963
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
I'm back! Finished my work this week and off until the 1st - YEAH! I am a bit crazy now, mostly with DT work. I have TJ cards due on the 2nd for one. I am guest DT at the Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers tomorrow- I accepted as I won with the Anniversary card I made for my folks 59th- and I felt like I should just because of that, well, the theme is Steampunk- so I have made my first Steampunk card ever!

I signed up to take the Kit and Clowder coloring class- it is just fabulous. I am on lesson one which is coloring and shading faces...... That is as far as I have gotten- need a day to play!

I have my last PT tomorrow- I have constant tingling in all of my fingers, both hands and when I stretch or exercise (arms and upper body) it gets more tingly and I feel it around my lips as well...... MRI is Tuesday...... I have had a C6- fusion already, so kinda nervous, but I am not going to worry- put it in Gods Hands......

Kelly- I forgot shaving cream when I went to the store- I will try to get to it- I will most likely be late......with the Tj cards- just have 2 ready so far. One of the techniques is pretty easy, so hope they put together quickly! So fun the little one loves your daughter- that is a huge compliment! So sorry about the Iron pills- I had a really low blood count after Stephi- it was 5 after Stephi was born, so had a couple units of blood.... I remember the Iron was really hard to take. Bless you! I hope that it helps quickly!

Maggie- good thing you made it home- and funny your boss needs you to tell him his hotel- hope he got it figured out : ) Oh, you would love to cook for Ray- he LOVES to eat!

Barb- congrats on your haul! I just love stamping sales- I stamp late at night when the stores are closed, so NEED to have things and stuff at my fingertips (that's a good one, huh? ) I am the same way with my sewing supplies.....

Paula- I have not seen all of your GDT ODBD cards- I will get by and drool...oooops- I mean visit in the near future! It sounds like between the puppy and sorting out 'belongings', you have your hands full!

Lynn, I just read your post to Ray- he is feeling bad for you and your troubles tonight, but happy you noticed it was the wrong caulk before you did the entire bathroom!

Darlene- Thanks : ) So glad to see you popping in. So, when does your son move in???

Jeanette should be back soon, then she will have to adjust to the time difference...!

Off to bed early- I had to post a card last night- took me forever- the bottom portion of the post showed up in the draft, but when I published it, it disappeared..... I wanted to scream! It took about 1 1/2 hours to get it to stop dropping the ending. So, going to bed- before midnight too.....

Waving hello to all. Have a great week : )
Shelly
I think Paula is supposed to be Maxine.

I signed up for the K&C Clothing class, but haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I also have a year of classes from Simply Betty Stamps. She does a new one each month and have yet to be able to watch those and try them out. I hope too during July and August when OSAAT is on vacation and I'll have one less DT to worry about for awhile.

I hope that the MRI will give them some idea as to what is going on with all that tingling.

I have major back muscle issues. The muscles all up around my shoulders and neck are super tight. I've started using my massager on my upper back every night for 8-10 minutes. Last night I tried it on my right side and realized how sore that side was too. After I massage, I put my heating pad on my upper back for about 10-15 minutes depending on how tired I am.

I went to our church activity last night. We were collecting donations from the members to make up boxes of food for those members in our Ward that need help in an emergency. We made 6 boxes of breakfast and dinner with some toiletries added in. There was still a lot left so we boxed those up in individual packs - box of pastas, box of canned meats, etc. That was the lady who is in charge will be able to keep track.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 06-27-2014, 06:55 AM   #964
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
I made my TAT card today - it took me four goes to get a piece that I liked.... and then I used it on a DT card which cannot be revealed until the 1st . Don't know if I will use the other pieces at this point - they might just go into my stash to be reviewed in a few years time .

Good to see you here Shelly and know that you have finished work for a day or two. Sorry to hear about your tingles - not nice .

Waving at Darlene, Barb, Kelly, Maggie et al.
Can't wait to see your TAT card. I'll have to try to do one over the weekend. I do have shaving cream at home.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:57 AM   #965
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Morning all!!

Looking forward to the weekend. Starting to set up my deck garden - herbs & various flowers. Bought some last week.

Lynn: Oh my - hopefully Jim can master the art of putting on his glasses. Maybe a few remedial lessons for good measure? LOL

Barb: way to go on the stamp sale!! Which D. Morgan's did you score?

Maggie: I have done what your boss has done. Arrived at a city and have no clue where to go from there. hahaha. Now I have some techniques to save me from myself.

Hmmm, seems I need to add shaving cream to this week's shopping list

Off to see Kelly & Maxine's handiwork.

Bye for now!
What kind of herbs are you going to grow? I have rosemary and peppermint. I love using rosemary when cooking chicken. It really grows fast though. I've had to cut it way back. Also need to use that peppermint in some lemon water.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:50 AM   #966
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks, Darlene - glad to hear you'll be shaving soon! Tee hee! And Maxine, we can wait til the 1st! I can't wait to see your gem!

Darlene, I thought of you when Barb mentioned the D. Morgan I know you are a fan!

Maggie, how sweet that your church made the box meals. Our June Missions is toys - all going to Haiti. The pictures on our church website that the mission leader posts are simply heartbreaking. The things we take for granted ....... wow

Ladies, I'm sure you know by now that Two Peas is closing down They are selling a lot of things on their website at really good prices. I looked away, lol - I have enough and my Cabana resembles a store as it is! Also, Taylored Expressions is having a clearance sale on certain stamps if you are interested in that!!

Busy weekend here -- tonight we are hosting game night ♥ Tomorrow we have a christening bright and early in way downtown Miami, and concert tickets later on in the evening (the kids and I). Sunday is a retirement party for the lovely choral director who is retiring, just as my daughter is a Senior He has ALS and it's been a long battle, but sadly he is reaching the end of his fight. A truly remarkable man and gifted like no other.

Hugs all around!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 06-27-2014, 11:04 AM   #967
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Thanks, Darlene - glad to hear you'll be shaving soon! Tee hee! And Maxine, we can wait til the 1st! I can't wait to see your gem!

Darlene, I thought of you when Barb mentioned the D. Morgan I know you are a fan!

Maggie, how sweet that your church made the box meals. Our June Missions is toys - all going to Haiti. The pictures on our church website that the mission leader posts are simply heartbreaking. The things we take for granted ....... wow

Ladies, I'm sure you know by now that Two Peas is closing down They are selling a lot of things on their website at really good prices. I looked away, lol - I have enough and my Cabana resembles a store as it is! Also, Taylored Expressions is having a clearance sale on certain stamps if you are interested in that!!

Busy weekend here -- tonight we are hosting game night ♥ Tomorrow we have a christening bright and early in way downtown Miami, and concert tickets later on in the evening (the kids and I). Sunday is a retirement party for the lovely choral director who is retiring, just as my daughter is a Senior He has ALS and it's been a long battle, but sadly he is reaching the end of his fight. A truly remarkable man and gifted like no other.

Hugs all around!
OMG! I did not know that Two Peas was closing there store. I get e-mails from them, but I don't usually look at them so I guess I missed the big announcement. I really wish that they would remove items that are "sold out" rather than having them still on there and having to scroll through all the stuff that is sold out to get to anything that is still available.

Sorry about the choral director. ALS is a terrible disease. Many years ago a lady at church had it and left a young family of 6 children, the youngest was 2 at the time. Very sad. There dad was really not emotionally equiped to raise those children. The littlest one had lots of issues over the years. A good friend of mine also lost one of her brothers to the disease.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #968
Mad Swapper

No - I am not Paula - no puppy here, and I won at ODBD, i didn't do a guest design spot.... the mystery deepens
Old 06-27-2014, 05:19 PM   #969
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

No - I am not Paula - no puppy here, and I won at ODBD, i didn't do a guest design spot.... the mystery deepens
Hmmmm. . . Maybe she will come back and let us know the answer to the mystery.

Well, I could not help myself. I had to check out Two Peas and I ended up buying a few things - A few of them were downloads for my Cameo that I haven't used yet, but maybe now I will. I didn't have to spend much to get a lot with the sale.
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:43 PM   #970
Pearl-ExPert

Check in and then I'm going to answer a couple of emails and then hit the hay. Garden is pretty well burned up and finished all the rest of canning today. 30 jars of tomatoes and 29pickles. I'm tired! Bathroom on hold right now. Too tired to discuss. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #971
Mad Swapper

Sleep well Lynn - sounds as though you neeeeeeeeeeed a good sleep.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:58 AM   #972
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Check in and then I'm going to answer a couple of emails and then hit the hay. Garden is pretty well burned up and finished all the rest of canning today. 30 jars of tomatoes and 29pickles. I'm tired! Bathroom on hold right now. Too tired to discuss. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Wow! That's a lot of tomatoes and pickles. Do you use them all yourself or do you give some of it away?

I hope you get back to the bathroom soon and get that done. I know you'll be happy when it's finished.

Well, I was very lucky yesterday. Saw pictures on TV last night of storm damage in my area of town. The weather guy says it was probably "straight line winds" and not a small tornado that did the damage, but even so it was a mess. Luckily, it was not widespread. I didn't realize at the time that the storm was so bad.

Today will be a quiet day. Church in a little while and then the rest of the day to myself. The kids took off for Key West on Friday and will be gone until Tuesday. So far they are having a great time.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:10 AM   #973
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey, I know Key West! They will have a blast - that's a party town

Wow, Lynn, great job on the canning! I should send my daughter your way - she could learn a lot and LOVES to do that exact thing

Maggie, wow on the shopping! I resisted but they did have some incredible buys!

HI to everyone!! Our Jeanette is already back! Hopefully she will stop in soon

I'm off to a retirement party -- gotta go spruce up the make up from church!
Hugs!

Old 06-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #974
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Happy Sunday!

Happy Sunday- we are both going our separate ways today- Ray has a baseball game and I am going to a Kims monthly SU workshop. I have no business going with all of the DT stuff I need to get accomplished, but what the heck- and she changed the date from Friday nite for me....so I had better go- and I will enjoy it- she is so talented.

Hope the party is great Kelly! SO sad though- ALS took a good family friend of ours a couple of years ago- she opted for no vent (breathing machine) when it got to that point...one time I went to visit her, she told me she was unable to cry- cause then she could not beathe..... God Bless her...!

JT was fabulous! The venue has 3200 covered seats in a pavilion, then open grassy areas- people bring lawn chairs and set up tables with feasts of food and drink. We had slushy Margarita's in a bag for the girls and beer for the boys (our drinks were really weak though...). Driving was about 1 1/2 hours there and about an hour home- but well worth it! I ran into a neighbor a couple of doors down..... Small world!

I have a card going up tomorrow for Card Mania- made for a papercrafting friend in Florida that recently lost her young grandson- got killed at his part time summer job : ( How sad!

Maggie and Darlene- I planted Basil- it is lemony- but delicious- and so expensive at the store! And, the bunnies ate my Cilantro- among other things!

Jeanette is back! Yeah! Looking forward to hearing about her adventures!

Holy canning adventures! Lynn- that is alot of canning!!! I have never really canned anything- bought the jars once or twice though : ) Hope you are well rested and hard to imagine the garden being done already!

Sorry Maxine- Paula is in another group- guess you are all seeing how dingy I am this past week!

Maxine- congrats on your win at ODBD- so many fab images and sentimets there to choose from!

We took our van in for the AC to be fixed last Monday- $1600 later...it is not working again. I took it in on Friday and they still have it. so, I talked to them twice yesterday, with no avail, then called the service manager- well, low and behold- someone just happened to return a rental as soon as I hung up with him....we do not have too far to go today, but need wheels to get around!

One more thing I did Friday- went to an estate sale down the block....bought a piano...... I took lessons as a kid, but have always wanted to try again....so one more thing on my plate...... I found soe You Tube video's- going to try to watch at least one a day- yesterday I learned the proper way to finger the keys : ) Ray was not overly excited I did this, but, I told him by next April, I will be playing him a Happy Birthday tune on the piano! Serenade my sweety- he is still not too happy, but he will get ovefr it! Hahahaha

Shelly
Old 06-29-2014, 12:54 PM   #975
Pearl-ExPert

I'm alive once again. I was really tired yesterday but didn't want y'all to think I'd just dropped off the map! We keep everything we can except for the pickles. We'll give some of those away. It's just a lot of work and every year I say I'm not doing it again.......we'll see next year I guess.

Maggie I heard parts of Houston got hit pretty good by a storm. Glad you're ok.

Shelly.......a piano!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun with that! I gave mine to my son several years ago. I can play but wasn't practicing like I should and he really wanted it. Now I miss having it! Figures!
Old 06-29-2014, 04:41 PM   #976
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey girls! Party was super, but bittersweet - that's how it goes with someone who is terminal. You celebrate the life but sadness still there .......

Shelly, a piano! We had one, too - our girls play (my son dabbles!) but we actually did not have the space for it anymore when our family grew from 1 kid to 4, LOL! We kept adding it to another room and the kids enjoyed it for a long time, but it just didn't fit in our living room so we sent it on it's way. The girls have keyboards, not the same, but close enough Congrats on your new toy - can't wait to hear your YOU TUBE VIDEOS when you start playing, LOL!!! Glad you had fun at the concert -- my daughter says Taylor Swift was named after him, as her mom is a HUGE JT fan

Lynn! I love pickles! Save me some!

Maxine -- did you ever get the package I mailed, like a month ago? I hope so

We are having torrential rains here tonight - so bad, the lawn furniture was blowing across the yard and all the pool floats were blown to the neighbors yard! One of the boxers got a hold of my daughter's lounger and was running through his yard with it in his mouth like a stick, except it's 6 feet long! LOL!! Funniest thing ever! I had to text my neighbor and tell her to go get it out of the dogs mouth before he chewed on it and ate it. He eats ANYTHING - crazy puppy!

Off to finish a swap!

Hugs!
Old 06-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #977
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
I'm alive once again. I was really tired yesterday but didn't want y'all to think I'd just dropped off the map! We keep everything we can except for the pickles. We'll give some of those away. It's just a lot of work and every year I say I'm not doing it again.......we'll see next year I guess.

Maggie I heard parts of Houston got hit pretty good by a storm. Glad you're ok.

Shelly.......a piano!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun with that! I gave mine to my son several years ago. I can play but wasn't practicing like I should and he really wanted it. Now I miss having it! Figures!
I don't think it was widespread damage which makes me think that it wasn't a tornado, just really high winds.

That is a lot of work. Is it really worth it to have fresh canned tomatoes with all the work involved? Does it save you $$?

LOL! Speaking of pianos. I inherited one from a lady from church many, many years ago. We were all in the Singles Ward together. One of the girls was moving up to Huntsville to take care of her Grandfather who was terminally ill. The piano belonged to her and she asked another girl if she knew anyone who could keep it at their house until she was able to get it back. She suggested me since I was one of the few singles that actually had a house so they brought the piano over. Well, she never asked for it back!!!! She never came back to Houston either I saw her at my friend Cathy's funeral and she told me she's living up in Austin now. I didn't mention the piano. I figure if she ever wants it back, she'll let me know. I did take piano lessons for awhile, but then the lady who was teaching me moved to Utah and I didn't know anyone else to give me lessons and I had a hard time with practicing every day too. Some years ago I gave it to my DD so that my DGD could take piano lessons and would have something to practice on. I guess that got her started with music and now she wants to get her degree in Music Education.
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:07 PM   #978
Mad Swapper

Just a quick note - yes Kelly, I got your package last Thursday and emailed you that evening - did you not see the email? Will re-send it if it's gone missing - I loved the contents, thank you so much
Old 06-30-2014, 06:35 AM   #980
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Darlene--I sure thought of you with the D. Morgan stamps. I will PM you with the names. With them coming to about $2 each, I could not go wrong!

For everyone else--Sorry, I am in a hurry, so I did not read everything else. Will do that when I get back on later,
Old 06-30-2014, 07:30 AM   #981
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Just a quick note - yes Kelly, I got your package last Thursday and emailed you that evening - did you not see the email? Will re-send it if it's gone missing - I loved the contents, thank you so much
No email! But as long as it's there, that's what matters most! Thank YOU, dear friend!

We are off to the beach so short and sweet from me today -- HUGS!!

Old 06-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #982
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Happy Sunday!

Happy Sunday- we are both going our separate ways today- Ray has a baseball game and I am going to a Kims monthly SU workshop. I have no business going with all of the DT stuff I need to get accomplished, but what the heck- and she changed the date from Friday nite for me....so I had better go- and I will enjoy it- she is so talented.

Hope the party is great Kelly! SO sad though- ALS took a good family friend of ours a couple of years ago- she opted for no vent (breathing machine) when it got to that point...one time I went to visit her, she told me she was unable to cry- cause then she could not beathe..... God Bless her...!

JT was fabulous! The venue has 3200 covered seats in a pavilion, then open grassy areas- people bring lawn chairs and set up tables with feasts of food and drink. We had slushy Margarita's in a bag for the girls and beer for the boys (our drinks were really weak though...). Driving was about 1 1/2 hours there and about an hour home- but well worth it! I ran into a neighbor a couple of doors down..... Small world!

I have a card going up tomorrow for Card Mania- made for a papercrafting friend in Florida that recently lost her young grandson- got killed at his part time summer job : ( How sad!

Maggie and Darlene- I planted Basil- it is lemony- but delicious- and so expensive at the store! And, the bunnies ate my Cilantro- among other things!

Jeanette is back! Yeah! Looking forward to hearing about her adventures!

Holy canning adventures! Lynn- that is alot of canning!!! I have never really canned anything- bought the jars once or twice though : ) Hope you are well rested and hard to imagine the garden being done already!

Sorry Maxine- Paula is in another group- guess you are all seeing how dingy I am this past week!

Maxine- congrats on your win at ODBD- so many fab images and sentimets there to choose from!

We took our van in for the AC to be fixed last Monday- $1600 later...it is not working again. I took it in on Friday and they still have it. so, I talked to them twice yesterday, with no avail, then called the service manager- well, low and behold- someone just happened to return a rental as soon as I hung up with him....we do not have too far to go today, but need wheels to get around!

One more thing I did Friday- went to an estate sale down the block....bought a piano...... I took lessons as a kid, but have always wanted to try again....so one more thing on my plate...... I found soe You Tube video's- going to try to watch at least one a day- yesterday I learned the proper way to finger the keys : ) Ray was not overly excited I did this, but, I told him by next April, I will be playing him a Happy Birthday tune on the piano! Serenade my sweety- he is still not too happy, but he will get ovefr it! Hahahaha

Shelly
Did you have a fun time at the workshop?? Silly question, I know of course you had a fun time!

What was JT??? Glad you had a fun time there. I coudn't find a reference in any of your posts about going, but I'm probably just missing it.

So sorry about your friend's DGS. So tragic when they are taken so young.

I love Basil. I really should plant some in one of my flower beds. Do you have bunnies or are these wild ones that get in your yard? Do you not have a fenced in yard? I used to have possums coming into my yard either digging under the fence or climbing over it, but after taking the last one out to the Nature park, I haven't had any new ones come along.

Guess what! My A/C is now out too! I thought it was going out over the last week or so, but this morning it is really out. Taking it to the dealer this afternoon after work. He told me that they are running a day and a half behind schedule so I hope that I'll get it back by Thursday night so I have it for the weekend otherwise that will be 3 extra days of car rental.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:17 AM   #983
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hey girls! Party was super, but bittersweet - that's how it goes with someone who is terminal. You celebrate the life but sadness still there .......

Shelly, a piano! We had one, too - our girls play (my son dabbles!) but we actually did not have the space for it anymore when our family grew from 1 kid to 4, LOL! We kept adding it to another room and the kids enjoyed it for a long time, but it just didn't fit in our living room so we sent it on it's way. The girls have keyboards, not the same, but close enough Congrats on your new toy - can't wait to hear your YOU TUBE VIDEOS when you start playing, LOL!!! Glad you had fun at the concert -- my daughter says Taylor Swift was named after him, as her mom is a HUGE JT fan

Lynn! I love pickles! Save me some!

Maxine -- did you ever get the package I mailed, like a month ago? I hope so

We are having torrential rains here tonight - so bad, the lawn furniture was blowing across the yard and all the pool floats were blown to the neighbors yard! One of the boxers got a hold of my daughter's lounger and was running through his yard with it in his mouth like a stick, except it's 6 feet long! LOL!! Funniest thing ever! I had to text my neighbor and tell her to go get it out of the dogs mouth before he chewed on it and ate it. He eats ANYTHING - crazy puppy!

Off to finish a swap!

Hugs!
It is very sad and very hard to watch a friend going through the last stages of their life. I'm glad that you were all able to get together though and enjoy some fun time and good memories.

Yikes! That was some storm. You always seem to have things flying through the air when you have storms. Hope one of these days you don't end up in Oz!
Old 06-30-2014, 10:07 PM   #984
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

LOL, True, Maggie! The winds are wicked!! And pool floats, plastic chairs, all so light - we don't have time to tie anything down and off it goes! A month ago, the kids lost the top to their fort! (that colorful tarp looking thing - just ripped right off!) The neighbors are getting good at throwing things back over

We got a little too much sun at the beach! Oh boy, even with spf 70 several times, we still got super red. And as soon as we got home, rain! Torrential rain. I heard we are having a tropical storm this week, maybe even for the 4th!

I was not too happy to come home and see someone STOLE my 4th of July flag I put out on the mailbox. HELLO!! That's just UNAMERICAN! I'll just put out another, and another, and another

I'll be channeling Maggie tomorrow as I take the doggies to the vet for their annual check ups. Buddy does not like the vet! He is a sweetheart, but as soon as he gets there, he turns rabid! I may even have to have him muzzled Buster just won't want any part of it but at least he sits there and takes whatever is dished out, bless him!

Shelly, that is so sad for the neighbor's DGS. That's just too young and makes me so sad. I almost lost my daughter, and that has a special place in my heart ... I'll keep them all in my prayers.

What's up with ya'lls A/C going out in the middle of summer! NO fair. Hopefully you 'hotties' will be cooled down soon!

WOOHOO GERMANY!! YAY! I had my pom-poms on this evening but already knew the score thanks to my dd, LOL.

Nite, all!
Old 06-30-2014, 10:35 PM   #985
Mad Swapper

Hi girls - I am still here, but I wish I had some warmth problems, not the cold and rain we currently have - I am over the rain - I don't mind the cold if it is dry, but this rain is driving me spare!!

Maggie I do hope your A/C is fixed quickly.

Lynn are you now crawling around the bathroom floor again?

Kelly it sounds as though nothing is safe in your corner when the winds get up - what a lousy thing to do to take your flag

Barb, that estate sale sounds as though you got a quite a few real bargains!!

Shelly I hope you are enjoying your time off - love the cards you are blogging at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing Darlene and Jeanette back here once they get their heads above water again

The only thing I have bought recently has been a new C plate for my cuttlebug - it broke the other day - I couldn't believe it , I also took the time to buy another tan mat too as mine is nearly dead. I had to buy online as there are no local merchants, I should get it tomorrow.

I put my shaving creme card up on the blog - it is the one in the post Pink Peony.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:49 AM   #986
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

GM, girls!

Your card is beautiful, Maxine! Thanks for playing along! ♥

Old 07-01-2014, 07:30 AM   #987
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

LOL, True, Maggie! The winds are wicked!! And pool floats, plastic chairs, all so light - we don't have time to tie anything down and off it goes! A month ago, the kids lost the top to their fort! (that colorful tarp looking thing - just ripped right off!) The neighbors are getting good at throwing things back over

We got a little too much sun at the beach! Oh boy, even with spf 70 several times, we still got super red. And as soon as we got home, rain! Torrential rain. I heard we are having a tropical storm this week, maybe even for the 4th!

I was not too happy to come home and see someone STOLE my 4th of July flag I put out on the mailbox. HELLO!! That's just UNAMERICAN! I'll just put out another, and another, and another

I'll be channeling Maggie tomorrow as I take the doggies to the vet for their annual check ups. Buddy does not like the vet! He is a sweetheart, but as soon as he gets there, he turns rabid! I may even have to have him muzzled Buster just won't want any part of it but at least he sits there and takes whatever is dished out, bless him!

Shelly, that is so sad for the neighbor's DGS. That's just too young and makes me so sad. I almost lost my daughter, and that has a special place in my heart ... I'll keep them all in my prayers.

What's up with ya'lls A/C going out in the middle of summer! NO fair. Hopefully you 'hotties' will be cooled down soon!

WOOHOO GERMANY!! YAY! I had my pom-poms on this evening but already knew the score thanks to my dd, LOL.

Nite, all!
At least the neighbors toss the stuff back over your fence and not toss it AT you! I have yet to put my patio umbrella up because we've been having winds too and the winds will knock it over. They say that we will get some rain on Friday, but that it should be over for the evening festivities. I will probably have a quiet 4th. The whole family used to go to the Horse Race park and have fun watching the horses and then they had great fireworks, but I think they've decided that it is too hot for the horses to run so they quite having the racing and the fireworks. I haven't heard about any plans to get together to do anything which is okay. I have plenty to do at home and I'll get together with my DD and family on Sunday to celebrate her birthday which is today. They will be heading home from Key West later today.

Oops on the burn Kelly. I hope it's not too bad.

Good luck getting the pups to the vet. Poor Buddy. I feel for him (and you).

Dang on whoever stole your flag. That is just not right, but one reason that I don't put anything out in my yard or outside flower beds that might be an invitation to steal. People have no respect for others anymore or their property.

I did drop the car off this morning. Got to the dealership at 7 and wouldn't you know the car rental place didn't open until 7:30! Had to wait for them to get in and then get the car all set up. They gave me a Cruze. It's weird driving a car that you've never driven before. The brakes have a real light touch. Of course I had to put gas in it since it was on 1/4 tank, but I filled it up. Probably won't use all that gasoline, but there will be more than 1/4 tank for the next person that gets it.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:36 AM   #988
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi girls - I am still here, but I wish I had some warmth problems, not the cold and rain we currently have - I am over the rain - I don't mind the cold if it is dry, but this rain is driving me spare!!

Maggie I do hope your A/C is fixed quickly.

Lynn are you now crawling around the bathroom floor again?

Kelly it sounds as though nothing is safe in your corner when the winds get up - what a lousy thing to do to take your flag

Barb, that estate sale sounds as though you got a quite a few real bargains!!

Shelly I hope you are enjoying your time off - love the cards you are blogging at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing Darlene and Jeanette back here once they get their heads above water again

The only thing I have bought recently has been a new C plate for my cuttlebug - it broke the other day - I couldn't believe it , I also took the time to buy another tan mat too as mine is nearly dead. I had to buy online as there are no local merchants, I should get it tomorrow.

I put my shaving creme card up on the blog - it is the one in the post Pink Peony.
Your card is beautiful Maxine. I just love that flower. We had peonies in our back yard at the house where I grew up - pink and white ones. I don't think they grow well down here in Texas. At least I've never seen any in anyone's yards.

I'm with you on the cold rain. I hate that. I can deal with either one separately, but not together. You feel like the cold just goes right through you and chills you to the bones.

Thanks Maxine. I hope so too. I really would like to have it back by Thursday before the long weekend and it's costing me $38 a day. The car rental lady told me that if my car was under warranty that the car rental would be free, but we'll see. I don't remember ever getting a deal on my car rental unless I had an accident and my insurance would pay part of it.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:39 AM   #989
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

GM, girls!

Your card is beautiful, Maxine! Thanks for playing along! ♥
I meant to play along, but procrastinated too long. I may still get one done. I have some time tonight to play.

Last night I finished up a card that I was going to use for a DT card due on July 15, and realized that even though I used the image, that I hadn't really followed the theme of the challenge. It is sea/beach and my card is all red/yellow and flowery! Not really sea or beach. Ooops. I guess I'm going to have to make another one that goes along with the theme. It seems that the challenges lately have all been similar. I just finished my 3rd masculine card, and this will be my 3rd either sea/nautical/beach card.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #990
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Have a Terrific Tuesday and a Great Start to July!

Old 07-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #991
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
I meant to play along, but procrastinated too long. I may still get one done. I have some time tonight to play.

Last night I finished up a card that I was going to use for a DT card due on July 15, and realized that even though I used the image, that I hadn't really followed the theme of the challenge. It is sea/beach and my card is all red/yellow and flowery! Not really sea or beach. Ooops. I guess I'm going to have to make another one that goes along with the theme. It seems that the challenges lately have all been similar. I just finished my 3rd masculine card, and this will be my 3rd either sea/nautical/beach card.

You still have time Just have fun with it! No pressure, no rush! It's really a fun technique, I surprised myself, LOL!

That's a hoot on your card - hey, there are flowers and long grass and such at the beach! Hee hee! Especially if you call it your private beach, aka your backyard
Old 07-02-2014, 12:24 AM   #992
Mad Swapper

Argggggggggh what a day. Cold. wet. hail. sunshine, repeated over and over......... I had a good time at the gym ( it was worth getting up to go) and then I was heading out to shake some bedding later, and slipped on wet wood - ended up on concrete, landing on my left hip and shoulder which needless to say bruised, and also bruised my left hand - poor me . At least I did not have to do much more than make the bed and finish the laundry - and it was a 'drier' day today. I have not done anything in the studio for a day or so now - hopefully tomorrow

Now I have had my pity party - Hi everyone Waving her right hand.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:56 PM   #994
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Maxine, I hope you're ok!!!!! At least you didn't break anything! Sorry about all the bad weather and again, it's so hard to relate to this when we're burning up around here. Hope you have prettier days soon!
Old 07-02-2014, 04:53 PM   #995
Mad Swapper

Hi all - we have had a frost and lovely sunny morning - makes life so much better - I am a bit stiff and sore but otherwise o.k., thankfully!!

I have started pencil colouring some images for the DT I am on - will be intereseting to see how I go - I have watched a few videos recently and think I have some tips to make it look a bit better

Trust you are all thriving - waving to you all
Old 07-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #996
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Argggggggggh what a day. Cold. wet. hail. sunshine, repeated over and over......... I had a good time at the gym ( it was worth getting up to go) and then I was heading out to shake some bedding later, and slipped on wet wood - ended up on concrete, landing on my left hip and shoulder which needless to say bruised, and also bruised my left hand - poor me . At least I did not have to do much more than make the bed and finish the laundry - and it was a 'drier' day today. I have not done anything in the studio for a day or so now - hopefully tomorrow

Now I have had my pity party - Hi everyone Waving her right hand.
Oh, Maxine, so sorry about your fall. Can you check with a chiropractor to see about any injury?

I hope you're feeling better now.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:28 PM   #997
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi all - we have had a frost and lovely sunny morning - makes life so much better - I am a bit stiff and sore but otherwise o.k., thankfully!!

I have started pencil colouring some images for the DT I am on - will be intereseting to see how I go - I have watched a few videos recently and think I have some tips to make it look a bit better

Trust you are all thriving - waving to you all
Glad to hear that you are feeling better today.

Can't wait to see what you do with the pencils.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #998
Quacker Stamper

Had a very busy day at the office today. I just never know how it's going to go. It's like feast or famine. Some days crazy busy and some not so much.

Tonight I went up to church to help the youth with their Family History work. They were all ones that had issues and really need some one on one time.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:06 AM   #999
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I’m back from a WONDERFUL trip to Thailand… and trying to recover from jet lag, as well as catch up with things left undone while I was gone. I’m finally making an appearance here, but I’m so far behind I will never catch up in the threads, so if I’ve missed something important, please let me know.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."