Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-09-2019, 02:43 AM   #9721
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hello Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Giggling. Maggie, yes, I chose to do laundry. BUT you must understand. I put the clothes in and MUST stay close by while they wash - with my Play Room being right beside the laundry room, there is no problem staying close by.

Shelly, YAY for a visit from Katie and your grand-pup! I am sure you enjoyed that. Hmmmm... if I lived close to a Hobby Lobby, I'd for sure be going with Copics at that price. Your willpower is amazing!

FYI - you won't see me here on SCS tomorrow as I am leaving town shortly to head to our state office for Board Meeting. I'll be back home tomorrow night. I hope the beginning of your week goes well!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:20 AM   #9722
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning. I have a Fancy Folds Stamp Class this morning at Sarah's but first a quick stop at Hobby Lobby to see if it has the elusive $1.99 Copic Markers!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:36 AM   #9723
Quacker Stamper

Quiet day yesterday after church. My home teachers did stop by for a visit in the afternoon and then I finished up my die binder and got them all put away again and ran samples of my embossing folders and got them put in a binder and put away. Woo Hoo! Now going through my ribbon boxes and cleaning ot some of them. What do you all do with pieces of left over ribbons?
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-09-2019, 04:38 AM   #9724
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Giggling. Maggie, yes, I chose to do laundry. BUT you must understand. I put the clothes in and MUST stay close by while they wash - with my Play Room being right beside the laundry room, there is no problem staying close by.

Shelly, YAY for a visit from Katie and your grand-pup! I am sure you enjoyed that. Hmmmm... if I lived close to a Hobby Lobby, I'd for sure be going with Copics at that price. Your willpower is amazing!

FYI - you won't see me here on SCS tomorrow as I am leaving town shortly to head to our state office for Board Meeting. I'll be back home tomorrow night. I hope the beginning of your week goes well!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have the opposite issue Jeanette. I put clothes in the dryer, go off to play in my stamp room, and forget about the clothes. Then they are all wrinkled. I usually try to remember to put a timer on so I'll know when they are almost done.

Have a safe journey.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:05 AM   #9725
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 09-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #9726
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Tuesday!

Safe traveling to Jeanette, Barb good luck finding the elusive markers and Maggie - me, too. Wrinkled clothes but that's because my daughter always uses the washer and dryer DAILY and piled everyone's stuff into their baskets,

ol. Sometimes I come home and it's already unloaded and in my basket and on my bed. Joys of living in a TOO FULL home!

My son had a fun and wonderful birthday celebration and I'm ready for a long winter's nap! But we are still going and he'll have his party this Saturday with his frineds - escape room and then the party continues back at our house.

SHELLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your HUGE win at the DTGD party!! That's so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see what you choose with your GC!
Old 09-10-2019, 09:45 PM   #9727
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Oh my, I started reading from a few days back- and realized the sheets are in the washer....LOL Good thing I stopped in! Ray had a late ballgame tonight, so was saved by that! When family was cleaning out Mom's stuff, someone took off (accidentally I hope) with my spare set for our room, so I have to remember in between all I am doing to get them through washer/dryer and back on the bed..... : )

Kelly- sounds like a busy but such a fun weekend! 15 already! Escape room sounds like a blast!

Jeanette- safe travels!

Barb- hope you have good fortune and fins markers that you need!

Maggie- I have to do that as well with ribbon- I have a royal mess in my ribbon drawer! I used to sell hair bows at craft stores, so have a love for ribbon, but have more than I need, and with postage costing more with ribbon I do not use it much anymore!
Your organization sounds like it is going very well!

Hubby is chuckling, in my destash, I am getting packages in the mail- I won over on the House Mouse challenge and the stamps just arrived- love this critters- need to use them more! A couple of HM on a destash and MFT had a nice sale.....LOL I just have to use them now!

I am going thru SU catalogs beginning in 1998 and putting sets together again, The way I store them, they are all out of their bins, and in a storage container that stands up & down in a shelving unit- saves so much space!!! I only have a 6 foot table at the sale, so am going to have to pick the items that I think will sell the best and do something else with the rest!

Hubby has lots of games this week- make-ups for rainouts- thay had 7! They lost tonight, so only one more game and no playoffs.
Tomorrow night, we are supposed to go to Chicago for a play, and Thursday he has another game, and I have a drawing class : )

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Shelly
Old 09-11-2019, 02:59 AM   #9728

Maggie, I had to giggle (or was it a gasp?) - about you setting a timer to remember to take the clothes out of the dryer. My #1 requirement when we purchase a dryer is it either has to have NO buzzer or one that can be turned off. I cannot stand timers, buzzers, alarm clocks, etc... they set me on edge!

Kelly, what fun to party the weekend away! YAY for DS's birthday celebration!

Shelly, congratulations on the win! And look at you, getting everything in order!

Barb, thank you for sending flowers! And such pretty red beauties they are!

Maxine, I'm waving... can you see me?

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:20 AM   #9729
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning. I have been able to spend a bit of time in the stamp room and I completed a swap for my LSS yesterday. It is to rain again today so I will be in the lower level again! I have not found the Copics on clearance yet, but I will call again today as I did talk to a manager yesterday and they are to be marker yet this week.
mcschmidty and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:29 AM   #9730
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post

Good Morning. I have been able to spend a bit of time in the stamp room and I completed a swap for my LSS yesterday. It is to rain again today so I will be in the lower level again! I have not found the Copics on clearance yet, but I will call again today as I did talk to a manager yesterday and they are to be marker yet this week.
I looked at HB online yesterday, but they didn't have them on sale; still listed at $7.99 each.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:32 AM   #9731
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, I had to giggle (or was it a gasp?) - about you setting a timer to remember to take the clothes out of the dryer. My #1 requirement when we purchase a dryer is it either has to have NO buzzer or one that can be turned off. I cannot stand timers, buzzers, alarm clocks, etc... they set me on edge!

Kelly, what fun to party the weekend away! YAY for DS's birthday celebration!

Shelly, congratulations on the win! And look at you, getting everything in order!

Barb, thank you for sending flowers! And such pretty red beauties they are!

Maxine, I'm waving... can you see me?

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And guess what I did yesterday????? Yes, I forgot to get the clothes from the dryer and I still had a timer set, but it's not very loud so I completely missed it. This morning I toss a wet washcloth in the dryer and set it for about 15 minutes. That helps get the wrinkles out.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:36 AM   #9732
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Oh my, I started reading from a few days back- and realized the sheets are in the washer....LOL Good thing I stopped in! Ray had a late ballgame tonight, so was saved by that! When family was cleaning out Mom's stuff, someone took off (accidentally I hope) with my spare set for our room, so I have to remember in between all I am doing to get them through washer/dryer and back on the bed..... : )

Kelly- sounds like a busy but such a fun weekend! 15 already! Escape room sounds like a blast!

Jeanette- safe travels!

Barb- hope you have good fortune and fins markers that you need!

Maggie- I have to do that as well with ribbon- I have a royal mess in my ribbon drawer! I used to sell hair bows at craft stores, so have a love for ribbon, but have more than I need, and with postage costing more with ribbon I do not use it much anymore!
Your organization sounds like it is going very well!

Hubby is chuckling, in my destash, I am getting packages in the mail- I won over on the House Mouse challenge and the stamps just arrived- love this critters- need to use them more! A couple of HM on a destash and MFT had a nice sale.....LOL I just have to use them now!

I am going thru SU catalogs beginning in 1998 and putting sets together again, The way I store them, they are all out of their bins, and in a storage container that stands up & down in a shelving unit- saves so much space!!! I only have a 6 foot table at the sale, so am going to have to pick the items that I think will sell the best and do something else with the rest!

Hubby has lots of games this week- make-ups for rainouts- thay had 7! They lost tonight, so only one more game and no playoffs.
Tomorrow night, we are supposed to go to Chicago for a play, and Thursday he has another game, and I have a drawing class : )

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Shelly
Shelly, you think that some member of your family actually took a set of sheets from your house?????? Why would they do that????

I used to be a DT for Bowdabra and they sent me tons of ribbon to use. Most of it I never used.

I have lunch plans with a GF tomorrow. Friday I have a mandatory meeting with the Unemployment Commission. Ugh!
Old 09-11-2019, 04:53 AM   #9733

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
And guess what I did yesterday????? Yes, I forgot to get the clothes from the dryer and I still had a timer set, but it's not very loud so I completely missed it. This morning I toss a wet washcloth in the dryer and set it for about 15 minutes. That helps get the wrinkles out.

See, there's no need to set one of those obnoxious timers; they don't help.

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:54 AM   #9734

Barb, I hope you find the Copics!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-11-2019, 02:27 PM   #9735
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Maggie, well, family cleaned mom’s belongings out of my house, so took LOTS of her belongings, and mine got mixed in apparently. No where else they would have gone. I just need to go get another set : ). Not too hard.

Barb, best of luck finding Copics! It is so humid here, I wish it would rain just for that!

I do not think folks buy older SU sets much.... I am thinking of a future move in the next couple of years & really sorting!!!

Heading to Chicago, hitting traffic..... we are going to Katie’s then taking the metra right by her house

Shelly
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:00 PM   #9736
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all. Remebering 9/11 indeed - my son was actually due on this date but was 2 days early.

Shelly - how fun that packages are arriving! Enjoy your wins!! I also jumped on the MFT stamps - they were COFFEE!

And I drove to get the Copics, too, and at $1.99 from $7,99, a few had to come home with me. Took me 3 trips, 3rd time was a charm. There was one lady that bought $498 worth - wooooooow!

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 09-11-2019 at 04:26 PM..
mcschmidty and Kiwime like this post.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:31 PM   #9737
Die Cut Diva

Had my endoscopy today - there is some irritation of the stomach lining, they think due to my use of aspirin, so that will have to be reviewed with my local doctor, other than that all is well.... my throat is a bit sore, but no other after effects.

Spring is springing here and my tulips are now coming out as the daffodils are past their best... I have been busy in the studio and have quite a few cards done.

Went to a Craft and Quilt Fair last Friday with my sister in law - I only bought 4 pearl alcohol inks and one alcohol lift pad.. I did buy a Gemini Go, but ended up returning it as I could only fit a medium die through it!! I was told that it would take a standard card front... Lesson learnt!

Waving to you from a lovely spring evening - the days are noticeably lengthening
Old 09-12-2019, 02:40 AM   #9738

Maxine, I'm glad the test is behind you and the results were mostly good with few side effects, too!

WOW! That lady bought a lot of Copics - I'm wondering if there were duplicates of colors and if so, was she also buying for a friend/s or will she resell them.

Shelly, enjoy your visit with Katie!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-12-2019, 05:03 AM   #9739
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Thursday! I got so lucky at Hobby Lobby yesterday as I got Copic Markers! A sweet young lady was marking prices in the art department and I asked if she was going to mark down Copics. She said she would get the list and mark down what I wanted. She even asked if I wanted one of every one that was clearanced! I spent close to a 1/2 hour with her, reading off the numbers on the list and she tagged them. She commented that she was happy she filled up her price marker! It sure was FUN! Today is time in the stamp room as I am heading to an Alcohol Ink class tomorrow morning at The Paper Cut in Appleton. I am also going to stop at a newer stamp store on the way in Neenah. Have a Sweet Day!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:06 AM   #9740
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Morning Ladies! Happy Thursday! I got so lucky at Hobby Lobby yesterday as I got Copic Markers! A sweet young lady was marking prices in the art department and I asked if she was going to mark down Copics. She said she would get the list and mark down what I wanted. She even asked if I wanted one of every one that was clearanced! I spent close to a 1/2 hour with her, reading off the numbers on the list and she tagged them. She commented that she was happy she filled up her price marker! It sure was FUN! Today is time in the stamp room as I am heading to an Alcohol Ink class tomorrow morning at The Paper Cut in Appleton. I am also going to stop at a newer stamp store on the way in Neenah. Have a Sweet Day!
Wow! Great score Barb and Kelly. Maybe I'll get by mine today and see if they have anything.

I have lunch date with a GF, then I will go by and get a pedicure. Need to pick up a couple things at the grocery store on my way home and stop and get the gas tank filled up.

My one TV receiver finally went out that I was having issues with and they sent me the wrong one a couple weeks ago. I sent it back and the TV was working again. Now the receiver is NOT working at all and I need to call and get them to send me the correct one this time.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:57 AM   #9741
Proud Fan Club Member

Maggie, thanks! I spotted the sale on Stamp Junkies and went 3 times - finally scored. They are the back up markers as I use them mostly for skin coloring - and the ones I got are a beautiful bouquet of spring colors! Good luck with the Copics and with the tv!

Maxine - glad all is well! Did they say what to do instead of aspriin? I'm guessing you need to take less.

I'm scheduled for pre-op surgery tests for next week and the next and NOT looking forward to it. But we gotta do what we gotta do!

Waving to everyone as I dash about!
Old 09-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #9742

Kelly, I'm sorry about the pre-surgery tests, as that means surgery to follow. Praying all goes well!

Lots going on with you today, Maggie - enjoy!

Barb, yay for a helpful lady at HL!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-12-2019, 06:44 PM   #9743
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Kelly, I'm sorry about the pre-surgery tests, as that means surgery to follow. Praying all goes well!

Lots going on with you today, Maggie - enjoy!

Barb, yay for a helpful lady at HL!
It was a very busy day and missed a call from a GF and my DD in CA. I could call my DD in CA back tonight because she's 2 hours earlier, but it's past 9:30 and I'm tired. Just got in from Book Club.
I went to 2 HL's. The first one I only saw a couple markers marked on clearance. I had to wander around the store for 5-10 minutes before I found an employee to help me. I asked her and she went to ask someone else. She came back and told me that they had just a few on clearance, not all of them. She said that they were consolidating them down into one case instead of two, so they were getting rid of some of them. I took my Copics book with me that has them all in it and I also checked off the ones I have refills for, so I looked through the markers on clearance and only bought those that I did not have a refill for. I think I got 15 or 17. After I had lunch with my GF, I went over to another HL that was close to where we had lunch. I didn't ask anyone there, but they did not have any of them marked down and had a lot of them in the two cases. I may try back there next week to see if they mark any of them down.
I have an unemployment meeting at 8 a.m. tomorrow so an early day for me. I'm going to hit the hay.
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:57 AM   #9744

Hello Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, I'm glad you found some of the clearanced Copics!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-13-2019, 04:24 AM   #9745
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--we had storms roll through for about 3 1/2 hours late last night so I am a bit tired this morning. We had 3 1/2 inches of rain and tons of lightning! I am excited about my two classes at The Paper Cut this morning and checking out a new stamp store.

Have a fantastic day, be careful and have a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-13-2019, 04:55 AM   #9746

Your day sounds fantastic, Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-14-2019, 03:35 AM   #9747

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts (and Good Day to our Down Under Maxine)!

My trip next week (Tuesday - Thursday) now has a pre-trip extension, as well. I'll be leaving early Monday to head to the funeral for a man I dearly respected and enjoyed working alongside while I served as a state officer a number of years ago.He served our state convention for nearly 30 years before retiring. It's not on my way to Wisconsin, but it's also not much out of my way.

I'll see you again when I return the end of next week.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-15-2019, 09:52 AM   #9748
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon--Happy Sunday! I am watching the Packer game and so far it is very good! The classes I had on Friday in Appleton were great. For the Alcohol Ink class we made 7 great card using various bases for the ink along with some fun die cuts. Then, the second class was Cards, Cards, Cards and we made 10 fun cards. Some were mainly die cuts and I still need to assemble them as there was not time to do all 10. We also got to shop at the store and had a sweet discount on top! And, the stop at Valley Scrap & Stamp in Neenah was nice-it is a smaller store, open just over a year, but she had a great assortment of stamps from many companies. I was able to get some Alexandria Renke patterned paper--love those!
Old 09-15-2019, 06:35 PM   #9749
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post

Maggie, thanks! I spotted the sale on Stamp Junkies and went 3 times - finally scored. They are the back up markers as I use them mostly for skin coloring - and the ones I got are a beautiful bouquet of spring colors! Good luck with the Copics and with the tv!

Maxine - glad all is well! Did they say what to do instead of aspriin? I'm guessing you need to take less.

I'm scheduled for pre-op surgery tests for next week and the next and NOT looking forward to it. But we gotta do what we gotta do!

Waving to everyone as I dash about!
Sorry you are having surgery. I hope it isn't anything serious. Are we allowed to know? A friend at church has had a torn meniscus (sp?) for 7 weeks now and she is still limping. When she went to the doctor the other day, he said surgery, so she's thinking about that.

I'm allergic to aspirin. Can't take it. I usually take Ibuprofen, but I always make sure I eat something before I take it so it doesn't upset my stomach.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:37 PM   #9750
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Afternoon--Happy Sunday! I am watching the Packer game and so far it is very good! The classes I had on Friday in Appleton were great. For the Alcohol Ink class we made 7 great card using various bases for the ink along with some fun die cuts. Then, the second class was Cards, Cards, Cards and we made 10 fun cards. Some were mainly die cuts and I still need to assemble them as there was not time to do all 10. We also got to shop at the store and had a sweet discount on top! And, the stop at Valley Scrap & Stamp in Neenah was nice-it is a smaller store, open just over a year, but she had a great assortment of stamps from many companies. I was able to get some Alexandria Renke patterned paper--love those!
Yesterday I watched the last half of the BYU v. USC game. It went into overtime at 27-27 and BYU came out on top with another field goal. Yeah!
Wow, you really had a time making cards Barb. Sounds like fun.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:39 PM   #9751
Quacker Stamper

I hope I finally have my insurance straightened out. The broker came back on Friday and resubmitted my paperwork. It should go into effect October 1. I hope so because I have a couple of doctor appointments scheduled for October.

I had to go to the Unemployment place Friday morning for a counseling meeting. It went very well. The man I spoke to was very nice and I explained all my plans to him and told him about school and my business etc. Then we got to talking about school and he needs to go back to finish his degree. I told him about the PathwayConnect program that I went through before I started at BYU-I. He was interested in that and even pulled up the website to look at. My good deed for the day. He also told me that they don't expect me to job hunt while I'm in school, so I should be good to get my unemployment for the six months I'm allowed to collect.

Yesterday I went to a Family History Seminar at a Ward (not mine) about 40 minutes away from me. I have known the lady that was organizing it from many years back in our single days when I first joined the church in the mid 80's. She recruited me. She knows that I am into genealogy. The presentation went pretty well. My friend got some positive feedback on my class so I was happy about that.
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:41 PM   #9752
Quacker Stamper

I've had a busy week and classes start up again tomorrow. I'm taking American Foundations (History) and Research Methodology. That second one should be a doozer - lots of research and writing.

Still working on my organizing, but I've spent some time recently coloring Christmas images so I can make some cards. I've also been playing with more challenges again. After I do my blogpost, I go look at Paper Playful and see what challenges they have. I have been doing the DD Christmas Card Challenges and have a bunch of cards made up that I haven't posted yet.

I got tickets the other day for my sis and 2 of her DGS's and me to see TSO again this year. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it since the show this year is on Sunday (it's usually on Friday), but we will go to the early show at 3 so it won't be so late when I get home. My flight out to CA is not too early on Monday, but I'll still have some time for last minute things. I'll be gone until the following Sunday, so only 6 days. It is her birthday on Tuesday and she and her DH took their kids to Disneyworld this week.

The kids came for dinner tonight. I made spaghetti and meatless meatballs. We love the Gardein brand. My DGS always wants to know how many he can have. I make two dozen, so there are plenty. I was making Rhodes bake and serve rolls for dinner. They take 3-5 hours to rise before baking them. I forgot to get them out of the freezer before I left for church, so when I got home at 1:45, I got them all reading in a big cake dish (9x13), covered with plastic wrap and put them in the warmest place I could think of - the garage. They rose up really nicely. Somehow they got a little crispy on the bottom. My dd said she really liked that and will have to try my way of rising the rolls.

Tuesday morning I have the AT&T tech coming back again. I was having issues with this tv a few weeks ago. They thought it was the receiver and they sent me a new one, but it wasn't the right model, so I sent it back. Then it started working okay except that the signal would go out every morning and I had to restart it. Well, the other day it went out completely so they are sending a technician out to make sure it's the right one and that it gets connected correctly. Fine with me.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:57 AM   #9753
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Monday!

This is going to be a busy week for me! I even spent some time in the stamp room yesterday and I usually not there on the weekends! Today I have a Christmas Stamp-a-Stack at Sarah's and also I need to stop at my LSS to drop off a set of swap cards. Tomorrow I have a dental cleaning and Wednesday is a Humane Society Board meeting. AND--I have a few cards to make in those three days as we are heading to San Francisco early Thursday morning. My nephew lives there and has said he is moving back to the Midwest soon, so we decided to go visit. We are heading to Napa for the weekend and have 4 winery tours booked. The weather is to be perfect for some exploring. We will come home Tuesday, so it should be a whirlwind trip! AND--I am not taking my laptop so I am going to be unplugged from SCS the entire time. It will be a true vacation!
Old 09-16-2019, 05:34 PM   #9754
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Barb- you are a wild woman! I love your business, and I love that you are going to Napa!!!

Maggie- you are so busy as well! I love that you are continuing with your schooling and inspiring others as well!

Kelly- will keep you in prayers for a successful surgery, and that your family waits on you- hope you can relax and recover!!!

Hugs and waving hello to all!

Shelly
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:58 AM   #9755
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Tuesday! The Christmas Card class was fun and I was successful in the errands I did afterwards! Today is a dental cleaning-and more time in the stamp room!
Old 09-17-2019, 09:35 AM   #9756
Quacker Stamper

Good afternoon. I spent time this morning on my Research Methodology class. Got everything done for the week except one more skill tests quiz. I won't do that today. It's not due until Saturday night at 11:59. I finished everything for my other class for the week so that is a plus.

The ATT tech came this morning and installed a WAP (some little wireless devise that is supposed to enhance the signal and he installed a new receiver, so should be good to go for a few years now.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:46 PM   #9757
Proud Fan Club Member

Ohhh Barb is taking a fun vacation and I think we should all tag along! Enjoy, enjoy!!!

Sounds like everyone is in between busy and fun and crazy!

We had my son's party so now I'm hoping to just get back to NORMAL~!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:41 AM   #9758
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post

Ohhh Barb is taking a fun vacation and I think we should all tag along! Enjoy, enjoy!!!

Sounds like everyone is in between busy and fun and crazy!

We had my son's party so now I'm hoping to just get back to NORMAL~!
What is normal Kelly?
barbaralynn and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:41 AM   #9759
Quacker Stamper

We are dealing with Tropical Storm Imelda. It started yesterday and we are supposed to continue to get rain through today. There were flash flood warnings, but we did not get that much rain in our area. Places closer to the coast got 10+ inches. My niece has property down in Sargeant and I heard they got 14 inches.

A GF and I met two of our missionaries for dinner at a Mexican restaurant at 5 last night. I think they enjoyed it. They are both from Utah so pretty new to the Tex Mex experience. We talked them in to dessert and they had Sopapillas which they thoroughly enjoyed.

Doing some laundry and cleaning up today. I am putting off my last quiz until tomorrow.
mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:24 AM   #9760
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I had a meeting early this morning and now am catching up on SCS. We are heading out early tomorrow morning and I am not planning to check into SCS until I get home Tuesday night or maybe not until Wednesday morning.