In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2014, 04:08 AM   #921
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,748
Default

Good morning!

No problems with blogger here that I'm aware of Maxine.

I've got an appt. with the dermatologist this morning before I head in to work.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:33 AM   #922
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Yes, US was ahead 2-1 most of the second half, but Portugal tied with less than 30 seconds left! They play Germany on Thursday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
I heard that they tied the game and that we are in a points tie with Germany.
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #924
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

No Barb - it's Tuesday and Monday was a good day here Tuesday isn't looking too bad either ...
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #925
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,748
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Yes, US was ahead 2-1 most of the second half, but Portugal tied with less than 30 seconds left! They play Germany on Thursday.
Yes, and they still have a chance to advance. Keeping my fingers crossed.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #926
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,748
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
No Barb - it's Tuesday and Monday was a good day here Tuesday isn't looking too bad either ...
LOL! Mine was okay up until about an hour before it was time to go home. Boss had been working on a document and then I had to show him how to change the footer, which he hadn't done. I don't know that much about using Word and now I have to teach my boss how to do it too.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Kiwime likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #927
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

Rushing through once again I'm afraid!

Maxine! YES, on the blogger problems. Same thing here so have no idea who has posted a card or not - unless I happen to be following with Bloglovin or subscribing! Pain in the back side for sure! I posted a question about it in Blogger help and see that you and I about 14 million others are having the same issue exactly!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully they'll get it worked out soon.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #928
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default

Winter! Good heavens, Maxine - LOL!! Here we are alternatively sweating in 100* or being rained out in torrential downpours!

But I LOVE LOVE LOVE clothes (especially our sheets!) dried on the line!! I'm the only one so sadly, we used the dryer a lot

Maggie, recipe please!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh that pasta sounds yummy! I made a vegetarian chili for dinner tonight w/ cornbread - it was a HUGE hit! Even dh had a second helping! (and if he doesn't like it, I'll know, LOL)

Haven't blogged in forever, so I hope the problems are cleared up by now!

Hugs, all!

__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:37 PM   #929
Proud Fan Club Member
 
mcschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 5,108
Default Hi

I was able to upload a card easily tonight using Blogger- which has been testy lately uploading cards. I am having an issue with only one blog on my feed.....

Heading to bed...thought I'd stop in. I made cards for a masculine swap last night, and noticed when I was getting them ready to mail the swap was oriental...so I stamped little Kanji in about 5 areas. Got them all set to go and realized it was Indians on the plains with a Buffalo....surely they do not have Indians in Asia, so I just wrecked the cards....... I was going to sen them anyway, but decided to re-do the front panel....dang it!

Kelly- yes- Stephi is a vegetarian- she does eat some fish (Shrimp and Suchi). I asked her to go to a Nutritionist last year- especially with the amount of running she does- and it was very helpful for her. Esp to figure out how to get her protein. Her blood count and Ferritin levels are great too.

Funny- a nutritionist just advised me to not have Kale in my smoothie daily- they are finding some enzyme in it is not good in the long run.....so she said every 2-3 days is better...... I am definitely a meat eater- LOVE my beef (we get ours straight from the butcher-straight from the farm).

Darlene- good for you getting that big job done! WHat will you grow in containers on the deck?

Lynn- what a funny story- you always put a smile on my face! First with the tile and the molding- so, do you have to head back to the big city for molding? (or, maybe you'll find it on the side of the road on the way there.....).

Oh clothes on the line- Queen of allergies here- NOT me! I do hang some clothes up in the laundry room- NONE outside- attracts pollens, etc......
But I think you are all lucky that get to do that....

Kelly- take care of yourself! Gotta keep that immunity up! And, I will not promise, but will try with the shaving cream : )

We have not watched much of the soccer, but we were watching it when the goal was scored 30 seconds before the game was over- probably saw about 30 minutes of the game..... I LOVE soccer : )

Barb- cute graphics!

Maxine- hard to believe it is winter there- nice and warm/humid/sunny here! Not like our Southern state friends though.

Yes- 27 & 29 yrs- that is a LONG time! Congrats to you both.

Waving hello to all

Have to get to bed! Two more sessions of Physical Therapy......
Shelly

Maggie- sounds like a yummy recipe!
__________________
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
Visit My Instagram HERE DT for  Jan's Digital Stamps
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:35 AM   #930
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #931
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,910
Default

Hello!
Yes, Blogger sure is cranky today.

Waving to everyone, have a few appointments at the end of the work day, so heading out soon. Visited some of your blogs, left love!
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #932
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

Well, "Bathroom Vacation" continues at the Hayes household!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funny to even go into everything that's happening............and yet we still haven't gotten to the potty area. That could turn into a full blown riot - with me running away from home! LOL!

From what I understand with Blogger right now - everyone that has it is having problems with the Reader and being able to see who all has posted, etc. Blogger "help" doesn't have a solution but "are working on it"! I follow some through Bloglovin and also subscribe to some so I can see a few but that's about it. Some of the folks on the Blogger help forum are saying they're had this problem for over a week. Mine only started yesterday. Oh well........it's free so what can you do.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #933
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default

Raising hand - blogger problems! Who jinxed us! LOL!

LaundryStamper, you are killing me! LOL! too funny

Off to Karate and off to ice cream!

__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:15 PM   #934
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,748
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Winter! Good heavens, Maxine - LOL!! Here we are alternatively sweating in 100* or being rained out in torrential downpours!

But I LOVE LOVE LOVE clothes (especially our sheets!) dried on the line!! I'm the only one so sadly, we used the dryer a lot

Maggie, recipe please!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh that pasta sounds yummy! I made a vegetarian chili for dinner tonight w/ cornbread - it was a HUGE hit! Even dh had a second helping! (and if he doesn't like it, I'll know, LOL)

Haven't blogged in forever, so I hope the problems are cleared up by now!

Hugs, all!
Here is a link to the recipe. You'll have to send me your recipe for Vegetarian Chili. That was one of the meals on my list. Be interested to see how you made yours.

Spinach and Black Bean Pasta Recipe - Allrecipes.com
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #935
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,748
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
I was able to upload a card easily tonight using Blogger- which has been testy lately uploading cards. I am having an issue with only one blog on my feed.....

Heading to bed...thought I'd stop in. I made cards for a masculine swap last night, and noticed when I was getting them ready to mail the swap was oriental...so I stamped little Kanji in about 5 areas. Got them all set to go and realized it was Indians on the plains with a Buffalo....surely they do not have Indians in Asia, so I just wrecked the cards....... I was going to sen them anyway, but decided to re-do the front panel....dang it!

Kelly- yes- Stephi is a vegetarian- she does eat some fish (Shrimp and Suchi). I asked her to go to a Nutritionist last year- especially with the amount of running she does- and it was very helpful for her. Esp to figure out how to get her protein. Her blood count and Ferritin levels are great too.

Funny- a nutritionist just advised me to not have Kale in my smoothie daily- they are finding some enzyme in it is not good in the long run.....so she said every 2-3 days is better...... I am definitely a meat eater- LOVE my beef (we get ours straight from the butcher-straight from the farm).

Darlene- good for you getting that big job done! WHat will you grow in containers on the deck?

Lynn- what a funny story- you always put a smile on my face! First with the tile and the molding- so, do you have to head back to the big city for molding? (or, maybe you'll find it on the side of the road on the way there.....).

Oh clothes on the line- Queen of allergies here- NOT me! I do hang some clothes up in the laundry room- NONE outside- attracts pollens, etc......
But I think you are all lucky that get to do that....

Kelly- take care of yourself! Gotta keep that immunity up! And, I will not promise, but will try with the shaving cream : )

We have not watched much of the soccer, but we were watching it when the goal was scored 30 seconds before the game was over- probably saw about 30 minutes of the game..... I LOVE soccer : )

Barb- cute graphics!

Maxine- hard to believe it is winter there- nice and warm/humid/sunny here! Not like our Southern state friends though.

Yes- 27 & 29 yrs- that is a LONG time! Congrats to you both.

Waving hello to all

Have to get to bed! Two more sessions of Physical Therapy......
Shelly

Maggie- sounds like a yummy recipe!
Sorry you had issues getting your swap right to send out.

Great that your PT is almost over.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:20 PM   #936
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,748
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello!
Yes, Blogger sure is cranky today.

Waving to everyone, have a few appointments at the end of the work day, so heading out soon. Visited some of your blogs, left love!
Thanks for stopping by Darlene. I was hoping to get around last night, but ran out of time. Tonight I need to go visit a GF. Hope I have some play time tonight.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #937
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,748
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Well, "Bathroom Vacation" continues at the Hayes household!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funny to even go into everything that's happening............and yet we still haven't gotten to the potty area. That could turn into a full blown riot - with me running away from home! LOL!

From what I understand with Blogger right now - everyone that has it is having problems with the Reader and being able to see who all has posted, etc. Blogger "help" doesn't have a solution but "are working on it"! I follow some through Bloglovin and also subscribe to some so I can see a few but that's about it. Some of the folks on the Blogger help forum are saying they're had this problem for over a week. Mine only started yesterday. Oh well........it's free so what can you do.
LOL! That is one place where I don't want to have a vacation! I just can't imagine.

Thanks for the details on the issue.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:09 PM   #938
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

I would love to be a fly on your wall Lynn - sounds as though life is a laugh a minute at your place at the moment!!

I went to gym this morning and the instructor was giving us new routines and I am feeling it now....

Thanks for you comment Darlene - nice to have you visit again.

Blogger is being and outright PAIN!! I agree.

Maggie sounds as though you really did your research for your vegetarian guest - you must be a wonderful hostess!

Shelly I do trust your P.T. had done what you wanted it to

Waving to you all
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:04 AM   #939
Proud Fan Club Member
 
mcschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 5,108
Default

Dropping in quickly- stayed up too late again..... I have lots of stamping to accomplish, and have tomorrow to work on cards luckily. I really screwed up a swap- I woke up with my head in the clouds today....achy all over (Fibro)...... I mentioned I made a swap with the incorrect theme (July theme)....so the June was is Oriental with an animal on it...I made a flower in a vase.... I looked at it and thought- I do not believe I did this twice! Oh dear- I added a horse and Kanji on the vase (for the animal theme) - hubby says it does not look too hot...... It is not the worse card I have ever made- thought you would all get a good chuckle from that one! I do not think it looks horrible, so will use it anyway- totally need to move on! Have 3 DT cards to make by Thursday PM........ I spent some time tonight searching for the images I would use- one theme is totally new and different to me, so needed to find something I would be comfortable using......

Maxine- Congrats on your win at ODBD- just saw it linking up my horse vase card on Paper Playful : )

Night ladies : )

Shelly
__________________
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
Visit My Instagram HERE DT for  Jan's Digital Stamps
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:40 AM   #940
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Thanks Shelly - blogger seems to be up and running again now, and I have just caught up and saw it! Very happy with the win as i have been wanting one or two things from there, but with the postage I hesitate, so that actually pays the postage and I can afford one or two other things .
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:23 AM   #941
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:21 AM   #942
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default

YAY for Blogger working again! (Especially since I have to get a post up!)

Congrats Maxine! I love ODBD!

Hi, everyone!

off to the bank, then to pick up odds and ends at CVS, then have to scoot ds to his karate class and dd's camp show is tonight at 7 - they are doing a rendition of Peter Pan . Too cute! She's just a camp counselor and a set designer but had the sweetest compliment from a mom - her son, who's 5, is so taken with her and so attached to her that she asked her to be a babysitter! She even offered to pick up her and drop her off if we needed - even if she doesn't end up taking the job (it's her senior year = cahrazy busy!), it's nice to know she has that connection with the kids

__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:14 AM   #943
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,910
Default

Hello & Happy Thursday (happy Friday to Maxine!)

Rainy day here, that's ok because we need the moisture, unlike other states who are flooded

Woot Woot to Maxine for her win at ODBD!!! I just LOVE their stamps - don't own any yet.

Lynn: I will be the second fly on the wall during your reno. LOL. I was really getting a visual about you both down on the floor then realizing that no one was there to help you up. Came close to that myself a few times in the past months, hahaha!

Maggie, I love Allrecipes.com, don't you? I was eyeing that recipe, or something similar, back when I also had a guest with a special diet. I'll have to give that one a try.

Shelly, so sorry to hear that your fibro is acting up, you take care, ok? Ummm, about the swap cards - all I can say is: "I thought only I did that".


Can you believe that it will soon be JULY??!! Holy cow, the year is flying by.
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:09 AM   #944
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Good Morning. I am headed to a stamper's estate sale and she was a bit of a hoarder, so there is a ton of stuff. I have seen pictures and it is amazing how much stuff she had. Then a bit of stamping this afternoon I hope. We have a friend come tonight to stay with us for two nights, so I may not be back here until Saturday night. I hope you have a great couple of days!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:21 AM   #945
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

Barb! WOW on the Stampers Estate sale! OMGoodness.....no telling what all you can pick up at that. Talk about fun!

Shelly sorry you're not feeling up to par. Hang in there!

Maxine, big congrats on the win! That's great!!!

Kelly, that's great about your daughter and maybe doing some baby sitting. It's a great way to make a little money plus they learn so much! My daughter baby sat in high school except when she had something else going on with school, etc. and it was a good experience.

Maggie, that recipe does sound good! Jim wouldn't probably eat it - but I would!

Darlene, you'll have to post a picture on your deck that you finished now. Know it's beautiful.

Waving hi to everyone else. When does Jeanette get back?

Continuing saga of the bathroom!!!!!!!! Jim is helping a guy with shredding, etc. this week and we still haven't started on the potty area. Ok.......I'm getting a little tired of seeing a bathroom half way finished around here. SO, told him I was going to caulk inside the shower while he was gone. No problem! He got out the caulk he'd brought the other day for this purpose (now.....keep that statement in mind), loaded the caulk gun and left. Of course I didn't tell him I'd never caulked in my life but surely it can't be that hard - right! Got in the shower with all my tools and started caulking away. Piece of cake and it looked beautiful! Got one wall completely finished - a masterpiece!!! Got out to do something and just happened to notice the caulk he bought - it's for windows and baseboards! YIKES! This is so not good! Crawled out of the shower, threw on some decent clothes and got to town for more caulk. Got back home, changed clothes, crawled back in the shower and lo and behold the wall I did is pretty much already dried. Had to dig it out and start all over again. FINALLY got it finished! When Jim came home I instructed him on how to put on his glasses in the future! LOL! And to think we haven't even started on the potty area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:23 AM   #946
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,748
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
I would love to be a fly on your wall Lynn - sounds as though life is a laugh a minute at your place at the moment!!

I went to gym this morning and the instructor was giving us new routines and I am feeling it now....

Thanks for you comment Darlene - nice to have you visit again.

Blogger is being and outright PAIN!! I agree.

Maggie sounds as though you really did your research for your vegetarian guest - you must be a wonderful hostess!

Shelly I do trust your P.T. had done what you wanted it to

Waving to you all
That's great that you are going to the gym to work out. Do you go every day?

I just love to cook especially for those who love to eat.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:25 AM   #947
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,748
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Dropping in quickly- stayed up too late again..... I have lots of stamping to accomplish, and have tomorrow to work on cards luckily. I really screwed up a swap- I woke up with my head in the clouds today....achy all over (Fibro)...... I mentioned I made a swap with the incorrect theme (July theme)....so the June was is Oriental with an animal on it...I made a flower in a vase.... I looked at it and thought- I do not believe I did this twice! Oh dear- I added a horse and Kanji on the vase (for the animal theme) - hubby says it does not look too hot...... It is not the worse card I have ever made- thought you would all get a good chuckle from that one! I do not think it looks horrible, so will use it anyway- totally need to move on! Have 3 DT cards to make by Thursday PM........ I spent some time tonight searching for the images I would use- one theme is totally new and different to me, so needed to find something I would be comfortable using......

Maxine- Congrats on your win at ODBD- just saw it linking up my horse vase card on Paper Playful : )

Night ladies : )

Shelly
I've done that a couple of times - forgotten that there was a theme and just made my own pretty card and then have to change it around to meet the theme. That's great that you were able to salvage it. I like that my DT obligations are spread out over 2 weeks, so I don't feel so overwhelmed getting them done all at the same time.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:28 AM   #948
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,748
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning. I am headed to a stamper's estate sale and she was a bit of a hoarder, so there is a ton of stuff. I have seen pictures and it is amazing how much stuff she had. Then a bit of stamping this afternoon I hope. We have a friend come tonight to stay with us for two nights, so I may not be back here until Saturday night. I hope you have a great couple of days!
LOL! I know the feeling. I could open a store with the stuff that I have in my stamp room. You just never know when you might need something, although I am going to do something about all the dp that I have that I won't ever use.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #949
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,748
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Barb! WOW on the Stampers Estate sale! OMGoodness.....no telling what all you can pick up at that. Talk about fun!

Shelly sorry you're not feeling up to par. Hang in there!

Maxine, big congrats on the win! That's great!!!

Kelly, that's great about your daughter and maybe doing some baby sitting. It's a great way to make a little money plus they learn so much! My daughter baby sat in high school except when she had something else going on with school, etc. and it was a good experience.

Maggie, that recipe does sound good! Jim wouldn't probably eat it - but I would!

Darlene, you'll have to post a picture on your deck that you finished now. Know it's beautiful.

Waving hi to everyone else. When does Jeanette get back?

Continuing saga of the bathroom!!!!!!!! Jim is helping a guy with shredding, etc. this week and we still haven't started on the potty area. Ok.......I'm getting a little tired of seeing a bathroom half way finished around here. SO, told him I was going to caulk inside the shower while he was gone. No problem! He got out the caulk he'd brought the other day for this purpose (now.....keep that statement in mind), loaded the caulk gun and left. Of course I didn't tell him I'd never caulked in my life but surely it can't be that hard - right! Got in the shower with all my tools and started caulking away. Piece of cake and it looked beautiful! Got one wall completely finished - a masterpiece!!! Got out to do something and just happened to notice the caulk he bought - it's for windows and baseboards! YIKES! This is so not good! Crawled out of the shower, threw on some decent clothes and got to town for more caulk. Got back home, changed clothes, crawled back in the shower and lo and behold the wall I did is pretty much already dried. Had to dig it out and start all over again. FINALLY got it finished! When Jim came home I instructed him on how to put on his glasses in the future! LOL! And to think we haven't even started on the potty area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTG Lynn! You could get a job on This Old House! (TV show in our area about fixing up houses).
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:32 AM   #950
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,748
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
YAY for Blogger working again! (Especially since I have to get a post up!)

Congrats Maxine! I love ODBD!

Hi, everyone!

off to the bank, then to pick up odds and ends at CVS, then have to scoot ds to his karate class and dd's camp show is tonight at 7 - they are doing a rendition of Peter Pan . Too cute! She's just a camp counselor and a set designer but had the sweetest compliment from a mom - her son, who's 5, is so taken with her and so attached to her that she asked her to be a babysitter! She even offered to pick up her and drop her off if we needed - even if she doesn't end up taking the job (it's her senior year = cahrazy busy!), it's nice to know she has that connection with the kids

That's sweet that the little 5 yo loves her. It would be nice to have a babysitting job lined up for when she needed some extra $$.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:25 AM   #951
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default

Dashing by to say my SHAVING CREAM Card is up on my blog! That was fun, ladies!! You simply MUST give it a try!!

Barb, wow, lucky girl -- good luck on your purchases at the estate!

And I'm with Maggie, lol -- you look at my Cabana and think it's a store! It's ridiculous! I just tend to hang on to things rather than 'use' them

__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:30 AM   #952
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default

So, I shaved today! LOL! Here is my shaving cream card -- come on, ladies, give it a try! It's a blast! And super easy!!!!!!!!!

*Sandcastle Stamper* : I *Shaved* today! Woot, Woot!
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:20 AM   #953
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

I just wrote a nice long post here and it went POOF! Not even going to attempt it again right now.
Kelly, loved your card today!
Lynn
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:27 AM   #954
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,748
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
So, I shaved today! LOL! Here is my shaving cream card -- come on, ladies, give it a try! It's a blast! And super easy!!!!!!!!!

*Sandcastle Stamper* : I *Shaved* today! Woot, Woot!
Go you! It turned out fabulous Kelly! Love the colors you used.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #955
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,721
Default

Hi Guys--a quick check in this afternoon. The sale was fun and crowded! There was probably 250 SU stamp sets along with a whole bunch of sets from other companies and then boxes of loose stamps. They sold those at $6 a pound since they did not want to price all of them. I got 2 1/2 pounds of maybe 8 larger stamps, including 2 D. Morgan--that was $15 for all of those! 12x12 paper was 6 for $1 and I got $13 of much needed patterned paper--LOL!!!!!! Most of what I got was Graphic 45, so that was a good deal. She had sometimes had 40 sheets of one kind of paper....................... Most of the stamps were never used and many ink pads were still wrapped in plastic, including 5 boxes of older color families of SU inks! Can you tell she was a bit or a hoarder?

I also picked up my hostess order from this month at the sale from my demo and it was in a box! My theory is that it is an awesome hostess month when your order comes in a SU box!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener, MiamiKel4 and luvcardmaking like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:23 PM   #956
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,960
Default

Holy shopping, Barb - what a haul! Congrats!! Sounds like a toy store for crafters Hopefully your b-ball coaching taught you to use your elbows in the pushing and shoving, lol!

YAY on the Germany win!!!!!!!!!! My heart soars!!!! But happy for the USA, too - it's tough to love both teams, but there can only be one winner, eh. We both advance to the next rounds so it's good!

And SO HAPPY TO HEAR they banned Sanchez!! Yes! 4 month suspension and 9 games for that ridiculous childish bite towards Italy - shameful behavior. He let down his team, his country, himself. I hope he thinks long and hard about sportsmanship and behaving like an adult!!

Maggie, here's the recipe for the vegetarian chili - I love it. I do substitute the pinto beans for kidney beans, just a personal preference (love them both, but kidney eeans = chili to me!) and I only do half the jalepeno pepper. Contest-Winning Vegetarian Chili Recipe | Taste of Home

I had to up my multivitamin today - bleck. Iron makes me sick. Ya'll remember when you were pregnant and had to take those prenatal vitamins? I don't know about you, but they made me even more sick than the morning sickness did! I literally knew it was going to be awful the second I swallowed them (but you HAVE TO!)

Lynn, are we done in the bathroom?

Shell, how you feeling, love? I hope you are resting up when you can - and that the PT is doing good.

Maxine, how's winter!!? Missing our Jeanette And Kristie, Nancy ....

Hugs all around! I'm off to Karate, the PO, and then the grocery store after class. Of course, I'd much rather be IN THE CABANA ... LOL!

Thank you for the compliments on my card! I really hope you girls give it a try!! *wink, wink!* It's super easy, the longest part is letting it dry - LOL!! 'Come on, girls! Let's get shaving!!!!!!!!!! ♥
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 06-26-2014 at 01:29 PM..
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #957
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,748
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Holy shopping, Barb - what a haul! Congrats!! Sounds like a toy store for crafters Hopefully your b-ball coaching taught you to use your elbows in the pushing and shoving, lol!

YAY on the Germany win!!!!!!!!!! My heart soars!!!! But happy for the USA, too - it's tough to love both teams, but there can only be one winner, eh. We both advance to the next rounds so it's good!

And SO HAPPY TO HEAR they banned Sanchez!! Yes! 4 month suspension and 9 games for that ridiculous childish bite towards Italy - shameful behavior. He let down his team, his country, himself. I hope he thinks long and hard about sportsmanship and behaving like an adult!!

Maggie, here's the recipe for the vegetarian chili - I love it. I do substitute the pinto beans for kidney beans, just a personal preference (love them both, but kidney eeans = chili to me!) and I only do half the jalepeno pepper. Contest-Winning Vegetarian Chili Recipe | Taste of Home

I had to up my multivitamin today - bleck. Iron makes me sick. Ya'll remember when you were pregnant and had to take those prenatal vitamins? I don't know about you, but they made me even more sick than the morning sickness did! I literally knew it was going to be awful the second I swallowed them (but you HAVE TO!)

Lynn, are we done in the bathroom?

Shell, how you feeling, love? I hope you are resting up when you can - and that the PT is doing good.

Maxine, how's winter!!? Missing our Jeanette And Kristie, Nancy ....

Hugs all around! I'm off to Karate, the PO, and then the grocery store after class. Of course, I'd much rather be IN THE CABANA ... LOL!

Thank you for the compliments on my card! I really hope you girls give it a try!! *wink, wink!* It's super easy, the longest part is letting it dry - LOL!! 'Come on, girls! Let's get shaving!!!!!!!!!! ♥
Thanks for the link to the recipe Kelly. I'll have to try that one next time the kids come for dinner or I may wait until the Fall when the weather is a little cooler.

Uh, talking about pre-natal vitamins. Something you want to tell us Kelly.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:39 PM   #958
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,748
Default

I got a call right before 2 that the window guy would be by my house about 2:30 so I left the office. So glad that I didn't let the lawn guy do the job because they had to replace the whole unit including the trim otherwise rain could get in it and it would leak into the window and damage the door. Looks great now!

I just got a call from my boss. He doesn't remember which hotel he's supposed to be at in Austin. Said he couldn't access it from his phone. I told him since I wasn't at the office that I couldn't help him. I had no idea which hotel we made the reservation for. Told him to call the paralegal at the office since she would have access to his Outlook and his e-mail and could find it for him.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #959
Proud Fan Club Member
 
mcschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 5,108
Default

I'm back! Finished my work this week and off until the 1st - YEAH! I am a bit crazy now, mostly with DT work. I have TJ cards due on the 2nd for one. I am guest DT at the Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers tomorrow- I accepted as I won with the Anniversary card I made for my folks 59th- and I felt like I should just because of that, well, the theme is Steampunk- so I have made my first Steampunk card ever!

I signed up to take the Kit and Clowder coloring class- it is just fabulous. I am on lesson one which is coloring and shading faces...... That is as far as I have gotten- need a day to play!

I have my last PT tomorrow- I have constant tingling in all of my fingers, both hands and when I stretch or exercise (arms and upper body) it gets more tingly and I feel it around my lips as well...... MRI is Tuesday...... I have had a C6- fusion already, so kinda nervous, but I am not going to worry- put it in Gods Hands......

Kelly- I forgot shaving cream when I went to the store- I will try to get to it- I will most likely be late......with the Tj cards- just have 2 ready so far. One of the techniques is pretty easy, so hope they put together quickly! So fun the little one loves your daughter- that is a huge compliment! So sorry about the Iron pills- I had a really low blood count after Stephi- it was 5 after Stephi was born, so had a couple units of blood.... I remember the Iron was really hard to take. Bless you! I hope that it helps quickly!


Maggie- good thing you made it home- and funny your boss needs you to tell him his hotel- hope he got it figured out : ) Oh, you would love to cook for Ray- he LOVES to eat!

Barb- congrats on your haul! I just love stamping sales- I stamp late at night when the stores are closed, so NEED to have things and stuff at my fingertips (that's a good one, huh? ) I am the same way with my sewing supplies.....

Paula- I have not seen all of your GDT ODBD cards- I will get by and drool...oooops- I mean visit in the near future! It sounds like between the puppy and sorting out 'belongings', you have your hands full!

Lynn, I just read your post to Ray- he is feeling bad for you and your troubles tonight, but happy you noticed it was the wrong caulk before you did the entire bathroom!

Darlene- Thanks : ) So glad to see you popping in. So, when does your son move in???

Jeanette should be back soon, then she will have to adjust to the time difference...!

Off to bed early- I had to post a card last night- took me forever- the bottom portion of the post showed up in the draft, but when I published it, it disappeared..... I wanted to scream! It took about 1 1/2 hours to get it to stop dropping the ending. So, going to bed- before midnight too.....

Waving hello to all. Have a great week : )
Shelly
__________________
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
Visit My Instagram HERE DT for  Jan's Digital Stamps
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:17 AM   #960
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

I made my TAT card today - it took me four goes to get a piece that I liked.... and then I used it on a DT card which cannot be revealed until the 1st . Don't know if I will use the other pieces at this point - they might just go into my stash to be reviewed in a few years time .

Good to see you here Shelly and know that you have finished work for a day or two. Sorry to hear about your tingles - not nice .

Waving at Darlene, Barb, Kelly, Maggie et al.
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off