Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #881
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Happy Monday AM! Stephi is packing and will head to Michigan today. What a mess! She will be staying in a cabin for the internship, so a little more rustic- but she is looking forward to it.

It is amazing how much picking up you have to do with just one more person in the house....... Not a complaint, just an observation.

Now we will be getting the house ready for when the twins arrive in 3 weeks. Katie has sent me a list of all of the doc appts she wants me to make for her...... Better get on that!

I have joined one more challenge as GDT for the summer, and Sweet Stamps has lengthened our DT term...... so now I may have taken on a bit much for the summertime....we'll see! I am a very slow stamper! I am still getting the rooms together after the painting (still ongoing) and all. I have decided to take off the wall paper in Chris' old room and paint and it will be my new 'Cabana' : )

Waving hello to all- will stop by later.

No, I have never heard from a stamp company to buy something when I have rec's a freebie.....jeepers! I have to say, I have not heard back from a recent win- I replied the day after and it has been 11 days- I sent another e-mail today.....Oh well......maybe someone is on vacation or something.... I do not want to beg..

Have a great day

Shelly
Sounds like you have a revolving door at your house Shelly. How long will Stephi be gone doing her internship? What is it for? How long will the twins be there? Just for the summer and then back to school?

Congrats I think on your GDT for the Summer. I see lots of those around when I'm doing challenges and always think it would be fun to be a GDT, but the other DT's keep me busy enough. That's great that you're going to have your own Cabana room soon.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:59 AM   #882
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--Happy Wednesday and Hump Day!

It is raining again today and a storm is headed our way. I have a trailer full of branches to unload, but I am staying put right now to see what happens with the weather. Stamp class was fun yesterday and we made 5 cute cards. I also completed my hostess order and was able to get lots of free stuff and 3 half-price items--YAY!!!!!

I hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:47 AM   #883
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Woohoo for Shelly's new Cabana!!! Most awesome!!!!!!! Ive been spending a lot of time in mine lately - now that it's so neat and organized, lol! I still 'hide stuff' from myself once in awhile - yesterday I spent 35 minutes looking for a ribbon that ended up being right where I swear I looked 50 times!

Hi Barb! Stay safe in that storm. Hey, the book I'm reviewing right now -- a bishop and his wife sold all their worldly possessions and moved to war torn Sudan to start an orphanage and ministry - what a call of faith!! They took Romans 12 LITERALLY! It's very moving, horribly sad as well, but their incredible generosity and humanity are giving such incredible gifts to those they are reaching, feeding, housing, schooling - over 500 children! Anyway, I'm rambling ...... the point is, they are from Waukesha
You may know of the book (from your town, or church, etc) It's Adventures Under the Mango Tree.

Also, like Barb, we have rain! UGH. I stopped at Starbucks on the way home from taking dd to camp - WOOT! ANd now we're off to the dentist with my litter, lol ..... ortho and check ups and cleaning and what not, minus dd at camp -- nice way to spend 4 HOURS

Hugs, ya'll!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 06-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #884
SCS RAK Coordinator

Never heard of it Kelly, but it is good to see a positive noted from Waukesha--you know?!
Old 06-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #885
Pearl-ExPert

Yea on getting your own craft room Shelly! Know it's going to be perfect too.

I just saw those adorable pink rain boots on FB, Kelly!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I want them so bad - but have no use for them! LOL!

Waving hi to everyone else!
Old 06-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #886
Quacker Stamper

HI all! Just back from lunch out with the bosses and 2 of the ladies that I work with. We went to KPops! It's a fabulous buffet restaurant. So after we were done eating we were talking about ice cream or something and my boss asked if we wanted to go to DQ so we said yes. Well, it ended up that I was the only one that wanted a dipped cone!!!! That's okay though because it was my 27th anniversary with the firm and we were celebrating.

We've had some rain come through here while we were out and about. It looked like a good shower while we were in the restaurant and from the map it looks like I got some at my house. I sure hope so. I don't complain about the rain anymore since we had our drought. I'm always glad to see it rain and water my plants, trees, and flowers.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #887
Pearl-ExPert

Twenty seven years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!! Maggie, big congrats!!!! Oh, and yes.....dip cones are my favorite too!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #888
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes Barb, that's true -- always nice to hear the good that people are doing

I have to stop by FB to see your new room, Shel!

Yup, more rain here! I bought those clearance boots awhile back - they are a size too big and super funky, lol, but so much fun! ANd they have saved my feet countless times.

Good news and bad news at the dentist -- cavity free - WOOT, but poor Victoria's wisdom teeth are already bursting out, which means by Christmas = removal. We just had her two sisters done in the last 2 years - CHA-CHING!!! Not to mention it's painful I asked if we could wait til next summer since they are not quite ready yet and she said it would probably mess up her gorgeous teeth - she JUST GOT HER BRACES OFF!! Poor kid.

Hey Lynn! I found the husband to your card that you had on your blog!
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Wanna Build a Memory: Lucky to be alive!
Old 06-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #889
Pearl-ExPert

Ouch on the dentist! Don't want those teeth messed up though.

I have the "husband" to that image too. Isn't he a hoot.

I'll have to look on FB for Shelly's room now too.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #890
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hahaha You will be looking around on FB until about Sept/Oct for my new room! I have to get all of the kids stuff out after we finish painting woodwork, taking down wallpaper and painting, then moving everything up from the basement ....... I will enjoy having a window!

We have 22 more days until Katie arrives home...! She has a return ticket. I think she is set on returning, but she did apply for jobs here as well. She got a call from Scottsdale, Arizona for an interview, her text to me read, "Do I want to move to Scottsdale"....I replied to her that she was the one that applied there.... We'll see......

Maggie- Stephi is doing an internship using her Environmental Sciences and Chem degree to mathematically analyze soil and air..... I do not really have a clue- she did not explain it in English too well. She will be back in August- ~ the 20th for a few days before she returns to school for the fall semester.

Glad Casper is OUT! I wonder how long it will take him to feel back to himself- are the other cats interacting with him? When he got sick, you mentioned they could smell him or something like that......

It is raining here too- down pouring currently. Ray will be mowing the lawn again.

Kelly- that book sounds interesting!

I am still working hard to keep up and getting caught up on commenting with the computer being down for a few days. I just have a couple more things to reload before I am all set!

I am off to take a shower- we have a leak in the middle shower, so have the water off- Ray turned it on for a bit, so I have to take advantage of it!

We also had the AC go out in the van this week- $1600 later- life is good!

Shelly

Last edited by mcschmidty; 06-18-2014 at 06:30 PM..
Old 06-19-2014, 06:15 AM   #891
SCS RAK Coordinator

Old 06-19-2014, 04:28 PM   #892
Insane Embellisher

Time seems to escape me before I can check in here. You are the chattiest bunch (which is a good thing!! )

Mike's birthday was nice as was Father's Day. I had a health issue to deal with earlier this week, antibiotics seem to be doing the trick thankfully.

Kelly - thanks for explaining what your DH does. Sorry the court thing is turning into a hassle. Glad you are enjoying your time in the Cabana. I've been spending a lot of time in my room this week too. I have never had a company contact me after I've gotten a freebie suggesting I look around to make a purchase. Frankly that would turn me off from the company!

Maggie - Sounds like you've had a lot of good meals lately - the buffet with your GF, dinner at your DD's and out to lunch with your company. Congrats on 27 years, that is awesome!! I am celebrating 15 years with my company on the 29th.

Shelly - Woohoo for getting a new craft area. I can understand how much work it is to fix up a room. I've done it twice to the same room now. The first time is was fixing walls, flooring, windows and painting. This time around was just painting but a pain since I had to empty the room to do it.

Barb - Glad you were able to sell some stuff at the sale. I know you can't wait to get that order from stamp club! I'm still deciding on my order for my next quarter. Too many good things in the new catalog!!

Lynn - you sound like a busy bee!! I hope you get a little break from canning to craft soon.

Hi to Maxine, Darlene, Nancy and anyone I missed!
Old 06-19-2014, 04:34 PM   #893
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Yes Barb, that's true -- always nice to hear the good that people are doing

I have to stop by FB to see your new room, Shel!

Yup, more rain here! I bought those clearance boots awhile back - they are a size too big and super funky, lol, but so much fun! ANd they have saved my feet countless times.

Good news and bad news at the dentist -- cavity free - WOOT, but poor Victoria's wisdom teeth are already bursting out, which means by Christmas = removal. We just had her two sisters done in the last 2 years - CHA-CHING!!! Not to mention it's painful I asked if we could wait til next summer since they are not quite ready yet and she said it would probably mess up her gorgeous teeth - she JUST GOT HER BRACES OFF!! Poor kid.

Hey Lynn! I found the husband to your card that you had on your blog!
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Wanna Build a Memory: Lucky to be alive!
Sorry that Victoria is going to have to have wisdom teeth pulled. I had 3 of mine taken out when I was younger, but the 4th one was never a problem so the dentist left it in. I probably should have had it removed since it gave me crooked teeth. I talked to an orthodontist a few years ago on the advice of my dentist and was told that they couldn't do it because they would have to pull too many teeth. I really didn't understand that because I was missing a tooth at the time, and I think they could have put the braces on and moved all those teeth to fill in that spot. Oh well. Certainly am not going to deal with that now at my age.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:47 PM   #894
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hahaha You will be looking around on FB until about Sept/Oct for my new room! I have to get all of the kids stuff out after we finish painting woodwork, taking down wallpaper and painting, then moving everything up from the basement ....... I will enjoy having a window!

We have 22 more days until Katie arrives home...! She has a return ticket. I think she is set on returning, but she did apply for jobs here as well. She got a call from Scottsdale, Arizona for an interview, her text to me read, "Do I want to move to Scottsdale"....I replied to her that she was the one that applied there.... We'll see......

Maggie- Stephi is doing an internship using her Environmental Sciences and Chem degree to mathematically analyze soil and air..... I do not really have a clue- she did not explain it in English too well. She will be back in August- ~ the 20th for a few days before she returns to school for the fall semester.

Glad Casper is OUT! I wonder how long it will take him to feel back to himself- are the other cats interacting with him? When he got sick, you mentioned they could smell him or something like that......

It is raining here too- down pouring currently. Ray will be mowing the lawn again.

Kelly- that book sounds interesting!

I am still working hard to keep up and getting caught up on commenting with the computer being down for a few days. I just have a couple more things to reload before I am all set!

I am off to take a shower- we have a leak in the middle shower, so have the water off- Ray turned it on for a bit, so I have to take advantage of it!

We also had the AC go out in the van this week- $1600 later- life is good!

Shelly
That's nice that you will have a window in your room. I have 2 windows right next to each other, but I have up/down shades on them. They look out on the space between my house and the house next door, and I really don't want them looking in my windows when they walk by. I have the shades with the tops moved down so I get the light coming in from the top.

LOL! She applied for a job and now sure she wants to live there??? That's funny. I guess these days though you take a job where you can get one. If it's something that she's going to like doing, then I'd say go for it!

That's great that Stephi is using her knowledge/degree in her internship. How much longer does she have in school? My DGD finishes up in December; her DH finishes in the Spring and they both graduate in April 2015. Her DH is really doing well at his job (not sure what it is though). He did $40,000 in sales this last month or quarter and the bosses are very happy with him and want him to stay on there part time while he goes on for his MBA. The CEO was going to take him to lunch today. That will mean they will stay in Provo for a few more years yet.

Everyone seems to be doing just fine except someone lost their lunch today when they were sitting on my computer chair and all over the floor.

Have no idea who that was. Casper is back to his normal self and yes, Corey is back to normal with him also. When I did bring him first back from the vet, he had a vet smell, and Corey would hiss at him, but I think having him in the crate for a week, that smell wore off and so now they are getting along just fine.

Sorry about the A/C in the truck. I've been thinking that mine is starting to go out in my car - it's not bad, but seems in the afternoon that it's not cooling as well as it should be. I'm not going to do anything though until it actually goes out.

I've got to go work on some ATC swaps. I signed up with a group that I used to belong to - Pennywise Arts. They used to have a store, but have closed that, but still have the Yahoo Group and they do a monthly swap. This is the first time that I've signed up and so far I've received 4 from some ladies. Now I have to make one for each of them to send back. If ou get one, you have to send one back. If you don't get one, then you send to whoever you want and they will send one back to you. I'm making the same card only using different colors.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:53 PM   #895
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Time seems to escape me before I can check in here. You are the chattiest bunch (which is a good thing!! )

Mike's birthday was nice as was Father's Day. I had a health issue to deal with earlier this week, antibiotics seem to be doing the trick thankfully.

Kelly - thanks for explaining what your DH does. Sorry the court thing is turning into a hassle. Glad you are enjoying your time in the Cabana. I've been spending a lot of time in my room this week too. I have never had a company contact me after I've gotten a freebie suggesting I look around to make a purchase. Frankly that would turn me off from the company!

Maggie - Sounds like you've had a lot of good meals lately - the buffet with your GF, dinner at your DD's and out to lunch with your company. Congrats on 27 years, that is awesome!! I am celebrating 15 years with my company on the 29th.

Shelly - Woohoo for getting a new craft area. I can understand how much work it is to fix up a room. I've done it twice to the same room now. The first time is was fixing walls, flooring, windows and painting. This time around was just painting but a pain since I had to empty the room to do it.

Barb - Glad you were able to sell some stuff at the sale. I know you can't wait to get that order from stamp club! I'm still deciding on my order for my next quarter. Too many good things in the new catalog!!

Lynn - you sound like a busy bee!! I hope you get a little break from canning to craft soon.

Hi to Maxine, Darlene, Nancy and anyone I missed!
Kristie, sorry you had a health issue this week, but glad that you got the meds to get over it. Hope you are feeling better today.

LOL! Too much good food really! I had a sweet surprise today. One of the shareholders brought me 3 Crave cupcakes for being a nice person and being helpful to him. He also gave 3 to the receptionist as well as bringing a bunch for people at a meeting he was having today. My boss was having a mediation an the other SH asked us to switch a conference room so he would have a larger one for his meeting. We were only having a few people coming, so it was no problem to make the switch. He really appreciated that. Had a great free lunch today too for the mediation. I ordered grilled salmon salad - grilled salmon filet on a bed of greens and some orzo pasta.

Congrats on your 15 year anniversary coming up. Does your company or boss do anything for you on your anniversary?
Old 06-20-2014, 07:34 AM   #896
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

What is a Crave cupcake? Sounds like a yummy lunch, that's for sure!

Hi Kristi! Glad you are feeling better ~ and you were able to get crafty in spite of.
Good therapy!

Maggie with braces, imagine! Hope your meetings go well. What kind of lawyer do you work for? I'm sure you said, and I'm also sure I forgot, LOL! I had braces for 4.5 years as a teen, I don't think you could pay me to get back in them! 4 kids have gone through them (My son has them now, has had them since 8 due to reconstructive problems) My niece has to have her wisdom teeth out, too - she's 17 - and they have already displaced many of her teeth and causing severe migraines. Poor baby.

Waving hi to everyone - dashing through to head out to pay bills .... NOT FUN!

Old 06-20-2014, 02:25 PM   #898
Pearl-ExPert

I've never heard of a Crave cupcake either - but it's gotta be good to make you "crave" them!

Busy once again I'm afraid. Jim and I started re-tiling the bathroom floor. Oh, this is so not good in a old house. Of course there's not a square wall anywhere around. The good news is though that we haven't killed each other - yet........so guess all is going fine. We're about half way done but will have to shut it down for the day here in a little while. Tomorrow company is coming and then Sunday will be spend canning tomatoes! Never ending story!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #899
Quacker Stamper

Sorry guys. I thought maybe they were a chain of stores, but turns out they are locally owned. Too bad for you. They are the BEST cupcakes and not all that bad for you. The dark chocolate one I had was only 11 gr of fat. Here's their website.

https://www.cravecupcakes.com/about
Old 06-20-2014, 02:52 PM   #900
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
I've never heard of a Crave cupcake either - but it's gotta be good to make you "crave" them!

Busy once again I'm afraid. Jim and I started re-tiling the bathroom floor. Oh, this is so not good in a old house. Of course there's not a square wall anywhere around. The good news is though that we haven't killed each other - yet........so guess all is going fine. We're about half way done but will have to shut it down for the day here in a little while. Tomorrow company is coming and then Sunday will be spend canning tomatoes! Never ending story!!!!!!!!!!
Yikes! You guys just don't quit. Hope you get all your remodeling done. You remind me of another blogger friend - AnnMarie. She and her DH are always working on something on their house too.

I'm hoping for a quiet weekend of cleaning the house on Saturday and kids coming for dinner on Sunday. Trying to decide what to make that everyone will love including the Vegetarian.

Old 06-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #901
Quacker Stamper

Got a call from my yard man today. He said I didn't leave his check. Well, I did. He must have lifted up the wrong side of the door mat because I know that I put it out there this morning because when I opened the door, I scared one of the black kitties away. She had been eating right there. Then he proceeded to tell me that he broke the window in my door!!! Luckily, it didn't actually break. It's all shattered, but still all in one piece. It must be a double pane with dividers because the whole window is like that and not just one pane. I think he said he was going to come on Sunday to fix it. I just hope it gets done right.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:58 PM   #902
Mad Swapper

Oh Lynn - great to know you are still alive but what a busy life you lead!! Just remember, you grow the vegetables that need canning

Had an appt for DH the other day and his eye was measured for the lens replacement and the cataract removal will be in the next month...

Kelly I thought you were supposed to be taking life a bit slower now it is summer????

Thanks for the funnies Barb.

Kristie you are surely stamping up a storm these days - how do you find the time??

Maggie that is a heck of a long time with one firm - I hope they pay you a good superannuation when you retire!!

Shelly it sounds as though getting your 'cabana' sorted will be quite a job, but worth it I am sure!! - I love my studio/cabana

Darlene - glad to hear in your last post you are returning to somewhat more normal living - it's been a tough year for you !!

Jeanette we miss you - praying the trip is going well for you!

Nancy - are you still here - we have not heard much from you.

Waving at you all - better get off here are we have folk visiting shortly.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #903
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine........does this mean I can re-name my laundry/craft room the cabana!!!!!!!! LOL!

We'll be thinking about you next month with your husbands surgery.

Maggie, yikes on the guy breaking the door - but it does happen when mowing. I busted one of the windows on the house several years ago. I rock shot out from under the mower and did a great job on that window.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #904
Proud Fan Club Member

Dropping in to say hello- work for the week done : ) I am going to a family reunion tomorrow about 3 hours away, and will be packing in my sis and a few of her kids. It will be a long day, but I am really excited to be able to go. It is going to be 88 and 60% humidity according to my weather app.

Someone from my Mom's church is going to drive her up- 5 hours for them.....how wonderful! Hope Dad is OK all by himself!

We had a leak in the middle bathroom upstairs last week.... Moen will guarantee their parts for a lifetime, so Ray called to get a replacement, and they shipped out the wrong one- so, they replaced that part (again) and Ray put that in last night. It was interesting to see how hard it was to get the old part out. We had a slow dribble all week, so hope the water bill is not outrageous!

Next week, we need to work on painting Katies closet woodwork and getting her room ready for her. I have a strong feeling she, we'll see is leaning towards going back to China for one more year of work......

Stephi is liking her internship, and has met a coupe of other girls that run- one from U of Chicago that runs with a high school friend of Stephi's..... She is a picky vegetarian- and says the food is good...so that is fab!

Lynn- if the humor of you and Jim together is anything like your write up for your cards, I would love to be a mouse in the corner! The canning sounds yummy! We are just getting blooms on the tomato plants.

Maxine- hoping Hubby's vision improves alot with the surgery. You sure keep busy!

Eeks- on the broken window Maggie. And, congrats on your work anniversary. That is a long time at one job! Maggie- we make taco's for the vegetarians- they can add in all of the fixings except the meat. That is one meal everyone loves! I get black beans, guac and good salsa among other things.....

I saw Nancy is playing with a new toy- her Cameo! I have not had mine on for a couple of months, I need to try some of her fun ideas.

Gotta get to bed- waving hello to all!

Shelly
Old 06-21-2014, 04:58 AM   #905
Gabfest Goddess

Morning & happy Saturday to all of you!

Maggie, how awful about your yard man, the window & the check situation. I sure hope it all resolves in a satisfactory manner. Congratulations on the work anniversary, that is quite the accomplishment. This is my 29th anniversary at my job. Who knew it could be so long? LOL

Kristie, glad to hear that you're feeling better!

Lynn and Shelly, busy busy busy!!

And Kelly & Barb so busy too.

Maxine, how are you?? will keep hubby in my prayers for successful surgery when the time comes.

I am happy to say that my deck is now 2/3 re-stained, yay me! Hoping to finish it up today, but have a baby shower to go to first.

Off & running, will try to check back here later today/tonight if not too tired.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 06-21-2014, 05:09 AM   #906
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh Lynn - great to know you are still alive but what a busy life you lead!! Just remember, you grow the vegetables that need canning

Had an appt for DH the other day and his eye was measured for the lens replacement and the cataract removal will be in the next month...

Kelly I thought you were supposed to be taking life a bit slower now it is summer????

Thanks for the funnies Barb.

Kristie you are surely stamping up a storm these days - how do you find the time??

Maggie that is a heck of a long time with one firm - I hope they pay you a good superannuation when you retire!!

Shelly it sounds as though getting your 'cabana' sorted will be quite a job, but worth it I am sure!! - I love my studio/cabana

Darlene - glad to hear in your last post you are returning to somewhat more normal living - it's been a tough year for you !!

Jeanette we miss you - praying the trip is going well for you!

Nancy - are you still here - we have not heard much from you.

Waving at you all - better get off here are we have folk visiting shortly.
HOpe all goes well with your DH's eye surgery next month. Will that help with his sight? I know you can't do much with MD.

No, I won't get anything from the Firm when I retire. We have a 401(k) which I pay into and the firm does give us a profit sharing % every year so that's good, but not great.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:17 AM   #907
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Dropping in to say hello- work for the week done : ) I am going to a family reunion tomorrow about 3 hours away, and will be packing in my sis and a few of her kids. It will be a long day, but I am really excited to be able to go. It is going to be 88 and 60% humidity according to my weather app.

Someone from my Mom's church is going to drive her up- 5 hours for them.....how wonderful! Hope Dad is OK all by himself!

We had a leak in the middle bathroom upstairs last week.... Moen will guarantee their parts for a lifetime, so Ray called to get a replacement, and they shipped out the wrong one- so, they replaced that part (again) and Ray put that in last night. It was interesting to see how hard it was to get the old part out. We had a slow dribble all week, so hope the water bill is not outrageous!

Next week, we need to work on painting Katies closet woodwork and getting her room ready for her. I have a strong feeling she, we'll see is leaning towards going back to China for one more year of work......

Stephi is liking her internship, and has met a coupe of other girls that run- one from U of Chicago that runs with a high school friend of Stephi's..... She is a picky vegetarian- and says the food is good...so that is fab!

Lynn- if the humor of you and Jim together is anything like your write up for your cards, I would love to be a mouse in the corner! The canning sounds yummy! We are just getting blooms on the tomato plants.

Maxine- hoping Hubby's vision improves alot with the surgery. You sure keep busy!

Eeks- on the broken window Maggie. And, congrats on your work anniversary. That is a long time at one job! Maggie- we make taco's for the vegetarians- they can add in all of the fixings except the meat. That is one meal everyone loves! I get black beans, guac and good salsa among other things.....

I saw Nancy is playing with a new toy- her Cameo! I have not had mine on for a couple of months, I need to try some of her fun ideas.

Gotta get to bed- waving hello to all!

Shelly
Have a fun time at the reunion. That's a long drive.

Sorry about the leak, but glad that you didn't have a lot of damage to the house. I'm so glad that I finally got my house repiped so I don't worry about leaks anymore.

Glad Stephi is enjoying her internship. Katie still has some time to decide.

I'm leaning toward a pasta dish for tomorrow along with salad, fruit, bread and dessert. Have any of you tried Brownie Brittle? I've seen it at the grocery store, but I got mine at Costco. I'm going to have some chocolate and vanilla ice cream along with the Brownie Brittle for dessert.

Still haven't had time to play with my Cameo. I did get my 4 ATC's done last night, so they'll go in the mail on Monday.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:19 AM   #908
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Morning & happy Saturday to all of you!

Maggie, how awful about your yard man, the window & the check situation. I sure hope it all resolves in a satisfactory manner. Congratulations on the work anniversary, that is quite the accomplishment. This is my 29th anniversary at my job. Who knew it could be so long? LOL

Kristie, glad to hear that you're feeling better!

Lynn and Shelly, busy busy busy!!

And Kelly & Barb so busy too.

Maxine, how are you?? will keep hubby in my prayers for successful surgery when the time comes.

I am happy to say that my deck is now 2/3 re-stained, yay me! Hoping to finish it up today, but have a baby shower to go to first.

Off & running, will try to check back here later today/tonight if not too tired.
Thanks! Wow 29 years! I asked my boss the other day how much longer we were going to work. He said maybe til 75. His brother who is my doctor is 83 and still going strong. You would never know. I don't know what I'll do when he retires, but he says he never will. I don't know what my boss will do when (and if) he ever does. He really doesn't have any hobbies.

Yay for getting your deck done. Have fun at the baby shower.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:24 AM   #909
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, lots of chatter! Not much chance to take it slow with this litter of kids of mine, lol. Someone always needs to be somewhere!

We had unexpected company last night but I was in the Cabana for a little while this morning while everyone slept! It's so nice in there now that its' all rearranged and organized! I make sure to put everything away after EACH card or EACH swap and then wipe it all down with my fave Clorox wipes - the Orange ones! Love my citrus! I ♥ my Cabana!

Wow, 27 and 29 years is a long time - especially in today's job market! Congrats to both of you! My dd started her job right when she turned 19 and we were telling her if she stays with the school system, after she finishes her degree, she has an excellent chance of staying 'til retirement as they just DO NOT HIRE --- she was very blessed and God put her right where she was meant to be at exactly the right time!

Maggie, good luck on the window. I hope he fixes it up right.

Shell, is Steph the vegetarian or her friend? Me, too. Not vegan, though -- I couldnt' give up my dairy and seafood, though I do try to be sparse with that. I had a shock at my apt the other day which was a blood draw. My iron was SO LOW, they sent me for further testing. It's always been low - my pregnancies were a nightmare! But I got a lecture about eating red meat - Uh, NO! I do fine with kale and broccoli, etc but my dr said it wasn't enough and I was going to have to up the iron intake . And I take a daily vitamin, so I dunno .......

Maybe I need a Crave Cupcake, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay on the deck staining Darlene! Sounds like things are falling into place
and YAY on the canning, Lynn! You and Jeanette sound like you'd be great neighbors - her dh is always canning, too.

Maxine, hugs to you and your dh with his eye treatment -- I do hope that it goes smoothly and I'll be sending up prayers for ya!

Okay, hi to everyone and I know I'm missing schtuff But love to all!
Old 06-22-2014, 04:35 AM   #910
Gabfest Goddess

I did it, I did it! The deck is stained. Well, not the railing because some of it needs to be repaired or even replaced, it's not sturdy enough any more. But the floor is all stained a nice redwood color, that shows the wood grain. Should be dry enough to walk on by tomorrow.

Today, off to buy some herbs and flowers. I container garden on the deck and love my flowers & herbs! It's a big deck, approx 20 ft x 16 ft.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
barbaralynn, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:21 PM   #911
Mad Swapper

Yay Darlene - that sounds wonderful!
Old 06-22-2014, 02:03 PM   #912
Pearl-ExPert

Three BIG CHEERS Darlene!!!!!!!!!! What a job you tackled - but know it's beautiful!

Ok, update on the canning........17 jars of tomatoes processed this morning - and I'm tired!

Project Bathroom...........Still at a stand still until we can get that one part of it. I had to laugh at what you said, Shelly, about there had to be some humor in it................We were all sprawled out on the floor on Friday just busily getting the tile down and we both had to get up for something. We looked at each other and started laughing....who is going to help who get off this floor! LOL! Much easier getting down than getting up. I'm telling you......this is some kind of adventure. Friday afternoon we ran to town to pick up some molding. Threw it in the back of the truck and I know I told Jim about three times that maybe we should put it inside and just hang it out the window (due to the length). Nope! It WILL NOT blow out Lynn.....trust me! Got all the way home and guess who is missing molding! Yep, a true adventure! LOL
Old 06-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #913
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy Sunday Afternoon--watching the US-Portugal soccer game. I hope you had a great weekend!
Old 06-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #914
Mad Swapper

Oh Lynn - what an adventure - and I know what you mean about getting up off the floor!! So glad you can get a laugh out of it .
Old 06-22-2014, 05:53 PM   #915
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

OMG Lynn, ya'll sound like the Chevy Chase of home remodel, LOL!!

Hi Barb, Maxine! We watched the game, too - Holy Hanna, I thought USA had it in in the bag til that last minute goal! Still ... not a loss, and this has been an interesting World Cup! So unpredictable!

I went shopping today and picked up way more scrapbooking/stamping things than I should have, ha ha, but now I'm heading to the Cabana so put it all away and look for the card I did yesterday. I put it up to dry and now ............. yeah.

Hugs!
Old 06-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #916
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey ya'll! Don't forget our TAT Challenge!! We are SHAVING this month!

Next month, you can be as hairy as you want to be
Old 06-22-2014, 07:28 PM   #917
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Wow, lots of chatter! Not much chance to take it slow with this litter of kids of mine, lol. Someone always needs to be somewhere!

We had unexpected company last night but I was in the Cabana for a little while this morning while everyone slept! It's so nice in there now that its' all rearranged and organized! I make sure to put everything away after EACH card or EACH swap and then wipe it all down with my fave Clorox wipes - the Orange ones! Love my citrus! I ♥ my Cabana!

Wow, 27 and 29 years is a long time - especially in today's job market! Congrats to both of you! My dd started her job right when she turned 19 and we were telling her if she stays with the school system, after she finishes her degree, she has an excellent chance of staying 'til retirement as they just DO NOT HIRE --- she was very blessed and God put her right where she was meant to be at exactly the right time!

Maggie, good luck on the window. I hope he fixes it up right.

Shell, is Steph the vegetarian or her friend? Me, too. Not vegan, though -- I couldnt' give up my dairy and seafood, though I do try to be sparse with that. I had a shock at my apt the other day which was a blood draw. My iron was SO LOW, they sent me for further testing. It's always been low - my pregnancies were a nightmare! But I got a lecture about eating red meat - Uh, NO! I do fine with kale and broccoli, etc but my dr said it wasn't enough and I was going to have to up the iron intake . And I take a daily vitamin, so I dunno .......

Maybe I need a Crave Cupcake, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay on the deck staining Darlene! Sounds like things are falling into place
and YAY on the canning, Lynn! You and Jeanette sound like you'd be great neighbors - her dh is always canning, too.

Maxine, hugs to you and your dh with his eye treatment -- I do hope that it goes smoothly and I'll be sending up prayers for ya!

Okay, hi to everyone and I know I'm missing schtuff But love to all!
Glad you had some play time. I had a couple hours this afternoon and I got my image colored for Creative Knockouts. Now, just to put it together. Ugh! It's a masculine theme, and I hate doing masculine cards. I like mine all frilly with flowers and lace.

That's great about your DD and her job. I think teaching is one of those jobs you can keep as long as you're good at it. If I knew then what I know now, I would have gone to work for either and oil and gas company or the government.

We're really trying to go along with my DGD and her vegetarian diet. She eats eggs, but no seafood or meat of any kind. I've googled Vegetarian Meals and have come up with some really good ones. Tonight we had Spinach and Black Bean Pasta. They all loved it and DD had to have the recipe.
Well, you probably need more than a One a Day vitamin, you probably need some iron pills. I'm surprised your dr. didn't give you some of those.

I wouldn't mind another one of those Crave cupcakes either.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #918
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Happy Sunday Afternoon--watching the US-Portugal soccer game. I hope you had a great weekend!
I heard that they tied the game and that we are in a points tie with Germany.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:36 PM   #919
Quacker Stamper

I spent the day cleaning my house literally from top to bottom yesterday and then added laundry to that. Did about 6 loads, but they weren't all big loads. It was so nice to get the house all cleaned up. I even moved furniture. Did the bed linens and changed the ones on the bed. I finished up about 8 and my back was killing me. I did take out about 1/2 hour to talk to a GF who called me. She used to live here but moved to Arkansas a few years ago.

The kids came over for dinner tonight. I made Spinish with Black Bean Pasta. Turned out very yummy. They took most of the leftovers home. They did leave me enough for a meal tomorrow night along with the leftover salad.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #920
Mad Swapper

Hi - we have had a lovely winter day = frost followed by fine weather and slight breeze - got the washing dry outside and now have some ironing to do... .

Anybody having problems with blogger?? I can only get one blog on my feed today, no matter how often I refresh it