Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #841
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Maggie, how long do I leave the lids off those Copics? Don't want them to dry out completely!

LOL! Poor Paisley! Glad you finally found her!
Not long, just a minute or so.

Yes, me too. She's very happy to be back out here in the computer room and doesn't even care about Casper in the crate.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-11-2014, 06:43 PM   #842
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello sweet friends -- just a moment to stop in and update, though there's not much to update! But the good news is he isn't any worse which is a blessing - the antibiotics seem to be keeping the infection from spreading. The dr today just gave a bunch of "hmmmm" and so far, says to keep watching it and come back tomorrow - again ...
The next step will be a possible biopsy. Ooooof!

I hope everyone is well ~ I'm positively exhausted and THANKING THE LORD I did my DT work already for this week and they are pre-blogged. Oh I'd be in such trouble right now!

I'm off to shower and bed ......... I hope to see you all tomorrow but dh is home until next week, it looks ... best place to be!

Love you all x0x0
DT:  The Project Bin
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #843
Mad Swapper

Love and {{{{Hugs}}}} Kelly - so glad to hear that Hubby is no worse - will continue to pray for you all!
Old 06-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #844
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, I never checked back over here and left them off for about 30 minutes!!!!!!!!!!! Just forgot about them - so hope they're not completely dry now! LOL! I recapped them and will look in the morning. Don't want to even think about whether they're dry or not tonight!

Kelly, that's good that it's no worse anyway so hang in there on all this!!!!!!!!!!!! We're still sending prayers!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:12 PM   #845
Proud Fan Club Member

Jeanette- HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!!! We cannot wait to hear how all of your projects go and all about what you can tell us about the trip! I will keep you and your team in prayers!

Kelly- glad the antibiotics are holding the infection at this time- will be keeping you both in prayers! Hope there are no more asthma issues to deal with. DO allergies set off the asthma?

Maxine- hope everyone is staying well there with the cool damp weather too!

Oh Lynn- I did have that happen to me once- it blobbed out and wrecked my coloring- dark blue on top of it...... I never thought about the new markers needing to be 'depressurized' ever before...... I was wondering what would have caused that to happen.

Awww Maggie- what a good feline Mom you are- that is sooo much work for you! I hope that Casper improves quickly!

Kristi- hope you are felling better soon It is always so fun to get new papercrafting 'stuff'. I got a little carried away last month at Sweet Stamps and ordered lots of new dies and images....I feel overwhelmed when I do that, as I have all of this stuff to 'use'!

Off to bed- working tomorrow, gearing up for a busy weekend. Stephi is taking the GRE tomorrow AM and then packing to leave on Monday for her internship that 5 weeks flew by...I will miss her : (

Hugs to all
Shelly
Old 06-12-2014, 04:29 AM   #846
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, I never checked back over here and left them off for about 30 minutes!!!!!!!!!!! Just forgot about them - so hope they're not completely dry now! LOL! I recapped them and will look in the morning. Don't want to even think about whether they're dry or not tonight!

Kelly, that's good that it's no worse anyway so hang in there on all this!!!!!!!!!!!! We're still sending prayers!
I think they'll be okay.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:39 AM   #847
Quacker Stamper

Good morning!

Jeanette, hope you have a fabulous time!

Kelly, still sending up prayers for DH. Hope he recovers quickly.

Shelly, I know you've enjoyed having Stephi home with you, but on to the next adventure for her. Wish her luck with the internship.

Kristie - Hope you can get your blog working again without too much difficulty.

Maxine, hope that you are drying out by now.

Barb, thanks for keeping us up to date with Kelly,

Everything is well this morning with Casper although I had to take his litter box out and clean his crate. Ugh, a mess! But he ate really good this morning.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:01 AM   #848
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Today is the day - I leave in mere hours now. I'm super excited about going back to Thailand for this year's mission trip. I'll be coming home the end of June, but not sure how quickly I'll wake up (jet lag really zaps me on the return, but fortunately doesn't bother me much while I'm gone). So, you may not see me again until next month.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #849
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jeanette, safe travels to you!

Good morning, all -- finally getting back into the system of things! Dh is not getting any worse, PTL -- he will recover slow, that's just par for the course, but recover he will for which I'm so very grateful! He is giving me too many grey hairs, that man!

Shel, yes for my dd - her allergies trigger her asthma attacks. It's a double whammy!

Maggie, so glad to hear Casper is doing better, his picture was adorable. He lives up to his name with that solid white color!

Maxine, how is your dh?

Lynn, another DT! I don't know how you do it! My last post for Whimsy was today - it's bittersweet. It was an easy job and the owner is an absolute sweetheart! OTOH, it's nice to have a bit of a relaxing summer - especially with the school year we have coming up! Oh my word. IT's going to be a WHOPPER!!!! New school for my son, very hands on I plan to be, and my dd's Senior year ......... yikes!

Sending hugs to all!

mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #850
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, it wasn't me that was getting on another DT.......no idea who you were thinking of. I'm doing good to handle the ones I'm on! LOL! You're REALLY going to be busy next year with another one graduating! Such fun

Shelly, sorry Steph is having to leave so soon but know you enjoyed the visit. Your card today was GORGEOUS!!

Guess Jeanette is on her way now!

Maggie, good news on Casper!

Hope everyone has a great up-coming weekend.......and a happy Father's Day to all the guys out there too.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:56 PM   #851
Insane Embellisher

Okay, I think I am all caught up on the last few pages.

Kelly, I'm so glad your DH will recover from the infection.

Maggie, glad to hear that Casper is doing well and that Paisley was found.

Jeanette - Safe travels!

Shelly - Congrats on the Tuesday Throwdown DT! I am good friends with Kimberly on Team B

Waving hi to everyone else! I think my blog troubles are over. DH didn't even have to do anything...very strange! I was able to draft a post this morning with no troubles and reply to comments on my blog easily. I made two cards last night and posted them to SCS to enter them in challenges, but will try to post one on the blog soon to see if it still works.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:31 PM   #852
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Jeanette is OFF to Thailand! What a fab opportunity for her!

Kelly- glad your hubby is better- are you catching up on sleep- hopefully?

Kristi- glad the blog is working well again- my post today did not post the 2nd half- after Inklinkz.....I had to cut, copied sand re-pasted it three times before it showed up....... Very strange!

Maggie- good news to hear about Casper. Is he feeling better???

I worked today- and am now off for 4 days : ) We have 3 grad partied on Sat beginning at 4PM, then will head out to my sis' house- for her hubbies 60th B-day party. They have a band coming at 7PM. My nephew & his wife who live in Tx will be here, and looking forward to seeing them.

Does anyone have any Fathers Day plans???

Shelly
Old 06-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #853
Mad Swapper

It's not Fathers Day here until September so no, no plans Shelly. Sounds as though you are going to have a busy weekend - that should help fill the Steph-shaped hole!

And thank you Shelly, and Kelly, DH is chugging along quite well at the moment...

Kelly, so glad to hear the DH is holding his own!! I will keep praying.

Oh Jeanette - I guess you will still be in the air as I type this - how exciting - praying that all will go well for the trip.

Kristie, ironically I had no real problems with your blog, other than the comments being a bit slow to load at times...

Maggie I am always amazed at the lengths you got to for all of your purry furries - we have the one and that is enough - he is so bossy!

Lynn I hope your copics recover

Waving at Darlene

Barb - no funny this morning

Have a great weekend - we are almost there now, being Friday afternoon Looking good from here too, as today and tomorrow are sunny, and Sunday and Monday are just cloudy - bliss after the dull and wet weather we have just had.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:00 AM   #854
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wait, what? LOL! Didn't you and Shelly just get on Tuesday Throwdown or something? I thought I just read that you were ........ or maybe Shel is joining you, LOL!

Quote:

Kelly, it wasn't me that was getting on another DT.......no idea who you were thinking of. I'm doing good to handle the ones I'm on! LOL! You're REALLY going to be busy next year with another one graduating! Such fun
Happy Friday the 13th all ! And it's a Full Moon!! I heard on the radio this next to never happens and it won't happen again (13th on a Full moon) until like 2049 .... something like that. Apparently it's rare!

Dh is on the mend for sure, PTL -- and back to work today. Of course, it's a FULL MOON!! He had emergency after emergency and his patients are on overdrive or something. Poor man!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:02 AM   #855
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh ...... and it's ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIFA World Cup, baby!!!

We are a house divided! Me = Team Germany and dh = Team Spain, where he was born and raised.

This is going to be a FUN MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are huge fans ..... wait 4 years for this big event so you'll hear a lot of hootin' and hollerin' .... depending on how it goes, lol!!

Old 06-13-2014, 07:13 AM   #856
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Wait, what? LOL! Didn't you and Shelly just get on Tuesday Throwdown or something? I thought I just read that you were ........ or maybe Shel is joining you, LOL!

Happy Friday the 13th all ! And it's a Full Moon!! I heard on the radio this next to never happens and it won't happen again (13th on a Full moon) until like 2049 .... something like that. Apparently it's rare!

Dh is on the mend for sure, PTL -- and back to work today. Of course, it's a FULL MOON!! He had emergency after emergency and his patients are on overdrive or something. Poor man!
Oh my Lord! A full moon! That explains a lot.

Glad to hear that your DH is so much better and back to work.

Just thought I'd let you know Kelly, your Pink Slippers are missing you!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:19 AM   #857
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Didn't have time last night to get on here. Had to be at a GF's house at 6:30 to help her get started on her family history work. Didn't know they were doing road construction out by her house, so I couldn't go the easy way and had to make a long detour. I was there until 8:30 and then got home almost 9 PM. By then I was tired. Checked FB since I can't do it here at work and then off to bed.

We had a trying morning this morning with getting Casper's crate all cleaned up. He does not do well at night. Maybe because it's dark and he can't see where his litter box is. I guess I'm going to have to leave a night light on out there. Took me 1/2 hour this morning to get it all cleaned out, fresh litter, a piddle pad down, give him his oral meds and then his wet food and capsule meds. He sure does eat up that wet food in the morning and he got another xtra helping from one of the other cats that didn't finish theirs. Had to put his plush mat in the wash so he just got a small mat this morning to lay on. Can't wait until next Tuesday!

Going over to DD's Sunday night for Father's Day dinner. I guess she'll be doing the cooking instead of him. I don't do Father's Day cards for anyone unless I have to do one for a DT. None this year. His birthday was just last week, so he got a birthday card from me. (not home made though).
Old 06-13-2014, 04:38 PM   #858
Insane Embellisher

Wow, Shelly, you are going to be super busy!! Enjoy all the partying!!

Maggie, I hope you have an easier time caring for Casper over the weekend.

Kelly, enjoy the soccer games and I'm glad your DH is well enough to work. He sounds like a busy doctor (guessing that's what he is??)

Waving hi to Darlene, Barb, Maxine and Lynn!

Mike's birthday is tomorrow and I need to make him a card tonight. He only wants to go out to dinner tomorrow, not sure what we'll do during the day. He's not big into celebrating like I like to lol...I may not like my age but I like to go do something special and have cake (must.have.cake!). We'll go visit my stepdad for a little bit on Sunday. We don't usually do anything special. I do need to make him a card too.
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #859
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Hello Ladies--I have been absent from SCS the past two days as I have been helping with a rummage sale that I have some items on. It has been great weather to sit outside and I think I have done OK. I sold a few stamping items--though not as many so far as in the past couple of years. But--the advertising was not so good this year and I think that might have affected the number of people. It is a block rummage sale and every year there are fewer houses that participate. Oh well--but I am still making some money and getting rid of some items!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #860
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post

Kelly, enjoy the soccer games and I'm glad your DH is well enough to work. He sounds like a busy doctor (guessing that's what he is??)

Mike's birthday is tomorrow and I need to make him a card tonight. He only wants to go out to dinner tomorrow, not sure what we'll do during the day. He's not big into celebrating like I like to lol...I may not like my age but I like to go do something special and have cake (must.have.cake!). We'll go visit my stepdad for a little bit on Sunday. We don't usually do anything special. I do need to make him a card too.
Things were better this morning. I put a night light on last night, so I think that was a help so he could actually see his litter box and where he had to be to stay in it. Only 3 more days of this!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #861
Quacker Stamper

I was out early this morning to take my car for an oil change. Needless to say, they suggested that they service the Fuel Injector, so I went ahead and had them do that too since I was there. Since I'm at the dealer, I figure if they suggest it get done, then it probably does need it.

AFter I left there I went by Lowe's and guess what! I bought a few more plants. Also bought 3 more fly catchers. The ones I put up last week are already getting full. It's amazing. You wouldn't think there were that many flies in the world let alone in my back yard.

Went over to Michael's in the same center. I was looking for some Stickles, but didn't want the colors that they had. They are really going all out for their own Recollections brand. I did get a couple embossing folders on sale. I also love their $1.50 spot. I picked up some flowers and some adhesive trim from there.

Went by HEB before heading home. Now I've got a few home chores to do and then need to work on some cards.

Dinner later with my GF.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #862
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh I am sure you will get a card made! Be sure to blog it, too - we want to see!

Yes, dh is a DR ........ a psychologist. He's so good at what he does!! I mean, he has a gift, truly. But honestly, if people tell you there is a correlation between psychiatric activity and a full moon, I am convinced there is!! I would see it first hand, too - and my nursing friends say yep, there is.

I hope everyone has wonderful Father's Day plans, except Maxine - but you are welcome to party anyway and just say you are in sync with your American friends, LOL!! I used to go crazy looking for a card for my grandmother who was in London - they celebrate Mother's day in March and the USA didn't sell MOther's Day cards that early - 25-30 years ago! I'd have to buy it the year before and save it for those 10 months to make sure I had one in March! It's easy to forget the holidays of other countries don't match ours

Looks like rain ........ off to the Cabana!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post

Old 06-14-2014, 12:51 PM   #863
Mad Swapper

Oh yes, Kelly, full moon and when I worked in a Psych hospital you could expect "action" - also with the wind!! School teachers also observe it.....

Good to hear that that Casper is getting so much better Maggie, and that night light helped.

Better run, it's Sunday morning here and I need to get off this and sorted for breakfast and church.

Waving to you all - TTYL
Old 06-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #864
Pearl-ExPert

Nothing exciting going on around here but just checking in to let you know I'm still here.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:32 AM   #865
Quacker Stamper

Just 2 more days! I can do it.

Things weren't too bad, but it was kind of topsy turvy this morning so had to take everything out of the crate and clean it out, fix up the litter box and give Casper a new, clean towel to lay on.

Had a great time last night with my GF. We went to a place called Clementiine's. They have a buffet on Saturday nights with great choices - baked salmon, grilled tilapia, different kinds of chicken, lasagna, eggplant parmesan, scalloped potatoes, green beans, different salads, and wonderful desserts! We were there for quite some time, leisurely eating and catching up. My poor GF is going through a lot of family drama right now and needed to talk to someone about it. I wish I had some words of wisdom for her, but it's not something that anyone else can help with. She lives with a very contentious DD and she really needs to be away from her and wants to be, but she is helping her with the mortgage payment and other bills so she doesn't feel that she can leave her yet. The DD did get a promotion in her job and a raise, but it's not enough for her to handle the mortgage on her own.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:00 AM   #866
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy SON-day to all and Happy Father's Day to all the dads/husbands/etc out there

Maggie, that's tough for your DD and I'm sure you are a great sense of strength for her. Sometimes just knowing someone is there, listening, is strength enough.

Maxine, no kidding! How is your dh?

Mine is out at the range with his brother and little man today ....... gives me a chance to catch up on stuff around here!

Old 06-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #868
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Happy SON-day to all and Happy Father's Day to all the dads/husbands/etc out there

Maggie, that's tough for your DD and I'm sure you are a great sense of strength for her. Sometimes just knowing someone is there, listening, is strength enough.

Maxine, no kidding! How is your dh?

Mine is out at the range with his brother and little man today ....... gives me a chance to catch up on stuff around here!
No, it wasn't my DD that was having issues, it was my GF that I had dinner with last night. She and one of her DD's bought a house. My GF signed for it since her DD wasn't making enough money to get it on her own. Now she acts like it's just her house and doesn't want her mom living there. She's causing all kinds of issues with her other 2 sisters.

Went over to DD's house tonight for dinner. She cooked since it was Father's Day and made baked tilapia, stuff shells, salad, pineapple, and for dessert she had mint brownies with chocolate chip mint ice cream on top.

Got an e-mail today that I won one of the prizes in the Glitter N Sparkle challenge. I'm getting 2 images from All Dressed Up. I need to go check out their store and pick out what I want.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #869
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Congrats on your win, Maggie! That's nice that they emailed you! I won a prize package a few months ago and it was such a run around to try to get the challenge blog people to respond - they never did :*( Finally I went straight to the company and emailed them all the things that the prize challenge said and she was livid!! She was so sweet to work with me :*) Then the funny thing is the coupon code didn't work and they charged my CC, lol, so that was another set of issues to work out - in the end, it was fun to receive the bounty in the mail but wowza, a true work out that was!

Sorry I misunderstood who was who (whom was whom?) in the house but glad you are such a good friend And yum on the dinner!

How was Father's Day for everyone? Did you all celebrate? Dh LOVED his card (the shaker box) and put it right in his home office - the kids thought that was sweet ♥

Okay, I have a question! Maybe our DOTW?? .......... I won't mention the company, but I scooped up the freebie digi that they have to offer. We've all done that, that's what it's there for. Then about a few hours later I got an email from the owner saying thank you for taking the freebie but did you know there are lots of others that you can purchase, too? I would appreciate if you could take a moment to stop by the store and look around and maybe even the ones you have in your cart, you might want to buy! I wasn't sure what to make of that! I've never been emailed before ever! Much less telling me that there are ones I can buy - LOL! I did see the store, that's a given I feel for the owner, I do - I imagine sales are hard in this day and age and I would love to buy from everyone. But I can't. At least not right this moment and it just made me super self conscious now!! What do you all think? Is that a bit odd? Or common and it's just the first time I'm seeing this??
Old 06-15-2014, 08:10 PM   #870
Quacker Stamper

Thanks Kelly. I've had issues before with getting winnings. It's nice when they let you know. I hope that they are good about getting the images to me.

As to the DOTW. I've never had a company ask me to buy from them after I've gotten a freebie from them. Most times I do buy one or two just because I like them, but I don't always. I understand that's probably why they give out freebies to get people to their store to buy, but it's not required.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #871
Mad Swapper

Hmm - Kelly I have never had that happen - did you have any in your cart? surely freebies are just that, and way to get shop traffic, but to be that pushy to receive an email later would actually put me off!

We had a lovely Sunday as after church we were invited out for lunch and had a lovely afternoon.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:15 AM   #872
Gabfest Goddess

Hello Hello!!!

I'm BA-AAACK! Been rough, been sick, been too swamped, etc etc. But I feel more like myself now, feel like I'm getting some control over my time and my life FINALLY.

I've missed you and each of you that have sent me cards the past months, well, they are all up, displayed around the house. I smile every time I look at one of them. Thank you!!

I'm sure that I'm pages & pages behind here, but it looks like Maggie has her hands full nursing little Casper. I don't know what's wrong but sure hope it gets resolved soon. Poor baby!

Maxine, sounds like you've had awful weather, hope that everything else is going fine down under.

Kristie, sounds like you are triumphing over some technical gremlins. Yay!

Shelly, you will sure miss Stephie. It's a strange combination, pride in their milestones yet sorry to see them go... Hugs!

Jeanette is in Thailand by now, praying she has a safe and fun time.

Barb, keep at the yard sale & auction work. Bet you'll be glad when it's over!

Lynn: sorry to hear of problems with your Copics. I am having issues with some of my Spectrum Noir markers. I think I'll write the company and see what they have to say. I'm pretty disappointed that's for sure.

Kelly, sounds like DH was pretty sick, missed what happened, but glad to hear that he's doing better. Enjoy your quiet(er) summer. Next year sounds fun, but like a whirlwind.

Waving to Nancy! How are you doing?

Later today I'll drop by all of your blogs and see what you've been up to while I was away. Right now I need to hit the shower before work. Bye for now...

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 06-16-2014, 06:14 AM   #873
Quacker Stamper

Today may be the last full day that Casper is in his crate. I'm thinking that I want to let him out after he gets his meds tomorrow morning. Then again, I have to take him to the vet for his shot for his ear mites, so I may call them today to see if I can bring him in first thing tomorrow morning and get that taken care of and then take him home before I go to work. If that works out, then that's what I'll do. If it doesn't then I'll let him out and we'll deal with his ear mites later.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #875
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday AM! Stephi is packing and will head to Michigan today. What a mess! She will be staying in a cabin for the internship, so a little more rustic- but she is looking forward to it.

It is amazing how much picking up you have to do with just one more person in the house....... Not a complaint, just an observation.

Now we will be getting the house ready for when the twins arrive in 3 weeks. Katie has sent me a list of all of the doc appts she wants me to make for her...... Better get on that!

I have joined one more challenge as GDT for the summer, and Sweet Stamps has lengthened our DT term...... so now I may have taken on a bit much for the summertime....we'll see! I am a very slow stamper! I am still getting the rooms together after the painting (still ongoing) and all. I have decided to take off the wall paper in Chris' old room and paint and it will be my new 'Cabana' : )

Waving hello to all- will stop by later.

No, I have never heard from a stamp company to buy something when I have rec's a freebie.....jeepers! I have to say, I have not heard back from a recent win- I replied the day after and it has been 11 days- I sent another e-mail today.....Oh well......maybe someone is on vacation or something.... I do not want to beg..

Have a great day

Shelly
Old 06-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #876
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry I've just been popping in here for a sec like I've been. Super busy with all this blankety blankety canning! LOL! Just got through doing 10 more jars of dill pickles - up to 19 now. Green beans are a little sparse but have canned a few.......and now all the lovely tomatoes. The frig is full as are three window sills as they need to ripen a bit more. Just so much to do with all this. I'll be canning tomatoes for about 2 or 3 more weeks I guess. I'm almost ready to pull up every plant out there! LOL! It's HOT! Anyway..............I think I have two recent orders of neat stuff sitting on my craft table and haven't even had a chance to play with any of it yet! So sad. I'm scheduling cards that I've made previous but am itching to get back in the laundry room.

Kelly, I've never heard of or had that happen to me before about the free image, etc. I can see a company doing that though because there are so many digi companies out there it just makes your head swim now. I'm sure she's trying to drum up business but don't think I'd go about it like that if it was me. She'll probably hit on a lot of ladies that way though and make them feel a little guilty for just taking the freebie. If the images are good I'd probably get some more to begin with but wouldn't want to be pressured into buying just because I grabbed the free one.

As far as winnings go.........mercy! I know exactly what you're talking about and maybe that's why I don't even bother entering a whole bunch of challenges. I finally just totally gave up on one and said to heck with it! It was a win on several digi images and I wasn't just overly impressed with them anyway. I know.....bad me!

Maggie, sounds like Casper is getting better and that's good.

Darlene, glad you're doing ok and things are finally getting in some order for you. It's been a long road for you I know.

Shelly, does this mean that Katie is coming back from overseas for good or for a visit or what! Know you're going to be glad to see her! And another guest spot.....wow! You're going to really have a busy, busy summer.

Barb, glad the rummage sale went ok. Those are always fun to go to but I just really hate having them. LOL!

Waving hi to Maxine, Kristie, and Nancy!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #877
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey girls!! Been a LONG day here -- spent almost 4 hours waiting at court on that accident that wasnt' even mine to get delayed and post poning - ugh. Try to do a good thing and this is what I get, LOL! They are both contesting and I'm not really sure what I'm doing there other than swearing to tell the truth and nothin' but the truth ...

Now dinner is super delayed and I'm throwing in some simple skirt steaks w/ onions, rice and beans and mac/cheese and hopefully dd made ice tea for mama!

THanks for the feedback on the digi! I feel for the companies, I do. I know there are so many and competition is tough and they are just trying to make a sale and all that ... it just seemed a little bizarre! I actually try to buy something if I can and really want it but I have to really need the image or plan to use it again ~ but I don't always. Sometimes you just can't. I did leave something in my cart in that case as I was hoping to find the image in rubber rather than digi and guess I forgot but it just seemed a little odd to me, IMO!

I"ll stop in later! Hugs, all!

Old 06-17-2014, 05:48 AM   #878
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--I hope your Tuesday is going to be Terrific!

I am heading to Coffee, Cards and Biscotti this morning at my demo's house and I also get to find out the totals for my hostess club this month--YAY! Then a few errands--order a new pair of glasses, pick up the boxes of left over rummage sale items, a stop to pay a dentist bill and maybe a stop at Joann's. This will all be done dodging the rain drops as it is to rain all week. We had some storms roll through over night and got an inch and a half of rain.

I also opened up a new swap this morning--Back to School! Stop by to check it out!
Old 06-17-2014, 07:15 AM   #879
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

GM, everyone!

Oh the rain that is coming down!! It's awful! Torrential rains -- nice to be indoors! It stayed away long enough for me to get dd to camp - whew!

Barb! I don't want to go back to school!!!!!!!!! What are you doing, girl! LOL!!!!
I ♥ Summer!

Old 06-17-2014, 12:11 PM   #880
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello Hello!!!

I'm BA-AAACK! Been rough, been sick, been too swamped, etc etc. But I feel more like myself now, feel like I'm getting some control over my time and my life FINALLY.

I've missed you and each of you that have sent me cards the past months, well, they are all up, displayed around the house. I smile every time I look at one of them. Thank you!!

I'm sure that I'm pages & pages behind here, but it looks like Maggie has her hands full nursing little Casper. I don't know what's wrong but sure hope it gets resolved soon. Poor baby!

Maxine, sounds like you've had awful weather, hope that everything else is going fine down under.

Kristie, sounds like you are triumphing over some technical gremlins. Yay!

Shelly, you will sure miss Stephie. It's a strange combination, pride in their milestones yet sorry to see them go... Hugs!

Jeanette is in Thailand by now, praying she has a safe and fun time.

Barb, keep at the yard sale & auction work. Bet you'll be glad when it's over!

Lynn: sorry to hear of problems with your Copics. I am having issues with some of my Spectrum Noir markers. I think I'll write the company and see what they have to say. I'm pretty disappointed that's for sure.

Kelly, sounds like DH was pretty sick, missed what happened, but glad to hear that he's doing better. Enjoy your quiet(er) summer. Next year sounds fun, but like a whirlwind.

Waving to Nancy! How are you doing?

Later today I'll drop by all of your blogs and see what you've been up to while I was away. Right now I need to hit the shower before work. Bye for now...
Hi, Darlene. Glad to see you and hope that life will get easier as the days and weeks press on.

Casper had pancreatitis. They don't know why cats get it, but it's 2 weeks of antibiotics. He finally had his last dose this morning so after he ate his wet food, I sprung him from the crate jail. At first he wasn't sure he was getting out and walked back in and curled up in the corner. I had to drag him back out and put him a little way off from the door of the crate and then he realized that he was OUT! I thought he'd run off and hide, but he just walked around the house sniffing at everything again.