Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #801
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
I just tried making the rounds to the blogs... you are all so creative!

I was unable to comment on Kristie's blog, though... the comment button wasn't working for me. Is anyone else having that problem?
I meant to mention that about Kristie's blog the last time I was there last week. I wasn't able to get the "comment" button to work either.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #802
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Maggie, thanks for letting me know. I kept thinking I was doing something wrong. I tried refreshing. I tried closing out and reopening. Nothing seemed to work.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 06-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #803
Mad Swapper

I found Krisite's [page very sow to load yesterday, had to try twice, and then very slow to load the comment, but it did work - I just toddled off to something else and came back to it!
Old 06-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #804
Pearl-ExPert

Hey! I'm back! Had a nice weekend with my son and his family. Very tiring, but nice. It's amazing how much energy a 3 year old can have! LOL!!

I haven't had any problems with Kristie's blog. I subscribe by e-mail and it comes up pretty quick.

Love the TAT challenge and will have to see if and what kind of re-inkers I have. I know I don't have much. We'll see I guess.

Starting making pickles this morning....so far only 10 jars but they'll need picking again in a couple of days. Also, the tomatoes and green beans have hit. Going to be super busy around here - but it keeps me out of trouble (somewhat)!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:34 PM   #805
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

I was able to post a comment on Kristie's blog--but it did take a bit longer for the comment to load.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #806

Okay, I tried.... again. I opened Kristie's blog........... nothing. Left it open, went to VBS at church. Came back nearly an hour later and I still can't get the comment link to work.

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:31 PM   #807
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Hey! I'm back! Had a nice weekend with my son and his family. Very tiring, but nice. It's amazing how much energy a 3 year old can have! LOL!!

I haven't had any problems with Kristie's blog. I subscribe by e-mail and it comes up pretty quick.

Love the TAT challenge and will have to see if and what kind of re-inkers I have. I know I don't have much. We'll see I guess.

Starting making pickles this morning....so far only 10 jars but they'll need picking again in a couple of days. Also, the tomatoes and green beans have hit. Going to be super busy around here - but it keeps me out of trouble (somewhat)!
I'll try subscribing and see if that will let me post a comment. I still can't get the comment button to work.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #808
Gabfest Goddess

Hi all, are you still talking to me? LOL Would not blame you for being put off, my absence is ridiculous. Heck, my life is a bit ridiculous at the moment.

Ever the optimist, I keep telling myself that it's going to get better. I do insist that it will, a girl's gotta keep the faith, right?!

Wishing you all a great week.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #809
Pearl-ExPert

Waving hi Darlene. Life WILL get better! Hang in there.

Oops! Just tried again to comment on Kristie's blog.....doesn't work now.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #810
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hello to all! I spent the day yesterday getting my new computer up and running. Ray got the hard drive out of the old one, and we copied and pasted the pictures and all of the zillions of files, loaded the e-mail, got Word loaded, Paintshop Pro, etc....... The old computer was not connecting to charge, it would randomly turn off -internally- the connection to the internet, and various other problems.

Thanks for all of your patience- I have not been able to visit blogs as much with all of this- should be back on the road though! I am starting on a new team tomorrow- the Tuesday Throwdown DT : ) It is one I have always admired and posting is every other week- and I learned Lyn is also on the team : ) Yahoo!

Darlene-life will get better dear- have faith! One thing I like about my job-especially when I have lots of pain- is that I talk to other people (who are having surgery) who have it worse than I do......makes me count my blessings : )

Lynn- glad you enjoyed the visit with your son and family. ANd, mmmmm I love pickles!

Barb- I was shocked by Season two- episode 1- what! Zoe....! we are watching episode 2 tonight, so you are just a tad ahead of us. And Whoa- that is a long bike ride! But sounds awesome- so cool. My hubby likes to ride his bike- he only goes to work ~ well, less than 5 miles from home.

Kelly- VBS- I remember thos days! How fun is that. DO you teach?

Jeanette- your departure date is getting closer and closer! Bet you are getting really excited : ) My co-worked with family in Thailand says the coop is not affecting everyday life at all- their relatives live in the big city (Bangkok), but they have other friends from up North as well.

Maxine- what a pain to have crank calls! Glad they were able to trace the calls! Hope hubby's health improves quickly as much as can be improved.

Maggie- hope Casper is comfortable and that his health improves quickly!

Waving hello to all! Off to hop sme more!

Shelly

Old 06-10-2014, 04:31 AM   #811

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Darlene! It's soooooooo good to see you! We miss you when you aren't here but totally understand. Hang in there. Life IS going to get better!

Lynn, I'm sorry... I must have jinxed you with Kristie's blog.

Shelly, YAY for your new computer - and WOO HOO for the new DT position!!! Thanks, I am getting excited. I leave in TWO days ---------------- EEK! Guess I better get those suitcases packed.

Maggie, how are things going in kitty-land?

Waving at all the other Addicts.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-10-2014, 05:48 AM   #813
SCS RAK Coordinator

Shelly--we too were shocked by Zoe being killed on House of Cards. We watched two episodes last night--I think 5 and 6. Nothing shocking--but interesting twists!
Old 06-10-2014, 06:26 AM   #814

Hi Barb!

GOOD NEWS! I was able to comment on Kristie's blog today! YAY!!!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #815
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Waving hi Darlene. Life WILL get better! Hang in there.

Oops! Just tried again to comment on Kristie's blog.....doesn't work now.
I subscribed to her blog by e-mail. That did the trick. When I get a notice that she has a new post, it takes me right to the comment block so I don't have to click on that comment button.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #816
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hi all, are you still talking to me? LOL Would not blame you for being put off, my absence is ridiculous. Heck, my life is a bit ridiculous at the moment.

Ever the optimist, I keep telling myself that it's going to get better. I do insist that it will, a girl's gotta keep the faith, right?!

Wishing you all a great week.
Yes, things will get better Darlene. We're still here and of course we're still talking to you. Stuff happens.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #817
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Mmmmm. . . I'm so jealous of your garden all all those yummy fresh veggies. Are you making Dill Pickles or Bread & Butter ones? 10 jars is a lot of pickles!
Old 06-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #818
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello to all! I spent the day yesterday getting my new computer up and running. Ray got the hard drive out of the old one, and we copied and pasted the pictures and all of the zillions of files, loaded the e-mail, got Word loaded, Paintshop Pro, etc....... The old computer was not connecting to charge, it would randomly turn off -internally- the connection to the internet, and various other problems.

Thanks for all of your patience- I have not been able to visit blogs as much with all of this- should be back on the road though! I am starting on a new team tomorrow- the Tuesday Throwdown DT : ) It is one I have always admired and posting is every other week- and I learned Lyn is also on the team : ) Yahoo!

Darlene-life will get better dear- have faith! One thing I like about my job-especially when I have lots of pain- is that I talk to other people (who are having surgery) who have it worse than I do......makes me count my blessings : )

Lynn- glad you enjoyed the visit with your son and family. ANd, mmmmm I love pickles!

Barb- I was shocked by Season two- episode 1- what! Zoe....! we are watching episode 2 tonight, so you are just a tad ahead of us. And Whoa- that is a long bike ride! But sounds awesome- so cool. My hubby likes to ride his bike- he only goes to work ~ well, less than 5 miles from home.

Kelly- VBS- I remember thos days! How fun is that. DO you teach?

Jeanette- your departure date is getting closer and closer! Bet you are getting really excited : ) My co-worked with family in Thailand says the coop is not affecting everyday life at all- their relatives live in the big city (Bangkok), but they have other friends from up North as well.

Maxine- what a pain to have crank calls! Glad they were able to trace the calls! Hope hubby's health improves quickly as much as can be improved.

Maggie- hope Casper is comfortable and that his health improves quickly!

Waving hello to all! Off to hop sme more!

Shelly

Glad that you were able to get your new computer up and running Sorry about that old one, but it's great that you were able to transfer stuff from that hard drive to the new one.

Congrats on the new DT! I like to play in their challenges sometimes. The ones I belong to only post every other week also. That's the only way I would do now. Every week is just too much unless you just have that one DT.

Casper is comfortable, just not happy to be crated up. I changed out his letter box this morning and that's where he was laying when I left for work. Hope he doesn't do that after he uses it or he's going to be a mess! He only has room for his littler box, his food/water and his snuggle pad folded in half for him to lay on. He's a big cat and I had to put the bigger litter box in there for him so he didn't get it all over the crate.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #819
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Darlene! It's soooooooo good to see you! We miss you when you aren't here but totally understand. Hang in there. Life IS going to get better!

Lynn, I'm sorry... I must have jinxed you with Kristie's blog.

Shelly, YAY for your new computer - and WOO HOO for the new DT position!!! Thanks, I am getting excited. I leave in TWO days ---------------- EEK! Guess I better get those suitcases packed.

Maggie, how are things going in kitty-land?

Waving at all the other Addicts.
wow! Two days! That really came up fast - at least it seems so to me. I hope you have a fantabulous time over there and make the most of it since it will be your last trip to Thailand.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:40 PM   #820

Thank you, Maggie!

I'm glad to hear the report on Casper!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-10-2014, 04:52 PM   #821
Mad Swapper

Great to see you pop in Darlene - yes, life has to get better!!

Oh Darlene - safe travels and may you enjoy every moment of your trip.

Glad to hear Casper is home and doing well - you are such a great moggie Mummy Maggie.

Lynn it 's good to know your computer problems are behind you and you are back online with no problems

Thanks for you comments Shelly - I am finally feeling somewhat less apprehensive about answering the phone... it was a nasty few days.

Waving from a very wet and windy 'down under'
Old 06-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #822
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh ladies, I just popped online to ask for your prayers!

My dh landed in the ER last night with what we fear might be another staph infection (like the one we had a few years ago that ended up in VERY critical condition. Barb and Jeanette may remember that horrific life event -- we sat around the clock with him and they even called in a Priest, thinking he would not pull through

We pray we caught it early this time and he's on super antibiotics - we are watching him around the clock to see if he 1. spikes a fever 2. gets any worse in any way, shape or form 3. if the rash that appeared starts to spread - so far, he's doing okay for the 12 hours we've been home.

I'm a mess, to say the least.

Kids are doing VBS which is a blessed distraction and dd17 has theater camp - who called me in the midst of getting dh settled at home to say she had an asthma attack then lost the connection. Oh. My. Word. As I drove like mad to go get her to get her tx started, an ambulance pushed me out of the way and went right into the same center
and I just started screaming in the car, thinking it was for her. It wasn't, PTL, but I'm pretty sure I lost like 5 years off my life.

Needless to say, dh is settled, sleeping, drugged up and I'm going to try to get the kids fed/settled/and if i'm lucky, a couple hours of sleep ........

But I do ask for your prayers, humbly, as I just CANNOT go through this again, and know that the power of prayer warriors is a might, wonderful thing.

Thanks, girls (((( Hugs ))))
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 06-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #823
Mad Swapper

Oh Kelly {{{{{Hugs}}}}}, and PRAYERS heading your way.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #824
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, take a deep breath!! All will be ok. Sending prayers and nothing but positive thoughts!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #825
SCS RAK Coordinator

Prayers and hugs and more of both heading to Kelly and Tony!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #826

((((hugs)))) and Prayers, Kelly!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-11-2014, 04:57 AM   #827

Oh! I'm hoping hoping HOPING to see Smoochy today!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-11-2014, 06:09 AM   #828
SCS RAK Coordinator

Since Jeanette will be leaving on her mission trip soon, I wanted to be sure she got all slobbered with kisses to keep her safe (and smiling) during her two week hiatus. Travel Safe My Friend!

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:12 AM   #829

Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU... you've made my day, Barb!!!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:13 AM   #830

I just tried commenting on Kristie's blog again this morning. Today it wouldn't let me, it DID let me yesterday. But today's problem is different than before. It let me click the comment button and type my comment... but it refused to load. After about 10 minutes it came up with an "error" message. UGH!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-11-2014, 06:19 AM   #831
SCS RAK Coordinator

Ladies--I have been texting with Kelly this morning and there is nothing new to report on Tony. He is no better today, but not worse. She wanted me to tell everyone she appreciates their positive thoughts and prayers. Please keep them heading to Florida!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #832
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the update Barb. I was just getting ready to PM Kelly!

Jeanette, I know you're going to be leaving shortly. Have a great trip!

Has anyone tried to PM Kristie and let her know about the commenting problems on her blog?
Old 06-11-2014, 12:15 PM   #833
Pearl-ExPert

Copic question.............This afternoon I tried using two different Copic markers and they both did the same exact thing..........was coloring along and all of a sudden the ink just surged out and overflowed to about the size of a dime. I had barely touched the paper and neither one had ever been refilled (don't even have those refills). Any idea on this????
Old 06-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #834
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Oh ladies, I just popped online to ask for your prayers!

My dh landed in the ER last night with what we fear might be another staph infection (like the one we had a few years ago that ended up in VERY critical condition. Barb and Jeanette may remember that horrific life event -- we sat around the clock with him and they even called in a Priest, thinking he would not pull through

We pray we caught it early this time and he's on super antibiotics - we are watching him around the clock to see if he 1. spikes a fever 2. gets any worse in any way, shape or form 3. if the rash that appeared starts to spread - so far, he's doing okay for the 12 hours we've been home.

I'm a mess, to say the least.

Kids are doing VBS which is a blessed distraction and dd17 has theater camp - who called me in the midst of getting dh settled at home to say she had an asthma attack then lost the connection. Oh. My. Word. As I drove like mad to go get her to get her tx started, an ambulance pushed me out of the way and went right into the same center
and I just started screaming in the car, thinking it was for her. It wasn't, PTL, but I'm pretty sure I lost like 5 years off my life.

Needless to say, dh is settled, sleeping, drugged up and I'm going to try to get the kids fed/settled/and if i'm lucky, a couple hours of sleep ........

But I do ask for your prayers, humbly, as I just CANNOT go through this again, and know that the power of prayer warriors is a might, wonderful thing.

Thanks, girls (((( Hugs ))))
Oh, Kelly, what a time you have had. Sending up prayers for DH that he will get well quickly without any issues. I'm sure you must have been frantic when you saw that ambulance heading in the same direction you were to get your DD.

You are a very strong person and I'm sure you'll get through anything that you have to, but still praying you won't need to.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #835
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Copic question.............This afternoon I tried using two different Copic markers and they both did the same exact thing..........was coloring along and all of a sudden the ink just surged out and overflowed to about the size of a dime. I had barely touched the paper and neither one had ever been refilled (don't even have those refills). Any idea on this????
Have you used those particular markers before? If not, they could just be airbound from the trip from Japan to the US. Every so often that happens to me and you just need to take the ends off each side to let the pressure equalize. This happens frequently if you travel with your markers. I know it doesn't help with the ruined project, but it will for the next time you use that marker. I know it's done that to me a couple times when I've been "dotting" with one of my markers.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #836
Quacker Stamper

I think I have things pretty much under control at home at least for now. Casper is getting his meds every morning. He's not happy with squirting those antibiotics in his mouth, but it's easy while he's crated. I'm putting his probiotics and appetite enhancer in his little bit of wet food. This morning I had to sit with him and encourage him to finish eating it which he ate most of it, so I was happy with that. Only have to continue this until next Tuesday! We'll all be happy.

Today was the day that Corey needed to get his ears done. Wasn't sure what to do about him. When I got up this morning and went to the bathroom, I had Maggie Mae and Corey follow me in there, so I had the brilliant idea to get him trapped in the bathroom with me. I went and got the tube of meds and went back and sat on the commode and they both came in after me and then Maggie Mae left, so I quick closed the door with Corey inside. I had the lid off the tube and grabbed him with my left hand and squirted in his ears with the right hand. Worked like a charm. He wasn't happen and hissed at me, but I was able to get it done.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:22 PM   #837
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks so much Maggie! I'll try that right now.

Glad everything is working out ok with the kittens!
Old 06-11-2014, 01:22 PM   #838
Quacker Stamper

I was getting a little concerned about Paisley since I hadn't seen her all day yesterday and still no sign of her this morning when I was putting the wet food out for everyone. I started hearing a cat meowing and went to see who was having a problem. The noise was coming from my stamp room. I opened the door and there was Paisley!!!!!! She must have gone in there Monday night when I was working on a card, so she had been locked in there all day yesterday and all night. She sure was hungry! But luckily, she hadn't gotten into anything in my room which is amazing. She loves to eat ribbon and all kinds of nasty things that aren't good for her.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #839
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, how long do I leave the lids off those Copics? Don't want them to dry out completely!

LOL! Poor Paisley! Glad you finally found her!
Old 06-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #840
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies,
I'm way behind in checking in here...sorry about that.

My blog is all out of sorts lately. It started last week and has gotten worse since. DH is trying to fix it. He needs to contact the blog host and worse comes to worse, he is going to back it up and rebuild it.

I was home Monday and Tuesday. Wasn't feeling well, not super sick but I had zero energy and it was a struggle just to get out of bed. I snapped out of it yesterday afternoon thankfully.

I need to hand off the computer to DH and I'm going to try and busy myself in my craft room for a bit. I got my SU order today plus my SU share that I participated in, so many pretty things to play with!

Kelly - praying for your husband. I saw an email last night from the group about him but haven't looked for a follow up yet. Hugs to you all. I hope your DD is okay too. Asthma attacks are scary.