Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #761
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Luck Lady!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Maxine, I've heard of vinegar - and glad he didn't have a reaction to the wasp sting. Ouchie!! My daughter was bitten by some huge wasp when we were vacationing in the Bahamas and they gave her lemon - she swears it worked to draw out the sting and pain. Me, I'd just rather not try it out at all - LOL!

I'm off for Operation Cabana Clean Up! I've had absolutely ENOUGH of that disaster and won't stop until it's done. I'm about to head in -- if you don't hear from me by next week, call my husband! LOL! Seriously, I'm tired of getting up and seeing gems stuck to my behind, buttons embedded to my shoes and washi tape on my craft chair! I have the broom, garbage bags, boxes and the mop and I'm off! Wish me luck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #762
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Barb!

::eace out! :::::

DT:  The Project Bin
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #763
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Ohhhhhhhhh I love Disney!! Cute tag Barb!

Congrats to Maxine!! Well deserved! And Shelly on her wins! (and we can't forget Jeanette, on her pregnancy!)

Maggie, glad to hear the kitties are on the mend and being so well watched -- you're the best!

Shelly, you're such a good mommy! Baby steps!

And I know some of you have seen the news, and I'm super excited to announce, finally, my new little spot!

You can read it here - woot!
*Sandcastle Stamper* : Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps ~ I'm a Guest Designer!
Oh, congrats Kelly! That's fabulous news. Love the color combo you used for your first card.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 06-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #764
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Yep, its before 10PM and I am stopping in to say hello : )

Maggie- I know Pancreatitis is awful in people- alot of nausea and digestive issues and pain as well. Hope the kitty does well! How awesome the vet is so helpful- what a blessing!

Maxine- AWESOME NEWS- CONGRATS!!! I look forward to seeing what you create for them! I know you have been wanting to do DT work- so , doubly excited! And, ouch on the wasp! What does vinegar do? That is a new one to me!

Kelly- you as well- Prickly Pear has some beautiful images- and I have to say- my favorite is the ferris wheel.... but I have a few- they used to be TJ sponsors. Mary- one of the owners- is from either MI or Wisc, but she comes to a local store 1-2 times a year and has cardmaking sessions and gives a discount on stamps and dies. CONGRATS to you! Yeah!

Thanks for the heads up on the wins : ) How fun! Yikes- the one is for a card I made in April!

I will work on blog hopping today- Ray got the main computer to take a charge- so I am forwarding images I need to get cards made with a a ATC swap document for one that I am hosting NOW.......Swap hostesses- is there a time where everyone is on time and not sending work late??? This is only my 2nd one and I have 2 late this time around.

Waving hi to everyone else!

Have a great day!
Shelly
Yes, you're right, Shelly, Pancreatitis is awful in humans. I have a good friend who was diagnosed with it some months ago. It took them a long time and a lot of expensive tests to finally come to that conclusion. She has to carefully watch her diet or she suffers.

Congrsts on your wins Shelly! Fabulous! Some of those challenges last for a month so you don't get a notification of a win until the following month.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:29 PM   #765
Pearl-ExPert

Congrats on the wins AND the DT's for several! Great!!!!

Quick check in here as we're at half time on the Spurs game! Go Spurs Go (sorry Kelly!!!) LOL!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:18 PM   #766
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Congrats on your win, Lynn!! What a game! Holy Hanna what was up with that air? Everyone is buzzing about what an important game this was and the a/c being out (we're used to be in the heat - and The Heat - rofl!) That was intense - happy for you! (It's okay, no need to be sorry, I don't watch tv, much less sports and I know ya'll love your Spurs!) Woot woot! The streets must be cah-razy!

Well, Operation Cabana CU was a SUCCESS!!!! I'm DONE! It looks super!! I worked my behind off in there! Girls got out of school TODAY so I put them to work after they got home from their pool parties ~ cleaning out their boxes that were stored out there. Everything is spotless, in it's place, weeded through, they tossed out 90% of their things boxed up (funny, out of sight out of mind REALLY works! They saw it 6 months later and said "why did I want to keep this?") Now I want to be out there crafting, crafting!

Girls have to be back at VBS training again tomorrow so I'm hitting the bed while I'm still able to stand upright

Hugs!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:39 PM   #767
Mad Swapper

Wahoo Kelly - can you come by and do mine now, please, pretty please Trouble is that all that is out there is mine..... can't palm it off onto anyone else. And great news on the GDT for Prickly Pear!

Looks as though the DT is going to be fun - three cards a month, and lots of fun chat in the DT forums - program set well in advance so there is no pressure.

Maggie I do hope Casper is better soon - poor puss.

Jeanette how is the pregnancy going - hope you are keeping well

Lynn - good to hear 'your' team won - DH is into Rugby, and follows cricket, but not as avidly as he once did - still likes to yell at the referee when watching rugby though

Shelly I hope Steph is doing well - sounds like a nasty knock . Concrete is so unforgiving .

Hi and waving to Barb, Nancy, Darlene and anybody else.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:00 AM   #768
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:47 AM   #769
SCS RAK Coordinator

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #770
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh boy, what an afternoon - I can barely stand up right!! I'm used to cleaning but last night, I got injured somehow and nearly cried getting into bed -- dh had to give me something for the pain. I was moving something that I wasn't supposed to move (I'm stubborn that way! Instead of waiting, I just DO IT, then REGRET it, lol!) and I felt a *POP* ... ouchie. Standing up right is super painful. Today I am in such agony -- still had to get the kids from here and there today with all their running around before VBS.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this week coming up - VBS is my favorite week of Summer!

Maxine, I'm so thrilled for you! Your cards are GORGEOUS -- always such a unique spin on your cards!

Ladies, if I may ............ I don't want to step on any toes, but may I suggest the theme for June's TAT? I was looking at the Forum a few days ago and something caught my eye ............. I know Darlene can't be here as often as she'd like, but I really love the idea of a monthly TAT and wanted to suggest one ....... eek, LMK and I'll post what it is! Maybe we can aim for a July 1st deadline since Jeanette will be traveling - it's SUPER EASY, I promise!!

And that's it from this gabby corner of the country!!
Old 06-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #771
Pearl-ExPert

Sounds good Kelly! What is LMK though! LOL! Sorry, I don't know what all the short cut initials stand for. Some I can figure out and some not. I know, I'm old! LOL!

Sorry about your back - get some rest!!! Yes, the Spurs won and Jim is very happy. It really was a good game but have no idea how they (including the spectators) could stand the heat! Mercy me!!!!!!!!! The news said while ago that they had some type of electrical malfunction that caused the AC to go out. I can't image image playing a game like basketball when it was so hot like that. At 7:30 last night we were still sitting on 91 degrees so I'm sure it was hot in that stadium all closed in.

I may not get over here until Sunday again. My son and crew will be coming in this weekend so I get good "Mimi" hugs!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #772
SCS RAK Coordinator

LMK--is "let me know"

But--I do not know what TAT means...................................
Old 06-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #773
Mad Swapper

Sounds good to me Kelly - and look after that back of yours!!

DH is fine after the sting, thanks - the vinegar is supposed to neutralise the sting... don't know how effective that is, but I use it anyway, along with the antihistamine .

Enjoy your Mimi time, Lynn

We have a bit 'going on' over here, including prank, abusive, phone calls at night - your prayers for a rapid resolution would be appreciated - we are unplugging the phones at night now .

Barb and Jeanette - thanks for the Friday funnies - it's Saturday morning here and some of the church men have been this morning and given us a hand with some yard work - wonderful start to the weekend!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #774
Pearl-ExPert

Barb, TAT means Try a Technique ................. I AM right on that ladies????
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:22 PM   #775

Tee Hee! You ladies make me smile! Can't wait to hear what Kelly has in mind for our next TAT (Time to ....... Tinkle? oh, No! That's not it! Oh, I know.............. Take A Timeout. No! Not that either. hmmmmmmmmmmmm... Taste A Tempting Treat - no that would be TATT!)

Oh well, I guess someone will LMK.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-06-2014, 09:26 PM   #776
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi again : )

Had a busy day with work, Physical Therapy (OUCH) and then a cookout when I arrived home. Hubby invited a colleague from China over for dinner.... I say co-worker hehehe We had steak..he ate his entire piece, sweet potatoes that Ray sliced and put on the grill, grilled mushrooms, corn on the cob, green salad and strawberry shortcake.

You know me and techniques- and I love a challenge : ) I say- sounds like fun!

No plans after work tomorrow- will plan to get around to blogs- finally!!! Summer is starting out with a bang!

Hugs to all
Shelly
Old 06-07-2014, 05:42 AM   #777
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Congrats on your win, Lynn!! What a game! Holy Hanna what was up with that air? Everyone is buzzing about what an important game this was and the a/c being out (we're used to be in the heat - and The Heat - rofl!) That was intense - happy for you! (It's okay, no need to be sorry, I don't watch tv, much less sports and I know ya'll love your Spurs!) Woot woot! The streets must be cah-razy!

Well, Operation Cabana CU was a SUCCESS!!!! I'm DONE! It looks super!! I worked my behind off in there! Girls got out of school TODAY so I put them to work after they got home from their pool. parties ~ cleaning out their boxes that were stored out there. Everything is spotless, in it's place, weeded through, they tossed out 90% of their things boxed up (funny, out of sight out of mind REALLY works! They saw it 6 months later and said "why did I want to keep this?") Now I want to be out there crafting, crafting!

Girls have to be back at VBS training again tomorrow so I'm hitting the bed while I'm still able to stand upright

Hugs!
Holy Hanna is right! It would take me a month of Sundays to get my stamp room organized! LOL! Here lately, I'm thinking along the same lines as your girls - what was I thinking when I bought that, and yet I can't make myself toss anything away.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:44 AM   #778
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Wahoo Kelly - can you come by and do mine now, please, pretty please Trouble is that all that is out there is mine..... can't palm it off onto anyone else. And great news on the GDT for Prickly Pear!

Looks as though the DT is going to be fun - three cards a month, and lots of fun chat in the DT forums - program set well in advance so there is no pressure.

Maggie I do hope Casper is better soon - poor puss.

Jeanette how is the pregnancy going - hope you are keeping well

Lynn - good to hear 'your' team won - DH is into Rugby, and follows cricket, but not as avidly as he once did - still likes to yell at the referee when watching rugby though

Shelly I hope Steph is doing well - sounds like a nasty knock . Concrete is so unforgiving .

Hi and waving to Barb, Nancy, Darlene and anybody else.
Glad that you're with a fun DT Maxine. Looking forward to seeing what you create with them.

I pick Casper up on Monday, but he'll still need to have meds for another week. I just hope that I can deal with him in his crate.

Shelly, did Stephi take part in the run today? How's she doing?
Old 06-07-2014, 05:47 AM   #779
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh boy, what an afternoon - I can barely stand up right!! I'm used to cleaning but last night, I got injured somehow and nearly cried getting into bed -- dh had to give me something for the pain. I was moving something that I wasn't supposed to move (I'm stubborn that way! Instead of waiting, I just DO IT, then REGRET it, lol!) and I felt a *POP* ... ouchie. Standing up right is super painful. Today I am in such agony -- still had to get the kids from here and there today with all their running around before VBS.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this week coming up - VBS is my favorite week of Summer!

Maxine, I'm so thrilled for you! Your cards are GORGEOUS -- always such a unique spin on your cards!

Ladies, if I may ............ I don't want to step on any toes, but may I suggest the theme for June's TAT? I was looking at the Forum a few days ago and something caught my eye ............. I know Darlene can't be here as often as she'd like, but I really love the idea of a monthly TAT and wanted to suggest one ....... eek, LMK and I'll post what it is! Maybe we can aim for a July 1st deadline since Jeanette will be traveling - it's SUPER EASY, I promise!!

And that's it from this gabby corner of the country!!
Sorry that you've been injured. I hope that some Ibuprofen will help. Maybe icing it down or soaking in a warm tub of Epsom Salts. I've heard that's really good for muscle injuries.

Depending on what the TAT is, I'll take part. I have 2 ATC swaps that I have to work on this month.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:49 AM   #780
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Sounds good Kelly! What is LMK though! LOL! Sorry, I don't know what all the short cut initials stand for. Some I can figure out and some not. I know, I'm old! LOL!

Sorry about your back - get some rest!!! Yes, the Spurs won and Jim is very happy. It really was a good game but have no idea how they (including the spectators) could stand the heat! Mercy me!!!!!!!!! The news said while ago that they had some type of electrical malfunction that caused the AC to go out. I can't image image playing a game like basketball when it was so hot like that. At 7:30 last night we were still sitting on 91 degrees so I'm sure it was hot in that stadium all closed in.

I may not get over here until Sunday again. My son and crew will be coming in this weekend so I get good "Mimi" hugs!
I can't deal with even being in my house when it's hot like that. I'd never be able to actually function in that heat.

Have a great time with the family.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:52 AM   #781

Oh dear, Kelly - I missed seeing your post about your injury until now. (((GENTLE HUGS)))... hope the meds are helping!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-07-2014, 05:52 AM   #782
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Sounds good to me Kelly - and look after that back of yours!!

DH is fine after the sting, thanks - the vinegar is supposed to neutralise the sting... don't know how effective that is, but I use it anyway, along with the antihistamine .

Enjoy your Mimi time, Lynn

We have a bit 'going on' over here, including prank, abusive, phone calls at night - your prayers for a rapid resolution would be appreciated - we are unplugging the phones at night now .

Barb and Jeanette - thanks for the Friday funnies - it's Saturday morning here and some of the church men have been this morning and given us a hand with some yard work - wonderful start to the weekend!
Glad to hear that Dh is doing okay with the sting. Are you able to take the stinger out?

Oh, that's terrible about the phone calls. I guess you don't have caller ID where you can see what number is calling you? Can the phone company help at all with tracing the calls?

It's so nice to have church folk around that will come help out with the yard. I didn't always appreciate help because I'm of the sort that thinks I can do it all on my own, but there came a day when that was just not the case anymore and now I'm glad to have anyone come give me a hand when needed.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:53 AM   #783
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Had a busy day with work, Physical Therapy (OUCH) and then a cookout when I arrived home. Hubby invited a colleague from China over for dinner.... I say co-worker hehehe We had steak..he ate his entire piece, sweet potatoes that Ray sliced and put on the grill, grilled mushrooms, corn on the cob, green salad and strawberry shortcake.

You know me and techniques- and I love a challenge : ) I say- sounds like fun!

No plans after work tomorrow- will plan to get around to blogs- finally!!! Summer is starting out with a bang!

Hugs to all
Shelly
Sounds like a yummy dinner.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #784
Mad Swapper

Waving to you all and wishing you a wonderful day what ever you are doing

My brain has gone on strike - I can't remember how to add a list of my design teamies onto my sidebar.... can somebody please message me with some instructions - pretty please .

I will be getting hold of the investigative branch of my telco on Monday [they only work office hours ] to sort/trace the calls - in the meantime the phones are unplugged at night .

We have skipped church this morning and I am about to head out to the studio for the bulk of the day
Old 06-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #785
SCS RAK Coordinator

How to edit your signature:

Splitcoaststampers - Help
Old 06-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #786
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello Ladies--we just got home a bit ago as today was the Trek 100 bike ride. Roomie rode the 100k-62 miles and I worked at one of the rest stops. We left the house by 6:00, so it was a long, but great day. Temps in the high 70's and a bit of a breeze. Not sure what the plans are tonight--maybe some friends who also rode might come over.

Tomorrow we are going to tackle the mulch pile that is in the driveway and I am crossing my fingers it is gone by the evening.................
Old 06-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #787
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI girls! BUSY day here, just sitting down for a spell as dh is on his way home with dinner so I did not have to cook - isnt' he sweet! (Like I was even home TO cook! LOL!)

Shelly! How is dd doing ? Did she end up racing today? Oh I hope she is taking it easy and giving mommy a break from worry

Maxine, I think you go to the 'design' section of blogger - add text/pictures ... something like that. It's in the template section ... but I'd have to look at it while it's in front of me

More rain here but we had a clear morning! Started out bright and early taking ds to Home Depot for that monthly craft thing they do -- he made a wooden lawn mower car w/ nails and wood and paint, etc. Very cute and I'm loving that they do this for the community. Then to a birthday party across town. Then dd19 wanted to go dress shopping and after a few stores, found "THE ONE" she plans to wear so I got off easy! She does NOT like to shop. And we wander forever, tiring me out!

Dd17 just got dropped off at a pool party get together so I'm finally home to get a book review done.

I had to do a double take at Maxine's mention of church and panicked at what day it was! How quickly I forget that you are ahead of us

Barb - roomie did 62 miles in one day? Have mercy! That's quite an accomplishment, but I know she is a regular so probably not as shocking for her, eh?

Hugs, all!
Old 06-07-2014, 05:12 PM   #788
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Heart

OH! I ALMOST FORGOT!!!!!!

Ladies, we have a new TAT -- (try a Technique!)

Since it's relatively a simple one, and it's June, we'll aim for try to get your card done if you want to play along (optional) by June 30th!

This month, we're shaving!

That's right, ladies, get out your shaving cream! Or borrow from your dh, kids, friends, etc! LOL!

Here is the video that's easy peasy to follow:Splitcoaststampers - Shaving Cream Technique Tutorial by Beate Johns

Be sure to post here in the thread when you make your shaving cream card!
Enjoy!!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #789
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Fun one Kelly- I may have to go buy shaving creme though : )

I worked the last couple of days- creating tomorrow- LOTS to do!!!

Hubby set up my computer e-mail tonight, I just need to add Paintshop Pro and the printer and I am good to go! SO, I am just getting on to say hello- guess I will get to blogs tomorrow night...... one of these days : )

Stephi did the race today, but decided to stop at the 5K mark- good. She was 1st in the 5K- she was not impressed with her time at all...... (Oh brother )

While hubby set up the computer, we watched a TV show. It is on Netflix, called House of Cards. It is about politics- a little bit of racey topics- shows some bedroom scenes- but the writing is good and it is fast paced..... I like it.

Going to bed- waving hi to everyone!
Shelly
Old 06-08-2014, 06:59 AM   #790
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

YAY, glad you like the challenge, Shel - yes, buy the shaving cream! Any leftovers, you can tackle the neighbors lawn Hee hee!

I wish I had time for tv! I do love my cooking shows, am an AVID cook, alas, no time!

Glad you got some crafting in!

Hugs to all!
Old 06-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #791
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Waving to you all and wishing you a wonderful day what ever you are doing

My brain has gone on strike - I can't remember how to add a list of my design teamies onto my sidebar.... can somebody please message me with some instructions - pretty please .

I will be getting hold of the investigative branch of my telco on Monday [they only work office hours ] to sort/trace the calls - in the meantime the phones are unplugged at night .

We have skipped church this morning and I am about to head out to the studio for the bulk of the day
Adding a list is a little more involved. You go to Design on your blog, then layout, then Add a Gadget. Then choose Link List. You'll have to go to each blog you want to add nd put the link to each blog on the list. When you get them all added, then save the list. You do have choices in the way you want it to look.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #792
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

OH! I ALMOST FORGOT!!!!!!

Ladies, we have a new TAT -- (try a Technique!)

Since it's relatively a simple one, and it's June, we'll aim for try to get your card done if you want to play along (optional) by June 30th!

This month, we're shaving!

That's right, ladies, get out your shaving cream! Or borrow from your dh, kids, friends, etc! LOL!

Here is the video that's easy peasy to follow:Splitcoaststampers - Shaving Cream Technique Tutorial by Beate Johns

Be sure to post here in the thread when you make your shaving cream card!
Enjoy!!
I remember doing this technique shortly after I started stamping with SU so it's been awhile.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:11 PM   #793
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Fun one Kelly- I may have to go buy shaving creme though : )

I worked the last couple of days- creating tomorrow- LOTS to do!!!

Hubby set up my computer e-mail tonight, I just need to add Paintshop Pro and the printer and I am good to go! SO, I am just getting on to say hello- guess I will get to blogs tomorrow night...... one of these days : )

Stephi did the race today, but decided to stop at the 5K mark- good. She was 1st in the 5K- she was not impressed with her time at all...... (Oh brother )

While hubby set up the computer, we watched a TV show. It is on Netflix, called House of Cards. It is about politics- a little bit of racey topics- shows some bedroom scenes- but the writing is good and it is fast paced..... I like it.

Going to bed- waving hi to everyone!
Shelly
Glad that Stephi didn't push herself too much to finish the 10k. That's fabulous that she finished 1st for the 5K. Her time must have been good if she was 2t.

I've heard of House of Cards but haven't watched it. I just ordered Netflix 2 months ago and have yet to sit in the living room to watch anything. I guess I thought we could watch it when the kids come over.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #794
Mad Swapper

Waving Happy Monday to you all from behind wet windows - we are starting four days (at least) of rain - at least the temperature has come up a bit

Thanks Maggie - I remember doing it for another team I was on and it did take a while, but blogger has changed so much since then I wasn't quite sure where to go

Shelly it was great to know that Stephi did not push herself too hard, despite her disappointment with the outcome of the race - I would be happy just to get to the 5K mark!! .

Kelly I have done the shaving creme technique way back in my very early days of card making - I was threatening to teach the class, but put it off as I have to buy the shaving creme - this is a great prompt to try it again and also teach it .

Got hold of our Telco this morning and the calls were traced, and a warning is to be issued - if they repeat the performance, then they will be blocked from ringing our number. Not a pleasant experience as the call was really abusive . I was not allowed to know the number at all..... possibly just as well as DH would have just about blown a phoo phoo valve at them, he was that angry . Doesn't help that I have to take all the calls as he is so deaf.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:12 AM   #795
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

Maxine, glad that you were able to report the abusive phone calls and that they phone company was able to trace the number. Hope that puts an end to it.

Back to work and then picking up Casper on the way home. I decided to stop at PetsMart on my way home and buy a new crate. I have one that I borrowed from a friend, but it's old and kind of rusty and hard to put up and take down. I'd finally like to have one of my own to use and get this one back to my GF.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:23 AM   #796

Maxine, I'm so glad they were able to trace the caller... now he needs to obey the warning!

Kelly, fun TAT - I did that technique, too.......... years ago............ in a class. I don't remember how we did it, but remember using the shaving cream. Alas, not sure I'll have time to do this before the end of the month, though, as I'm going to be gone most of what's left of June. We'll see.

Maggie, you're so helpful!

You, too, Barb!

I think it's fabulous the way people help one another!

Shelly, I'm glad Stephi took it a bit easy! I hope she's continuing to recover nicely.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-09-2014, 04:55 AM   #797

I just tried making the rounds to the blogs... you are all so creative!

I was unable to comment on Kristie's blog, though... the comment button wasn't working for me. Is anyone else having that problem?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-09-2014, 06:31 AM   #798
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

VBS Starts today! I love this week!!!!!!!!!!! ♥

YAY for those who are going to SHAVE this month! Remember, it does not have to be done by the date, that's a general guideline You can do it, girls! Yes, by all means, teach the class! I did it with my kids yesterday (no card, just 'trying') and we had a blast!!! Messy but fun (totally my style, lol!)

x0
Old 06-09-2014, 06:48 AM   #800
SCS RAK Coordinator

Kelly--yes, Rebecca did 62 miles on Saturday. Some bikers do the 100 mile too--and there is also a 32 and a 16. We have done the 32 on the tandem a few times, but she'd rather do the longer one on her road bike. She does train for it by riding her bike to work a couple of times a week--that is about 60 round trip. However, with the Trek being so early in June, the weather in the spring does not cooperate often.

Shelly--we love House of Cards. We are on episode 4 or 5 of the second season.

I cannot wait to try the shaving cream--I too did it many years ago, but it will be fun to do it again!