Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-28-2014, 05:14 AM   #41
Die Cut Diva

Happy birthday Kelly!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-28-2014, 05:40 AM   #42
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
I am in the same boat - if nothing else DH needs me so he can eat!!

Lovely to see you all here and chatting up a storm

It's a very good Friday morning here, sunny and warming up again - it was the pastor who called around yesterday afternoon....

Shelly so glad you can't share your bugs via the internet - but then again, we have both had the 'flu shots already this year.

Talking of 'flu, the rather nasty F1N1 strain is already in the country and there have been at least 8 people hospitalised in one area alone, and last I heard one of them was in an induced coma - not good!

Take care y'all do y'hear!!
As it turns out I would have LOVED to have you all come crash out dinner last night. My chicken turned out great and they all enjoyed it. There were only 4 of us which was a little disappointing since 2 of the ladies who were there last month and agreed to this forgot and weren't there. I called one of them and she had completely forgotten and we couldn't get in touch with the other one. Tell me when you have a repeating event every month, do you put it on your calendar so that you remember! How do you just forget the 4th Thursday of every month??? Anyway, we managed to have a nice time in spite of the lack of attendance. I'm really glad that I made the chicken though. We did have salad and potato salad and ice cream for dessert. She had Fat Free Fudge so of course I had to have just a little bit of that - barely 1/2 cup, so that was all good with my NS diet.

Got home and worked on my image a little more. Almost have it finished. Now I need to find some dp that will look great with it and then finish it up. I did go to bed a little early. My eyes were still bothering me some. I used my heating pad though and put it on my neck/shoulders for about 15 minutes before I turned the light out. It really helped. I slept all night without waking up at all and was rudely awakened by my alarm clock going off. I'm sure I would have slept another hour at least without that noise.
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 03-28-2014, 05:43 AM   #43
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

FYI - I'm going to the big city tomorrow for a meeting and will be gone all day. I won't be here on SCS at all this weekend. So, let me be the first to wish you a fabulous weekend!!!
Hope your meeting tomorrow goes well and you have an enjoyable weekend also. This is my free weekend and as much as I love my kids, it's nice to have a couple days with no commitments. Hopefully I'll get a few things done around the house and then play in my stamp room!

We have a Women's Conference Saturday night, but it's broadcast on BYU-TV, so I'll be staying at home and watching it on TV.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-28-2014, 05:44 AM   #44
Quacker Stamper

Kelly!
International Art & Soul
Old 03-28-2014, 07:14 AM   #45
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, lovelies!! I'm blessed by your friendship! ♥
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:14 AM   #46
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi!

Hello ladies!!! I am up and less dizzy today- just munched on a little dry cereal...we'll see how that goes..... I did have a flu shot- that is for the Respiratory flu- does not cover the GI flu's......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY!!! I hope you have a marvelous day! And, Awesome about the DT- the images are so sweet!
Good for your daughter- that is such an awesome field- and glad your daughter discovered that at an early time in college (Gen -eds!)

Maggie- sorry the ladies forgot about the dinner- sounds like it turned out well anyway! Ohhh I get pain behind my eye when my neck tightens up- when my neck hurts- on occasion- it makes my B/P go up.....
I hope that gets resolved for you quickly!

Lynn- I wish I could work ahead like that- I did before going to China- it was just awesome! Everything on the blog and scheduled...... Lucky you, warm weather- do you have flowers blooming yet??? Your weather has been up/down, hasn't it???

Darlene - sorry you are feeling icky too! Oh my hubby works from home too- it has many positives- a few negatives though.....but it is really nice for the dog- especially when I work- he gets a nice walk at lunchtime like when we are home. Hoping God gives you strength while you proceed with life matters : )

Maxine - my Dad has macular degeneration and has meetings with the Vision loss group at the VA hospital. He needs more, but had another medical issue last year that kept him from moving forward with it. So awesome that they come to your home! My Dad plays his visual loss up alot- he used to be on the computer ALOT, and now has too much trouble with vision to write much.....so his biggest loss is keeping in touch with people. When I was there in Oct., I put some rhinestones in different colors (and sizes) on the stove and microwave so he could find certain buttons- he was doing NOTHING for himself- my Mom is running ragged. When I was back at X-mas, he is using them alot now, so even though he got a little upset at me, the suggestion paid off.....

Jeanette- wow- sounds like your DD and Kelly's DD should chat- they sound like they have similar interests! Cool : ) I will keep her in prayers for her new job.
Have a good trip to the city and a wonderful weekend!

I am imagining if we have new members that want to join, they will post here- no- have not heard anything yet.

Ok- Off to rest- maybe stamp a bit, we'll see

Have a great day
Shelly
Old 03-28-2014, 09:45 AM   #47
Crimping Master

I would love to join the group if you'll have me
I know Maggie, Jeanette and Kelly from another group. This looks like a fun and busy place!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #48
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Kristie!

I see that you are in CT, I'm in NH. Small world, huh?

This is a great group - they tolerate my varying ability to participate here, sometimes my job interferes with too much of my life.

Here's some little deets about us here: We have a Discussion of the Week (DOTW) where any one of us can post a question about something related to our card making. Techniques, product preferences, storage, paper, adhesives, etc.

We have a loosely framed TAT Challenge which stands for Try a Technique. I describe it as "loosely framed" because there is usually a several day span where we aim to post the results to our blogs. More details later, I'll have to look up the wording I've used in the past (hehehe)

Lately we've also been doing a card exchange. Each month we are paired off with another member and we send a card to that member.

But mostly, this group is a fantastic, warm, supportive group of women who came together through love of card making and stamping, but have developed real friendships that carry over to other aspects of our lives.

WELCOME!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:53 PM   #49
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmile1978 View Post
I would love to join the group if you'll have me
I know Maggie, Jeanette and Kelly from another group. This looks like a fun and busy place!
Hi Kristie! So happy that you want to join this great group of ladies. They are all so kind and warm and welcoming and I think Darlene covered it pretty well. We are laid back though - no pressure on anything. I'm sure you'll get added to the group soon.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #50
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Hello ladies!!! I am up and less dizzy today- just munched on a little dry cereal...we'll see how that goes..... I did have a flu shot- that is for the Respiratory flu- does not cover the GI flu's......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY!!! I hope you have a marvelous day! And, Awesome about the DT- the images are so sweet!
Good for your daughter- that is such an awesome field- and glad your daughter discovered that at an early time in college (Gen -eds!)

Maggie- sorry the ladies forgot about the dinner- sounds like it turned out well anyway! Ohhh I get pain behind my eye when my neck tightens up- when my neck hurts- on occasion- it makes my B/P go up.....
I hope that gets resolved for you quickly!

Lynn- I wish I could work ahead like that- I did before going to China- it was just awesome! Everything on the blog and scheduled...... Lucky you, warm weather- do you have flowers blooming yet??? Your weather has been up/down, hasn't it???

Darlene - sorry you are feeling icky too! Oh my hubby works from home too- it has many positives- a few negatives though.....but it is really nice for the dog- especially when I work- he gets a nice walk at lunchtime like when we are home. Hoping God gives you strength while you proceed with life matters : )

Maxine - my Dad has macular degeneration and has meetings with the Vision loss group at the VA hospital. He needs more, but had another medical issue last year that kept him from moving forward with it. So awesome that they come to your home! My Dad plays his visual loss up alot- he used to be on the computer ALOT, and now has too much trouble with vision to write much.....so his biggest loss is keeping in touch with people. When I was there in Oct., I put some rhinestones in different colors (and sizes) on the stove and microwave so he could find certain buttons- he was doing NOTHING for himself- my Mom is running ragged. When I was back at X-mas, he is using them alot now, so even though he got a little upset at me, the suggestion paid off.....

Jeanette- wow- sounds like your DD and Kelly's DD should chat- they sound like they have similar interests! Cool : ) I will keep her in prayers for her new job.
Have a good trip to the city and a wonderful weekend!

I am imagining if we have new members that want to join, they will post here- no- have not heard anything yet.

Ok- Off to rest- maybe stamp a bit, we'll see

Have a great day
Shelly
Hi Shelly. I hope you are finally feeling better. It's been going on for awhile now.

I did put some heat on my neck last night and will do the same tonight. I think that helped some although it's still popping some. My eye doctor appointment is Thursday, so I'll see how that goes. I do have a problem with moving from my Kindle Fire to the computer. I guess it's the backlighting on the Kindle. It takes my eyes a little while to adjust to the difference.

I remember when you were at your parents' house and put the gems around for your dad and he wasn't too thrilled at first. Glad that he's warmed up to the idea and it's really beneficial for him.

We've got a storm coming through and I'm just hearing thunder off in the distance and hoping that it doesn't come over this way too much. We can use the rain although we've had rain almost every day this week, but I'd rather not have the thunder and lightning.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #51
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hi Kristie! So glad you want to join us! This group truly is FANTASTIC! I know you're going to have fun here!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 03-28-2014, 05:03 PM   #52

I just added Kristie to my sidebar.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-29-2014, 04:03 AM   #53
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Hi Kristie! Welcome to the group- please tell us a little about yourself! I will update my sidebar as well and add you to our home page.

We decided to add 2-3 more members, so you will still see OPEN on the 1st page even though you have joined us.

Staying home from work after all- feeling queezy again this AM.......

Shelly
Old 03-29-2014, 06:47 AM   #54
Die Cut Diva

Shelly, hope you start feeling better soon. Uck on having the flu. I really thought the flu shot took care of most of it......live and learn I guess. LOL!

We went to one of the grands soft ball games yesterday......HOT, hot, HOT! We were up to 95 yesterday but back down in the 70's and 80's today. Crazy weather!

Big Welcome Kristie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you're joining us. I don't usually do the sidebar thing but will scoot over later and become a "follower". Can't wait to see all your creations!
Old 03-29-2014, 06:54 AM   #55
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. Starting out a little chlly this morning, but will warm up soon I"m sure. Getting out now to the grocery store. I want to work on the back flower bed later and get them weeded out so my lawn guy can get busy planting everything.

I opened up the back dining room window that looks out over the patio to get some fresh air in the house and Casper and Corey sure enjoyed smelling all those outside smells that they haven't been able to smell in a long time. Can't believe they'll be 2 this coming October.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (32.7 KB, 6 views)
International Art & Soul
Old 03-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #56
Die Cut Diva

Welcome Kristie from the Antipopdes... we do 'commit' as best we are able, to visit each others blog at least once a week I don't thnk Darlene covered that.

I am not always a chatty as the others as the time differences often mean that others are off line when I am on... but that doesn't really stop me when I have something to say...

Shelly the Blind Foundation person put a sticker on the microwave , and DH saw it straight away, which was good, and there is one on the 5 of the cordless phone - as yet he hasn't really tried it.

On the tablet and his computer we put the print size right up - it's easy on the tablet, and on the desktop we hold Control and roll the 'roller' in the middle of the mouse to bring the text size up. Our techie Son in law has also loaded up an app on the desk-top that takes out ads from the online paper and brings the print size up too.

Better run and get ready for Church - See you all later

Kelly I hope you had a fantastic birthday, and have a wonderful weekend.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #57
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, that sounds good about what the Foundation is doing! Know that's going to be a great help.

Got all the garden planted - and now need rain! Also planted several pots of caladiums (however you spell that word) and started working on cleaning out flower beds. This body is too old for physical labor! LOL! I'm ready to take a shower and go to bed and it's not even 5:00! No fair! Margaret - I'm thinking I need your yard man!

Kristie, I stopped by your blog, left a comment, and tried to sign up as a subscriber so I could follow. Not sure if it went through or not though. Is there any way you can check? Oh, and by the way....you do great work!!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 02:15 PM   #58
Quacker Stamper

LOL! For a minute there Lynn I thought we had another new member - Margaret!!!! I forget sometimes that's my given name.

Maxine - ditto on what Lynn said. It is good that there is an organization that can help out.

Just got done weeding all the backyard flower beds. I'm pooped! I took a little foot stool out to sit on while I worked. It was still hard on the low back and the hips and knees, but I persevered and got them all cleaned out. Haven't picked up the garbage yet. I need a rest first. I may do that tomorrow. l bought some lawn weed killer today and I'm thinking I may do that tomorrow. Give it a chance to dry out from the rain yesterday.

I've actually had a very productive day. I started out with a stop at Lowe's and got, yes, more plants! Some Lavender, columbine and some other stuff I can't remember. I also got a large metal shepherd's crook to hang my bird feeder from but I can't get it into the ground. I'm going to have my lawn guy do it when he comes to do the planting. After all, he's the one that cut down my bird feeder tree limb. After Lowe's, it was a trip to Michael's and I picked up a couple things I need to send to someone and also I got some great things in their $1.50 spots - flowers, ribbons and trims, some bling. All kinds of great embellishments and only $1.50 each. Course I stocked up in all the colors they had.

I didn't need much at the grocery store so that was a quick trip. Now I need some dinner and a shower. I want to play in my room, but I have some commenting to do on the DT blog and I need to get my blog post done for tomorrow's reveal.

International Art & Soul
Old 03-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #59
Crimping Master

Hello!! Thanks for letting me join you all

A little about me: I'm married to Mike (will be 4 years in September) and we have an adopted Jack Russell terrier mix named Amber who is 4. She keeps us entertained
I work full time as an admin assistant for a commercial real estate company and in my spare time craft (cards and scrapbook) and read a lot.

Shelly - sorry you aren't feeling well. I was home with a bug yesterday.
Maggie - that picture is so cute. I love your white kitties - reminds me of my childhood cat Snowball.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #60
Die Cut Diva

Did I really do that!! LOL! Guess the brain is on vacation......it's a shame I'm not!

Thanks for the info on the columbine being at Lowes. I've been looking for some. I had planted some seeds and they were doing good...but Jim forgot to water them when I was gone. Dead as a door nail now!
Old 03-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #61
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Kristie, I stopped by your blog, left a comment, and tried to sign up as a subscriber so I could follow. Not sure if it went through or not though. Is there any way you can check? Oh, and by the way....you do great work!!!!
Hi Lynn! I just checked and you are subscribed to my blog
Old 03-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #62
Crimping Master

I'm slightly jealous of everyone that's working in their yards! We have random flowers that pop up every year but that's the extent of it. The strip of grass along the front is still green and some grass usually grows in the front part of our side yard but the rest is dirt. Mostly mud today! We are hoping to get the yard cleaned up this year and filled in to hopefully grow grass. There are several trees that we need to take down as well. This July will be 5 years since we've owned our house but we've been a little lazy on getting things fixed/finished. The house was abandoned for 5 years before we bought it and the prior owners filled some of the yard with a bunch of crap that's resurfacing (bricks, chunks of pavement, a tire and other odds/ends). Hopefully we can get it cleaned up so that next year we can fence it in.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:05 PM   #63
Die Cut Diva

Oh good Kristie! I wasn't sure if it went through correctly on the subscribing thing or not!

Don't feel jealous on my count - we have a huge area for a yard - almost a whole acre and as far as grass goes it pretty well doesn't exist! LOL! No rain equals no grass! We have a few patches and that's about it. Have a lot of dirt and a bunch of thistles right now too. Maybe that's why we do the garden - at least it's green! We do have a little grass but not like I'd like it at all. Take what we can and not worry about the rest I always say. At least we have a roof over our head and that's what matters most.

Oh, I love Jack Russell terriers! If it weren't for our little doxie, Rambo, that's what we'd have too. They're so cute!

Oh, and MAGGIE! See I did it right that time ----- also loved the pictures of the kitties! Cute.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #64
Die Cut Diva

I have popped over and left a comment Kristie, and have started to follow you too .

Had a guest speaker at church this morning - really good sermon.

It will be out to the studio this afternoon, once I have feed DH
Old 03-29-2014, 05:33 PM   #65
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Did I really do that!! LOL! Guess the brain is on vacation......it's a shame I'm not!

Thanks for the info on the columbine being at Lowes. I've been looking for some. I had planted some seeds and they were doing good...but Jim forgot to water them when I was gone. Dead as a door nail now!
They had a couple different colors. Mine is kind of a dusty rose color. Very pretty.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-30-2014, 12:49 PM   #66
Proud Fan Club Member

Helllllllllloooo girls! I'm looking for volunteers to help me get 10 pounds of sand out of my house!! Hee hee! We are ready to settle in and get some dinner, sadly, Spring Break is over!

Thank you for the wonderful birthday wishes! I wish birthdays could go on, and on, and on ... this one was just too fun Gettin' older isn't so bad

Welcome, Kristie! I think we are in like 2-3 groups together now! Welcome, welcome!

Sending hugs to all ~
Old 03-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #67
Die Cut Diva

I'll come help get the sand out Kelly .......... as long as you take me to the beach to dump it back there! LOL! Back to the old grind now I guess. Glad y'all had a good break though.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:07 PM   #68
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Helllllllllloooo girls! I'm looking for volunteers to help me get 10 pounds of sand out of my house!! Hee hee! We are ready to settle in and get some dinner, sadly, Spring Break is over!

Thank you for the wonderful birthday wishes! I wish birthdays could go on, and on, and on ... this one was just too fun Gettin' older isn't so bad

Welcome, Kristie! I think we are in like 2-3 groups together now! Welcome, welcome!

Sending hugs to all ~
Love your beach photo.

Birthday sometimes do go on for awhile. My card should be in the mail to you tomorrow.

International Art & Soul
Old 03-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #69
Die Cut Diva

Hi Kelly - hope you haven't been too shaken with the quakes over your way - we are shaking here too - over on the east coast of the North Island this time .... thankfully nothing here
Old 03-30-2014, 10:03 PM   #70
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello!

Sunday night- well guess it is Mon AM- watching TV....better get to bed...going to work tomorrow. I was able to eat finally- Breakfast was kind of hard on my stomach, but dinner was fine - well at least so far....Yeah!

We had a beautiful day today- it will be nice tomorrow- but windy, then will get chilly and rainy. We are headed South Friday- Stephi has Nationals for Indoor Track and then we will head to my parents in Ky.

Katie got a plane ticket to come home- July 10th is her ETA!!! Yeah!

My son left today for a 21 day trip rafting down the Colorado river through the Grand Canyon......how exciting- please pray for his safety..... He says it is warn there, but the water is cold. There is a group of 20 going.....

Kristi- hope your bug does not stick around long! Glad to hear about you- and look forward to getting to know you better : )

Maggie- sounds like you got alot done. I have Columbine in my garden- they spread like wildfire! We planted a new area in the back of the yard last year- I really do not know alot of what we planted....but...we have ash trees- all infected by the Ash Borer beetle. So, one is in the back- that has to go- we were talking about what to plant yesterday and your comment about how the added shade has affected what s growing- gotta take shade. no shade into consideration! Thanks : )

Lynn- I'll come help you get the sand out of Kelly's : ) I would love some beach time!

Kelly- glad you had a wonderful B-day.

Maxine- are you feeling any of the tremors from the quakes where you are??

OK- Night ladies : )

Shelly
Old 03-31-2014, 02:17 AM   #71

Yikes, I'm gone from the thread for a couple of days and look what happens....

Margaret stopped by.

Maxine started shaking. (I hope the quake isn't affecting you much!)

Lynn heads to the beach (I'm not sure if she was much help, Kelly, sounds to me like she just wanted to play in the sand).

Shelly's family members started coming and going (I can't keep up with them).

Kelly celebrated the end of Spring Break with a birthday!

Kristie because jealous, though Lynn quickly told her there was no need for that.

WOW! I love this group of ladies!

Did I tell you where I was going Saturday? I went to St. Louis for a Thailand Mission Trip planning meeting! YES!!! I'm going back to Thailand this summer! This is the final trip they'll be taking to Thailand and I thought I was going to have to skip it... but I am going!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-31-2014, 03:26 AM   #72
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Hi Kelly - hope you haven't been too shaken with the quakes over your way - we are shaking here too - over on the east coast of the North Island this time .... thankfully nothing here
Kelly's on the East Coast in Florida. I don't think any quakes over there, but maybe some shaking going on at her house with all her birthday celebration! My DD in CA did feel the quaking the other night. She lives down in Orange County. Lucky no damage in her area.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-31-2014, 05:55 AM   #73
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh wow, I couldn't find this group! Nearly had a heart attack -- It wasn't in my threads!! Dunno why?

Max, thank you for thinking of me! But no earthquakes here. Strange you mention that - my cousins and uncle were affected in LA and contacted me via FB and I haven't talked to them in like 10 years! Nothing like an earthquake to find your family members, lol.

Margaret! LOL!! Love your sense of humor!

Hey girls, free coffee at McD's today in case you didn't know - so that on the news last night. During bfast hours only - nearly cried driving past my Starbucks! Oh that was sooo hard! But free is free ♥ They are competing with Taco Bell - LOL! Apparently, TB is taking away their bfast customers? So cheers - today is def. a coffee day here, I could not go to sleep last night and was up at 6 am .......zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

SPRING BREAK is over!!

Shel, YAY for Katie coming home! Is that for the summer or to visit?

J - WOOT on Thailand!!!!!! You do amazing work - will the same kids be there when you return? That is unbelievably rewarding, I am sure A lot of work for you but what a heart warming moment in life.

Lynn, I'm so glad you are coming with me to the beach!!! No kids!! We have the lounge chairs to ourselves and can sit back with books, beer, coffee, wine, cabana boys .......... not sure what your 'poison' is, so I'm covering all the bases, lol!

I'm sure I'm missing A LOT! So hugs for everyone and hello!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:30 AM   #74
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Sunday night- well guess it is Mon AM- watching TV....better get to bed...going to work tomorrow. I was able to eat finally- Breakfast was kind of hard on my stomach, but dinner was fine - well at least so far....Yeah!

We had a beautiful day today- it will be nice tomorrow- but windy, then will get chilly and rainy. We are headed South Friday- Stephi has Nationals for Indoor Track and then we will head to my parents in Ky.

Katie got a plane ticket to come home- July 10th is her ETA!!! Yeah!

My son left today for a 21 day trip rafting down the Colorado river through the Grand Canyon......how exciting- please pray for his safety..... He says it is warn there, but the water is cold. There is a group of 20 going.....

Kristi- hope your bug does not stick around long! Glad to hear about you- and look forward to getting to know you better : )

Maggie- sounds like you got alot done. I have Columbine in my garden- they spread like wildfire! We planted a new area in the back of the yard last year- I really do not know alot of what we planted....but...we have ash trees- all infected by the Ash Borer beetle. So, one is in the back- that has to go- we were talking about what to plant yesterday and your comment about how the added shade has affected what s growing- gotta take shade. no shade into consideration! Thanks : )

Lynn- I'll come help you get the sand out of Kelly's : ) I would love some beach time!

Kelly- glad you had a wonderful B-day.

Maxine- are you feeling any of the tremors from the quakes where you are??

OK- Night ladies : )

Shelly
Shelly, I hope you are feeling well enough to be going back to work today. Don't push yourself into a relapse.

I know you'll be happy to have Katie home for awhile. Will she be there for the whole Summer? Never been river rafting and no desire to go. Hope your DS has a fun time and stays safe.

I did get a lot done, but now paying for it with allergies. My boss even could notice it in my voice this morning. Just called my lawn guy to see when he can come do the planting. Waiting for a call back. I sure hope this Columbine doesn't spread too much. I thought I was pretty careful about only buying plants that grew upright and not trailing. Sorry about your ash tree. I used to have one in my back yard. I had to have it taken down a number of years ago. I was told that they only live for about 40 years and this one was starting to split.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-31-2014, 07:31 AM   #75
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Yikes, I'm gone from the thread for a couple of days and look what happens....

Margaret stopped by.

Maxine started shaking. (I hope the quake isn't affecting you much!)

Lynn heads to the beach (I'm not sure if she was much help, Kelly, sounds to me like she just wanted to play in the sand).

Shelly's family members started coming and going (I can't keep up with them).

Kelly celebrated the end of Spring Break with a birthday!

Kristie because jealous, though Lynn quickly told her there was no need for that.

WOW! I love this group of ladies!

Did I tell you where I was going Saturday? I went to St. Louis for a Thailand Mission Trip planning meeting! YES!!! I'm going back to Thailand this summer! This is the final trip they'll be taking to Thailand and I thought I was going to have to skip it... but I am going!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!
LOL!

Wow! Going again. I know that you had a blast there last year. So glad that you're getting to go again especially since it's the final trip there.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-31-2014, 09:54 AM   #76
Watercolor Wizard

Hello all. So...just when I started getting over the whole chest/sinus crud, something attacked my stomach and intestines. Holy cow. I sure should get some weight loss out of this.

Oh Jeanette, I am so happy for you! I know how much you've loved those Thailand mission trips! Will you be working with the children from prior years? How special to be reunited with them again.

Bijou is trying to get up on the bed with me. Right now he's walking around on the floor trying to find something to get him up, LOL. I'll let him work on it for a while. When he complains too much I'll give him a lift up. Too funny.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 03-31-2014, 09:58 AM   #77
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Darlene!! I do hope you feel better ~ rest up, and let Bijou and company take good care of you

He sounds like he has great bed side manners! ♥
Old 03-31-2014, 12:06 PM   #78
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, I'll have to take the 3 "b's"......book, beer, and boys! LOL!!! No wine here I'm afraid. I was pretty much raised on the stuff. When others were having a nice glass of milk with their meal, I was drinking wine - and at a VERY early age! My great uncle used to "brew" it from wild Mustang grapes and they had wooden kegs in their basement filled with the stuff. I must have had too much when I was young because I can live without it now! LOL!

Darlene, so sorry you're back with that same mess - or worse now. Hopefully the weather will warm up soon for you and you'll be back to your old self again. Take care!!!

Maggie, I hear you on the allergies right now......mine is probably coming from the Mesquite trees that are blooming out all over!

Jeanette, whoopee!!!! Thailand here you come! Know how much you look forward to that trip!
Old 03-31-2014, 03:01 PM   #79

It's been a busy day - and it's time to fix my Brock some supper but wanted to dash through the threads first. You are all so sweet! THANK YOU for your nice comments about my trip.

We will be working with children again, as we did the past two years, but each year it is a different group of children.

FUN!!!

Loved hearing of Bijou's attempts to climb on the bed.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-31-2014, 04:51 PM   #80
Proud Fan Club Member

Arg!! I typed up a long post and it went poof!! The strange thing is when it poofed back, I ended up in the gallery!! How did that happen LOL!

Lynn, LOL ...we're on for the 3 Bs! That's so funny about the wine! I grew up a lot in various towns in Europe where it's more acceptable. In London, kids would be in the pubs! In Spain, kids 9-11 were sitting right up at the bar chugging down beer. And Germany well ...that's where I learned the true art, beauty and taste for wine, my pick of the poisons!! I love me a glass of wine and fruity floofy cocktails if we are out and sans kids, Lol!

I'm off to read and review a book. Toodles!