Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-03-2014, 05:11 AM   #721
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hi Maggie! Sometimes an early night does wonders; hope yours did!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #723
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Tip--keep watering and keep fertilizing--at least for flowers!
HI Barb! Is this note for me? You mean the orchid? How do I fertilize an orchid? LOL! Let me snap a picture and you all can tell me more! I'm CLUELESS. I could google, but ...................
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 06-03-2014, 11:53 AM   #724
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

And a good afternoon to all - girls got out half day of school today so it's nice to be home for the rest of the night!

Maggie, so glad to hear Casper is better - and you!

Lynn, what on earth ... you need a break, girl! Maybe the system is all out of whack ~ I had two posts NOT launch . That was embarrassing!

Ladies, I have something coming up this week *wink!* and the lady asked me for the html code for the blog post - what is that? I followed her instructions to go to the blog post (done, scheduled) and hit hmtl - you know where one side says compose/html -- I clicked that but it was a bunch of coded stuff. Does this sound familiar? I guess they use it to cut and paste but it didn't even look right -- haven't heard back yet, so I either got it or send hieroglyphics!

Hugs!
Old 06-03-2014, 01:15 PM   #725
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Kelly--I know nothing about orchids--I was talking about flowers in general that we plant in pots and baskets outside. We fertilize once a week or every other to keep them green and flowering.

As far as your html code question---when I am asked for that when I post a card for a DT, I just the link to my main blog--not a specific date. I do not think you can get the html for a post that is scheduled to post in the future, as it is really not ready to go yet. Does that make sense or even answer the question?
Old 06-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #726
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Okay, I thought as much - LOL! We fertilized dd's garden (oh my! The plants are HUGE!) but I wasn't sure about the orchid -- I'll keep 'digging around' and let you all know how I fare!

As for the blog post, I figured that out (one out of two ain't bad today!) Apparently, it's right where she said -- not the permalink, but the blog is in compose or html code - either works! I learned a lot!

Lynn, I did want to say that although I'm not having blog troubles, I am having problems with a blog -- so I had to mention to her, whom it belongs to :**( It makes me sad, but the blog takes FOREVER to open it and the pictures open up as slow as dial up. It's only that blog, so I'm not sure why or what I can do to fix it, but it makes me so very sad as I do love her dearly Posting there is next to impossible -- I have to walk away and hope they open up, but sometimes it times out and I can't comment at all. And clueless as to why!!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #727
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, glad you figured out what that lady was talking about in the html. I wouldn't have had a clue at all! Now if I ever run across it I know who to contact! LOL! I DO have a feeling that you're going to be named to another DT though - right! Don't you even want to give us a tiny little hint or two?

As far as blogs opening, etc. Jeanette and Barbs blogs take forever to open for me. I'll usually click it and then go make up the bed or something and by the time I get back, they're up. I read somewhere that if you have a lot of "extras" on your blog, it will cause that. Not sure what "extras" they're referring to though. Since I love Jeanette and Barb - I just wait until it opens - wink, wink!!! LOL! I don't have the fastest internet speed either and I'm sure that has something to do with it. I take what I can get out here in the boonies though! LOL!

I just saw on FB that Shelly is at the ER with Steph. She was on her bike and tried to miss hitting a dog and fell, hitting her head on the cement. Shelly said they were waiting to run a CAT scan on her and didn't know if she'd have stitches or not. Think we all need to say a little prayer for her as I know how serious head injuries can be.
barbaralynn, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #728
Mad Swapper

Will pray for Shelly and Steph - not good .

I have some happy news too - and will let you know in good time

I don't have a problem with the blogs opening, but I do tend to open a whole pile at one time and just work across the tabs I have open, but I have never noticed either of them being particularly slow..

Glorious day here after a light frost - I have been for a walk and am about to head out to the studio.

Waving to you all
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #729
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, I figure you and Kelly's good news is one of two things.........either your pregnant or you're getting on a DT! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it's going to be the DT though! LOL!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #730

Kelly's pregnant???????????

I knew it!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #731

Lynn, I'm sorry my blog takes so long to open. Kelly has the same problem with it, but I've asked others to check and they say they don't have that problem. It's baffling to me. I don't know how to fix it.

Someday - when life slows down - I'm going to do a blog post with just one picture in it and ask you and Kelly to see if it's any faster that way.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #732
Pearl-ExPert

Jeanette, don't be sorry at all!! It's always worth the wait!!! Always!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:54 PM   #733
Mad Swapper

Kelly may be pregnant - but me - NO SHOW!!!
Old 06-04-2014, 05:00 AM   #734

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Awwww... thanks, Lynn!

Maxine, it's understandable... some pregnant women "show" sooner than others. You'll be showing soon enough, I'm sure.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-04-2014, 05:54 AM   #735
SCS RAK Coordinator

I too am sorry my blog loads slow for some of you. I took off some of the thumbnails f the members of the DT teams that I am on, so their most recent posts and dates do not show-just their names. I think that might help--let me know.

Jeanette's does load slower than most for me, but it is up and running within 10 seconds.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:57 AM   #736
SCS RAK Coordinator

Old 06-04-2014, 07:18 AM   #737
Pearl-ExPert

Barb, I just commented on your blog while ago and it DID come up a lot faster now! Maybe you taking off whatever really did work. Cute card too!

Ok, guess we all need to start making baby cards for Kelly and Maxine now! LOL!!! Is this how rumors get started!!!!!
Old 06-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #738
SCS RAK Coordinator

Lynn--that is good to know. I am glad it helped.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:49 AM   #739
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ohhh won't my husband be EXTRA surprised with Jeanette's news! She likes to announce her pregnancies!! WOOT!!!!!!!!

I did see Shelly's new (Literally 5 minutes ago) but thank you for updated all of us, Lynn, so we can pray for her and cover her with all the love I know a mommy needs for her baby, no matter the age. Bless her heart.

Blogs, agreed - I comment when I can, please don't fret if I don't. It just takes way too long, even if I stop and walk away to come back ... It times out. I used to post a lot of pictures of one card but too many people said they couldn't see it due to the length of time it takes and if I'm working for a company, the point is for them to see it and enjoy it I don't want to cause frustration, lol! So now I'm happy with just showcasing my card and the inside

Old 06-04-2014, 07:50 AM   #740
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Barb, I just commented on your blog while ago and it DID come up a lot faster now! Maybe you taking off whatever really did work. Cute card too!

Ok, guess we all need to start making baby cards for Kelly and Maxine now! LOL!!! Is this how rumors get started!!!!!
Isn't it great! Jeanette likes to announce HER pregnancies! And apparently, she likes the color PINK ..... did you notice! That will help with chosing a card color
Old 06-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #741
Pearl-ExPert

Oh NO!!! Kelly, it's not Jeanette - it's YOU and MAXINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Jeanette is preggie too she just hasn't told us yet! More baby cards coming up????? LOL!
Old 06-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #742
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hahahaha Shall we make our challenge for June to make a baby card???

I have a little news to share as well, but for now, my lips are sealed : )

Stephi is doing well- thanks for the prayers! She is having trouble sitting still today- even though she is 21, we told her she could not go to Chicago to visit a friend today. She ended up getting talked into staples instead of stitches.....and came home with 15 staples in the back of her head. She has some 'raspberry' abrasions- road rash we call that- and a headache, plus some neck muscle tightness. She has Norco for that. She is trying to talk us into letting her run her 10K on Saturday- we'll see.......

Do you think I should contact the dog owner? We have a leash law here...AND to check in on the dog. It ran out in front of her, and she hit it..... She does not remember seeing it after the incident and Ray did not see it when he went back to get her bike.

My computer is totally dead today- I cannot get the cord that charges it to get a connection- I have the new computer here, but we never bothered to set it up- yikes- will now have to remove the hard drive and use an external to access all of my pictures, digi's etc........ What a pain!

I have never noticed slowness to load blogs...... I have no troubles with that.

For a HTML code- it is written when you write up your blog post.....so- just hit the tab HTML, copy, paste into an e-mail and hit send. They will copy and paste your HTML into their post, and will see pictures, Inklinkz, anything you add to your post.

You can use the HTML code if you post a card to your blog and on a DT blog as well- I do it for the TJ design blog alot- so I copy in my HTML code from my blog and click on the HTML tab on the other blog, then paste - and click back to compose & just tweek by removing text like challenges....etc. You can then schedule the post and do not have to re-write an entire post.

I am caught up on on of the posts- waving hello to all!

Have a great Tuesday
Shelly
Old 06-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #743
Quacker Stamper

Hi Stamp Addicts and Happy Wednesday.

Shelly, so sorry about Stephi's accident. Yes, I would certainly contact someone about the dog running loose in the neighborhood. We have leash laws here too and there is one family that always has their dog roaming the street. I really feel sorry for it because it never looks clean and well groomed. I've reported it a couple times, but nothing ever seems to be done about it. Do you know who the dog belongs to? I think I'd advise them of the accident and see about getting reimbursed for the doctor visit.

Speaking of doctors, she better check with the doctor first before trying that 10K run on Saturday. That's not much time to recover from that traumatic injury. I used to know a lady that hit her head on the corner of a kitchen cabinet door and really rattled her brain. She started having epileptic seizures and had to quit work. I guess it got her in just the right spot for that.

Sorry about your computer. Are you going to be able to get it fixed? I keep all my pictures on an external hard drive as it is. They take up a lot of room on your computer and will slow it down. I also have them on flash drives and up in a cloud.

I don't think I've ever noticed any blogs that were slow to open. I know mine gets really slow itself when I'm hopping around commenting. I've never been able to figure out what it does that. I have not idea about html codes and so glad that I don't have to know how to use that. I have taken codes off of some challenge blogs to put a button on my computer, but that's about it.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 06-04-2014, 11:08 AM   #744
Quacker Stamper

Sorry I didn't get on to chat last night. I did read posts, but didn't have the chance to comment. I got a call on Sunday from one of the Bishop's Counselors wanting me to give a talk in Sacrament meeting on Sunday. He's tried to ask me before, but various things happened and it never did happen, so I said yes. This is a busy week so I thought I better get after it. I spent all my time last night reading and preparing the talk. I still have to go over it a time or two and tweak it but at least it's all down there. I got very tired about 10, so decided to go on to bed. Everyone seemed to be doing okay except Corey was still hissing at Casper. I was doing my best to get him over that. I would rub my hands all over Casper and then rub them on Corey to see if I could transfer the smell over. So far that hasn't worked.

Well, got up this morning and Casper had had 2 accidents at the litter boxes out in the computer room. So, it was back to the vet this morning. What a circus trying to get him in his crate. I thought he might come eat, but he didn't, instead went under my bed. I had to close off the hallway and then get him out of my room into the hallway. It was crazy because he kept trying to get past me and I'd have to block him. Finally got both doors closed. Went and put a towel in his crate and then went back to get him. He was pretty docile by that time so I was able to pick him up and take him out to the garage and put him in his crate. Decided to take Corey along too, so same story, second verse only Corey is more agitated and aggressive about it. I closed him in the kitchen/dining room and hallway area. Then manuevered his action so he went into the hallway also and quick closed that door. Went and got his crate and came back and he was on the window sill in the bathroom. That was a good thing. I put the crate on top of the commode seat. The crate has an opening in the top as well as the side, so I had the top open. Went and got a bath towel, lifted up the curtain, grabbed him by the back of the neck with one hand and scooped him up with the other and dumped him in the carrier and slammed the lid closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whew! Done!

Called the vet and was told to bring them both in. They'll check Casper to see what his problem is and treat his ear mites and give him his shots. If he has to be medicated, then he'll stay there until he's done with his meds and he's well. Corey just needs to be treated for his ear mites. For some reason he got his shots last October, but Casper didn't. Don't remember what that was about. I called a little while ago and the vet was checking them both out so I'll call back about 2 or so and see what's going on and whether Casper is well enough to come home or not. If not, I'll just pick Corey up and get Casper later.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #745
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Oh NO!!! Kelly, it's not Jeanette - it's YOU and MAXINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Jeanette is preggie too she just hasn't told us yet! More baby cards coming up????? LOL!
Ohhhhh someone is surely fibbing! Since I KNOW it's not me, lol -- and apparently Jeanette likes to splash pregnancy news in BRIGHT PINK LETTERS, I'm thinking she has most wonderful news!

Maggie, goodness girl - poor Casper. Hopefully they'll come up with a reason why he's ill. My cats used to get all kinds of bugs (literally and figuratively) but recovered quickly with meds -- crossing my fingers for Casper.

Shel! Oh my! She really got banged up! Yes, do talk to your dr as Maggie said before allowing any running of any sort, esp 10 K - she really should have a good 48-72 of rest and that leads into Saturday. Will there be another one if she misses this one? As for me, if I knew where the house was, I probably would go by and check if I knew the folks .. not sure I'd knock on any doors, but we live in Miami, LOL! We have leash laws, too. I think I would just make sure they know the dog is getting out/got out and made it home. Remember my daughter was just attacked and bitten 2 doors down. They have yet to come see us or check on her, or our dog that got bit up. It makes me sad, we've been neighbors for 15 years

Sending hugs to her!
Old 06-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #746
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, so glad Steph is ok now. That can be so scary with head injuries and all that! Hope she can get some rest now.

Maggie, so sorry about Casper and hope they find out what's going on .

Kelly, you CAN"T be preggie - you just don't have time for another child! LOL!
Old 06-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #747
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Stephi is going to see the doc tomorrow afternoon : ) They gave her instructions in the ER before she left- and the doc is always booked, but luckily he had a cancellation and got Stephi in......

She did walk on the treadmill for an hour, then I washed her hair in the sink and she took a shower- so she feels alot better- took more pain med......and has a friend that just stopped by.

Oh Maggie- so sorry about the cats- they are well cared for that's for sure! Hope the speech/talk goes well too- how cool they asked you to speak!

I hope Jeanette does not have morning sickness while she is on her trip!!!

Shelly
Old 06-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #748
Quacker Stamper

You guys are all so funny. I've really been smiling a lot about all the preggers talk. HAHAHAHA! So funny. It's been known to happen for later years pregnancies.

Just talked to the vet a bit ago. Casper has pancreatitis. It is treatable with a bunch of meds. Not sure if once the meds are done, that he will be well forever or how it works. He has antibiotics for 14 days, an appetite enhancer, a pain patch, fluids. The doctor was going to release him and I reminded him that I am not able to medicate either cat. After a long discussion, we decided that he would stay until Monday. At first he said Friday, but that is my DGD's graduation party. I thought Saturday, but he said he wanted him to stay the weekend in case he had any issues over the weekend, didn't want me to end up back at the ER with him. He said if it were his cat, he'd keep him in the bathroom for 2 weeks until he was done his meds. Well, I forgot I still have my GF's large crate, so I guess I'll put that up again in the computer room and he can stay in there for a week when he comes home and hopefully I'll be able to give him his meds in there. He also suggested that he could have some one of his staff come to my house and administer the meds. He was really trying very hard to help and not cost me a lot of money.

Corey on the other hand is doing okay. He got a shot for his ear mites, and medicine put in his ears that he needs to have again in 1-2 weeks. If I can't trap him again to take him to the doctor, then he will send someone over to help me with that. Ugh! What a nightmare. I've never had issues like this with any of the many other kitties that I've had over the years. I'll go and pick Corey up tonight after work.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #749
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, glad Steph is going to the doctor tomorrow just to get checked out. Sounds like she's doing good though and that's great.

Maggie, that's wonderful that the vet there will send someone to your house if need be! I can't image this one of ours doing that unless it was to deliver a calf! Hope Casper gets better quick!
Old 06-05-2014, 12:31 AM   #750
Mad Swapper

Cats out of the bag - I have a DT position with a NZ craft forum and challenge blog(s).
I am a bit late posting it as DH went to pick up what he thought was a leaf or something on the carpet, and it was a wasp, which objected to it!!! Out came the antihistamine and vinegar!!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:52 AM   #751
Mad Swapper

Congratulations
to Shelly for a well deserved win here
Old 06-05-2014, 03:00 AM   #752
Mad Swapper

...and Shelly has done it again here
Old 06-05-2014, 04:08 AM   #753
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Cats out of the bag - I have a DT position with a NZ craft forum and challenge blog(s).
I am a bit late posting it as DH went to pick up what he thought was a leaf or something on the carpet, and it was a wasp, which objected to it!!! Out came the antihistamine and vinegar!!
Congrats Maxine! I'm so happy to hear about your DT position. Can't wait to see what you create. I'm sure you'll let us know when you post for them.

Ouch! So sorry about DH's impact with the wasp. Hope he feels better today.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:48 AM   #754

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

WOW! A lot has happened here since I left yesterday morning. Must be all the extra hormones that Kelly and Maxine are dealing with.

Lynn, you're absolutely right! It's Kelly and Maxine, not me!

Maxine, CONGRATS!!! They are so fortunate to have you on their DT!!! Woo hoo!!! Is your DH okay now? I do not like wasps!

Maggie, I'm sorry to hear your kitty problems. (((HUGS)))

Shelly, I'm glad Stephi is seeing the doctor - that was quite a tumble. I know you're keeping a watchful eye on her!

Barb, I guess you did the right thing with your blog, since it's not slow any more.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-05-2014, 07:07 AM   #755
SCS RAK Coordinator

Congrats Maxine!
Old 06-05-2014, 07:07 AM   #756
SCS RAK Coordinator

Old 06-05-2014, 08:20 AM   #757
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ohhhhhhhhh I love Disney!! Cute tag Barb!

Congrats to Maxine!! Well deserved! And Shelly on her wins! (and we can't forget Jeanette, on her pregnancy!)

Maggie, glad to hear the kitties are on the mend and being so well watched -- you're the best!

Shelly, you're such a good mommy! Baby steps!

And I know some of you have seen the news, and I'm super excited to announce, finally, my new little spot!

You can read it here - woot!
*Sandcastle Stamper* : Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps ~ I'm a Guest Designer!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #758
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Morning

Yep, its before 10PM and I am stopping in to say hello : )

Maggie- I know Pancreatitis is awful in people- alot of nausea and digestive issues and pain as well. Hope the kitty does well! How awesome the vet is so helpful- what a blessing!

Maxine- AWESOME NEWS- CONGRATS!!! I look forward to seeing what you create for them! I know you have been wanting to do DT work- so , doubly excited! And, ouch on the wasp! What does vinegar do? That is a new one to me!

Kelly- you as well- Prickly Pear has some beautiful images- and I have to say- my favorite is the ferris wheel.... but I have a few- they used to be TJ sponsors. Mary- one of the owners- is from either MI or Wisc, but she comes to a local store 1-2 times a year and has cardmaking sessions and gives a discount on stamps and dies. CONGRATS to you! Yeah!

Thanks for the heads up on the wins : ) How fun! Yikes- the one is for a card I made in April!

I will work on blog hopping today- Ray got the main computer to take a charge- so I am forwarding images I need to get cards made with a a ATC swap document for one that I am hosting NOW.......Swap hostesses- is there a time where everyone is on time and not sending work late??? This is only my 2nd one and I have 2 late this time around.

Waving hi to everyone else!

Have a great day!
Shelly
Old 06-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #759
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Maxine, I've heard of vinegar - and glad he didn't have a reaction to the wasp sting. Ouchie!! My daughter was bitten by some huge wasp when we were vacationing in the Bahamas and they gave her lemon - she swears it worked to draw out the sting and pain. Me, I'd just rather not try it out at all - LOL!

I'm off for Operation Cabana Clean Up! I've had absolutely ENOUGH of that disaster and won't stop until it's done. I'm about to head in -- if you don't hear from me by next week, call my husband! LOL! Seriously, I'm tired of getting up and seeing gems stuck to my behind, buttons embedded to my shoes and washi tape on my craft chair! I have the broom, garbage bags, boxes and the mop and I'm off! Wish me luck!
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #760
SCS RAK Coordinator

Shelly--I did a quick search of the Prickley Pear site after I saw the Wisconsin note and just realized they are based out of DeForest--that is right outside of Madison. I never knew that. Gina K used to be out of McFarland, also outside of Madison. And a stamp rental company, Raison Boat, is also in that area. Who Knew Madison was a hot bed of stamp companies. What town do you live in?