Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-21-2017, 05:30 AM   #7401
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Tuesday. I had a productive day in the stamp room yesterday as I got the Christmas Swap organized, swapped and packaged up, ready to go the Post Office today. I also completed a swap that will be postal too! I have a couple of errands this morning and then more time in the stamp room.

We were to host Thanksgiving for my family for the first time, but a week ago my nephew in Illinois thought they could host instead--fine with us. We will stay over night and then go to roomie's family in Chicago on Friday. We will spend time with her family on Saturday too and then head home that night. We are able to get out all of the Christmas decorations on Sunday and I can start the transformation.............
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:22 AM   #7402
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hi Barb.... sounds like everything is falling into a doable schedule!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:33 PM   #7403
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
So who is cooking for Thanksgiving???

Maggie- hope your paper goes smoothly and that the computer fix works. There should be some great deals in the next week on computers : )

Jeanette- how is your Mom? Glad you are back and had a safe trip.

Lynn, sounds like a fun time in Texas!

Oh, I miss the beach! And the Sun! Kelly, lets all come visit you : ) Whats a few more folks at your table for Thanksgiving....

I finally had a little time to get in the stamping room today, and was able to get one swap completed. I made an ATC for a swap as well. My mom made her way up there before me and got out her coloring supplies all by herself. Pretty cool.

We had a crazy and fun weekend. My Aunt drove up with her neighbor. The neighbors daughter is pregnant and lives only 8 minutes from here. I do not think my Aunt has ever traveled out of town without my Uncle...ever- she is 84. She has a ton of allergies and rarely stays over at anyone's home (now since Peanut has passed, our house is OK). We had a blast chatting and all. Saturday both of my sisters and their hubby's, and my other Aunt came for lunch and stayed all afternoon. There was some eating, some story telling, piano duets and some sing-a-longs.

W had made plans to eat out with friends that night- as my brother was going to be in town.... They ended up coming over here, we ordered pizza and I had salad. It was so much easier for Ray with his broken leg..... I cannot eat dairy, so do not order or eat pizza, so it was a really nice treat for Ray too.

Well, Saturday night, Mom asked for a cough drop- her throat was scratchy. Oh she sounded and looked dreadful on Sunday- and it was raining and then snowing out- big fluffy snowflakes..... so she stayed in and we had her rest alot. Today she is a bit better, but very rattly, so I made an appt for her with pulmonary tomorrow. She has had nebulizer treatments and it helps a bit, but I think this time she needs an antibiotic.

She slept so much during the day yesterday, that she was up till 2 AM- just about time to see you coming and us going Jeanette! I was zonked today as a result, as I had a dentist appt this AM- just cleaning, no issues.... and Ray had a cardiology appt- Mom had to go with him as dentist was running late.

Tomorrow, I have piano early. I am not very smooth with playing the piano, but keep at it. My Aunt also plays by ear, and WOW, she plays beautifully. Almost as well as my Mom used to play.

Stephi comes home Wednesday night, and we are going to Ray's brother and SIL at noon -about 1 1/2 hours away, then to my sisters- another hours drive- for dinner at 5. Katie has to work-Starbucks- and will miss out on family, but will come home Friday and help me get the tree up and the lights and garland out- Ray always does that. Oh my! I love having the kids home. Stephi is home until Sunday midday.

So, what is your FAVORITE Thanksgiving food- did we already talk about this?
Shelly
I am cooking, but taking it to my sister's house. So far I'm making Mashed Butternut Squash, Honee-glazed sage carrots (bee free honey); rolls, banana bread brownies, fresh cranberry sauce, and maybe potato latkes, All of these are things that my vegan DGD will be able to eat.

Unfortunately, my laptop is still acting up even after the Geek Squad looked at it. Glad that I have it on a plan so I didn't have to pay for this tuneup. the SO of one of my niece's knows about computers so I think I'm going to take it with me on Thursday and see if he can take a look at it and figure out what the problem is or if I just need to get a new one. We kind of talked about it the other night at sunday dinner.

That is cool that your mom got all her supplies out to do some coloring. I'd love to have someone to share my stamp time with. I did notice that one of my DGD's had a coloring book on her Wish List. I bought each of my DGD's books and pencils/pens last year for Christmas. Looks like it took hold of her if she's wanting another one.

I spent most of this morning on Amazon and other websites getting my Christmas shopping done. My boss had gone to his DGD's Grandparent's Day event at her school. So happy to have most of that done. Now I can relax for the next month and not worry about anything. This items being shipped to my DGD and her DH I had sent gift wrapped so I don't have to worry about that. The things sent to my DD I'll wrap when I get there.

So fun to have your family around you for the holiday except for Katie. Sorry she'll miss out.

I think I have too many favorites. But for things that I don't usually get to have except for holidays - fresh cranberry sauce and mincemeat pie!
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 11-21-2017, 12:38 PM   #7404
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Shelly, my mom is doing very well, considering. She is a bit more feeble but doesn't let it stop her. In fact, she might need to consider slowing down. Once she almost outran her feet trying to get to a phone that was on a charger across the room. Sheesh!

I loved hearing that your mom got out her own coloring stuff... sounds like she enjoys coloring while you do! I'm sorry she's been feeling poorly though. I hope it's not long until she's feeling better.

The time with your aunt/family is precious... I know you enjoyed that!

Thanksgiving... no, I'm not cooking. We've been invited to join a church family for their BIG Thanksgiving day gathering (they have 7 grown children and many grands, plus farm hands, former teachers of their children, pastors, and others that they invite). It is such fun. They have a HUGE machine shed (for their HUGE combines, tractors, etc) and they have the holiday meals in it. We are usually invited for several - the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, just to name a few.

Since we come from town, they always ask us to bring a couple of bags of ice, but I'll also make/take a dessert and/or salad.

SaveSave
The thing that I like about going to my sister's for Thanksgiving is that I don't have all those dishes to clean up. We usually use paper plates anyway since there are so many of us there - at least 32. That's just immediate families.

Years ago my BIL built a large workshop in their backyard and they always have dinners out there with so many. They have long tables set up. It even has heater.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:01 PM   #7405
Mad Swapper

Hi Girls - I have been reading the thread - just not commenting - I am well and my break from the computer is most refreshing. I have accomplished a lot outside and am now feeling more 'in control', at least in the gardens... I have been crafting too, and have two commissioned cards and a (NZ) group swap to do this weekend, then onto my Christmas cards. I have just sold 3 commissioned ones too

The summer is finally arriving here, and I am watering the gardens - I have to give them a good 'drink' this evening as I going 3-4 hours south this weekend to visit DH's relatives - two of whom are not well at all - it may be a bit stressful . I am travelling with his brother and wife who used to live here.

Yesterday my BFF "adult-napped" me and took me out of town for the day - we had a ball, and I ended up spending my birthday $$ and then some on crafting supplies

The cat and I are chugging along here ok., and after this weekend I will hopefully starting to blog again - I have a GDT spot coming up in 10 days or so over at Through The Craftroom Door!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all - be blessed, and enjoy your families.
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:44 PM   #7406
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Hi, A quick post, as I have been trying to post and it keeps failing!

So glad to see you Maxine! Thanks for dropping in and keeping us posted.

Barb- you are not too far away from me- good for you getting to enjoy instead of doing all the cooking! LOL

I ran mom to the doc today- there is an orchestra playing in her chest- LOL No stethoscope needed to hear it either! Doc checked a chest Xray- no pneumonia. She is on a whopping dose of steroids and an antibiotic. Last year, on Thanksgiving eve, she went into the hospital in fluid overload aka heart failure. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we are not going to have a repeat!

Guess what- I won a Falliday prize- they are all huge! $50.00 to Taylored Expressions- which I have none of. Wow!

There are so many good sales on- is anyone looking to buy anything?

Shelly

Last edited by mcschmidty; 11-21-2017 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: multiple fails
barbaralynn, Kiwime and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:43 PM   #7407
Mad Swapper

If I had $$ left I would be tempted to buy, but the postage is still high... as I shopped well yesterday, I am not worried
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:18 AM   #7408

Since many of us won't be on SCS tomorrow (myself included)
I'm going to go ahead and wish you a...

Maxine, it is sooooo good to see you! Way to go with the shopping/outing with your friend!

Congratulations, Shelly! What an awesome prize! (I won one last year and was thrilled... so I think I know how excited you are! Mine was from Cat's Pajamas.)

Maggie, using disposable plates for a group that size is the ONLY way to go. We will have about 35-40 at our Minister's Christmas Dinner Party - and we'll throw those plates away, too.

SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-22-2017, 07:19 AM   #7409
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends. I probably will not be here tomorrow or even for the rest of the long weekend, so I am passing on my wishes for a Blessed Thanksgiving now.

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:19 AM   #7410
SCS RAK Coordinator

It is good to see a post from Maxine!

Congrats on the prize Shelly.
mcschmidty and Kiwime like this post.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:02 AM   #7411
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Congratulations, Shelly! That's awesome! I can't wait to see what you pick! I do not plan to buy stamps, lol. I've graciously won a few giveaways last month and it's more than enough to keep me busy! But I am going out with dd for Black Friday shopping! I dont' usually enjoy it (anymore - did when I was young!) but I don't want her going alone. I do all my shopping online!

Maxine, glad to see you are going good! Adult-napped - that's so cute! It's good to take a break once in awhile ♥

Wishing everyone a beautiful day with your families!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 11-22-2017, 10:07 PM   #7412
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!! I am so thankful for each and every one of you!!!

Hugs and love
Shelly
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:08 AM   #7413
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Hi Girls - I have been reading the thread - just not commenting - I am well and my break from the computer is most refreshing. I have accomplished a lot outside and am now feeling more 'in control', at least in the gardens... I have been crafting too, and have two commissioned cards and a (NZ) group swap to do this weekend, then onto my Christmas cards. I have just sold 3 commissioned ones too

The summer is finally arriving here, and I am watering the gardens - I have to give them a good 'drink' this evening as I going 3-4 hours south this weekend to visit DH's relatives - two of whom are not well at all - it may be a bit stressful . I am travelling with his brother and wife who used to live here.

Yesterday my BFF "adult-napped" me and took me out of town for the day - we had a ball, and I ended up spending my birthday $$ and then some on crafting supplies

The cat and I are chugging along here ok., and after this weekend I will hopefully starting to blog again - I have a GDT spot coming up in 10 days or so over at Through The Craftroom Door!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all - be blessed, and enjoy your families.
Glad to hear from you Maxine. I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving. It will be good for you I think to be with DH's family.
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:11 AM   #7414
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hi, A quick post, as I have been trying to post and it keeps failing!

So glad to see you Maxine! Thanks for dropping in and keeping us posted.

Barb- you are not too far away from me- good for you getting to enjoy instead of doing all the cooking! LOL

I ran mom to the doc today- there is an orchestra playing in her chest- LOL No stethoscope needed to hear it either! Doc checked a chest Xray- no pneumonia. She is on a whopping dose of steroids and an antibiotic. Last year, on Thanksgiving eve, she went into the hospital in fluid overload aka heart failure. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we are not going to have a repeat!

Guess what- I won a Falliday prize- they are all huge! $50.00 to Taylored Expressions- which I have none of. Wow!

There are so many good sales on- is anyone looking to buy anything?

Shelly
Shelly, I hope your mom is doing better and no ER trips this year.

Congrats on the Falliday prize! WTG!

I've shopped and am pretty much done my Christmas shopping. So good to know.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:13 AM   #7415
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Congratulations, Shelly! That's awesome! I can't wait to see what you pick! I do not plan to buy stamps, lol. I've graciously won a few giveaways last month and it's more than enough to keep me busy! But I am going out with dd for Black Friday shopping! I dont' usually enjoy it (anymore - did when I was young!) but I don't want her going alone. I do all my shopping online!

Maxine, glad to see you are going good! Adult-napped - that's so cute! It's good to take a break once in awhile ♥

Wishing everyone a beautiful day with your families!
I do all my shopping online also. My family each have a Wish List on Amazon, so we update it at this time of the year and shop from there. I got all mine done on Monday! Items are shipping. Gifts going to my DGD and her DH in Utah I had gift wrapped so no problems with those.

I'm with you Kelly. I used to get up early on Black Friday and go shopping, but no more of that. We'll actually be going on our annual trip to Old Towne Spring tomorrow for our annual shopping excursion with the family.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:02 AM   #7416

Enjoy Black Friday - with or without shopping.

SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-24-2017, 04:33 AM   #7417
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Enjoy Black Friday - with or without shopping.

SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
Yes I do unless I see something else that I just have to get for someone. Even though we shop from a Wish List I always like to get one little thing that they aren't expecting.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:39 AM   #7418

Maggie, we use wish lists, too... for the two who don't live with us. But the stocking stuffer items are my choosing.... and I have so much fun with that.

BTW, I'm no where near finished, but I am finished with the gifts for those two (not the stocking stuffers). I have a few other items for the 4 others I buy for... but still need to do some shopping.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-24-2017, 04:39 AM   #7419
Quacker Stamper

I had a really nice time at my sisters. There was a ton of food and people all over the place. I think someone said 31+. I tried to be good and not overindulge.

While I was there I had my niece's SO look at my computer. He told me that the Geek Squad didn't do anything that they should have done to my computer. Makes me mad. He cleared all the cache and all the browsing history from three different places. They he downloaded some free software to defrag it. Said it worked better than the one on the computer. They did not even defrag it while it was there. I brought it home to do that beause it was going to take some time - a little over an hour. I came home early from dinner. I was exhausted. Haven't slept really well the past several nights. I was almost falling asleep while I was waiting for my computer to get finished with the defrag and then was in bed by 8:30! Really party animal. Now that it's all cleaned up, it seems to be working much better. He did tell me that my hard drive is almost full so I have to be careful. I did move some things to my external hard drive the other night, so that may help also.

Old 11-24-2017, 04:45 AM   #7420

Maggie, I'm glad the SO was able to give you some help with your computer. It's a shame the Geek Squad didn't.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-24-2017, 04:47 AM   #7421
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, I'm glad the SO was able to give you some help with your computer. It's a shame the Geek Squad didn't.
Yes, it is since that's what they are paid to do. Lucky I didn't have to pay them this time because I have a service contract, but I think I may lodge a complaint about them. It is so frustrating to think you are getting service when you're not.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:53 AM   #7422

I think I would let them know they dropped the ball with the service to your computer.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-25-2017, 02:43 AM   #7423

to all my Stamping Addicted friends!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-25-2017, 04:46 AM   #7424
Quacker Stamper

Good morning. Yesterday we took our annual trip to Old Towne Spring which is a cute Christmas shopping community. There were 22 of us. We always go eat at Puffabelly's restaurant. Not a lot of selection, but I had a grilled chicken sandwich with fries (a treat). We were there from 11 to 4 and I was wiped out by then and ready to come home. My legs were really tired. When I got home I had slight chills and a very low grade fever. Took some Ibuprofen and went to bed. I did get up a little later and eat some dinner, but then back to bed and turned out the light about 9. Still not feeling great this morning.

I don't think I'm going to join the family in looking at Christmas lights tonight. It's outside and I don't want to be out in the cold night air.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:44 AM   #7425
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Sunday and wishes for a good post Thanksgiving......... We had a wonderful time in Illinois, celebrating the holidays at three different houses! We also rented a gym in Glen Ellyn for a couple of hours yesterday morning and everyone had fun playing games--basketball, tossing a football and playing balloon volleyball with the little kids! It was a wonderful time with our families! We drove home last night and today starts the Christmas transformation. We will bring in all of the boxes and the trees and I will start to decorate. It is to be very nice weather tomorrow morning, so I can do the outdoor lights and greenery then. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, got some great deals while shopping and are ready for the new week. I did a bit of online shopping this week--all craft related and two of the boxes have already arrived! Have a great one!
Old 11-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #7426
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a house full of friends, family, food and ........... shopping! I did MAJOR online shopping taking advantage of the crafty sales on Wed/Thursday - my mailbox will be overflowing this week! And DD and I went out on Black Friday to hit the stores - surprisingly, they were not full at all and and we got everything on our lists and then some. Except one store - but dh was online at home and scooped it up with free shipping - win/win!

Now I'm over Thanksgiving and into full on Christmas mode! The tree is supposed to go up this weekend, but everyone is off doing there own thing today and will try to be back later to head to the tree lot We love, love, LOVE our fresh tree each year - that's a must 'round ♥

I hope your bellies -and hearts - are full!

Maggie - I'm sorry you weren't feeling so good - did you get a flu shot this year? Get well soon!

Sounds like Barb really HAD A BALL! tee hee!

Hugs for all!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:31 PM   #7427
Mad Swapper

Oh Maggie - I saw on facebook that you have been diagnosed with shingles - what a painful condition and an even lousier time of year to get it!! So sorry to hear that!! My neighbour had it years ago, and i know how sore she was. The only thing that calmed her skin once the rash came out was Aloe Vera gel, and as it was n her back and side I went over 2 - 3 times a day to put it on for her, as she was a widow on her own and could not do it herself.

The trip south was hard - DH's sister is still lucid most of the time, but very weepy. SIL was visibly tired by the time we had shared lunch with them. Apparently her bones are now so fragile (from the cancer) that she has to be careful not to stumble or fall as they could break .

We have had some really hot days (28.8 oC - 84 oF) and then some rain, so the gardens are growing at the rate of knots - as are the weeds .

Glad to see you all had good Thanksgiving's and enjoyed good food and great company.

Waving to you all from down under
Old 11-26-2017, 02:05 PM   #7428
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Maxine, it sounds like you are all in a time of change and trial - but thankfully you all have each other to lean on!

We, too, have those hot temps - does not make for very Christmas-like weather for me, LOL! But I"m used to it! We stopped by the beach briefly this weekend and not many people can say they hang out at the beach in December!

Maggie, i didn't see your post and am sorry to hear that. I keep hearing that if we had chicken pox as children, shingles is quite common. Sending you healing vibes!

Hugs, girlie! ♥
Old 11-26-2017, 04:59 PM   #7429
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh Maggie - I saw on facebook that you have been diagnosed with shingles - what a painful condition and an even lousier time of year to get it!! So sorry to hear that!! My neighbour had it years ago, and i know how sore she was. The only thing that calmed her skin once the rash came out was Aloe Vera gel, and as it was n her back and side I went over 2 - 3 times a day to put it on for her, as she was a widow on her own and could not do it herself.

The trip south was hard - DH's sister is still lucid most of the time, but very weepy. SIL was visibly tired by the time we had shared lunch with them. Apparently her bones are now so fragile (from the cancer) that she has to be careful not to stumble or fall as they could break .

We have had some really hot days (28.8 oC - 84 oF) and then some rain, so the gardens are growing at the rate of knots - as are the weeds .

Glad to see you all had good Thanksgiving's and enjoyed good food and great company.

Waving to you all from down under
Sorry that your trip South wasn't very much fun with DH's sister and SIL. Sorry to hear that she is so fragile now from her cancer. Is she still having treatment or is this the after effects?

I am so glad that I was able to enjoy Thanksgiving and out annual Black Friday outing before the shingles attacked me.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:09 PM   #7430
Mad Swapper

Maggie my SIL is on palliative treatments only as she was diagnosed with widespread metastatic breast cancer last August
Old 11-27-2017, 04:33 AM   #7431

But this IS a special Monday - it's Cyber Monday!

Barb, welcome home... sounds like you had a fabulous time celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend... and now you're promptly moving on to Christmas. I know your home will look lovely once you've worked your Christmas magic on it.

Kelly, your house smells yummy with the fresh tree, I'm sure (did everyone make it back so you could go to the tree lot?). Enjoy the Christmas season! And YAY for a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Maxine, I'm sorry the trip south was heart wrenching. You have been through so much. I wish for sunnier days for you. (((HUGS)))

Maggie, I also saw your "news" on FB and ached for you. I hope you are managing and the pain isn't too severe. Have you found anything that helps - like Maxine's neighbor did? Take care!

SaveSave
SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-27-2017, 05:53 AM   #7432
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Cyber Monday! I don't think I am doing any shopping today, but you never know! We did bring in all of the decorations yesterday and today I will start. I am going to a stamp class this morning first though--Priorities! I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:23 AM   #7433

Wishing a

to all of my
fellow Stamp Addicts!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-28-2017, 07:32 AM   #7434
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends! It was a beautiful day, weather-wise yesterday, so I put up all of the outdoor lights and greenery in the afternoon. Now it can SNOW! I will start on the main tree today, all 10 feet of it! I did not do any cyber Monday shopping, but my demo did place our November hostess club order yesterday for the free SU shipping. So, technically, I shopped. We made 4 sweet Christmas cards in class yesterday and that is the last one of the year.

Have a Terrific Tuesday!
Old 11-29-2017, 04:13 AM   #7435

Barb, how did things go with you BIG tree yesterday? All finished?
SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-29-2017, 05:35 AM   #7436
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends--Welcome to Wednesday!

I am slowing getting the decorations done. I have not started on the main tree yet, but now have 8 of the smaller trees decorated. I am glad I did not do the big one yet as roomie put on gold ribbon and that works best being added to a bare tree. So--today is the day to do complete that one! And, I am on a deadline as we have our annual cocktail party Saturday night so everything needs to be done on Friday!
Old 11-29-2017, 05:54 AM   #7437

Smoochy!!!!!!!!!!! I love Smoochy!

You will get it all finished in time, I'm sure... and it will be gorgeous, Barb!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:22 AM   #7438
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, friends ♥

Looks like Maxine and Maggie need some big hugs ♥
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:24 AM   #7439

Awwww.... sweet! Love it, Kelly!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-29-2017, 11:10 AM   #7440
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

But this IS a special Monday - it's Cyber Monday!

Barb, welcome home... sounds like you had a fabulous time celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend... and now you're promptly moving on to Christmas. I know your home will look lovely once you've worked your Christmas magic on it.

Kelly, your house smells yummy with the fresh tree, I'm sure (did everyone make it back so you could go to the tree lot?). Enjoy the Christmas season! And YAY for a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Maxine, I'm sorry the trip south was heart wrenching. You have been through so much. I wish for sunnier days for you. (((HUGS)))

Maggie, I also saw your "news" on FB and ached for you. I hope you are managing and the pain isn't too severe. Have you found anything that helps - like Maxine's neighbor did? Take care!

SaveSave
SaveSave
I have a friend who is a guru when it comes to natural healing. She is sending me a product that she developed and trademarked that others have used for this and psoriasis that have had great results. It should arrive today. Looking forward to trying it and hoping that it will help.

I'm still off work. I haven't been sleeping very well even with the Ambien and was awake at 3 this morning. Then I had a low grade fever again so stayed at home again.

I'm skipping my school gathering tomorrow night.