Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-10-2017, 07:37 PM   #7361
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Kristie, my DH said the soup was a hit. YAY! Okay, I'm dumb... what are vrds?

Oh goodness lol....I should have proofed my post!! I must have been typing on my phone. It should have said cards!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:44 PM   #7362
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Just a note to say I am backing off computer time for a bit - and that includes my blog - I all but crashed and burned on Friday, and spent a lot of the day a blethering heap. After some counselling on Thursday I have realised that I need to take time for me and grieve, and not stuff it down (again), which is why the big fall on Friday...

I will read the threads and maybe comment a bit, but I will be back You can't keep a good woman down.
Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers your way.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:44 PM   #7363
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Thanks Kristie... sometimes I am not smart enough to figure out the codes... and obviously not the phone typing either. It's funny how our phones change what we write, isn't it?

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 11-10-2017, 07:46 PM   #7364
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Saying HELLO from Florida! We flew on Friday, landed and drove to our friends home. Had a fabulous fish dinner and some wine. Our friends have a daughter that is a junior in college that is obsessed with Stamping : ) We start talking and her Mom is like..la la la la la hehehe Anyway, we drove to St Pete's on Saturday and went to WhimSoDoodle. They know here there- she worked there for a while. It is such an Awesome store- wish we had one like it anywhere close to us!

We are staying in Ft Myers beach by the beach. It is so pretty here : ) Ray had his first games today, 1st game lost by slaughter rule, 2nd game was losing and Ray was injured- his ankle- sliding into home plate. He had to slide to score. So, we went to ER cause it looked pretty bad! He has a fracture of the lower part of his Fibula bone....uggggggg!. Life is going to change for a while! He does all of my lifting because of my neck. Oh boy! Poor dear Ray! Our condo is on the 2nd floor too- no elevator.

I did not get card kits done before heading down here- too busy getting mom organized and out the door, and then getting packed. I did get cards done that I needed to mail out (swaps, etc)..... I looked up and there are stamp stores here, so will drop in and try to control myself.....

Maxine- BIG HUGE HUGS!!!

Kelly- I hope he scores! What an exciting and fab life your kids lead. Good for you and all of the time and effort you put into the kids!!! You only have one chance, right? Amen!

Lynn- hoping you are doing well! Both with the diverticuli and your back too! How is Jim doing?

Maggie- Genealogy is infectious- once you start, it is sooo cool to learn the stories of your history!

Off to get hubby to bed! Hugs to all

Shelly
So sorry Ray got hurt!! I hope he has a smooth recovery. Cant be easy being away from home though.
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #7365
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Thanks Kristie... sometimes I am not smart enough to figure out the codes... and obviously not the phone typing either. It's funny how our phones change what we write, isn't it?
Lol, it drives me crazy! Phones certainly have a mind of their own sometimes!
Old 11-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #7366
Insane Embellisher

Safe travels home, Shelly.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:30 AM   #7367

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-11-2017, 06:19 AM   #7368
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, safe travels home, my friend!

Waving to all!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 11-11-2017, 07:37 AM   #7369
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Thanks Kelly!

We are leaving in a bit- thought I would give you a laugh....must have left my shoes in Seminole at our friends home, as I have only my sandals to wear home..... Going to have some cool tootsies tonight!

Mom will be coming back on Tuesday. Thursday at dinnertime Mom had an episode of nausea and her B/P went up sky high. My sister discovered her AM pills were still sitting there....... so, she decided to take Mom to the ER in Rockford- about 30 min away. They told her high B/P was not an emergency, and did an EKG which was unchanged and sent her home. She was OK yesterday when I spoke with my sister, but very tired. She got on her Ipad and sent me an e-mail that said, "I miss you and I love you". That one I will save forever. My Mom usually has no clue how to send emails.....

OK off to pack! Have a great start to the long weekend!

Shelly
Old 11-11-2017, 07:41 AM   #7370

Safe travels, Shelly... and well wishes for mom and all of you!

Your sandals story reminds me of my mission trip to South Africa a number of years ago... December/January. It was summer there, of course. I wore flip flops for the flight - so comfy - but had shoes in my carry on to slip into as soon as I got to Chicago. Nope! Feet were so swollen there was no way to get them on... so I left the airport into about a foot of snow on the ground... in my flip flops. (I did get some mighty funny looks, especially when we stopped at a restaurant on our way home to get a bite to eat.)

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-12-2017, 07:03 AM   #7371
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning friends!

Shelly - shrimp, yum! Sounds like a great dinner. Glad Florida is rolling out the sunshine for you - our weather has been so nice! (not the usual 110* with the humidity factori!) Glad Ray is doing okay, albiet tired and on cruches.

Thanks, Maggie - he was excited to go and learn! We are already thinking of what do to next year. By then, he'll have to audition for high school. It's only a year away!

Today I am attending a meeting at the school as the district has a proposed middle school name change - what's up with that! We don't know if it's a done deal, or we get to vote - but who just up and changes a school name without cause. It doesn't even have a name (like of a person) so it makes ZERO sense. An insider - who works downtown - told me it will cost upward of a million dollars - yes, MILLION - to make the change ...... dude! put that money towards supplies and media center needs, etc! Politics, I guess!

Enjoy your day, all!
That is crazy to change the name of the school for no good reason. I'm not sure I agree with the craze about changing names, pulling down statutes, etc. Of course, I'm not one that is affected by all that either.
Save
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
ksmile1978 likes this post.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:05 AM   #7372
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning--it seems like so long ago that I was here and lots of chatter in that time! Looks like everyone else is also busy.................. The conference was great and I was quite lucky as I won two vendor prizes--but I gave both away as they were not something as a retired AD I would use. I also won money in the 50/50 raffle and was one of 7 winners in the final district door prizes-a package worth over $800. It includes a stay in a B&B in Ashland, which is on Lake Superior, on the far northern part of Wisconsin. It also included gift cards and items from various places in Ashland, including passes for the ferry to Madeline Island and a cruise around the island, plus $100 cash! Yay for me!!!!!!!

I got home yesterday afternoon and then we went out to dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant before going to a concert by Tommy Emmanuel--a famous guitarist. It was wonderful, but ended 10:30! We then had to stop at Rebecca's work to get her car and drive home separately. The freeway was also closed just before our exit and we found out today it was a fatal accident as the driver of a stranded car tried to across the road--yikes! We did not get home until after 11:30, so I am still a bit tired this morning and trying to adjust to the time change yet.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Wow!
That is fabulous Barb!
Old 11-12-2017, 07:13 AM   #7373
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Barb, love the graphic! I love the changing leaves and blowing piles - here, all we get is dust bunnies blowing around, LOL!

Well, Maggie, thank you for channeling good thoughts for little man! Sadly, the list came out and he wasn't chosen - bah! He scored the highest but I'm sure she chose the right acts for reasons that make sense. He was bummed but that's okay - we are learning and we had a blast! We might even try to sneak in a trip to Disney (Orlando) in December but that depends on cars working - or not, LOL!

Barb, congrats on your prize! Wow! Enjoy!

GIRLS! 45 days until Christmas!!!!!!!!!!! I'm. not. ready!!! Wow, so much to do - but first, Thanksgiving!

Waving!
Sorry for little man. That stinks! Hope you're able to go to Disney.

Yes, first Thanksgiving. I need to remind all the family to get their Amazon Wish Lists up to date.

I added some things to mine yesterday. While I was housecleaning yesterday, I was going through my book shelf to purge out some that I didn't want to keep and I realized that my Harry Potter books were gone. Also gone were 2 books out of a series of another series of books. I can't imagine that I would have given those books away to anyone except family and my girls and DGD's all have their own copies. I don't know how they could have been taken though. It's a mystery. So, I had to add all those books to my wish list.
SaveSave
Old 11-12-2017, 07:19 AM   #7374
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Safe travels, Shelly... and well wishes for mom and all of you!

Your sandals story reminds me of my mission trip to South Africa a number of years ago... December/January. It was summer there, of course. I wore flip flops for the flight - so comfy - but had shoes in my carry on to slip into as soon as I got to Chicago. Nope! Feet were so swollen there was no way to get them on... so I left the airport into about a foot of snow on the ground... in my flip flops. (I did get some mighty funny looks, especially when we stopped at a restaurant on our way home to get a bite to eat.)
That is a pretty funny story. That is strange that your feet were swollen. Do they do that because you were flying?

Old 11-12-2017, 07:20 AM   #7375
Quacker Stamper

Happy weekend. Yesterday was housecleaning day. I also had a repair guy come over to check my water meter to see if there was a leak and also had him replace the flapper and handle on my commode. First he told me I didn't have a leak. When he opened the lid over the water meter, he said it was full of dirt. No way could they have been reading my meter. The issue is that back about the beginning of Summer, my water bill went from about $25 to $80. I called them and they said to check for a leak. Now I'm going to call them again and have them come out to actually read my meter.

I also found 2 more caterpillars and a bunch of eggs. I saw a Monarch flying around my yard looking for places to lay eggs. Guess she found some places. My niece is on her way over to get these 2 since she has the milkweed plants to feed them.
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #7376
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Jeanette- so funny about your flip flops!

Glad you stopped in Kristi!

Maggie, I was lucky and found all of the Harry Potter books- a few hardcover- for my daughters classroom- $1.00 each : ) That is creazy about your meter reading!
SO cool about your monarchs and caterpillars!

My daughter came to pick us up at the airport, and stayed here all night. We had a nice visit. She went to visit a friend that just had a baby, but the baby was sleeping.

I spent the afternoon cleaning the fridge : ) It is white! I checked expiration dates and decided to throw out some other jars that we do not use or that I have had for a long time. Also, tackled some of the mail.....

We are going to Sunday mass at 8PM. I love this late mass- it is like Midnight mass- the church is not our regular church- it is older and very
beautiful.

Brrr- it is chilly and rainy here. We stayed in all day!

Shelly
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:50 AM   #7377

Maggie, I'm sorry your books are missing... might be the beginnings of a mystery novel for you to write. Yes, my feet always swell when I fly - and the South Africa flight was l-o-n-g (21 hours) so it's not surprising.

Welcome home, Shelly! How fun to find treasures for your DD's classroom!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:17 AM   #7378
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Make it a good one, anyway.......................
Old 11-13-2017, 06:28 AM   #7379
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy World Kindness Day!

Hugs to all of my favorite friends - you are LOVED! ♥
mschoener and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:19 AM   #7380

Hmmmm... It looks like Barb was tormenting the cat and Kelly was spreading kindness yesterday. Yep, nothing new.

FYI - I am leaving early tomorrow morning. I'm going out of state for the rest of this week to spend some time with my parents and my sister. So unless I pop in here again later today, you won't see me again until next week. Have a GREAT week!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-14-2017, 06:22 AM   #7381
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning. I get to spend all day in the stamp room today! I need to complete a couple of swaps, along with a few other cards. I had a card class yesterday and then a few errands. When I got home, I decided to cut the grass for the final time as it really, really needed it. We are to have warmer temperatures later this week, but who knows................... So, I started in the sunshine and 41 and ended at 38 and cloudy--brrrr. First time I think I have ever cut the grass with gloves and a hoodie! Have a Fantastic Day!
Old 11-14-2017, 05:52 PM   #7382
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Jeanette- so funny about your flip flops!

Glad you stopped in Kristi!

Maggie, I was lucky and found all of the Harry Potter books- a few hardcover- for my daughters classroom- $1.00 each : ) That is creazy about your meter reading!
SO cool about your monarchs and caterpillars!

My daughter came to pick us up at the airport, and stayed here all night. We had a nice visit. She went to visit a friend that just had a baby, but the baby was sleeping.

I spent the afternoon cleaning the fridge : ) It is white! I checked expiration dates and decided to throw out some other jars that we do not use or that I have had for a long time. Also, tackled some of the mail.....

We are going to Sunday mass at 8PM. I love this late mass- it is like Midnight mass- the church is not our regular church- it is older and very
beautiful.

Brrr- it is chilly and rainy here. We stayed in all day!

Shelly
Welcome home Shelly.

You were really lucky to find such a deal on those books. Funny thing is, the books that my DD said were hers were actually mine!!!! Yes, when I went over for dinner on Sunday, we got to talking about it and she went and looked at the books and 4 of them had my name in them. Then she started trying to tell me that the other books were ones that they purchased. NOT! She has all my books. If they had purchased some, I would still have some at my house, but I don't. Now if I can just remember who I leant those other 2 books to, that would be great!

I'm sure not looking forward to cold weather!
Old 11-14-2017, 05:53 PM   #7383
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hmmmm... It looks like Barb was tormenting the cat and Kelly was spreading kindness yesterday. Yep, nothing new.

FYI - I am leaving early tomorrow morning. I'm going out of state for the rest of this week to spend some time with my parents and my sister. So unless I pop in here again later today, you won't see me again until next week. Have a GREAT week!

Have a safe journey Jeanette. Enjoy your time with your family.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #7384
Quacker Stamper

I was supposed to go visit a friend tonight, but she emailed me earlier and said that they are either sick or getting over being sick, so not to come. It's just as well. I have a ton of school work to get done.

Tomorrow night I have the A/C guy coming to check my furnace before I turn it on for the first time. So far I have been able to just use my space heaters to take the chill off. But I'm bound to need the furnace sooner or later.

Old 11-14-2017, 07:04 PM   #7385
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Whoa to computer issues! I am so lucky to have a hubby that can fix mine.... unless like last time when the display went out......
Jeanette safe travels. Glad you get some time with your folks!

Kelly- great choice to go to the beach : )

Barb torments cats??? What......???

My brother's son has the flu, so looks like it will just be my Aunt coming to stay, and family meeting for lunch on Saturday. Not sure if it will be at my house or at a restaurant.

Cleaning ladies coming tomorrow- I have a little picking up to do. I have to be at church tomorrow AN at 7AM, so better get busy!

Maggie did you get the books back?

Hugs to all
Shelly
Old 11-14-2017, 08:02 PM   #7386
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Whoa to computer issues! I am so lucky to have a hubby that can fix mine.... unless like last time when the display went out......
Jeanette safe travels. Glad you get some time with your folks!

Kelly- great choice to go to the beach : )

Barb torments cats??? What......???

My brother's son has the flu, so looks like it will just be my Aunt coming to stay, and family meeting for lunch on Saturday. Not sure if it will be at my house or at a restaurant.

Cleaning ladies coming tomorrow- I have a little picking up to do. I have to be at church tomorrow AN at 7AM, so better get busy!

Maggie did you get the books back?

Hugs to all
Shelly
Ugh, I hate computer issues. I was having some tonight. I kept getting that "Not Responding" message and then my Firefox would crash. Happened about three times. After I rebooted the third time, it came up with a new look to Firefox, so I guess that was what was going on. And I don't like it.

Sorry about the flu bug hitting your family. Hope you still get to enjoy the time with your Aunt anyway.

No, I didn't take the books back. I just wanted to know where they were, so now that I know that she has them, if I ever do want them back, I know where to go to get them. I am still missing 2 books from another series which I guess I did loan to someone, but I haven't a clue who and they have not been forthcoming getting them back to me.

Ugh, I have so much work to do this week for school - writing papers. Can you imagine writing about your work! That is the topic for my Life Skills class this week. Sometimes I wonder how I am ever going to get through the next six weeks!
Old 11-14-2017, 08:23 PM   #7387

... see you next Monday!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #7388
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon. I had a early morning Humane Society meeting, then a few of us went out for breakfast. I stopped at the outlet mall to do a bit of shopping and a return, then a stop at Goodwill to make a drop off of two bags of donations. A quick check here on SCS and then heading to the stamp room. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Ladies!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2017, 05:24 AM   #7389
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Thursday!
Old 11-17-2017, 03:17 AM   #7390
Insane Embellisher

TGIF ladies!

Have a great day!
Old 11-17-2017, 06:54 AM   #7391
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends! I have a couple of errands this morning and then time in the stamp room to complete a swap to be able to get it postal. Tomorrow I am heading to Madison for the stamp show and I am taking a class from Brian at Craft Fancy. I hope you have a wonderful day and a great weekend!
Old 11-19-2017, 11:57 AM   #7392
Pearl-ExPert

Just wanted to tell everyone to have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I probably won't get back over until after it's all over with due to a crew of people coming in on Tuesday.
mcschmidty, mschoener and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:50 AM   #7393

Barb, I hope you had a great time at the Stamp Show... how was the class?

Kristie, it's good to see you!

Lynn, I hope you have a fabulous (and delicious) Thanksgiving!

I had a good trip and a great time with family. Now I am so far behind I may never catch up again. But... I guess it was worth it.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-20-2017, 07:24 AM   #7394
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Welcome home, Jeanette!

Can't believe it's arleady Thanksgiving! This week is going to fly by in a blur - and then it's time for Christmas already! Yikes!

Waving to everyone!
Old 11-20-2017, 07:33 AM   #7395
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--It is a Monday for sure as I am just getting to SCS now......... The stamp show was nice--not a whole bunch of new things that I needed, but I did get some items for foiling on cards. That means I need to get out the laminator and actually use the foil!
The class was nice and we made three cute Thanksgiving cards.

I am organizing and hopefully swapping the Christmas Card Swap today and maybe, even get them postal. I am crossing my fingers to get them all swapped for sure!

Have a Marvelous Monday!
Old 11-20-2017, 07:45 AM   #7396
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Just wanted to tell everyone to have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I probably won't get back over until after it's all over with due to a crew of people coming in on Tuesday.
Hope you have a great time with your family and/or friends. Don't stress too much.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:46 AM   #7397
Quacker Stamper

This is a busy week for our family. We do lots of family stuff and my cousin comes from Florida. She comes every year for Thanksgiving and then spends Christmas with her sister and all the rest of the family in Florida. Friday night we went to see Wonder. If you go, take a box of tissues with you. Yesterday we had dinner at my sisters with most of the family. I doubt whether I'll see them again until Thursday since I'm working and I have school work to finish up which I hope to do by tonight. Then I have a couple of cards that I'd really like to get done for DT's and swaps.

Cleaned house on Saturday finishing up the floors and then went with a GF to see Murder on the Orient Express. Really good even though I knew how it ended.

I put my laptop in the shop on Friday. It has been acting up and running really, really slow taking so long to load a page. Might just need a tuneup and a defrag. We'll see. I'm contemplating getting a new one especially since they haven't been able to upload Windows 10 on that one. Lucky I have a backup laptop that I've been able to use so I can get my schoolwork done.

I had butterflies flying all around my backyard on Saturday. I was going to pull up all the Passion Flower vine because it's gotten so wild and I hadn't noticed any caterpillars on it and it is the middle of November! Then when I went out Saturday morning to start pulling it out, I found at least a half dozen caterpillars and that afternoon there were a bunch of Frittalaries (butterflies) flying all around it. I guess I'll have more caterpillars. I also have 6 or 7 teeny Monarch caterpillars on one of my plants. I'm letting them go to see if they survive to become big enough to make a butterfly. If they do, I'll get my niece to come get them to feed them since I don't have much Milkweed in my yard.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:52 AM   #7398

Thanks Kelly!

Sounds like a busy day for you, Barb!

Maggie, I'm sorry you're having computer issues!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-20-2017, 10:36 PM   #7399
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

So who is cooking for Thanksgiving???

Maggie- hope your paper goes smoothly and that the computer fix works. There should be some great deals in the next week on computers : )

Jeanette- how is your Mom? Glad you are back and had a safe trip.

Lynn, sounds like a fun time in Texas!

Oh, I miss the beach! And the Sun! Kelly, lets all come visit you : ) Whats a few more folks at your table for Thanksgiving....

I finally had a little time to get in the stamping room today, and was able to get one swap completed. I made an ATC for a swap as well. My mom made her way up there before me and got out her coloring supplies all by herself. Pretty cool.

We had a crazy and fun weekend. My Aunt drove up with her neighbor. The neighbors daughter is pregnant and lives only 8 minutes from here. I do not think my Aunt has ever traveled out of town without my Uncle...ever- she is 84. She has a ton of allergies and rarely stays over at anyone's home (now since Peanut has passed, our house is OK). We had a blast chatting and all. Saturday both of my sisters and their hubby's, and my other Aunt came for lunch and stayed all afternoon. There was some eating, some story telling, piano duets and some sing-a-longs.

W had made plans to eat out with friends that night- as my brother was going to be in town.... They ended up coming over here, we ordered pizza and I had salad. It was so much easier for Ray with his broken leg..... I cannot eat dairy, so do not order or eat pizza, so it was a really nice treat for Ray too.

Well, Saturday night, Mom asked for a cough drop- her throat was scratchy. Oh she sounded and looked dreadful on Sunday- and it was raining and then snowing out- big fluffy snowflakes..... so she stayed in and we had her rest alot. Today she is a bit better, but very rattly, so I made an appt for her with pulmonary tomorrow. She has had nebulizer treatments and it helps a bit, but I think this time she needs an antibiotic.

She slept so much during the day yesterday, that she was up till 2 AM- just about time to see you coming and us going Jeanette! I was zonked today as a result, as I had a dentist appt this AM- just cleaning, no issues.... and Ray had a cardiology appt- Mom had to go with him as dentist was running late.

Tomorrow, I have piano early. I am not very smooth with playing the piano, but keep at it. My Aunt also plays by ear, and WOW, she plays beautifully. Almost as well as my Mom used to play.

Stephi comes home Wednesday night, and we are going to Ray's brother and SIL at noon -about 1 1/2 hours away, then to my sisters- another hours drive- for dinner at 5. Katie has to work-Starbucks- and will miss out on family, but will come home Friday and help me get the tree up and the lights and garland out- Ray always does that. Oh my! I love having the kids home. Stephi is home until Sunday midday.

So, what is your FAVORITE Thanksgiving food- did we already talk about this?
Shelly
Old 11-21-2017, 02:46 AM   #7400

Shelly, my mom is doing very well, considering. She is a bit more feeble but doesn't let it stop her. In fact, she might need to consider slowing down. Once she almost outran her feet trying to get to a phone that was on a charger across the room. Sheesh!

I loved hearing that your mom got out her own coloring stuff... sounds like she enjoys coloring while you do! I'm sorry she's been feeling poorly though. I hope it's not long until she's feeling better.

The time with your aunt/family is precious... I know you enjoyed that!

Thanksgiving... no, I'm not cooking. We've been invited to join a church family for their BIG Thanksgiving day gathering (they have 7 grown children and many grands, plus farm hands, former teachers of their children, pastors, and others that they invite). It is such fun. They have a HUGE machine shed (for their HUGE combines, tractors, etc) and they have the holiday meals in it. We are usually invited for several - the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, just to name a few.

Since we come from town, they always ask us to bring a couple of bags of ice, but I'll also make/take a dessert and/or salad.

SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.