Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-16-2017, 07:59 PM   #7241
Mad Swapper

It's late Tuesday afternoon and I can tell you all it's going to be a good one for you .

Had to go to Cambridge this morning (about 50 minutes drive north) for a scan as I was suspected to have a DVT in the leg that I injured last week - nothing urgent found, still waiting to hear back from the Dr's surgery regarding the detail...

have a great Tuesday friends
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:17 PM   #7242
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Oh dear Maxine sure am glad that test is negative! Keep up with the ankle exercises (pointing your toes and then toes to the ceiling,..... and keep moving! ) . Don't want those problems!

Sorry to hear about Aaron Rogers Barb- I did not watch football, so do not know what happened, just heard about it.

Hi Kristi- good to hear you are healing, and awesome about your hubby's eyes! Love seeing your fashion posts on IG !

Maggie- thank you for the beautiful card! I really enjoy it : ) I hope you get that computer fixed and new tires without any angst! And, hope your allergies improve! Mine are not doing terribly- but the rain and following mold levels going up has me just a tiny bit stuffy.

Hi Kelly! I hope you had a fun busy weekend! When I see your cards posted, I am thinking- she is making this on the go! LOL You .Go. Girl.!!!
Hope the BS event was interesting- and that is really early!

Jeanette is staying home for the weekend? What! And, by the way- do I see you are going to hostess a challenge for the Falliday! How fun is that!

We had a busy weekend, but I am happy that I took every available moment and made cards : ) Just for the fun of it- nothing like a bunch of great challenges : )

Mom is really having alot of pain from her RA (Rheumatoid arthritis) and from her fall. I finally got her some meds today. Hope they kick in quickly!
We had our last art class today, have next week off then start a new watercolor class. I really like the teacher we had!

I had dinner Saturday with 5 of the ATC ladies- have not been able to go to the exchange for a while. I had a bit of a hectic day- Mom bought a baking pumpkin, so when I woke up, it said bake me on it......So, I baked it, cleaned it out, pureed it..... made a double batch of pumpkin mix- baked 2 loaves of bread and a dozen muffins- blek.....awful! I realized- I forgot to add the sugar...... I added sugar to the last bit of mix, but they are still not as good as I expected them to be.... that took all day..... Oh well.

Yesterday was church and cardmaking! LOL Mom wanted to stay in, so that worked out well : ) I am trying to use older or unused stamps when I create for the Falliday challenges. I probably will not be able to keep up, but it sure is relaxing to me!

Today, breakfast with my piano teacher, and a friend that started taking piano when I told her I was taking it. Mom came with me- she loves bread and muffins, so although she had already eaten, she had a blueberry muffin and coffee. I have a free bagel for the entire month- this was my first one, but now Ray knows about it....LOL

Waving hello to Darlene and Kel!

Shelly
mschoener, ksmile1978 and Kiwime like this post.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:24 AM   #7243
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maxine, I'm sorry you are dealing with health issues... hopefully the news will be good news. (((HUGS)))

Shelly, I have to stay home for the weekend - someone has to be here for Brock and my DH will be in the Amazon this weekend. It's hard to believe it is time. And, yes, I'm hosting a Falliday challenge in a few days! I'm super excited!!!

I have a big meeting tonight - so will be prepping for that much of my day. We packed most of the stuff for DH's suitcases (3) last night. Tomorrow I will do a dab of laundry so he will have the last minute things he needs for his trip. We're getting close. He will do fine, but he's feeling a bit anxious right now. LOL! He's not the traveler his wife is.

Brock is fussing about missing work (and his Kelly) on Thursday to take his dad to the airport. I hope he cooperates at 5:00 AM on Thursday when it's time to get ready to go.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mschoener and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:31 AM   #7244
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Friends--Happy Tuesday!

ksmile1978 likes this post.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:25 PM   #7245
Pearl-ExPert

I've been missing action so long I don't even know where or what the action is! I'm here though and that's all that matters.

Shelly, that's great about the craft sale! Hope your mom's hip is doing somewhat better too.

Maggie, thanks so much for the pretty Halloween card! Love it. Wish you could teach me to color so pretty like that! I meant to write you last week when I got it but I've been in the hospital. Hopefully all is ok now - just diverticulitis, extremely low sodium, and very high blood pressure. I feel pretty good now so hopefully we can get all that under control. It's really not fun getting older!! Ugh!
Maxine, so sorry I missed your birthday! Hope you had a great one.
All else is rocking along here. Nice cooler weather for a change so I guess we're finally headed toward winter.
Hope everyone is doing good.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:25 AM   #7246

Mine will definitely be WacKy...this is the day for final preparations
as my DH leaves early tomorrow morning for the Amazon!
(So much to do; so little time!)

Lynn, it is so good to see you! Sorry you've been in the hospital. I hope you're doing much MUCH better now.

Barb, I hope your day yesterday was good - even if it was a bit squirrel'y.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:30 PM   #7247
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
It's late Tuesday afternoon and I can tell you all it's going to be a good one for you .

Had to go to Cambridge this morning (about 50 minutes drive north) for a scan as I was suspected to have a DVT in the leg that I injured last week - nothing urgent found, still waiting to hear back from the Dr's surgery regarding the detail...

have a great Tuesday friends
Sorry to hear about the possible DVT. I hope that it turns out to be nothing. I think it was last year that I went to a vein doctor because I had injured my right leg and had a lump that wasn't going away so I went to see if I had a clot there from the injury, but it was okay and finally the lump went away.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 10-18-2017, 02:34 PM   #7248
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Oh dear Maxine sure am glad that test is negative! Keep up with the ankle exercises (pointing your toes and then toes to the ceiling,..... and keep moving! ) . Don't want those problems!

Sorry to hear about Aaron Rogers Barb- I did not watch football, so do not know what happened, just heard about it.

Hi Kristi- good to hear you are healing, and awesome about your hubby's eyes! Love seeing your fashion posts on IG !

Maggie- thank you for the beautiful card! I really enjoy it : ) I hope you get that computer fixed and new tires without any angst! And, hope your allergies improve! Mine are not doing terribly- but the rain and following mold levels going up has me just a tiny bit stuffy.

Hi Kelly! I hope you had a fun busy weekend! When I see your cards posted, I am thinking- she is making this on the go! LOL You .Go. Girl.!!!
Hope the BS event was interesting- and that is really early!

Jeanette is staying home for the weekend? What! And, by the way- do I see you are going to hostess a challenge for the Falliday! How fun is that!

We had a busy weekend, but I am happy that I took every available moment and made cards : ) Just for the fun of it- nothing like a bunch of great challenges : )

Mom is really having alot of pain from her RA (Rheumatoid arthritis) and from her fall. I finally got her some meds today. Hope they kick in quickly!
We had our last art class today, have next week off then start a new watercolor class. I really like the teacher we had!

I had dinner Saturday with 5 of the ATC ladies- have not been able to go to the exchange for a while. I had a bit of a hectic day- Mom bought a baking pumpkin, so when I woke up, it said bake me on it......So, I baked it, cleaned it out, pureed it..... made a double batch of pumpkin mix- baked 2 loaves of bread and a dozen muffins- blek.....awful! I realized- I forgot to add the sugar...... I added sugar to the last bit of mix, but they are still not as good as I expected them to be.... that took all day..... Oh well.

Yesterday was church and cardmaking! LOL Mom wanted to stay in, so that worked out well : ) I am trying to use older or unused stamps when I create for the Falliday challenges. I probably will not be able to keep up, but it sure is relaxing to me!

Today, breakfast with my piano teacher, and a friend that started taking piano when I told her I was taking it. Mom came with me- she loves bread and muffins, so although she had already eaten, she had a blueberry muffin and coffee. I have a free bagel for the entire month- this was my first one, but now Ray knows about it....LOL

Waving hello to Darlene and Kel!

Shelly
You're welcome for the card. Loved making them. The allergies have been killing me. Still coughing some, but not as bad as it was. My stomach muscles though are all sore from the coughing so I try not to, but you know how that goes, if you have to cough, you're going to cough.

Hope your mom is doing better.

Sorry about forgetting the sugar for the pumpkin breads and muffins. That would be a real turnoff. It sounds like you had a busy week.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:36 PM   #7249
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
I've been missing action so long I don't even know where or what the action is! I'm here though and that's all that matters.

Shelly, that's great about the craft sale! Hope your mom's hip is doing somewhat better too.

Maggie, thanks so much for the pretty Halloween card! Love it. Wish you could teach me to color so pretty like that! I meant to write you last week when I got it but I've been in the hospital. Hopefully all is ok now - just diverticulitis, extremely low sodium, and very high blood pressure. I feel pretty good now so hopefully we can get all that under control. It's really not fun getting older!! Ugh!
Maxine, so sorry I missed your birthday! Hope you had a great one.
All else is rocking along here. Nice cooler weather for a change so I guess we're finally headed toward winter.
Hope everyone is doing good.
Glad to see you here. You're welcome for the card. Glad you like it. I'd love to get together and color with you.

Oh, sorry to hear you were in the hospital. I hope that things are okay. Are you on HBP meds? Tell me. Older years are supposed to be our golden years! Ha!
Old 10-18-2017, 02:38 PM   #7250
Quacker Stamper

I have a lot to do tonight. I haven't even started packing yet for the weekend. I need to go by the Pet store and pick up some food for the kitties for while I'm gone.

Also need to kind of tidy up the house so my nephew-in-law is not grossed out by it.

Gotta get things all ready for school tomorrow night. I won't have much time then to do anything for the trip. I may have to take my computer with me to submit some classwork.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:39 PM   #7251
Quacker Stamper

Tired and ready to go home.

I did go out to lunch today with a GF who also has a birthday in October. We always have lunch to celebrate. Went to Panera. Food was good, but the conversation much better. We were there for 2 hours!
Old 10-18-2017, 02:46 PM   #7252
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon SCS Friends. I had a humane society meeting early this morning and was only home for about a half hour before I left again for a luncheon for the retired staff from where I taught. We do it twice a year and it is so fun to get together to catch up. Then, I had a couple of errands and also got my flu shot! I hope you too had a great day!
Old 10-19-2017, 12:46 PM   #7253

Hi Fellow Stamp Addicts!
I'm home from the airport run.

I'm gearing up for tomorrow - it's MY day to be a Falliday host. I'm soooooo excited! I hope you'll check it out tomorrow... and play along.

SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:18 PM   #7254
Mad Swapper

Hi fellow stamp addicts,

I'm finally back again - with another war wound and i have been banned from the garden on our first really fine weekend!! I was cutting down a hedge yesterday and one if the branched 'bit' me... the nurse that did my leg dressing, and then looked at my arm with the latest effort was not impressed and told me not to go into the garden ... I have to go up for another change of dressings on Monday, which is a public holiday, so the wait me be rather long..

At the moment I am trying to catch up on computer stuff, and then spend tomorrow and Sunday in the studio. Well that is the theory.

Hope your Mum has fully recovered Shelly

Maggie it sounds as though you weekend will be wonderful, but hectic if you have to do class work at the same time

Barb you really are one busy and very social lady - how do you find all the time - do you have a secret for finding more hours in the day??

Jeanette I hope your DH has departed and travelled well - how long is he away for?

Kelly I trust you have not been blocked in and imprisoned by all the traffic you have to navigate.... hopefully some of the damage is being cleared and the roads are a bit more passable.

Great to see both Lynn and Kristie call in - not good to hear that both have had their health battles. This growing old thing - I think the gold has a certain amount of tarnish on it!!

Any news of Darlene?? Kel???

Waving from a warm and sunny down under - and I am confined to barracks Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2017, 03:09 AM   #7255

Oh my, Maxine! I am so sorry you've been injured. I hope healing will be swift and go smoothly.

DH has landed in Manaus Brazil and is now on a 32-hour boat ride up the Amazon to get to their first ministry village. What an adventure. He comes home next Thursday.

I have my own adventure happening today, too - I'm hosting a Falliday Fest challenge. FUN!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-20-2017, 03:21 AM   #7256

Exclamation

Lookie! Lookie! My Falliday Fest Challenge is live...

From Trash to Treasure

I'm so excited!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 10-20-2017 at 05:23 AM..
Old 10-20-2017, 05:36 AM   #7257
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy Friday-It is Time to Dance!

I have a stamp class at my LSS this morning along with a stop at church to sign about 150, times 3, letters for our Stewardship Campaign. We have a kind of free weekend, so I am hoping to spend time outdoors as it is top be one of the last nice weekends this fall. Enjoy the Day and Have a Fantastic Weekend!
Old 10-20-2017, 05:47 AM   #7258

Look at Barb's chicken legs!

*snickering

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:24 AM   #7259

SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-21-2017, 06:43 AM   #7260
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday, Maggie!

And good morning, all! Heading out in a bit to take dd to work - then it's Michaels and Hobby Lobby (I have coupons and they are good only until today! 50% off and then 20% rewards on top of the 50%! woot!) It's also right next to ........ Starbucks ..... ahem .......... oh I meant to say Barnes and Noble! I love wandering in the bookstore

I wish you all a happy day!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 10-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #7261

Hi Kelly... cute graphic!

Happy Birthday, Maggie!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #7262
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Maggie- your birthday looks like a blast!

We spent our last afternoon of nice weather ....so we hear.... at the Morton Arboretum. It was mobbed, but not crowded where we were. We took a Tram ride around the East side- the maples are beginning to turn color, so it was pretty. In another week, the colors will be fabulous!

I wanted to stay home and stamp, but gladly went and enjoyed. We did dinner at Chipolte (yeah- yummy and no dishes), then went to 5PM mass.

Yeah- Jeanette- your cards for your challenge are awesome!

Shelly
Old 10-22-2017, 02:15 AM   #7263
Mad Swapper

Happy Birthday Maggie - hope you have a great one!!
Old 10-22-2017, 05:11 AM   #7264
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine,, so sorry about all the "bites" and wounds. May be a good idea to postpone the gardening/yard cleaning for a while now.

Shelly, the pictures are so pretty! Love it when the leaves change colors that way.

Kelly, you and my granddaughter and Barnes and Noble! She's only 10 and would rather spend the day there than anywhere else in the world. Every dime she gets for birthday's and Christmas goes straight to B and N. It really is a good place to get "lost" in though and I love it too.

Cooler weather has finally hit around here and it's so nice. Up to 90 yesterday but now we're looking at the 80's for a while I hope.
mschoener and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:23 PM   #7265
Insane Embellisher

Lynn, so sorry to hear you were in the hospital. I hope you are feeling better now.

Maxine, sounds like a break from the garden might be a good idea for a bit.

Shelly, love the pics! It was so warm here this weekend, no layers and drove with the windows down!

Maggie, I have loved following along with your bday trip on Facebook. Looks like you and your girls are having a great time.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:58 PM   #7266
Mad Swapper

Congratulations to our Jeanette who is this weeks SCS Featured Stamper!!!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:57 AM   #7267

Shelly, the pictures are AWESOME! I'm so glad you enjoyed the weather and had a nice outing - that included Chipotle! Thank you for compliment!

Lynn, it's so good to see you. We're cooler here, too... and our DD (who lives in the bush of Alaska) had their first snow these past few days. I think it snowed 4 days in a row. I guess winter has arrived for them.

Kristie, it's good to see you. How are you doing?

Awwww... thanks Maxine! I am super excited!

SaveSave
SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-23-2017, 05:05 AM   #7268
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Monday!
Old 10-23-2017, 11:57 AM   #7269
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, bless your heart - I hope that is the last stop at the hospital for you and you can begin the healing and resting part of your care That's so sweet about your granddaughter and her books - I was always ALWAYS bonkers about books! Every time we moved, which was often with our military family, and we landed at a new base, I'd hop on my bike and tool around the new town and find the library first!

Maggie - happy belated, though it looks form your photos you are having a good week!

SHelly - happy birthday to the twins!!!!! 29! I love the photo, of you ... and mom ♥
Beautiful place. I heard by Wednesday we will be getting weather in the 60's - yayyyyy!

I won't be on the rest of the week ....... so enjoy it, however you are spending it!

Hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 10-24-2017, 02:50 AM   #7270

Barb, did you have a good day yesterday? Mine was good... but it sure wasn't the day I expected it to be. LOL!

Kelly, you will be missed this week... be safe whatever the week has in store for you!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-24-2017, 05:07 AM   #7271
SCS RAK Coordinator

I had an OK day yesterday Jeanette. I had a card class in the morning and it was a bit chaotic. There were 16 ladies and a few are a bit high maintenance.........
Old 10-24-2017, 05:39 AM   #7272

Barb, I hope you were able to find a nice quiet corner in the midst of the chaos.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:16 AM   #7273
SCS RAK Coordinator

I did--just made my own cards are got out of there first!
Old 10-24-2017, 12:56 PM   #7274
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Hi Fellow Stamp Addicts!
I'm home from the airport run.

I'm gearing up for tomorrow - it's MY day to be a Falliday host. I'm soooooo excited! I hope you'll check it out tomorrow... and play along.

SaveSave
I was hoping that I'd get a chance to play in some of the challenges, but haven't had the time so far. Probably won't at this point.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:01 PM   #7275
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi fellow stamp addicts,

I'm finally back again - with another war wound and i have been banned from the garden on our first really fine weekend!! I was cutting down a hedge yesterday and one if the branched 'bit' me... the nurse that did my leg dressing, and then looked at my arm with the latest effort was not impressed and told me not to go into the garden ... I have to go up for another change of dressings on Monday, which is a public holiday, so the wait me be rather long..

At the moment I am trying to catch up on computer stuff, and then spend tomorrow and Sunday in the studio. Well that is the theory.

Hope your Mum has fully recovered Shelly

Maggie it sounds as though you weekend will be wonderful, but hectic if you have to do class work at the same time

Barb you really are one busy and very social lady - how do you find all the time - do you have a secret for finding more hours in the day??

Jeanette I hope your DH has departed and travelled well - how long is he away for?

Kelly I trust you have not been blocked in and imprisoned by all the traffic you have to navigate.... hopefully some of the damage is being cleared and the roads are a bit more passable.

Great to see both Lynn and Kristie call in - not good to hear that both have had their health battles. This growing old thing - I think the gold has a certain amount of tarnish on it!!

Any news of Darlene?? Kel???

Waving from a warm and sunny down under - and I am confined to barracks Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry about your war wounds Maxine. Hope you have been sprung and are feeling better now.

The weekend was Fabulous! We all had such a great time. We were busy with walking and touring and eating, seeing The King and I, shopping, more walking, more eating. Went on the river cruise and had a blast with the driver. He was so funny. Got some photos with him and he recommended a place for us to eat on Friday night which we went to. The food was very good and they had a Mariachi band and they played and sang Happy Birthday to me. I think my DD posted that on FB.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:03 PM   #7276
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Happy Birthday, Maggie!

And good morning, all! Heading out in a bit to take dd to work - then it's Michaels and Hobby Lobby (I have coupons and they are good only until today! 50% off and then 20% rewards on top of the 50%! woot!) It's also right next to ........ Starbucks ..... ahem .......... oh I meant to say Barnes and Noble! I love wandering in the bookstore

I wish you all a happy day!
Thank you!

Hahaha! Hope you enjoyed your trip to B&N! WTG on the coupons!
Old 10-24-2017, 01:03 PM   #7277
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Hi Kelly... cute graphic!

Happy Birthday, Maggie!
Thank you.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:05 PM   #7278
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Maggie- your birthday looks like a blast!

We spent our last afternoon of nice weather ....so we hear.... at the Morton Arboretum. It was mobbed, but not crowded where we were. We took a Tram ride around the East side- the maples are beginning to turn color, so it was pretty. In another week, the colors will be fabulous!

I wanted to stay home and stamp, but gladly went and enjoyed. We did dinner at Chipolte (yeah- yummy and no dishes), then went to 5PM mass.

Yeah- Jeanette- your cards for your challenge are awesome!

Shelly
Thank you. It was a lot of fun. Your outing looks like a nice time too. I would have like to have gone to the Botanical Gardens in San Antonio, but there wasn't enough time to do it all. We did kind of discuss going back again some time. There is a ton of stuff to do there that we didn't even get to and probably wouldn't even in another weekend.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:06 PM   #7279
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Happy Birthday Maggie - hope you have a great one!!
Thank you Maxine. I did! It was wonderful to be with my girls.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:07 PM   #7280
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Lynn, so sorry to hear you were in the hospital. I hope you are feeling better now.

Maxine, sounds like a break from the garden might be a good idea for a bit.

Shelly, love the pics! It was so warm here this weekend, no layers and drove with the windows down!

Maggie, I have loved following along with your bday trip on Facebook. Looks like you and your girls are having a great time.
Thanks Kristie. We did have a great time.