Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2017, 10:21 AM   #7201
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Friday! Wahoo!!!

We have a wedding weekend for my BIL and his new wife to be. Mom went to my sisters last evening.

Mom fell after a walk around the block. She was stepping into the house and slipped, fell hard and landed on her hip. She is swollen and has pain, so I spent the day yesterday in the ER. The doc decided that even though the hip X-ray was normal, that he wanted to do a CT, so in total- 10:30 AM until 4:15. I wish I had my Bible Study books with me, I had to come home and cram in what I had not finished. They did not give her anything to eat or drink all day, so made her food, got her packed- what a crazy day!

I am catching up today- we all offered to bring side dishes to wedding reception, so I am making a list now, have to shop and church 3-4 PM. Hubby is gone this PM, so I will have the house to myself and need to make a card for the wedding. 2nd marriage for both, but I still think I will go for a white card.

I got the sale report from the craft sale- made over $500.00, so thinking about buying a scan n cut...... They are $250.00 now, but I am hoping they go down a bit in the future. I am going to list a few items possibly on e-bay. Old SU dies- they go for a ton on ebay! I sold all of my Cricut cartridges to a lady in a FB group- and 20 Pan pastel doubles to a lady in my ATC group. I really need to NOT but any more until I get my craft room to a place of organization and not overload!!!

Maggie-I would sure love to attend your DNA class! We sent in DNA for both of my parents, Dad has no matches closer than a 2, my Mother has MANY 0 and 1 matches!
Hope you feel better soon and have a fun/very busy weekend! I could not stay well without my allergy shots I have decided.

Barb- I love how busy you are- I am not sure I could keep up with all of your energy! I sure would love to stamp more like you do. My SU rep moved to Florida last year, so I have not found one that makes as nice of cards as she did. (She did not leave her door open for us or I would have been there more than once a month- hehehe)

Jeanette- you like an adventurous life as well- God is good! I love Chipolte, and can't go a ton, as mom cannot have alot of salt..... AND, I am allergic to Soy, and they make all of their food with Soybean oil. (It is in everything- check your salad dressing...... : ( I guess it is cheaper than corn and other products).

Waving hello to all!

Shelly

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:29 AM   #7202
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Someone send me a beacon of light to point the direction to my house! I forgot where I live!

TGIF. For reals.

Today my daughter took her teaching certificate exam of 2017 - 606 possible questions! What an oddball number, right? They actually get 105 questions total, out of that 600+ - never know what ya get. While I waited for her, I popped into Michaels and got 4 of the $4 grab bags - then grabbed another - total of 5 and it filled my entire trunk! I cannot wait to see what's in there

Shelly, like you I don't need anymore craft stuff but a sale is sale I have gotten quite a bit of destash items that have been on my forever wish list so I feel really lucky there! WTG on your sales! That's massive!!! I know you will LOVE the scan and cut. My friends that have it adore it.

Wishing everyone a great weekend - mine will be filled with cleaning my house and random bursts of card making!

Hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
mschoener likes this post.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:04 AM   #7203
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts... Happy Cardmaking Day!

Barb, I hope you're enjoying all the activities of your day!

Shelly, congrats on the sale! Sounds like you did very well... and a splurge will definitely be something to look into. I wonder if it will be on sale somewhere around Black Friday/Cyber Monday time? I am sorry to hear of your mom's tumble. I'm glad they were thorough in checking her out, but I'm sure that was quite an ordeal for both of you! Enjoy your weekend... wedding... and just some time alone, too.

And lookie there... Kelly is dancing and shopping... and having a great weekend, I hope!

Brock and I are hanging out at the hotel a bit while DH is at his meeting. We'll also do a bit of shopping and have lunch before we pick DH up mid-afternoon.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 10-08-2017, 07:47 PM   #7204
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Baaaaaa, I can't believe the weekend is over! It went by quick! We had a fun but busy weekend, and tomorrow the rat race starts again!

Wishing you all a great start to your week!
Old 10-09-2017, 05:11 AM   #7205

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Kelly, it was a good weekend here... but yes, it's Monday again. Although for us, a "holiday" from work... Brock's not the happiest of guys about that.

It's Day #2 of Falliday - who's playing along so far??? I am, but I'm behind already. LOL!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-09-2017, 07:27 AM   #7206
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Everyone! It was a very busy few days. The Fur Ball Saturday night was nice, though the weather did not cooperate. It rained in the afternoon and early evening, but those attending had a good time I think. We had a couple of huge tents outside by the band and had set up some smaller ones between the doors and tents as a walkway. The silent auction, food and beverages were inside. I know our attendee count was done as I am sure many waiting to see what the weather was going to bring since it was advertised as being partially outside. We had a lot of food left and we brought some of it home and took to our church to refrigerate. I am picking it up this morning and taking to the Hope Center, a place in Waukesha that feeds homeless people. I have a few other errands today, so I may not make it to the stamp room....................... But, I hope you have a wonderful Monday!
Old 10-10-2017, 04:25 AM   #7207

It's a rainy day! YAY!!! We need rain so badly. Started with a storm coming in just before 4 AM. And I think it is to rain much of the day. (I was going to run errands today, but nothing too urgent, so I may put it off until tomorrow.)

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-10-2017, 06:09 AM   #7208
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy Tuesday--I hope you can dance too!

Old 10-10-2017, 06:44 AM   #7209
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Friday! Wahoo!!!

We have a wedding weekend for my BIL and his new wife to be. Mom went to my sisters last evening.

Mom fell after a walk around the block. She was stepping into the house and slipped, fell hard and landed on her hip. She is swollen and has pain, so I spent the day yesterday in the ER. The doc decided that even though the hip X-ray was normal, that he wanted to do a CT, so in total- 10:30 AM until 4:15. I wish I had my Bible Study books with me, I had to come home and cram in what I had not finished. They did not give her anything to eat or drink all day, so made her food, got her packed- what a crazy day!

I am catching up today- we all offered to bring side dishes to wedding reception, so I am making a list now, have to shop and church 3-4 PM. Hubby is gone this PM, so I will have the house to myself and need to make a card for the wedding. 2nd marriage for both, but I still think I will go for a white card.

I got the sale report from the craft sale- made over $500.00, so thinking about buying a scan n cut...... They are $250.00 now, but I am hoping they go down a bit in the future. I am going to list a few items possibly on e-bay. Old SU dies- they go for a ton on ebay! I sold all of my Cricut cartridges to a lady in a FB group- and 20 Pan pastel doubles to a lady in my ATC group. I really need to NOT but any more until I get my craft room to a place of organization and not overload!!!

Maggie-I would sure love to attend your DNA class! We sent in DNA for both of my parents, Dad has no matches closer than a 2, my Mother has MANY 0 and 1 matches!
Hope you feel better soon and have a fun/very busy weekend! I could not stay well without my allergy shots I have decided.

Barb- I love how busy you are- I am not sure I could keep up with all of your energy! I sure would love to stamp more like you do. My SU rep moved to Florida last year, so I have not found one that makes as nice of cards as she did. (She did not leave her door open for us or I would have been there more than once a month- hehehe)

Jeanette- you like an adventurous life as well- God is good! I love Chipolte, and can't go a ton, as mom cannot have alot of salt..... AND, I am allergic to Soy, and they make all of their food with Soybean oil. (It is in everything- check your salad dressing...... : ( I guess it is cheaper than corn and other products).

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Hope you had a fun time at the wedding. Sorry about your mom's fall and all the testing. I hope that she's doing okay. It's a miracle that she didn't break something.

WTG on the craft sale. That's awesome.

After I had my allergy testing done, they told me that I didn't need allergy shots. I stopped taking the Zyrtec and am going to try Allegra although I haven't started taking it yet. My poor nose is still all sore and raw.

What is the difference in family size between your mom and dad? Does she have lots of siblings and him not so many? I was able to find out some extended family information when I did mine, but if the relatives haven't done their DNA and put it on Ancestry, then you get nothing.

Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:46 AM   #7210
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Someone send me a beacon of light to point the direction to my house! I forgot where I live!

TGIF. For reals.

Today my daughter took her teaching certificate exam of 2017 - 606 possible questions! What an oddball number, right? They actually get 105 questions total, out of that 600+ - never know what ya get. While I waited for her, I popped into Michaels and got 4 of the $4 grab bags - then grabbed another - total of 5 and it filled my entire trunk! I cannot wait to see what's in there

Shelly, like you I don't need anymore craft stuff but a sale is sale I have gotten quite a bit of destash items that have been on my forever wish list so I feel really lucky there! WTG on your sales! That's massive!!! I know you will LOVE the scan and cut. My friends that have it adore it.

Wishing everyone a great weekend - mine will be filled with cleaning my house and random bursts of card making!

Hugs!
Good luck to your DD on her exam. When does she get the results?

Have you opened your grab bags yet? What did you get? I've been ordering stuff from Heartfelt Creations and the Papertrey Ink Make It Market Kits. One of these days I'll actually get the chance to play with them.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:48 AM   #7211
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Everyone! It was a very busy few days. The Fur Ball Saturday night was nice, though the weather did not cooperate. It rained in the afternoon and early evening, but those attending had a good time I think. We had a couple of huge tents outside by the band and had set up some smaller ones between the doors and tents as a walkway. The silent auction, food and beverages were inside. I know our attendee count was done as I am sure many waiting to see what the weather was going to bring since it was advertised as being partially outside. We had a lot of food left and we brought some of it home and took to our church to refrigerate. I am picking it up this morning and taking to the Hope Center, a place in Waukesha that feeds homeless people. I have a few other errands today, so I may not make it to the stamp room....................... But, I hope you have a wonderful Monday!
Sorry about the washout for your event Barb. That's nice though that you can do something special with the extra food and help those in need.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:50 AM   #7212
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

It's a rainy day! YAY!!! We need rain so badly. Started with a storm coming in just before 4 AM. And I think it is to rain much of the day. (I was going to run errands today, but nothing too urgent, so I may put it off until tomorrow.)

We've got that front coming through. It's looking rather gloomy outside and we may also get rain today. Just hope it clears off after work. I have a visit to make and hate to be out in the rain at night.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:53 AM   #7213
Quacker Stamper

I've been having some issues with my laptop keyboard at home. The "e" and "space" keys keep sticking, so as I'm typing, I'm missing letters and the words all run together. Sometimes I have to pound on the keys to get them to work. Not sure if that is something that can be fixed or not. Maybe it just needs to be cleaned out. No time right now to take it to the Geek Squad to have it looked at.

I made an appointment Saturday morning to get new tires on my car. I'm driving with my DD up to San Antonio on the 20th to meet up with my other DD for my birthday weekend, so I wanted to make sure the tires were good. Obviously since the car is only 3 years old and the tires already need to be replaced, the original tires were not good quality.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:13 AM   #7214

Look at Barb dance!

Maggie, I'm sorry you're having computer issues. UGH!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-11-2017, 12:29 AM   #7215
Mad Swapper

Oh Maggie I hope your computer is fixed soon - I rely so heavily on mine - I call it my social life in a tin!!

All well here if one discounts the webbed feet we are all growing. Although a Sister in Law spent a night with me on Monday, and where she lives the ground is saturated and the mint and rhubarb have both 'drowned' this winter!!

But the days are getting warmer and the dry spells seem to be getting longer....

Barb I never knew you could dance like that!! Awesome moves

Jeanette I'm glad you survived the weekend and had a quieter time with just you and Brock for some of it.

Kelly I do hope life gets back to something more like normal, but even last year you seemed to spend most of the time on the road!!

Shelly I hope your Mum is fully recovered from the fall and the shock of it, and that you enjoyed your weekend

Waving to you all from down under
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:41 AM   #7216

I'm looking for Smoochy... anybody seen him?

Maxine, yikes! Too much rain for you... I hope things dry out a bit!

SaveSave
SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-11-2017, 06:29 AM   #7217
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends. I was not able to locate Smoochy this morning as we had over 2 inches of rain overnight and we ALL know that camels are arid creatures. However, I know everyone, including Jeanette, would love some Ben & Jerry's instead!

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:48 AM   #7218
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

YAY Ice cream for breakfast! I like the way you think, Barb!

It's 7 pm somewhere ......

Finally mopped my floor after drop off and I just realized all my work is on my craft desk. Looks like I"ll be water gliding over there and then remopping!

I'm so far behind so I'll just wave and catch up later! ♥
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:25 PM   #7219
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Back in the saddle! LOL The wedding was a blast, although 2 long days! Luckily, they had beautiful weather : )

Mom is back and has no clue she was even gone. We rearranged her room so when she gets out of bed she does not have to roll on her sore hip. She gets up out of the chair and forgets about it and it grabs her- what happened to my hip? I must have fallen....... I am not sure if it is painful for her to not remember or not- hope not though!

I am trying to clean out a garbage bag (or a small grocery bagful counts too) a day for the next 30 days. LOL any room, any place in the house....closets, cabinets, drawers...... you name it. It is amazing how much stuff we have that we never use!

I meet my new ESL student from Ethiopia this Friday. It will be interesting- she has been in the US only 4 months and knows very little English. She has kids in their 20's, so a bit closer to my age from the sounds of things. I hope this time it works out better!

LOL, Kelly, isn't it nice to get the floors and kitchen all clean? It amazes me with just 3 of us here..... how quickly the floors and counters get messy : ).

Ice cream for b-fast Barb? LOL I cannot have ice cream....how about chocolate instead? It has been raining her since 4 PM yesterday as well.

Belated Happy Birthday to Maxine!!! Sorry I am late! I hope you had a fab spring weather kind of day! And, CONGRATS for GDT at Word Art Wednesday! Awesome for you, and your card is gorgeous too!!!

Maggie, hope your computer gets fixed quickly! What a pain!
Mom and Dad both come from very large families. The ancestral charts we make are very LONG and full!

Hugs to all!!!
Shelly
Old 10-12-2017, 02:53 AM   #7220
Mad Swapper

I had a wonderful day on the 10th, thanks Shelly, but I did finish it off by trying to take the skin off the back of one leg, just above the ankle. I cleaned and dressed it myself, pulling the edges together with steri-strips , rather than wait for an hour or more at the local ED. Went to the Dr's next morning to get it checked - the Nurse was impressed that I had the edges together so well with no puckers, so cleaned and redressed it. I go up again tomorrow for another dressing change. It's not deep, but my skin is pretty fragile and tears easily thanks to the Asthma meds...

Apart from that - we have had a sunny day today, and there are several more forecast - Yay!!

Waving good night from down under.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:15 AM   #7221

UGH! I hate when I miss important stuff. Maxine, dear friend, I am sorry I missed your birthday. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU! I say, have some more cake and ice cream... the celebration continues!

Kelly, how'd the water gliding go?

Shelly, what an awesome challenge for decluttering. I am impressed. I do plan to purge some and organize in deep places while DH is on his trip - he leaves a week from today.

I'd say something to Barb, too, but don't know what to say... since she hoarded Smoochy and thought ice cream would suffice. Sheesh!

SaveSave
SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-12-2017, 05:18 AM   #7222
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I hope your week is going well and that you have had some crafty time. I was able to finish a swap yesterday along with making a couple of other cards. I have a number of errands to do this afternoon and then a dinner out tonight. I hope you have a good day!
Old 10-12-2017, 05:25 AM   #7223

Hello Hoarder! Want to run my errands today, too?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #7224
Mad Swapper

I have run my Friday errands - and also went to visit somebody this morning, having set up the time, and they were not there - grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Had my leg dressed again today and a wonderful, techicolour bruise has come up

Tsk Tsk Barb - expecting us to eat ice cream for breakfast... and it was sunny here yesterday too.

Thank you for the birthday wishes Jeanette - I don't mind if they are late, it prolongs the celebrations.

Waving to Kelly, who is either water skating or driving - a lady with diverse interests I must say.

Oh Shelly, it must be tough to see your mother so confused... my heart goes out to you.

Anybody heard from Darlene of late? - it was great to see Lynn pop in for a moment the other day.

Kristie is alive - I see her on IG quite regularly, and trusting Kel is doing o.k. in her island paradise

Waving to you all from Down Under
Old 10-13-2017, 04:52 AM   #7225

I hope you aren't superstitious because it's...

Looks like there's a party going on at Maxine's house... I hope we're all invited. Belated birthday parties are great!

SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-13-2017, 05:33 AM   #7226
SCS RAK Coordinator

Yes, it is a Friday and it is the 13th. I am getting ready for Camp Stamp-in-Oga tomorrow. I need to make my two challenge cards and get things packed to work on. I will head there later this afternoon to help with set up and take my rummage items over. It will be an early morning tomorrow, so I will not be back here until Sunday or Monday. Have a "safe" day and a great weekend!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:24 AM   #7227

Barb, I know you'll have a great time!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-13-2017, 06:29 AM   #7228
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

LOL Maxine - water driving is more like it - it rains and rains. Wish so bad we could send this over to California!!!!

Have a fabulous time at your belated birthday party!

Today is FULL! Have to be back at the school by noon to help IN drama (at least it's not WITH drama, ha!)

I. do. not. like. middle. school.

Just sayin'!

Tomorrow I have to be with little man at a scout event at 5:45 am! YOWZA! Then zip across town by 2 pm for a genealogy merit badge for 3 hours - MAGGIE! You should come teach us! It's a 3 hour session on ancestry, etc Then church Sat. eve services since we will be gone all day out of town on Sunday - whew! Good thing I have my 'Bux to keep me fueled. This is going to be cah-razy!

So, have a HAPPY wekeend, all! I'll see you on Monday!
Old 10-13-2017, 06:32 AM   #7229

Kelly, you need one of those "ducks" - the tourist vehicles that travel on roadways and then right into the water. LOL!

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:01 PM   #7230
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Oh Maggie I hope your computer is fixed soon - I rely so heavily on mine - I call it my social life in a tin!!

All well here if one discounts the webbed feet we are all growing. Although a Sister in Law spent a night with me on Monday, and where she lives the ground is saturated and the mint and rhubarb have both 'drowned' this winter!!

But the days are getting warmer and the dry spells seem to be getting longer....

Barb I never knew you could dance like that!! Awesome moves

Jeanette I'm glad you survived the weekend and had a quieter time with just you and Brock for some of it.

Kelly I do hope life gets back to something more like normal, but even last year you seemed to spend most of the time on the road!!

Shelly I hope your Mum is fully recovered from the fall and the shock of it, and that you enjoyed your weekend

Waving to you all from down under
It works most of the time, so I'm not sure when I'll take it to have it looked at. Probably not until it really becomes a problem. I do have my other laptop in my stamp room that I can use so it's not critical.

Sorry about all the rain. I can relate to that. I love rhubarb! My Grandfather used to grow it when we lived with him while I was growing up He had a big garden. My mom used to cook it up and we'd eat it that way or in a pie.
Save
Old 10-13-2017, 05:02 PM   #7231
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning SCS Friends. I was not able to locate Smoochy this morning as we had over 2 inches of rain overnight and we ALL know that camels are arid creatures. However, I know everyone, including Jeanette, would love some Ben & Jerry's instead!

I don't think that's one of their low fat flavors.
Save
Old 10-13-2017, 05:04 PM   #7232
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Back in the saddle! LOL The wedding was a blast, although 2 long days! Luckily, they had beautiful weather : )

Mom is back and has no clue she was even gone. We rearranged her room so when she gets out of bed she does not have to roll on her sore hip. She gets up out of the chair and forgets about it and it grabs her- what happened to my hip? I must have fallen....... I am not sure if it is painful for her to not remember or not- hope not though!

I am trying to clean out a garbage bag (or a small grocery bagful counts too) a day for the next 30 days. LOL any room, any place in the house....closets, cabinets, drawers...... you name it. It is amazing how much stuff we have that we never use!

I meet my new ESL student from Ethiopia this Friday. It will be interesting- she has been in the US only 4 months and knows very little English. She has kids in their 20's, so a bit closer to my age from the sounds of things. I hope this time it works out better!

LOL, Kelly, isn't it nice to get the floors and kitchen all clean? It amazes me with just 3 of us here..... how quickly the floors and counters get messy : ).

Ice cream for b-fast Barb? LOL I cannot have ice cream....how about chocolate instead? It has been raining her since 4 PM yesterday as well.

Belated Happy Birthday to Maxine!!! Sorry I am late! I hope you had a fab spring weather kind of day! And, CONGRATS for GDT at Word Art Wednesday! Awesome for you, and your card is gorgeous too!!!

Maggie, hope your computer gets fixed quickly! What a pain!
Mom and Dad both come from very large families. The ancestral charts we make are very LONG and full!

Hugs to all!!!
Shelly
Glad that your mom is doing okay after her fall.

I think it's almost time to be changing out clothes preparing for the winter although it was up in the low 90's today.

Save
Old 10-13-2017, 05:06 PM   #7233
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
I had a wonderful day on the 10th, thanks Shelly, but I did finish it off by trying to take the skin off the back of one leg, just above the ankle. I cleaned and dressed it myself, pulling the edges together with steri-strips , rather than wait for an hour or more at the local ED. Went to the Dr's next morning to get it checked - the Nurse was impressed that I had the edges together so well with no puckers, so cleaned and redressed it. I go up again tomorrow for another dressing change. It's not deep, but my skin is pretty fragile and tears easily thanks to the Asthma meds...

Apart from that - we have had a sunny day today, and there are several more forecast - Yay!!

Waving good night from down under.
Wow! That's great that you were able to take care of your boo-boo.

Glad to hear that the sun is shining again.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:09 PM   #7234
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

LOL Maxine - water driving is more like it - it rains and rains. Wish so bad we could send this over to California!!!!

Have a fabulous time at your belated birthday party!

Today is FULL! Have to be back at the school by noon to help IN drama (at least it's not WITH drama, ha!)

I. do. not. like. middle. school.

Just sayin'!

Tomorrow I have to be with little man at a scout event at 5:45 am! YOWZA! Then zip across town by 2 pm for a genealogy merit badge for 3 hours - MAGGIE! You should come teach us! It's a 3 hour session on ancestry, etc Then church Sat. eve services since we will be gone all day out of town on Sunday - whew! Good thing I have my 'Bux to keep me fueled. This is going to be cah-razy!

So, have a HAPPY wekeend, all! I'll see you on Monday!
A busy weekend for you.

I also do not like middle school - actually I don't like the kids that are in middle school. They are always so into stuff.

Have fun with the Ancestry.
Save
Old 10-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #7235
Quacker Stamper

I came down with an allegy attack last week. Started last Tuesday. I was home from work the rest of that week. Back this week, but it's been pretty easy. My boss was busy or out of town. He was out yesterday and today. i had some extra time, so I left work early. So nice. Still have a cough and blowing my nose which is so sore from all the blowing. I started taking a new allergy med - Allegra instead of Zyrtec, which didn't seem to be doing anything for me.

I do have my early morning tomorrow getting those new tires and made the appointment for 8 a.m. I want to get that done as early as possible. I have a trip to the PO to mail packages to my DGD's for Halloween. I'll need to make a trip to the grocery store for a few things and to Lowe's.

I've had a few minutes here and there to work on some cards. I really miss not having so much time to work on projects. I could stay in mine all day also. I have so much I want to do.

School has been going pretty well. I have an A in both classes. This coming week I have a lot to do and my DD and I are driving to San Antonio to meet up with my other DD for a girls' weekend to celebrate my birthday. I'm off on Friday and we'll drive up then and then back on Sunday.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:48 AM   #7236

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-14-2017, 03:41 PM   #7237
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies,Sorry to be so MIA. September was quite busy with work and I can’t seem to multitask much! Crafting has taken a nosedive as well. I started October with getting an infected cyst removed removed from my back. I will hopefully be getting the stitches out on Monday. I do have some good news. My DH had an eye appt last Monday and he is doing really well. He is 7 months post-op and didn’t need any laser treatments or shots. He doesn’t have to go back until February!

Tomorrow we are going to see my nephews and niece. It has been several weeks since we have been there. I won’t be able to lift or hold the little ones but hopefully they will forgive auntie this one time!

Maggie, thank you for the Halloween card. I really like it! Usually I am on top of decorating for the season and holiday but with being busy and then not be able to lift with the stitches, decor has not happened yet, probably won’t at this rate. I can’t believe it’s the middle of October already.

I have still been doing a lot of reading. It helps keep my mind relaxed.
mcschmidty, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:41 AM   #7238
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon Ladies--Happy Sunday! It is another gloomy, dreary, rainy day here. We had lots and lots of rain yesterday--more than 2 inches--so it was a great day to be at Camp Stamp-in-Oga. We had nice time and I won a door prize-a new stamp set along with one of my challenge cards was also a winner. I also sold over $50 worth of rummage items and only bought $16 worth myself! I also finished two sets of cards (8 & 16 cards) for my LSS swap, one due this month and the other in November.

Today is kind of a lazy day--watching football and not much else....................
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:30 AM   #7239

Find Me on Instagram

Old 10-16-2017, 06:34 AM   #7240
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Stamping Friends! Happy Monday! I hope you have an awesome week!