In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2017, 01:01 AM   #7161
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

GRRRRRRRRR - don't know what happened, but when I typed the above I had the word congratulations really big!!!
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:16 AM   #7162
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!






Yep, Kelly, it looks like you need to up your game - aka ditch the bun - because added to your list of Maggie's new do and my new specs, Maxine also has a new Do now! So how did that 4:00 hour look this morning?

Congratulations Shelly! Maxine, you are so good to keep up in the know on things. I don't know how you do it! But THANK YOU for keeping us informed.

Maggie, did you find anything out regarding Paisley? I sure hope everything is going to be okay.



SaveSave
SaveSave
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:14 AM   #7163
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,736
Default

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Tuesday!!!! I have had a busy few days away and it has been catch-up-morning at home too! I am finally getting to post in my threads and then I get to go to the stamp room and catch up there too! I hope you have a fantastic day!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:32 AM   #7164
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,969
Default

Hello and waving from college campus!

I don't feel any smarter, but I'm getting some coloring done! LOL!!!!!!!
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:07 PM   #7165
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post


Woohoo - look at this - Jeanette with her new specs, Maggie with her new 'do, I'm feeling like I should take my hair out of a bun or something, LOL!!

Land sakes, the barista messed up my Starbucks today and gave me 4 shots of expresso instead of 2 - I'll be up til Wednesday!!!! She understood (don't ask me how) double the double - lord. have. mercy. But it was free so I'm not complaining. I"ll be just see Jeanette at about ......4 am! Online! LOL!

Maggie - sending up prayers for Paisley. Let us know what happens!

And I see Tinker cat is growing, growing so big Maxine!

Shelly - is your stamp sale at your house? When we had an LSS, I would browse those. amazing scores! Good luck with yours!

Waving to everyone!
Were you able to get to sleep after that quadruple espresso shot??

The vet seems to think part of Paisley's problem is a bladder infection. Not sure though. Couldn't get a urine sample because she emptied her bladder in her crate on the way to the vet as well as making a mess in there. Luckily it wasn't all over her by the time we got there. They kind of cleaned her up once we got there and luckily they took us right back to a room after we arrived.

The other thing is probably just her age. She'll be 18 in January. She lost almost 2 pounds since I had her there before. That may be due to the IBS that she was showing signs of before I changed out her food. The vet said since she is eating well and her p**ps are firm and not soft anymore that we'll just let her go and keep an eye on her, which is my thought too. I'll keep her separated from the others so she can eat her own food that seems to agree with her. She doesn't like any of the other cats anyway, so I'm not taking her away from her best bud or anything. The vet did say that she may continue to lose weight and kind of just waste away. I think as long as she's eating well, that there's a chance that she may stick around for awhile yet.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:59 AM   #7166
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!







Barb, did you catch up?

Kelly, I think coloring on campus must make you look like an art major... very smart!

Maggie, I'm glad Paisley's situation isn't something serious. And you are keeping such a watchful eye and giving her the care she needs. She might just stick around a very long time.
SaveSave
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:32 AM   #7167
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,736
Default

Look who I found this morning, hanging out in the cooler temperatures that we have today:



I was able to get caught up yesterday and I did spend a bit of time in the stamp room and I also went over to Sarah's to make the cards from the class I missed on Monday. She was not home and her studio is always open, so she left the four baskets of supplies out and I made my four cards! No major plans for today, other than a trip to Costco!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #7168
Pearl-ExPert
 
jimlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,564
Default

Surprise and I'm here again!

All is the same around here I guess. Nothing exciting or news worthy at all. Last week was a nightmare running to doctor, dentist, hospital for different tests and such. I figured that this week would be wonderful with nothing in particular to do. Wasn't to happen though as I ended up at the doctors office one again. We're already on first name basis and everyone thinks we're probably dating each other now! The old, and I mean OLD, back started going out again over the weekend so figured I'd better get on something and try to stop it before ending up in the hospital again. Groan!

Jim's rocking along - SLOWLY but that's how it is now.

Been raining for a couple of days which we needed so bad. I don't like Halloween - yes, I'm one of those that just doesn't care for it at all - but did get a couple of cards done to send to the grands. That's a plus! Now, we just need some fall temps around her. It actually got back up to 103 one day last week. Typical Texas weather though.

Hope everyone is doing ok!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:28 PM   #7169
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Smoochy!!! THANK YOU, Barb... all is well in my world now.

Lynn, it is so good to see you! I'm sorry your back is giving you fits. I hope it's better soon!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:49 PM   #7170
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Hi all! Busy day here at work and trying to get all my lessons checked off so I'll be ready for my classes (the Gathering) tomorrow night. Every time I say that, I think it's so funny. Sounds like a witches coven or something - gathering. Anyway, I'm about ready as I'll ever be for that.

Lynn, so good to see you. Sorry about your back. I hope that you caught it in time and can get it back in shape.

Barb, I can't believe your friend leaves her house open like that so you can just go in anytime. That would not happen around here.

Jeanette, are you home for awhile now?

I had lunch with a GF from work today and she gave me some sad news. Seems she's been fighting breast cancer now for the last 9-10 months and hadn't had the chance to tell me. She's been wearing a wig, but told everyone that she had cut her hair really short and was letting it grow in her natural color (gray), when in reality she had chemo and of course, it all fell out. It hasn't been the easiest time for her, so I know that she will be so happy for some prayers.

Waving Hi to the rest of the Stamp Addicts!
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:54 AM   #7171
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!







Maggie, I am so sorry to hear of your friend's health situation. I'll be praying for her! Now, about me being home for a while... funny you should ask...

Today is my last day of preparations. I leave bright and early tomorrow morning to head to our state convention offices. I'm leading crafts (with a co-leader) for the children's event. We're anticipating as many as 200 children. Ay yi yi! Wish me luck. I'm kind of tired of pumpkins. LOL!

Unless I pop in here again at some point today you won't see me again until Monday. Have a great weekend!

__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:15 AM   #7172
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,736
Default

Good Morning Stamping Friends--I hope you have a Terrific Thursday!

Maggie--Sarah lives out in the country at the end of a road and her studio was a detached garage. It is always open............................
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:53 AM   #7173
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,736
Default



Good Morning--Happy Friday and the start to the last weekend in September........... That means fall is here and our cooler temperatures are finally here too. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:15 AM   #7174
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,969
Default

Seriously DONE with this week, LOL. Hello all and happy Friday! I can't even TELL you how many miles I have logged in the SUV this week from all the schools/commute/traffic/jams/construction/hurricane debris! On Monday alone it took me ........... get this ....... 2 hours and 20 minutes to get my son to school - ONE WAY!!!!!! It just is out of control here. But I won't complain - it won't last forever and I don't plan to live here forever!!


Cards, coloring, blogging ......... gotta figure out how to do that from the road! Tried crafting in the car - 10/10 don't recommend



Some good news! My son is now a thesbian! Yay! He came up with skit and monologe and didn't tell any of us - just auditioned and made one of the lucky 12 spots! He's a natural, he really is. Has such a sweet personality and is funny as all get up ........ and he's a chatterbox ......


just
like
his .....
dad.


HAHA! If you ever met my dh, you'd probably look away - he's a serious sort! Comes with the job, I suppose. There me - all sunshine and rainbows and gabbing away and then there's him. Soooooooooooooooo serious. Snort! (but he's a gem, I promise! His 'poker face' is part of his profession, I guess!)


I'm at Starbucks waiting on dd to get out of class.



Maggie - I am sorry to hear about Paisley not having an definite answers 18 is a long life for a cat - what a blessing ♥


Hi Lynn! Slow but surely is good for me! Glad you are okay ~ it's getting harder and harder for me to sign on every day, too.


Jeanette - have fun in the 'pumpkin patch' - sounds like some lovely minds are about to be enriched by God's beauty!


Waving to everyone!!!!!




__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:52 PM   #7175
Proud Fan Club Member
 
mcschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 5,166
Default Hi!

The sale is over- I worked a 3 hour shift today, picked up my unsold items, then went apple picking with my sis, her husband and my niece Dori . Mom, Anne and I went out for dinner afterwards. Mom had a gentleman flirting with her at the restaurant - that happens alot.....lol


Ray is off golfing this weekend- Mom and I are on our own. I leave written instructions for my Mom for the AM in case she gets up and comes downstairs before me : )


Hope to create tomorrow so I can finish my Challenge your Stash Washi card! I have not had enough time to create- I NEED that hehehe


Kelly- Oh I hope that 2 hour commute is not your new normal- it the area under repair now? Hopefully! Are you bringing along watercolors or Copics or Pencils......


Maggie- wow- 18 is not young for a cat- lucky you- I hope the issue gets resolved quickly.


Jeanette- safe travels and please post a pic of the project the kids made!


Lynn- waving hello! Slow and Steady I hope!


Barb- how fun you can go to your SU reps studio whenever! Very cool!


I have better get to bed- Mom went upstairs 2 hours ago. She will be up e.a.r.l.y......... ugggg!


Waving hello to all!


Shelly
__________________
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
Visit My Instagram HERE DT for  Jan's Digital Stamps
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:38 AM   #7176
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

G'Mornin' Fellow Stamp Addicts!
I just couldn't bring myself to say "good" in light of the news from Las Vegas.





Barb, did you have a good weekend? (I'm loving the wee-bit cooler temperatures... and the trees are starting to change colors, too!) Happy Belated Birthday!

Kelly, yep, it was a week, wasn't it? I hope this one is a bit easier for you! I had to giggle at you saying DS gets it from his "dad" because I've heard you speak before of how your DH is quiet/serious. LOL! Congrats to the little man for being a thespian! He will excel... and love it, too!

Shelly, I'm sorry, I was so busy with all those little peeps that I didn't get a picture. Silly me! I hope you were able to sleep in a bit while Mom read the instructions and carried on without you.

The children's event was awesome! We had so much fun and they enjoyed the pumpkin craft. A perfect time with all of those littles.

But me-oh-my! The farmers are sure kicking up a dust storm (corn/soy bean dust) and I came home a mess. My allergies are worse than normal because the dust is worse than normal. I've been surviving on lots of meds (which I very rarely take for my allergies). The good news is... it won't last long. Harvest is moving right along and I suspect it will be finished in our area within a week or two.




SaveSave
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."


Last edited by Forest Ranger; 10-02-2017 at 05:58 AM..
Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:26 AM   #7177
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,736
Default

Morning Ladies! I too am sad about what happened overnight in Las Vegas. So Frustrating.................... Thank you for the birthday wishes. I had a pretty calm weekend as we spent much of it outside, painting the deck. Woot Woot, way a way to celebrate! Rebecca took me out to dinner Friday night at a nice Thai place and then we went to see Guys and Dolls at our Rep. Theatre. It was great! I hope you have a good start to the new week in a new month!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:57 AM   #7178
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Hi Barb... you know how to party, don't you? Of course, when you're older-than-dirt, I suppose just being physically able to paint the deck is a blessed surprise.
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:47 PM   #7179
Mad Swapper
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: my address
Posts: 1,841
Default

Will somebody please tell Barb and Jeanette to play nice !! Squabbling on line - I don't know....

So sad to hear of the Las Vegas shooting - that is terrible


All well down under at the moment - drizzly rain today - seems that spring is only visiting on Saturdays currently. I do have nearly two dozen lettuces in the garden, silverbeet, beetroot. cabbages and brocolli and seed germinating (I hope) on the window sill. At least two zuchini/courgettes are showing signs of life


Shelly you really have a pretty full-on life don't you - with the care of your mother is it good that you had to retire when you did and you are not torn between her care and the job.


Jeanette you leave me so far behind with your busy life - somedays I feel exhausted just reading about it


Barb feel free to escape winter and come and paint the stair railings here... and craft with me too.


Kelly you are a hoot - popping into the shops while on your school run - great excuse to swing by them and browse though - and buy . Congrats to your young man too.


Maggie I don't know how you do all that you do - take care that you don't run yourself into the ground. As I have said in the past, I have learnt when to back off as something had to give, and it wasn't going to be me!!!


Kel and Kristie - hope you are keeping well and ejoying the change of season


Lynn it was great to see you here the other day - hope you have beaten the 'back' this time, and slow is ok if that is what it is... somedays you just have to roll with whatever comes your way, and if it's slow, so be it.


Waving to you all from the Antipodes.
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
I design for Word Art Wednesday
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:45 PM   #7180
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Maxine, I was behaving... it was all Barb's fault. Someone needs to put her in the naughty corner.
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:33 PM   #7181
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning Stamping Friends--I hope you have a Terrific Thursday!

Maggie--Sarah lives out in the country at the end of a road and her studio was a detached garage. It is always open............................
Wouldn't it be nice to live that way again where you didn't have to worry about whether you locked the door when you left home?
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #7182
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post


Seriously DONE with this week, LOL. Hello all and happy Friday! I can't even TELL you how many miles I have logged in the SUV this week from all the schools/commute/traffic/jams/construction/hurricane debris! On Monday alone it took me ........... get this ....... 2 hours and 20 minutes to get my son to school - ONE WAY!!!!!! It just is out of control here. But I won't complain - it won't last forever and I don't plan to live here forever!!

Cards, coloring, blogging ......... gotta figure out how to do that from the road! Tried crafting in the car - 10/10 don't recommend

Some good news! My son is now a thesbian! Yay! He came up with skit and monologe and didn't tell any of us - just auditioned and made one of the lucky 12 spots! He's a natural, he really is. Has such a sweet personality and is funny as all get up ........ and he's a chatterbox ......

just
like
his .....
dad.

HAHA! If you ever met my dh, you'd probably look away - he's a serious sort! Comes with the job, I suppose. There me - all sunshine and rainbows and gabbing away and then there's him. Soooooooooooooooo serious. Snort! (but he's a gem, I promise! His 'poker face' is part of his profession, I guess!)

I'm at Starbucks waiting on dd to get out of class.

Maggie - I am sorry to hear about Paisley not having an definite answers 18 is a long life for a cat - what a blessing ♥

Hi Lynn! Slow but surely is good for me! Glad you are okay ~ it's getting harder and harder for me to sign on every day, too.

Jeanette - have fun in the 'pumpkin patch' - sounds like some lovely minds are about to be enriched by God's beauty!

Waving to everyone!!!!!

Wow! Is that traffic tie up from the hurricane? That's unreal that it should take you that long to drive. I'm so glad that ours is back to normal again. All the roads are open and working again.

That's super cool about your son. I didn't know he was so gifted. But I think the word you were looking for is "thespian."

Thank you about Paisley. She seems to be doing okay. She lets me know in the morning and in the evening that it's time to eat her wet food. They are all spoiled rotten!
Save
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:45 PM   #7183
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
The sale is over- I worked a 3 hour shift today, picked up my unsold items, then went apple picking with my sis, her husband and my niece Dori . Mom, Anne and I went out for dinner afterwards. Mom had a gentleman flirting with her at the restaurant - that happens alot.....lol

Ray is off golfing this weekend- Mom and I are on our own. I leave written instructions for my Mom for the AM in case she gets up and comes downstairs before me : )

Hope to create tomorrow so I can finish my Challenge your Stash Washi card! I have not had enough time to create- I NEED that hehehe

Kelly- Oh I hope that 2 hour commute is not your new normal- it the area under repair now? Hopefully! Are you bringing along watercolors or Copics or Pencils......

Maggie- wow- 18 is not young for a cat- lucky you- I hope the issue gets resolved quickly.

Jeanette- safe travels and please post a pic of the project the kids made!

Lynn- waving hello! Slow and Steady I hope!

Barb- how fun you can go to your SU reps studio whenever! Very cool!

I have better get to bed- Mom went upstairs 2 hours ago. She will be up e.a.r.l.y......... ugggg!

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Sounds like you and your mom are having fun times. Tell her to watch out for those slick older men.

Paisley is doing well in the storage room. The food that I'm giving her seems to agree with her - no tummy issues and no throwing up, so it's a win-win for all of us.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:49 PM   #7184
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
G'Mornin' Fellow Stamp Addicts!
I just couldn't bring myself to say "good" in light of the news from Las Vegas.



Barb, did you have a good weekend? (I'm loving the wee-bit cooler temperatures... and the trees are starting to change colors, too!) Happy Belated Birthday!

Kelly, yep, it was a week, wasn't it? I hope this one is a bit easier for you! I had to giggle at you saying DS gets it from his "dad" because I've heard you speak before of how your DH is quiet/serious. LOL! Congrats to the little man for being a thespian! He will excel... and love it, too!

Shelly, I'm sorry, I was so busy with all those little peeps that I didn't get a picture. Silly me! I hope you were able to sleep in a bit while Mom read the instructions and carried on without you.

The children's event was awesome! We had so much fun and they enjoyed the pumpkin craft. A perfect time with all of those littles.

But me-oh-my! The farmers are sure kicking up a dust storm (corn/soy bean dust) and I came home a mess. My allergies are worse than normal because the dust is worse than normal. I've been surviving on lots of meds (which I very rarely take for my allergies). The good news is... it won't last long. Harvest is moving right along and I suspect it will be finished in our area within a week or two.
That was terrible news from Las Vegas. So sad. I just don't understand what makes people tick.

Sorry about the dust and your allergies. Hope you get over that quickly.

Happy birthday Barb. I'm so behind in my cards. I made a list last night of everyone that I need to send a card to. Hopefully I'll have a few minutes this week to get some of them in the mail.
Save
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:54 PM   #7185
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Will somebody please tell Barb and Jeanette to play nice !! Squabbling on line - I don't know....

So sad to hear of the Las Vegas shooting - that is terrible

All well down under at the moment - drizzly rain today - seems that spring is only visiting on Saturdays currently. I do have nearly two dozen lettuces in the garden, silverbeet, beetroot. cabbages and brocolli and seed germinating (I hope) on the window sill. At least two zuchini/courgettes are showing signs of life

Shelly you really have a pretty full-on life don't you - with the care of your mother is it good that you had to retire when you did and you are not torn between her care and the job.

Jeanette you leave me so far behind with your busy life - somedays I feel exhausted just reading about it

Barb feel free to escape winter and come and paint the stair railings here... and craft with me too.

Kelly you are a hoot - popping into the shops while on your school run - great excuse to swing by them and browse though - and buy . Congrats to your young man too.

Maggie I don't know how you do all that you do - take care that you don't run yourself into the ground. As I have said in the past, I have learnt when to back off as something had to give, and it wasn't going to be me!!!

Kel and Kristie - hope you are keeping well and ejoying the change of season

Lynn it was great to see you here the other day - hope you have beaten the 'back' this time, and slow is ok if that is what it is... somedays you just have to roll with whatever comes your way, and if it's slow, so be it.

Waving to you all from the Antipodes.
Sorry you're having drizzly rain, but if it didn't rain, you wouldn't have all those wonderful foods.

I'm doing well. No worries here. School is going well, a lot of reading and writing.Tonight I went to a GF's house to try out a lesson on her. It went swimmingly! That is one thing that I don't have to worry about. My body tells me when it's time to hit the sack.
Save
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:15 AM   #7186
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!








SaveSave
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:00 AM   #7187
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,736
Default

Good Morning Stampers and Creative Ladies! I hope you have a fun Tuesday!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:55 AM   #7188
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,969
Default



Hi friends!

Raining again here today - and watching the rain fall from off campus, waiting on dd. Today's class is crazy - could be 20 minutes, could be an hour ....... one never knows, lol.

The commute is crazy - EVERY. DAY. there is no rhyme or reason - the trash piles are so massive, you can't navigate and the roads are clogged. We play an adventure every day finding new ways and shortcuts, but the average commute - there and back is 2 hours. The school is 20 MINUTES BY CAR from my house! We thought about walking, but it's not a straight walk so with zigs and zags it would take an hour. I joke one day we'll see kids walking passed the car as I'm stuck on the highway - ROFL!

Thespian - typo! LOL! Yes, I did know that as I typed it up for the ad booklets and at the booster minutes! Mommy brain and fat fingers

Oh Shelly, I am an avid veggie lover so your garden sounds DIVINE!

Waving to all!
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:42 PM   #7189
Proud Fan Club Member
 
mcschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 5,166
Default Hi!

Hello there- here we are in October and it is in the 70's here! Yep- and, like Jeanette, my allergies are flaring up. It is very very dry here as well. We had such a unique day- with the dry weather- we had bird after bird coming to our bird bath. All. Day. Long. Ray took some awesome pictures. Robins, as it turns out- are possessive of their alone time in the bird bath....LOL All of the birds run when Turtle Doves come along. Cardinals wings look brown when totally wet : ) We had sparrows, Chickadee's, finches.....

Barb- Belated Happy Birthday!!! Glad you celebrated. How B.I.G. is your porch? How often do you have to paint the deck?


Kelly- so sorry for the long trip- crazy! I hope the roads are repaired and you get back to shorter commute times soon!
So, your son is a Thespian- theater? Or Music? I need more info...LOL


Maggie- we still live in an area where people leave their houses open. All of the suburbs of Chicago have been experiencing kids from gangs in Chicago coming out and breaking into cars- and stealing some too. Heavens, means we have to remember to lock the cars if they are outside...... LOL
Glad the kitten is better with a change in food. How will you keep her away from the other cat food?


Jeanette- glad the craft went over well! Yes- the farmers are already out in the fields harvesting- no drying needed here. It is crazy!


Maxine- wow- sounds like you have quite the garden! You must not have bunnies that eat everything like we do, or you have a way to keep them out of your garden! This year, we planted lots of tomatoes- I love the little bite sized ones : )


Waving hello to everyone else!!!


Shelly
__________________
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
Visit My Instagram HERE DT for  Jan's Digital Stamps
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:08 AM   #7190
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!



Barb, I hope you had a fun day yesterday, too! (And I hope to see Smoochy today!)

Kelly, that is a long commute. I can't imagine. Yikes!

Shelly, the birdwatching at the bird bath sounds fun! If you're like me, due to allergies, you're staying inside as much as possible, so I hope you could see the bird bath from a window.

__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:50 AM   #7191
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,736
Default

Good Morning Ladies! We had a bit of rain overnight, first in about 3-4 weeks I think. Our lawn is pretty brown and the ground is very hard, but I hope some soaked in. It looks like we are to be in a rainy pattern for the next few days. We have our annual fund raiser for the humane society Saturday night and most of it will be outside, under a few large tents alongside a building. We moved the date from March to the fall as we had a hard time finding a venue that suits the event. One of the concerns for this location has been the weather and it seems so ironic that for the past few weekends, not a drop of rain. But, this Saturday, they are now forecasting thunderstorms! Yikes--I hope that changes..........................

I organized and swapped out all of the cards for the birthday swap yesterday and all of the packages are in a PO bin, waiting to get postal today. YAY--that is always a good feeling to get those all done...............
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:59 AM   #7192
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,736
Default

Shelly--our deck is big as it is a wraparound on two sides. There are 11 eight foot sections! We hired a guy this summer to sand and seal the deck itself--he also had to replace hundreds of screws. It looks nice. So, the spindles and railing needed staining/painting, so that is what we have done. All of the "inside" sections are done, so I think we are more than 2/3's of the way. But, the outside is a bit more of a challenge with ladders around shrubs. We had major work on the support of the deck done 4 years ago and that has not been stained, so it is time! It will look great when done. How often? Probably every 7-8 years. We looked at replacing it with composite deck, but the cost was prohibitive. I think to change to metal spindles and rails in the future--so no painting there! So--a long answer to your short questions!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:28 AM   #7193
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!






I'm heading to the city today - have an order to pick up - and of course I'll enjoy Chipotle and Starbucks, too. I have to be home early tough, as I have a meeting here this evening.

Then tomorrow/Saturday Brock and I are going with DH to another city, where he has his last meeting regarding his mission trip to the Amazon. I can hardly believe that is in just about 2 weeks. The time is approaching quickly.

AND.......... Falliday begins on Sunday! WOO HOO!!!


__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:41 AM   #7194
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,736
Default

Good Morning Ladies! I have a couple of errands to do today along with some time in the stamp room. I hope you have a Terrific Thursday!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:23 AM   #7195
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello there- here we are in October and it is in the 70's here! Yep- and, like Jeanette, my allergies are flaring up. It is very very dry here as well. We had such a unique day- with the dry weather- we had bird after bird coming to our bird bath. All. Day. Long. Ray took some awesome pictures. Robins, as it turns out- are possessive of their alone time in the bird bath....LOL All of the birds run when Turtle Doves come along. Cardinals wings look brown when totally wet : ) We had sparrows, Chickadee's, finches.....

Barb- Belated Happy Birthday!!! Glad you celebrated. How B.I.G. is your porch? How often do you have to paint the deck?

Kelly- so sorry for the long trip- crazy! I hope the roads are repaired and you get back to shorter commute times soon!
So, your son is a Thespian- theater? Or Music? I need more info...LOL

Maggie- we still live in an area where people leave their houses open. All of the suburbs of Chicago have been experiencing kids from gangs in Chicago coming out and breaking into cars- and stealing some too. Heavens, means we have to remember to lock the cars if they are outside...... LOL
Glad the kitten is better with a change in food. How will you keep her away from the other cat food?

Jeanette- glad the craft went over well! Yes- the farmers are already out in the fields harvesting- no drying needed here. It is crazy!

Maxine- wow- sounds like you have quite the garden! You must not have bunnies that eat everything like we do, or you have a way to keep them out of your garden! This year, we planted lots of tomatoes- I love the little bite sized ones : )

Waving hello to everyone else!!!

Shelly
We've been having warm weather here too. Of course, we are in H Town. I think another cool front is coming next week which is good because it will keep Nate away from us. Feel sorry for those who will be impacted by it.

Here I always notice that the birds seem to take a vacation from the bird feeder for a few weeks this time of the year. I'm also plagued with allergies. It seems to hit me twice a year - Spring and Fall. I've been home from work for two days now. Always starts with a scratchy/sore throat and then goes into runny nose and cough. And I have to go to class tonight and teach a lesson.

Paisley is in a separate small room, my food storage room. She's not happy about it, but as long as I feed her, she's doing okay. It's the only way to take care of her.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:27 AM   #7196
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!



I'm heading to the city today - have an order to pick up - and of course I'll enjoy Chipotle and Starbucks, too. I have to be home early tough, as I have a meeting here this evening.

Then tomorrow/Saturday Brock and I are going with DH to another city, where he has his last meeting regarding his mission trip to the Amazon. I can hardly believe that is in just about 2 weeks. The time is approaching quickly.

AND.......... Falliday begins on Sunday! WOO HOO!!!

Have fun time in the city. Sounds like a good weekend too. What is "Falliday"?
Save
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:34 AM   #7197
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 139,756
Default

I have a busy weekend coming up in addition to my school work. I need to go to the grocery store on my way home from work tomorrow night. Hopefully I'll be back to work tomorrow. Saturday morning I'm going to a couple presentations at the Houston Genealogical Forum. One is on DNA and the other is about Roots Magic (which is the software I use). Saturday evening we have a pot luck dinner at church as a thank you to all those who helped with Hurricane Harvey cleanup. Then Sunday is dinner at DD's house. We haven't gotten together for dinner since Harvey. I'm making dessert - banana bread brownies - yummy!
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:16 AM   #7198
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!






We three (DH, Brock and me) are leaving later this morning to head to DH's last meeting for his mission trip - they're packing team supplies. We'll get home late Saturday night and this is our third Sunday in a row that involves worship at one church, immediately head to another church for lunch and a homecoming service, home for a wee bit and then back to church again. It is tiring but fun, too.

I do plan to take my computer with me on our trip today/tomorrow, but I'm not sure how much time I'll have, nor what Brock and I will be doing, so I may or may not be online. So if you don't see me again until Monday, don't be surprised. And just in case, let me say... have a GREAT weekend!


__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:22 AM   #7199
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a teeny tiny town
Posts: 125,957
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Have fun time in the city. Sounds like a good weekend too. What is "Falliday"?
Save


Maggie, every year SCS does Falliday... there are challenges (2 per day) and then some bonus activities, too. People who participate and do all 30 challenges plus some of the bonus activities have an opportunity to win some amazing prizes - like $25-50 gift certificates from stamp companies and such. (I won a prize last year - was so exciting!)


Here's a link...


Falliday Fest Challenge Forum - Splitcoaststampers
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member and a Fan Club member
DT/s: The Project Bin - Victorine Originals



Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:07 AM   #7200
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012
 
barbaralynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wonderful Waukesha Wisconsin
Posts: 74,736
Default

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Friday! I have hostess club this afternoon and stamping Bingo tomorrow morning at Sarah's. This morning, I am heading to our venue for the Fur Ball to help with set up and will head there early tomorrow afternoon too. This will be a busy weekend and the weather is a bit iffy--but I am crossing my fingers it is OK tomorrow night for the event! We will continue to work on painting the deck on Sunday and I am really hoping we finish it!

Have a Fantastic Weekend!
barbaralynn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off