Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-29-2014, 07:44 AM   #681
Pearl-ExPert

Darlene, mercy me on that weather up there! Come to Texas - or even Florida!!! LOL!

I've only used the digi papers a couple of times and printed it out on plain old GP Walmart card stock. The last pieces I printed out for a card were just exactly like you'd buy in the store. The first ones were sorta faded looking. It may have to do with where I got them. Both were free so I didn't have to worry. Just wondering - since I've seen bloggers use them before.

Fishing! Y'all are too funny! I LOVE TO FISH! Now as far as biting off the fishes head...probably not! LOL! I love the feel of a fish though - slimy and all! HA!!! It's really so much fun - worms and all. Jim and I haven't been in a while but will soon I'm sure. It's a good way to get dirty that's for sure.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #682
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Hello friends!

Hmmm, I'm trying to get a sore throat also...but I refuse, LOL. Not allowed. Hope Jeanette & Maggie don't have theirs for long.

Barb: would love to see pics of the Estate Sale, sounds like loads of work though.

Crazy weather here. On Monday it made me wish that the window AC's were in. It was hot and humid. Tuesday & Wednesday I actually turned the heat on for about 10 minutes. And last night it got down to 38 degrees!!! Sheesh.

Kristie: how's the hand? Sure hope that it's better by now.

Fishing: grew up fishing in WA state. My dad & uncles were such jokers! The first fish I caught, was told that I wouldn't be considered a REAL fisherman unless I bit the head off of the trout. They stopped me just in time, laughing like crazy! I was either 4 or 5 at the time. Then they gave me my first pocket knife (still have it too!) and showed me how to clean the fish. So my "ewwwww factor" was a bit higher than Jeanette's, LOL.
Also learned how to clean clams about the same age. It really was a great childhood, lots of outdoor fun.

Digital Papers: haven't tried them at all. Wondered whether the colors would really come through the way I expected. Plus, I don't know what type of paper to use, what would stand up to that much ink, you know what I mean? What type of papers do any of you use with the Digital Papers?

Off to the office grind now...So glad it's a short week, Thursday already! Woo hoo!
Ewww on your fishing experience. LOL! They almost got you.

Hope you don't get a sore throat either. My throat almost cleared up, but I still feel feverish with a low grade one and just overall yucky. Stayed home again today. I hate using up my PTO to be sick.

My experience with the digi paper that I've printed off are that they are fabulous. The colors are vibrant when needed and subdued when they are supposed to be. I print mine off on a cheap light weight cardstock which holds the ink very well and gives it some body. The last card I have on my blog for OSAAT used digi papers.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 05-29-2014, 08:57 AM   #683
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

My internet has been challenging; it doesn't seem to like SCS yesterday or today. I could go other places online but it kept freezing up when I'd try to come to SCS. The same thing this morning. UGH! Anybody else having problems - or is it just me?

OH MY! Eeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!! Darlene, there is NO WAY I could do that! EEK!!!

Lynn, nope, I don't use them.......... I have TONS of DP and have no need to print my own.

Maggie, sorry you're not feeling better. (Me either, in fact I'm much worse than I was. I hope mine is gone before my trip - I leave for my journey to Thailand 2 weeks from today!)

Maxine, how are things down in your part of the world today?

Barb, cute cow!
No problems for me with SCS this morning. Yes, I'm still home. The throat is feeling somewhat better, but I still had a low grade fever this morning so decided it was better to take that extra day and hope that it will clear up. Got a tickle in my throat now that makes me want to cough all the time. Guess I should take some Robitussin DM. Sorry that you're feeling worse Jeanette. I do hope it's cleared up in 2 weeks. What do you take for yours?

The only time I've printed out digi paper to use is when I had something special and not the right color or pattern to use. I do like that you can get just what you want.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #684
Pearl-ExPert

Question ladies! I know y'all get tired of mine questions but here goes anyway.
I'm still trying to get all the yahoo and gmail stuff sorted out on blogger. Under where you have "who can comment" do you have anony, registered, or what. I had mine set like Shelly said to do it but think I've "un-set" it somehow. Ready to throw this baby out the window!!!!!!! LOL!
Old 05-30-2014, 04:10 AM   #685
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Oh Maggie, I'm sorry you're still not well. Glad you were able to take another day at home to rest. (How is today going?)

I hope I'm well in two weeks, too. I should be. Unless the exposure to what I'm allergic to hangs around, it's usually gone within two weeks. ummmmmmmmmmmm... what do I take? Nothing. Just time. When I was a child, the doctor told my parents there really wasn't anything that worked successfully with allergies like mine, so just ride them out. They'd give me something if I had a fever, but otherwise, nothing. I'm sure there are some newer ideas now (and newer medicines) but I really rarely take any medicine. I don't like the way meds make me feel - all jittery inside. So I just ride it out. Works for me. Now, that being said, if I'm not improved within the next 4-5 days, I might be visiting the local pharmacist and asking for some advice on a med to take... because so far, I'm seeing no improvement and I'll be gone in 2 weeks and want to be well before I go.

Lynn, I do not let "anonymous" peeps comment on my blog - and that has made a world of difference. I had TONS (literally thousands) of spam comments that I had to delete one-by-one before I switched to that.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 05-30-2014, 06:28 AM   #686
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Mine is listed as registered users. I too used to all anonymous, but also got a bunch of spam once. No problems now. I allow instant posting of comments--I know Jeanette and others have "Comment Moderation" where they have to accept each one. I have not had issues with instant posting--knock on wood!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
I'm still trying to get all the yahoo and gmail stuff sorted out on blogger. Under where you have "who can comment" do you have anony, registered, or what. I had mine set like Shelly said to do it but think I've "un-set" it somehow. Ready to throw this baby out the window!!!!!!! LOL!
Old 05-30-2014, 06:31 AM   #688

Hi Barb! Yes, I do have comment moderation turned on... but it's so I'm sure to see the comments. I would hate to miss seeing what someone has to say about my projects.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-30-2014, 06:33 AM   #689
SCS RAK Coordinator

Oh--that is a good reason!

Quote:

Hi Barb! Yes, I do have comment moderation turned on... but it's so I'm sure to see the comments. I would hate to miss seeing what someone has to say about my projects.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:39 AM   #690

It works best for me.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-30-2014, 06:56 AM   #691
Pearl-ExPert

Thank y'all so much. I have it as Registered User - Open ID right now. I think that's best. I talked to another girl early and she has hers as Google readers and they're automatically published. She said that she does get spam still on occasion though. I'm going to leave it like this for now. I was having so much trouble with Yahoo so have a different e-mail address now even though I can still get things through yahoo. Eventually I'll close out the yahoo account. I finally got it all changed on blogger - but now the comment notices go to gmail as they should but then after I publish them, another notice is sent to yahoo!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!! Craziness!
Old 05-30-2014, 07:08 AM   #692
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Sounds like a good Summer - busy, but not so hectic as when school is in.

Can't wait to see photos of the garden. Wish I lived closer so I could benefit from that.
Right! We are sitting waiting by the garden bed (yes, Lynn, it's raised! Forgot to answer that!) hoping for sprouts, lol. Yesterdays torrential rain will either be the best thing for that that garden or a big disaster, we aren't sure yet! But THIS HEAT ........ Lynn is right, Texas and Florida right now are blistering. We were over 100 the other day and it's only May! Now every time it rains(daily in the summer in Florida!) it's humid and muggy and sticky!

Lynn, I'm sorry you are having PC troubles! I hope you get it all worked out I'm clueless. I usually just point to the problem with my teenager
As for the comments, my SPAM catcher gets almost all over them - only once in awhile one sneaks through. It works for me for now, so why change it - the more things I mess with, the wonkier the blog gets so I just tend to leave it alone! I had a blog crash, lost EVERY picture, even with a back up save, and I really, REALLY do not want to go through that again.

Shel, congrats on your graduating nephew!! Tis the season!! Any big plans for the graduate and college choices?

Just got back from taking dh to the auto dealer - his car started acting funny so we dropped it off. On the way back, I treated myself to a Starbucks (YUM!!) and came in through the door, the dogs were SO excited to see me (though I had JUST LEFT 20 minutes before!!!) they knocked it right out my hands and onto the floor it went. Literally .... 5 bucks for a coffee (shameful, I know!) seeping all over the tile.

For a split second, I actually thought about getting on the floor and lapping it up! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

That was painful to get out the pine-sol and mop up! I seriously wanted to cry!

Digi papers - I've only used them once. And echo the comments that the color saturation is different not to mention it uses a TON of ink, which in our HP printer is super expensive! It's cheaper to just use all the 5 billion dsps I have

Feel better hugs to all those not well!
x0x0
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 05-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #693
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I have mine set for Anyone to comment. Since I'm on a bunch of DT I think that is best. Any Anonymous posts go to my spam.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #694
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh Maggie, I'm sorry you're still not well. Glad you were able to take another day at home to rest. (How is today going?)

I hope I'm well in two weeks, too. I should be. Unless the exposure to what I'm allergic to hangs around, it's usually gone within two weeks. ummmmmmmmmmmm... what do I take? Nothing. Just time. When I was a child, the doctor told my parents there really wasn't anything that worked successfully with allergies like mine, so just ride them out. They'd give me something if I had a fever, but otherwise, nothing. I'm sure there are some newer ideas now (and newer medicines) but I really rarely take any medicine. I don't like the way meds make me feel - all jittery inside. So I just ride it out. Works for me. Now, that being said, if I'm not improved within the next 4-5 days, I might be visiting the local pharmacist and asking for some advice on a med to take... because so far, I'm seeing no improvement and I'll be gone in 2 weeks and want to be well before I go.

Lynn, I do not let "anonymous" peeps comment on my blog - and that has made a world of difference. I had TONS (literally thousands) of spam comments that I had to delete one-by-one before I switched to that.
I'm still at home. I can't shake this low grade fever that pops up every day. And I have a dry hacking cough that won't quit and some tummy issues today. I didn't bother with the doctor either because I know what he would tell me - rest and plenty of liquids.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:00 PM   #695
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Thank y'all so much. I have it as Registered User - Open ID right now. I think that's best. I talked to another girl early and she has hers as Google readers and they're automatically published. She said that she does get spam still on occasion though. I'm going to leave it like this for now. I was having so much trouble with Yahoo so have a different e-mail address now even though I can still get things through yahoo. Eventually I'll close out the yahoo account. I finally got it all changed on blogger - but now the comment notices go to gmail as they should but then after I publish them, another notice is sent to yahoo!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!! Craziness!
My blogger account is with my gmail e-mail address, but all my notices come to my Yahoo account.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:03 PM   #696
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Right! We are sitting waiting by the garden bed (yes, Lynn, it's raised! Forgot to answer that!) hoping for sprouts, lol. Yesterdays torrential rain will either be the best thing for that that garden or a big disaster, we aren't sure yet! But THIS HEAT ........ Lynn is right, Texas and Florida right now are blistering. We were over 100 the other day and it's only May! Now every time it rains(daily in the summer in Florida!) it's humid and muggy and sticky!

Lynn, I'm sorry you are having PC troubles! I hope you get it all worked out I'm clueless. I usually just point to the problem with my teenager
As for the comments, my SPAM catcher gets almost all over them - only once in awhile one sneaks through. It works for me for now, so why change it - the more things I mess with, the wonkier the blog gets so I just tend to leave it alone! I had a blog crash, lost EVERY picture, even with a back up save, and I really, REALLY do not want to go through that again.

Shel, congrats on your graduating nephew!! Tis the season!! Any big plans for the graduate and college choices?

Just got back from taking dh to the auto dealer - his car started acting funny so we dropped it off. On the way back, I treated myself to a Starbucks (YUM!!) and came in through the door, the dogs were SO excited to see me (though I had JUST LEFT 20 minutes before!!!) they knocked it right out my hands and onto the floor it went. Literally .... 5 bucks for a coffee (shameful, I know!) seeping all over the tile.

For a split second, I actually thought about getting on the floor and lapping it up! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

That was painful to get out the pine-sol and mop up! I seriously wanted to cry!

Digi papers - I've only used them once. And echo the comments that the color saturation is different not to mention it uses a TON of ink, which in our HP printer is super expensive! It's cheaper to just use all the 5 billion dsps I have

Feel better hugs to all those not well!
x0x0
LOL! 5 second rule would apply. Sorry about your lost Starbucks.

Hope there's nothing serious wrong with DH's car. I need to get mine in for an oil change.
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:07 AM   #697

Oh, Kelly - that would make me so sad losing the 'Bux on the floor!

Maggie, sorry you're still sick. I am hoping you'll be well enough to enjoy your weekend!

Lynn, I know so little about techy stuff with the computer - so little that I'm a danger to my computer, I fear.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-31-2014, 01:19 PM   #698
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey girls! Oh Maggie, wish I had thought of that 5 second rule, LOL! It was painful, let me tell you! And I'm sorry you are still sick -- hopefully you'll be on the mend soon and it will pass over quickly. 4 days is a long time to be sick

Hi Jeanette! What is your launch date for Thailand? I see you over on Pinterest with me, lol! Our VBS this year is a spy theme, too! In fact, the girls went to their 4 hour training this morning as they are leaders when it starts next week (june 6th) Should be fun!

I spent the morning getting dinner prepared - THEY are having chicken fried steaks with sides of mashed potatoes and white milk gravy (My mom's recipe!) and corn and white mountain bread - yum! Other than doing laundry and dinner, I've been completely lazy today. Dh took Ds to the gun show that's in town and they were there for hours! What can a boy/man possibly be looking at for that many hours, I guess as much as we'd look at in a craft/hobby store - LOL!!

DD's are getting ready for a party later, thankfully they are driving themselves so my laziness continues!! I'm trying to get through a book for a book review but can't get into it, I keep crying through it! Every 10 pages or so, I have to put it down because I can't see through the tears.

I also have some exciting news coming up in June (and we're already there!) so I need to get stepping in the craft room!!!!!!!! Yikes!!

Have a great rest of the night/weekend girls!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:44 PM   #700
Quacker Stamper

Late day Saturday. I had a rough night trying to sleep last night. Went to bed at 10 and work up at midnight. Then couldn't get back to sleep until 3 and then woke up at 6. By then there was no going back to sleep so I just got up. I still had a low grade fever, but I think it is finally gone. I'm feeling better this afternoon except I still have this persistent cough. I feel like I"m chug-a-lugging the Robitussin. I've been drinking some tea with honey in it and that makes my throat feel better.

I was supposed to go to a wedding reception tonight, but I'm passing on that. Not really feeling all that much better to be going out and partying. I had to go to the grocery store this morning and that took a lot out of me and I didn't even buy that much stuff.

Hopefully I'll be up to going to church in the morning.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:33 AM   #701
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey Maggie, did you make it to church? I'm sorry you are feeling so yucky. You need to see a Dr if it's been this long ~ just to make sure it's not something other than a cold. But am glad you are feeling somewhat better. Rest!!

I, too, like you wish I could skip an event today. It's the HUGE Chorus Banquet and I'm so not up for it. But I have to go - especially since dd15 is in charge of the superlative gifts. Ugh, I'll have to just plug through it for a few hours!

Good news: We have GROWTH! My daughter's garden is sprouting all over the place ~ looks like that rain we had really did wonders

Congrats to Lynn on her publications!!

x0x0
Old 06-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #702
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hey Maggie, did you make it to church? I'm sorry you are feeling so yucky. You need to see a Dr if it's been this long ~ just to make sure it's not something other than a cold. But am glad you are feeling somewhat better. Rest!!

I, too, like you wish I could skip an event today. It's the HUGE Chorus Banquet and I'm so not up for it. But I have to go - especially since dd15 is in charge of the superlative gifts. Ugh, I'll have to just plug through it for a few hours!

Good news: We have GROWTH! My daughter's garden is sprouting all over the place ~ looks like that rain we had really did wonders

Congrats to Lynn on her publications!!

x0x0
Ugh! No. I woke up about 6 and checked my temp - 99.3. That was low, so I thought I could still get myself together and go. Then I got up and went to feed the kitties. I was overwhelmed suddenly with lightheadedness and dizzyness. I didn't think I'd be able to get their food ready, but I did. and then barely made it to the couch to lay down until it passed. That did it. No way could I get myself together and go to church. Went back to bed. I did take a bottle of Cran-Grape juice with me to drink and get some kind of nutrition in me. Went back to sleep and woke up at 11. I did notice today that my cough is getting a little productive finally, so that may be a good thing - get whatever it is out of my body.

I hope all goes well with the Chorus banquet.

Yeah for sprouts!
Old 06-01-2014, 12:23 PM   #703
Pearl-ExPert

Hey everyone!

Kelly, you'll probably end up loving the banquet tonight even though you don't want to go right now. That's usually the way it is anyway.

Maggie, hope you start feeling better soon.

Thanks for the shout out on my two cards being published Kelly. Pretty exciting but it was all done through All Dressed Up as the magazines are featuring the artist for ADU. It's still fun knowing your card has been published in a magazine.

It's hot here - believe it or not! LOL! Jim and I worked in the yard and garden all day long yesterday and were exhausted but at least the yard looks nice. The garden is getting ready to hit big time. Got our first tomato yesterday - and it was delicious! The cucumbers have started so I'll be putting up pickles soon. Squash - I'm already tired of eating it! LOL! It's good though. No green beans just yet, cut they're coming.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #704
Quacker Stamper

HI Stamp Addicts. I'm finally back to the land of the living. It's been a rough week, but this afternoon it all seemed to just leave me. My throat is still a little sore, but I think that is irritation from all that dry coughing that I'd been doing.

Now I think Casper may be sick. He's thrown up a couple times today and it's just clear. I hope he doesn't have to go to the vet because he and Corey go ballistic if they think I'm going to put them in a carrier. They don't even like me to pick them up to sit on my lap.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #705
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hey everyone!

Kelly, you'll probably end up loving the banquet tonight even though you don't want to go right now. That's usually the way it is anyway.

Maggie, hope you start feeling better soon.

Thanks for the shout out on my two cards being published Kelly. Pretty exciting but it was all done through All Dressed Up as the magazines are featuring the artist for ADU. It's still fun knowing your card has been published in a magazine.

It's hot here - believe it or not! LOL! Jim and I worked in the yard and garden all day long yesterday and were exhausted but at least the yard looks nice. The garden is getting ready to hit big time. Got our first tomato yesterday - and it was delicious! The cucumbers have started so I'll be putting up pickles soon. Squash - I'm already tired of eating it! LOL! It's good though. No green beans just yet, cut they're coming.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Congratulations Lynn on being published. That's fabulous.

Yummy on all the fresh veggies!
Old 06-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #706
Mad Swapper

Glad to hear you are on the mend Maggie - it sure has seemed like a long time ... Sorry to hear about Casper .

It's been a busy week here both on the home front and in the studio - I had extra sympathy cards to make as well as a baby card and a couple of birthday's that I was running late with.... I don't mind being in the studio when it is wet and cold as it has been.

Hope you have enjoyed the banquet Kelly - and that the coming holidays are restful for you

Lynn your garden seems to ripen in no time - enjoy the canning I don't do it any more as it 'gets' me across the shoulders and I don't think it is worth the pain.

Jeanette I hope you are well in time to travel - that refuge sounds awesome!

Darlene i hope you can get onto SCS now - - that is so frustrating - I have had it a few times, but it always seems to resolve, eventually.

Barb it's alwasy good to see your 'funnies'.

Kristie you really are rocking those Disney layouts .

Waving to all of you
Old 06-01-2014, 09:36 PM   #707
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Well, my my...I have been MIA- we decided Friday to go to Ky to visit my folks for a quick visit. I decided not to bring my computer- needed the break!

My parents celebrated 59 yrs on Friday- what an Anniversary!

Maggie- glad you are feeling a bit better today! I had the flu and missed 3 days of work- which is a week on my schedule- I am the same way- I really do not like using vacation time- well, rather 'Paid Time Off', for being sick. dang! I hope you feel better tomorrow! So sorry about Casper too : (

Lynn- Congrats on being Published- too cool! One of these days I will submit a card...... How cool is the garden giving your fruit & veg's already- I would give anything to bite into a fresh tomato-yum!
Lynn- I was getting 20-30 Spam comments a day- so followed Jeanettes advise and do not let anonymous comments anymore- and I have the blog on Comment Moderation. I think the comments were coming from Pintrest....
but they stopped with that change.

Kelly- hope the banquet went well. What (sad) book are you reading? So sorry about the coffee : ( My daughter loves coffee- Ray and I do not drink it. My Mom has beautiful roses, well her entire yard is lovely. She told us to put the coffee grounds and any egg shells outside around the plants.

Maxine- Hoping your hubby is better now with his resp infection. Are you back to normal after your flu? Do you get snow in the winter (I cannot remember).

Jeanette- your trip is getting closer and closer- so fun that you are getting or pinning fun VBS ideas on Pintrest- it is a great sharing place! I live on allegra and the Nettipot- every single day! I also use a nasal spray- my sinus' is always inflamed..... Wish I could NOT take meds- good for you!

I have to go back and read up on what else has been going on- Waving hi to everyone!

I'll get to blogs tomorrow. I left my computer home when we went to Cinci, so have hundreds of e-mails to check. I still do not have my new computer set up...waiting on hubby to load a couple of programs on it.

Night!
Shelly
Old 06-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #708
Quacker Stamper

I ended up taking Casper to the Emergency Clinic and had to leave him overnight. They are doing a whole blood workup on him and was supposed to have that done 20 minutes ago, but I just called and it wasn't finished yet. They are supposed to call me back which I hope is soon so I can get to bed since I have to get up at 5:30 and then have to pick him up between 6:30 and 7:30 I want to get there early since the lady at the front desk said bring a book. They have a few overnighters and I'd like to get back home so maybe I can get to work, but I may have to take him to my own vet.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:25 PM   #709
Mad Swapper

Hi Shelly - good to see you back again - and glad to hear you enjoyed the anniversary.

Oh Maggie, so hope Casper is o.k. - what we go through for our pets

I am pretty well right now after the tummy bug and cold - the ears have finally stopped blocking too, which is all good.

No, Shelly, we rarely get snow here, but often get winds off the snow, which can be pretty cold. We usually only get a flurry of snow about once in five years, and it generally does not settle - just falls and melts.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:36 AM   #710

I hope yours is a good one!

Hugs for all!!!

The weekend went by very quickly here... did anyone else experience that, too?

Maggie, I'm glad you're feeling better!! So sorry to hear of Casper being sick though. Hopefully it's easily fixed!

Kelly, I hope you enjoyed the major event, even though you didn't want to go.

Lynn, WOO HOO! Congratulations!

Maxine, we lived in California for a while when I was a child - I loved it - my family didn't. It did seem kind of strange to never have snow though. I guess because I was used to snow. You probably don't think about it much.

Shelly, I'm so glad you were able to see your parents. Quite an accomplishment for them. Not many people are married that many years.

Barb, your greeting was pretty - but you sure were quiet.

I'm hanging in there - still fighting allergies, but I am determined they will soon run their course. After all, I do not want to take them with me on my trip.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-02-2014, 06:06 AM   #711
SCS RAK Coordinator

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was busy, but fun and productive! Saturday morning I volunteered at the 5k Furry Friends event for the Humane Society. It was the first year and it was the idea of a 12 year old girl and her parents--we had over 500 runners, walkers and many with dogs! The money raised will go to the capital campaign for the new shelter--we break ground this month!

Yesterday I planted all of the remaining pots and baskets for the deck--15 various pots and 7 baskets. We also planted some gladiola bulbs and delphinium plants we started from seed. Then--we got an inch of rain in the evening--great for all of them! I plan to do some weeding this morning as it will be easy to pull those suckers!
Old 06-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #712
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good rainy afternoon, all!

Maggie, are you feeling any better? That sure is a whopper whatever you have -- maybe you caught something on your recent trip? Feel better and rest! I hope you have good news on Casper and that he's doing better by now.

Shel, wow that's quite an anniversary! Next year will be the big one! How wonderful you're able to share in their time and years

Jeanette, not too much longer! I'm sure you're reaching scramble around time - you'll get in all done, I have no doubt

Well you ladies ended up being correct about the banquet I had a wonderful time - the two most special reasons were seeing dd17 and dd15 receive awards ♥ The food wasn't that spectacular, lol, but the company divine! I was able to chat with friends that I've missed that only attend this event so that was super fun. And I also received a beautiful orchid and GC for volunteering which was So unexpected! Now I just hope and pray I can keep it alive, I have the polar opposite of a green thumb! Maybe Barb needs to send me some tips with all her planting

HI Maxine, Barb, Lynn, Everyone .... its' pouring rain here but I had to pop online to pay a bill so I thought I'd drop in and say hi!
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:15 PM   #713
SCS RAK Coordinator

Tip--keep watering and keep fertilizing--at least for flowers!
Old 06-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #714
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good rainy afternoon, all!

Maggie, are you feeling any better? That sure is a whopper whatever you have -- maybe you caught something on your recent trip? Feel better and rest! I hope you have good news on Casper and that he's doing better by now.

Shel, wow that's quite an anniversary! Next year will be the big one! How wonderful you're able to share in their time and years

Jeanette, not too much longer! I'm sure you're reaching scramble around time - you'll get in all done, I have no doubt

Well you ladies ended up being correct about the banquet I had a wonderful time - the two most special reasons were seeing dd17 and dd15 receive awards ♥ The food wasn't that spectacular, lol, but the company divine! I was able to chat with friends that I've missed that only attend this event so that was super fun. And I also received a beautiful orchid and GC for volunteering which was So unexpected! Now I just hope and pray I can keep it alive, I have the polar opposite of a green thumb! Maybe Barb needs to send me some tips with all her planting

HI Maxine, Barb, Lynn, Everyone .... its' pouring rain here but I had to pop online to pay a bill so I thought I'd drop in and say hi!
I'm doing okay except for the cough that lingers. Sore throat also has cleared up even with still coughing some. I need to get over this so I can get back out to do my lunchtime walk.

That was so sweet of them to recognize all your hard work that you do for them. Congrats to your DD's for winning awards. Yes, it's nice to catch up with friends that you don't see often.

WE need it to rain some more here. Something happened to one of my plants out front. I went out to check on them to see if they needed to be watered or if I could wait one more day. Just not in the mood for that tonight. The plant is way up in the front and looks like something did something to it because all around the outside of the plant looks like it just withered and died. None of the other plants were affected - even another one like this one only in a different part of the bed. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it to keep planting and trying to make it look nice.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #715
Quacker Stamper

Casper seems to be doing much better. He did come out here and eat some dinner. He must have that awful vet smell because his brother and Paisley keep stalking him. I even heard Corey hiss at him. I sure hope that smell clears up soon so we can all be friends again - well except for Paisley, she won't be friends with anyone.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #716
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for all the congrats on the publishing deal!

Maggie, glad Casper is feeling better - and you too.

Kelly - glad the banquet turned out just fine - and even fun. I wouldn't even know how to begin to take care of an orchid. They're so different than most plants and have to have just the amount of light/heat/etc. I worked with a guy that used to grow them but he had a room especially for those that was heat/cool controlled and the lighting system was unreal. Good luck with it because they really are beautiful!

Don't know how I'd even go back and catch up with everyone so will just say HI! I'll try to be better about getting over here every day now.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #717
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, I'm finally convinced now that Bogger is possessed! I published a card this morning at 11:00 and it just published again all by itself about an hour ago!!! LOL!
Old 06-03-2014, 12:31 AM   #718
Mad Swapper

Oh Lynn - that must be frustrating!! I have never had that happen, but I thought I may have lost my whole blog this morning... Thankfully I had not!
Old 06-03-2014, 04:03 AM   #719

I never made it back here yesterday - but you were all so much quieter than some days, so I've been able to catch up.

Barb, sounds like you've been busier than busy - but enjoying yourself, so that's good!

Maggie, glad you're improving and Casper, too! I loved your comment about Paisley! Cute!

Kelly, that's WONDERFUL that they recognized you and your labor of love in being a superb volunteer!!!

Lynn, that's weird about blogger. Possessed might be an accurate term. LOL!

Maxine, oh no! Now I'm afraid to even go look at my blog. Glad yours was okay!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-03-2014, 04:37 AM   #720
Quacker Stamper

Good morning! I'm up. Went to bed very early last night. I was so tired. I'm glad that I had scheduled my blog post the day before so I didn't have to worry about that last night and it published just fine. Sorry you're having so many issues with it Lynn.