Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 09-07-2017, 04:11 AM   #7081
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Shelly, I am praying all goes well with your mom's change of meds... and I, too, am thinking of Kelly and praying for her as she evacuates.

Hmmm... I've been up since 4:30 (awake since 4:00) and I'm just now getting to SCS. Call me pokey. I hope this isn't a sign of what my entire day is going to be like.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Christmas CraZy Swap Group
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 09-07-2017, 04:27 AM   #7082
Crimping Master

Praying for Kelly and family.

Shelly, sending prayers for your mom too. I hope she does okay off her heart med. hugs!
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Unread 09-07-2017, 04:33 AM   #7083

Hi Kristie... it's been a while since I've "seen" you. How are you doing?
Sweet Stampin

Unread 09-07-2017, 06:09 AM   #7084
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies--yes, I am sitting in my new chair and I love it! It sits a bit higher and is firmer. I am heading to the stamp room in a bit. I hope you have a great day too!
mschoener likes this post.
Unread 09-07-2017, 10:11 AM   #7085
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
I hope you all had a good long weekend - and the storms have avoided our Kelly

Nothing much to report from here - apart from the fact the cat has decided to spend his nights outside - little toad! He has also learnt how to get in when I have the cat flap set to 'out' only - it is old and needs replacing which is why he can move the latch.

I had my card class this afternoon, but only one lady was able to attend, so it was very quiet. I taught two projects, but as usual did not get mine finished, but that's o.k. as it gives me something to do tomorrow - as though there is nothing that needs doing here, but is is forecast to be wet and windy, so gardening is out of the question, and I did the washing today!!

Waving to you all from down under
So has your little Tinker been fixed? Usually Tom's like to roam at night. It will be getting cold there soon. I would think that he'd want in the nice warm home.

Sorry you only had one person at your class. I'd love to live closer to someone that I could stamp with.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Unread 09-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #7086
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Yes, I am home again. My parents seem to be settling in now. It's hard to believe we brought my mom home from rehab a week from today. (Then had her in an ambulance and to ER the following day, but they didn't keep her, so it was home again after a few hours). Part of me feels guilty for not being there with them still... another part of me is very glad to be home.

I hope you are all doing well!

I am so far behind that I'm not going to try to read and catch up. Please fill me in on anything important that I've missed. Thanks!

Glad that they didn't need to keep your mom in the hospital and were able to take her home so you could come home too. It's hard to be away for so long. Hope that she mends well now.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Unread 09-07-2017, 10:16 AM   #7087
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Hi friends ~ we are waiting to see what is going to happen with Irma. I'm in Miami, never a good place to be near the water and not many places to run to if the storm barrels in. Category 5! Oh my word. I am worried. Like REALLY worried. I usually don't get too hyped up about them but this one has me hyper worried!

We will have the kids pack overnight bags and important paper work and be ready.

Most of all, I ask for prayer for my husband. He's a Clinical Pyschologist and has to figure out with his bosses where they are going to relocate and evacuate over 1000+ mental health patients My heart hurts at that thought. They are chronically ill and can't comprehend something as profound of a move and disruption as this.

Oh my - Irma please just go back to sea
Be safe Kelly! Praying that the storm will take a turn away from the US.

Sorry that your DH will have to stay there to take care of patients. I hope that they can get them evacuated to where they will be safe and looked after. Once Harvey passed over Houston and moved toward Beaumont and Port Arthur, P.A. evacuated nursing home residents (250) back over here to Conroe and Dallas where it was safe again.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 09-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #7088
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Hi All! Prayers for Kelly and family, and her hubby's groups patients. We will be watching Irma as well. And, PRAYING for everyone in Irma's way!

Maggie- glad things in your neighborhood are OK.

Jeanette- welcome home!

Barb- yeah for getting stuff done and getting new furniture : )

Lynn- waving hello- still stormy with crazy winds by you???

We are going to have a big day tomorrow. I was able to get a doc appt tomorrow with my Pulmonologist for my Mom. I am pretty sure she has toxic lung from one of her heart meds. Not a very good diagnosis. The drug has a half life of over a month, so it clears the body slowly. She is still being worked up by the Rheumatologist to make sure it is not something else...... Please say a prayer for her. We are all exchanging prayers for each other, I know that...LOL

Anyone else doing the 30 day coloring challenge? I am having fun trying to make quite a few more cards, some will be using backgrounds from stash, but most will be new. Great to keep using all of those unused supplies- Oh yeah!

***Did anyone see we have a SCS'er asking if she can join the group. Any thoughts???*** PM me your thoughts. Karen is her name- I do not see much activity on her blog, but I can drop her a line after I hear from some of you.

Have a great Wednesday!

Shelly
Prayers for your mom Shelly. I hope that the doctors can correctly diagnose the problem and get the right meds to her so she can be well.

I had a 2 week break where I was able to get a little bit of stamping done. Now I'm in organization mode.

I've been working on getting my craft room organized. I went to Michael's on Monday and bought some storage containers and have gotten most all of my embellishments put away and new paints. I still need to deal with my 12 x 12 paper, but I did buy a new storage tower for that. I'm going to go through my SU designer paper and sort it by themes and put it with all my other themed designer paper in the storage tower I already have out in my workroom. Then I'll put the rest of the SU designer paper in this new storage tower and I'll have a whole shelf in my craft room for stuff that needs a home.

I have a ton of new dies that I need to run through the Vagabond and put those in my Die book and hope that I have enough room in my ArtBins for the dies. Otherwise I need to get a new one of those too. I am storing any stamps that have matching dies together in a DVD case.

Still lots to do in there. I hope I have more time to play once I get going in school next week.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Unread 09-07-2017, 10:22 AM   #7089
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Good Morning--Happy Wednesday!

I had a good day in the stamp room yesterday as I finished a swap and it is mailed along with making four other cards. Today I am headed to my LSS to drop off rummage items for the sale this weekend. It is cool here--temps in the 40's overnight. I am keeping all of friends in Irma's path in my prayers.
We had a cool front come through after Harvey left and we are having gorgeous weather right now. Lows in the 60's and highs in the 80's. I could live with this kind of weather all year around. I think it is the high humidity that gives me allergy problems and causes some congestion. As soon as the weather cooled off and the humidity dropped, I could tell the different in my breathing. I don't feel all clogged up.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 09-07-2017, 10:24 AM   #7090
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Praying for Kelly and her family, and for all Floridians and all who may be in harms way! I am seeing radar images and there is another hurricane on radar named Jose already....... behind Irma.

We have friends near Tampa who are also preparing for a hurricane, in case it goes around the tip and them hits land.

Went to doc today and mom is stopping heart med- may be started on another eventually, but we'll see how she tolerates being off the med. Please pray for her to not have a hard time with her heart. There is only so much we can do! God is in control!

Shelly
Keeping Kelly, her family, and all of the Floridians in my prayers. I have cousins all over the state there and pray that they will all be safe. Yes, Irma should just take an about face and head out into the Atlantic somewhere.And then Jose should just follow her away. What's up with Africa??? Why are they sending all these storms out way?
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 09-07-2017, 10:24 AM   #7091
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Shelly, I am praying all goes well with your mom's change of meds... and I, too, am thinking of Kelly and praying for her as she evacuates.

Hmmm... I've been up since 4:30 (awake since 4:00) and I'm just now getting to SCS. Call me pokey. I hope this isn't a sign of what my entire day is going to be like.

This graphic gives me a real chuckle!
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
mcschmidty likes this post.
Unread 09-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #7092
Quacker Stamper

Our city is going to be going through some serious rebuilding pains for quite some time. Not onlly homes, but schools, churches, streets, highways all affected. I was visiting a lady from my church last night and the pre-school one of her children goes to (or did for 2 days) was completely devastated. They need to find a new place for their school, plus replace all their equipment, toys, etc. Two of our major highways have been shut down and it is really putting a heavy toll on all the rest of the streets in town. Takes at least twice as long to get to and from work.

I have a student orientation tonight and decided to just stay at the office and grab something at Chik-Fil-A for dinner. The building is closer to my office than my home and if I went home first, I'd just have to turn around and come right back due to the heavy traffic.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 09-07-2017, 05:55 PM   #7093
Stazon Splitcoast

We just watched the US open women's tennis- wow- that was the best match ever! Unranked player just beat Venus Williams- fabulous tennis match.

We had visitors today, my older sis and her grandson- who is 2. I took them to a fun restaurant where there is a train around the counter- runs all of the time. The food arrives via train cars. The little guy was in heaven- mesmerized! He is so adorable!
Tonight, my younger sis dropped by to see Mom, nice day for her!

Sorry for your troubles Maggie- I imagine that will take a while to resolve all of the issues in Houston......I cannot even imagine! Praying that Irma will slow down a bit before it hits Florida! Way to go getting some organizing done!

Jeanette- 4AM is way too early! LOL Do you get up and stamp?

Barb- a new chair sounds wonderful : )

Hi Kristi! Cute pic of your new nephew on FB!

Shelly
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Unread 09-08-2017, 04:45 AM   #7094

Maggie, my heart breaks for your beloved city. So much to deal with. (((HUGS)))

Shelly, usually I hang out on my computer for a while and then I stamp. I woke at 3:00 this morning, but took some Tylenol (which I very rarely do) and went back to sleep. It makes me sleep... so I actually slept past 6:00. WOW! That is so unheard of.

Barb, enjoy that new chair, but don't get too comfy. There are stamps that need ink.

Kelly and family are evacuated (and in a safe place) but her DH has not left Miami yet. He had "work" that he couldn't leave behind... of the most caring kind. Pray for all of them! I did hear that Irma is now a category 4... but that's still way too strong. And it's heading to Miami. Pray for all of the people of Florida... the ones in the hurricane's path as well as those who are accepting the evacuees further inland. Can you imagine how that impacts their towns, too? Especially with all the tensions/anxiety everyone must be feeling.

Sweet Stampin

Unread 09-08-2017, 06:13 AM   #7095
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends. I too am praying for everyone in the path of Irma and those still recovering from Harvey and those in the west with the horrible fires. I have hostess club this afternoon and I am also the hostess this month--Yay for Me!

We are doing a charity bike ride tomorrow on the tandem and then have a dinner at our house with 2 couples from another fund raiser this past spring. The meal will be prepared by a local restaurant owner, so we get to sit and enjoy too!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Unread 09-08-2017, 04:50 PM   #7096
Die Cut Diva

Check in............all is ok. Thinking of Kelly and her family. So horrible that we have to have hurricanes. Maggie, I'm so thankful you didn't have the flooding at your house. Just sad to see the destruction there. We're finally getting a little gas here now. Well, at least we have one station that had it today. Still hit and miss on if you can find a place to fill up. I can't even imagine how bad it is in other places like Florida.
How everyone is doing well.............
Unread 09-09-2017, 02:41 AM   #7097

My thoughts/prayers are with everyone in Irma's path! Kelly, be safe!!!

Lynn, it's so good to see you and to know you are okay. Texas was sure hit hard by Harvey! (((Hugs))) and prayers for you!

Barb, enjoy your charity ride and today's special dinner, too!

FYI - I'm leaving bright and early Monday morning for our annual board meeting and won't get home until late Tuesday night. So.... unless I pop in here later today, I'll see you again on Wednesday.

SaveSave
Sweet Stampin

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Unread 09-10-2017, 10:21 AM   #7098
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello!

We are not able to stop watching this hurricane....we have so many friends in Florida, Kelly is the only one that evacuated to safety! 2 good friends in Naples, one in Tampa, one north of Orlando, a cousin further up in the state....all are staying put.... My good friend in Naples just started building a house..... Uggg another friend in the Ft Meyers area- could not get out...she is alone in her home. Praying, praying for their safety!

Friday Mom went to daycare, I ran errands, went for a walk with hubby, ran to church for an hour- then picked up mom. Did not have to make dinner- went to 5 Guys.... We did a little art in the evening : )

Yesterday, we went to Ray's ballgame- they lost by slaughter rule..... then went and visited with players and wives and had a beer. We were planning to go to Ft Meyers in November for a week for a fall ball tournament (over 55 players), and praying it will still be a go post hurricane. More worried about the safety of the folks there though!

We are contemplating a trip to the Holy Land in January. I am so hoping it is going to happen- we were thinking about Ireland and Germany, but I think that will go on the back burner for the Holy Land trip : )

We have the Bears game on, but I think I will go up to the art room for a bit and color : ) We have dinner plans at 6PM with friends, so I have some time....

Jeanette- safe travels and hope you have a productive trip.

Waving hello to Lynn. I cannot imagine being confined because you have no gas.

Barb- hope you had a great bike ride. Your catered dinner sounds great!

Maggie- I am hoping that recovery goes quickly as possible. I imagine major roads would be fixed up first, but still know that will take time. Hugs and prayers for Houston!

Have a great day!

Shelly

Last edited by mcschmidty; 09-10-2017 at 10:26 AM..
Unread 09-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #7099
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
We are not able to stop watching this hurricane....we have so many friends in Florida, Kelly is the only one that evacuated to safety! 2 good friends in Naples, one in Tampa, one north of Orlando, a cousin further up in the state....all are staying put.... My good friend in Naples just started building a house..... Uggg another friend in the Ft Meyers area- could not get out...she is alone in her home. Praying, praying for their safety!

Friday Mom went to daycare, I ran errands, went for a walk with hubby, ran to church for an hour- then picked up mom. Did not have to make dinner- went to 5 Guys.... We did a little art in the evening : )

Yesterday, we went to Ray's ballgame- they lost by slaughter rule..... then went and visited with players and wives and had a beer. We were planning to go to Ft Meyers in November for a week for a fall ball tournament (over 55 players), and praying it will still be a go post hurricane. More worried about the safety of the folks there though!

We are contemplating a trip to the Holy Land in January. I am so hoping it is going to happen- we were thinking about Ireland and Germany, but I think that will go on the back burner for the Holy Land trip : )

We have the Bears game on, but I think I will go up to the art room for a bit and color : ) We have dinner plans at 6PM with friends, so I have some time....

Jeanette- safe travels and hope you have a productive trip.

Waving hello to Lynn. I cannot imagine being confined because you have no gas.

Barb- hope you had a great bike ride. Your catered dinner sounds great!

Maggie- I am hoping that recovery goes quickly as possible. I imagine major roads would be fixed up first, but still know that will take time. Hugs and prayers for Houston!

Have a great day!

Shelly
So very sad to see all the devastation in Florida. I hope things are okay with your friends house in Naples, but looks like Irma just passed over that area and heading to Ft. Meyers. I hope that Kelly's home in Miami didn't get as much of the storm since they are on the East side. You may not make it to Ft. Meyers, but your trip to the Holy Land will probably be a go. What a great trip that will be.

Most of the major streets are open, but two of our major North/South highways that are vital to rush hour traffic are still closed. The Beltway will be closed Southbound for a few weeks yet because there was a sink hole that opened up at a place next to it during the storm, so that needs to be repaired and they need to make sure the rest of the highway is safe to drive on. The other major street is still flooded because of the dam release.

Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 09-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #7100
Quacker Stamper

Yesterday I went to the HPL book sale and got a bunch of board books. The preschool of a friend's DD was inundated with flood water and they lost everything including where they held the preschool. Thankfully, they have found a new place to have it, but they still need all the supplies that they lost in the storm down to Baby Wipes. The Director also has a Wish List on Amazon, so I made some purchases there to be sent to them. I haven't been able to get out and do the physical labor like so many are, but I can make some donations around town.

Did some more work in my garage yesterday getting things cleaned up. Still working on my craft room.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 09-10-2017, 01:47 PM   #7101
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

My thoughts/prayers are with everyone in Irma's path! Kelly, be safe!!!

Lynn, it's so good to see you and to know you are okay. Texas was sure hit hard by Harvey! (((Hugs))) and prayers for you!

Barb, enjoy your charity ride and today's special dinner, too!

FYI - I'm leaving bright and early Monday morning for our annual board meeting and won't get home until late Tuesday night. So.... unless I pop in here later today, I'll see you again on Wednesday.

SaveSave
Have a safe trip Jeanette. I hope you're not going anywhere that will have bad weather.
Save
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 09-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #7102
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via AIM to Kiwime Send a message via MSN to Kiwime Send a message via Yahoo to Kiwime

Hi Girls - what a lot of weather and fire events you folk are having there in the States - we are still wet and currently cold, but that should break soon!! I even got out and pulled some weeds this afternoon as the sun came out. Thankfully with being on a pumice base of soil, it drains well here!

I needed to clear a wee bed and plant another lavender cutting, as the lawn man ran the weed eater over it last time he was here and decapitated some wee plants I had there, so thought I had better clear it before it happens again - the lavender plants were very small, but the new cutting is obvious this time ....

Praying for Kelly - thanks for all the updates Shelly

Safe travel and enjoyable 'conferencing' Jeanette

Nice to see you pop in Kristie, and great to hear that Lynn is all ok

Maggie it is hard for us to imagine the devastation - I know Christchurch is still in recovery after the earthquakes 6 years ago!!

Shelly a trip to the Holy Land sounds amazing - something I would love to be able to do, but I lack the financial resources - I will be content with the photos and reflections of a group from our church who have just been there.

Barb you sound as though you never stop - you are amazing with all the swaps you host and take part in.

Anybody know how Darlene and Kel are doing??

Waving to you all from Down Under
Unread 09-11-2017, 03:10 AM   #7103
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies. I have not gotten an update from Kelly since late yesterday afternoon when she sent some video clips of the wind and rain. The condo they are in does not have a generator, so they are probably without power. She also sent a few pictures that her neighbor from Miami took of their house and there are some trees down but it does not look like the house was damaged. There is a fence that is missing in the front and a car that was pushed against their house. I will post anything new that I hear later today.

I have a stamp class this morning and then time in the afternoon to work on cards! Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by barbaralynn; 09-11-2017 at 03:17 AM..
Unread 09-11-2017, 06:17 AM   #7104
SCS RAK Coordinator

Kelly Update with Awesome News!
We are fine. Slight damage at the resort. Hunkered down in the living room as eye of the storm went over - Cat 1. Thank god. We were expecting a 3 days ago. God is merciful. Lots of trees down, damage to roof and some units peeled back. We are okay. Cars okay. Dogs ok 😝
Tony went to our home. All our trees fell but miraculously fell in all directions not hurting anything or on anything!!!! Fence is gone. Pool is damaged. Cars are fine. Sheds are in tact. Not a drop of water in the house!
Praise God. Neighbors are few streets over were flooded. God is good!
Rejoicing. When DH drove through the debris and flooding checked mom's house. Hers okay. Inlaws house ok. Expecting a 5. Got a 4 almost a 3. And everything stood. We will leave here tomorrow to head home.

This is so wonderful to write! 🎉
mcschmidty and Kiwime like this post.
Unread 09-11-2017, 03:28 PM   #7105
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Kelly Update with Awesome News!
We are fine. Slight damage at the resort. Hunkered down in the living room as eye of the storm went over - Cat 1. Thank god. We were expecting a 3 days ago. God is merciful. Lots of trees down, damage to roof and some units peeled back. We are okay. Cars okay. Dogs ok 😝
Tony went to our home. All our trees fell but miraculously fell in all directions not hurting anything or on anything!!!! Fence is gone. Pool is damaged. Cars are fine. Sheds are in tact. Not a drop of water in the house!
Praise God. Neighbors are few streets over were flooded. God is good!
Rejoicing. When DH drove through the debris and flooding checked mom's house. Hers okay. Inlaws house ok. Expecting a 5. Got a 4 almost a 3. And everything stood. We will leave here tomorrow to head home.

This is so wonderful to write! 🎉
So grateful to hear that Kelly is okay. I've also heard from my family there and they are all safe too. So thankful.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
barbaralynn likes this post.
Unread 09-11-2017, 03:28 PM   #7106
Quacker Stamper

I thought I was going to have a quiet week.Too good to true. Boss was supposed to be conducting an arbitration all week. It settled over the weekend. That means a week having him in the office with a clean calendar.

School started today. Looks like it's going to be a rough ride.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Unread 09-12-2017, 04:23 AM   #7107
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends! We have wonderful sunshine today and it is to be great weather all week with temps in the 70's and even 80's this weekend! I had a fun card class yesterday as we used the new embossing paste on all four cards. Then I spent the afternoon in my stamp room doing some organization and putting away the items that I got at the stamp show almost a month ago.......................... I have a couple of errands to do this morning after I spent some time on the treadmill and afternoon time in the stamp room again! Have a Tremendous Tuesday!
Unread 09-13-2017, 03:56 AM   #7108

Wishing all my Fellow Stamp Addicts a great day!

Shelly, any update on your friends? I can imagine how stressed you must have been watching the Irma coverage and knowing your friends were in the midst of it.

We have a second cousin who lives in the Florida Keys, where they were told at least 25% of the homes were destroyed and 90% received significant damage. Miraculously, their home received minimal damage. They are a young couple just getting started in home-ownership. Needless to say they were in quite a panic when they evacuated.

Maggie, I'm sorry your quiet week disappeared. Shucks!

Maxine, I'm sure your time outside did you a world of good... you seem to really enjoy that.

Barb, so tell us (or show us!) how that embossing paste was used not hose four cards. Enquiring minds want to know.

I guess you can tell I am home again. The two meetings were good. One was a technical meeting - the Advisory Council (I'm on it) trying to work out kinks to be able to have Skype meetings in the future. The other one was our Annual Board Meeting (I'm one of three Board Officer - the Recording Secretary, which means I am the one who takes the minutes). Now I have to spend much of today refining my rough minutes into perfection.

SaveSave
Sweet Stampin

Unread 09-13-2017, 05:18 AM   #7109
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends--Happy Hump Day!
Unread 09-13-2017, 12:47 PM   #7110
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via AIM to Kiwime Send a message via MSN to Kiwime Send a message via Yahoo to Kiwime

Wot - no Smoochy???
Unread 09-13-2017, 04:06 PM   #7111

Maxine, it is really unfortunate that Barb likes to hoard Smoochy, isn't it?
Sweet Stampin

Unread 09-14-2017, 04:59 AM   #7112

SaveSave
Sweet Stampin

Unread 09-14-2017, 06:04 AM   #7113
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Welcome to Thursday! I hope you have an awesome day!
Unread 09-14-2017, 09:34 AM   #7114
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Hello friends! Finally a chance to sit and stop in to say a quick hello. The storm has indeed passed and left so much devastation and destruction. It's horrible to see, especially as we drove home

We do have lights and water and internet!! Only a few houses in our entire neighborhood. We are very blessed. So I have spent the past 2 days cooking for those without and sending meals and water bottles and drinks over. IT's MERCILESS in this heat! I have my mom still as her neighborhood (20 minutes away) is without power and she is not really able to take care of herself in a home without power, etc.

Even got my first Starbucks after 5 days Seeing that store open and I think I crossed 5 lanes of traffic to get to it! Kidding, of course

Thank you Barb for updating! We did have slight roof damage - and the cars, too -all things considered, that's good. That's what insurance is for. All our trees have fallen so we all helped cut, chainsaw, and haul all those out to the front which is exhausting in this unbearable heat.

And my son turned 13 the day the storm arrived. While my husband was hunkered down in Miami, we tried our best to celebrate (flickering lights and all) I managed to find a small room at the resort where employees play pool and they said he could use that! He does love playing pool And we found the pool area and before the storm was even close to us, hoped in the pool. And we found a Füßball table, too I had packed a small cake in the cooler (and candles and gifts) before we left and it was a good thing. Everything was getting crazy up there with the storm coming and storms were closing/closed, etc. I was able to get a sketchy connection to my husband (in the middle of a Cat 3 hurricane, in his shelter) to facetime him so he could be there as we sang happy Birthday. I seriously almost lost my mind, but held it together for them and we made the best out of the situation!

Most of all, everyone is safe and it will take a little bit to get back to normal. I am SO grateful for the friends that prayed for us, near and far! I'm truly blessed by you all!

I'm behind, and will remain so, until things catch back up to some sense of normalcy here ♥

Hugs!
xoxo

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 09-14-2017 at 10:02 AM..
Unread 09-14-2017, 04:25 PM   #7115
Die Cut Diva

Hugs and more hugs Kelly - and bucket loads of prayers!!! I am sure you will in due time look back and smile at the craziness of it all, but in the meantime rest in the fact others are holding you up in prayer.

All is well here - crazy but well - the new pastor is specialising in making my gray matter exercise - and then laughing at me when I mutter at him... but it's all good. I have always said the day I stop learning is the day I die, so now I am being kept to it!! Many a true word spoken in jest

Spring is finally showing her face after a slow start here - still a bit damp underfoot, and a thunder storm the other night, but it's 'sunning' at the moment - always good.

Waving to you all, and so thankful to have a wonderful group of friends like you
Unread 09-15-2017, 01:48 AM   #7116
Die Cut Diva

Congratulations to 'our' Jeanette - she is the featured Customer of the day at ODBD!! Whoo hoo - go Jeanette.
Unread 09-15-2017, 02:28 AM   #7117

Kelly, it is so good to see you! You have been in our thoughts/prayers so much the past week. I can only image the brutal work you've been engaged in... with clean up of Irma and the feeding frenzy going on from your kitchen. Be sure to take care of yourself. (I know... that's easy for me to say, isn't it?) Huge hugs and much love heading your way!

Maxine, keeping that gray matter exercised can be taxing... tell the pastor to go easy on you. LOL! Now.......... what's this about ODB? I need to snoop around more. *shock!

Barb, I hope you had a fabulous day yesterday!

SaveSave
Sweet Stampin

Unread 09-15-2017, 02:43 AM   #7118

Oh my goodness... I snooped, Maxine! I would have never known the honor bestowed on me if you hadn't told me. THANK YOU! And I'm super excited that it was a Bible Journaling page of mine that they featured.
Sweet Stampin

mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Unread 09-15-2017, 04:17 AM   #7119
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Friday!!!!!! I am taking a couple of stamp classes today at The Paper Cut in Appleton and spending some time/money at their warehouse sale. I am excited for one of the classes on alcohol inks. We do not have any major plans this weekend so it will be spent working outside in this wonderful weather--painting the deck rails is on the list..................... Have a Wonderful Weekend!

Congrats Jeanette! Welcome Home Kelly! Great to see a post from Maxine!
Unread 09-15-2017, 05:30 AM   #7120

Thanks Barb! Have fun shopping today... and at class too (behave though... we don't want to hear the teacher had to scold you!).
Sweet Stampin