Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-26-2017, 07:49 AM   #7041
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Thanks Maggie... I love your graphic and the idea of a jammies weekend!

And there's my posting partner in crime - Barb!

Shelly, how exciting to be watching the transformation of those little critters. I hope your mom is feeling better soon!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:55 PM   #7042
Pearl-ExPert

Check in here to let everyone know all is well. Harvey may or may not get out this far west of the projected path so we're not too worried about it all here. It's just extremely windy!!! Gusts up to 50 and 60 mph. To the east of us is really getting hammered though. Maggie, thinking of you and hoping you don't have all the flooding they're talking about. There's just so much flooding everywhere and so much damage.
Hope everyone is fine!
Old 08-26-2017, 08:11 PM   #7043

I'm just popping in before I head to bed to let you know you won't see me for a while.

I will be leaving tomorrow right after church to head toward my parents (shhh! They don't know). I am going to be there to help a bit as my mom is about to be released from rehab. (You probably recall she fell and broke her hip a little over 2 weeks ago). I'm not sure how long I'll be gone... it could be a week or maybe even a week and a half or even longer. I have blog posts scheduled for every day except one until the 11th of September, just in case.

I'll miss you and will look forward my return to SCS when I get home.

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #7044
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Check in here to let everyone know all is well. Harvey may or may not get out this far west of the projected path so we're not too worried about it all here. It's just extremely windy!!! Gusts up to 50 and 60 mph. To the east of us is really getting hammered though. Maggie, thinking of you and hoping you don't have all the flooding they're talking about. There's just so much flooding everywhere and so much damage.
Hope everyone is fine!
Thanks Lynn. My street has been flooded most of the day. Since the rain has slacked off, it's gone down, but it's not over yet. So many people have lost so much - homes, possessions, but lucky they are okay. I think there were only 2 fatalities.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:33 AM   #7045
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning from Great Aunt Camp! Yes, we are hosting Arlyn-age 7 and Simone, 4 1/2, for three days of auntie camp fun! Mom and dad dropped them off last night. Then we are meeting Kathy on Wednesday afternoon in Milwaukee as she is taking the train up from Chicago, catching an early supper at the Public Market with us and then heading back with the two kiddos at 7:00. Today we are even going to Sarah's house for stamp class and they will bring some books along to color and read. Have a Marvelous Monday!
Old 08-28-2017, 06:34 AM   #7046
SCS RAK Coordinator

Keeping you in my prayers Maggie
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:39 AM   #7047
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends. We had a nice morning at Sarah's yesterday as Arlyn and Simone did some coloring in the studio as well spending some time outside with the dogs, cats, pigs and chickens. They also got be on the trampoline! Today, we are heading to have lunch with Rebecca at her cafeteria at work. Then, the ZOO!
Old 08-29-2017, 09:23 PM   #7048
Mad Swapper

I am home - I have read through while I was away but did not use my data to comment. It was a wonderful trip - the time with family up in Brisbane was wonderful. So lovely to catch up with the great grand daughters again, amongst other things. S. Son also took me out to a tourist spot, and he is so patient that I never feel rushed to look and scarper. He also took me to the one stamp shop on the Gold Coast, and it was closed that day, so took me back another day - he is such an enabler!!

The last four days with Lovely Linda and her family in Canberra was amazing - lots of stamping, die cutting and colouring time.

If it was't that the trip home took nearly 15 hours I would have come home really refreshed! 3 hours on the bus, 4 hours in the airport, 2 3/4 hours flying - and hour to get through customs etc (at midnight!!) and then the drive home. The latter was compounded by road works causing kilometers of detours and slow sections of driving, and then fog!!

My cat and I were very pleased to see each other, and he has not let me alone since... he spent over an hour just purring on the bed once I got there!!

Hope Jeanette's Mum continues to heal well, and that you mother recovers quickly Shelly - it's scarey when those accidents happen.

Maggie I have been thinking of you and praying that all is well, albeit damp!

Barb you really sound so busy - congrats on being a Camp Great Aunty!!

Waving to you all from down under
Old 08-30-2017, 07:32 AM   #7049
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I am still praying for everyone in Texas and now those farther east too. Be Safe!

We had a great time at the zoo yesterday. The weather has been perfect all week-temps in the 70's, so very comfortable. The kids went fishing last night with Rebecca at her sister's senior complex as the Bark River runs through it. They caught a couple of sunfish and had a fun doing it. We might go again this morning. We head to Milwaukee to meet their mom this afternoon and heading back to Chicago on the train. It sure has been a fun time!
Old 08-30-2017, 08:03 AM   #7050
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Maxine, welcome home!! Your trip sounds like it was a wonderful getaway - I'm glad you got to spend time with your family and friends and visit a stamp shop, some sight and color, too! Perfect getaway! I'm sure Tinker cat missed you greatly ♥

I have been praying and praying for the friends and family in Houston! I have to turn off the news - it's just so sad to see. We have been through countless hurricanes and I know the aftermath is 10 times worse than the storm itself - so my heart goes out to all.

Waving to everyone!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 08-30-2017, 02:26 PM   #7051
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Hello ladies : )

I had the afternoon to get things accomplished today, like laundry ...... but my ESL student cancelled again, so had the AM as well. I fell asleep on the couch- sat down to write a note to the cardiologist about mom..... Guess I needed another nap. I generally never nap in the daytime, yesterday I fell asleep a little after 4 for about 2 hours. (I have fibromyalgia).

Tomorrow, we are going to Chicago to meet friends for dinner, then the 6 of us are going to a Cubs game- Wahoo!

And, we have had 2 butterflies mature, one a boy, the next a girl! It is awesome to watch. I think we let the boy go too early, but if he had been outside, would have been the same- he was a little wobbly : ) The girl was very active and was really pretty and dainty : ) She hung around after she was let go for a while on the screen of the window on our sun porch and finally flew off. I am not sure about the last one- the chrysalis is already a little dark on the top- only day 3. we'll know in a week.

I have to share- I only had 9 cards done for DTGD, but won a year of Fan Club membership- Wahoo! That is the best prize, IMO for me anyway. In addition to winning Kelly's giveaway on IG (for a set I was dying to find and had been looking for), I also won a fall giveaway recently. I think I will follow Kelly's advise and get a lotto ticket : )

Praying for all in Texas- glad to know Maggie and Lynn are OK!

My niece is at Texas State, and I know school was cancelled there earlier in the week. I cannot believe the pictures they are showing- like the freeways with water all of the way up to the signs- just so hard to imagine!

I love seeing the pics of rescuers- volunteer or professional, with dogs and kids and people in refrigerators or anything that will float!

Jeanette- be safe in your travels and praying for your mom for a speedy recovery!

Maxine- welcome home- glad you had time with your family, and so awesome you got to spend a few days with Lovely Linda- so fun to see that on FB! Bet that was a blast! I saw that you were coloring with Camelion pens- what do you think? We have 2 boxes of 5 colors, and I do not like them at all- should I keep using them?

Barb- your running makes me want to take another nap! Sounds like you are a barrel of fun!

Off to try to complete a swap card today- supposed to be mailed out by the end of August...... I have never done this before- magic slider card...

Have a great day!!!
Shelly
Old 08-30-2017, 02:42 PM   #7052
Mad Swapper

Shelly I loved the chameleons - they are fabulous to work with. May have helped that I had a great 'tutor', but I would buy them if I wanted to buy alcohol pens.!!
Old 08-30-2017, 06:38 PM   #7053
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning from Great Aunt Camp! Yes, we are hosting Arlyn-age 7 and Simone, 4 1/2, for three days of auntie camp fun! Mom and dad dropped them off last night. Then we are meeting Kathy on Wednesday afternoon in Milwaukee as she is taking the train up from Chicago, catching an early supper at the Public Market with us and then heading back with the two kiddos at 7:00. Today we are even going to Sarah's house for stamp class and they will bring some books along to color and read. Have a Marvelous Monday!
HOpe you all had a good time.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:42 PM   #7054
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
I am home - I have read through while I was away but did not use my data to comment. It was a wonderful trip - the time with family up in Brisbane was wonderful. So lovely to catch up with the great grand daughters again, amongst other things. S. Son also took me out to a tourist spot, and he is so patient that I never feel rushed to look and scarper. He also took me to the one stamp shop on the Gold Coast, and it was closed that day, so took me back another day - he is such an enabler!!

The last four days with Lovely Linda and her family in Canberra was amazing - lots of stamping, die cutting and colouring time.

If it was't that the trip home took nearly 15 hours I would have come home really refreshed! 3 hours on the bus, 4 hours in the airport, 2 3/4 hours flying - and hour to get through customs etc (at midnight!!) and then the drive home. The latter was compounded by road works causing kilometers of detours and slow sections of driving, and then fog!!

My cat and I were very pleased to see each other, and he has not let me alone since... he spent over an hour just purring on the bed once I got there!!

Hope Jeanette's Mum continues to heal well, and that you mother recovers quickly Shelly - it's scarey when those accidents happen.

Maggie I have been thinking of you and praying that all is well, albeit damp!

Barb you really sound so busy - congrats on being a Camp Great Aunty!!

So glad that you had a good time on your trip Maxine and that your SIL was able to take you shopping. Fun!

Thanks for the prayers.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:43 PM   #7055
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning--I am still praying for everyone in Texas and now those farther east too. Be Safe!

We had a great time at the zoo yesterday. The weather has been perfect all week-temps in the 70's, so very comfortable. The kids went fishing last night with Rebecca at her sister's senior complex as the Bark River runs through it. They caught a couple of sunfish and had a fun doing it. We might go again this morning. We head to Milwaukee to meet their mom this afternoon and heading back to Chicago on the train. It sure has been a fun time!
I remember growing up we would go fresh water fishing and caught sunfish. They were small, but tasty.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:45 PM   #7056
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Maxine, welcome home!! Your trip sounds like it was a wonderful getaway - I'm glad you got to spend time with your family and friends and visit a stamp shop, some sight and color, too! Perfect getaway! I'm sure Tinker cat missed you greatly ♥

I have been praying and praying for the friends and family in Houston! I have to turn off the news - it's just so sad to see. We have been through countless hurricanes and I know the aftermath is 10 times worse than the storm itself - so my heart goes out to all.

Waving to everyone!
It's worse than anything you can imagine. I can't turn it off. I need to watch and keep up with what is happening. Gotta keep up with what is going on with friends and family.
Save
Old 08-30-2017, 06:50 PM   #7057
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello ladies : )

I had the afternoon to get things accomplished today, like laundry ...... but my ESL student cancelled again, so had the AM as well. I fell asleep on the couch- sat down to write a note to the cardiologist about mom..... Guess I needed another nap. I generally never nap in the daytime, yesterday I fell asleep a little after 4 for about 2 hours. (I have fibromyalgia).

Tomorrow, we are going to Chicago to meet friends for dinner, then the 6 of us are going to a Cubs game- Wahoo!

And, we have had 2 butterflies mature, one a boy, the next a girl! It is awesome to watch. I think we let the boy go too early, but if he had been outside, would have been the same- he was a little wobbly : ) The girl was very active and was really pretty and dainty : ) She hung around after she was let go for a while on the screen of the window on our sun porch and finally flew off. I am not sure about the last one- the chrysalis is already a little dark on the top- only day 3. we'll know in a week.

I have to share- I only had 9 cards done for DTGD, but won a year of Fan Club membership- Wahoo! That is the best prize, IMO for me anyway. In addition to winning Kelly's giveaway on IG (for a set I was dying to find and had been looking for), I also won a fall giveaway recently. I think I will follow Kelly's advise and get a lotto ticket : )

Praying for all in Texas- glad to know Maggie and Lynn are OK!

My niece is at Texas State, and I know school was cancelled there earlier in the week. I cannot believe the pictures they are showing- like the freeways with water all of the way up to the signs- just so hard to imagine!

I love seeing the pics of rescuers- volunteer or professional, with dogs and kids and people in refrigerators or anything that will float!

Jeanette- be safe in your travels and praying for your mom for a speedy recovery!

Maxine- welcome home- glad you had time with your family, and so awesome you got to spend a few days with Lovely Linda- so fun to see that on FB! Bet that was a blast! I saw that you were coloring with Camelion pens- what do you think? We have 2 boxes of 5 colors, and I do not like them at all- should I keep using them?

Barb- your running makes me want to take another nap! Sounds like you are a barrel of fun!

Off to try to complete a swap card today- supposed to be mailed out by the end of August...... I have never done this before- magic slider card...

Have a great day!!!
Shelly
So glad to hear that you're getting to your Cubs game!

Woo hoo on the butterflies. So glad to hear that 2 of them made it already. They are amazing!

Yes, most schools have been closed all this week. Even if kids could get there, maybe teachers couldn't or vice versa.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:52 PM   #7058
Quacker Stamper

The rain has finally stopped and moved over to East Texas and Louisiana. So sorry for them because they are getting hammered now with Harvey. My neighborhood was very lucky that we don't flood. Our homes are built on a slope and then we have about a 6" step up into the house. Of course my back yard is a swamp. I have to put my rain boots on to go feed the birds, slosh, slosh. . . .

I have been off work through all this. They closed our office because it was impossible to get there. We go back tomorrow and then have a 3-day weekend for Labor Day. The kids are all off school until next Tuesday also, but so many of them have been displaced since they are in shelters. Our Convention Center had 9000 in there the last I heard and now there is the NRG Stadium and they were gearing up for another 10,000. Not sure how many ended up there. They are still rescuing people from the flooding.

My daughter's neighborhood was told that they would have to evacuate, not from the storm, but from the runoff of one of the reservoirs. There are 2 out in the area where they live. Lucky they are on the South side. The North side flooded a lot and people who never flooded before had to leave their homes. You just can't imagine what it is like. My SIL determined that their house was higher than what they said the runoff was going to cause so they were able to stay in their house and it has not gotten any water in it. They did take in a family. The parents, brother and sister of my DGD's GF. So they have 5 more people in their house. Their apartment was flooded and they had no where else to go. They didn't want to go to a shelter and my DD wouldn't let them anyway. They have a job now to find a new apartment. Theirs was completely inundated with water. My daughter made up a list of clothing that they all need, so I'll be making a trip to Walmart on Saturday to do some shopping for them.

I went through my closet today and pulled out some things that I'm not wearing either too big, too small, or just not my style anymore. I also have a lot of clothing and other things in my garage that I will get together this weekend and donate for flood victims.

As you can imagine, I've been glued to the TV and my computer keeping up with Facebook and all my family and friends that have been dealing with Harvey. Even so, I've been able to play with my toys. I finished up some projects that I started at the CKC convention on Friday. That's been fun. I can do that while I'm working on projects.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:57 PM   #7059
Quacker Stamper

And the chaos keeps going not just here, but now to the East of us. Port Arthur has been completely flooded. They had to evacuate a whole nursing home of about 100 residents. They are now moving a lot of them back over here to Conroe which is up North of me which is probably North of the flood zone.

Got in touch with the landscaping people who are supposed to come do some work at my house. They are going to come tomorrow. At first they said next week, but then changed to tomorrow. I'm glad. The front flower bed really needs to get cleaned out.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:55 AM   #7060
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends! We had a fun final day of Aunt Camp yesterday as we played some games at home and went fishing for about an hour--caught one fish! We then drove downtown, met their mom at the Public Market, had supper and dropped all three off at the train station. They had some issues with an engine on the way home and did not arrive until after 10--long day for the kiddos! Today I have a couple of errands and then I hope to spend some time in the stamp room this afternoon--I have missed it!
Old 08-31-2017, 07:29 PM   #7061
Polyshrink Goddess

This sounds like a fun group. Can anyone join in?
Old 09-01-2017, 05:53 AM   #7062
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Friday! And, the start to a long weekend in the USA. Happy pre-Labor Day Weekend. We are heading to Chicago tomorrow afternoon for a picnic and then back home in the evening. On Sunday evening, Rebecca is doing a singing gig for a fundraiser for a friend's daughter's Literacy Trail Project. The weather is to be great, so the concert will be outside in her backyard. We are having some friends over for a cookout before we head to the concert. We have no plans on Monday and that too is to be a nice day in Wisconsin. I hope everyone has a wonderful three day weekend!
Old 09-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #7063
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yikes! First Houston, now Florida! Have you girls seen Irma? Yowza - we are really worried. I was up all night fretting. We have gas in the cars, supplies bought, generator is being looked at by dh who DID have the day off, lol - now he's been in storm mode. The stores are already stripped bare and people are lining up for water and basic supplies

Hugs all around ♥
Old 09-04-2017, 11:58 AM   #7064
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Yikes! First Houston, now Florida! Have you girls seen Irma? Yowza - we are really worried. I was up all night fretting. We have gas in the cars, supplies bought, generator is being looked at by dh who DID have the day off, lol - now he's been in storm mode. The stores are already stripped bare and people are lining up for water and basic supplies

Hugs all around ♥
Prayers for you and all of Florida. I have 2 cousins plus other extended family down there, so keeping my eye on Irma. I must say though I hope it does not bypass Florida and head up into the Caribbean toward us again. I don't think we could take another disasterous flood this soon. The weatherman says that there is a low in the Gulf that will keep it away from us.

Save
Save
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:03 PM   #7065
Quacker Stamper

It's been good to have this long weekend, yes, even after being off a week last week. I've been working on my garage and house. Saturday I took 3 large trash bags of clothing and some housewares to our area ministries donation center. At work the Bar Association is collecting books, so I have 3 boxes of books to take in tomorrow. I'm trying to get the garage and workroom cleaned up so I can do some work out there with my crafting machines. And a I need to find space for my new toys.
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:44 PM   #7066
Mad Swapper

Praying for you all over there !
Old 09-05-2017, 02:15 AM   #7067
Mad Swapper

I hope you all had a good long weekend - and the storms have avoided our Kelly

Nothing much to report from here - apart from the fact the cat has decided to spend his nights outside - little toad! He has also learnt how to get in when I have the cat flap set to 'out' only - it is old and needs replacing which is why he can move the latch.

I had my card class this afternoon, but only one lady was able to attend, so it was very quiet. I taught two projects, but as usual did not get mine finished, but that's o.k. as it gives me something to do tomorrow - as though there is nothing that needs doing here, but is is forecast to be wet and windy, so gardening is out of the question, and I did the washing today!!

Old 09-05-2017, 05:04 AM   #7068

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Yes, I am home again. My parents seem to be settling in now. It's hard to believe we brought my mom home from rehab a week from today. (Then had her in an ambulance and to ER the following day, but they didn't keep her, so it was home again after a few hours). Part of me feels guilty for not being there with them still... another part of me is very glad to be home.

I hope you are all doing well!

I am so far behind that I'm not going to try to read and catch up. Please fill me in on anything important that I've missed. Thanks!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-05-2017, 06:41 AM   #7069
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Friends! We had a great weekend! We ended up not going to Chicago on Saturday for the picnic, but stayed home, did a few outdoor projects and ran a couple of errands--we even bought a new recliner and it will be delivered tomorrow!!! The benefit concert Sunday night was wonderful--a small group but over $600 was raised for Colleen's project. I am going to finish a swap and get it postal today. I do hope you too had a good weekend and have a Terrific Tuesday!
Old 09-05-2017, 08:10 AM   #7070
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends ~ we are waiting to see what is going to happen with Irma. I'm in Miami, never a good place to be near the water and not many places to run to if the storm barrels in. Category 5! Oh my word. I am worried. Like REALLY worried. I usually don't get too hyped up about them but this one has me hyper worried!

We will have the kids pack overnight bags and important paper work and be ready.

Most of all, I ask for prayer for my husband. He's a Clinical Pyschologist and has to figure out with his bosses where they are going to relocate and evacuate over 1000+ mental health patients My heart hurts at that thought. They are chronically ill and can't comprehend something as profound of a move and disruption as this.

Oh my - Irma please just go back to sea
Old 09-05-2017, 08:19 AM   #7071

Kelly, your situation sounds very stressful! Hugs and prayers! Yes... Irma... go away!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #7072
SCS RAK Coordinator

Go Away Irma! Praying for Kelly and her hubby too!
Old 09-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #7073

Quote:

Go Away Irma! Praying for Kelly and her hubby too!
.... and her children.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:15 PM   #7074
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hi All! Prayers for Kelly and family, and her hubby's groups patients. We will be watching Irma as well. And, PRAYING for everyone in Irma's way!

Maggie- glad things in your neighborhood are OK.

Jeanette- welcome home!

Barb- yeah for getting stuff done and getting new furniture : )

Lynn- waving hello- still stormy with crazy winds by you???

We are going to have a big day tomorrow. I was able to get a doc appt tomorrow with my Pulmonologist for my Mom. I am pretty sure she has toxic lung from one of her heart meds. Not a very good diagnosis. The drug has a half life of over a month, so it clears the body slowly. She is still being worked up by the Rheumatologist to make sure it is not something else...... Please say a prayer for her. We are all exchanging prayers for each other, I know that...LOL

Anyone else doing the 30 day coloring challenge? I am having fun trying to make quite a few more cards, some will be using backgrounds from stash, but most will be new. Great to keep using all of those unused supplies- Oh yeah!

***Did anyone see we have a SCS'er asking if she can join the group. Any thoughts???*** PM me your thoughts. Karen is her name- I do not see much activity on her blog, but I can drop her a line after I hear from some of you.

Have a great Wednesday!

Shelly

Last edited by mcschmidty; 09-05-2017 at 11:23 PM..
Old 09-05-2017, 11:20 PM   #7075
Mad Swapper

Replying privately Shelly
Old 09-06-2017, 03:29 AM   #7076

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Thanks for the welcome home, Shelly. I'm praying for your mom... and for you! You two are often in my thoughts/prayers, in fact.

Kelly, I read some Irma news this morning. Yikes! Stay safe!!!

Hi Maxine. It's sure good to see you again. I miss you when you're quiet.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:17 AM   #7077
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Wednesday!

I had a good day in the stamp room yesterday as I finished a swap and it is mailed along with making four other cards. Today I am headed to my LSS to drop off rummage items for the sale this weekend. It is cool here--temps in the 40's overnight. I am keeping all of friends in Irma's path in my prayers.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:31 AM   #7078
SCS RAK Coordinator

I have been texting with Kelly this morning and she asked me to give all of you an update. Her family is evacuating this afternoon to Eustis. She is taking her mom with her, along with her four kids and the two crazy dogs--her words! Her hubby is staying behind and that is heavy on her heart. Please be sure to keep her and her entire family in your prayers. Kelly--We Love You!
Old 09-06-2017, 08:19 AM   #7079

Smoochy!!! YAY!

Barb, thanks for letting us know... praying for Kelly and her family!

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:46 PM   #7080
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Praying for Kelly and her family, and for all Floridians and all who may be in harms way! I am seeing radar images and there is another hurricane on radar named Jose already....... behind Irma.

We have friends near Tampa who are also preparing for a hurricane, in case it goes around the tip and them hits land.

Went to doc today and mom is stopping heart med- may be started on another eventually, but we'll see how she tolerates being off the med. Please pray for her to not have a hard time with her heart. There is only so much we can do! God is in control!

Shelly